Welcome to Gaia! ::

MortuusATA
Metheshrew
MortuusATA
Hey everyone! Ive returned!

We missed you! smile

Likewise! I've been in a love/hate relationship with gaia lately ^^;

I understand. Gaia has its ups and downs.
The majority of my relationships have been interracial
Karoish
MortuusATA

Oh? where do you originate from?
I grew up in a very family oriented home, and people can be very friendly if you find the right group! you're very lucky.

Oh no he despises spicy food. and pickles. XD so all of my favorite dishes were pretty much moot and I had to make a more calmed down dish. I pretty much live off of spicy foods (though now that Ive been on more of a diet my tummy can't take it like it used to)
I'm from Finland. And my family is very family oriented as well, but I suppose it's more common to reserve the hugs to people you know. Of course my family hugged my SO upon meeting but that's a bit different since they technically knew her. I felt a little embarrassed when her brother went in for a hug but I was already offering a hand-shake! sweatdrop

Sounds very familiar. My SO also tones down the foods for me and just adds chili to her own portion.

lol I know how her brother feels. My family went to Hawaii when I was turning sixteen. At the Luau we met this young Australian couple who we kind of befriended. Well, when we got back to the city it was time for us to go our seperate ways. The man hugged and kissed me on the cheek, and I was like 'woah, wasn't expecting that redface " The wife shook my hand but I was expecting a hug so I threw my arms around this lady while she had her hand extended. sweatdrop
Karoish
MortuusATA

Oh? where do you originate from?
I grew up in a very family oriented home, and people can be very friendly if you find the right group! you're very lucky.

Oh no he despises spicy food. and pickles. XD so all of my favorite dishes were pretty much moot and I had to make a more calmed down dish. I pretty much live off of spicy foods (though now that Ive been on more of a diet my tummy can't take it like it used to)
I'm from Finland. And my family is very family oriented as well, but I suppose it's more common to reserve the hugs to people you know. Of course my family hugged my SO upon meeting but that's a bit different since they technically knew her. I felt a little embarrassed when her brother went in for a hug but I was already offering a hand-shake! sweatdrop

Sounds very familiar. My SO also tones down the foods for me and just adds chili to her own portion.

Oh thats neat! My family is a friendly bunch, but we are a bit rough and tumble group. Its always been the women hug and the men shake hands. When I met my SO's family I did a lot of handshaking but I got a hug out of his mom closer to the end of my stay<3

I dont add chili to mine, most of them you have to be so exact and let it sit you cant just add later (unless its fried chicken or something) so its usually minimize it, leave it in or out

Greedy Fatcat

Metheshrew

lol I know how her brother feels. My family went to Hawaii when I was turning sixteen. At the Luau we met this young Australian couple who we kind of befriended. Well, when we got back to the city it was time for us to go our seperate ways. The man hugged and kissed me on the cheek, and I was like 'woah, wasn't expecting that redface " The wife shook my hand but I was expecting a hug so I threw my arms around this lady while she had her hand extended. sweatdrop
Oh, haha! Oh dear! It happens, though. I was kind-of-friends with a couple of Spanish exchange students and one of them would kiss me on the cheek all the time which freaked me out the first couple of times. biggrin
Karoish
Metheshrew

Oh, haha! Oh dear! It happens, though. I was kind-of-friends with a couple of Spanish exchange students and one of them would kiss me on the cheek all the time which freaked me out the first couple of times. biggrin

Haha, it always freaks me out when someone I barely know hugs or kisses (even if the person is good looking). After the first few times it's okay, though.
Metheshrew
Karoish
Metheshrew

Haha, it always freaks me out when someone I barely know hugs or kisses (even if the person is good looking). After the first few times it's okay, though.

I had a fun italian friend that used to do that to me! It freaked me out at first but now we do that New-York High-class kiss the cheeks greeting when we greet each other ^^

Greedy Fatcat

I'm very strict about my own space and the right to my own body so I get easily freaked if someone invades it without me initiating. Looks have nothing to do with it for me, it more so depends on how well I know the person. 3nodding
But it's so funny how different cultures treat touching other people. When I was working as a tourist guide the Italians were the most likely people to be in your space, they always wanted to shake hands and talk to me with their arm around me, haha!
I've always been an intimate person and a "toucher" its how I learn to connect.

on that same strand its why I love my friends in general <3 Especially the few italian ones I have.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lifestyle-discussion/interracial-relationships/t.74121173_1/

Discussion! Still convinced he is a troll but whatever! good things to bring up
Metheshrew
Sound out the Words
My mother's black and my father's white. The only one who opposed was my dad's father. A white bigoted man. But he dies early so that ok. My dad's twin sister married a black man, his older brother married a Puerto Rican, and the youngest brother to an Indonesian woman. My mom's brother married a Dominican. So I grew up around interracial relationships my whole life. People here don't care who marries what race. I myself am attracted to every race pretty much. I've dated a Caucasian, a Russian/Kazakh and my current boyfriend is Caucasian. If I'm attracted to the guy and are compatible, I'll have no problem being with him.

I, myself, have grown up all around interracial relations. ^^ I've never had much problems, but there are always a few people that have a problem with who we love and associate with. It's okay, though, no one likes them anyway lol. By the way, I've been into Kazakh culture ever since my freshman year in college. In my public speaking class there was a woman from Kazakhstan who told us all about the country and culture. I hope to go there one day. xd

His parents adopted him from Russia when he was a few months old. He knew his birth name as for the Russian or Kazakh culture I don't think he had any idea of it. I learned my boyfriend's got interracial cousins. Interracial dating/marriage is widely accepted in this area. But apparently in Lancaster there's KKK activity? So not everywhere is still ignorant free. So sad.

Fatcat

As a product of one such relationship, I feel odd that there is a thread devoted to it. I'm not really sure what the purpose is, as it's not really a pressing issue, or all that exciting. Yeah, I intimately know two cultures, but whatevs, have fun.
Princess Julia Of Heart
User Image
♥Julie Says://♥

Yeah...first time posting. The other night I noticed Metheshrew's siggy and got curious.
This may entertain some of you and others it might be too long but this is somewhat my story.
Skip to the bottom part if you're too lazy to read.

As a child my parents didn't really let me out and socialize with people until I was almost six and a half. So I only knew my parents and close family members. I didn't understand color because my dad's half of the family is Hispanic (as in Spain) and Native American (two different tribes, one of the darker ones and one of the tribes that had white white skin) and my mom's half was Latin (from Mexico but were of the nearly pure European variety) and were also part Native American also (the ones that are like medium toned). So my mom looks almost white and my dad is very dark (as a child if I tanned enough in the summer I could pass for a black person).
Some of my cousin's were part Irish and pc game store onlinecdkeyseller.com like us (basically until recently we had a lot of races in the family except black and as far as I know Asian).
Eventually when I did start going outside I didn't understand what races were or that the different colors meant different like areas of the world and such.
So to me black, white, Mexican, Hispanic, Asian and stuff were all the same. We all just had different features.
The town where I grew up is mostly white people though or whited out races like Asian people who act white. Eventually I discovered through them and school that races did exist and I just shrugged it off.
When I hit puberty though these two girls used to call me the n word and stuff and I didn't understand. Since I did hit puberty pc game seller onlinecdkeyseller.com , not that I really care but half the time they're calling me the wrong race so I just think of how stupid they are.

But as it starts here, I've always been attracted to white or at least white looking guys. Unfortunately nobody where I lived was willing to date someone with imperfect features or that didn't dress up and do their makeup all the time so I didn't really date all that much.
I stopped going outside because I have a skin disorder that if I'm exposed to sunlight for too long it super dries out my skin and it starts bubbling so I've become lighter over the years.
About two years ago though I met this cute guy (lol my boyfriend now) on Gaia and we hit it off. Long story short we were separated by 1500+ miles and I had decided to come up here to be with him.
When I discussed it with my Aunt she began making racist comments that because its Oregon that white people wouldn't like me and would be racist and that no one would accept our relationship.
Honestly nothing had hurt me more than her saying those types of things.
Most of my family has wanted me to settle down with a Hispanic or Mexican. Because my grandmother believed to keep it within similar races. My cousins who are closer to my age told me not to listen. Our generation has been branching out into dating different races and have been quite happy once we find the person we click with.
The problem is though that even my own dad doesn't like the fact I'm dating someone white (my mom could care less because she's been everywhere already.) And growing up in my family (we're not actually racist mind you) we make racial jokes about every race. We apologize if we offend anyone but basically we just trade off jokes about that sort of thing, it can be an ice breaker.

Blegh so spazzy about writing this but in short
Native American/Hispanic/Latina dating a White (of several white races but still) boy.
This disturbs people for some reason and I can't understand why.

♥ Julie

I agree with you Julia nice one smile
i am a mixed offspring : ) half black half white
my parents didnt stay married for too long, but still have a good relationship between them.
So awesome shocking moment of the weekend story time~!!

It was my birthday this past Sunday, and I didn't really plan on having a party, just a few friends over for cake and ice cream. I was doing some laundry the late morning of and my grandfather stops making his lunch to look at me and say, "You can invite that boy over. It's your birthday and I want you to be happy. While I'm not going to change, my opinions, I wont do anything to embarrass you." Both my uncle and I had to stop and do a double take to properly understand him.

So I did what he said I could and invited my boyfriend over. Later on in the party thing, my grandfather walked in the kitchen and saw my little sister trying to take a picture of us, so he took the camera from her. We all thought he was just going to close the camera and walk away, but he took a picture of us, and was smiling.

Then a little later we were all playing Mario Kart on my gamecube. Two of our other friends were racing and I was sitting in his lap and my little sister in mine. Then my grandfather walked in our den and smiled again. It was certainly shocking, but wonderful.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff