Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS THREAD NEEDS MOAR RATINGS :3

No, ratings are stupid. 0.44444444444444 44.4% [ 4 ]
Yes, and I'll up-rate it, because I love Darrin. 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 2 ]
Yes, and I'll down-rate it, because I can't stand Darrin. 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 9 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 20 >

When I was a child, yes, I wanted to change my name. I hated having such an uncommon name. "April." cat_sweatdrop I actually thought it was ugly. Making up new names with my friends when we played pretend was so awesome.

But now I have grown too attached to it to change it. I have realized that April is actually a moderately common name (there are 3 of us in my neighborhood, and the other 2 live right next to each other!!! cat_eek There are only 4 blocks in my neighborhood too). And also that it has its own strange beauty to it that common names do not.

I hate it only when people ask me, "Hey, if your name is April, weren't you born in April too???" And then they do not believe me when I tell them I was born 3 days before Christmas... Gawddddd. cat_gonk

/endrant
Nopeee! My mother gave me my name and I will keep it! blaugh

Adored Admirer

I don't see the purpose of changing your name. The way I see it, you are given two names in your life. The first is your given name. The second is the name you receive from others.

Angelic Streaker

10,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Partygoer 500
I'll only change my name if my Master renames me.
I would love it if he did, but that's completely up to him.

785-191-105

Hygenic Poster

I wish I could switch my first and middle names. I like my middle name (Alexander) much more than my first (Jordan).

However I often wonder what it would be like if my first name were Giovanni. Or Nikolai. Those were almost my names. It was so very close. However, I am happy my first name is unisex.

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
I love my name and would never change it, not even if I got married.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

7,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I've though about changing it. My last name is long obnoxius Polish name. Thank good ness my boyfriend ( whom I plan on marrying) has a very simple name. I'd shorten my first name though. I'll just give my daughters the names I was going to change mine to.
I like my name

Beloved Sex Symbol

Yup I have, but if it wasn't so damn expencive I would do it.

Man-Hungry Cat

12,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
I'm fine with my first name. I've debated changing my last name when I'm older though because my parents got divorced and the side that still goes by the last name I use and I are on bad terms...

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Lirit the Courtesan
Stahlherz
Lirit the Courtesan
Believe me, I'm up for it.

For what now? >.>

suffer from an undereating disorder.

Seriously?

Prinzack's Sidekick

Bashful Husband

I've never liked my name. Even as a child. 3nodding
People would always pronounce it as Amelia when it's Emily-Ah.

Also, once I started developing a personality of my own, and grew up further after, I started to associate my name with the person that I used to be. Making me hate it further.

I plan on changing my name to Rose. 4laugh
My last name'll just be with whoever the hell I marry.

Generous Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Gale Gynoid
If I had to change something, I would remove or replace my middle name because it means "Jehovah is God" - no longer relevant, as I'm an atheist. However, it's still dear to me because it's French, something I associate with my mother, who was multi-lingual. My first name is also Biblical, but it's too much a part of my identity to change now.

Your family still knows who you are. Your name is only a tiny part of your identity. Is it really that big of a deal? confused

Witty Conversationalist

11,925 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
The Chainsaw Ninja
Wait, you're going to make a thread about changing names and you're NOT going to tell us what your new name is? Or even what your OLD name was?

That was one of the only things I cared about in this thread and I didn't care that much to start! I legitimately feel cheated.

Ladykiller

I was lucky to have been given a name that I really love. My sister might do it later when she's older because my mom and her dad misspelled her name when she was born.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff