Total Votes:[ 96 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Hobotastique
If it were someone incredibly close to me, there'd be a gap in my heart but I'd still be able to move on.

I tend to feel numb, and I try to get used to the fact that I won't see them around anymore. Death is inevitable, and I've learned to deal with it quite well.

I'm not the only one then! heart

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Love Muffin88
It depends on how close I was to someone. If it was my mom and dad for instance, I would probably cry because I see them pretty much every day. At all of my grandparents funerals, I didn't really cry because I saw them maybe once every few years. I was sad of course, but I didn't cry.

I do cry when I watch most Disney cartoon movies. Especially The Fox and The Hound.<-I'm pretty sure that when it comes to titles, that it is acceptable to capitalize every beginning letter of a word.(referring to the OP.)

I'm sorry I didn't capitalize everything. crying

Sue me.

Magical Tree

XinfinitelyX
thewaitingtree
Actually... ironic.. not funny and you have hell of timing OP.

Dealing with death here. This old lady that's a friend is dying in the hospital - leukemia.
It's rough. She was such a sweet lady.

How do I deal? I cry a lot.

Aww, I'm so sorry. crying BTW, this thread is about a week old. I'm sorry if I reminded you...

She's dying...? Was? gonk

Lol. It's okay. I'll be okay. Just saw the title and got misty eyed again...

My wonky verb tense switch there. Uh, well, we've known she didn't have long to live since they diagnosed her. But today I found out she's got minutes to days left, and is semi-comatose in the hospital.

The hard thing is remembering her kindness. She was great to just chat with, and now she can't. I'll miss her smile, and hugs.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
thewaitingtree
XinfinitelyX
thewaitingtree
Actually... ironic.. not funny and you have hell of timing OP.

Dealing with death here. This old lady that's a friend is dying in the hospital - leukemia.
It's rough. She was such a sweet lady.

How do I deal? I cry a lot.

Aww, I'm so sorry. crying BTW, this thread is about a week old. I'm sorry if I reminded you...

She's dying...? Was? gonk

Lol. It's okay. I'll be okay. Just saw the title and got misty eyed again...

My wonky verb tense switch there. Uh, well, we've known she didn't have long to live since they diagnosed her. But today I found out she's got minutes to days left, and is semi-comatose in the hospital.

The hard thing is remembering her kindness. She was great to just chat with, and now she can't. I'll miss her smile, and hugs.

That's awful. gonk

Memories are forever.
Humans are only mortal. crying

Magical Tree

XinfinitelyX

That's awful. gonk

Memories are forever.
Humans are only mortal. crying

Agreed.

The worst part of life is the decay of the body.
It's why we live every day knowing it's important, ne? And why we treasure people.
Bump in the name of dead people.

2,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
XinfinitelyX
I think everyone needs a nice downer, right about now.

How do you guys cope with loss?

Personally, I don't cry or anything. I end up thinking about the person from time to time, but I might even forget all together. Drives me nuts when others cry. Crying for themselves, not for the person who's actually dead.

Discuss-
DEATH.
Dealing with DEATH.
DEATH-related topics.

I haven't had anyone really close to me die, so to be honest, I'm not sure how I would cope. My guess is that I would cry, depending on who it is. My fiance or my daughter? There will be tears; probably a lot of them. Close friends? Much the same. My parents? Some tears, but to be completely honest, probably less than the previous two options.

In all cases, once the initial shock wears off, I'd probably drift into a weird state of mind. Kind of like walking through a fog. I'd think of whomever died, remember all the good times, and remind myself to take solace in the life they had (unless it was cut short; then I may grieve quite awhile longer). I'd tell myself that they're at peace, and that they would want me to be happy, and to keep living my life.

No one really knows how they'll deal with these things until they do. Out of curiosity, why do you find crying ridiculous? In the case of only crying for themselves, I understand; but in the case of crying because they miss the one they lost, particularly if it was an unexpected of painful death (violent crime, accident, or a long-suffering illness) can you really fault someone for crying? There are people I know and like I may not cry for if I'm held at a distance from them, but I can't imagine not grieving for someone close to me.

2,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
XinfinitelyX
The_Dread_Toaster
I used to be a poster, like you. Then I took a vodka to the everything.

Also my dog died two days ago. sad

I wish I could do that. cry

I'm so sorry!

I have a dog too.
I just don't want to wake up that one day and find his body cold. sad
I think I'm more of a softie for animals... humans... are... whatever. sweatdrop

Similarly, I think I might be the same. Unless the person is really close to me, I can't get all worked up. When I put my dog down nearly four years ago...well, I still grieve for her a bit. Now and then, if I think about it, or watch some sappy animal story, I cry for her. (Marley and Me had me bawling not too long ago).

Then again, I've never had a close friend or family member die. *Shrug*. A few distant relatives I barely knew, but not much else.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
A Roman For All Seasons

Roman! emotion_hug
XinfinitelyX
A Roman For All Seasons

Roman! emotion_hug

Heya! 4laugh

I was banned again. crying

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Rebel_Dynasty

I haven't had anyone really close to me die, so to be honest, I'm not sure how I would cope. My guess is that I would cry, depending on who it is. My fiance or my daughter? There will be tears; probably a lot of them. Close friends? Much the same. My parents? Some tears, but to be completely honest, probably less than the previous two options.

In all cases, once the initial shock wears off, I'd probably drift into a weird state of mind. Kind of like walking through a fog. I'd think of whomever died, remember all the good times, and remind myself to take solace in the life they had (unless it was cut short; then I may grieve quite awhile longer). I'd tell myself that they're at peace, and that they would want me to be happy, and to keep living my life.

No one really knows how they'll deal with these things until they do. Out of curiosity, why do you find crying ridiculous? In the case of only crying for themselves, I understand; but in the case of crying because they miss the one they lost, particularly if it was an unexpected of painful death (violent crime, accident, or a long-suffering illness) can you really fault someone for crying? There are people I know and like I may not cry for if I'm held at a distance from them, but I can't imagine not grieving for someone close to me.

Ah. I can understand if you would cry if someone that close to you died. Heck, if someone that close to me died, I would probably go into shock. Depression, probably. I don't think I would cry though. I never cry.

Same here. I'd have a hard time getting on with my life, but it would eventually have to happen.

Crying?
It's not just the crying. I just can't do anything when someone else cries. I don't know what to do. Usually I ask if they're OK, then I just give them a wide berth.

But it's disgusting when people cry for themselves. If you've read The Bridge to Terebithia, at the end of the book, one of the main protagonists die. Her friend is disgusted by her family's reaction. They all cried. They cried for themselves.

So that's how I consider people. It's unnatural for humans to grow so attached to others and to fear death so much. It's only natural to die. And, the crueler side of me always wants to tell people to grow up. Though I understand, people have the right to be sad, but they shouldn't cry for themselves. That, is selfish.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
A Roman For All Seasons
XinfinitelyX
A Roman For All Seasons

Roman! emotion_hug

Heya! 4laugh

I was banned again. crying

It's OK.

Perhaps you should make a nice sig.

So they don't ban you. whee
The thing that really hits me is when the person that I was really close to died. Yea I cry. I've always heard people say think of all the happy times/ things you did together. The person will always be in your heart, yada yada yada. It might help sometimes. Few years back when I heard my grandmother died of cancer I just started crying and I thought a picture of her well help me. It didn't really. After a few years have gone by I guess I cope better.

2,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
XinfinitelyX
Rebel_Dynasty

Ah. I can understand if you would cry if someone that close to you died. Heck, if someone that close to me died, I would probably go into shock. Depression, probably. I don't think I would cry though. I never cry.

Same here. I'd have a hard time getting on with my life, but it would eventually have to happen.

Crying?
It's not just the crying. I just can't do anything when someone else cries. I don't know what to do. Usually I ask if they're OK, then I just give them a wide berth.

But it's disgusting when people cry for themselves. If you've read The Bridge to Terebithia, at the end of the book, one of the main protagonists die. Her friend is disgusted by her family's reaction. They all cried. They cried for themselves.

So that's how I consider people. It's unnatural for humans to grow so attached to others and to fear death so much. It's only natural to die. And, the crueler side of me always wants to tell people to grow up. Though I understand, people have the right to be sad, but they shouldn't cry for themselves. That, is selfish.

Ah, I get it, now. I know what you mean. It's that helpless feeling when someone is crying; you know there's little-to-nothing you can do to console them. I never read the book, but I did watch both the old and new version of the movie, and I remember considering her family selfish. 3nodding

I can see where you're coming from, now. It makes sense, really. I don't see death as frightening or even cruel. Sometimes, death is the kindest release. I don't even really see it as the end. I don't know what follows-if anything-but I tend to think there is more to our journey than our mortal lives. I believe in reincarnation. I don't believe we live an infinite amount of times; just as many times as we need to in order to learn what we needed to learn. Then, we may return to whatever source of energy we came from-both physically and spiritually. ^^; I guess I find solace in what I believe, but even if my beliefs aren't true, I'm still not afraid of what follows death. If my body simply decays and there's nothing more, I'm okay with that. My decay will support other forms of life.

I usually try to see the silver lining in any situation. Like you said, death is natural. I may not be in any hurry to go right now, and I'd want the opportunity to get my affairs in order before departing this Earth (so that the ones I leave behind don't have more to worry about), but when it's my time, it's my time. I won't kick up a fuss. I'll walk willingly with death, when it comes to claim me.
What is there to deal with? It's not like they don't respawn. It just takes some time. F*cking lagg.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff