Laughing 0.0625 6.2% [ 6 ]
Being unrealistic, pretending nothing happened 0.052083333333333 5.2% [ 5 ]
I don't. I get depressed. 0.14583333333333 14.6% [ 14 ]
None of the above. (Specify in a post) 0.20833333333333 20.8% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 96 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

XinfinitelyX
Girl With The Windex Eyes
Never experience death in my life, other than pets dying. My grandmother died when I was 7, and I didn't really know her. Two people I kind of knew died and I was saddened, but not balling or anything. I might have to sometime in the future experience a great loss. A week ago I found out my mother has colon cancer.. going to see her when her surgery comes up. I cried over hearing it. I know she is in Gods hands and my mom is such a strong women. I do hope she survives this, but I know there is a possibility she won't and I have prepared myself for that.. I don't think I'll fully be prepared, but I know that it may be something that'll happen. I hope it won't though. I hope she survives this.

Good luck! gonk

Thanks. I just found out she is having surgery tomorrow and will also have chemo and radiation. She also told me that it didn't go too far, so thats good. I hope everything goes okay. Can't wait until I get over there. I wish I knew about the surgery earlier. I knew she was going to have it, but for the past week I wasn't able to reach her. Hopefully things go alright.

Dapper Conversationalist

My dad's death had a big impact on my life. Bigger than even I realised at the time. Immediately after, I went into a kind of shock mode. I remember giggling at the funeral and joking about carrying my dad's ashes in my backpack. It was morbid, but that's how you get through situations like those.

But a few months afterwards I started drinking too much. I cried myself to sleep every night. I walked aimlessly at night. I was rather a mess, but too proud to ask anyone for help. It took a good two years to deal with, and of course I still miss him.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

5,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Contributor 150
When my grandma Kathryn (whom I'm partly named after) died I was devastated. I have Cerebral Palsy and Anxiety (which wasn't diagnosed then) and the last time I saw her i was a total b***h to her and I will always regret how nasty I was towards her that night. I loved her so much and we had a great relationship. We now live in her house. We renovated it some because it was built in 1865. My great Uncle Trygve has cancer and isn't going to be on the earth for that much longer. I know I will take it hard. I hate funeral I can't stand them, I physically get sick.
I just become very numb when I experience a loss. I used to get extremely depressed, but I think I've been let down so much that I've stopped reacting to it to save myself further emotional trauma.

Or maybe I'm just a melodramatic p***y.

Bunny

I'm rather silent. Observant of others and the situation.
One of the ex's to the last funeral I went to took the stand and said;
"He's probably looking down at us and going;
"WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING DOWN THERE?!" "

So everyone had a good laugh out of it, oddly enough.

--

Though with myself, I do tend to laugh.
Especially with the death of adorable animals.
I can't help but to smile, snicker, laugh.
Maybe shed but one lone tear,
but nothing extreme.

Though, nothing triggers it.
I don't think of anything funny,
and I certainly don't mean to insult people by laughing at their coffins.
Think about it for a bit, get over it.
Badda-boom-badda-bing.
If they're close to me then I completely fall apart.
I've still not recovered from the people I lost a few years ago.
Anyone else, I'll shed a few tears and be there for the people close to them.

3,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
It pretty much just depends on who died. When my grandparents passed away it almost killed me. But as days and weeks pass you start to feel better.

Enduring Phantom

Depends on how close I was to the person in question, but I could do any one of the things in the poll. Mostly I think the seven (or five, depending on where you look) stages of grief apply here.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Resonare Praeteriti
Depends on how close I was to the person in question, but I could do any one of the things in the poll. Mostly I think the seven (or five, depending on where you look) stages of grief apply here.

God, your sig is amazing! heart

Right. I didn't specify, but I meant someone close and important to you.

Sparkly Lunatic

A friend of mine died a year or so ago from cystic fibrosis. He had a lung transplant at seventeen and died at nineteen, a month short of his twentieth birthday. His body rejected the lungs after two years and he couldn't get a replacement transplant soon enough, and he died. I hadn't seen him since he went off to college, and his death hit me really hard. I'd known him since we were really little; he was just shy of two years older than me. When he died I'd still been harboring a bit of a crush on him. My mom called me while I was at theatre rehearsal at school when he died, and I slammed a stool and hit the whiteboard. I got really quiet for the rest of the day and somehow kept from crying. I was angry. Michael had just barely gotten a chance to live a normal, disease-free life like he'd always wanted, and that night and the next day I cried because it was so unfair that it had all been taken away from him so quickly. The night before he died I'd had a dream that I was crying in an open room and people were just walking by, and someone stopped and asked me why I was crying. I told them I was crying because my friend was dying and it wasn't fair because he hadn't had his chance to live normally like he'd wanted, and he wouldn't get his chance to finish college and become a physicist and a scientist like he'd wanted. The person knelt next to me and put their arm around me and told me to stop crying. "Don't cry, Lindsay. I'll be fine. Don't worry." I looked up and it was Michael. He smiled in only a way that Michael could, a smile that I hadn't seen in two years, and promised me he'd be just fine and that everything was going to be alright. He died the very next morning. He was a very sarcastic kid with a very dry sense of humor, and he was a little womanizer. We had Hooters girls at his visitation, and he commanded that no one wear fancy clothes to his funeral, so we all wore jeans. We buried him in his cargo shorts and his favorite pair of Ray-Bans, with a can of Coke, Spaghetti-Os, and his Xbox controller. I miss him. I miss him a lot. He was a great friend and almost a brother to me.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
LostInsideMyMind
A friend of mine died a year or so ago from cystic fibrosis. He had a lung transplant at seventeen and died at nineteen, a month short of his twentieth birthday. His body rejected the lungs after two years and he couldn't get a replacement transplant soon enough, and he died. I hadn't seen him since he went off to college, and his death hit me really hard. I'd known him since we were really little; he was just shy of two years older than me. When he died I'd still been harboring a bit of a crush on him. My mom called me while I was at theatre rehearsal at school when he died, and I slammed a stool and hit the whiteboard. I got really quiet for the rest of the day and somehow kept from crying. I was angry. Michael had just barely gotten a chance to live a normal, disease-free life like he'd always wanted, and that night and the next day I cried because it was so unfair that it had all been taken away from him so quickly. The night before he died I'd had a dream that I was crying in an open room and people were just walking by, and someone stopped and asked me why I was crying. I told them I was crying because my friend was dying and it wasn't fair because he hadn't had his chance to live normally like he'd wanted, and he wouldn't get his chance to finish college and become a physicist and a scientist like he'd wanted. The person knelt next to me and put their arm around me and told me to stop crying. "Don't cry, Lindsay. I'll be fine. Don't worry." I looked up and it was Michael. He smiled in only a way that Michael could, a smile that I hadn't seen in two years, and promised me he'd be just fine and that everything was going to be alright. He died the very next morning. He was a very sarcastic kid with a very dry sense of humor, and he was a little womanizer. We had Hooters girls at his visitation, and he commanded that no one wear fancy clothes to his funeral, so we all wore jeans. We buried him in his cargo shorts and his favorite pair of Ray-Bans, with a can of Coke, Spaghetti-Os, and his Xbox controller. I miss him. I miss him a lot. He was a great friend and almost a brother to me.

God, that's awful! I'm so sorry!

On my school campus, there's a little memorial. It's for a girl who died in the 1900s.
She was only fourteen. Cystic fiborsis too.

Your story triggered my memory. I was just looking at it today...

Dapper Genius

4,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
XinfinitelyX
I think everyone needs a nice downer, right about now.

How do you guys cope with loss?

Personally, I don't cry or anything. I end up thinking about the person from time to time, but I might even forget all together. Drives me nuts when others cry. Crying for themselves, not for the person who's actually dead.

Discuss-
DEATH.
Dealing with DEATH.
DEATH-related topics.

Discuss:

Death… It happens when you die.

Who's death? If mine, then I haven't dealt with it because it hasn't happened… Someone else's death?… They died, end of their story. >_>

Death-related topics? It annoys me to see people cry over someone dying. No, I'm not a mean person. People die, and I feel that others should really stop 'mourning' the dead and start 'honoring' them.

Enduring Phantom

XinfinitelyX
Resonare Praeteriti

God, your sig is amazing! heart

Right. I didn't specify, but I meant someone close and important to you.

Thanks, I try to keep it interesting, haha. 4laugh

An hmmm...well I don't think I'd deal with it well at all, especially if it were immediate family. Initially I would be in a shock sort of state, where the event really doesn't register much, and that might last a while. After that, though, I would get hit by a tidal wave of depression, complete with intermittent crying when possible and wandering aimlessly, searching for the person even though they aren't there. I'd also probably end up clinging to any reminder of them as well.

As I've always said, I readily accept my own death. It's only the death of people I care about that I can't deal with.

Hygienic Member

Excuse me, miss.
I usually bottle it up until it spews out all at once.

I'm surprised I don't look a hundred years old. I should be covered in wrinkles.

yum_tea

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces