Being unrealistic, pretending nothing happened 0.052083333333333 5.2% [ 5 ]
I don't. I get depressed. 0.14583333333333 14.6% [ 14 ]
None of the above. (Specify in a post) 0.20833333333333 20.8% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 96 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

MrMephist0's Waifu

Fashionable Lunatic

Radevel
No one really close to me has ever died. I get sad for a minute and move on.

crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
Depends. Sometmes it's apathy, sometimes I just cry and get depressed, and sometimes I Get furious on the cause of death.

For example:
Quote:
When my grandfather died, I cried a lot, and felt horrible for months. I was 7 too. When my great-grandmother died, a year or so later, I hardly cared. I was always close to my father's parents(it's just my widowed grandmother for the paast 11 years), but not as much to the older members of my mother's family.
When my second late aunt(the first died before I was born) died of cancer when I was 13, I was at the 30th day of death "ceremony" where you put the actual stone grave over the coffin, and I cried so hard that my eyes were poofy for days. It was sad to see my father, last remaining aunt, grandmother and cousins cut their clothes' necklines in moruning. Yet when my second cousin committed suicide, I was too busy being furious over they hyporcity and diplomacy rulling the family, and the very things leading to her death being present at her funeral to actually grieve hard enough.

Ning-Shu
Depending on how close we were, I listen to songs that remind me of the person, write poetry about them. I absolutely cry, a lot.

You might think it's selfish, but I personally need the catharsis of acknowledging that person is no longer a part of my life. I end up reliving a lot of my favorite moments with them.

If it's someone who died young, I end up feeling super remorseful for all of the things they are not going to have a chance to do. A friend of mine was murdered. He was working at an extremely prestigious lab on how to cure cancer, and I truly believe he would have made a huge difference in the medical community. I spent a few weeks grieving over the fact the world lost such a talented and giving person.

I think it's sad to fail to mark the passing of a person. If they meant something to you, changed your life for the better, I want to both mourn and celebrate the individual.

Just to let you know, I grieve for your murdered friend too. crying
Two of my aunts died of cancer, my father went through living hell to survive his, Either me, my last remaining aunt from my father's side or my cousins are going to be next. Your friend could have found a curet hat would save me and/or my family, but that horrible person that murdered him intervened.

ewwygooey
Death is the greatest blessing of all ~ Socrates

It's a blessing diffcult to accept.

Masochist Marduk
I try to bring them back with necromancy, durrr.

Trust me, if non-just-enslaving necromancy existed(you can preserve a person's brain stem and make them your slave, I heard), I'd be dead serious about this answer.

Cluttered Cutesmasher

I don't really do any of those things. I'm kind of emotionless until some time after the event, time makes me feel better.
I've lost lots of family in my lifetime, mainly through death but some through disownment, that it really doesn't have as much effect on me as it would on other people. The largest loss at one time comes from my mothers side of the family which is very large. 6 family members died within 6 months in 2009, starting with my uncle who was like my brother as my mother raised him. He was murdered too.
His death and mistreatment from the government, police, media and courts kind of pushed me to try and create change. I'm in university studying politics and sociology, hoping to become more involved in knife crime campaigns soon, and I hope to work in crime and justice legislation (justice secretary).
So really death can push people to try and create change, given the right circumstances.
I tend to not show emotion around people... I like to cry alone... Last year I lost my mom, that was the hardest thing I've been through in my entire life! At first it was just pure shock, it's like I didn't get it, I didn't cry... Then as time went on it sank in, and the tears came...
well, i cry because i won't see them again and that's really sad.

Wheezing Grabber

This should sum it up nicely.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas