I wish I could buy my own sex toys...

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Prismatic Panda

lick my boots front page
To practice BDSM or any part of the BDSM Lifestyle you must be the age of majority, which varies from 18-21 and IS NOT THE AGE OF CONSENT. IN SOME PLACES BDSM ACTIVITIES ARE ILLEGAL IN ANY FORM. Unsure what your age is for your area? LOOK IT UP! Better safe than sorry. This thread enforces an 18 age of majority.

Unfortunately because you're not at the age of majority (not the age of consent, it has to be the age of majority) it's best for you to not state anything about practicing BDSM here for the sake of thread. We can't condone underage participation because it's illegal and because it could result in this thread being deleted and/or otherwise negatively affected (I think it would get deleted but I'm not 100%). I sort of really like this thread and would like it to stay.

But feel free to post questions and other stuff that doesn't state or imply participation. smile

Magic Fairy

Prismatic Panda

Go to hell...

User Image

User Image She's not trying to be rude or anything. It's just the LAW. You could get into big trouble for participating in BDSM if you're under the age of majority. ^^ The best thing you can do if you're interested is to research as much as possible, and ask all the questions you want. There are a lot of good resources on the front page. :3

Liberal Citizen

7,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
So my boyfriend has just recently started to exhibit some Dominant-type behaviors, because I've mentioned that I see myself as a submissive. Neither of us has ever been in formal BDSM relationship before, so we're kind of just figuring things out as we go along. So lately, he's been pulling my hair, and gripping my a** hard, and even controlling my breath a bit, which I was always wary of, but am actually turned on by, as it turns out.

My problem is this: when I asked him to elaborate when he said that he had thought of more ways to make our latest make-out session hotter and more Dominant, he wrote out a scenario that involved a lot of forcing and "begging for mercy," but not in a playful way.

I know that he's trying to be what I need, but I'm afraid that his idea of BDSM is totally inaccurate. Help??

Playful Friend

drama_chick108

User Image

Leo's advice is to tell him that's not what you're looking for, and let him know what you do want. You really need to both communicate well, sit down and have a talk about things you want and don't want, as well as things he would enjoy and not enjoy. Make some limits, pick a few things you both like and go from there. 3nodding
The first post here has some good resources as well, if you want to have him read up a bit.

Feral Kitten

Prismatic Panda
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Prismatic Panda

lick my boots front page
To practice BDSM or any part of the BDSM Lifestyle you must be the age of majority, which varies from 18-21 and IS NOT THE AGE OF CONSENT. IN SOME PLACES BDSM ACTIVITIES ARE ILLEGAL IN ANY FORM. Unsure what your age is for your area? LOOK IT UP! Better safe than sorry. This thread enforces an 18 age of majority.

Unfortunately because you're not at the age of majority (not the age of consent, it has to be the age of majority) it's best for you to not state anything about practicing BDSM here for the sake of thread. We can't condone underage participation because it's illegal and because it could result in this thread being deleted and/or otherwise negatively affected (I think it would get deleted but I'm not 100%). I sort of really like this thread and would like it to stay.

But feel free to post questions and other stuff that doesn't state or imply participation. smile

Go to hell...

She's not being rude, you are though. She is just telling you the truth. You are not part of the age of majority and could get the thread banned. I agree with Milk, I like this thread and I would prefer it not being banned because of you, or anyone else who thinks that they know the best.

Also, I agree with DoM. She is right, it is the law.

Backwoods Phantom

11,400 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Hello everyone. whee
did you know the law also says you cant have sex until 18 i am sure that dose not stop alot of people from doing it !
Shadowed Prayer
Prismatic Panda
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Prismatic Panda

lick my boots front page

Go to hell...

She's not being rude, you are though. She is just telling you the truth. You are not part of the age of majority and could get the thread banned. I agree with Milk, I like this thread and I would prefer it not being banned because of you, or anyone else who thinks that they know the best.

Also, I agree with DoM. She is right, it is the law.

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
-lovelyjaderose-
did you know the law also says you cant have sex until 18 i am sure that dose not stop alot of people from doing it !

Never heard of anywhere with that law. Unless you mean *****? confused
There is an age of consent in many areas of the world that aids in establishing when sexual acts are statutory rape.
Though, in all honesty, I wouldn't consider sex comparable to BDSM because of BDSMs common nature. While sex can be harmful to a person, BDSM has a lot more risks.

Nonetheless, it's still the law. There is a good reason for that law being in place and it is something that is upheld in this thread.
i know i know but where i live ( i wont say i am sorry it would help you more to find out but..yah ^-^ i understand but i don't see why it is illegal..i think it is rather dumb quote="Raspberry Flavored Milk"]
-lovelyjaderose-

Never heard of anywhere with that law. Unless you mean *****? confused
There is an age of consent in many areas of the world that aids in establishing when sexual acts are statutory rape.
Though, in all honesty, I wouldn't consider sex comparable to BDSM because of BDSMs common nature. While sex can be harmful to a person, BDSM has a lot more risks.

Nonetheless, it's still the law. There is a good reason for that law being in place and it is something that is upheld in this thread.

5,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Noob wrangler 100
The ban might well be for a stupid reason, but it's still in place and there are still consequences for violating it. Our involvement in discussions with an underage that imply her participation in the lifestyle could be read as our condoning her violating the ban. While I personally don't agree with the ban either, there are legal issues that would come with me encouraging her to violate it. What we're basically saying is, the underages are gonna do what they're gonna do, but we don't want it to look like we condoned them violating the ban. I don't presume to speak for the entire LMB, but I think that is the general thesis at work.

Magic Fairy

Splediferous Masochism
The ban might well be for a stupid reason, but it's still in place and there are still consequences for violating it. Our involvement in discussions with an underage that imply her participation in the lifestyle could be read as our condoning her violating the ban. While I personally don't agree with the ban either, there are legal issues that would come with me encouraging her to violate it. What we're basically saying is, the underages are gonna do what they're gonna do, but we don't want it to look like we condoned them violating the ban. I don't presume to speak for the entire LMB, but I think that is the general thesis at work.

User Image

User Image I agree. All we can do is tell the underage people not to do it. And yes, people are going to ignore laws, but they're there for a reason. Sex could be damaging for some, yes. However, BDSM, like Milk said, has a lot of risks. Not just physically, but mentally too. It's not something you should ever just dive into.
This is my first post and I'm not sure where to start. I read all the rules and what not. So with that I will start with my favorite "BDSM" from a TV show.

User Image
The latex man from American Horror Story. My favorite scene was when Tate was in the latex suit and had sex with Vivien. It was almost perfect.

I'm Sub with men and Dom with women, by the way.

5,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Noob wrangler 100
Department of Mysteries
Splediferous Masochism

User Image

User Image I agree. All we can do is tell the underage people not to do it. And yes, people are going to ignore laws, but they're there for a reason. Sex could be damaging for some, yes. However, BDSM, like Milk said, has a lot of risks. Not just physically, but mentally too. It's not something you should ever just dive into.
I don't know. To me that's a bit like not driving because it's dangerous. The only way to reduce the danger is to do it in the end. Reading the manual can only do so much. Of course, it's better than not so I'll agree there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff