Pick your poison.

Top 0.12185185185185 12.2% [ 329 ]
Bottom 0.33185185185185 33.2% [ 896 ]
Switch 0.28259259259259 28.3% [ 763 ]
Gold! 0.2637037037037 26.4% [ 712 ]
Total Votes:[ 2700 ]

Magic Fairy

Chieftain Twilight

yeh. I mean it can be awkward and scary to tell a child what it means to do so and so... but it isn't like a parent needs to detail every little thing right away. just that I think being a prude realy is taking it too far (pardon the wording).

the biggest danger I have seen as far as sexual education goes is lack of it, especially when they get older. and not to mention the complete sepperation of gender when it comes to sexual education. I benefitted so much from reading up on the puberty handbooks for both genders.

User Image I see how that would be helpful.
I remember once seeing an article about someone moving into an apartment and leaving a note saying something along the lines of "Dear other person in appartment,
My partner and I are in a BDSM relationship. You may want to tell your son that her screams are nothing to worry about".
I think that would be a very awkward conversation, but something that should probably be talked about.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Chieftain Twilight
you'd think I would... I should. but I don't. still, I'm glad to now know a title I need to pick up!

Hm. I'm not sure I'd recommend it at this point. I'm only 17 pages in, and that's all been on cannibalism. It's not really a how-to, its more of a scattered history book of sorts. I'm finding it rather interesting, but that could just because it opened with cannibalism, which I already find interesting.

that's a shame... still, I might pick it up just for the cannibalism aspect anyway. ninja

oh well. I wish I had more info myself; most of what I learned on the matter of ettiquette came from first-hand experience and direct lessons; not books. go figure. sweatdrop

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Department of Mysteries
Chieftain Twilight

yeh. I mean it can be awkward and scary to tell a child what it means to do so and so... but it isn't like a parent needs to detail every little thing right away. just that I think being a prude realy is taking it too far (pardon the wording).

the biggest danger I have seen as far as sexual education goes is lack of it, especially when they get older. and not to mention the complete sepperation of gender when it comes to sexual education. I benefitted so much from reading up on the puberty handbooks for both genders.

User Image I see how that would be helpful.
I remember once seeing an article about someone moving into an apartment and leaving a note saying something along the lines of "Dear other person in appartment,
My partner and I are in a BDSM relationship. You may want to tell your son that her screams are nothing to worry about".
I think that would be a very awkward conversation, but something that should probably be talked about.

yes, it is definitely something to talk about, and iy would suck if it came to a sudden requirement like that. sweatdrop I'd much rather pick the time and place to explain it myself, which another reason any kids of mine will be homeschooled until at least 6th grade.

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Chieftain Twilight

Well it is all about various cultures and their dinner rituals, so it could have applications.
I would suggest it for the cannibalism beginning at least. whee It was rather interesting, but unless I zoned a bit, it's a tad all over the place (I probably zoned a bit). Uses good examples though. emotion_omnomnom

I think that's where most people learn. We never really had dinner rules when I was growing up other than that the family eats together if possible. I used to make "snowmen" out of my mashed potatoes when I couldn't eat any more.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Chieftain Twilight

Well it is all about various cultures and their dinner rituals, so it could have applications.
I would suggest it for the cannibalism beginning at least. whee It was rather interesting, but unless I zoned a bit, it's a tad all over the place (I probably zoned a bit). Uses good examples though. emotion_omnomnom

I think that's where most people learn. We never really had dinner rules when I was growing up other than that the family eats together if possible. I used to make "snowmen" out of my mashed potatoes when I couldn't eat any more.

being southern born and raised, with a mom who was raised by catholics and southern-babptists and a stepdad who was raised by conservative hindus.... I had alot of practice with proper etiquette... sweatdrop also, my BDSM origins are as a Sub... so I had to be trained to know how to behave and what to expect. I've learned to pick up social cues right away and adapt to varying social norms.

the trick is in listening, watching and when you are unsure, look to an authority figure or ask what is appropriate. it can be a little embarrassing sometimes, but it works without offending anyone.

if you are looking for specific table manners for any given setting or culture, ask me and I'll see if I can't help a little. smile I don't pretend to be an expert on any given culture's dinner etiquette, though.

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Chieftain Twilight

That's actually how my social anxiety presents itself. I'm always aware of what everyone else is doing to the point that I can't be in a group for too long without crashing. I'm trying to be less aware of what others are doing, but that presents its own problems. sweatdrop
Observing groups can be oddly energizing though.

Thank you. smile

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Chieftain Twilight

That's actually how my social anxiety presents itself. I'm always aware of what everyone else is doing to the point that I can't be in a group for too long without crashing. I'm trying to be less aware of what others are doing, but that presents its own problems. sweatdrop
Observing groups can be oddly energizing though.

Thank you. smile

no problem. ^_^ I'm glad I could help.

Magic Fairy

User Image

User Image I made my first tail butt-plug a couple days ago. It turned out pretty great IMO. ^^;
Next week, I'll be able to start selling them and such. Woot~
Raspberry Flavored Milk
I've started reading The Rituals of Dinner: the origins, evolution, eccentricities and meaning of table manners by Margaret Visser and I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations for other books related to manners? Or perhaps a reading list you would recommend that isn't necessarily kinky, but could have kinky applications?

The ladie's book of etiquette, and manual of politeness; a complete hand book for the use of the lady in polite society is a fairly good read if you can ignore the fact it also mentions Christianity. It's sort of a 'How to' that gives you information on how to be a proper hostess as well as guest, how to dress, different types of parties...

Not sure if its what you're looking for though.

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Harley Jade Linnea

That sounds neat. I'll mention it to Sir. whee Thanks~

Department of Mysteries

Congrats! biggrin
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Harley Jade Linnea

Department of Mysteries

Congrats! biggrin

Very welcome. They have it in the kindle store for free... and if you download the kindle app for your pc, viola... kindle books without having to buy a kindle LOL

You also get a couple of free books when you download it. I have Aesops Fables, Pride and Prejudice and Treasure Island.

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Harley Jade Linnea

I never thought of that. xd Thank you! I may do just that. whee
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Harley Jade Linnea

I never thought of that. xd Thank you! I may do just that. whee

Very welcome! One of the ladie's I work with downloads cookbooks form the kindle store, she gets them free lol.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Harley Jade Linnea
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Harley Jade Linnea

Department of Mysteries

Congrats! biggrin

Very welcome. They have it in the kindle store for free... and if you download the kindle app for your pc, viola... kindle books without having to buy a kindle LOL

You also get a couple of free books when you download it. I have Aesops Fables, Pride and Prejudice and Treasure Island.

that is the most awesome loophole ever. xd I LOVE Treasure Island!

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Department of Mysteries
User Image

User Image I made my first tail butt-plug a couple days ago. It turned out pretty great IMO. ^^;
Next week, I'll be able to start selling them and such. Woot~

ooh, what kind tail is it? biggrin part of me wants to give you my email address so I can has pics. ninja not of it in use, of course. sweatdrop redface

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff