Welcome to Gaia! ::

''I don't know how far they can see though...'' said Simone, thinking.

''I have some rope on me'' Kara chipped in. ''Tie it to something outside the doorand hand it to us, we can pull ourselves out that way?''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
"Yes, that may work," Mari said. "Drop the rope near the wall, but... But keep hold of it, or it may disappear with us, and then we'll tie it off outside."

With the rope dropped, she crouched to take the end, careful not to step through the illusion's wall entirely, and then moved to go and tie it to a pillar a short distance off.
When the rope was tied off, Kara kept it held tight and began to pull herself to the door she couldn't see.
She reached the edge of the illusion, where the rope transitioned through the wall in her point of view, and took a deep breath, before trying to make her way through.

It was a weird experience. Her mind told her the wall was there and she felt as though she was pushing against solid brickwork, but she was moving forward still. Suddenly, the illusion broke for her and she stumbled through back into the stairway. The pain in her arm subsided significantly, although not entirely. The illusion must have been exaggerating it a fair bit.

When she had got her bearings after a few moments, she turned and looked back into the room, to see the surreal spectacle that was essentially Simone attempting to herd a satyr trapped in an invisible box with a dog.

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
Morgaine watched Kara with frank curiosity, tilting her head to one side as the elven girl reached the wall and to her, seemed to shimmer and warp, squashing against the wall awkwardly, before disappearing very abruptly.

Kemp immediately started barking loudly, tail between his legs, ears down.

The satyr, however, was calm if confused, and she walked over to where Kara had been.

Mari raised her eyebrows at Kara.

"Why didn't you bring the scythe?" she asked, keeping her voice low so only the elven girl could hear her. "Then we wouldn't have needed to bother with the satyr."
''Because I'm not you'' Kara said without looking up.

Simone had followed Morgaine over to the door, and was watching her inspect it cautiously. She was considering just giving the satyr a shove through so she could get out of there, but was concerned about getting stuck in the illusion too if she did.

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
Mari scowled.

Morgaine was trying, in fact, to work out how to keep a good grip on both Kemp and the scythe with one hand. She reorganised herself a bit, securing it on her back with a clever twist of her cloak, then wound her fingers through Kemp's fur again and gripped the rope with her other hand.

Kemp, however, sat backwards and whined loudly.
Simone sighed, rolled her eyes, and proceeded to put her boot on Kemps rear and shove him forward through the door.

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
Kemp barked frantically and slithered forward, but he did slide through the illusion and on seeing Kara again, he yanked himself free of Morgaine's hand and leapt across to her, pushing himself again her legs and whimpering.

Morgaine staggered when she stepped through, but she regained her footing with the quick surety of a mountain goat, then slipped the scythe from her back and grasped it close again, clearly wary of having it taken from her. She did, however, bend in a slightly awkward bow.

"I... Thank you," she said. "I didn't anticipate such a difficulty."
Kara bent down and began to fuss over the dog once more. ''Let's get downstairs quickly, this place isn't natural.''

Simone strolled non-chalantly out of the door as she spoke, walked past the others and headed down the stairs. ''Hopefully the foods ready now were done with that farce...''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
"Agreed," Morgaine said, following Simone and giving Mari a slightly wide berth. Kemp stayed pressed close to Kara, but as they descended the stairs back into the main hall, he barked and loped on ahead, returning to his master and promptly climbing all over him.

Wolfgang patted and hugged him, still pale and weary, and looked up at the others as they drew near.

"What happened?" he asked. "Food's done, help yourself... Mari can duplicate it back if needs be."

Mari scowled, but nodded and flounced down onto a bench.
Kara sat down on a bench and removed her cloak and a began with a few of her armour sections on her left arm in order to assess the severity of the injury.
''I don't know'' she said ''Some kind of illusion trapped us.''
She glanced up at Morgaine and the scythe. ''I guess the cabinet was booby trapped.''

Simone sat down where she was before, made a vague grumbling noise and helped herself to some food.

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
"I wasn't expecting it to be trapped," Morgaine said softly, sitting down a short distance from the small cooking fire and folding her legs carefully at one side. "I am sorry."

"Do you need a hand?" Wolfgang said, touching Kara's shoulder lightly, still stroking Kemp. "You're hurt?"
''Morgaine, it's ok, I wasn't expectng that either.'' Kara replied
''And I'm ok, but thankyou.''she said,turning to Wolfgang. ''In all honesty, I dont know if I am. After what we just went through, this may all be in my head.''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
Morgaine, grateful not to be blamed, smiled and began to go through her pack, retrieving bits of chalk and various odds and ends.

"You sure?" Wolfgang said, brow furrowed as he spooned chunky soup into a bowl for her. "It is my turn to fuss over you now, you realise?"
''I... I'm fine really.'' she said, taking the soup gratefully. ''I think I just need to rest''

Simone looked over to the satyr while eating.
''So what now?'' she asked her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces