Welcome to Gaia! ::

''Well, let's hope you don't have to'' Helene replied, before getting to her feet ''He's a good kid, and you did well with him. You both deserve to get out of here, together'' she added, before heading for the kitchen

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
Morgaine's defensiveness faded again and she seemed to relax just a fraction, managing a small smile.

"Thank you," she said quietly, lowering her gaze. "I... I hope we're that lucky."

Nathanael wasn't being particularly productive - he'd gotten a plate out and put a bread roll on it, but then he'd lost momentum and was more just milling around without focus in the kitchen, his movements stiff with tension. He didn't notice Helene initially, so when he turned and faced her, he jumped sharply.

"I... When did you get there?" he snapped, trying to cover his embarrassment and upset with anger. "You shouldn't sneak up on people like that."
''I'm wearing heeled boots with steel plates on them... not sure I can sneak up on anyone'' Helene replied casually, before retrieving herself a plate as well, and beginning to rummage through a cupboard
''You not want anything to go with that roll?''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
"I... Well you made me jump," Nat said accusingly, then looked blankly at his plate. "I... What? I'm not hungry, I... I don't know."
''Then why the roll?'' Helene asked casually, before producing something from the cupboard that looked like chocolate and throwing some of it to Nat
''Your mum's just worried about you, ya know? It's what she does'' she said, straightening up and leaning against one of the worktops ''Not because you're younger than us or whatever, but because she doesn't want to see you get hurt. It's admirable you want to come with us, and.. well I ain't gonna be the one to stop, that's between you and ya mum, but... look, all of us going are experienced fighters. And I mean, really experienced. I'm not taking anything away from your abilities, don't get me wrong, but... honestly, you're the only one that wants to go down there, and that in itself should be worrying/ The rest of us... we don't have a choice. If any of us want to leave, we have to go in, but.. you do have that choice''

She paused
''As I said, I'm not gonna try and convince you one way or the other, same for your mum, but I won't let you make that choice uneducated''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
"I... I don't know," Nat said, then almost fumbled the catch. He looked blankly at the chocolate, but then ate a bit before putting it down on the side, shaking his head.

"It's not... I know she's worried about me, but I'm not a child, and I don't... It's not that I want to go out there and... And face whatever the hell is out there, I haven't forgotten when you found me," he said, then kicked viciously at a sack of potato peelings. "I don't want to be trapped here either, and if you really need everyone you can get, then... Then I can fight. I'm not experienced, but I won't be alone and..." His voice cracked slightly. "My mum shouldn't be going... She's hurt, she needs to recover, not... Not go traipsing down into some hole in the ground, she... She'll... She shouldn't go."
''So... there's the issue at heart. It's about your mum. You don't wanna see her get her again'' Helene replied ''And understandably so. None of us want that, believe me. Maybe you should tell her that though. Convince her to stay here with you''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
"No, I don't want to see her die," Nat snapped, hoof striking the floor loudly. "I understand that she gets hurt, I understand she has to take risks, that she can't just sit around at home all day, but... But she shouldn't be going out, not when it's so dangerous, not when she's already hurt. But you heard her, she won't stay... And you need the numbers. You can't afford for both of us to stay here, even if she would."
''You can't afford to lose her either'' Helene replied, not even slightly reacting to Nat stamping on the ground, though she sighed
''Look, perhaps I wasn't the best person to talk to you about this... cause... I'm just making it worse''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
The inclination to stamp seemed to be something that went with hooves, because while it was considered impolite in formal situations, it was an extremely common action among distressed satyrs.

"I... No," Nat said, losing a little of his impetus, as Helene gave him very little to bounce off of. "She shouldn't go... Of course I don't want to lose her, she's... She's my mum. I already don't see her enough without... Without actually..." He paused, swallowing hard. "Losing her."
''Then go tell her that'' Helene replied ;''Say to her what you said to me. It is true we need everyone we can get, but I can't in all good conscience risk your mothers life for this. If you can convince her to stay, do so. I doubt anyone else her could''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
"But she won't let me go in her place," Nat said,sitting on the edge of a worktop, his shoulders sagging. "But if... If both of us stay, what if there aren't enough of you and... And none of you come back? We'l be trapped and... And we'll die anyway."
''Everyone possible isn't the same as everyone. Besides, no matter what, at least 2 of us will return. I know I'm not exactly comforting here, but, it's the truth. I'm better at that''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
Nat was quiet for several seconds, looking down at the floor miserably.

"I wish I'd never come here," he murmured. "I wish I was at home."
''We all do. And if we wanna get back, then... well, you know what''' Helene replied ''But seriously, talk to your mum. I suspect you two can reach some sort of agreement on this''

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff