Welcome to Gaia! ::

''Agreed. Whatever... whatever that place is, we'll need to deal with it, but not now, not just us.''

Simone handed the torch to Morgaine, before picking up the body from the doorway, and carefully getting back to her feet.
''I don't suppose you know any magic to seal doors do you? We don't want something following us''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
Morgaine took the torch, scythe returned to her back, and shifted uneasily on the spot.

"Indeed," she murmured, shutting the remains of the door and piling up the debris. "I... Magic? No. I know a small handful of old rituals, but nothing like that, I... Our best bet is just to barricade this one. We'll post a guard and... And it'll be fine. We can crack open one of the other doors and... And hopefully, there'll be nothing like that behind them."
Simone shook her head. ''I don't feel comfortable leaving someone down here on guard duty. Whatever happened took out at least one trained guardsman, leaving someone down here is as good as killing them ourselves.''

She started heading to the door out and back to the others, struggling a little under the weight on the body in her arms.

She was silent for a moment as she walked.

''I think we need to leave this place. We're not equipped to deal with this.'' Her voice was wavering slightly. ''I don't want to leave anyone down there... but I... we can't risk any of us being lost there either.''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
"I wasn't thinking leaving somebody down here, not alone," Morgaine said softly, following Simone much more quietly now that she was no longer panicking. "Just... We can't all sleep at once. One of us will stay awake, keep watch, and if we hear anything... Well, we'll get out of here as fast as possible."

She opened her mouth to offer to help carry the body, but then thought better of it and instead bit her lip, sighing.

"We can go back above ground to eat and rest, if you want," she said. "We can put rubble on top of the trap door, seal it off. We'll find a... A normal way across the city."
''That would be... safer, at least. I'm not keen on staying in this place.''

The pair reached the beginning of the sloping passage, and SImone started up, and found it quite hard goiing owing to how steep it was.
''s**t'' she muttered under her breath as she clambered up the slope.

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
"We'll move up above ground then," Morgaine said, her hooves gripping easily again on the slope. She hesitated again a moment, but then stepped behind Simone and put a hand on her lower back, steadying her so that she wouldn't slip back down the steep slope.
Simone didn't say anything, but appreciated the help.

The pair reached the door and exited the tunnel out into the room with the others, Simone only slightly out of breath as she carefully laid the body down before covering him with a blanket.

''Thank goodness you two are back'' Kara said, relief evident in her voice as she got to her feet.''What did-''
She paused and fell silent when she saw the body and the obviously flustered captain.

Kara looked over to Morgaine, and saw a small mark from the blood still on her face.
''Are you hurt?''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
"I'm fine," Morgaine said, moving to shield Simone from view slightly. "We're not taking that route, we... Is everyone alright to move back above ground? We don't need to leave the building, but we do need to be on the other side of that trap door."

Colton had gotten to his feet too and on seeing the body, he paled and retreated back into his corner.

"What... Wh-what happened down there?" he asked, voice small and shaking. "Th-they're all dead, aren't they?"
''I... I don't know'' replied Simone quietly, still kneeling next to the fallen soldier. ''We can't go after them though. At least... not right now.''

''Captain, I...'' started Kara before stopping and letting out a small sigh.''We'll head up top, try and find another route then.''
She stooped and picked up her bag, along with beef she was prepaing. ''We can get a better fire going up there too.''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
"Colton, why don't you take the pot and those vegetables up?" Wolfgang said quietly, gathering up a portion of his own things and shouldering his bag carefully again. Colton swallowed hard, staring past Morgaine at the body, but then shook himself and nodded, doing as he was told.

"We'll figure things out and move on properly in the morning," Morgaine said, waiting for the three to start moving back up towards the trapdoor before turning to Simone. "I... Do you want a hand, lifting him up through the door?"
Simone simply nodded without saying anything before getting to her feet and beginning to lift the body with Morgaine's help.
The pair managed to get the body up the ladder with minimal fuss while Kara kept Colton distracted by having him help her arrange an area for the group to sleep.

As the others set up a camp for the night and prepared some food, Morgaine and Simone built a small pyre for the solider outside. It was growing dark and drizzling lightly by the time they were done.
Simone lit the pyre and stood silently watching as it burned,despite the rain.
Kara appeared by her side after a short time to bring her some warm food, which she took gratefully.

''Where's the sorceress?'' Simone said quietly to Kara.

''She left,not long after I returned here earlier. She... took the horse.''

Simone sighed, before turning and leading Kara back inside.
''We're best off without her I guess.''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
Morgaine said very little, but stuck by Simone, offering quiet support.

"I suppose with the sorceress gone, at least I don't need to worry about her catching me with a fireball by 'mistake'," she said softly as they walked back indoors.

Inside, Colton was sitting and plucking away softly at his lute, sitting cross-legged again beside the fire around which the new camp had been set up. Wolfgang had managed to assemble quite a good dinner for them all, and he was just finishing his bowl, while Kemp sat and gnawed at a piece of mutton bone that his master had produced from his pack.

"Take a seat," he said, gesturing to the surprisingly comfortable space that had sprung up. "There's enough bowls for all of us, so there's a portion for everybody, but then do help yourselves to what's left in the pot."
Simone sat down and took a bowl and helped herself to some more food, thanking Wolfgang as she did so.

''So what now?'' Kara asked, sitting down next to Kemp. '' Should we still head for the gates?''

''Yeah...'' Simone answered. ''We need to keep moving, get out of here and find help. Mogaine, Colton. You two know the trade quarter well. Any suggestions?''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
Morgaine sat down, folding her legs carefully beneath herself, and took her bowl to eat.

"I... With it so burned, it is more difficult," she said quietly. "But it seems that it's very quiet. Perhaps the fires, to a point, did their job. It is much changed, covered in ash and rubble, but I should still be able to lead through to the gates. The only issue is whether or not the bridge still stands."

"It was burning," Colton said meekly. "There were people trying to put it out, to stop the fire taking it, but I don't know how much of it survived. There was so much screaming and the smoke... It was everywhere..."
''That doesn't sound promising'' Kara said. ''Is there any other way out if we can't use the bridge?''

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff