Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lady Omen's Bestie

Dapper Gekko

User Image
ƘλƐʃ ÐƦλɱɱʘɳÐ

Companion: Lily

►►As soon as the phone was deposited into his hand, he smiled and nodded to her request of telling Kael where she was going to be in case if he showed up while she was gone, "Sounds good!" Luke watched her go to her car, and although it wasn't far, it helped him keep an eye on how long he had to send the message he intended.

With swift fingers, Luke unlocked the phone and brought up her messages with Kael. He saw mild chatter and read a small text from Lily to Kael saying that Julie was more than happy to have him tag along. Luke was got his clue and quickly typed up a message to Kael in the guise of Lily. He saw her lock her car, and just a quickly, deleted the text he had sent from her end before texting his mom's number, in case Lily should look back again. Luke locked the phone and set it next to him just as Lily returned, "Thanks so much! She would've had my skin if I didn't tell her." Luke wasn't lying about that; his mom always wanted to know where he was, who he was with and what he was doing just about twenty four hours of the day. It was easy to use Kael as the excuse as she normally didn't care so long as his name was involved in some way.

Just at that moment he spotted Kael's beanie, black, though it contrasted wonderfully against his dirty blonde hair, "Here he comes." Luke said with a small drip of sarcasm, mostly in a teasing way, as he pointed out his friend's tall frame to Lily.

Kael had an ear bud in one ear, Avenged Sevenfold screaming in his ear, and Kael with the ability to keep up with every second of it. He loved his ability to scream and not lose his voice, often pairing himself with Lily as she covered the smoother lyrics of the songs, while he took the heavier stuff. His face held a tired expression, though there was a small hint of confusion and hurt in his eye. A vibration that was put to Lily's number had stopped him at his locker and the message was less than friendly. He tried to ignore it, but the statement was too bold for him to hide it completely.

Quickly Kael caught sight of Lily, and at that moment he decided to ignore the text he had received. Walking up with his usual confidence, Kael set his back pack upon the green electrical box beside Luke, to which he said hello before turning to Lily, "Everything alright?" he asked with concern in his voice. She seemed fine, but she could just be hiding something due to the fact she was in public. Kael had to be sure.
                                              ◄◄
User Image gaia_nitemareleft Lily Shinobi gaia_nitemareright

Lily grabbed her phone back up, checking to see if she had any messages, but there was nothing. She figured Kael would have let her know when he would be headed this way, but nothing. Hmm. She didn't let it bother her for too long since Luke mentioned that he was drawing close and she smiled when she saw him. However, the smile faltered a bit when she saw the look on his face. He had been so happy go lucky when they were in English together. Had something happened in his last class?

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you okay?" She asked, focused solely on him something she often did when it was the two of them. He was her world after all and she didn't like to see him down and out.

Her phone vibrated and she looked down to see that it was Julie texting her. "She's going to be late, so she said we could stop by the house and get her card and charge it instead of waiting for her if you want."

Lady Omen's Bestie

Dapper Gekko

User Image
ƘλƐʃ ÐƦλɱɱʘɳÐ

►►Kael shook his head and took in a deep breath, changing his mood back to the content state he was in before, "Yeah. I'm just tired. It's been a long day." he admitted, knowing it to be true. His hand dove into his pocket to retrieve his ipod. Once it was in his hand, he navigated the circle pad till he found Scream by Avenged Sevenfold. The familiar beat was blaring in ear, his head nodding with the beat of the drum. Lily's voice brought him back to the present. Julie was going to be late, "Sure, if you'd rather do that. I'm all yours for the evening; Mom wants me home tonight though. She misses me." Kael smiled at the thought of his mom missing him; it made him feel wanted.

After hearing Lily's decision Kael looked over at Luke and nodded his head toward him in a goodbye, to which he received a wave and a smile. Kael snaked an arm around Lily's waist and walked with her to her car. He waited until he heard the doors unlock before climbing in, throwing his backpack over his shoulder and to the backseat. Kael didn't say much on the ride to her aunt's house. His answers were simple, but not out of an odd mood or to indicate that something was wrong. Rather, it was the opposite; Kael was content, despite the text he had received and he made sure none of his emotions regarding it didn't show.
                                              [sorry it ain't much. itll be better when they get to the store.]
                                              ◄◄

Lily didn't think anymore on how Kael was acting when he first approached her upon when he asked if she was okay. She just shook it off assuming he was just making sure after being back for a day that she was okay.. There was nothing out of the ordinary about something like that...

While she drove to her house, she had hooked her iPod up in the car and was just letting it play through the songs, talking to him as they went. She just touched base about what had happened her first day back, who she had saw, the basics. Indeed when she pulled up in her aunt's driveway, neither car was home so she excused herself and headed into the house since she knew where the card would be. It was laying on the kitchen counter just in the off chance her aunt would be late.

"Let's do this!"
Lily laughed as she climbed back into the car and put it in reverse before heading on for the local hardware store, going for the paint first. Luckily the store where she would get her decorations and such was just a few blocks away. It was like old times when she was first allowed free reign to decorate her old room before she and her parents moved. Even then she had brought Kael along to help her.

Lady Omen's Bestie

Dapper Gekko

User Image
ƘλƐʃ ÐƦλɱɱʘɳÐ

►►The shopping had gone relatively painless for the couple. Lily picked out her colors for her room, black and a complimentary, and Kael and Lily were both on their way back to the furniture store to pick out other decorations she wanted to furnish the room with.

Kael refused to bring up the text he had received earlier, as it seemed to be a complete contradiction to how things were now with Lily, but after going so long without saying a thing, he only felt the annoyance grow in him. His mind was torn from the topic at hand, which seemed to be which mirror would be better for Lily's room. He neglected answering her question of his preference and responded with a question instead, "Lily, why did you send me that text earlier?" he asked. The expression on her face told him that she had no idea what he was talking about, which only confused him even more, "You told me you didn't want me to come, but then acted like nothing was ever said. Why?" The contradiction of the text, which he thankfully still had on his phone, to the current situation was nagging him way too much; probably more than it should.

He didn't wait and hastily thrust his hand into his pocket, withdrawing his phone and brought up the text in question. It read:
                                              DATE: 3/14/15

Hey, so I thought about it, and I'd really rather you not come with me. It'd just be a drag if you did.

Kael's expression was no longer hiding his confused and frustrated feelings toward this. It didn't seem right for Lily, but the words still seemed to hit him harder than a slap across the face. He pocketed his phone after Lily had the chance to read it and stood waiting for an explanation. He really hoped she wouldn't try and come up with an excuse. To him, that'd be even worse.
                                              ◄◄

Lily stood there looking confused when he brought up a text and it was evident in her eyes. She was about to ask which text, trying to think back to one she might have sent that would have been confusing for him. Not a single one came to mind as she then took his phone and read over it before he took it back. "What the hell Kael? I never sent that. Look."

It was her turn to fish for her phone and she pulled it out, handing her phone to him when she pulled up the last texts that had been sent on her end. Not one of them read what his had said. It didn't make sense to her as she looked up to him. "You should know better than me saying something like that. I want you around. I always want you around. Like you told me, I don't want to lose you again." It hurt her that he would accuse her of such a thing, but she held her ground as she kept her gaze locked with his own.

Lady Omen's Bestie

Dapper Gekko

User Image
ƘλƐʃ ÐƦλɱɱʘɳÐ

►►He couldn't believe what Lily said. How was it that he had a text, yet she had no recollection of sending it, nor one on her end that proved it. He couldn't have made the text on his end, it would've shown that. So how did this happen?

"So how did I get this with your name on it? Kael asked. His confusion was turning to anger. It wasn't so much anger at Lily but at the situation, though her lack of explanation was really getting on his nerves. Kael took a step back from Lily and gave her a hard look. He was trying to see what was going on with this situation. Something was going on, and it seemed that neither of them knew what was what started it.

Something about the distance that had now occurred between him and Lily was making this whole deal worse. Kael sighed with a frustrated air before shoving his hands into his pockets, "I'mma go. I'll see you tomorrow." His voice was distant, though he really couldn't care less at this point. Without saying another word, Kael turned on his heel and left the store.
                                              [sorry this ain't much. really wasn't sure where I was gonna take this.]
                                              ◄◄

"Kael..." Lily looked dumbfounded as she just stood there and watched him go. She couldn't believe he would accuse her of something like that and then not listen to her when she tried to explain herself. Sure, it was confusing to her, but he just walked off without even really giving her a chance to talk to him. What was wrong with him? She watched him go and felt like someone had ripped her heart out, but she was able to blink back the tears.

Instead of putting everything away, she just gathered the rest of what she needed and paid for it. There was no reason to make her aunt worry that something was wrong if she showed up empty handed. Sure, she knew they would be asking where he was, but she was able to make up something for that. Maybe it was something best for them to get some distance...yet why did she feel like she was losing her best friend again?

She returned home and went to work on the bedroom, her head and heart just not into it. She was going to text him, but decided not to since he didn't seem to want to talk to her before and she shut her phone off. It wasn't until the next morning she turned it on and went to school. Fellow students tried to stop her and talk to her, but she didn't have much to say as she went to switch things out of her locker.

Lady Omen's Bestie

Dapper Gekko

User Image
ƘλƐʃ ÐƦλɱɱʘɳÐ

Companion: No one / Luke

►►Kael didn't stop nor did he look back as he left the hardware store. Something wasn't adding up; he had received this text from Lily. It had her bloody name on it! Yet she claims she never sent it. If that was the case, how the hell did he get this text? There was something that wasn't adding up in this whole entire mess and Kael was becoming even more angry the longer that this drug on. He didn't want to automatically assume that Lily was withholding information from him, but he had nothing else to go off of? Who else would've sent that text?

The walk was short; he was only a few blocks away from his house. When it came into view, Kael realized that his step father wasn't going to be happy that he had been gone for the weekend without clearing it with him. He had talked to his mother who didn't care, but John seemed to think differently. He took a breath and walked up the pathway before entering the house, "Where the hell have you been?!" came bursting out as he opened the wooden front door. Kael sighed and closed it behind him, relinquishing himself to the wraith of John.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning came quickly for Kael. He was up and dressed by the time John was headed out the door for work. The cutter looked up from the table as he watched the man kiss his mother and walk out the door, "I don't like that man." he spoke coldly to his mother, who know that things weren't good between them. "I know darling, but he's helped us. Please, try and make peace." Kael's mother looked longingly at her boy, who crossed the room and hugged her. He promised he would try before heading out the door and toward the school.

As soon as he arrived, Kael met up with Luke, who had talked him throughout the night. Luke knew full well how depressed Kael was, but he didn't know of his cutting, "How are you?" Kael asked. Luke gave a shrug and patted his companion on the back in a reassuring manner. They walked into the building and to Kael's locker, which was two rows down from Lily's. He didn't look up, not even realizing that she was there so early before class. Kael was in a haze after the fight he had last night, and right now, Luke was the only one he wanted to be around. Luke had never turned his back on him before, so why would Kael not trust him now?
                                              ◄◄

It had been a rough night for Lily not getting to talk to Kael. Honestly it made her feel like she was back with her parents and had been cut off from him. Was this his way of taking it out on her for not being there for him? She still felt terrible for every minute of that, but it seemed he was avoiding her entirely. It was even then that she looked down the hallway of the school and laid eyes on Kael, but there was Luke with him. She narrowed her eyes on Luke, something about him, but turned and headed for class. If she was going to talk to Kael, she didn't want anyone around.

She sat in her first two classes, not even bothering to take notes as she looked to her phone. After much debate, she sent Kael a message and asked him to meet her during lunch in their spot at the school. She just hoped that he hadn't let anyone else in on where they would sneak off to whenever they decided to get a break from their classes. Once the clock struck twelve she was there waiting for him, hoping that he would show up. Her hands were shaking as she sat with her legs crossed, her back against the wall behind her.

Lady Omen's Bestie

Dapper Gekko

User Image
ƘλƐʃ ÐƦλɱɱʘɳÐ

Companion: Luke / Lily

►►Luke glanced over his shoulder as he walked with Kael toward his friend's class. He kept a hand on Kael's back, keeping him facing front so that he couldn't turn around and see Lily. As he looked back, Luke returned the look that Lily shot him, but left it at that before turning the corner with his best friend.

"Thank you." Kael said simply to Luke, though the statement held much more than a simple thanks. "Hey, no worries man. I always got'chur back." Luke smiled, glad he had his friend back in his grasp. Ever since Lily arrived back in town, ever since that day at the coffee shop, Luke had hardly gotten a word from Kael. Before Lily left, they were all best friends, they were a trio and equally included. It seemed that the girl had changed and tried to take Kael with her. Luke was determined to keep that from happening, "Do you want me to hold onto your phone? Then you won't be bothered by John." Luke offered. Kael thought about it, but before he could fish his phone from his pocket, the bell rang and he had to go, "I'll keep it for now. If it's a problem, I'll hand it over." Luke nodded and left, Kael turned into his first class of the day and took his seat.

First and second period went by quickly for Kael. He wished it had dragged on, but by now it was nearly lunch time. The vibration set for John continued to go off during first, but Kael ignored it. He took a peak at the screen and saw it was a list John wanted from the store. Kael replied back that he would go, but told him he's in school and can't text. After he hit SEND, he was about to pocket the phone, but received another, this time from Lily. She wanted to meet up at their spot. Kael hadn't thought about what happened between them since he got home last night. Things had changed so quickly, he hadn't had time to dwell on the mystery text. He sighed and replied 'Ok.', hit SEND once more, then turned off his phone for the remainder of the time.

The bell signaled it was time to eat and Kael gathered up his things quickly before leaving the class. He took a quick pit stop at his locker and deposited the textbooks he was finished with for the day, gathering those he needed, then started toward where Lily was. It took him all but five minutes to arrive, finding her there leaning against the wall, "What's up?" he asked as he approached her, dropping his backpack at his feet but remained standing. It felt good to stretch his legs after sitting for three hours straight.
                                              ◄◄

It had felt like an eternity since you sent the message to Kael, beginning to wonder if he would even show up. Something was going on and she wanted to find out what it was before things got worse. She didn't want to end up losing her best friend a second time even though the first time around was all on her. The poor girl had been blinded to what her parents were doing and now she felt this was all a cruel trick to get back at her. If she lost Kael again, what would she do? Her hands were shaking lightly as they remained in her lap, trying to remain calm.

However, when she heard approaching footsteps along with a door opening, she looked up. Never before had she been so nervous to see Kael and she hated that feeling. She wanted things to be back to the way they were. Deep down she knew whatever was going on wasn't her fault, something about all of this had Luke wrote all over it, but she couldn't just come out and tell Kael his friend was sabotaging them. Not until she knew for sure.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay and say I'm sorry for yesterday...I still don't know what happened, but I don't want us mad at each other." She looked up to him and it seemed there were shadows under her eyes from the lack of sleep the night before.

(Sorry for the delay. I have been in the ER with my leg but finally home now)

Lady Omen's Bestie

Dapper Gekko

User Image
ƘλƐʃ ÐƦλɱɱʘɳÐ

►►It was obvious as to how tired and worn out Lily was. He could see the bags and dark circles under her eyes, the poor complexion that often followed a person with little sleep. For some reason though, Kael really didn't care too much. It might've been because he had been up all night with Luke, dealing with his own problems. Even now, after half of the day over with, all Kael wanted was to go somewhere with Luke and confess all of his terrible feelings. He felt worthless and like complete s**t, and seeing Lily in the state she was in, with him being the cause, only made all those negative feelings even worse.

Her apology hit home with him. Kael had no idea how to feel. He saw her apologetic expression and knew she meant it, but something still felt off. He got the feeling in the pit of his stomach whenever he was around her, and especially when Luke was with them also, "It's alright. I'm over it now. It's not a big deal." his answer was true, but lacked his usual happy tone. Kael felt dead right now, as if trying to make up with Lily was just too much effort. All the man wanted to do with curl up under a rock and disappear.

Silence seemed to fall between the two after a bit of time. He wasn't sure why. There really just wasn't much to say. After some time of explaining that it really was fine and he figured it was technology being an a**, Kael couldn't let it go for much longer. He could sense Lily's growing hatred for Luke and wanted to know why, "Are you mad a Luke or something? Every time he sees you, he says you're glaring at him." Kael leaned his shoulder against the wall and looked down at Lily. The conflict between the two was getting really old, really fast. So far as he could see, Luke's done nothing to Lily, so her anger isn't warranted. Kael needed an explanation, and a real good one, if this was going to blow over.
                                              [I hope this is okay. I thought I'd have more time before Lily was going to catch on so I had to improvise..no worries on the delay. I'm sorry you got hurt. I hope you're on the mend now though. PM me if you wanna talk or complain. I've had my share of ER visits. they suck >.<]
                                              ◄◄

Lily didn't know what to make of the situation between the two of them, just feeling so lost and confused. She had never had Kael act this way towards her and honestly she hated it. How could she be there for someone when it seemed he just wanted her away from him? That he didn't want her around? It hurt, but she tried to keep the appearance that she was okay, but it was hard to do. She remained where she was sitting, trying to think of something to say but it seemed he beat her to it. "What?" His words knocked her out of her thoughts. "I'm...fine. Kael I don't trust him. I just don't. Ever since I've been back and he's been around, you've been distant with me. This isn't you Kael. You used to open up to me, but now it seems you could care less about me. I'm sorry I left and I'm sorry time got away from me and we couldn't talk like we did, but I don't want to lose you. If this is your way of getting back at me..." She hung her head some, getting to her feet. "I care about you Kael...I just don't know if you feel the same about me as you said you did..." That was some of the hardest things she had ever said before.

She grabbed her bag, putting it over her shoulder as she stepped up to him. "I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say." She leaned up, her lips pressed lightly to his cheek before she began to walk away. Tears stung in her eyes. It honestly felt like he no longer wanted her around. It seemed he had enough going on to be bothered to see her crying.

Lady Omen's Bestie

Dapper Gekko

User Image
ƘλƐʃ ÐƦλɱɱʘɳÐ

►►Kael was completely taken back by Lily's words. He couldn't believe that she thought this was revenge for her leaving, which wasn't her choice, and not talking to him, which was a part of the circumstances. They had gone through this time and time again, and every time he has reassured her that it was fine; yes, he was hurt, but she's back now and it is fine. s**t happens. A glare took over Kael's face. He was beyond pissed that she would go so far. Before Lily could get away, Kael reached out and took hold of her arm, roughly, but not so rough as to leave a bruise, "I can't believe you! You seriously think I'd stoop so low as to do that?! I wouldn't do that to anyone, especially you! Luke was there for me when you left! He was there when I had no one else to turn to, no one to talk to because you were gone. He filled that spot for me, became that solid rock I could depend on. What am I supposed to do? Dump him like he's nothing just because your back? Aren't I allowed to have more than one person I can speak openly with, no matter the subject? God Lily! I've never known you to be so ******** selfish!" Kael dropped his grip on her arm, stooped down and picked up his bag. With more than enough force, he swung the bag onto his shoulder and left before another word could be said.

Kael was blind with rage as he returned to the main halls, causing people to quickly step to the side to avoid being ran over. He could feel the stares on his back, and they were only making his rage even worse. He picked up his pace, turned a corner, then another, and soon enough, climbed two flights of stairs and found himself on the roof. Kael's anger had him breathing as if he had ran a marathon. He allowed his backpack to slide off of his shoulder and land on the floor. With another quick step, he turned and threw a solid punch into the metal rooftop entrance door. He threw another, and another until he felt a solid 'pop!' in his hand. With one more punch, he was finally out of steam. His knuckles were busted and Kael was sure he broke something, but at the moment, he really didn't care. Kael slumped down against the wall and dropped his head into his hands. A good solid ten minutes passed before he finally lifted his head, his anger replaced with something of sorrow. Kael rummaged through a pocket in his pants and took out his pocket knife. With precision and a quickness that would've made the average person miss the action, Kael rolled up one of his black long sleeves and drew the sharp blade over his arm. He did this three times before wiping the blade clean, closing the knife and returning it to his pocket. Kael reached over for his backpack and took out some band-aids, which he half-assed covered the fresh cuts before pulling his sleeve back down. He didn't care about his hand; he'd see the nurse for that.

After Kael was sure he was presentable and much more calm, he withdrew his phone and sent a text to Luke, asking him to meet him at the nurse's office. He got a reply, saying he would, and with that, Kael left to have his hand tended to properly.
                                              ◄◄

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces