Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tala of Darkness

Jin Justice

As the day seemed to be carrying out like normal, she found herself greeted with the face of one of the cemetery boys. He had a kind smile on his face, as he put a little money on the table. "Hey there, I need a coffee, black as metal, please!" he said, with a chipper look on his face. In one of the booths, an old man was coughing, quite frequently. He was a sweet old man who had been going to the cafe for years. Daughtry looked back at him, knowing he was fully ripe, and ready to go.

Invisible Phantom

Dawn gasped as Daughtry stood in front of her, asking for a black coffee. She couldn't run off like she had in the cemetery, and she couldn't tell him to leave. Dawn gulped nervously as she took the money, putting it in the cash register, giving him his change. I swear, this guy must be following me...
She poured him his coffee in a to go cup, complete with a lid and handed it over to him. "Alright, Sir. Um... There you are... Please enjoy the rest of your day..."

TheRook13

Jin Justice
Tala of Darkness

Jin Justice

Daughtry stopped, and looked at her for a moment. "Hey! Your that pretty girl from the cemetery! How are you?" he asked, with a smile. "Hurry it up, there, pretty boy!" one guy called out, behind him. "Take care of yourself," he said before nodding to her and leaving the line. He walked by the old man who was coughing profusely, and he went silent as he ran his hand over his shoulder. He sat at a booth in the corner, and looked out the window, smiling at what a beautiful day it was.

Invisible Phantom

Dawn blushed a bit at the comment from Daughtry. She looked off to the side as she continued to take orders from people. Could this day get any worse? I was hoping to avoid him and his brother! Not get found by them! she thought.

TheRook13

Jin Justice
Tala of Darkness

Jin Justice

After a few minutes, he finished his coffee, and walked up to the counter. "Sorry I can't give more of a tip, than I did. Been a little hard for cash, lately... Have a good day, miss," he said as he waved to her, walking out. On his table in the booth were two pennies laying heads up.The old man had been quiet for a while, too.

Invisible Phantom

Dawn sighed heavily as she walked over to the booth, picking up the pennies. she didn't know what to do with them. She looked over towards the old man that was quiet. She quietly approached him, gently touching his shoulder. "Sir? Is everything alright?" she asked. Before Dawn knew it, the man fell limp onto the floor. Dawn gasped, jumping back a bit. A girl started screaming and a man in the background was shouting for someone to call for help. Dawn stared at the old man, shocked. She knew he was dead. Something had to have happened when Daughtry was here, and she could feel it deep down.

TheRook13

Jin Justice
Tala of Darkness

Jin Justice

Daughtry slipped on some sunglasses, and smiled a little as he heard the commotion. "I'm sure she will figure it out..." he said to himself, referring to the pennies he left her. He started walking down the street, as he smiled at the subtle hints he was leaving behind for her.

Invisible Phantom

Dawn looked down at the pennies in her hands. She could only wonder why he left her two pennies facing up. She gasped. The cemetery. Praying to her parents. Killing the old man without anyone knowing it. Two of them. Two. No one even really recognizing them. Those men were grim reapers. Deaths in their natural forms, killing for a living. From the realization, Dawn collapsed in the cafe.
When she awoke, she found herself in the hospital. Dawn looked around the room. No one was there to greet her. Her head was pounding, and her eyes were trying to adjust to the harsh light.

TheRook13

Jin Justice
Tala of Darkness

Jin Justice

A doctor walked in the room, with a chart in his hand. "Ah, miss Frostbite. I am Dr. Hpward. Now, have you had a history of passing out in high stress events?" he asked, looking at his chart of her medical records. But not much was on them.

Invisible Phantom

"I... Not that I know of. This is honestly the first time I've blacked out, I think," Dawn answered as she sat up in the bed. She rubbed her head, wincing slightly. "Oh gosh... My head..."

TheRook13

Jin Justice

Loyal Gaian

4,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
TheRook13

Tala of Darkness

As he started to walk down the street Samuel came over to him, seemingly out of nowhere, and started to walk with him. "Nice little show with that sweet old man brother, but did you have to leave that girl hints to who we were?" As he asked he had a fresh apple in his hand and was now eating as he looked at him. While he did he looked back to see the girl being taken into a ambulance and then sighed as he did. "Cause it would seem you gave the girl a bit of a scare."
Jin Justice

Tala of Darkness

"She'll be fine! Besides. Maybe if she gets curious enough, she might wonder back our way..." he said as he smiled a little at the thought of her. It was clear he was showing a little interest.
The doctor nodded, and walked over to Dawn. "Yeah, I would expect it to hurt a little. They said you hit the ground pretty good," Howard said as he shined the light in her eyes. "You have a minor concussion. Take a few of these, and you should be well on your way. Just try not to take a nap until it's been six hours, or more," he advised as he stood back up, putting some meds on the table.

Loyal Gaian

4,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
TheRook13

Tala of Darkness

Samuel looked at him when he said that and then shook his head with a smile as he did. "Seems that you like this girl Daughtry..." As he said that he took another bite from his apple before looking back to him. "... all I have to say is watch yourself brother, you are an ever lasting being, and she is a human. It may not end well for the two of you." After he said that he turned to look at a homeless man that was sitting on the ground. He pulled out another apple and gave it to him with a smile. "Here you go." He then got back up and started to walk with Daughtry again. "I will be back for him in a week or so."

Invisible Phantom

Dawn looked at the medicine and nodded. "Yes.. Thank you very much, Doctor." she said. She gulped down the medicine that was handed to her, along with a bit of water and crawled out of the hospital bed, rubbing her head sorely. She wanted to get home and rest a little.
As she made her way out of the hospital, Dawn shoved her hands into her pockets. She felt the pennies clinking against each other. She gasped and pulled them out, throwing them in a random direction. First thing was first, Dawn had to change out of her work uniform and then probably try to make it to her class.

TheRook13

Jin Justice
Tala of Darkness

Jin Justice

"Relax, Sammy! I know how it ends. Just gets kind of lonely, especially since my only company is a man. Reapers have needs, too. You know?" Daughtry smiled to Samuel, and looked back ahead of them both. "I wonder what she is doing, right now..." he said as he smiled to himself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff