Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Explorer

User ImagexxUser Image

xAndy Gibson Nordby
              ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ [Iicolor=olive]▇▇
              ▇▇

With: [group]
                              Health: [Good]

"Cant overwhelm yourself, work and school arent as important as everyone makes them out to be" he replied with a puff of his cig. Though he was one to talk, hed been putting work before anything else as of late. Hardly ever had a day off and stressed himself out everyday over it.one of the reasons he was glad Mike called him out here, gave him an excuse to force himself away frome his cubical.

Andy took another large sip of his beer before replying again "Yeah well things are slow, im lazy, and they dont like me." Andy said rubbing his brow. "Theyre a bunch of assholes anyway" he wasnt one to kiss up to those in higher positions. That didnt mean he was at the bottom of the ring though, hed climbed up to a few higher positions in his area but they ddint mean too much. Sure he could boss people around but there were still several departments and other higher up positions that could boss him around just as much. "Listen, to give you some advice, everyone in a coperate or buisness environment are assholes, I know youre very determined and will do anything to do well but Im sure youll be surrounded by employees like them at that newspaper buisness, probably more than i have to deal with. Just dont let 'm push you around. Knock'm to the dirt if you have to." Andy said tapping her can with his own before taking another drink. As much as he had mixed feelings about seeing her again and at the thought of her coming back he didnt want to see her become prety much a zombie like him

[Out Of Cake:[ my replies might be a bit slow. On my phone/working on homework xD ]
                              blackflame09

Dangerous Bloodsucker

6,975 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
Nichole A. Write

═════════

Nikki let him had his words. Once their cans were tap though and after she took a sip she shook her head. "It wasn't college or work that was hard for me. You know me, if I set my mind to it, it gets down. I just...I had a few other problems at the time that had me barely pulling through." She took another swig before looking at him with a small smile. "You shouldn't smoke so much. You'll run out before you think."

Rebecca's giggle was a conversation freeze and Nikkie looked at the two. Mike was whispering and Becca nodded holding his hand and heading towards the tent. "Seriously you two. Can't that wait." Mike tipsy stuck out his tongue before the two disappeared into the tent.

Totally not what she needed, rubbing her face Nikki chuckled. "They haven't changed at all." The fire popped from the heat and the music drowned out the woodland creatures.

═════════

Occ: You're fine. I usually post from my phone anyway. You have the app or just using web?
With: Group

Gilraen Meneldur

Bashful Explorer

User ImagexxUser Image

xAndy Gibson Nordby
              ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ [Iicolor=olive]▇▇
              ▇▇

Andy furrowed his brows in annoyance as he lowered his can from his lips "Crist you're gonna be on me about that the entire trip arent you?" He asked looking at her. "Ill smoke as much as I want" he said in an annoyed but slightly humerous impressionistic voice. Trying to ignore her Andy flicked the ash off the end of his cig before inhaling another round of smoke as he turned his attention to the woods. Listening to the popping of the fire and music around them. Andy looked back at Nikki after a moment and exhailed with a groan, he then flicked what was left of his cigarette into the fire. "But just for you, last one for the night" he said

Andy turned his head to Mike and Rebecca figures he thought rolling his eyes "least it wont last long." He said through his beer can. Though he had to admit he wasnt surprised at seeing this at all though he was a bit more annoyed now knowing he would most likely have to share Nikkis small tent even though Mike promised he wouldnt. Andy sighed again still hearing the two of them giggling. "Yeah, I dont think any of us have really, you sure havent..."

[Out Of Cake:[ oh okay, web using my campus wifi]
                              blackflame09

Dangerous Bloodsucker

6,975 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
Nichole A. Write

═════════

Nikki looked at him and groaned slightly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to nag. I just don't want you to run out as soon as we hit the hightops and you be an a** like you're known to be and I don't smoke so you can't bum off of me." She reached up and tucked orange hair behind her ear. "You'll be surprised how much I've changed." She was still flitching from it all and hasn't trusted being with another guy since.

Take the last drink of her second can, she stood and moved towards the cooler. Retrieving two cans, she moved to sit next to him again handing him one of the cans. "For when you finish that one." Cracking the top, it dawned on her that this is the most she's drank in a long time. It was mostly from nerves, being around Andy, Mike bringing up Sam and the idea of seeing everyone more after four years. She should slow down being a light weigth.

═════════

Occ: Campus WiFi...I never went to college. I'm sitting in my works parking lot, I got off two and half hours ago and my friend is still inside working. Gah!

Gilraen Meneldur

Bashful Explorer

User ImagexxUser Image

xAndy Gibson Nordby
              ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇

Andy simply nodded along with her statement as she spoke, he did get a little snippy at times when he didn't have smokes. He was slightly hoping the mountain would have some sort of small town along the way that they could stock up on supplies though he knew they would be a long way away, possibly a couple of days from what he heard Mike saying when they talked before. He swallowed glancing at her, he was happy she didn't end up taking his comment the wrong way. Though he tone in her response felt odd "Really.." he mumbled to himself.

He watched as Nikki suddenly got up and moved over to the cooler grabbing more beer. She was drinking more than the amount she usually stuck to he could already tell it was taking an effect on her, him as well. "On it!" He responded suddenly chugging the rest of his can, he coughed a bit on the last gulp "Hand it over" he said holding out his hand to grab the beer. He found it a bit sad that alcohol was the only reason they were having an easier time talking to each other right now, it was hard to say if they had seen each other more often over the years if it would be any different. Would he have tried to become good friends again? When she left for college and they broke off for good he hadn't even bothered to call her, he kept her out of his mind completely till there was nothing left, or at least he thought. It wasn't like he didn't care for her anymore.

"Speaking of running out we better not drink all of these they'll have a fit..." He trailed off laughing a bit as he glanced at his can after he opened it "Ah ******** it Mike doesn't need any anyway, they left the early so more for us" He said downing some of his new beer while tossing his empty one at Mike and Rebecca's tent.

[Out Of Cake:[ aw man well I hope you get home safely and dont have to sit there too long. ]
                              blackflame09

Dangerous Bloodsucker

6,975 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
Nichole A. Write

═════════

Nikki laughed watching the can hit the tent and rolled to the ground. From inside there was a small noise which only made her chuckled more. "Well this is my last one anyway, I still don't drink too much." Once she had drank too much once in it hurt her worse then before. She drank the thought away with another swallow, her senses were already started to go on her. The last thing she need was to drink to much and do something she would regret the rest of the tip. "So did either of them tell you I was coming along on this trip or was it a surprised too?"

Becca had a funny twisted mind at time. Everytime Nikki did get a chance to call or message, her friend would add a small hint here and there that Andy was still this or that or single. "You know, I'm sorry that I never got around to call you the last four years like I did Becca. The number I have for you isn't in service any more." No, she had called him several times one night, the same number hoping praying it would come of service. A night Becca and Mike had their phones offon a vacation and Nikki needed to talk to an old friend, needed help.

═════════

Occ: Yeah well I'm home safely and thisns the last post for the night. May not be on much this weekend but I'll try.

Gilraen Meneldur

Bashful Explorer

User ImagexxUser Image

xAndy Gibson Nordby
              ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇

Health: [Good - getting drunk.]

Andy smiled at the noise from in the tent. "Yeah I remember you're a lightweight" He said though he was getting there as well even if he could drink more than her. "More for me" He said lifting his glass in approval.

"No they didn't tell me anything, sneaky bastards" Andy replied as he adjusted to another wave of the effects of the alcohol run through his system. The whole set up was something he was still annoyed about. If you're planning a trip its good to know who all is coming on it. Maybe they were worried he'd flat out say 'no' if he knew Nikki would be there, which me might have. Mike knew he didn't like him bringing her up in conversation so he wasn't going to tell him that she would be coming. Andy only had to find out when he pulled up to the house and saw her standing there with the group.

"I wouldn't have gotten it anyway, missed calls all the time" He lied as he took another chug of his beer. He did remember seeing her number one night on his phone, maybe even several nights, he knew it was her but he let it ring to voice mail because he couldn't make up his mind on weather or not to pick it up, say hello. He never returned the call either, even when he heard she got a new number. "But I guess we can try and talk now and then, you know considering you'll be around more" He added with a swayed shrug

Andy took another sip of his beer before getting up and moving over to the radio he twisted at the dial more trying to get something other than country "Come on baby" he mumbled to himself as the radio squeaked and cried as it skipped through the fuzzy patches of stations. Frustrated that all he picked up was the same station he set the radio back down and got back to his feet. Andy turned around and looked back at Nikki, he stared at her almost mesmerized for a moment with the light of the fire shining on her features. She said she'd changed but at least as far as appearance went she was still the same as he remembered. He'd be lying through his teeth if he said he didn't think she was beautiful still. Andy averted his eyes returning his attention to his beer taking another sip. He swished the liquid around realizing he'd almost finished this can as well.

[Out Of Cake:[ That's good. Yeah me too. Speaking of being drunk, watched my one classmate get a bit drunk at our studio the other night. He got pretty funny xD started off as one of those people who will have a serious emotional talk with you but can be harsh since they don't have a filter, but then later started running around knocking things over, constantly laughing(he has a very loud high pitched contagious laugh), making weird noises and singing. ]
                              blackflame09

Dangerous Bloodsucker

6,975 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
Nichole A. Write

═════════

If Nikki know he was going to be on the trip she wouldn't of went. "Well maybe once we start talking more I can get a working number. I got Mike and Rebecca's so just in case." She took a swig watching him stand and shook her head. "Be surprised we get that station Andy. Up here we probably won't get anything but country or church junk." Hiding her staring a him by taking a long swig, she couldn't help but notice he hasn't changed hardly at all. He still looked the same from when she last seen him member a little more older but the same.

The can emptied, making her crush it and slide it with the other two she drank. She glanced back at the tent that the couple was in. "Looks like we are to share a tent." She picked up a can chuckling it at Mike's tent. Becca promised this wouldn't happen. Nikki still had nightmares at times and now wasn't the time for any of them to fine out.

═════════

Occ: That is funny. I'm more of a get drunk and I wan to find a place to sleep or get sick. I don't drink that much since everyone I know if the loud fun drunks and I'm not or I get sick. My dad's allergic to alcohol so I just hope I ain't.

Gilraen Meneldur

Bashful Explorer

User ImagexxUser Image

xAndy Gibson Nordby
              ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇

Health: [Good - getting drunk.]

"I don't know how people listen to that stuff. Guess I could stand some blues for a while but everything else..." He trailed off shaking his head "Though I guess its better than nothing, which seems to be what someone would be reduced to out here" He said but it seemed more likely they'd run into a bear than a person especially the further into the mountain area they got. Though he didn't doubt that there were small cottages and shacks scattered about for miles, people who wanted to be left alone.

Andy sat back down next to her momentarily forgetting the large distance he'd kept between them only moments ago. Trying to remain polite and keep a conversation going but not getting to close. Yet part of him did want to be near her, that was the problem. He wasn't thinking clearly, he turned his head toward her almost lost in thought as he stared at her. Nikki's comment about the tent was the only thing that made him realize he'd sat down only inches from her side. His eyes shifted as he brought his beer to his lips again "Looks like it..." He responded.

He didn't know why he had such a problem with this. They were still friends, though friends that hadn't spoken in four years. And they hadn't exactly broken it off in the best of ways. He didn't have feelings for her, he knew this, but part of him wanted to be close to her, it was only the alcohol clouding his thoughts he told himself. Maybe I should just sleep outside.. he thought as he crushed his own can

[Out Of Cake:[ Aw man that sucks, I don't drink, never have. ]
                              blackflame09

Dangerous Bloodsucker

6,975 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
Nichole A. Write

═════════

Nikki felt the heat more off of his body then from the fire. The beer in her system kept bringing up the past between them, the good more then the bad. But she had to remind herself of the bad too. She didn't even know why half their fights started, it was the time he was quoting smoking and was getting him to stop or trying to. That was a big issue that caused fights. The sound of his can crushing she glanced at him. "I'm going to change quickly then I come out and you can."

She stood all to quickly. Holding her head and his shoulder for support, she hook her head slightly and move to the small tent. It could fit two people comfortably but just very closely, two girls comfortably, not two men. She zipped the flap back up once inside. The ear scar was on of several on her back. Random spiral making from the ex coursed her back in spots. She could wear tanks and spaghetti strapped shirts. Exiting the tent now in a T-shirt and pair of shorts, Nikki rubbed her arms and gave him the green light for his turn.

═════════

Occ:

Gilraen Meneldur

Bashful Explorer

User ImagexxUser Image

xAndy Gibson Nordby
              ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇

Health: [Good.]

Andy Nodded as she started to get up. He felt himself stiffen slightly at her sudden touch when she used his shoulder for support, the familiarity of her soft small hands. Seeing her zip the tent shut Andy stayed put for a moment by the fire, staring into the flame. He glanced over at the tent, at the morphed shadows of her moving around inside. Getting to his feet he grabbed a few things from his bag wondered into the woods till he noticed Nikki was done, he then entered the tent himself and changed. Exiting the tent he noticed Nikki rubbing her arms “You cold?” he asked amused considering he thought it was rather pleasant out, though he always liked a bit of a breeze. He’d sleep with a window open in the winter sometimes.

He looked back through the flap of the tent; it really was small, course Mike and Rebecca had to go in the bigger tent. Andy scratched his head “Welp, guess we should get some sleep” He said looking back at her before going through the tent opening. He dropped his pillow in the corner and set his sleeping bag on the tent floor. As he untied the strings holding it together he was still thinking to himself that it would be better to sleep outside, but he unrolled the sleeping bag and plopped himself on top crashing back into his pillow. Andy scratched his head as he lay on his back already yawning as he closed his eyes to attempt to sleep even with Nikki still getting ready.

[Out Of Cake:[ ]
                              blackflame09

Dangerous Bloodsucker

6,975 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
Nichole A. Write

═════════

Nikki shooked her head at his question. That's all she needed was for him to try to warm her up. She slowly stood to her feet kicking the cans into a pile and making sure the fire was contained. Andy headed back inside the tent making her able to breath once more. Just one night, Niki told herself glancing towards the bigger tent with a scrowl. Becca was so going to get it tomorrow.

Once everything was set, the young woman entered the tent seeing he had all his things set up for the night and was lounging on top of his keeping back. Drunk brain don't fail me now. The tent was zipped back up so the bugs didn't get inside. "Comfy?" she asked rolling out her sleeping bag, making it barely enough room for both of them. This stinks, the thought crossed her mind as she crawled underneath and pulled her pillow down.

═════════

Occ:

Gilraen Meneldur

Bashful Explorer

User ImagexxUser Image

xAndy Gibson Nordby
              ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇

Andy remained still as Nikki entered the tent and unrolled her sleeping bag but he opened one eye slightly as she spoke “Yeah” He lied as he lay there, no he wasn’t comfortable, how could he be comfortable in this tiny tent, suck with her. Feeling her moving around slowly becoming a caterpillar pulling herself into her sleeping bag he was reminded of how close they really would be. It was only for one night but he still didn't like it.

Now that she was settled into the sleeping bag Andy groaned a bit turning on his side to get more comfortable, he paused momentarily opening his eyes slightly when he noticed he was turning on the side that faced her and after staring at her for a second quickly switched positions so his back was facing her. He exhaled as he tried to get comfortable adjusting once more to the ground before staying still again. He tried to relax but he felt his body stiffen as he lay there as if any sort of movement would cause him to bump into her even in the slightest or the smallest twitch of his foot would break the invisible bearer between them. Thoughts swirled through his head but he attempted to ignore them as he lay there and finally fell asleep.

Andy was normally a very heavy sleeper, not even a radio blasting and several alarm clocks going off could wake him, but when morning came the sound of Mike and Rebecca already moving around and the pain in his head and back got him up. Andy propped himself off the ground by his elbows, head spinning and pounding from the crappy alcohol they drank he simply stared forward as he adjusted to the morning light and sounds. His hair a mess and slight amounts of drool on his face which he wiped off he scratched his side. The night hadn't been so bad, once he actually fell asleep he was out like a light. He turned his head to look over at Nikki as she lay sprawled within her cocoon. Rubbing his eye he was about to shake her shoulder when he paused noticing small hints of some of her scaring through her messy hair. He didn't know what they were exactly or what from but he knew it was something different after all at one time he knew every mark and blemish on her skin.

Lost in thought Andy snapped back to himself at the sudden sound of Mike yelling at the to wake up while hitting the side of the tent and laughing. Andy sat up completely after this groaning at his friend and swearing under his breath, normally he'd be right there making ruckus with him, but it was way to early for this especially with the headache he still had. He didn't recall Mike and Rebecca really drinking much of anything in comparison.

[Out Of Cake:[ is it okay if he notices? I can edit if not. He probably wont bring it up for a while. ]
                              blackflame09

Dangerous Bloodsucker

6,975 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
Nichole A. Write

═════════

Nikki wasn't able to get to sleep at first but once she fell asleep she was out. As she dreamed, she twitched slightly from the nightmare memory of years ago. At cut, hot etch and simmer came back in vivid images. Towards morning though she was laying on her sde, at least till the tent shook and Mike yelling woke her with a start. "Don't! " She yelled shooting straight up into a seated position and staring about with dazed eyes.

It took her a moment to realized where she was and who was with her. Cheek redden from the embarrassment and she turned her head away fallen back to laying down. " Alright we're up. Knock it off already."

═════════

Occ: Its okay. I don't mind that he noticed.

Gilraen Meneldur

Bashful Explorer

User ImagexxUser Image

xAndy Gibson Nordby
              ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇

Andy leaned away from her a bit when Nikki suddenly sat up from the ground. Her yell caught him even more by surprise responding with a wave of pain through his head causing him to wince, "Ahh...volume" He muttered under his breathe. When Nikki fell back into her pillow Andy looked over at her sleepily before pulling himself up from the ground. He moved like a slug over to the tent opening and pulled back the zipper opening the flap letting in the rays of morning light, though limited with how early it was the mixes of orange and reds still made him squint as he stepped through the tent opening.

Mike and Rebecca were already dressed and cooking breakfast. Andy stared at them as sniffed a bit, the smell of the food was all around. "Morning sleepy head" Rebecca said giggling as shte looked Andy up and down admiring his bed attire "Thats a good look for you Andy, digging the sloppy hair, boxers, and T-shirt" Andy didn't respond, he simply stared forward as he moved toward the fire "Where's my smokes?" He asked groggly and indifferent. Mike tossed them from where he'd left them during the night and Andy pulled one out simply placing it between his lips as he scratched his arms, his attention on the food cooking in front of him. Though he could barely focus on that even, why on earth were they up so early...

"You guys better eat up and get dressed quickly, we want to head out as soon as we can" Mike said. He and Rebecca had already packed their tent and everything while they snoozed.

[Out Of Cake:[ computer decided to die on me while I was writing >.< . ]
                              blackflame09

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces