Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Artist Page ~ I do not own these pics. Aenaluck does.
User Image
                                      Alaric was not surprised to see Trigger's only companion was to join the other dead bodies that filled this mausoleum to the teeth. And the small amusement he found in Estelle's banter was lost once she had picked herself up off the ground. His eyes darted forward, deeper still into the darkened hallway of the stone structure. For the danger did not lay behind them, but lurked ahead. His hand gently graced the back of his mistress as she got to her feet.

Alaric was unphased by the sight of the lifeless corpse. He was a man who had killed many, with little reason. To him, Trigger was no worse or no better than he. It was simply that the man stood in the way of his destiny. He had tried to turn him against one of the only people he had ever cared about, for his own selfish pursuit. If it was his fate to stand at the gates, then he needed to honor his father and return. Alaric would have done anything just to see Ares' face one time, whether it be in this life or the next.

Trigger was selfish, but his captain was arrogant. All had their flaws. It was simply a matter of who owned up to them in the end. If he could not be brought to reason, Alaric would cut him down. He couldn't allow anyone to stand in his way. It was obvious that he, and this man, had two very different agendas. "Only a few moments, and you've already dropped our escape plan." He said softly, his voice but a whisper as he tugged her close under his arm protectively.

Already he could see the glow of a sinister kind not far from them. The energy was intense, and he was left in awe of it. Hades was a god, and the brother of his grandfather. Although cursed to serve in the underworld, his power was not told to be evil. This was something else entirely. And the closer they got, the clearer it became that this was not a single entity. There were two people in this room. Both very alive. Suddenly, he regretted bringing Estelle along. He felt like they were walking right into a trap. Alaric was not use to feeling vulnerable, but right now, with the ceiling blocking his aid from the skies, he felt like a child again-- terrified. And it was only the presence of the woman beside him that gave him the strength to continue.

Therefore, it wasn't long before they finally entered the chamber where tombs and skulls surrounded them on either side. The ground was covered in a thick smoke that filed out into the hallway, and the room possessed a chill that pierced him down to his bones. His skin was crawling, as if there were millions of tiny bugs borrowing beneath it, as what seemed like pure energy surged through the room. The ground began to shake; the entire building was quaking under the pressure of this authority. But it was the pure petrification in the eyes of Trigger that drew his attention from the bolts of light that known surrounded them.

Alaric turned to Estelle and pulled her into his chest due to overwhelming sensation that she would be ripped away from him. A great wind had picked up, snapping the clasp on his cloak and sent it far away from his form. The captain tightened his grip, holding her close as he opened his mouth to try and reason with Trigger. For Alaric knew that trying to approach him, would be foolish. However to his surprise, the gunner spoke first. "Leave! It is a trap!" The warning was baffling. Leaving the man in a state of bewilderment. This was surely HIS ambush if anything. So why was he trying to warn him? Was it the other presence he had felt?

Immediately his eyes shot up, as a flash of light shot down separating both he and Estelle-- sending them flying across the room in opposite directions. Alaric hit the wall with a thud, his aching body sliding down until he slumped on the floor. He shook his head, his eyes trying to focus on the scene. His first thought was check and make sure the woman he cared about was alright, but it soon took a second to the image he saw right before him. In the center of the room, holding his dagger was Liam Patroklos. His grandfather on his mother's side. And a likeness he had seen in many a Kingdom. He was a great warlock, and known throughout the land for his power. He was an enemy to Olivera and the Keeper. It was he, that the witch hoped to kill to win Cavril's favor. The fact that he lived, was the only reason his mother was still alive. Olivera had saved her in the hopes that her blood could kill him.

Trigger was still chanting, his voice getting louder as the energy ran in and out of the tombs and through Liam. Finally Alaric understood. He was using the dead to help keep the warlock suppressed. His amber locks and shimmering gray eyes were straining against the son of Hades power, and he struggled to take even on step forward. "Give up already, Travalos!" Liam growled, his body wrapped in expensive mauve material, as the ruby on his chest flickered. "I have the dagger."

"I will not go back!" Trigger cried, his voice trembling with both determination and fear.

"Oh come now. We both know I did not come here to send you back to the underworld."

Alaric stood, as a crash of thunder could be heard outside the mausoleum, expressing his great displeasure in seeing the man who never bother to come and rescue his own daughter from the hands of such a cruel creature. "Then you are here to see me! The grandson you've never met!" He roared with a smirk, staggering on his feet, fighting against the wind that threatened to knock him back down.

"But I have seen you. And your mother." Liam smiled, despite his body weakening. "I have used my link to her to watch Olivera's every move. You know what they say...keep your friends close and your enemies even closer."

"I understand that the Keeper is your enemy! You believe Cavril and the witch had killed my mother! And you knew they wanted to do the same to you..." He knew the story all to well. "But this is bigger than you. Trigger must return to his place at the gates. Cavril must die." Alaric held out his hand. "Give me the dagger!"

Liam laughed, it's eerie sound echoing throughout the quarter. "No, no dear boy! Cavril is already dead. You don't understand. The next in line to be Keeper...is me. And I can't very well have you driving this dagger into my heart." He grinned. "You can thank your mother. If she hadn't tracked you down, I would have never found you. Or your crew..."

Alaric felt his heart stop. "NO! YOU DID NOT HURT THEM!"

"I. Killed. Them. All." The warlock replied with no pain in his tone. "All that remains is your mother and that ignorant child. Olivera put some kind of spell on her. I was unable to attack, but in time...I will break that spell."

The captain let out a hurt breath, as he crumpled beneath the realization that his men were dead.

"I'll hold onto this, my dear grandson." He sang, looking the dagger over, before flinging his hand out and sending it soaring toward the chest of Trigger. It struck him and the surge of light around them died instantly, as the his eyes lost their spirit and his body turned to dust.

Like a boomerang, the dagger returned to Liam's hand. "I'll be seeing you. Make sure you tell your King Helios that Silas says hi." And with that, the man vanished in a puff of white smoke, leaving the room silent.

Alaric glanced briefly across the chamber at Estelle-- his eyes full of tears that sailed down his face and wet the earth beneath him. In a state of undeniable agony and anguish, he banged his fist down into the ground creating crates in the stone before letting out a scream that even the gods could not ignore.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Plenty had happened within the several weeks since Silas departure. None of which Bishop wished to take to heart but was nonetheless confronted by the reality that his family was in deep pain over the grievances they’d suffered in such a short period of time. There had been moments of bliss, yes, but not nearly enough to cover up the ache of having lost not one, but two close members of their family. And in time…. it felt as if they’d lost a third. Bishop had tried…. He’d approached his father on numerous occasions and watched from afar as his mother and sister attempted to do the same but it was as if the man were inconsolable. The loss of his brother had dug deep into his heart and the sorrow he felt was without parallel. The oracle was beginning to fear seeing too far ahead as he knew not if this ailment of the soul would damage the king beyond repair. He feared there would be no tomorrow for the man should he continue to feel burdened by the death of his father and the departure of his brother….. But Bishop was not without faith and it wasn’t long before the gods had blessed him with a vision that had sent the boy’s spirits alight. Three sleepless nights had followed afterword to which Odette urged Bishop to get some rest if only to preserve his health. But he could not be bothered. His mind was flooded with the anticipation of his cousin’s arrival and would not let him sleep for a moment. Again and again he reminded the guards to alert him and him alone should anyone approach the castle gate and demand entrance. And should they go by any of the names he had heard within his vision, they were to be allowed inside immediately. It wasn’t by any means ideal by the standards of the royal guard as all were aware the risks of allowing strangers to enter a kingdom shortly after having declared war. Their enemy was powerful and could disguise himself as anyone he may choose. But Bishop was not without reason. And should the king of Helena dare to step through his family’s threshold, the young man hoped to strike him down with the fury of the gods at his backing.

”Have you not gone to speak with your father this morning?” Bishop turned to look back at his bed, clipping his golden armor together as Odette stirred beneath the sheets and sat up. Her small fists rubbed her unseeing eyes gingerly as she slipped off the side and padded along the marble floor on bare feet towards the window where she drew the curtains. There was a moment where the corners of her lips upturned and she smiled brightly as if able to see what lay just beyond the window pane. But Bishop knew such to be anything but true. ”Breakfast won’t be for another hour. And today…. Today is when they arrive. My father will be in no mood to discuss his feelings with me. He is a strong man. Something he takes pride in. But it is that same sense of pride that refuses to allow him to open up to others. He does no seek the comfort of those he loves. Such is why I fear for him….. The man has only recently spoken of the feelings he bears for my mother openly. I do not think he will think to do the same of his pain in having lost both my uncle and my grandfather. Not with her, not with my sister, and certainly not with me. Still, I will not withdraw my hand from him should he need it. I want him to know that I am always there should he ask for me. But today I wish to help him in another form.” Odette turned away from the window and reached out her hand to which Bishop took in his own and guided her to the side, reopening the wardrobe for her so she too might prepare herself for the day ahead. ”How so?” She asked as her fingers wrapped around a garment of varying shades of blue and pink, the material whisping against her fingertips and sending a look of satisfaction to her face as she inquired of Bishop’s tactic. ”By restoring that of which he lost long ago.”

”Be careful Bishop…. Awakening old wounds can damage a soul more so than it can heal it. If your father gets too overwhelmed….”

”…..Then he will feel thrice the amount of pain….. I know. Don’t worry. I’ll be careful…… Now. I want you to do me a favor. I wish for you to worry of nothing else for the rest of the day. Have peace of mind. And if you have the time…. Perhaps you might help me with something later.”

”Oh? And what might that be?”

”Our guests. They will be bringing a child with them.”

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Stories. That’s all she’d ever heard. Her entire life Estelle had lived between two worlds. One that had been fabricated by her mother, a life of peace, comfort, and privilege, and the other consisting of her father. A place of mystery, danger, and excitement. Estelle had not once thought that the latter would be something she yearned for as her mother had worked long and hard to put the idea of such things out of the girl’s head. Telling her that to desire risk was to desire death and that she should be grateful for the opportunities she had in Moriel. And that was what she’d come to believe as she grew older and practiced the ways of her mother, working beneath the royals of the kingdom and working her way to the top…… Oh how things had changed. Not only did she despise such a subjective way of life, but she hated those who lavished themselves in it as well whilst others suffered. Which is why the idea of returning to another kingdom known for its supposed success was of such distaste to her. Surely Sonitus was no different than the last. Every kingdom was corrupt. They all were. And Estelle had yet to see one that presented itself otherwise. And so as they walked through the streets of the kingdom and towards the home of King Helios, she couldn’t help but wince with each smiling face they encountered, waiting for the moment they ran into a district littered with poverty, disease, and crime….. Only to find none. In truth, it made her sick. Surely there was something wrong with this place as there was always fault where masses relied upon one man to make their decisions for them. But again, she found none. There was the occasional seedy bar but other than the merry drunks and gamblers alike there was little else to go by. These people seemed…. relatively happy. The fairy’s stomach lurched in distaste but she knew now it was no longer the apprehension of possible disappointment that was causing her stomach to twist in knots…. But rather the gift she bore.

”We’re going to…. Have to stop……. Now please!” She hissed as the group continued to walk and brought herself to an abrupt halt. Her forearm pressed against the wall of a shop as she leaned against it and spent what felt like an hour simply trying to stomach the idea of having to continue walking for another mile. It was exhausting. And between putting aside her disgust for royalty and woes that came with carrying the same child for a second time, her patience was running on low. In fact, had it not been for her undeniable desire to remain at Alaric’s side at all times, she would have preferred to stay behind. Alas, the pull of the man was far too strong. Even for someone suffering from morning sickness. ”Okay….. Okay false alarm. Lets keep going and kick us some kingly a**. Right. We got this. Lets go team….” As pathetic as her attempts were it was the only thing distracting her from vomiting all over the open stone path as they continued on towards their destination. She was tired, ill, and had a yearning for sweets. All desires of which she could not indulge until they reached the castle. And that was only if the royals were kind enough to hear them out.

By the time they reached the damnable fortress, Estelle’s feet were aching and her stomach was doing a grand multitude of flips as she tried to reason with herself that whining was not the best choice of action. Still…. It was hard to resist. ”Moooommm, my feet ache.” She groaned as she wrapped her arms around Soarina and gave her a gentle hug. Her words were in mere jest as she knew that the past week had not been easy for her, nor her son, and released her within a moments notice. The castle was tall…. Taller than any given structure she’d had the pleasure of seeing and it was adorned in fine stones and twisting wood that would have made the elves envious had the race lived long enough to witness such architecture as a whole….. Then again… it was said that this kingdom held elfin nobility. It was only a matter of being allowed access to which she could find out if such were true for herself-

”Halt. In the name of the king, who requests entry?”

The voice was sharp. Just as much so as the weapon the bearer held as the knight and his comrade crossed their blades to stop the lot from pushing through and past the gates. Estelle was beyond giving these men the dignity they deserved. She was pregnant, they were grieving, and the souls of the innocent were locked in turmoil in the underworld where they did not belong. She hadn’t the patience to explain the importance that came with them being allowed an audience with the king. ”The captain of the Sea Dragon, Alaric Axton and we, his humble crew. We seek to have a word with your king as this concerns matters of great importance involving the war against Helena and its majesty. Have you any sense, you’ll allow us-“

”Axton? Alaric Axton you say?”

”Yes…… As I was say-“

”There is no need. Please. Come inside. His highness has been expecting you for some time.” And so without further explanation the men hurried aside and pushed back the doors to the gate just as the entrance to the castle did the same.

Estelle hadn’t a moment to register what had just happened before she was bombarded with the image of a young man in blinding gold armor descending the stairway of the castle in rushed steps. His hair fell over his shoulders and he looked down at them with wise, unnerving olive eyes that almost seemed to smile after looking at them for several moments too long…. Surely this boy wasn’t- ”King Helios?” The young man smiled, his pace coming to a slow stop as he looked at her, then Alaric, then Sophie, and at last Soarina. ”No. No I’m afraid not. My name is Bishop Helios, son of the king and heir to the throne…….. I…..” Almost immediately his tone of seriousness broke into one of adoration as he stared at Soarina with an almost sympathetic gaze. His hands moved to touch the side of her face but he immediately withdrew as if uncertain of how to react to her presence. ”I foresaw your arrival…. And there is much I have wanted to ask you…. The fact that you’re alive…. And well…. It means more than I can express. My father has spent his entire life with you in mind….. For you to be here means more than I can bear to explain. But it also means that what was foretold has come true.” Bishop paused then, looking back towards Alaric as he gave a slight nod. ”You have seen him then? You have seen Lia-“

”That name is as much a title as it is a plague and a curse. Please… Don’t utter it here. Not on this day.”

Bishop froze almost instantaneously and Estelle joined the boy as he turned to look back up behind him just as three, beautiful, graceful figures descended upon them. The one farthest to the left being a fair blonde in a pale gown and to the right, a woman in blue with fiery hair and a scrutinizing gaze. But it was the one in the middle that made Estelle shift uncomfortably as there was no denying by the magnificent crown on her head and the embroidered armored gown that this was the queen. ”I’m sorry…. I didn’t know if it was right to tell you… Not with all that has happened.”

”Oh its quite alright. I’m much more interested to find out how it is you would go about hiding them from me.” The woman said with a meek smile before looking upon them with eyes that held far less judgment than those of the red head who seemed determined to burn a hole in each and every one of them. It was frightening. But Estelle was never one to back away from a challenge.

O U T F I T
                                                                              {Out.Of.Cupcakes: }
        User Image
                                                                                        • User Image
                                                                                          ◥ ◤

For two weeks, Alexander had fallen into a state of self loathing. He knew he undeserving of his crown, and felt the sooner his son was married, the better. Unfortunately, the elf didn't find himself too interested in making plans for it. Not only had he made a fool out of himself at breakfast a few weeks prior, but he had also become aware of his true colors. Alexander had never cared to put his feet in the shoes of others-- to put his toes through their holes, or feel the sole to make sure it was sturdy. He simply assumed that his pain was greater than all those surrounding him. And despite being a good King, most was owned to Belva, who knew how to properly sympathize with those who had less and needed more.

Alexander was starting to think himself a hallow vessel. After the loss of Soarina, he would never be that innocent boy he was back then. She was still a baby to him, only five years old when Olivera took her life. And it was only the spell on the necklace that keep him from ripping his own heart out. Now again, he experienced agony so great that he thought it might consume him. For Silas was the only family he knew in his time of trial. But never once, in all the nights the man spent by his side, had he offered him a 'thank you'-- had he told him that he loved him and appreciated his nagging-- for Alexander knew that was his way of showing he cared. His brother was a good man, albeit foolish at times, and led by parts of his anatomy rather than his brain. Still, it was those things that made him unique.

Never in a million years could he be replaced. And now, the elf was left to mourn his passing; even if he wasn't dead, he might as well have been. Liam had something terrible planned for Silas. And Alexander shuttered to think what such would entail. So he attempted to preoccupy himself with other things, only speaking briefly with those around him, and spending most of his time practicing potions when Belva wasn't around. He grieved mostly in silence. Although his distance and sadness were obvious. The entire castle knew what had happened. It was no secret. Much unlike the arrival of a certain pirate ship at the docks. Alexander was not a clueless King. He had heard of Alaric, and his pursuits. Fortunately, he had more important things to worry about.

His time was spent at dawn, having Ana adjust his garments for the day. As he actually planned to show himself this morning. There were things running through his mind that he could not ignore; there were wrongs he needed to right. Although she was not required to earn her keep anymore, Lestat's wife took pride in her job. And did not want to leave her position as servant, even with three children running about the castle. She did her job well, and Alexander often found himself confiding in her. His cousin was not practically fond of the woman dressing the King every day, but he made due. And the elf found himself cherishing the time he spent with her. She did not judge him. He liked that.

Alexander's eyes watched her, as the sun peaked in through the curtains of his bedroom. Ana scurried about with material falling out of her mouth and pins and needles in her hand as she finished up his attire. "When you are finished, I need Scarlet 'ere immediately."

In reply, she nodded her head, despite her eyes holding a bit of defiance.

"What is that for?"

She shrugged, setting down her things on the nearby dresser before coming around to the back of him, and tightening his shirt with a metal pin. "I just...know how my Queen feels about her."

Such was news to Alexander. "'Ow does she feel?"

"Well, the woman openly flirts with you, when she knows you are taken."

"I 'ave no idea what your talking about." Oh, he know, but it made no matter. The attention was nice when he thought Belva was unfaithful-- but now he cared not for it.

"Yes you do."

"Does it matter!?" The elf hissed. "She is my coordinator, and there is...coordination to be done."

"What kind?" She asked, coming around to face him, her deep chocolate eyes holding a bit of concern. It was obvious that their King was unraveling.

"An engagement party."

Ana's eyes narrowed immediately, and her worry was lost in a sea of confusion. "For who? Bishop and Odette have had their celebration, and Remian has yet to propose to Victoria."

Alexander could feel his nerve disappearing, but he refused to let fear control him. Not anymore. He had done that for so long and lost so much.

"I am going to ask Belva to marry me."

Ana let out a strange noise and nodded her head contemplatively. "You are aware that you're married already?"

Alexander smiled, unable to help himself. His wife was everything to him. She was all he had left after his children married. "Yes, but when we made this union it was because I demanded it. This time, I want her to 'ave a choice."

Ana's eyes opened wide and suddenly he was on the floor beneath her as she fell over top of him in an embrace. "THAT IS SO ROMANTIC ZANDER!"

"Let go of me, woman!" He choked.

◥ ◤

In addition, Remian too had been spending a great deal of time alone. He did not yet share a chamber with Victoria, as they were far from married. The bird had thought many times to purpose over the course of the last few weeks, but found it was the last thing on his mind as more days passed by. He was starting to feel sick. However, he had done well to hide this from prying eyes. Or at least he thought he had.

Remian feared he was coming down with something, and it wasn't known for Phoenix's to suffer from human illness. Therefore, he was at a loss for the cause of what was ailing him. After he'd dressed in his usual attire, he spent much of his time pacing and back and forth in front of his bed, his booted feet stomping the ground as his large frame slumped forward. His skin was growing pale, his palms clammy, and his stomach upset. Especially this morning. And he couldn't very well avoid Victoria all day. Her father had been in a mood for a very good deal of time now, and he wanted to be there for the woman he loved, should she need his comfort. But it seemed it was he, that was in need of relief this day.

Remian soon came to the point where he could no longer walk, and his body simply gave up on him, causing him to tumble to the floor in a pile of himself. The bird moaned and gagged, feeling as if he might vomit before his uncle-- er rather, father-- came bursting into the room. He still hadn't gotten use to calling him that. Having he and Ha'an around made things all the more complicated. His mother still had no idea that Ronan was her lover's son, and he, his grandson. "Remi, gods kid I been--" His eyes fell, and he immediately came inside, closing the door behind him. "You look seriously bad. What happened?"

Woefully, the bird couldn't talk. It felt like there was something lodged in his throat. Therefore, he attempted to prompt himself up on one arm and turn himself over toward the carpeted floor, as strands of strawberry hair fell onto his sweaty forehead. His forearm was trembling beneath his weight, and didn't know how much longer he could stay conscious. "Hey, come on!" Ronan yelled, kneeling down in front of him with the hopes of getting him to stand. However, the dragon had noticed something curious. Remian's eyes were glowing amber as if he was possessed, and the sheer sight knocked him back on his rear, as he shimmed back toward the wall away from him. "I-I'mma go get your mother!"

Ronan was barely able to pick himself up, before Remian involuntarily spread his wings in a treating manner; the gust of wind it created blew the windows out with incredible strength. The sound of shattering glass caused his father to cover to his head, as the bird then slipped hand over his stomach which rumbled beneath palm. And it was in that moment that two pearl colored, egg shaped objects fell out of his mouth, and onto the floor.

Moreover, the pain subsided instantaneously. But Remian frowned, his hand running up his bare chest as he looked down at what he had produced in disbelief. "What...what are they?" He asked, his eyes finally returning to normal as he looked up at Ronan. The dragon uncovered his head slowly moving forward in his human body, clothed in navy and gold, to reach down and pick them both up, as they fit in one of his hands-- they were so small. For a long time, he looked at them, as Remian rose got to his feet waiting for his response. But the answer did not come in words-- at least not at first. Ronan's shimmering green eyes had begun to water, and in a matter of moments he was sobbing uncontrollably. "What is it uncle? Am I going to die? Are they poisoned?"

His father shook his head, pulling his quaking lips into his mouth to try and control his emotions. "They're...your eggs. The gods have seen fit to give you two children. And their in here."

Remian's eyes widened in surprise, but mostly fear, as he knew nothing of what it was to be a father. He hadn't even properly chosen a mate. "That cannot be."

"But it is." Ronan replied, rubbing the moist eggs against his face like a cat, purring with joy. "I'm going to be a grandfather."

"Oh no." Remian replied, as he breathed deep and turned away from him. "The King will not be pleased to hear this."

"Who cares about that pumped up, overgrown, son of a pig! This is about you and Victoria. The gods have deemed your love worthy. That is all that matters. But you must tell her. She must properly fertilize them in twenty fours hours...or they will die."

If the poor bird thought he was sick before, he was reeling now. He suddenly felt light headed at the mere idea of mentioning twins to Victoria. She was young. And did not wish to ruin her life with this untimely news. Nevertheless, the idea of having children-- was much more appealing to him than he thought it would be. For him to possess his own family to love and cherish, was more than he could ever wish for. And he would do things right-- and provide a roof, food and clothing for those who shared his blood.

It was then that Remian turned and looked Ronan with a smile, his eyes glossed over-- as he held back his own tears. "I will tell her."

◥ ◤

Alaric was not at all excited about seeking out a King. However, the story of how Alexander had come to power, was one that gave all men like the captain hope. He had once been a bandit, wanted for his crimes and kills-- but had found favor in the wounded heart of the Queen. He rid Sonitus of the disease that was her husband, and the two soon found themselves married and with child. It was unbelievable to most to think that a man had found so much favor from the gods, but there was no denying the truth. For Alexander was King; the best that any Kingdom had ever known. Surely he had help from his wife-- a woman whose beauty was whispered about throughout the land. Some said, the two had grown apart. But Alaric knew that often times, love was a hard emotion to keep kindled.

The city was beautiful. He had always thought it was beyond compare, and far ahead of it's time as far as architecture. The buildings seemed to be made of pure gold, and loomed overhead as they pass through the villages and Market Square. The people were undeniably happy-- some even stumbling out of the bar at this early time in the morning. Alaric had to admit, he had been to many places, but none were quite like this. Unfortunately, he had a hard time enjoying his surroundings, for he had much on his mind after the deaths of six very good men. That, in addition to the sickness that seemed to be plaguing his mistress-- Alaric hadn't the time to admire the change in scenery. Still, he didn't know much about consoling a pregnant woman, and looked to his mother in the hopes that she would know what to do. Estelle hadn't exactly been in the ideal grounds for breeding. And the last thing he wanted, was for her to lose another baby. She didn't belong on the Sea Dragon, not until this child was born.

"Is there something we can do for her?" Alaric asked, as he watched Estelle scurry over to one of the shops and slam her elbow against the wall. She hunched over, preparing to vomit, although none came.

"Not unless you want to abort her pregnancy." His mother hissed, obviously insulted by his lack of knowledge. "This is natural."

She shifted Sophie on her decorated hip-- who was finally dressed in proper clothing and bathed. Her face was no longer cover in soot, and her curly hair was braided down her back. Her expression was hard to read, but Alaric knew she was upset with him. Over the last week, she had tried to get to know him. She insisted he carry her and that they talk about his feelings, but he wasn't ready to admit his devastation. Especially not to his child. As captain he believed in being strong for his crew. He had spilled tears only briefly in front of Estelle, and made no plans to do it again. There was still hope for those he had lost. And where as before, he might have thought the gods had given up on him, now he knew that he was one of them-- and his father was no going to let him down. Not as long as he could make it to Rivdar.

"How about you hold your daughter, while I attempt to console your mistress..." Soarina demanded, putting Sophie down.

Alaric knew his mother wasn't fond of Estelle's title. Once she had learned that the girl was not carrying his seed, and had never slept the captain, she was much more adamant that they did become couple. As opposed to when she believed the woman was a whore, trying to take advantage of her only son. Soarina was happy to have Estelle's embrace, and ruffled her hand through her hair. She was a few inches taller than the former fairy, but didn't look any older.

Alaric awkwardly took hold of Sophie's hand, but kept his eyes ahead as they finally neared the gates to the castle. It was a breath taken structure of foreign materials that took his breath away. As soon as they approached the guards at the stone structure, Alaric removed the hood of his emerald cloak, (a new clasp had been put on by his mother after the incident in Erial,) to address them. However, there was no need to speak. Estelle was already prepared to defend his honor. Albeit, the men didn't need to much persuading. Which made he and Soarina exchange glances in curiosity. How had the King known they were coming?

It wasn't long before the guards were pushing the doors open, and they were allowed entry. From the marble staircase fled a figure glinting in gold. That of the prince. Alaric only assumed so, for he looked to be nothing more than a boy. Sophie broke free of his hand almost immediately, running forward to stand right in front of this...Bishop, and as usual began trying to crawl her way up his body. "Oh! This is how they knew. He's an oracle, just like me."

Soarina placed her hands on very slender hips, her frame thinner and taller than any woman here. "Well isn't that interesting."

However, Alaric was no fool. The woman who had come up and interrupted the Prince, was surely the Queen. He knew not the others, but the sea nymphs beauty was indeed undeniable. "We must speak with King Helios. It is an urgent matter. One that cannot be superseded by formalities." He said, his voice almost apologetic, although it was obvious he feared no mortal man.

But Soarina did not miss the Queen's thwart of Liam's name being spoken. She too knew who Belva was, and needed no introduction. "Have you suffered at the hands of my father?" Her eyes became sad, remembering how the warlock had tried to strike her, as she passed the prince and moved up the stairs toward the Queen gracefully, without hesitation to stand before her-- then took her hand. "Alexander has chosen the perfect woman. I am Soarina. I wish to see my brothers..." Although she barely remembered them, she had never forgotten the family she left behind. Her death had permanently etched their young sobbing faces into her mind.

Alaric was suddenly dumbfounded. Her brother? Ah, yes. Such made sense. She was birthed by the Queen of Rivdar, and it was said the King of Rivdar became the Keeper. And the King of Sonitus was indeed the Keeper's son. Again he found himself overwhelmed by emotions...this was his family...

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Her Father. Somehow, Belva didn’t think that likely. This woman looked nothing like Liam, nor had Silas made mention of having shared blood with anyone beyond those who inhabited the castle of Sonitus. No, the only explanation the queen saw in this woman’s confession was that her mother had lied to her in a possible attempt to lay claim to the king’s wealth…. That is… until she spoke her name. ”…Soarina?” Belva looked at the woman with an enraged expression. To think that someone would be so insensitive… So volatile as to claim to be that of Alexander’s deceased sibling sickened her. She had half the mind to strike the woman where she stood but instead looked to Bishop with a serious gaze only to receive the boy’s confirmation in a nod. Belva looked back at the slim woman and as she took into account the similarities, she realized that it was not at all Liam she had taken after…. but Indigo. Immediately Belva let out a choked breath and brought her free hand to her mouth as tears threatened to break through. There was no denying it. This woman was the spitting image of her mother and held a definite likeness to that of her brother. This was his sister. This was Soarina. The queen’s free hand graced the side of the other’s face as if entranced by the revelation only to be interrupted as Bishop shifted and approached with gentle, sympathetic eyes. The young girl who had accompanied the three strangers now positioned on his hip as if such was second nature to him. ”Mother……” Belva was ripped from her daze and pulled her hand back apologetically, glancing over at the man behind Soarina and the woman at his side. Neither of which were dressed appropriately. But Belva didn’t care. This was Alexander’s family. And they would be treated with as much honor as the king himself. ”Your brothers…. Yes…. Yes, forgive me. You’re right, we must make haste.” And with that she turned away with Soarina in hand and moved past both daughter and future daughter in law as the group began their rushed ascension up the palace stairs and towards the large open doorway. ”I beg you forgive us, we by no means thought…..Well… Alexander believed you to have passed long ago. Not one day has passed without you in mind… I can’t imagine what it will be like for either of you…. After all this time. The gods certainly have blessed us.”

”You have remained an important part of our lives even in your absence. My sister, Victoria, was given your name in hopes of honoring you. Both you and the city of Rivdar have always had a place in our hearts.” Bishop added as they pushed through the foyer and towards the stairwell that led to the second floor just as a Scarlet was rushing past. ”Scarlet! Send for my father. Tell him it’s an emergency and that we will meet him in the throne room. If he refuses, persist. It is of upmost importance.” Victoria pushed through, taking the lead as her mother fell silent and watched the coordinator with disinterest before continuing to follow her daughter all the while praying that Alexander would head their call and arrive without resistance. ”Our family has been in mourning. So I hope you can sympathize with us at the moment as we are not exactly in our finest hour. But surely, this will lighten spirits from all around.” She spoke with reassurance, but despite her elation in at last having the chance to meet the woman who was spoken so fondly of even at such a young age, Victoria could not help that her mind was elsewhere. Remian had been….. distant lately. And had it not been for her father’s loss she likely would have thought nothing of it. But it was difficult to be pushed away by both those of who she loved and although she hadn’t the slightest doubt that Remian’s reasons were his own, she couldn’t help but feel somewhat anxious over the matter. If there was something wrong with him she would have liked to know. He was a part of her family now and the only man she could see herself having a future with. If something were to happen to him Victoria wasn’t sure what she would do. She had lost two close friends and family over the course of the month. She could not bear the thought of losing a third. ”Right this way.”

After having gone down several more corridors, they were at last met with the large, engraved, ceiling high doors of the throne room, paved in glistening colors varying in golden shades and accents. Bishop and Odette were of the last to enter, both of which were silently fussing over the small girl the oracle held as they smiled down at her with adoration. It was true, they too were thinking of starting a family and had hopes that being around younger children would better acquaint them with the idea. Especially when one of those children was Sophie. Bishop knew it was possible that there was a chance his child might inherit the power he had gained from both Vera and his biological father and such meant that raising the child would have to be done with great care if he too wanted their offspring to be able to control such magic without having to give them away to someone who would discourage such influences. He did not want their baby to have to endure the trauma of being separated from its parents as he didn’t think he could bear the idea of giving away one of his own as the previous oracle had. ”And this must be Sophie, am I right? Such a beautiful name. And a pretty voice as well! May I….?” Bishop smiled as Odette lay her fingertips against Sophie’s cheek and a loving expression took over, her hand then finding the top of Sophie’s head before gently releasing her and placing it upon his shoulder. ”This is Odette, my fiancé. She was born blind but sometimes I think she sees things better than most, including myself. We’ve been looking forward to your family’s arrival, and yours as well. I have never in all my life met an Oracle so young. I believe I was a little older than your self when I first met my parents. It’s often difficult being of such an age with the powers you hold. Some adults tend to take that for granted while others underestimate you. But between you and I, I think it is being so young that makes us all the wiser. Sometimes grown ups have a hard time understanding that..... But you are never alone. These people love you... We are family.” He too could remember a time where growing up, even in the hands of loved ones, had been difficult. There were feelings and thoughts that he hadn't understood. Visions that had frightened him. All things that he could not relate with Belva and Alexander as the couldn't possibly understand what it was he had gone through. It was not their fault. And they had always been loving parents. But sometimes it was nice to remind himself that there were others out there like him. And that he need not be the only one to go through it alone.

O U T F I T
        User Image
                                                                                        • User Image
                                                                                          ◥ ◤
                                                                                          Alexander was thrilled to see Scarlet, as she knocked on his open chamber door and came right in, well aware that the Queen had already started her day. For she was often up and dressed long before the King. He had found it hard to sleep at night, and therefore did not rise with the sun. "Sir..." Her eyes trailed him, as the serious expression on her face seemed to melt seamlessly into adoration. "You look wonderful..."

Even as a man with such power and authority, he still found himself less inclined to take compliments-- unless they were specifically targeted at something he took pride in, such as his wife, or children. In the past, he had marveled in the idea of others recognizing him for his prowess. But he was a much simpler man now. Not only that, but what Ana had said about Belva not liking her because of her open adoration, was still stuck in his head. "Yes, well..." He cleared his throat and puffed out his chest, in the hopes of seeming less like a friend and more like her leader. "I need to plan an event. I want every man, woman, and child in the Kingdom to attend. Make it mandatory."

This was surprising to Scarlet. She had known the elf to be very introvert, and he hated making a big deal of anything. "Well it seems the castle is full of urgent matters this day." However, she dared not question him. Not only because she fancied the man, but because she knew his word was law. And whatever he wanted to have this lavish event for, was likely very important.

"What should I put on the invitation?"

Alexander opened his mouth to respond, his fingers fiddling with the clasp of the very expensive clothing he was wearing this morning. For some reason, he wanted to look presentable. If he was going to ask Belva to marry him, he would at least need to look the part of someone she should be with. It seemed with every passing day she became more beautiful, and he simply sprouted another gray hair. "I am--" And then realized what she had said. "What urgent matter?"

Scarlet's face turned red and she offered him a bow of her head, wringing her hands together nervously in front of her. "Your daughter requested you come to the throne room. You have visitors."

Alexander snarled, knowing it was likely the arrival of the pirate. Lestat's job was to patrolled the port and Ana had informed her King only an hour prior of the arrival of a ship called the Sea Dragon. "Pirates in my castle! What 'as come of the 'elp around 'ere! I specifically made it clear that kind of activity was not to pass the gate!"

"Yes, but--"

"Oh shut up!" He replied, flinging back the crimson material of his cloak as he stormed by her-- departing from his own chamber and rushing down the corridor. Alexander was already mumbling under his breath, preparing to let them all have it. Here he was grieving over the loss of his brother, and his family pretended he had died! Not even bothering to come to him and ask his permission to have guest. Was he no longer the King? Before the guards outside the throne room could even get the door open, he had barreled through, his long locks flowing as gracefully as the cape on his back. His azure eyes were blue was the sky, but held rain clouds threatening to pour all over the reunion his family was having.

Alaric made note of his entrance, his body stiffening at the mere presence of this man. There was something compelling about his aura, it was so commanding that it was a wonder to him that the elf had ever been anything other than royalty. It was this authority that the captain hoped to have at some point in his life. But such would take a back seat to the much needed time he desired to spend with his mother. There was also Estelle, and Sophie in the mix now-- not including the pregnancy, which was becoming more and more of reality everyday. He was silently concerned about his mistress. He cared about her, it was no secret. And with all that was going on, he was afraid of losing sight of that.

His mother had yet to explain why she had never said anything about King Helios being her brother. Then again, it likely didn't matter at the time. Word of him becoming ruler of Sonitus didn't spread before he had sold himself into servitude. The help of a ruler as influential as he, might have been able to help with his mother's sickness at the time. Alaric could see no real similarities between Alexander and Soarina-- not physically, but it was obvious they had the same fire.

The King marched right up to Alaric and reached out removing his hood from his head in a rather demeaning manner. Their eyes met, and immediately the captain felt insulted. This may have been his blood, but he was not going to disgrace him in front of everyone. "Alaric Axton, captain of the Sea Dragon." Alexander growled with distaste. "Last time you were 'ere, you killed five of my men, and stole a pixie from the prison. What is it you crave now? More bloodshed?"

He had heard of him. And as angry as he was, he didn't often meet indigence with enmity. Instead, a smug grin trotted across his lips. "You've heard of me. What good news! Then there will be no need for introduce myself. We can get right down to--" Alaric frowned as he realized that Alexander was walking away. "I was speaking to you."

"Yes. But as King, I'm not obligated to listen. Lucky me."

"Wait. Alex, please." Soarina pleaded, moving toward him with haste, her heeled steps echoing throughout the vast room as her hands found his chest to keep him from going to sit on his throne-- where he would likely pass judgement and send them on their way.

"Leave, and take your whores." He snapped, pushing her hands away with such a cold gesture, that Alaric was left outraged.

"Don't you dare talk about my mother that way!" He took a step froward, but Soarina had already acted. Her hand came up and she slapped Alexander so hard that she left him staring at the ground in shock; the sound echoed throughout the chamber.

Suddenly, the captain was quiet, his widened eyes looking toward Estelle with fear of what might happen next. Family or not, touching the King in such a manner was punishable by death. "What the hell happened to you? Your heart is cold. There is no life in your eyes! It's like...you lost your soul!" Soarina panted, her chest heaving in and out beneath her verdant cloak.

"'Ow observant." Alexander replied angrily, wiping the blood from his lip as he looked down on her. "I 'ave lost more than you will ever know."

"I have time." She replied, swallowing the lump in her throat. She was not obviously overwhelmed by her brother's appearance. Indeed she was, she did not let it show.

"I 'ave recently lost a brother, and a father...and before that..." Alexander's eyes narrowed. "A mother, and sister. She was...everything to me."

Soarina's hardened expression softened tremendously, and tears had started to form in her eyes. Something that frightened the King, as he looked toward Belva to try and sort out what he had done to make her so upset. "That's not important. I was brash..." He said, passing her by, his back facing her. "What is it you want from me?"

Soarina turned and came around to the front of him again, her smile unwavering and her tears spilling down her face like a fountain. "I dreamed about you many nights..."

These words were strange to Alexander. He wasn't sure if he knew this woman. She did remind him a bit of his mother. She had a firm tone, and a voice that demanded attention. But he was sure she was a stranger to him. "Last time, woman. What do you want?"

"I take woman to be a term of endearment, given your brooding personality." She paused, "My name is Soarina..." She barely managed the words, her lips quivering and knees knocking together so fiercely she feared they might shatter.

But Alexander believed this to be a trick. Something cruel played on him by his own family for the sake of getting him to leave his room. He had seen his sister die. And there was no way she could be standing before him. "'OW ******** DARE YOU!" He roared, in a voice that shook the very foundation of the Kingdom. He stumbled backward away from the woman in front of him with absolute certainty that he might very well snap her neck where she stood, if he hadn't. "IS THIS WHAT THE 'ELIOS FAMILY CALLS A JOKE! THIS IS THE WAY THEY MEET MY GRIEF!?" His eyes shot toward Belva in absolute shock.

"Alexander, this is not a joke." Alaric replied, moving forward, but when the King turned to meet his gaze, he froze.

"Don't you speak. If you talk again, I will rip your tongue out!"

It was something the captain had threatened many times, with every intent of doing so. In turn, he snapped his mouth shut with an exasperated sigh.

"Who did this? Who let these people into my castle?" Alexander turned and looked at Bishop. Knowing that it was only he, that would defy him so openly. "I want them out.... I WANT THEM OUT NOW!" The elf had wept so much, he thought he could not cry anymore. But such was not the truth. His body was weakened beneath the mere notion of having Soarina in his arms again. And his cheeks were moist with tears.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Over the course of the twenty years Victoria had been alive, there had been very few things that frightened her enough to be deemed noteworthy. But nothing, not even the fear of death itself, could compare to the way she felt once in having witnessed her father’s rage first hand. Alexander’s voice shook his family to the core and it was all she could do not to hide behind her mother as the king expressed both his anger and sorrow in having been told that the sister he had lost so long ago stood with him now in this very room. Belva too seemed frightened by the tone her husband held but remained firm despite his accusatory stare, only to soften immediately as the man broke way for tears. The queen displayed no reluctance in approaching her husband although was cautious of the vulnerable state he was in. The man was crumbling right before her very eyes…. And Belva couldn’t help the heartbreak she felt in seeing him this way. ”We are your family, Alexander. We love you, and we would never wish to harm you. We care about you and want to help. There is nothing more we want than to make you happy….. Please. Don’t push us away.” Her voice was not but a whisper at this point as her hands pressed against either side of the man’s face and gently wiped at his cheeks with her thumbs. Her gaze remained calm. Persistent. But such was difficult to pass on to their son who was shook up over having been so directly acknowledged by his enraged father. Still Bishop looked to join his mother in comforting the man, gently coaxing Sophie from his grip and placing her in Odette’s arms as he stepped forward. ”It was me… I let them in. Three days ago I had a… a vision. I saw Soarina, Sophie, Alaric, and Estelle and their encounter with Liam as well as their intent to come here. I told the guards to let them in at my command….. and I’m sorry. I never meant to bring this upon you so abruptly. I simply… I wanted you to see her. For yourself. You’ve spent years apart and for the length of that time I’ve watched as you blamed yourself for what was beyond your control. You did not kill Soarina. What happened then was not your fault. You trusted your father, as all son’s long to. And in his anger, he manipulated you….. But that does not mean you should have to pay with an eternity of sorrow. She is here. She has come asking not for the king of Sonitus, but her brother. The one she lost so long ago. You may not have been able to control the past but you can control what happens now….. This is your chance to put your mind at peace…. I know that in having gone behind your back I have inevitably hurt you. That I understand and in time I hope that you can forgive me…. But please….. will you not allow yourself to be happy? Will you not speak with her?”

There was no demand in Bishop’s voice and if anything, it felt as if he too might give way to exhaustion at any moment. His hands shook at his sides despite the tightness in his jaw as he remained transfixed on both his mother and father. He believed his relationship with them to be strong. But if his father suspected those around him would be so careless as to mock his pain….. Then perhaps there was much more to the man that he hadn’t taken into consideration. Bishop had thought that he was protecting his father by waiting to tell him of all he knew. But in truth it had only served to infuriate him. ”With all do respect your highness, if it is as I’ve heard, then you are the one who knows her best. Meddling in the affairs of the deceased is not something to be taken lightly. Not even by pirates and ’whores’. To do so is to provoke the wrath of the gods. We do not take you for a fool. And we seek to gain nothing in restoring your relationship with your sister other than to return that which was lost long ago…… Besides. As handsome as my Captain here is, he is a terrible liar. The worst, in fact.” It was the first time Estelle had spoken since having entered the castle. Although the rest seemed paralyzed by the king, she was by no means subject to such. She was pregnant. She didn’t have time to be afraid. As far as she was concerned if this man was so ridiculous as to accept the idea of his entire family’s betrayal over the possibility that he might find happiness in being reunited with his sister, then he was a coward. And if she wasn’t given a place to sit within the hour she would just as happily express her disgust in the situation by spilling it all over the king’s perfectly polished boots.

”You knew her best… didn’t you daddy? If she wasn’t the real thing, you would know. Give her a chance….. Please, we can’t bear to see you suffer any longer.” By now Victoria too had managed to will herself over to her father’s side, taking his hand in both of hers and caressing it gently as the rest stared on with an expectant gaze. ”Now, now. We mustn’t rush him.” Belva cooed and brushed on of her hands over the top of her daughter’s head before turning to the rest of their guests. ”These things take time. These past few weeks have been difficult for my husband as have the years following the separation of Soarina….” The queen turned back to him then as she gave him one last plea. She knew that accepting the possibility of his sister’s return would be painful. But she hoped that in time he would find the relief he deserved all those years ago. Bishop was right. It wasn’t his fault. ”We will not force you to do something against your will. We only wish to make things right. To help heal you. All we ask is that you give it a chance and take some time to think about it. And should you find disfavor in this woman, and believe it not to be her after having spoken with her than we will do as you ask and send them away never to be spoken of again.” Her hands rest on the sides of his arms now, as she was more than certain that this was a decision that would not come with ease. She could only hope that Alexander would hear them out.

O U T F I T
        User Image
                                                                                        • User Image
                                                                                          ◥ ◤
                                                                                          Belva was wrong. Alexander knew who this was. He was simply afraid to believe it. The pain he had felt for so long was what made him the man he was today. And to know he had wasted his time grieving over the loss of his sister when he could have been looking for her, made this all the more agonizing. He wanted nothing to more than to wake up from this nightmare. As soon as one person left him, another appeared-- and who was to say that the Soarina he knew as a child wasn't lost? Maybe this was Liam's plan all along, to show him what it was to feel again, only to leave him empty. And yet, as his family surrounded him, he desired nothing more than to give in. He wanted to embrace his sister every since the day she had died. There had not been a single day that passed that he did not wish to hold her. If only he could apologize for allowing himself to be so gullible and defy the rule of his mother for the sake of a father bent on revenge.

Bishop had shown strength in what he had admited to doing without so much as bothering to check with the very man who had raised him. For Alexander wouldn't have cared about his vision. He would have denied any possibility of Soarina being alive, and sunk the ship before it could even reach Sonitus' port. He was an angry man, who was afraid to feel, even after all this time. Surrounded by family, he still found a reason to reject those who loved him. And it was really time, he started to see the blessings all around. This situation with Liam could be straightened out now. He had believed that Silas was their only chance-- but the gods had made a way. As they always did.

Alexander cleared his throat and nodded his head, looking down into the indigo pools that made up the eyes of his beloved wife. He kissed her forehead, and brought Victoria's hand to his lips, kissing it gently and offering her an apologetic smile. This was not the way he wanted her to see him-- not ever. As for Bishop, he was still the perfect son. Alexander was sure he would make a magnificent King. "There is nothing to forgive..." He managed shakily, his gaze moving to the Prince with adoration, before he drew a breath and turned back to look at Soarina. She was a vision of beauty, much like his mother. The similarities were undeniable. He wanted to fall over her like water from a fountain, but he knew that now was not the time. "...besides my own behavior, you 'ave all acted accordingly."

His sister however, did not know how to contain herself, and came rushed past his family colliding into his chest. "How I missed you." She cooed into his ear, as he melted to the floor with her in tow, burying his face in the nook of her neck. He did not want to cry anymore, but it couldn't be helped. His arms lay limply by his side, as he wept upon her in front of all those surrounding him. "Oh look at him. He's such a blubbering baby for a big tough King." Soarina sang, rubbing his arms and back as she beamed up at Belva, Bishop, and Victoria over his shoulder.

Alexander couldn't help but smile into the material of her cloak. She was indeed everything he wanted his little sister to be. "Alaric there is my son...your beautiful, perfect, and handsome as Estelle so wonderfully put it, nephew."

The elf sniffled as he lifted his head and looked at Soarina as she eased him back to his feet. Alexander drew a calming breath and looked to see the strapping young man once more. This time, taking in all he had to offer. He was a few inches shorter than the King, but build wide, with a very solid frame. He wondered about the boy's father, but did not ask. "'Is woman 'as a mouth on 'er."

Soarina laughed. "Well, she's pregnant. Can't exactly be helped." She left him then, coming to Estelle and taking her face into her hands, pulling her into her chest to hug her briefly. "She's tired from the walk. We'll need a chamber. I want to make sure she's fed."

Alexander nodded quickly in response, his consideration showing despite his puffy eyes. "Of course." His eyes moved toward Sophie who was in Odette's arms. He did not recall Ana popping out another child, and was baffled by her presence. "Is this your second grandchild? You should 'ave breakfast with us, so I might 'ear about all the things you've been through since..." Alexander wasn't sure he could even speak of it. Not with Soarina standing right here-- it was far too painful.

Alaric finally spoke up, knowing that his mother probably still didn't quite understand what was going on with Estelle and Sophie. She simply adopted the two into the family without any questions asked. As for the pregnancy, he had the feeling his mother thought the child was his. No one had said otherwise. And Alaric honestly preferred to take responsibility for what was growing inside of the stomach of his mistress. Part of him was still jealous that an imp like Caspian was allowed to have such glory not once, but twice. Although, given his rocky relationship with Sophie-- perhaps he wasn't ready for a baby. "Am I allowed to speak now, your Majesty?" Alaric inquired in a sarcastic tone, drawing Alexander's attention.

"If you must." He replied, with a raised crimson eyebrow.

"Can I call you uncle?"

"By all means."

"All is well that quickly I see."

Alexander rolled his eyes. "The offer to rip your tongue out is still on the table."

Alaric chuckled. "No love for pirates, when you yourself were a bandit. As wanted as I, if not more so."

The elf looked as if he was thinking, his eyes falling toward the ground for a moment. "I 'ave been through a lot. But I'm a King now, and I can't simply overlook the fact that you killed innocent men."

"No man is innocent." Alaric rebutted with great speed, moving forward to hold out his hand for Alexander to shake. "You and I both know that." The captain urged his uncle to look him in the eyes; he did so-- but did not take his hand.

"You 'ave a whore that bears your children?"

"A ruse. For my crew, so that they would not hang her from the sails by her neck. The child she bears is not mine. And I only recently adopted Sophie. She is a fairy oracle. She hasn't earned her wings yet."

Alexander was perplexed by this. Did all these children grow up in bad homes? "Then I misjudged you."

Alaric retracted his hand and ran it over his chest, realizing that this man didn't like physical contact much. "You should apologize to Estelle. I do not want anyone calling her that. Not even a King that happens to be my uncle."

Alexander's face which had held minimal interest, suddenly shifted to one of understanding. "Is that because she called you 'andsome?"

"Well that is undeniable."

The King was smiling now. "Is it?"

"Oh yes. I can get any woman I want."

"Is that so?"

Alaric was surprised by that question. He may have been attempting his hand at being humble, but certainly such did not include his physicality. There was no doubt that he was what women longed for. Estelle had simply seen a darker side of him at their first meeting, and it kept her from from being being able to properly admire him. "I mean...look at me."

Alexander laughed now, his eyes lighting up with delight. There was no doubt that he reminded him of Silas. Alaric hadn't met him yet, but he was not much different that him. "'E is a ******** piece of work!" He exclaimed patting his face, showing Alaric great favor, which made his heart light. "Who is 'is father? A warrior from your hometown?"

Soarina smiled. "The best."

"My Queen, please show my sister, and my nephew's woman to their room. I will get the servants to prepare breakfast." Alexander said, taking Alaric by the shoulder and pulling him toward the door as they both engaged in conversation.

In the meantime, Soarina looked down on Estelle with a sad expression. "We'll just say this ones mine too." She whispered to the woman, knowing she would likely be unimpressed with her son's arrogance and open admittance to not being the father of her child. Soarina was aware that Alaric couldn't have children of his own. She simply hadn't told him yet... She turned and looked at Belva with an apologetic smile. "He's a charmer. Just calls all the women around him woman and whore. Super lovable, that one."

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Belva watched Estelle, knowing all too well the expression on the woman’s face as it went from pride to a sullen form as her captain went on to deny the child she bore and in turn boast of his ability to charm any woman he pleased. Jealousy was something the queen was fairly familiar with there too were times in her relationship with Alexander where she had felt as much. The leader of the village in the desert was only one of many incidents but it was by far the most boisterous moment by far. The to say she went without feeling that way now would be a lie. It was no secret that Scarlet was a sore subject when it came to Belva, as she despised any woman who would openly gaze upon her husband so lovingly, whether she was in the room or not. The coordinator had no shame. And were it not for the convenience of having a guests around each time Belva caught her in the act it was likely the woman would have pummeled her all the same as she had the woman twenty years ago in the warmth of the sand in a drunken stupor. ”You must be tired after your journey. It was naught but twenty years ago, but the plagues of pregnancy are still fresh in my mind. Come. I will take you to your rooms and have someone tend to you. Neither of you will lift so much as a finger while you’re here. If you need anything, anything at all, do not be afraid to say so.” Her steps were quick as she approached the pair and looped her arms around their own, smiling joyously as Soarina spoke. ”Oh he’s most certainly one of a kind. Sometimes I question if he remembers my name at all!” She teased but nonetheless seemed thrilled at the mere mention of her husband. Estelle found this somewhat…. Endearing. Despite the king’s absurd manner of addressing those around him and the years that had passed between them, it would seem as if this woman found just as much adoration for her husband as one would suspect a newly wed to. That of course wasn’t to say that Estelle was without such feeling for Alaric. It was just…. Different between them, as he had plainly demonstrated before all. ”Your son’s a rather witty one himself. It’s nice to have someone around who can keep up with Alexander’s sharp tongue. Heavens know I tried but I’m afraid that he is my weakest point as well as my strongest. There is no winning an argument with him, not even after twenty years. He’s as stubborn as ever.” The queen smiled but Estelle only seemed further put off by the mention of the captain. ”Yes well I suppose you’re lucky. The king seems rather fond of you. Twenty years and the two of you have not questioned your feelings for one another? It’s only been several weeks and Alaric still finds pride in his ability to woe ’any woman he wishes’."

”Oh Alexander wasn’t always this way. Would you believe me if I were to say that the first time we met, he threatened to kill me and feed me to the….. was it dogs? Perhaps rats…. Roaches?.....”

”He didn’t! For gods sakes! And you married the man?!?!? What did you do???”

”Not immediately. I spit on him. And there was a point in which I stabbed him as well. In fact, in our search for a healer, that is what led us to find our son. My first husband was a terrible ruler and left the hard workers of Sonitus to live in the slums of the city. Bishop was not but seven at the time. An oracle who had inherited the gift of his father……. Me and Alexander hated one another. But not once did he ever make an attempt on my life. In fact, he saved me more times than I can think to count. It didn’t take long to realize that I loved him…. He was a wonderful father. Even then… Of course he was just as stubborn as he is now. That’s never changed.”

Estelle was howling with laughter at this point as she relayed the idea of the fragile and gracious woman before her spitting, neigh, stabbing the man she was so lovingly devoted to this very day. ”I’d say I was embarrassed to admit it, but I’m not. I too have…. Tried to kill Alaric…. When we first met. His only purpose for keeping me alive was in hopes that I would share a bed with him. It’s only my blood he needed. But it was my body he wanted. I shot at him once, successfully did so the second time although it was merely an attempt to save him, thirdly he forced me to shoot an apple off the top of his head, and I have threatened to shoot him once after that though I had no intention of carrying it out. I do not hold the way he treated me prior against him as my feelings for him have changed…. As has my perspective on what kind of man he is…… However it is true, the child I bear is not his. And I do not plan on forcing such a responsibility on him. But…… I do worry about his over confidence. The man loves a mirror. He loves to be complimented and admired. And for that very reason I fear that…. well…. I’m not quite sure. Perhaps I haven’t a reason… He only said it. Its not as if he will act on it.” Belva nodded solemnly as she continued to lead the women down the hall. She understood the woman’s turmoil. But she did not think that denying her concerns was a healthy solution. If she did not speak what was on her mind, it could lead to hurt and betrayal further along in their relationship. ”Words can sting just as much as any advance towards another women. Be sure to let him know that…. I know all too well what holding ones feelings away from those you love can do to a person. It damages the soul…” Estelle squirmed at the mere mention of love and immediately such caught the queen’s eye. ”… That is… if you love him.”

…..I-“

”Mom!... Have you seen Remi? For the life of me I haven’t been able to find him anywhere…. He’s been hiding from me all morning… All week really. Damnit I knew I shouldn’t have worn this dress. I’ve been acting like such a ninny. Trying so many of these ******** curtains on and not once has he been able to look me in the eye without looking as if he might pass out. What if he’s flown away?“ Victoria huffed as she approached from behind and cut the three women off. Estelle hadn’t the slightest idea what the girl was talking about but had the feeling such was a serious matter. At least to her by the look of distress in her eyes. ”Your pet bird?” Immediately Victoria scowled at the fairy and placed either hand on the sides of her hips indignantly No not my [******** bird. My boyfriend.” Estelle’s brow furrowed as she contemplated the logic of what she’d just heard and slowly came to the conclusion that the queen’s daughter was engaging in bestiality. ”Tori please… Not in front of our guests.” Vicoria’s eyes immediately widened and she turned to Soarina with apologetic eyes. Her hands dropping to her sides and giving the woman a slight bow. ”I’m so sorry ma’am.”

”Have you tried asking Bishop?”

”Nah he and Odette ran off with the little girl, Sophie. Something about sacrificing her to the god of fertility or something.” No one laughed and in seeing the appalled look on Estelle’s face, Victoria immediately thought to correct herself. ”I-I’m only joking. They’re in the gardens. They said they wanted to show her everything worth seeing and spend some time getting to know her.” Belva smiled and looked to both Estelle and Soarina with a nod in confirmation as she hoped to ease what panic Victoria might have caused. ”My son and his fiancé are to be wed soon and hope to start a family of their own. I’m certain they will watch over her diligently. You can expect her to be as spoiled as ever while you’re here.” She said with a laugh and gave Victoria a nod as the princess ran off to resume her search for Remian and allow the three to continue on towards the guest chambers.

O U T F I T
        User Image
                                                                                        • User Image
                                                                                          ◥ ◤
                                                                                          Alaric and Alexander made their way to the dinning area to be sure the servants weren't taking their time with preparing the food. Given the King's outburst that morning, it was nearing noon, but that didn't seem to put a damper on his plans for breakfast. Contrary to a few moment ago, the elf seemed to be positively glowing with pride as he entered with his new nephew, introducing him any and all that passed by. Although his previous behavior had been verging on inexcusable, Alaric had to admit that having someone so much older than he, showing pride in his mere presence, was rather endearing. He had always wondered what it would be like to have a father-- someone who looked at him the way Alexander was now. The last thing he wanted to do was get sentimental, but it was obvious that the King was very excited to have his sister in the castle. He didn't speak much about her, but Alaric knew he had questions. Mostly because he was brimming with the same. No one had spoken much about the past when he was a child. All he knew of what had occurred before his birth was what Olivera had left in the chest they had taken from her home after her death. In honesty, he didn't even know how the witch died.

"Your Majesty..." Alexander stopped what he was doing, his hands fumbling with the cups and plates, as he shooed away the help, deeming their assistance 'unnecessary' or 'incompetent'. Suddenly, his azure eyes left the table and he looked at Alaric with inquiry. "I'm curious to figure out more about my mother...she doesn't talk about anything that happened to her before my birth. And Olivera had only ever told me about Liam and Indigo, and their feud with the Keeper." He did recalled him speaking about losing his father recently, but legend told a much different story. Cavril had been in the underworld for at least one hundred years now.

"You aren't the only one with questions, kid." Alexander admitted, with a deep breath. "I think this is something we should all discuss once the food-- ARE YOU [******** KIDDING ME?" He growled turning to one of the maids, who placed a slightly dingy cup by the side of one of the plates that the King had strategically placed on the clothed surface. "Try again." He snapped, flinging the cup across the room. It was meant to hit the door, but it seemed someone-- er rather, something was standing it's way. Alaric had seen many things in his day. But this was a rarity. This creature stood like a man, but had the wings of a bird and eyes amber like hot coals.

The cup bounced right off his forehead and hit the ground. He looked blankly down at it, before his eyes found that of Alaric's. The bird nodded his head respectfully, but the captain found himself rather amused by how quickly he had put aside the fact that he had just been assaulted by flying kitchenware. "Are you alright, lad?" He asked with a chuckle, unable to help himself.

"Oh yes, quiet alright." He replied simply, albeit there was no sign on his face that he understood the situation to be humorous. "I just needed to speak with his highness for a moment."

"No." Alexander replied simply, having moved on from the table to the flowering and decorations that surrounded it.

"But Sir, it is of great importance."

"Remian, I do not 'ave time for what you deem important. My sister, and 'er nephew 'ave arrived and I need to make-- I want...everything to be prefect. Which means, you should to go dive out of your chamber window and save me the trouble of killing you."

Alaric's eyes widened, and he held back more laughter, surprised by this conversation. He wondered how this boy was related to the King. He was like nothing the captain had ever seen, and spoke with such a level of intelligence and elegance that it made him wonder if he too was royalty. "I am not allowed at breakfast as well?" Remian asked, his eyes becoming sad. And suddenly Alaric felt stricken with dejection as well. He reminded him of Jolly. The man missed his young friend dearly.

"I don't even want you in the castle. But your 'ere. Aren't you?"

"I am...sorry about taking your daughter out when you forbade it. I just...I love her."

"YES! I KNOW THAT REMIAN. You 'ave made it clear." Alexander snapped, glaring at him over his shoulder. "What is it you need to talk to me about? I 'ope that wasn't it."

Remian hesitated with a response. "No, I--"

"I'm done. Just. Later. After breakfast."

The bird swallowed hard. "I was not aware you had a sister. Victoria seemed to allude to the fact that...your sister was dead."

Alaric winced, knowing this conversation was about to turn into a fist fight. Alexander turned to reprimand him, but the captain was quick raising a hand to hold him back. "I'll take him out. You finish up here."

Remian sighed heavily, obviously exasperated with himself, as Alaric took his by the arm and led him out of the dinning area and into the hallway. They ascended the stairs together before the creature opened his mouth to speak. "He is not very fond of me."

"I can see that." Alaric replied with a smirk, patting him on the back. The boy was huge, several inches taller than he, and even the King. And yet, he was timid as a mouse. "Are you...courting his daughter? You're another royal?"

"I am in love with her, yes. She is my shinning star."

Alaric frowned, his smile melting from his face very quickly. He wasn't fond of romantic talk such as this. Not with another man at least. "Then you're a prince?"

"I am naught but a phoenix spirit."

The captain almost choked on his own spit. "Truly fascinating!" He said with a hearty laugh, slamming his hand down on his shoulder and tuning him to look at him. He was wanted to take in the sight for himself. There were surely many mysteries in this castle. "I have only heard of such in tales as a child."

Remian offered a ghost of a smile. "I have just laid two eggs."

Once again, he was left speechless. "..."

"And I wanted to tell the King, for they will hatch to become his grandchildren." He paused. "I am sorry, how rude of me. What is your name?"

Alaric shook his head. "Wait? What?" He took a step back. "You laid a bloody egg?"

"Well...there was no blood surprisingly. It actually came out of mouth."

"And they will turn out to be like you...human and...bird?"

"Only if the Princess fertilizes them."

His mind was blown. "Surely you should be talking to her."

"I am afraid."

Alaric couldn't help but smile, as he reached up and patted his face roughly. "Let's go."

"Oh no. I could not have her do that without her father's permission."

"He wants to murder you, lad. I think it's better to beg his forgiveness than to ask his permission."

Remian expression turned contemplative. "Perhaps."

Eventually the two found their way upstairs, where Victoria was seen running through corridors, obviously looking for someone. Alaric assumed that someone was the phoenix at his side. So he left them to talk, without asking where his mistress or mother were. Instead, he tracked down a maid, and inquired about getting a glass of water and some pillows. With all that was going on, he was still concerned about Estelle. She had done an abundant of walking to get here. And although he knew nothing about pregnancy, her health was always on his mind.

Soon, he arrived with the glass, and pillows under his arms, and slammed on the door with his foot-- as his hands were full. Inside, Soarina was thanking Belva for all her hospitality. She was excited about spending time with her brother, but still unaware that Silas had gone with be Liam. "This room is lovely. The bed is more than enough for three. We'll all stay here...if I ever get Sophie back from your wonderful son and beautiful future daughter in law."

The Queen was stunning, and beyond courteous. The way she loved Alexander seemed to seep out of her from every pore. And she looked forward to being loved that way. She eased Estelle down on the bed and moved to Belva, embracing her without much warning. "I have always wondered what it would be like to wear something as lovely as what you have on. And for my first breakfast with Alexander, I'd like nothing more than to try on everything in your closet." She almost screeched with joy, before the door flew open, and revealed Alaric standing there beneath the threshold rather oddly.

"Do you know how to knock!?" She growled. "Someone could have been naked."

The captain grinned immediately, his eyes darting over the room as if he wanted to catch his mistress in such a state. "These...and this...well all this..." He fumbled with his words, his pale face turning red. "Is Estelle in here?"

In the meantime, things were even more awkward between Remian and Victoria. He wasn't sure what to say to her. And to make things worse, Alexander had made it quite clear that he wasn't ready to bury the hatchet. He was however, prepared to use it-- to cut the poor bird's heart out. The idea of twins would be enough to set the King off. And he feared his chances of being with the Princess would be slim to none. Yet, Ronan was still in his chambers crying over the birth. And he knew it would mean a lot to the dragon to have a second chance at raising children. Not only that, but now his own mind was wondering to places it shouldn't. He thought about reading to them at night, and sending them off to school-- even teaching them to fight as his mother had. There was a part of him, that wanted to be a father. "I...owe you an apology--"

His eyes fell to her dress and he was momentarily left speechless. "You are not in your usual attire." He observed with a smile. "You look very lovely."

Remian reached for her hand, knowing he was likely about to receive another lashing. Victoria was not much different from Alexander. She had a great a temper. "I have been hiding something from you." He breathed with a sigh. "Please, this way."

Silently, with his head down, he led her to his room and opened the door, revealing Ronan on his knees at the golden bedside. His father immediately glanced over his shoulder his eyes still puffy with tears as he ran his hand over the sheet to show her the two tiny eggs-- that would eventually grow and hatch into two small babies. "Twins Tori...you're going to have twins..."

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Victoria’s search for Remian was growing all the more desperate with the passing of the hour. The remark she’d made in regards to him having possibly flown away had merely been in jest. But now as she continued to rummage through each of the rooms laid out on either side of the castle’s corridors, she was beginning to fear that such was no longer a possibility, but reality. And so in her urgency Victoria continued bombarding in on servants cleaning the rooms, looking under beds, checking closets, hidden passage ways, only to find that Remian was nowhere to be found. Several times she had asked Bishop if he had seen the phoenix but it would seem that he too had been on the receiving end of the man’s distant behavior. She was beginning to fear that he’d fallen ill. However there was one place she had not bothered to check and although as unlikely as it was that the bird had wandered up there Victoria thought it best just to make sure… Just in case. ”Hello?” The room was quiet. Dark as usual but seemingly much colder than it had been the last time she had stepped foot here. The bottoms of her shoes clacked against the stone floor as the princess cautiously approached only to hear a loud crunch as she proceeded forward. Looking down, she realized that the floor was littered with glass. Reflective shards that served to show thousands of terrified versions of her face as she came to realize where they’d come from. And in her rage, she ran to the other side of the room. There before her stood a tall frame draped in a red satin curtain. What lay beneath it was something she had grown up looking at every day and in return, she had seen the face of her grandfather looking back at her. But now…. Now a cold breeze brushed the curtain and caused it to indent in the middle where the solid surface of the mirror should have been. And as she tugged back on the fabric and ripped it away from the wall, she understood why…. Smashed. The last remnant of her grandfather had been smashed shattered into all oblivion and scattered across the floor without so much as a care as to who found it this way. Hurt befell her as she knelt down amongst the shards, plucking one up and caressing it in the center of her palm before glancing up at the now barren frame. Why anyone in her family would think to do such a thing was beyond her. But she was determined to find out who it was.

”Remian?” Still no sign of him. After having departed from the tower Victoria had pocketed the mirror shard and resumed her search for the phoenix only to discover that as she finished searching what surely must have been the five hundredth room that morning, she was without so much as a glimpse of the man. It was almost as if he’d vanished completely. Not only that, but his father was nowhere to be found as well. Had they both gone? Had Andromeda stolen them away in the middle of the night? Victoria’s heart began to race at the mere thought of having lost the man she loved to such circumstances and was on the brink of fleeing to her father for comfort only to turn around and find him standing before her along side Captain Alaric. Immediately her eyes lit up and a smile pressed at the corners of her lips as she jogged towards the pair, watching as the pirate departed and left the two in the hall alone. ”I’ve been looking all over for you! I was afraid you’d gone away! Where have you been?” Victoria wasn’t nearly as upset as she was relieved but such feelings were immediately deterred as he opened his mouth in confession to having kept a secret from her. The princess looked down as his hand clasped her own and by the grave tone in his voice…. She couldn’t help but conjure thoughts of her own. He was behaving oddly. And for the past week it had almost seemed as if he’d been avoiding her… Remian’s family did not have ties with her own that did not come without heartache and so in her panic she was led to believe that perhaps it was Remian who had broken the mirror. The thought immediately made her heart sink and Victoria’s brow knit together in worry as he began to lead her back down the hall in which she had come from, moving towards the stairwell that led up to her grandfather’s room……

But instead of leading her up the winding steps he instead continued onward, past the stairway, down the hall, through another corridor, and back to his room where he opened the door to reveal Ronan hunched over Remian’s bed. ”What’s wrong? Is he ill?” But Ronan only turned, his eyes red and swollen as his hand gestured back towards the bed. Victoria looked at Remian curiously before moving to approach only to find that what lay upon them were two fragile pearl like eggs. Both of which glistened beneath the light and shown like stars. It was then that the dragon spoke. And what he said sent her reeling back in shock. Twins? Me? But how?!?!?” She looked to Remian in stunned silence as she sought confirmation of this before then cautiously approaching the bed once more, her hands brushing over the smooth surface of the eggs as she climbed up onto the bed and carefully sat before them with her legs crossed and scooped up the gems into the palms of her hands. Her breath shook and the pounding in her chest intensified as she felt the warmth from within spread up her arms. There was life from within. She could feel it. She didn’t know how it happened…. Nor why…. But in that moment she didn’t care. Young or not, these were children. She had never before thought of the possibility that she could be a mother nor did she think it to be so soon….. But she realized then that if such were to happen then she wouldn’t want it to be with anyone other than Remian. This here…. This was her future. This was her family. Victoria’s eyes sprouted tears at the thought and she looked over at the phoenix with a loving gaze. ”Remi…. I’m going to be a mommy….. We’re going to be parents!”

On the other side of the castle however, the miracle of life wasn’t nearly as beautiful. Estelle was still ill and although hungry, the idea of a heavy breakfast wasn’t sitting well with her stomach. And so as soon as the three had reached the guest chamber, she moved for the silken sheets and enveloped herself beneath the bedding where she immersed herself in the luxuries of the royal lifestyle, herding all the cushions around her until she was nestled tightly between them and hiding away from the rest of the world whilst Belva and Estelle continued their discussion. Already the two women were getting along fairly well and she couldn’t help but smile as Soarina practically oozed excitement. Such an expression was mirrored onto the queen as well as she accepted the woman’s embrace happily. Belva had never had the pleasure of having a mother, nor a sister. Most of her life had been spent around men and although she had birthed a daughter, the older Victoria had become, the more adventurous and less interested in ribbons, dolls, and gowns she’d become. It was by sheer luck that Remian’s presence had pushed the young woman to so much as consider wearing such attire as normally the traditional elfin attire would have suited her just find. To discover that Soarina wished to dress as Belva did….. that was more than enough to send the queen whirring with all the possible gowns she could get her in. ”Oh absolutely! I’ll have them brought immediately! Oh you’ll look absolutely gorgeous. Even more so than you do now, if that is at all possible. I can’t remember the last time I’ve-“ Just then the bedroom door came flying open with miraculous force, stunning Belva and causing her heart to skip as her entire body froze, her hands flying to her chest as she sought to calm the drum beneath her rib cage and waiting several moments longer before she was able to will herself to turn around. There in the doorway stood Alaric. His arms filled to the brim with cushions and a glass of water just barely visible in his palm. Estelle stirred at the sound of her captain’s voice and fought her way through the layers upon layers of bedding and cushions before her head was able to pop out, exposing a messy mop of hair and causing her to begin frantically pushing it out of her face as she moved to look around the two women to see him. ”Oh your highness, I don’t recall you having said anything of hiring attractive help…. Over here gorgeous.” She teased, unable to hide her smile as she watched his redden face scan the room. He was uncomfortable. And he had come to check on her. Such was not something she would have thought him willing to do so openly and so she was more than happy to accept whatever company he was willing to offer, leaving all that he had said prior momentarily forgotten.

O U T F I T
        User Image
                                                                                        • User Image
                                                                                          ◥ ◤
                                                                                          Alaric would have been happy to see his mistress with her clothes off for the first time, but he was just as relieved to see that she wasn't letting the pregnancy put a damper on her wit.

His mother hastily passed him by to exit with Belva in tow, her thin arm wrapped in that of the Queen's excitedly-- as he entered the chamber, allowing the door to close behind him, whilst he fumbled with what was in his hands. Alaric approached the side of the bed Estelle wasn't on, and let the pillows fall from underneath his arms, before then moving around to her side of the bed where he made note that she was well accommodated. This was much better than the cot they slept on aboard the Sea Dragon. Indeed they had shared his bed many times, and she had never complained, but in seeing the luxury that surrounded them, he had an inkling that she likely missed her lavish lifestyle. Luckily, he didn't have to worry about her comfort here. She was in good hands.

"You look..." Alaric cleared his throat realizing that Estelle was not only pale, but her hair was a bit all over the place. In a way, it was endearing. He should have been use to seeing her out of sorts, especially given the situation he rescued her from. Lately however, it seemed she had been taking great pride in the way she looked. She often did her hair, and wore the best clothes his closet had to offer-- even put on makeup. It made him wonder if she actually liked to get dressed up; perhaps it was what she was use to when she worked in the castle back in Moriel.

Alaric knew about courtship and how it worked. And he was well aware that she was having a baby and that she would be ill often. But part of him, as he looked down on her...wanted to at least try to take her out some where proper. On the ship they never got a moment alone, and despite knowing a good deal about her life, there was so much more to learn. In a place like this she had the opportunity to wear a gown again, and be a lady. Certainly there was no harm in him attempting to be a gentlemen? Right? His men were far from here, and the ones that actually counted were dead. He didn't want to lose Estelle as well.

"You look like a bundle of nerves, lass." He smirked mischievously. "I did not want to come up here empty handed, so just in case you-- vomit all over these, you have those." He jerked his head toward the pillows he'd brought. "Hopefully the lad will just...pop out of there soon."

Alaric was obviously uncomfortable. In a place like this, the man was completely out of his element. And he didn't know how to behave without the waves beneath him. This wasn't the Sea Dragon, this was another man's territory-- he was merely a visitor. "I have to admit, it's strange to see you this way." He immediately eased the pressure that a moment like this brought, and raised his hand to pat her head, pushing her hair out of her face with a grin. "Not that I was concerned about you-- more worried about myself. I'm still waiting on my reward." Alaric winked at her playfully. "Nine months is a long time. But I'm as patient as I am handsome."

Removing his hand from her hand he offered it to her, face up. "King Helios is expecting us all downstairs. We should hurry. And for the love of the gods, find a comb for your hair."

◥ ◤

In meantime, Soarina found herself in the quarters of the King and Queen themselves. She was in awe the chamber Belva shared with Alexander, and couldn't wait to put on an elegant dress for the first time in many years. As a young girl she had been born to a Queen, and was adorned in brilliants colors and paraded about the castle. She remembered bits and pieces of her childhood and how her brother's would dote upon her.

Alexander was different now, but surely no less lovable. His heart was hardened by the past, but how could she blame him? His father had taken her powers, and her own father had known she lived with no plan of retrieving her. Regardless of all Olivera had done, Soarina knew that she owed the woman her life. Yes, she had been the one to take her powers, but had it not been her, Cavril would have found someone else to do it; and they might not have had any reason to keep her alive. No, she was nothing but a pawn to Olivera. However this...this made it all worth it.

There was a brief moment that Soarina's jovial mood dissipated, as she was made to think about Alaric. He was a beautiful sight. And every time she laid her eyes upon him she wanted to burst with joy. But it wasn't just that. Soarina was reminded of a very passionate night she spent in the garden with a mysterious man...one she later found was Ares. The husband her son had spoke of her having ten years ago, was merely the god of war in disguise, sending him on his mission to fulfill his purpose. For Soarina was not capable of loving another. And never would be.

"So...you and Alexander have quite a story." She said, perking up as she moved around the room, running her hand over every smooth and shiny surface-- collecting dust and making memories. "Falling in love is a strange thing. It seems like everyone does it differently." Soarina looked at Belva with a smile, trying to cheer herself up the best she could, and keep from talking about how much she missed her own lover. "I am quite sure that my son has a thing for Estelle. It's surprising, but romance can scare off even the most fearless pirate the world has ever seen..."

◥ ◤

Remian felt his heart grow in his chest upon seeing his eggs in the palm of the Princess. For even in a hand as small as hers, they seem to settle and shimmer just as bright. Tears had formed her eyes, as she announced what was obvious, but had yet to be said; for he wasn't just going to be a father, but she was going to be a mother-- and together, they would be parents to not one, but two babies.

Yet Remian was all but overwhelmed. Surely he was afraid of what Alexander would think when it was revealed to him. But right now, he was just happy to see that Victoria was in no way rejecting the gift the gods had given them. Unfortunately, it wasn't just the King he had to worry about. His mother was here somewhere, likely avoiding Ronan, who the young bird believed was starting to make the woman a bit soft. None could forget that it was the dragon who had saved her from death and protected her for hundreds of years. By no fault of his own did Andromeda begin to see him like a brother-- but that was not what he had ever wanted to be.

After finding happiness of his own, Remian was starting to wish that his mother could see her life was far from over. She had a chance at true love. Sadly, his mother was just as stubborn as Victoria's father, souls or not-- this situation with Ronan likely would always go unresolved; that is unless, someone spoke up about the secret that Ha'an had kept all these years. Remian did not want to go behind his grandfather's back, but with everything that was happening, he couldn't continue to live this lie. His father, his real father, wanted to be in the lives of these children after they hatched, and in consideration all he had done for him-- being the only one that ever told him the truth-- the bird refused to deny him.

"Did you tell him?" Ronan asked, clearing his throat, his eyes only leaving the eggs for a moment. It was as if he thought they might simply disappear into thin air when he wasn't looking.

"The King is wrapped up in other affairs. It is probably best I wait to tell him about this." He said softly, not wanting to mention how incredibly rude Alexander had been. Not only would it make his father lose what was left of his mind, but he didn't want to upset the woman he loved. He was well aware of how strongly she felt about the elf. And to tell her that they would likely never get along, was probably enough to break her heart. Remian would simply keep trying to appeal to him the best he could. Albeit, after this news they would probably have to be separated by an impenetrable wall for a few years. But time was something he had plenty of. He would not waste it.

"Victoria." He said, having a seat next to her on his bed. Under the golden reflection of the walls, her skin was flawless, her eyes were sparkling, and skin was glowing. Remian felt like he was in the presence of an angle, and it was hard for him to address all that was going through his mind without getting lost in her insurmountable beauty. "I am a great deal older for you, and much better prepared for something like this. I do not want you to feel pressured..." He took her free hand and brought it into his lap. "To hatch these eggs, you will first need to give them a drop of your blood. And then, we will have to care for them until they grow and hatch. It could take years, months...or just days."

Ronan got up from where he sat by the bed, and moved toward the door, calling over his shoulder before he vanished into the hallway, "Mr. Pantiesinatwist will be expecting us soon. Don't be long, or he'll set the castle on fire. And no more baby making! Two is enough for now."

Remian couldn't help but smile, nodding his head timidly, but didn't speak again until he was gone. "If we decided to raise these, Victoria...I would..." The young bird felt his heart jump into his throat. "Then I think we should marry. It may not be my tradition, but I would like you to be an honest woman." He slipped off the bed then, still holding her hand as he fell onto his knees before her. The bird's amber eyes found her gaze shyly, as he ran his other hand over his chest and spread his wings. He was sweaty already, without even having gotten her answer yet. "Victoria Helios. Will you marry me?"
User Image
User Image
                                It was close to noon, and the sun was high over the peaceful city of Sonitus. It seemed that with all that was going on outside the great stone walls, the people were still oblivious to all that was bound to happen. The fact that their the King kept his people blind to their true enemy, was the exact reason Liam was able to pass freely in and out of the Kingdom with the blessing of the guards.

Alexander was a prideful man, who wasn't ready to admit that his hold on the very person he had closest to him had somehow managed to slip. Silas was now leading Helena, sitting upon a throne, respected by those around him-- allowing Liam to do his own dirty work in the meantime. There was a alliance that had been made many weeks ago-- one that the warlock needed to make sure still held true. He had left a message that night when he came to retrieve his son, for that traitor to meet him on this day at one of the pubs in the Market Square.

Despite the rather warm weather, Liam was shrouded beneath a rare indigo colored material as he entered the tavern, only to find that his guest had already arrived and gone. As he paddled through the sea of happy drunken commoners, he eventually came to run his thin tanned fingers over the surface of the wooden table where they were to meet, only to then slip his hand underneath and find a note taped to it. Liam let his eyes fall onto the scribbled words, and immediately exited the establishment making his way out into the ally.

There was a small patch of woods that ran through Sontius, and it just so happened to connect right to the cobblestone path. Soon the warlock found himself surrounded by trees, and coming up on two figures in the distance. One could not be distinguished from this distance, but the other burned bright as a star in the night sky. He did not approach them with great speed, for fear that this might be a trap, but when Ha'an removed his hood, it was made clear to Liam that the only reason he had requested they meet in the woods was to conceal Andromeda. Although he had not made an alliance with this woman, she was the lover of the elf. And therefore, he decided it best not to complain. As long as they had come with good news, he would be sated.

"This was not where we agreed to meet, old boy." He said with a devious grin, removed the hood of his cloak as well, and revealing a mop of unkempt caramel pigmented hair. His voice was light, but Liam was tired. His battled with Trovalos had left him weak and vulnerable. He would not be able to magic for at least three more days.

"Well I can't very well parade this one around without turning a few heads." Ha'an replied, his hand holding that of the phoenix's. She wore an indifferent look on her face, her eyes borrowing into Liam with obvious distaste.

"I see." He replied matter of factually, giving a small nod of his head. "Have you thought about the offer?"

"I have."

"I don't like it." Andromeda replied, meek in the presence of the man she loved.

"This is not about his heart, but his body. Deamos has made it clear that you get the dagger, if you successfully charm the Queen."

"Which means getting close to her. And we already know she is a cheating whore. I do not want her hanging all over what is mine."

Ha'an said nothing, his expression showing no disagreeance. "Moreover, she seems very happy with the elf she's married to. Why would she find interest in another?"

Andromeda scoffed. "Do not compare yourself to that man. He is no better than his father, Cavril."

"Then appeal to her another way." Liam chimed with a fake smile, trying to keep the conversation from veering off.

"What other way?"

"Do you want your grandson dead or not!?" His smile vanished when he snapped, suddenly fed up with the stupidity of these two.

Andromeda breathed at the mention of Remian. She loved her son, but she loved Ha'an more. He was the reason she decided to allow Ronan to fertilize the egg in the first place. She wanted her lover to be happy, and nothing had changed. The story Ha'an had fed to his son about wanting children was a lie. He merely desired a phoenix birth so that he may consume it's life force once he it fully mature and gain it's years. The dagger that Liam had taken Alaric could kill a Phoenix; for it was forged by Cavril in the underworld for Olivera to use on the warlock. Andromeda had known all along that her son belonged to Ronan, and that Ha'an was indeed the dragon's father. She knew all along that Remian would die. But because she was lonely she had gotten attached.

"Use that weakness against her. If she only wants Alexander's happiness, then make her think he is unhappy."

"I have come to believe that he wants another child."

"Is that something she cannot provide?" Liam asked.

"That seems to be the case."

The warlock grinned. "Good. Then make up the charm and have her take it. Remember she has to take it of her own free will, or it won't work."

"And that will make her love Daemos again?"

"Essentially it brings back old flames yes. It will conflict her. You see, Daemos only wish is to see Alexander suffer."

"How do we know you'll give us what we want?"

"This deal is not one you make with me. It one you make with the Keeper. And he cannot break those deals, he bound by Hades to do as he says he will."

"Very well...give me the potion." Ha'an replied, holding out his hand for the vile.

"One more thing," Liam said, reaching into the pocket of his jacket. "My grandson Alaric, is very powerful. More so than anyone you will ever meet. Do not let him become curious of your intentions. It may be best to distract him with a woman..." He removed a pouch of coins. "Make sure she is paid well."

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Belva was thrilled that Soarina was so accepting of her as she knew just how important this woman was to Alexander. And now, to the queen as well. Soarina had been a part of their lives since the moment Belva had met the elf and although he had not spoken of her openly for a great deal of that time, she knew that it was the guilt of having led his sister into harms way that plagued him for years past. To have her here with them now was a blessing. And the queen planned on making her as comfortable as possible, for as long as possible. ”Sometimes it takes that very same fearlessness to fall in love in the first place. Your son is a brave man. I can only assume he has learned as much from his mother. It seems your family has a tendency to breed heroes.” She said with a smile and sat down atop the vanity beside the wardrobe. ”Love has trials of its own. But in the end, it overcomes. There is a bond built between those who endure. It’s a powerful thing. And when true, it becomes unbreakable. Your son and Estelle seem fairly new to such feelings but I have a sense that what they feel for one another will bring surprises of its own. They might find out more about themselves than they do each other as the latter can only come with time…” Speaking of such things openly seemed to put Belva’s mind in a thought provoked, peaceful place. One of which she hadn’t been able to return to for some time since the passing of Cavril. The castle was filled with grief. But being around those experiencing the first stages of affection for one another…. It helped to ease the pain. Even more so it reminded her of how much she adored Alexander and still did to this day. Her feelings for him had never faltered. It was something she took great pride in as such could not be said for her first marriage. ”I know I certainly did.”

The evening’s meal came quicker than anticipated and although bustling with excitement there was a grand majority that arrived at the table early, while others came at a later pace. The latter being Victoria who had, after an extended moment of tearful agreement and embrace, dressed in an elegant gown and did the best of her ability to sooth her red eyes. She had accepted Remian’s offer without hesitation, fertilized their eggs, and was now swarmed with emotions of adoration for the man as she took a seat beside him. There was a lifetime ahead of her. One that held promise of marriage and children and although the last was said to come at any time, she could not help but feel just as ecstatic as any other expecting mother might have. It was true, she was young. And Remian was far more experienced in life and prepared to take on the responsibilities of a father. But there was no one else she could ever see herself with nor experience the miracle of parenthood. This was a gift from the gods. And she would not waste it. Their children. It was their children. How could she possibly love them any less? Yes, it wasn’t a traditional conception. And there was a part of her that envied Estelle in being able to know what her child was going through. To feel her baby develop and form a bond with them through the course of the nine months it would take for the child to be born. But she had faith that her relationship with her children would be just as strong. And their love for them, just as deep. Then there was the avoidance of whatever else plagued a woman bearing a child physically. For the most part, Remian had bore the worst of it and Victoria was still ashamed for having assumed the worst merely due to his sudden absence. Had she known…. Well she was certain she would have done everything in her power to make sure he knew that he was comfortable.

However, such was not a problem for Estelle. For already Alaric was proving to be an apt partner who was ready to support her even before she need ask. Her doubts before on whether the man cared had immediately dissipated. Her faith had been restored and after having seen him off she too had readied herself for the evening ahead. The queen had been more than accommodating, providing her guests with clothing of all sorts. Estelle had chosen a gown not unlike her highness in elegance but in a far more subtle matter. The colors were of natural shades of green and highlighted by a plum like color which ran in a strip down the bodice to the hem of the dress. It was light, loose, and most importantly, comfortable. Which was likely the reason contributing to the smile on Estelle’s face as she looked across the table at their hosts. That, or the abundance of smells wafting from the kitchen. Eager was by all means a wonderful cook by all standards but this…. This was certainly to be a meal adequate enough for the gods. The fairy had dined with royalty. But never had she seen such detail and time put into a room like the one they were now sitting in. The walls and cloth were lined with crimson and the plates that sat before them were that of the finest glass and cutlery she had ever laid eyes upon. It was extravagant. It was magnificent! It was- ”A bit much for a meal, don’t you think?” Belva smiled at her daughter who practically glowed from across the table. There was no sarcasm in her tone as there would have been usually and the pink of her cheeks told of unspoken secrets. If that didn’t give it away, the grin she bore did. The princess was oozing with excitement. ”Your father’s work, actually. It’s beautiful isn’t it? I’ve never seen a room glow as brightly as this.” Victoria looked surprised, leading Estelle to believe that it was not natural for the king to behave as he was in a normal setting. But nonetheless, she agreed with her mother. ”Undeniably so. But then again isn’t such with everything he touches?” Belva’s brow rose in surprise before letting out a laugh and nodding. It seemed that spirits couldn’t at all be lighter. Today was a day for celebration in every aspect of the word. All were experiencing some of the most memorable moments of their lives and were more than happy to share as much with those around them…… Unfortunately….. There were those who knew the evening wouldn’t be all that was hoped to be.

Bishop had grown oddly silent in the presence of his family and although such was not unusual for someone with thoughts often lay heavy on his mind, Victoria knew that there was something he was not saying. He was calm. Almost dismissive as he averted his attention from the others and offered Sophie a small smile as he pulled a chair out for her and his bride to be and took a seat himself thereafter. But she had lived with him far too long to dismiss such normalcy immediately. He could not fool her. Of course, she too was not without her share. She knew that her and Remian would need to announce their engagement as well as the possibility that they may be with children, twins at that, as early as the next morning. To keep such a secret from a father would leave the man feeling betrayed. And he would think just as much if he were to awake to find her holding the children of the phoenix without having notified him of their existence to begin with. She was hoping that the presence of their guests and more importantly, Soarina, would soften the blow for Remian’s sake as well as her father’s. But such had never stopped the king from giving way to outbursts in the past. And then there was the matter of the mirror…… Another thing she had yet to address. The glass had gathered dust and it was likely that the destruction of it had happened well before the arrival of Alaric and his crew. Therefore, he was not to blame. Remian was beyond suspicion as she knew the man wouldn’t do such a thing purposefully without telling her. He was not someone to take his anger out on those around him, instead hiding it inside. Which lead her to believe it was by other means that her grandfather’s mirror had been shattered. It was important to her that she found out who had done it. Out of respect for him, and the rest of their family.

O U T F I T

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff