Welcome to Gaia! ::

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
          User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Estelle had already known that in consenting to trade a life on shore for one by Alaric’s side she had agreed to give up all she knew for salty tides, the sound of gulls, the occasional storm, and foul mouthed company. But surprisingly she awoke to none of these. No, not even the warmth of the sun caressing her cheek could stir the woman as she slept snug against the captain. But the hand of a god…. Now that was a warmth completely of its own….. It wasn’t until she heard his voice that Estelle realized she had been discovered. And after having neglected to awaken before dawn in order to slip out of the captain’s room undetected, the only one she could blame was herself. A groan escaped the fairy as she felt for the bedding in an attempt to pull it over her head but froze as his hand slid down to her shoulder. Her eyes pried open sleepily to stare back at him with a narrowed gaze but almost immediately widened as the man’s arm slipped beneath her own and entangled around her waist as he pulled her close. The proximity between them was enough to make Estelle’s heart race as she stared back at the man with a stunned expression. But she did not fight him. Instead she felt somewhat lulled by his touch despite the smugness in his tone as he went on to make mention of her attire, his eyes lustful and making her weak beneath stare as he suggested she find something more fitting once they made port. ”Oh really? And here I was thinking the only thing that mattered to you was what lay beneath. But who am I to deny a captain. Especially one willing to part with his coin for the sake of clothing me proper.” She croaked and rubbed her eyes just as Alaric was leaning in. Again, she found herself frozen beneath his touch. Her arm falling limp atop his own as she was pressed against him and felt the softness of his lips press unto her forehead. Her face flushed a bright red and her eyes closed as the hum of his voice rolled over her skin. And for moment, there was peace between them. In her mind, this was confirmation. It was acceptance. Whatever it was that she was feeling for this man, it was real. And he felt it too.

Sadly such things could never last as even in the confines of the haven provided by the four walls around them, they were never alone. Their thoughts haunted them just as strongly as any other entity and it wasn’t long before Alaric voiced his disapproval of her being in his bedroom…. Of being with him whilst he slept. For a split second Estelle could have sworn her heart stopped as she looked back up at him with confusion and an unreasonable amount of hurt in her expression. Had she been wrong? Did he not feel the same? No… No not even a man as experienced with women as he could fake this. But still there was a degree of sincerity in his voice that startled her and before she could properly contemplate her actions, she sat up. Her body was propped up on one arm as she looked down at him with a furrowed brow in an attempt to determine what it was the captain meant in suggesting that he not get between her and the father of her child. ”A ruse…..” She didn’t like how she felt when reflecting upon that portion of his statement. It left her stomach in knots and her head clouded with bitterness. It was not at all the way she wanted to address this. Surely he didn’t mean it. The man was thick skulled in such matters. He did not know what it was she felt….. But was that to say he wasn’t speaking for himself? Was this his way of rejecting her? If so, she would have none of it. Either he told her the truth of how he felt without hiding behind preconceived assumptions or he said nothing to her at all. And honestly she wasn’t sure she was prepared for either.

”Alaric….. If such were a ruse, do you think I would be here now? I see no audience within these four walls, nor eyes to judge me by my relationship with you, if you can even call it that…… What happened between me and Caspian was well over a year and nine months ago. And that’s where it stays. I left him. I did not tell him of my pregnancy nor if I ever intended to return to Nithrill because I didn’t want to. What happened between us was brief. And if I’d had a choice I can’t say that I would have wanted for our relationship to have resulted in a child. But the gods blessed me with that baby boy. And I abandoned him. I’m led to believe that…. he did not live the life he deserved. I’ve made so many mistakes in the past, Alaric. So many and I can only pray that the gods forgive me for every last one of them. But that’s all they were. Mistakes. And I’m trying to do better by them now. This child…” She paused and sat upright with her legs crossed before reaching down and taking Alaric’s hand to press to her stomach. ”Yes. He is Caspian’s. But not in the way that you think. I did not lie to you at the inn. I have not slept with a single man since having parted from the prince before my attempt on his life. This baby is of means in which… in which I cannot tell you. Not now…… I have never put on a ruse. Not for you, not for Caspian, and certainly not for any man on this ship. And it is because I fear none. They were not put here to judge me on my worth as I have not given them permission to. But you...” She gently retracted his hand from her and laced her hand with her other in her lap as they face upward, looking down at her palms and proceeding to continue with her confession. Last night such words would have frightened her. But she knew now that if she did not put herself out there… If she did not let him know that her motives were her own and not for the sake of others he would never take her advances, nor her, seriously. And she wanted this to be serious. As dangerous and as wrong as such might have been to desire, she wanted to share these feelings with him and for him to be willing to do the same… Even if it was not as his father had intended for her to do.

”I’ve given you the opportunity to do so. Because whereas anyone else’s opinion means nothing to me, as had your own at the beginning of our time together, I’ve learned to…. Appreciate things about you that I would have otherwise written off. You’ve opened up to me about your past, your mother, your life. And I feel- No I want to do the same for you. And I want you to know that the way I feel and how I express myself towards you truly has nothing to do with your men. For they are just that. Men. And you’ve come to be of much greater importance to me than to disrespect you with the fallacies of a ruse out of self preservation. I have a purpose here. And it’s not to put on a show for your crew. So if you wish to ask something of me, then do so in knowing I will not lie to you. Because I’m not afraid. And I have nothing to hide.”

O U T F I T
                                                                              {Out.Of.Cupcakes: }
User Image

Artist Page ~ I do not own these pics. Aenaluck does.
User Image
                                      Alaric feared that he had offended her. Yes, he had thought of her as his property, but now his eyes were opened to her worth-- and he wanted to flee from such a foolish mindset on swift wings.

His eyes watched her, as she sat up, and pulled away from his embrace-- leaving him feeling cold and empty. He didn't know if she was going to run from this cabin to never return, or find lashing out at him much more appealing. Whatever the case, he didn't not plan to lie in order to save his own skin. If she chose to hate him for being honest, then so be it. She had to know deep down that he thought disrespectfully of her when they had first met. Alaric desired that she see his opinion of her had changed. She wasn't merely something the gods had send for his glory, but to humble him as well. He felt different. And he knew now that Estelle had done something only his mother was able to do-- make him see when he was wrong without any effort.

Still, he found himself waiting with baited breath as she began to speak, only to be left bewildered by her initial question. He had no idea what she was getting at. As a matter of fact, he partially believed that even she was confused by her words. But as more of the story was revealed to him, it was as if a switch had been been flicked inside. Then suddenly, he understood. His crystal blue eyes narrowed with every syllable that passed her lips, whilst it became clearer and clearer to him that her pregnancy was one born of magic. He had grown up with a powerful witch, and he knew that nothing was beyond the grasp of a great sorcerer.

Alaric wondered if she had gone to one in the hopes of righting the wrong she had done when she gave away her son-- perhaps this was that very same one. It made sense that Caspian would be lurking the way he was. She admitted that it did belong to him, after all. Yet his heart was light under the assumption that there were no feelings present between the two, but merely a longing to be parents again. And for that, he could fault neither one. Although that alone did not change his distaste for the imp, it would however make his presence tolerable.

Moreover, it was made apparent that she had changed her mind-- had a change of heart-- when it came to her position of mistress. She saw favor in his opinion, and his rule; she thought him more than a man! And Alaric was suddenly overwhelmed with things he didn't even know he could feel. She was not just a woman, not just an angel, but something else entirely. This woman could see that he aspired to a god. And such was almost more than he could bear. He could not contain it!

Alaric swallowed, trying to fight his urge-- to allow her to finish before he acted. But there was only so much he could do-- so much he could say.... Estelle wanted to please him. And please him she had...please him she would. "There is no female more astute than you, lass." He said, a smirk playing his lips as he pushed his arm up under himself and sat up, his eyes shimmering with an oversupply of excitement that shook him to his very core. And in that moment, without warning he sprang upon her like a gazelle-- one that hadn't partook in the hunt for many years...

His arms slipped around her waist like water over the sand and his mouth found hers in a fury of fire that could consume an entire forest. The weight of his body collided against Estelle's small frame without regard for restraint and in that moment they were both tumbling backward. He twisted himself slightly as they fell from the bed onto the floor behind it; and his eyes pressed shut as his back hit the the ground, whilst they rolled toward the door of his bathroom.

Alaric was lost...lost in everything that she was. And he wanted...he wanted...oh for the love of the gods! The door came bursting open, with both Stout and Jolly bickering over a situation on deck. He groaned softly in response against of the lips of Estelle-- lips he did not want to let go of...not ever. His back was on the ground, and she was positioned on top of him as he pulled back and rested his head on the wooden floor boards of the cabin with a sigh. "Captain, none of the men are--" Stout paused, realizing that the man was not in his bed. And Jolly's face ran red with embarrassment as this was the second time he had interrupted their moment.

Sophie ran in unexpectedly directly afterward, her giggles filling the silence of the room as her small, bare feet pattered against the ground. She ran for the bed and dove on it, bouncing several times, before she crawled to the edge and looked on at the two wrapped up in one another. "You missed breakfast. Eager made it, it was wonderful!" The girl sang with a mischievous grin, as her eyes shifted to Estelle. "What's your name? You're very pretty..."

At this point, Stout knew that Alaric was beside himself with anger. He was only trying to spare his new daughter his rage. Jolly turned and immediately the left room, wanting to be no part of this. "Sir, I'm sorry. It is just that...none of the men will rouse. I fear you'll need to do it, or we won't make port by noon. There are hardly any hands on deck..."

Sophie nodded her head. "I was thinking I could have a dress like hers..." She smiled at Alaric. "Could she do my hair too?"

His anger evaporated, as he eased Estelle up and got to his feet. He had to admit that this child's smile, put him in a much better mood. Albeit, he was not fond of the idea of this style of dress rubbing off on her at such a young age. "Absolutely," He said patting her head as he passed her by to join Stout. "Not.... Instead, you can help Estelle get my chambers clean. When we make port, she'll get you something suitable to wear." With that he departed, his first mate in tow.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Estelle hadn’t known what to expect but it most certainly would not have been what happened next. For before even having a moment to respond to the captain’s brief statement, her body was propelled back by the sheer force of the man as he leapt from the sheets and collided with her. Their bodies were sent sailing over the edge of the bed and onto the floor as he took the blunt of their descent and landed beneath her. His arms wrapped around her waist like serpents and his lips pressed against her own with such passion and lust that such would have frightened even the most adulterous of gods. And she loved it. It was unexpected, shocking, bold, and in everyway as delightful as her feelings for him were. Already Estelle could feel her own arms entangling around the sides of the man’s face and in his hair as they rolled to a stop beside the bathing room doorway. Each fingertip twisting in his locks in a gentle caress, leaving her far too distracted to even make note of the dull thud of footsteps berating against the floorboards as Jolly and Stout approached. When the door swung open her reaction was delayed and in the intoxication of Alaric’s touch, she found herself unable to pull away for several moments even after the first mate had made his presence known. The captain seemed to find just as much displeasure in their interruption, groaning against her lips and sending a smile across her face despite the abrupt turn in events. It wasn’t long before the four were joined by another pair of pattering feet and Estelle turned in sudden embarrassment as Sophie plowed through the doorway and onto the bed, seemingly unbothered by the inappropriate stance her adoptive party had taken. The girl’s voice was sweet but in a manner that held secrets. It was something Estelle couldn’t help but find oddly charming about the child alongside her compliment on her part. She was energetic and smart as a whip. She quite liked that. ”Oh but of the two of us I can most certainly concur that it is you who is the beauty on this ship. I’m not at all surprised the captain was so eager to snatch you up! My name is Estelle. And yours is Sophie, right?” The fairy tried to hide the flustered look on her face as she peeled herself off of Alaric and scooted a short ways over to the bed where she might properly face the young girl without the distraction of a man beneath her, if only to make an already inappropriate situation less so.

Stout took the moment then to speak up and explain his intrusion and apologize on his behalf, but Estelle was far less concerned with the man’s trivial reasoning for having barged in due to what was clearly a case of heavily intoxicated men trying to sleep off a hang over. She’d seen as much before. And although not in such an abundant quantity, she was certain that the man’s worries weren’t as severe as he likely would have thought. Though it most certainly wouldn’t hurt to have an intimidating figure like Alaric help the men out of their beds. Even if an hour alone with the man had been ideal prior to having been interrupted. Still, it was hard not to give way to amusement with Sophie close at hand and Estelle couldn’t help but let out a chuckle as the girl inquired if she might wear attire similar to her own and have her hair done by her as well. Both of which suggestions were rejected as Alaric ruffled the girl’s hair and made way for the doorway after having helped Estelle off the floor, leaving the both of them with the task of cleaning his room which had been left in disarray after Estelle’s turmoil in finding a gown the night before. ”Don’t worry. ‘Suitable’ doesn’t have to mean boring. And we most certainly can’t have you feeling as if you’re without. It’s a shame I hadn’t the chance to meet you sooner, it would have given me a lot more time to get to know you better up to this point. But I suppose it’s never too late is it? Here.” Estelle patted a spot on the bed nearest the wardrobe so that the girl might have a seat and talk with her whilst she took care of the mess, not wanting the child to so much as touch such attire. In truth Estelle knew nothing when it came to conversing with children as her own son had been far too young to speak and the time she’d spent with him had been short lived. But if she were going to have a second chance at being a mother she figured it would be best to learn what she could now while she had the chance. And who better than to learn from than a child? ”I know that…. this life is a big change. Especially for someone so young. But I promise to help you feel as comfortable as possible. If there is anything you need and Alaric is not close by, if you feel comfortable enough, feel free to ask me. I admit I don’t have much experience with children…. Maybe I shouldn’t say that…. What I mean is that I uhm…..” Why was it so difficult? She didn’t want the girl to dislike her or think her unable to provide her with support should she need it. In fact there was something oddly endearing about Sophie that sought to bring out the mother in Estelle. Unfortunately she wasn’t quite sure how to grasp it and was left stumbling over her words as she folded up the gowns and placed them back into the bottom of Alaric’s wardrobe for safe keeping, hoping that nothing too obscene had caught the impressionable girl’s eye.

”I’m sorry. I know I’m not very good at this, am I? It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to talk to another young lady. I’m still a little rough around the edges. I think I’m getting old.” She said with a smile and set aside a new ensemble for the day ahead before moving on towards Sophie and kneeling down to her height. ”There’s going to be plenty of adventurous days ahead for you and I. And I know that this lot might not be what you’re use to but I hope you can trust me when I say that the captain is by far one of the kindest men one could ever meet. In fact I think he’s taken quite a liking to you. I’ve never seen a ship sail waters as quickly as this one when we were looking to make port in Moriel. It took us seven days to get as far as we did and he demanded that we return in a matter of three. You’re something special Sophie.” Estelle stood and ran her hand over the top of the girls head before grabbing the clothes and making for the bathing room to have a quick change before returning and slipping on a pair of lace boots and strapping Alaric’s holster around her waist. ”It doesn’t look half bad in here now that that’s out of the way. What do you say you and I have a look on deck and see just where else we might be able to lend a hand. And while were on the move do you mind if I ask you a little bit about yourself? Like…. Well lets see…. I suppose knowing some of the things you like would be good for a start.” She suggested as she held open the door and offered Sophie a hand should she wish to take it. This was all new territory for her. And she wanted to make a good impression. Which was why she was also hoping that whatever banter would arise with the awakening of the hung over crew, had ended while she was tidying the room. It was unlikely that censoring Sophie to such mayhem was a possibility. But should things get out of hand it wouldn’t hurt to keep her at a safe distance.

O U T F I T
User Image

User Image
                                      Alaric was not exactly in the mindset for rousing the crew, as he was still tingling with the warm sensation that Estelle's mere presence would forever give him. What he felt for her was very real. And now that he knew how she felt about him-- that she had allowed her walls to come tumbling down so quickly due to his display of power and mercy-- he could no longer contain his yearning for her. As a matter of fact, he had half a mind to go back to his cabin and finish what he had started.

Unfortunately, the captain was also a man of duty. And he knew that if his men started to see a lack in direction from him-- they would get it elsewhere. Alaric had been the cause of the demise of their former leader; he had seen first hand the gruesome death which he had been charged with for his crimes. And as a man who thought highly of himself, he knew that he was not deserving of such, but would receive the same punishment as well, should he not keep his crew planted firmly under his thumb. This was a group that sought guidance and needed structure, he couldn't very well haul himself up in room with a beautiful woman and think that the Sea Dragon was going to take care of itself.

The funny thing was, he wasn't even catering to his sexual nature, but rather the nurturing side of himself. He hadn't necessarily been prepared to do anything with Estelle, beside kissing every inch of her face until his lips fell off. It was as if he was being control by an entirely different part of his body. Alaric just wasn't sure which one. His experience with romance was so limited that he could even see that this was the beginning of love. Since the day he had met her, he had witnessed that she was special. It was only now, that he was starting to realize how much.

Whatever the case, there wasn't much time to dwell on it. Alaric noted the clouds above; the sky was intermittent with gray that hung low over the sea and threatened to bring rain. The sun shone through occasionally, but the closer the ship got to port, the less frequently it revealed itself. Such was usually known to be a bad omen, especially this early in the morning. And as if that wasn't enough, Trigger was on the deck with Risk in a headlock, reprimanding him for something as other crew members stood tightly around them in a circle.

Luckily the brute was tall, and Alaric could see that there was trouble without much effort. He moved ahead of Stout and approached his men with loud whistle, both his pointer and forefinger in his mouth. The sound cut through the humid air of the space they were occupying, as the men separated and swiftly disbursed to do their jobs-- whilst the captain was left to reprimand his gunner. "I don't know what's going on here, but it's best you make it quick before I make quick work of the both of you."

Trigger released Risk, who flopped onto the deck like a fish in a huff, before he looked to address Alaric. "I caught him walking past...the room above the quarterdeck..."

Stout immediately seized up for fear of what his captain might do. He was trying to speak, but the words would not come out-- not at first. "Gods save ya." The first mate grunted, throwing his hand up in the air, and turning his back to the three, before sheepishly scratching his head. By this point, the captain had already reached for his dagger-- but found he was without it. He wasn't clothed at all, except a pair of tan trousers. He was barefooted for heaven's sake! It was apparent that Risk wasn't meant to die today. So instead of killing the man like he wanted, Alaric reached down and picked him up by the collar of his leather vest. The man was short, no taller than five feet five, and hung in the air helpless as his captain spoke. "Give me one reason I shouldn't pop your head off your shoulders?"

Risk hissed, not out of anger, but because he couldn't get the words out fast enough. His face turned red, and he shook his head furiously, hoping to stave off Alaric's rage. He was feeling betrayed in the worse way. As that chamber was the heart of a man he had hated with every fiber of his being. The fact that anyone would even think to go in such a place was treason in and of itself. "J-Jo-Jolly! He was snooping around! Honest...I saw him bring Sophie down for breakfast and he left her alone there for a bit...I- I saw the door open..."

Alaric felt sick. Everything he had previously experienced-- the happiness, the comfort, the love-- it was all gone. He dropped the man and stormed past him, breaking into a brisk walk toward the quarterdeck. He then ascended two flights of stairs and saw that what had been said was true. The door was opened ever so slightly-- and the sight alone was enough to stop his heart. Alaric wasn't known to be a fearful man. He had only known what such was like when his former captain was alive, and this room haunted him like a ghost. It was as if he believed that one false move could bring the b*****d back from the dead. He was foolish to think a room so powerful. But the closer he got, the more fearful he became. What if Jolly were there? Could he kill a boy so young? One he cared for? Already his fingers were on the knob, and suddenly, he was inside.

The cabin was a mess, but it was void of people. And he certainly wasn't going to take Risk's word for it. This place was beyond eerie, and already Alaric could feel his skin starting to crawl. For the most part, everything looked the same as he had left it-- but there was one thing that caught his eye. On the late captain's desk there was a journal, and it was open as if someone had been reading out of it. The man swallowed, moving forward, avoiding nails in the floor boards as he approached. He placed his palm on the page and pulled it toward him, leaning down to see if he could read it.

"...September twenty fourth, I've just arrived at port Erial to retrieve my son. She thought I wouldn't find out about the baby, but I did...and I sent my men to teach her a lesson. Now that she's dead, I'll take the boy and teach him the way of the ocean. He'll be revered as I am. And learn that his mother's death was a necessary evil for his sake. He's an overly happy boy, with red long hair like a girl, and the manners of a sissy. But I will mark today as the first day that he is to become a man. Still, for the sake of what little I know about him-- I'll call him..." Alaric dropped the book on the floor, his eyes blurring with the increase of oxygen to his brain. He was suddenly reeling with pain in his chest, as he clutched the wound just above it and turned to leave the chamber-- slamming the door behind him.

Stout looked up from the deck and waved a hand. "Is everything alright captain?"

Yet, he had no words, as his eyes lifted in horror toward the crow's nest where Jolly was working on the sails. Alaric thought in that moment he might weep. For the first time in his life...he felt remorse. He had taken the boy's father, and all this time he had known. If he was plotting revenge surely such was in his right... this was HIS ship, and HIS crew. Alaric had selfishly stepped in and snatched everything from him.

"We'll be making port in Erial soon!" Lank called from the Helm. "We should get ready to gather as many supplies as we can."

In an futile attempt to pull himself together, Alaric nodded, swallowing the lump in his throat. "I'll wake the others." With that, he descended the stairs and went to fulfill his duty.

In the meantime, Sophia, or Sophie as she was known by her mother and now, her new family-- was happily watching Estelle as she cleaned up the captain's quarters. She was thrilled with the chambers, as Alaric seemed to have a great deal of treasures from all over the world. Which was no surprise given as she had met him two year ago, a great deal away from her hometown of Moriel. Her mother had been lending out her talents to a wizard at the time in a Kingdom called Helena. And the Sea Dragon had made port just outside the city.

Sophie had accidentally been separated from her parental figure and found herself wandering about the streets for a good deal of time-- idly strolling in and out of merchant tents before one caught her stealing. It wasn't a natural desire for her to want what wasn't hers, but her mother was stingy and didn't allow her many things to play with because she wished for the girl to perfect her ability to have visions whenever it was requested; despite the trouble it had caused in pasted, the woman did not know any other way to make money.

The man who had caught Sophie was cruel indeed, and removed a dagger from his side, before slamming her arm down on the table and claiming that she had to pay for her crime. But luckily, Alaric was not far from the incident. He approached with great speed, and gutted the merchant-- leaving his crew to loot the tent. He didn't say anything to her, although she was sure he hadn't simply chosen his victim out of the blue. Sophie knew that he had seen her distress. Even if he were to never admit it.

As she rushed off from the tent, it was then she had a vision-- one of him coming to rescue her from a group of a bad man in the future. So that day when she had seen him in Moriel, she knew she couldn't give up faith that her dream would come true. Sometimes she slept just to escape the rantings of her mother. She would think about him, and what it would be like to have a father again. Her biological father had loved her a great deal before he died. He treated her kindly and loved her gifts. And she wanted to use them to make him happy, much unlike her desire to never use them for her mother.

One night, she told him of a vision she had seen in regards to his wife sneaking out at night to see other men. After a while he stopped eating, and drinking, even bathing due to her disloyalty-- and then he passed away. And even now, Sophie carried that guilt. However, being here in this place did lessen the hurt. She was away from her terrible mother, hopefully to never see her again, and was left with the promise of a new one. Estelle was graceful, and beautiful, and had already won the approval of Alaric.

The little girl only wanted that same. She knew that the captain was special, she had been blessed with many more visions about the man, and had been visited by a divine creature named Ares who spoke his praises after the she had seen him Moriel. Ares had promised that in return for helping Alaric open himself up to his true feelings, that in turn, she would be given a real family again. And it seemed, the promise was not one to be taken lightly. Sophie knew a good bit about romance. She was only ten, but her parents had struggled with it. Her mother had cheated because she felt unloved. Her dad had always told her that he was bad with his feelings. She hoped such wouldn't be true for Alaric as well. It was her job to help him with it after all!

"I think it is you he likes. He told me himself, that you were special to him." She sang, bouncing up and down on the soft sheets. "You both share a bed after all. And it's pretty small. So you probably have to touch...and most times people don't touch unless they like each other." Sophie smiled innocently, although she was anything but. "You were kissing too. I saw. It looked nice. Was it nice?"

She jumped up, and scurried to Estelle's side, but instead of taking her hand, she tired to shimmy up the woman's body. For her age, she was a very small girl. And could easily be carried like someone who lived half her time. Sophie loved been held, but mostly she loved being loved. "I like to see into the future. My mom made me do it all the time. It's how she put food on the table you know. But I was so tired, and she...she didn't care about me. I was only important because of my gift..." She looked up at Estelle with a puffed out bottom lip, grieved by the recollection. "You're having a baby. I saw a vision when we first met on the beach. He's going to be so lucky to have a mom like you..."

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Estelle wasn’t quite sure how to react to Sophie’s inquiry in regards to how she felt about her moment of intimacy with Alaric, as she thought such were inappropriate to discuss with a child. But then again she was uncertain of how to react to a lot of things the young girl said. Such as Alaric’s supposed confession of her importance to him. She had felt there to be something between them, and he had confirmed as much through his actions. But to know that he had spoken of it openly to another, albeit a child, before she’d even admitted her own feelings towards him….. To have claimed that she was special… that was something else entirely. However there was only so much time Estelle was given to reflect on such matters before she felt the weight of a small figure pulling on her body as Sophie began attempting to clamber up the woman’s side, coaxing her to lean down and scoop her up as Estelle jut out her right hip to balance the weight of the girl and wrap an arm around Sophie’s waist. There was something oddly imposing about her that made Estelle feel as if being comfortable around strangers simply came as second nature. And it wasn’t until she confirmed as much that the fairy understood why. Her mother. It seemed that even in her youth and innocence, Sophie was not immune to the influences around her. Nor was her mother to the power her daughter held, manipulating her gift for her own personal gain. Sophie may have disregarded as much to have been for the benefit of survival but Estelle was far less forgiving. There were other ways to make a living that did not put a child at risk. No, Sophie’s mother had been selfish. And by the sound of it she had little regard for her own daughter’s well being. Something that struck Estelle on a personal level. Her own mother had loved her. She’d known as much to be true in all that she’d done to make sure they lived a life of comfort and convenience. But the woman had been cold and had difficulty expressing softness, often coming off as strict and intimidating. And where as one might have suspected her lack of a relationship with the woman to be the reason for Estelle’s value of children, it was her own misfortune in having treated her son poorly that made her loath Sophie’s mother. For nothing was worth the sacrifice of a child.

”She was wrong. Your mother did a terrible thing in treating you that way…. Parents are supposed to protect their children. Not submit them to such treatment…….. No matter what their reasoning may be. It’s simply not to be done. Sophie…. I want you to know that it isn’t your gift that makes you special. There is plenty more about you that is of worth but it is by no means made up of the gift the gods have given you. Such does not make you who you are. I can tell you are a bright, beautiful, smart young woman and there will be plenty to look forward to in your life. But believe me when I say that it most certainly will not be spent serving others. No one can force you to do something you don’t want to. I won’t allow it. That gift is yours and yours alone.” It wasn’t fair for someone so young to have to live the life of an adult. And it was a shame that Sophie had been pressured into as much. But such would end where her life aboard the Sea Dragon began. The only ones she would have to answer to would be herself and Alaric. She was precious. And she was to be treated as such. ”You know, there is still plenty I could learn before the baby comes. I only had so much time with my son before…. And he wasn’t anywhere near your age. It’s been a long while since I’ve had to care for anyone. It sure would be nice to have some practice. But you know, it’s so hard to find anyone willing to let me dress them, tell them stories, play with, and take care of on this ship. And Alaric isn’t at all good at dress up, believe it or not. I don’t think he’d be too happy if I tried braiding his hair either.” Estelle smiled down at Sophie jokingly before giving her a quick squeeze and proceeded to carry the girl up the stairwell where the majority of the crew had managed to begin their work on deck. ”I wouldn’t be surprised if I just happened to look to you…. That is… if you’d be willing to have me. Your mother might not have done what she should to make you feel loved but that most certainly doesn’t mean I can’t. Everyone deserves to feel happy. And you’re no exception. So would that be okay? Would you be willing to teach me a few things and help me prepare for my baby? If I’m going to be a mom I’m going to need to know how to do it right after all.” It was a bold request and by no means had Estelle been prepared to take on the responsibilities Sophie’s previous mother had lacked. But this girl….. she was special. Even if the woman hadn’t told her as much. She deserved the care and affection she’d been denied growing up. And she doubted she would find as much in the eyes of the crew.

It took several hours before Erial so much as came within sight of the Sea Dragon and by then Estelle had already gathered all that she felt necessary to carry on her person for both her and Sophie during their wanderings about the city. Truth be told, she was rather impressed with their destination as it was by far one of the most regal looking kingdoms she had visited during her time with Alaric. The ships gathered by the dock were pristine, their sails as bright as the heavens and the crews loading off just as neatly adorned as the last. And although there were some that did show signs of trading, selling, gambling, and pirate-esque activities of the like, it was Alaric’s crew that stuck out the most by far. There were curious looks cast about from those on land and even more from the uniformed men posted just beyond the stone wall, but neither armed forces seemed interested in inquiring as to the purpose of those entering the city. In fact they lacked an amount of wariness that made Estelle question their reliability all together. Nevertheless, the government of Erial was of no consequence to her. It was strange…. But ever since having left Moriel, the sense of obligation to judge a city based upon those ruling it had all the more deteriorated. She’d seen the corruption that blossomed in even the most peaceful of kingdoms and never once did man’s greed fail to spoil what good lie within their hearts. It had happened in Moriel, it had happened in Nithrill, Tavare, and even the farthest reaches of the land. There was no stopping it. And no amount of order could kill it. Perhaps it was Alaric’s lifestyle rubbing off on her better judgment but Estelle was coming to the conclusion that it was best to worries about ones self and those within your immediate care before all else. She could not fix the problems of those ruling each individual kingdom. But she could help those she cared for. And right now, that meant Alaric and Sophie. The latter of which she had yet to put down even as the crew began lowering the anchor and preparing the ramp. ”As far as appearances go I have to say this place isn’t half bad. It could use some excitement…. But I’m sure our lot is colorful enough to liven the masses don’t you think? If not then we’ll just have to give them something to talk about while we’re here.” It wasn’t normal for Estelle to openly seek mischief or thrills especially when they had arrived for business purposes specifically. But she had a child to entertain. And she did not plan on disappointing her. "What do you say Sophie? You and I. Lets paint the town red. And maybe when we get back we can convince the captain to try on a pretty dress we bring back." She mused and waltzed off the ramp with girl in hand as she made for the entrance of the city.

O U T F I T
User Image

User Image
                                      Trigger and Risk waited on deck, watching as the captain stormed off in search of Jolly. Their plan had worked. But the man wondered for how long. He knew that since the arrival of Estelle, Alaric had changed. His thirst for blood was almost nonexistence. And he hadn't killed a man in well over a week. Perhaps it was a foolish thing to worry about to any that didn't know him the way Trigger did. For it was no secret that the captain worried about mutiny, and wouldn't do anything to make the crew think him weak. However, the son of Hades knew that his love for Jolly was strong. He had known the boy since he was eight. And even given his 'supposed' crime, killing him would be a tough task.

As hardened as Trigger's heart was, should Risk loyalty ever be in question-- punishing him would be all but impossible. Since he had fled the underworld, he had made only a few friends. This young one was beyond blind in his faith. He would do anything to please his master-- risking Alaric's hand was likely just the beginning. Trigger was not a bad person, he merely didn't wish to spend his days with only the dead to accompany him. His deal with Cavril was one that could only be broken by his death...or another contract. And it was likely the captain would kill to get what he wanted for his mother. In addition, it was becoming more and more apparent to the crew that he was more than just a man. Alaric had powers beyond that of the gunner's. He was the son of Zues after all.

Trigger needed to play his cards right. Or just cut his loses, and kill the man himself. He would be bringing on the wrath of the gods, but at this point-- he was willing to do anything to remain free. "Do you think he'll do it?" Risk asked, his head falling from the embarrassment of having been tossed around by the captain.

Trigger shook his head in response, swallowing the lump in his throat. "He is much different now. I do not think so."

"Then you must do it. You must kill him, before he finds out it was you that stole from Jolly's quarters and left the journal in those chambers. You're the only one left that knows his secret...he'll tell Alaric." He could see the fear in his friend's eyes, as he practically clung to his arm shaking like a leaf. "Please. I can't watch you die..."

Trigger nodded, and patted his friend's face with a smile. "If we are to battle. I assure you. I will not lose."

"B-but, he is the son of Zues."

"Maybe, but I am the son of Hades. I can raise the dead."

"An army?"

Trigger smirked in reply. "Now you're thinking."

In that moment, as Sophie was clinging to Estelle whilst they yet coming onto the deck, she was given a vision. Which was strange, for she had learned to control her powers several years ago. She normally didn't have them involuntarily, unless the result of the future would be cataclysmic. Her eyes went right white over the woman's shoulder and she was stricken with fear. There was smell of burning flesh, the screams of the innocent, and the cry of Alaric as a horde of undead descended upon him as if he were the cure to their condition.

When Sophie came out of it, she was left sick, her body trembling as she held Estelle tight. "I'd be so happy to help you prepare..." She whispered. "But I'm afraid the captain won't be trying on anything when we get back...I just had a vision..." And her premonitions were never wrong. "Alaric is going to die here..."

Just as this was happening, the captain had made his way to the bosun's room. He was so consumed by the mix of emotions he was feeling, the man didn't even bother to knock. He merely burst right in, catching Jolly as he seemed to be packing for a trip. Alaric was stopped in his tracks by the sight of his bag on the bed. "Where do you think you're going? You do not get to simply leave after disobeying my orders. There are rules on this ship. And just because I favor you, that does not mean you can defy me so openly."

The boy looked confused, as he glanced up from his things. He didn't move closer, nor did he have a seat. "Sir, what are you talking about?"

"The journal, in your father's cabin!" Alaric didn't often yell, but he couldn't help himself. It wasn't Jolly he was angry at, but himself. This was something he should have known-- had he, this situation could have been avoided. He would have dropped the child off on some remote island with no fear of mystery and rebellion.

"What? You-you know about my father?" Jolly was already in a panic, his face turning read as he ran to the end table beside his cot and ripped the drawer out. The contents spilled onto the floor like waves over a cliff, as he dropped to his knees to start riffling through his things. But he came to find that the only item he had to remember the man who had brought him into this world was gone.

He jumped up in that moment, and to Alaric's surprise, he launched onto him, knocking them both back into the hallway. "You went through my things! You took the only memory I had left of my family!"

The captain struggled beneath Jolly, as he was brought to the floor by his pure unadulterated adrenaline. "I respected you! I cared about you! I loved you! And you stole from me!" His fist were pounding on the captain's chest, as Alaric finally pulled himself together long enough to reach up and grab him by the throat. It caused him to halt his assault, as his eyes grew wide, filled with tears. But he was not the only who was consumed in sadness. It was obvious to Alaric that Jolly had not done this. The journal had been in his room. Meaning...he was tricked. However, whilst he was trying to make sense of his thoughts, he didn't realize that the color was leaving the face of young man astride him. His rage was growing with every passing minute, and the more indignant he became the tighter he squeezed. He knew now, that this was Risk and Trigger's doing...

Unfortunately, the two were already making their leave into the commerce city. Both descended the Sea Dragon's ramp for the last time, cloaked in black and tarried for the captain to seek them out.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Estelle was stricken silent as she caught word of Sophie’s mutterings and stood motionless before the arch of the stone walls of Erial. Had she been any other child the woman would have dismissed such assumptions with a stern look and a brief scolding. But she knew better. Sophie was proven different than others her age. She was unique. She’d been given a gift. And her words were not to be taken lightly. Estelle pulled the young girl back by the shoulders briefly so that she might gaze upon her for herself and found that there was as much sorrow in her eyes as there had been in her tone. The two were identical. ”Alaric?.....” She didn’t have time to waste. If there was any chance that the man was in danger then leaving his side was no longer an option. She needed to find him. Warn him about whatever it was the girl had foreseen. And so with every thought of wandering about Erial’s streets having left her mind, the fairy whipped around with Sophie pulled tight to her chest and began pushing through those moving past to gain way into the city. She fought the current relentlessly, bumping into strangers and crewmen alike and almost dropping Sophie upon having collided with a large black cloaked figure. But she pressed on. They didn’t have time to delegate their next move. This couldn’t wait. ”Sophie sweetie…. If you know something about Alaric I need you to tell me okay? If there’s a possibility he is in trouble I need to know so that I can fix it. You understand?” Her voice was calm but her eyes were anything but. She was frantic to get to the captain before anyone else. It was possible that Corvis had sent an assassin…. Alaric had stolen an irreplaceable source, a means to power. Oracles were hard to come by and it was rare that such blessed beings lived long due to their abilities and those who wished to possess it. Sophie would forever be hunted by those who knew her secret. But she could not be blamed for the death of those around her should her pursuers catch up with them. Still, if there was a way to prevent as much from happening then Estelle would do everything within her power to stop it. ”Alaric!” Her tone differed a fair amount when addressing either of the two. She did not want to frighten Sophie. But she did not want to lose the chance to make a difference. What the girl saw lie within the future of things. Not the present. They needed to make the time they had, count. ”You! Where’s the captain?!? Has he gone?.......” The deckhand she’d engaged with turned to focus on her inquiry but was slow to speak. Opening his mouth and letting out a yawn as he shrugged his shoulders. Estelle bolted up the ramp, remaining firm in her grip around Sophie and even more so upon the front of the man’s shirt as she pulled him taught and glowered into his eyes. ”Speak! You damnable sewer rat! WHERE IS CAPTAIN AXTON!”

Still the man seemed unmoved by her aggressive demeanor and it wasn’t until he glanced her over that she realized just how lowly these men thought of her, if only because she was a woman. Well that was fine. So long as they understood that she didn’t come without resources of her own. ”Then have it your way!!!” Estelle reached down and ripped the pistol out of its holster after releasing the man and shoving him back into a cluster of barrels. A look of delayed shock etched across his face as he stared down the barrel of her weapon and a bead of sweat began to form as he stammered for words. But she was through waiting. If these men wished to continue mindlessly lazing about while their captain’s life was in danger then they would be better fit doing as much six feet under. And she would gladly oblige them. There was a sickening flick as the fairy pulled back on the hammer and went to pull the trigger, her mind having forgotten what sat on her hip as she prepared to take her frustrations out on the deckhand only to be interrupted by the sound of shouts from below. Her barrel lowered and allowed the crew mate to exhale in relief as he watched the woman run off towards the stairwell with child in hand. She was carried on swift feet as she descended into the dimly lit corridor and ran down the length of it only to find the captain toppled over by a furious and pained Jolly. Estelle reeled back a couple steps and clutched Sophie, turning away so that the child might not have to see what occurred next as well as wanting to protect her should the bickering men travel any closer down the hall. But not long after Jolly began throwing his fists against Alaric’s chest, the man was brought to a stop as the captain reached up and grabbed for the boy’s throat. Squeezing the air out of it and leaving him with a fearful and hurt expression as tears whelmed beneath his lids. Estelle looked over her shoulder at the sight with stunned disbelief before a sense of indignancy took over. Without so much as a moment’s consideration the fairy moved back towards the stairwell and set Sophie down on the stairs at a safe distance, brushing her hand over the top of the girl’s forehead before placing a kiss on it and turning away to confront the men hell bent on killing one another.

”Captain Alaric Axton, you let that boy go right now!” She roared and moved for Alaric’s hand. His fingers were pressing tightly against the young man’s skin to the point that it was spilling between his grip. His face was changing color…. And if he didn’t stop soon he would crush him, inevitably killing the boy in a matter of moments from asphyxia. Estelle tugged on his grip but her force alone would not be enough to pry him away. Whatever it was that had taken over the captain, it was no longer under his control. ”ALARIC…. ALARIC STOP!!!!! YOU’RE KILLING HIM!!!” She screeched and gave one last tug on the man’s wrist only to be sent tumbling back. It didn’t take long for her to recover. And once she did, she stood over both men with his gun drawn, pointing it at his leg despite the hesitation in her eyes. He cared for this man. She knew such to be true. Whatever bond it was they had between each other it had been enough for Jolly to be brought to tears in Weknox at the mere sight of Alaric’s wrath taking over. She simply could not allow this to continue. If he killed the boy, he would be hurting himself as well. ”Damnit Alaric…. I’ll… I’ll shoot you! I will!” But she wouldn’t…… Even if she had wanted to, she couldn’t. Estelle adored this man, this god, far too much to allow harm to come to him. Even if it was at his own hand. And so without knowing what else to do, she did the only thing that seemed logical in that moment. She fired up. The shot rang out and blasted through the floorboards over head leaving a small stream of light to pour down upon them. And where as it had seemed to be a clean shot, it took naught but several moments to pass before a loud thud broke the silence and several crewmen groaned on deck in annoyance. Estelle’s face flushed in embarrassment but immediately took her anger out on the two men in front of her, giving the larger of the two a swift kick in the ribs before pointing over at Sophie. ”LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO IN FRONT OF HER! GET UP! THE BOTH OF YOU!...... We need to talk. Do you think you can manage that much?!?!?”

O U T F I T
User Image

User Image
                                      Alaric was not in his right mind. Despite the obvious clues, he still desired to believe that something as dangerous as this kind of a betrayal was not possible for a man he trusted to make his weapons for combat! Had he been so blind, that he overlooked the clues? Trigger had been rather defiant lately, willing to speak out on matters that normally wouldn't have mattered to him. He had been a quiet man previous to Estelle's arrival.

Therefore, he couldn't help but wonder if the gunner was jealous. He was one of a handful of men that had been loyal to the previous captain. But Alaric had believed whole heartily that he had his commitment after the mutiny had taken place. To think he had been keeping a secret as serious as this from him, was certainly earth shattering news. As Risk was far too much of a follower to have come up with something like this on his own-- not to mention that the man was a newer addition to the crew. He had never know the old captain, and would not have known about jolly unless told. He and Trigger were close. Even a blind man could see that.

So it wasn't until there was an eminent threat of being shot again, that Alaric was able to pull himself together enough to realize what had been going on while his mind was absent from his body. He quickly released Jolly, who gasped loudly and leaned forward into his captain's chest to catch his breath. It was only now that he remembered that the boy had attacked him. And for good reason. This entire situation was a mess, and it would need to be properly addressed. But for now, his main concern was Trigger and Risk. Unfortunately, before he could reprimand them, he would have to get Jolly off top him, and better yet, get Estelle to put the gun down...

She was an awfully dangerous woman when handling a weapon. Her temper was rather boisterous for that of a lady, but Alaric couldn't help but find that side of her alluring. As usual, she was ranting about something that made no matter of him. There was great hole in the ceiling planks now, revealing a stream of sunlight from where she had misfired her shot. It was likely someone was dead. But that didn't bother him at all given the circumstances. The crew had gone far too long without having to mop up the body of one of their own. He assumed that was why he was in this mess in the first place.

"If you were trying to kill me, lass. You missed by a long shot." He grumbled gruffly, reaching up with a hand to pat Jolly on the back, and let him know it was time to get up now. In turn, he rolled off the captain onto the floor upon his back like fish, as Alaric managed to get to his feet before Estelle. She had a fire in her eyes, but it was obvious she was wary. This was a new situation for her. And given that she was now closer to two weeks pregnant, it wouldn't be long before she began to feel the pressures of being a mother all over again.

His eyes traveled past her to Sophie who at the end of the hall, breathing heavy with a soot covered face and bare feet. He worried that this was no place for a child-- let alone a little girl. Despite her knowledge of the world, Alaric didn't want to farther subject her to hardship. He grew up on this ship-- and it had hardened his heart. "Would you give me this before you put a bloody eye out." He snapped at Estelle, trying to take his mind off the responsibility he had taken on of being a parent.

The man rolled his eyes at her, before snatching the weapon from her hand and glancing down at Jolly. "Get up."

The bosun grasped his neck and nodded, staggering to his feet as he stumbled over his words. "I'm so sorry. I didn't-- it'll never...I'll never do that again. I just..."

"You should have told me he was father." Alaric said firmly, opening the barrel to the pistol and letting the bullets fall out onto the floor at Estelle's feet. "You shot a man." He said, redirecting his attention to her. "You earn your bullets for from now on. One a day." His tone was firm, as he was very serious about this punishment. No one was allowed to kill his men. Not even her.

"Sir, if I had told you-- I would not be here. This is my home. I have no family...you would have left me to die."

Alaric knew this to be true. But it was no matter to him. He felt he deserved to know. "You were planning mutiny. And I do not blame you. I killed your father."

"W-what? No!" Jolly exclaimed taking his arm and making his captain turn to face him. "I would never! He killed my mother! Burned down my village...and you...you have done nothing but show me kindness. You've saved my life! I would never hurt you. You are who I aspire to be."

At this point, the boy was merely blow smoke up his a**, but it was working. It always worked. If there was one thing Alaric liked to talk about-- it was anything involving himself, and how great he was. "I believe you." He replied. "It is Risk and Trigger that worry me. They accused you of being in the former captain's quarters. The journal is there."

Jolly's amber eyebrows narrowed. "Trigger led the raid on my village when I was boy. I thought that maybe he didn't know who I was, or why he was sent to do such a thing. He tried to me set up...but why after all this time?"

Sophie was already shuffling forward at this point. As she was the only one with the answers they sought. Her visions were finally back under her control. When Estelle had asked her to explain what she saw, she hadn't answers because she didn't fully understand the images. However now, the girl was sure of the events to follow. "Trevalos, is the son of Hades. He was once the gate keeper, before King Helios approached him with a deal. He is afraid that you'll kill Helios when you reach Rivdar, and he will be sent back to the underworld. Here in Erial, he plans to raise the dead, and kill you all. He will be successful." Her voice was meek, but it held much power. Alaric was shaken by these words, and he almost brought to knees in despair. Had the gods been planning for him to fail all along? Lifted him up, just to watch him crumble in the palm of one of his own?

"That can't be true." Jolly whispered, stepping forward and kneeling down in front of Sophie with determined eyes. "There must be a way."

Sophie blinked several times, fighting her tears. She had not known the captain long. But in her heart, she loved him. She had loved him ever since the day he rescued her in Helena. "I tried every path. They all end the same."

Alaric knew he had to be strong. So he handed Estelle off her gun and reached down, picking the child up into his arms, and placed a kiss on her forehead. "I need you to have a little faith, Sage." She drew a breath with sad eyes and nodded profusely. "To do this, Trigger will be headed toward a graveyard?"

Sophie swallowed. "For the spell to work...yes."

"Then we must hurry." Jolly squealed, "And thank you, Mistress..." He said quickly, touching Estelle's arm before plowing into his cabin to gather the rest of the supplies.

"It's too dangerous." Alaric said. "For any of you. I'm going to tell Lank to set the ship out to sea, and I'll go face him alone."

"No! No, no, no!" The bosun called, breaking out into sarcastic laughter. "I have a bone to pick with him. I will not be left here!"

"Me neither." Sophie chimed, hugging his neck; leaving her captain feeling slightly emotional. This little girl was surely something special.

"The gods have turned against me. You do not want to join me in my fate. I have earned this." He said, his eyes trailing over Sophie's shoulder to Estelle, who he knew would demand to come along. He wanted to make it known that if this was his way to die, it was for a reason. Either he would go down in glory and join them in the heavens, or be left to Hades. In a way, this was what he had always wanted. Alaric desired to prove that he was strong enough to be one of them...just like Trigger.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

She wished for their lives to return as they were. The way they’d been mere hours ago when all was not perfect, but flecked with moments of perfection in which they could enjoy themselves amidst the dangerous lives they led. Sailing towards some absurd and unplanned adventure….. and waking up in the arms of someone she cared about. Unfortunately it was that same someone who sought to make off on their own and end their life by confronting the enemy. A man who had not but moments ago served Alaric and had been known as a friend to the captain. How Trigger had gone so long hiding his secret was beyond Estelle nor could she fathom the possibility of two gods living on the same ship for so long without knowing. Surely this was fate. But for Alaric to die at the hand of the son of Hades?..... Ares had asked her to protect him. And that she had, in what ways she could. But the exiled fairy was no match for a god. And according to Sophie, neither was Alaric. At least not in this state. The man was still oblivious as to the power he held and although Estelle had promised to refrain from speaking as much openly, she was slowly finding herself without much choice. If Alaric went into this accepting the idea of dying at the hands of another then surely such would come true. He would think himself limited when in reality such was anything but. She’d seen the power in him and how easily he released his wrath even unto those undeserving. He was a god among men. And if they were to die, she would prefer to do as much knowing that she had done all she could to preserve him. It was no longer a matter of duty to her. She desired for him to live. To thrive. Even if it meant losing all that Ares had given her and spending an eternity in the underworld. It would be worth it to know that he was elsewhere. No, he needed to continue. He needed to go forth and finish what he’d started. For so long he had gone without his mother…. Lived a life in tyranny hoping to one day cure her. To deny him the truth now would be cruel. ”If every path…. ends the same….” Estelle flipped the pistol over in her hands slowly, before letting out a sigh and putting the weapon back into its holster and removing the belt to strap it around Alaric instead. Walking behind him and slipping her arms around his waist as she buckled the clasp. ”Then perhaps it is time that we make our own. I know it is pointless to say as much as both of you seem determined confront Trigger by all means possible… But I pray you don’t find fault in me for simply wanting to leave him behind. He’s left the ship willingly…. If we were to find the blood of a giant elsewhere, who is to say that he could stop you from killing the keeper and curing your mother? Nevertheless, no matter what it is you decide, I will not leave you to do so alone. My fate is entwined with yours. You’ve become a part of me. Should we perish, I would prefer to do so knowing it was while serving you that I died.”

Estelle dropped her hands down to her sides and moved to the other side of the hall, her back pressing against the wooden wall as she slid to the floor and dragged the back of her hand over her forehead. She had never thought much of how Alaric would react to the news of his father’s identity. But now as she prepared to expose the god, she felt all the more panicked by the possibilities. Should Ares find disfavor in her for having revealed him, she could lose the child she’d obtained in serving him as well as her life. She could even lose Alaric should he too find her secrecy a betrayal to himself. Still, if that were the case, so be it. For his life was more important to her than her own. All she’d ever managed was to do wrong by others. And here Alaric had sacrificed his entire life to right the wrongs done unto his mother. He was anything but unworthy…. And surely the gods did not find fault in him now. ”Either way, I feel that it is… vital…. That I tell you what it is I’ve neglected to for the past few days since that night when…” Her heart was beating her rib caged in a tune that threatened to put her out of consciousness. But no matter how nervous, it was important that he find out. There was no right time to tell him nor did they have any to spare. And so, now would have to be as good a time as any. ”The morning after you were attacked on the island of wolves, we managed to evade mutiny and bring you aboard the ship without further incident. You were taken to your room….. And for what felt like days in a matter of hours, I was left waiting to hear of your condition. It was during that time that I was confronted by an… Well an entity of sorts. I wouldn’t have believed it…. But by the gods, he was real and he was standing right in front of me……. I didn’t want to think it true but it was….. He was.... He told me that you were his son. That despite your arrogance and self centeredness, you meant well. He said that your birth was no mistake and should I help you make it to Rivdar, he would return my son to me as a reward….. He’s been watching you for a very long time….. He’s always been watching.”

Estelle did not cry. She did not weep. Nor did she pity herself as she awaited whatever punishment was to come from having spoken these words. ”You have never lost favor in the gods. They’ve been looking after you since the day you were born…… Alaric…… You are the son of Ares. God of war.” For the first time since having spoke, Estelle looked up from where she sat and pressed herself to meet his gaze. She needed to know that he understood all that she had said and that he accepted as much to be true. ”I was not meant to tell you such things…. It was not my secret to share and for that reason alone I did not tell you the truth. But you must understand….. You must understand that I could not let you continue thinking yourself damned to a death unfitting of your deeds. The gods have not turned against you. It is only you, who has turned against yourself.” She didn’t know where they would go from here. If Alaric decided to continue to go down this path and seek his demise, even in knowing his father had purposed him to find Rivdar, she would remain by his side. She had not lied in saying her fate was with him. For without Alaric, she was nothing. All that she had now, a home, her child, a life worth living….. it was because he had sought her out and spared her that day she was to be executed. She owed everything to this man. And she would spend the rest of her life, no matter how long that may be, making sure he too had all he desired.

O U T F I T
User Image

User Image
                                      Alaric doubted that his gun would be of any use in a fight against a demi-god, but he allowed Estelle to say her peace as she proceeded to equip him with his holster. As a matter of fact, the captain kindly offered to lift his arms, so that she may better be able to preform the task. But it wasn't until she went and leaned against the wall of the narrow hallway in what appeared to be exasperation, that he became unnerved. He knew that she cared. That much he was certain of, given all they had been through together. However, what was more curious than her actions, were the words that came out of her mouth.

When Estelle spoke of something she had neglected to tell him, surely his mind was forced to move to it's darkest corners; he suddenly found himself worrying that this child she was carrying was Trigger's, for the healer had said it was divine. Was she asking him to spare his life for the sake of baby? Is this why she bid him to leave them be? Nay. What she had said next was not at all what he had expected. And the longer she talked, the more mind numbing her confession became. Alaric had never once thought of himself as more than a man. Albeit, that was what he aspired to be; more than one abandoned by his father, and yet not raised by his mother. He was one that sought glory from above because he had no others to impress with his feats. Therefore, he hoped the gods would see favor in his deeds.

But surely he did not think it possible that one had seen fit to lay with his mother. Although yes, she had told him how she prayed and prayed to those above for a child to keep her company at night. Olivera had been cruel and kept her from those in village. The woman was forced to work all day in the garden growing the witches herbs for potions she planned to use on the innocent. Her pregnancy had been a mystery, for Olivera swore that her spell was powerful enough to keep out any seeking to rescue her prisoner. To make matter worse, his mother refused to speak of who it was that had fathered Alaric once he was born. And it was only the stranger nature of how he had come about that piqued the witches interest enough to keep the baby boy around.

Alas, Estelle could have been mistaken. It was possible she had only dreamed such things. But there was honesty in her eyes-- a truth that was hard to deny. Even Sophie looked skeptical. The little girl moved forward, reaching up to take the hand of the captain. She blinked twice, before her eyes closed and she passed to a state of stillness.

Alaric looked back at Jolly, who had stopped in the middle of his packing, his gaze downcast by the news that Estelle had just shared with them. His eyes were glossed over, and seemed to be holding back tears as he tossed away the garment in his hand and sat on the end of his bed. "We knew." The bosun whispered, his voice shaking from fear of exposing more secrets that had been withheld from Alaric for their own good. None had thought what keeping such knowledge could do to someone who needed to have complete control, like the captain did. "We have seen your eyes go black, and sky turn gray...we have seen you bring rain, thunder, and lightning. But you never seemed to notice...and we...were afraid." Jolly breathed finally, his eyes shifting toward the door where Alaric watched him from the hall. "Stout tried to tell you."

Yes. He did vaguely recalled the conversation. However, that did not make him a god. He didn't know his roots, nor did his mother. It was possible that this was Olivera's doing. "If I were the son of Ares, I'd not be a pirate captain. I'd be a King."

Sophie shook her head, her dark blue irises widening with realization. "Glory is not your purpose. Triumph is." She whispered. "Not only can I see the future, but I can go into past. You were watched everyday by him. He sat by your bedside, and held your mother's hand until there came a time when you started to remember him. He told you that you had a destiny, and with him here-- you would never fulfill it." She squeezed his hand and smiled-- a strange twinkle in her eye. "This is the right path."

Alaric saw now. His selling himself into servitude upon this ship with Trigger was not a coincidence at all, but rather the plan of the gods all along. They wanted Trevalos back where he belonged, and had brought him into the world to do just that. This was the destiny he was to achieve. Estelle was here to keep him on the right path-- only to reveal his way when the time was right. Was it not for her, Risk would be dead. And given Trigger's relationship with the young man, things might have ended much worse. She had come to care for him, not because of who he was, but who she saw he could be. For it was the day after he was attacked by the wolves, that things had changed between them.

"So it wasn't my charisma and charm that kept you from running off." Alaric said with a grin, as he gazed down at the forlorn expression on his mistress face. But he couldn't have felt more the opposite. He had a father! And not just any man, but a god nonetheless. Perhaps he might have longed a more ideal childhood, with someone around to protect and hold him. However, things might have been different; he might have been different. If Ares was waiting on Alaric to prove himself. Now, he was ready.

"What is the one thing that might slow Trigger down?" He asked, shifting his eyes to Estelle as Sophie released his hand and he reached down to help the woman up. His fingers wrapped around her arm as he eased her to her feet and pulled her close with a gentle tug.

Above there was the cry of the quartermaster, as the rest of the crew's voices rang out. The sunlight that had been pouring in through the hole in ceiling had seized whilst they'd talked. And now, droplets of water were falling through. "Cover what you can men! There's a storm brewing." Stout shouted on deck, as the patter of boots could be heard below.

Alaric smirked devilishly, knowing that he had brought such weather with no more than a thought. It was true. He was in indeed son of Ares, and grandson of Zues. "Genius, captain." Jolly shouted, his face finally lightning up given the events of this morning. It seemed they had hope. Sophie giggled with approval. However Alaric was too entranced by Estelle to wallow in his accomplishment. He knew that she hadn't lied. That this baby was a gift from his father. Therefore, he was even more assured of his feelings for her, and desired nothing more than to tell her. Unfortunately, finding out he was god only gave him the courage to fight, not that needed to openly admit his stirrings.

His crystal blue eyes were borrowing into her own with great intensity, although his face was still smiling. "Thank you." He mustered, leaning in to place a kiss on her lips, but once he had descended upon her, he found himself unable to pull away. Estelle's body was full of warmth, as sure as her words had been full of promise. She was here against her will, but it seemed now, she had come around to sincere emotions for him. When he had the chance, he would owed his father an apology and his gratitude.

Jolly could be heard scurrying behind him as he scooped up Sophie and hurried her down the hallway toward the stairs. And once they were gone, Alaric found his strong arms slipping themselves around his mistress waist. His hands separate around her back, the left finding the curve of her rear and the right locating the crease of her neck, as his fingers became tangled in strands of sandy colored hair. He tipped her head back and breathed into the kiss, his tongue running over her lips like a man hungry for more. "If your fate is entwined with mine, then I have no right to deny you. You will come with me. And you will die with me." Alaric hadn't even realized that his eyes closed, until he opened them to look upon her. "But we will not die today."

The captain had Estelle imprinted upon him-- their heat mingling from the collide of their bodies. "We will take a handful of men, and find this graveyard." His expression faltered, showing her just as serious this was to him. "We should go."

Reluctantly, he released her to find the stairs and eventually made his way onto the deck. The crew was already running around to protect the goods that had been brought from below for preparation of the ship docking. Alaric found Sophie before she could climb the crow nest. The only place where he felt she would be safe, even despite the rain and winds he had brought. Soon enough, he had pulled her aside, his blond hair matted to his face, and his breaths heavy. But he was feeling even more invigorated by the idea of battle. "You do not leave this ship." He commanded, dropping down into a crouched position and giving her a pat on the face.

Although such a gesture proved to mean very little to Sophie, who demanded an embrace. She ran into him, her small moist arms hugging his neck. "Be safe." She whispered. Alaric had no choice but to promise her he would.

It wasn't long before his heavy, soaking wet leather boots were pounding on the deck, as his bosun brought his emerald cloak, and tossed it over his shoulders "We have a traitor on board, men! Trigger and Risk have fled the Sea Dragon into Erial! Estelle, Stout, Jolly, Lank, Flint, and Sniggle...you'll be coming with me to find him."

"But captain! The ship! Who will stay with her?" Lank called from the Helm in utter surprise.

"None can set sail in a storm."

"But what if stops, Sir?" Stout asked in his approach.

Albeit, Alaric only grinned. "It won't." With that, he did the clasp of his cloak and turned, leading them off the ship and into Erial-- in the pursuit of the cities burial ground.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Surely, being a man as boastful as Alaric was, the fact that he seemed to take to the idea of being a god with ease should have been no surprise to her. He yearned for a connection to those deemed divine beyond all else and time and time again proved to desire nothing more than to please them. Even if it meant his own demise. Thankfully to do such, he would not need to put his life to waste as that was anything but what his father intended for him. No, as Sophie had confirmed, Alaric was destined to be triumphant. Trigger may have believed himself to be powerful but he was not alone. The captain too had the backing of the gods behind him and not long after having discovered the truth, he immediately took to using his abilities with ease. The sound of thunder rolled in the distance and where the light had shown down upon them a shadow enveloped the hole in the deck. Trickling rain through the gap as a storm consumed the land of Erial. By now Alaric had pulled Estelle to her feet and urged her closer with a tug, addressing the change in weather with an earnest look that said it all. Estelle looked at him in abrupt awe as she registered the idea that he was the cause of such change and placed a hand on his forearm, having been struck speechless by the control he had and the power he possessed. To deny that this man was anything less than a god would be to sin. ”You never cease to amaze me…” She breathed as she looked up at the water dripping through the bullet hole only to be drawn back to him as he uttered a brief word of thanks. His eyes piercing through her and leaving her naught but putty in his arms as he leaned in and his lips met her own. She thought the man might draw away only to have her longing for more, but instead Alaric entangled her in his embrace. His hand wandering to her backside as the other found the crease of her neck and willed her to arch as their kiss became more passionate and her senses all the more enthralled by his sheer presence. The feel of his body pressed to hers was intoxicating and had he not stopped Estelle was certain the moment would have lasted a lifetime if only due to her reluctance to part from him. He was everything she wanted. Everything she needed. To lose him would be to lose a part of herself. And there was no coming back after that.

Thankfully Alaric understood as much and proceeded express as much by openly stating his approval and relaying unto her his plan of action against the man who had turned against him. His eyes held as much dignity and strength as his tone and she couldn’t help but swell with pride. For surely there was nothing more incredible than the man before her. To know him and feel the way she did about him was a blessing. And even more so to receive as much in return. ”I will never part from you.” Her voice was but a whisper as she spoke, watching the back of Alaric as he turned and began to ascend the stairway towards the deck, and lay a hand upon his back as she followed in suit. The crew was rattled by the sudden appearance of the storm and she observed in subtle amusement as they scurried about like ants, rushing to cover what they could from the rain and strap down anything else that could be tossed about by the rolling waves. The rain pelted them with heavy drops, soaking each and every one of them to the bone including Alaric. But it did no more than cause him to appear all the more mighty as he rose from where he had crouched down beside Sophie and announce his intent to confront Trigger and Risk. His decision was questioned. But not once did he lose gumption as he answered both of his men’s concerns. A smile crossing his lips as he ensured them that the storm would not cease during the time they were away. The men he’d chosen to accompany them then went about gathering their weapons and joined them as they began their ascension down the Sea Dragon’s ramp and into the city of Erial.The downpour was persistent just as Alaric had claimed it to be. But whereas before Estelle had worried that such weather would not only slow Trigger’s pace, but their own as well, she was proven otherwise. In a miraculous display of his power Alaric had somehow managed to manipulate the weather yet again and shield them from the blunt of the storm. Above them, the clouds had shallowed and they were left without a single drop of water to hinder their passage through the streets of Erial and towards their destination.

Estelle watched in fascination as men, women, and children ran about in a desperate attempt to take cover from the abrupt storm that had developed over head. Their bodies soaked to the core as they hurried past and into shops and homes of the like. Lightening flashed overhead and thunder roared across the horizon as the clouds turned from a silver to a blackened grey and swallowed the kingdom for miles and miles. Had she not known what she did about Alaric, surely she would have believed the kingdom to have infuriated the wrath of the gods to have brought upon such a fearsome sight. But again it only proved to reassure her about the man’s capability to overcome. It was to be his destiny. And if Trigger believed his victory would come with ease, he couldn’t be more wrong. ”I couldn’t possibly feel more sympathy for these people. To know that for them, this will mark the day their ancestor’s graves were violated…. Loved ones brought back from the dead for the soul purpose of fulfilling one man’s selfish desires…. Such an act will surely plague them for years to come. They haven’t a clue what is to happen here.” It was a matter that may have been deemed insignificant when faced with the imminent danger lurking just beyond but nonetheless such was something she was forced to think about. She had seen many changed by the trauma in their lives. And this was no different. It gave her a new respect for human life but at the same time, a desire to help end those who sought to disrespect as much through such vile acts as those committed by men like Trigger, the king of Tavare, and Sophie’s mother. They were dismissive. Cruel. And without room for forgiveness. ”But you…. Today is the day you will be marked as a hero. To fully accept the destiny set before you by the gods. And a step closer to seeing your mother. I can’t begin to imagine how proud she will be to see you. To hear all that you’ve done.” She said with a smile and turned to glance over at Alaric before averting her gaze once more towards the road ahead. A path which was slowly changing from one of stone to that of dirt and greenery as they neared an incline and onto more ominous terrain. Her heart was beating fast and although her words came from truth, she could not deny that such conversation might have been made in an attempt to distract her from what was to come. She had faith in him. And yet, she feared even the slightest possibility of losing him at the hand of this man. ”I admit that I hope to one day be as proud of my son as she will be of you. But in truth I don’t think it fair to compare him to another. Let alone a god.”

O U T F I T
User Image

User Image
                                      Alaric was proud to have his men with him. As they all seemed to be in an uproar over Trigger's betrayal. He hadn't the need to go on about the man and what he had done-- in framing Jolly, as the boy was all too happy to tell them what injustice had been served. Although, there was a bit of silence given the sudden reveal of him being the former captain's son. Stout did not claim to have already known, but he didn't have to. The look in his eyes as he glanced back at Alaric, was all the captain needed to realize that he too had been keeping secrets. But it didn't matter anymore.

With a mere glance toward the sky, he had cleared a path for them through Erial. This was a simple port, one for gathering supplies. He had been here several times, albeit, never to visit the graveyard. However, he didn't think it would be hard to find. Because even despite being without direction, he had a sense now; he could feel Trigger-- perhaps not his presence, but his power. The spell had already begun. But Alaric thought it best not to alert those he was traveling with. Especially not Estelle, who seemed to be glowing with pride at his side. She had promised never to leave it. And irrespective of her keeping secrets, he did not wish her to. It wasn't just knowing that this child she carried wasn't a betrayal against him, but rather his true feelings beginning to surface.

He wanted to tell her. Unfortunately, he didn't know how one would go about it. As a matter of fact, he didn't think the words were even in his vocabulary-- for he had never had to do such a thing. Still, his men were far enough ahead, that he was able to take the time to at least apologize for the cruel way he had treated her. And even worse, for promising to kill her. It was not his place to deem when she would died. Yes, he had saved her life, but that was Ares will. The father Alaric thought had abandoned him, had a hand in his fate all this time-- taking none of the glory. He could only hope to know such humility. As he had gloated about his feats, and run-in's with death, as if he had no help from the gods-- when he would not have been here had it not been for the favor they saw in his mother.

Estelle already talked so highly of the woman that birthed him, that it took all he had not to be flooded with the desire to have her right here, upon with path, so that world could witness his claim to her. His eyes trailed from the ground to her face, swirling with an intensity like that of the storm he had brought. Alaric abruptly raised a hand and clapped it on her shoulder, without much more fineness than he would with his own men, although the gesture meant much more than he let on. But before he could say anything, something dropped out of the trees behind him.

The captain halted immediately, but the figure was far too fast for him to prepare for. His arm was ripped from Estelle and he turned around only to receive a swift kick to the face. Alaric groaned and stumbled backward, removing his dagger as his men turned to witness their leader's assault. The identity of the assailant however, was kept under lock and key, as they were cloaked in indigo. Reaching up with his free hand, he touched his lip, taking notice that he was bleeding as his eyes flickered with instantaneous disapproval. "How dare you!" He growled, lunging forward, only to have the figure swipe right, as he stumbled and leaned forward. His attacker then lifted a leg and dropped it over his neck, locking his hunching from between it's crease.

However the limb that shown, was not that of a male at all-- which cause his men to stop their pursuit. Alaric sighed breathlessly, seeing that whomever this was, was merely trying to make a point, or they'd have struck a lethal blow already. He was facing the ground of course, his full back exposed to the enemy. "Who are you?" Stout asked, taking one more step forward, but came no closer for fear of what they might do to his captain.

"Hum, that's a good question. Perhaps...your captain has the answer..." Came a soft, rather sultry female voice from beneath the cloak. It was familiar to Alaric. And his heart melted, as he dropped to his knees and the attacker removed their leg from his neck. He thought he might weep, but for the sake of not showing himself more pitiful, he spoke not.

"Sir, who is this?" Jolly asked hesitantly.

"She is...my mother." He choked, running a hand over his face to try and hide his emotion.

"Oh! I am? I thought you had forgotten you had one!" Soarina growled, reaching up and removing her hood-- only to reveal to the men a river of dark hair, tanned skin and a pair of hypnotizing brown eyes.

"I didn't..."

"Where the hell have you been? Ten years I waited for you! You left without a word...for what? For this lot?" She flicked her wrist at the crew as her eyes shot toward Estelle with obvious distaste.

"You're husband told me about the list in Olivera's chest. I've been seeking out the Keeper for a cure to your illness." Alaric finally stood up, his tan pants covered in mud from the ground. He turned and looked upon upon his mother, unable to do anything but smile at sight of her scowling face. "You look beautiful."

Soarina's eyes narrowed, and she sucked her teeth momentarily. "Don't you try it!"

But Alaric was already moving in. He slipped his arms around her tiny, yet tall frame and embraced her like a son who hadn't seen his mother for many years. She sighed heavily, her face falling into his chest as she began to sob.

"I missed you." He managed finally, his heart pounding so loud he was quite sure she could hear it.

"And I, you." Soarina whispered, her voice muffled in the heavy material of his cloak. "I'm sorry I kicked you in the face."

"Well, certainly wouldn't be the first time." Alaric chuckled, pulling her back so he could look her over. She honestly did look wonderful. The color had returned to her skin, her eyes were no longer bloodshot, and there no cough when she spoke. "I did tell you I was leaving..."

His mother shrugged. "I don't remember much about your leave. Mostly just waking up and realizing you were gone."

Alaric felt his stomach turn with sickness. "How did you find me?"

"I was in Weknox." She looked away, knowing what was to follow her confession.

"YOU STOWED AWAY ON MY SHIP!? Do you know how dangerous that is? My men wouldn't have even told me you were there if they found you! You could have been killed!" Soarina rolled her eyes and turned away from him, but he wasn't done. He grabbed her arm and she turned with the grace of a ballerina, kicking him in the face once more before he could even register that she had done it.

The captain roared like a wounded lion, reaching up to feel his face-- this time to make sure his nose wasn't broken. "I'm not one of these people! I don't take ******** orders from you Alaric!" She snatched her arm away in that instant and pushed through his men who looked on at her with hearts and stars in their eyes. She was indeed a feisty woman. Not at all the way that he had described her.

Alaric could only sigh, following after her, his hand smacking the back of Flint's head, as the older man licked his lips in approval. "Keep your tongue in your mouth, 'les you want to lose it." he then glanced back, knowing Estelle was bringing up the rear and offered her a smile, jerking his head forward in the hopes that she would catch up with them. He knew his mother was hurt. But he had done what had done for her own good. And now, it was just a matter of fulfilling his father's wishes, now that it seemed she was better.

"Oh, I forgot." She snapped her fingers, as Sophie came rushing out the bushes and jumped onto the back of Alaric's cloak, dressed in her own miniature version (likely made by Soarina).

The tiny girl climbed up his back like a monkey, hanging her arms around his neck. "She said if I told you, she would cut my hair off while I sleeping."

"Mother..." Alaric chastised her in disbelief.

"You ever leave my grandbaby on a ship full of sea slugs again. I'm taking her away from you." In addition to what was already a surprise, it seemed his mother had been caught up on what was going on very quickly by Sophie.

"We just...this is a dangerous mission, miss. We wanted to keep the girl safe." Stout said, trying to defend his captain. However, this was the one time that Alaric wished the man would have just stayed quiet.

"Was I talking to him?" She asked Jolly, as she turned her head left.

"No, mam." The boy replied, shaking his head vigorously.

Soarina let out a breath of relief, clapping her hand over her chest. "Oh good, I thought I was going crazy."

Stout glanced at his captain with an apologetic look, but Alaric could only shake his head. He loved his mother. She was a saint to him. "You still didn't answer my question. How did you find me?"

"Your father told me where you were. He said you would need a witch to help you open the portal in Rivdar."

He was confused. "What does that have to do with you?" He asked.

For a second time, his mother snapped her fingers, and directly behind them, a tree fell over, it's crash putting a crater in the path. The sound startled the crew, and they covered their heads, only to find they were safe from harm. "How?" Alaric inquired in shock.

"I thought I was born human, no elf powers from mom, or witch powers from...you know who. But suddenly a few weeks ago, I started to being able to use magic. It's how I healed myself."

"So the mission is off?" Sniggle asked, his hunched body wobbling beside Stout.

"No. We still find the Keeper." Alaric said, simply.

"But first, I need more power. And I know how to get it. Do you know who the King of Sonitus is?"

"Alexander Helios." Alaric replied, having been there once or twice.

"It has been said that he plans to war with Helena...we should go see when this is done."

"Aye..." He replied, just as they entered the large metal gates of Erial's graveyard. It was quiet, but vast-- and there was no telling where Trigger was hiding. The sun was already starting to go down, and due to the storm, the sky would be turning dark much sooner than later. "Split up." Alaric demanded, as Soarina turned to take Sophie off his back, pulling the girl into her arms and securing her hood. "You'll wait here..." He asked his mother, with a firm expression, to which she nodded.

With that, Alaric took Estelle's hand and lead her toward the stone building that sat in the center of the rocky terrain. It was a mausoleum that housed many tombs of much greater men than those just buried in the ground. Most likely, it was the place where his enemy had gone to do his spell.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Despite the complexity and allure of Erial’s architecture, the layout of the city was simple. Quaint even. It left little room for surprise and even less for an oncoming attack to go without being foreseen ahead of time. The road was open and due to the storm brewing overhead the trail lay desolate and void of those outside of their immediate party…. Which was why Estelle found the sudden attack on Alaric all the more dumbfounding. The woman reached for her holster where Alaric’s pistol would have been but immediately found that both were missing as she’d given them to the captain before having left the ship. And she was without a weapon otherwise. There was a sense of alarmed bestowment upon the crew as they watched in stunned silence as the cloaked figure pinned their leader between soil and limb, the sheer strength and elegance behind the assault almost melodic as the beings sheer presence demanded a certain amount of respect merely by performing such a task alone without seriously injuring the man. In fact, the fatal blow Estelle might have expected to follow did not come at all. Instead the lot was left to question the attacker’s motives, the majority silent with the exception of Stout who took a step forward in hesitance as he demanded to know who their challenger was. Still, beyond the more profound details of the shrouded figure there were some details that had not gone unnoted. The gracefulness it possessed, the slender build of the leg wedged across the back of Alarics neck….. In fact had they not spoken voluntarily Estelle would have demanded confirmation on her suspicions but instead received as much upon hearing the sound of her voice. This was no masked assassin nor a vigilante. It was a woman. And not only that but by the implications in her tone, she was someone fairly familiar with Alaric. But it was just how familiar she was that worried Estelle. The captain was not without his fair share of courtships. That much she knew by the fine collection of women’s attire stacked inside his wardrobe. None of which he had the need to keep before hand but rather something Estelle could only assume was the product of some strange sense of pride. Trophies, if you will. And it did occur to her that this woman could very well be one of the many, many wearers of such gowns. In fact it was possible Estelle was wearing her dress right that moment! The mere thought…. Walking around in the attire of this stranger whilst she threatened the life of Alaric…. Old flames were meant to die out. Should she be just that, there was no telling what she had in store for the captain.

”We don’t want any trouble….. Please… just…..” Just what? She knew better than most that a bitter lover was rarely satisfied by a petty means of bribery. It wasn’t likely that this woman had picked Alaric out of a crowd and acted on a whim. The way she adorned herself and the manner in which she had engaged with him made it clear that she had come here with a purpose. This had been planned….. But then how had she known- ”Your mother.” Estelle repeated as she looked back at the woman with eyes anew. Alaric had answered Jolly with a simple statement that made all suspicions transparent in comparison…. But that couldn’t be. Surely the elegant, patient, loving, feminine, and affectionate woman Alaric had portrayed was not the woman before her. Granted the she was beautiful and there were similarities between the two that suggested they shared some sort of relation to one another….. she by no means lived up to the image Estelle had built in her mind. She had expected someone…. Fragile. Gentle in the least but this… this was not it. She had thought that the man would be reunited with a sickly thing and bask in the relief of knowing he could heal her…. That shortly after, the two would engage in a loving embrace that spoke of the trials they had faced and the longing they’d endured to be near one another after having been separated for so long. But instead his mother expressed spite due to what she’d believed to be a lack of urgency when in reality the man had been working his entire life’s worth trying to restore her health. And here she was! Not sick in the least, but rather attacking the only child she had in this world as if hoping to punish him for not having done so sooner! Had she the slightest clue what they’d been through?!?! Did she care??? And yet despite the unappreciative tones spewing off the woman’s tongue, Alaric paid no mind to it. Instead the captain peeled himself off the ground and addressed her in a manner that would make any mother melt at the mere sight of her son for years to come, only to be regarded with bitter indifference. But it didn’t take long for Alaric’s charm to weasel past even the hardened shell his mother bore, embracing her and receiving as much in return as she wept into his chest and exchanged a more pleasant piece of conversation.

Sadly, it didn’t last. As soon as their exchange gathered more depth leading Alaric to question how it was his mother had managed to find him, the woman confessed her presence in Weknox. She had smuggled herself onto his ship. A feat that she thought Caspian had been the only one stupid enough to commit and only with the help of magic. But this woman was bound to no law and carried herself just as well without the help of others. Still the captain was displeased with the thought of this as surely the crew was no audience to be running around without the means to defend oneself. And yet again, his mother proved herself to be just as lethal without a weapon as she might have been had someone put a gun in her hand, striking her son with a second kick to the jaw and forcing him back as she ripped away and announced her independence before all. Estelle’s mouth hung open in a stupor as she watched the woman waltz off. She was far too distracted to so much as ask if Alaric was alright and seemingly she wouldn’t have had the chance to do so otherwise. The man recovered at a much faster rate than she and was quick to join the rest as he looked back. Urging her forward with a smile and gesture of the head. It was enough to bring her back and Estelle closed her mouth before scurrying to his side just as he went to scold one of his men who was amongst the grand handful that looked upon the captain’s mother with nothing less than adoration and lust. But she wasn’t the least bit finished. Before they could proceed any further the woman gave a sharp snap of her fingers and from behind Estelle could hear the rustle of leaves from a nearby bush only to turn and find that it was none other than Sophie. Again, her mouth was left ajar as she watched the child fling herself onto Alaric’s back and grab hold of him before admitting her part in the secrecy if only due to a threat that had been made unto her beautiful dark locks. ”Oh for heaven’s sake!” Estelle cried and ran hand over the top of Sophie’s head before glaring over at Alaric’s mother with a huff only to hear the spitfire of a woman warn her son by threatening to take the child away should he dare to leave her alone with the crew in the future.

She was by far the most rambunctious thing Estelle had ever seen. Practically bleeding secrets from every pore of her body as soon after she then revealed herself to be in the possession of magic as well having come into contact with Ares recently. It seemed that even after having spoken to Estelle the god was well on the move to help his son in more way than one. And it made her wonder….. if he had claimed to have wanted Alaric to reach Rivdar, why was it that he had healed his mother? It seemed there were far more mysteries than answers. And Estelle was looking forward to hearing every one of them. ”Be careful. Hide if you must.” Estelle whispered as she knelt down beside Sophie before they were to part only to stand up and move her gaze unto that of Alaric’s mother. For several moments she simply stood there watching the woman with uncertainty and likely would have done so for an extended amount of time had Alaric not taken her hand and led her away and into the seclusion of a large stone tomb. Her mind was reeling. She could barely manage the thought that woman they had spent the entirety of their time together searching for a means to cure her was here with them now. And not only that… But the way in which she presented herself! She was baffled. Blown away entirely and could only express as much as soon as the cold, chilling air of the stone walls hit her face and they were consumed by the dim lighting of the torches as they descended into the caverns below. ”Your mother…… She….” How was one to describe such a person without involuntarily insulting the woman’s son? ”Well….. Triggers going to have his hands full for more reasons than one. She’s a spitfire for sure. Now I see where you get it from…… You don’t hurt at all do you? I meant to ask before it’s just…. Well… you know.” Estelle glanced over at the captain and gently brushed the back of her free hand against his face before flushing a bright red and clearing her throat. ”She is rather miraculous. I will not deny that. Weknox…. By herself. And to have been here this entire time without anyone knowing…. She’s a strong woman. Tenacious. But I suppose that just goes to prove that nothing can keep a mother from her child.” A smile parted her lips as she looked at him for a second time although now a somewhat mischievous look had intercepted one of awe. ”You don’t suppose she’d teach me to kick like that do you?” She asked and gave the captain a slight bump with her hip.

O U T F I T
User Image

User Image
                                      Alaric glanced back as they made there way toward the large metal bars that kept the mausoleum sealed off from the outside world. Where he stood, the entrance didn't seem to be tampered with, but he had yet to fiddle with the lock to be sure. For despite the battle ahead, Estelle still seemed to want to discuss less pressing matters. She had a way of making him less focused; an effect that had both it's negatives and positives. Given the situation, the captain should have been internally prepping himself to defend his family against those with murderous intent. With his mother here, he had much more to defend. He had no idea how this night would end, and could easily over think the upcoming battle.

However, with Estelle had his side, it was hard to think about anything so unnerving. She seemed to have complete faith in him. And such was contagious, as he wasn't anxious at all. Due to being kicked in the face, he had missed his chance to properly apologize for what he had done-- the things he had said. But now his mother was secure at the entrance, gently swaying in the wind with Sophie in her arms. Stout wasn't far from her, but he wasn't with the others either. He was standing somewhere in between, his eyes cast upon her from beneath his hood. It was strange, but Alaric was almost positive that his concern was just that. There was no lust in his gaze. And so he was content with the man being there to protect what meant most to him.

Still, there was something odd about it. But when he looked back at Estelle, he understood just what it was. A strong woman, made a strong man. Alaric had been prepared to die, to prove his worth to the gods-- when such was never necessary. He had already been chosen. He just needed someone to show him the way. His purpose was greater than whatever legacy he left behind. It wasn't about becoming a god, but doing their will humbly. Not his own.

As he ascended the cracking stone steps toward the doorway into the large structure, he reached for his mistress, gently slipping his moist finger tips beneath the pit of her arm and pulling her close with great ease. In turn, he grinned devilishly, "My mother is agile yes, but she no match for me in a fair fight."

Alaric dropped down, one step lower than she, so that they were an even height. He wished to looked her in the eyes, and show himself not exalted-- but equal. All this time spent thinking himself better than others was foolish, for it was all these people that made him who he was; for his sake they were willing to stay when they wanted to go, and prone to keeping secrets they desired to tell. Alaric could have-- nay, would have-- killed them two weeks ago for their transgressions, but he was a different man then.

"Estelle." He said simply, his eyes falling beneath his cloak. She had been rather playful before, bumping him with her hip and inquiring learning a thing or two from his mother-- but he wanted to be serious, if only for a moment. "I owe you a sincere apology. When we met, I-" He shuttered to think about what he had done. "I treated you like an object, rather than a person. I requested sex of you, I...put my hands on you, I...let my men refer to you as a whore."

Alaric laughed then, almost nervously, his hand slipping into the material of his cloak as he ran the palm against the back of his neck sheepishly. "I realize now that it was not at all my...physical perfection, or sheer charm that made you--" Had she fallen for him? Or... "Stay." He tugged her even closer now, their noses brushing as he closed his eyes and basked in the warmth her body gave off. "I am sorry for treating you that way. Truly."

The captain's mouth found hers in a matter of seconds, as his hand tightened on her arm and attempted to pull her closer, albeit their bodies were already mashed together in a collide of passion. Now wasn't the time to start delving into his feelings. As a matter of fact, he felt they were far from talking about such things openly. For now, he was alright with this-- more than alright actually. "My mother is a very kind and generous woman. I'm sure she would happy to teach you anything you want." Alaric breathed against her, leaving her with one last kiss on the lips before moving up the stairs and starting at the lock on the cool metal bars of the mausoleum. "But I'd wear something to guard your beautiful face. A captain can't be caught running around with an undesirable mistress, now can he?" Not everything had changed. He was slowly working on his humility.

He hadn't suspected the lock to fall to the ground so easily, but it did, bringing him back to a state of alertness. As badly as he wanted to leave Estelle behind, just because the thought of losing her was almost too hard to bear, he reached back and offered her his hand. He told her that she could come with him-- he had told her she would die with him-- so, so be it. If this was where this woman met her end, he would gladly meet his as well; as long as his mother and Sophie stayed safe, he was content.

"He's here." Alaric warned, pulling back on the handle as the door creaked open very loudly. It was a great deal rusty, and threatened to fall right out of the frame. "Here," He reached into his sheath with his free hand, knowing that Trigger would expect him to be the one with the weapon. Alaric had no idea if the dagger could be destroyed, but he didn't want to take any chances. "Hold this on you. If you see a chance, use it." And with that he led her inside. The way ahead was murky, at best. It was dark and dingy, and not a single lantern was there to lead the way. Only the moonlight from the entrance offered them light as they proceeded toward the unknown.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Alaric’s apology was nothing short of sweet as his words were not only honest, but they held great meaning to her. It was true that even before the man had thought to mention it, she had forgiven him. For although the collision of their lives had been rough and not by any means desirable at the start, and he had treated her poorly, she had managed to overlook as much and see the captain for the man he was. Still, if this served as a means of easing his mind then who was she to reject his attempts? She would not hold the past against him. And if there was ever a time to let him know that, it was now. Though it was equally as difficult to conjure the words to reassure him as soon as he pressed his lips to hers. Her mind was immediately fuddled by the emotions swarming through her as Alaric pulled her closer, Estelle’s free arm draping over his shoulder as their bodies pressed to one another and she melted beneath the shadow he cast over her. The light had gone from the sky and the storm had turned it to charcoal leaving them in darkness with the exception of the dim glow of the moon which fought to break through the thick blanket of clouds. But to no avail. Even so the captain practically radiated against the torch lit building and she felt herself swell with adoration for him as he pulled back. Leaving her with one last kiss before parting with a remark that served to both annoy and amuse her as he turned to address the task at hand. Estelle let out a loud groan and rolled her eyes in disapproval but could not deny the man a smile as she watched him move up the stairs ahead of her. He had changed a great deal since the first day they had met. But he had not changed entirely. And perhaps that was alright. For if Alaric abandoned all that he was, Estelle wasn’t so sure she would be able to look at him the same way she did now. Yes, she had fallen for the man he had become but it did follow with its fair share of remnants pertaining to his old habits and mannerisms. Some of which she had come to love…… Love...... It was a strange thought. And not at all something she had so much as dreamt of relating to the captain before. But was it so strange to feel that way now? ”Yes well I could always ask her to demonstrate on you. Then perhaps we won’t encounter that problem. You’ll still have a lovely mistress and remain captain. After all, you seemed to have taken the first two pretty well. I don’t see the harm in you taking several more.” She jeered as she fought off the need to inspect her own emotional turmoil in depth. It would have to wait.

There was an almost suffocating aura that followed upon hearing the lock hit the paved ground before them as soon as Alaric had lifted a hand to touch it, confirming their suspicions and sending a chill up Estelle’s spine as he pulled back the metal barred door and revealed an equally eerie foyer below. The air outside was still and yet a gust of cold wind swept towards them up from below and embraced the pair as if enticing them to delve further unto the path ahead. The stairway no longer continued in ascension, but rather down into the catacombs of the tomb with sealed doors lying on either side of the hall, all of which were wielded and chained shut. Surely they led on to what she could only assume were the vaulted graves of those long since past. And whereas the dead normally wouldn’t have given Estelle reason to worry, it was now that she felt all the more unnerved by the idea of being surrounded by the corpses. The living had always been where her problems lie. But if Trigger was as Sophie had claimed, then such was soon to change. It was only a matter of catching the man before he could raise an army and wipe them out. ”The graves of men of old…… Here. Morlis, warrior of the north and the savior of the people. And look! Zacariah, the general of Erial’s royal army from five centuries past! Leon, the enforcer of his highness’ royal guard. Simon, the healer….” Estelle ran her hand over each of the stone plaques that lay pressed to each door, labeling the vaults and the bodies they served to protect within. All of which were men who’s names had been revered throughout the land in grand tales of their accomplishments and contributions to the land of their people. But never had Estelle thought that they had belonged to Erial. Such a city was not widely known. And it was only today that she’d learned of its existence. To think that it was here that they had been laid to rest….. well she most certainly couldn’t help but find excitement in this development. It certainly helped to distract her from the worries ahead. But only for so long. ”The gods will certainly not find favor in a man who defiles such graves. These men fought to preserve their people from hardship. Cured the sick, defended the weak, cared for the poor. And all Trigger cares about is his own self preservation. The souls of the dead demand respect….. Does he not care for-“

Suddenly Estelle’s body was propelled forward as she proceeded ahead of Alaric only to trip over what she had thought to be a stone. But after the blade clattered against the ground after having been haphazardly tossed from her hand Estelle reached for it and sat up. Turning around only to let out a choked breath as she scooted back several feet. There on the ground lay the form of Risk. Whether the man had died only just recently or well before they had arrived, she did not know. Nor had she known the man beyond having seen him lurking in the shadows not far from Trigger himself during her stay on the Sea Dragon. But even so, she could not help but pity the man in his current state, moving over the body and slipping the dagger between her leg and the skin of her boot as she pulled his shoulder back to find frightened, empty eyes staring back at her. ”Without respect for the dead…. Nor the living it would seem. It’s a shame…. He was naught but a pawn to him and in the end it cost him everything. Including his final breath.” Just then a dull green glow began to emit from further down the hall and around the corner, coaxing Estelle to her feet as she stood abruptly and looked back at Alaric with an alarmed gaze. They had yet to make haste. And now they were too late. ”He’s up ahead….” She wasn’t in her right mind. The urge to put a stop before he could proceed further….. the almost crippling sensation as adrenaline poured through her body and egged her to keep going and confront the man who dared threaten Alaric’s life. She had everything to lose. But she was not afraid…. Not even as she entered the room of kings. To either side of her lay stone caskets which seemed to quake with an unsettling amount of force and in the middle of the room stood a large, angelic stone figure. A dagger facing downward in its palm as it posed to protect the royals of the past….. But what sat beneath that was neither king nor corpse, but rather the son of Hades himself, pulses of ghastly energy pouring from his fingertips and swimming through the crevices of the earth at his feet and lighting the room a sickly color. The ground beneath them began to glow as Trigger’s chants intensified. The energy surging past them, up the hall, and into the vaults of the warriors that had long since passed. There was no stopping what was to come. Their fate was in the hands of the gods now.

O U T F I T

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff