Welcome to Gaia! ::

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Belva was baffled that Alexander had taken this moment to blame their family’s consistent habit of pregnancy outside of marriage on her, but knew that this would only be the start. He still didn’t know that Remian and Victoria were expecting children as well, although such could not be traced back to her influence on their daughter. ”Me?!?!? Last time I checked, conceiving a child was a process that involved two. I most certainly didn’t impregnate myself, as I’m sure you well know!” She called indignantly over the sound of the horse’s hooves beating against the ground below. Bishop’s horse was fast but she had a feeling the sound of his father’s outrage had been enough to slow him. And she couldn’t have been any more right. In fact the idea alone of Alexander turning his anger onto him sent a chill down the young man’s spine. His mother’s rage was a rare occurrence and not nearly as intense as his father’s who could practically burn a hole through your very soul with a single look. Such was even more so for one who only sought to impress the man who had raised him and hoped to one day earn the respect that he had from the people of Sonitus during his reign. Even still, it was difficult to bring Icarus to a complete stop in fear of facing the look of disappointment he suspected would be written all over the king’s face. It was only then as the thought crossed his mind that Bishop dared look back and in doing so blatantly turned away from what was ahead, just as a stray branch struck him across the chest and left him dangling over it like a wet rag as his steed trotted ahead with out him. Only stopping once it noticed the lack of weight upon its saddle. Bishop let out a groan and slipped off the branch as his feet hit the ground and bent forward with his palm pressed to his stomach as his other rest on his knee. Unfortunately the prince had dismounted so quickly that he’d forgotten about the horse rushing to meet him. ”Z-ZANDER! STOP!” Belva screeched in a panic and reached for the reigns, the side of her face pressing to his back as her fingers coiled around them and gave the attachment a good tug. Aron was sent was sent reeling back on his back legs and Belva released the reigns immediately after so that she might wrap her arms around Alexander’s torso to keep from falling off.

When the horse finally resorted to its typical stance, Bishop let out a sigh of relief and approached cautiously. His eyes scanned both of his parents to make sure they were unharmed and prepared to address them despite his mother’s obvious attempt to recover from her sudden fright as she peeled herself off of her husband one finger at a time. From where he stood, what remaining sunlight was to be had emitted from the back of them and cast a long foreboding shadow. In a sense, it made him feel much smaller than he was. Child like… and inexperienced. ”Bishop…. Are you alright?” Was he alright? He wasn’t so sure. They were standing in the woods his biological mother called home, he’d revealed a pregnancy that his fiancé wasn’t even aware of, his grandfather was dead and the last words he’d spoken to him had been full of malice and anger, and there was a darkness boiling within him that had remained dormant until several weeks ago when he’d been forced to use it. But was he alright? ”Yes… Yes I’m fine. And I’m sorry. I did not know until a few nights ago that Odette was pregnant and only learned of such through a series of visions. The boy is mine…” Suddenly, there was a lightness in his heart as the words left his mouth. And before he knew it, Bishop was smiling. ”I’m going to have a son.”

Back down the trail where the trio had departed, Estelle sat solemnly atop Alaric’s steed. Her eyes downcast as she wrung her wrists and silently listened to all it was the captain had to say. Admittedly it was times like these that she enjoyed most. Times where he inadvertently peeled back his course outer layer and revealed the man he was deep down beneath all the sea water and scars. She traced his fingers with one of her own and pursed her lips in silence as he confessed to thinking ill of his father. It was a given. And she understood that so was the possibility of Mortian feeling the same towards her. But Alaric was right. What was important was that she regretted the choices she’d made and did her best to make sure that her son had a bright future ahead. This was a second chance to raise him. She’d be a fool to waste it worrying about that in which she could not control. ”A diamond you say?” She said with a grin and turned to look up at him. She’d never heard Alaric use such terms to compliment another nor had she come accustomed to such. It seemed that whenever he did mean to comfort her it usually resorted to a rough pat to her face and a cheeky remark. But such was not the case here. And she decided it was best not to tease him for doing something right…. Well…. as best she could. ”I mean I know you believe her to be good looking but a diamond? Didn’t I warn you not to make me jealous?” She asked, knowing very well it had been her he had been speaking of. She lifted her hand and placed it on the side of his face, pressing against it just enough to angle it her way before pressing her lips to his in a gentle form of affection. ”Thank you.”

Meanwhile back at the castle, Odette and Victoria were being led to one of the many chambers to be measured for what the latter soon found out was her mother and father’s engagement party. She had heard the tale of her father’s first proposal as well as the path they’d taken to get to that point. But never had she thought either of the two regretted the manner in which they’d come into engagement. Surely such had been her father’s idea. Her mother was far too easily pleased by all the man did to see any fault in him whereas flaws were all he saw in himself. However, the gesture was sweet and Victoria hoped that such a close bond was something her and Remian too shared even as the years passed. And she hoped as much for Odette as well who seemed fairly distracted entertaining Sophie as she ran her hand over the top of the child’s head, balancing her on her hip as the servant in front of her proceeded to take measurements. ”You don’t suppose they’ll be gone long do you? I want to congratulate your mother and father.”

”Hopefully not but knowing that lot I’m almost certain they’ll return with news of the witch’s slaughter.”

”You think they will kill her? Why?”

”If you knew her, then the question wouldn’t be why. It would be why not. She’s got a rather nasty reputation with my family. Specifically my mother. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s packing a knife in her cleavage somewhwere.”

O U T F I T
                                                                              {Out.Of.Cupcakes: }
        User Image
                                                                                        • User Image
                                                                                          ◥ ◤
                                                                                          Alaric was surprised by the feel of her hand against his face. And before he knew it, Estelle's lips had found his in what most would have considered an innocent kiss. Her gratitude did not fall upon unyielding ears either, as her silky tone sent a shiver down his spine. Should he have to wait one more minute to act on a desire he'd had sense the day they met, the captain thought he might burst. It wasn't just the press of her lips that had done it, but the closeness of their bodies, and the ease she brought to his usually racing heart; this was a feeling beyond what words could describe. He didn't know what this moment was, or what it meant, however, at this point, all had been forgotten. It was as if they were the only two people among the trees of this forest-- and all he wanted to do was show her his appreciation. He surely couldn't tell her.

Albeit, Estelle had a strange way about her, that he couldn't help but adore. As she knew how to make situations that would normally make a man like himself uncomfortable, much more bearable. He had complimented her, and she had taken it lightly-- hardly making a big deal out of it. Nevertheless, he could see in her eyes that it meant something. They had a way of speaking that wasn't verbal, but unique and downright magical. It felt otherworldly, and never in his life had he been forced to restrain himself the way he did with her. She pushed his limits, while testing his strength. And regardless of the fact that his father had abandoned he and his mother as a child-- the gift of Estelle had more than made up for it.

As soon as she dared to pull away, his hands dropped the reigns as the stallion beneath them came to a halt. Alaric's mouth moved forward, collapsing over her own like a wave over the sand-- as if she would vanish had he not acted in that moment. His arms were quick, slipping under her small body as he practically tossed her into the air, pulling her into a cradling position as dismounted with her in tow. His strong legs began to carry them away with purposeful speed.

Alaric held her close to his chest, his brown cloak being the last to vanish behind the bush, where he practically melted to the ground with her in his arms-- his lips leaving hers only briefly as he fell down on top of her rather breathlessly. His blue eyes searched her pools of smokey green for a moment, before a smirk found his lips. "Are you going to deny your captain his just reward now?" He asked, leaning down and kissing her neck playfully, as his hands ran up her sides. By now, his entire body was anticipating an answer-- tingling from head to toe. "A simple thank you might do for a man, but...I'm a god." Alaric lifted his face to wink at her, hoping to win her over with charm, if nothing else. However, his mouth soon fell over hers again as he became intoxicated with the smell of her hair, softness of her skin, and taste of her lips.

◥ ◤

In the meantime, sex was the last thing on Alexander's mind. Or at least, he wanted it to be. He had not thought Bishop to be the type to give in to his carnal nature. He thought he raised him to a man that waited until marriage to engage in such acts. Then again, the elf's main focus at the time had been keeping his son away from whores. Mostly because that was all he knew growing up as a bandit. A child was a huge responsibility, and many woman sought to trap men in a predicament where they felt forced to marry.

As often as it seemed to happen around here, producing a child with someone who you were not married to-- was an offense-- sometimes punishable by death, depending on the Kingdom. And here they were on the second generation of pregnant Queen's who had yet to speak any vows. Yet, even despite this, Alexander was hard pressed to reprimand Bishop. Although Belva could have used a tongue lashing. After all, he had no intention of running the boy over. She could be dramatic at times. But this was her son as well, was he not?

When she finally released him, he let out a huff before Bishop's approach. He was annoyed, and tired, and cranky. However, something told him that this night was far from over. In addition, he had a large event planned for tomorrow. Half the Kingdom was going to be occupying the castle, and now he had to worry about...grandchildren.... Suddenly, his ears perked up, almost bursting from beneath strands of his crimson hair like daisy's from the dirt. "A boy?"

He didn't know why, but this had changed him. And in without warning, Alexander had practically fallen from the horse onto his son's shoulders-- weeping. More than anything he had wanted a child from Belva. But it was obvious that his age was keeping him from that goal. "Oh for ******** sake!" He choked, patting him on back as if he had a bad case of gas. "WOMAN! DID YOU 'EAR THAT! IMMA BE A GRANDFATHER!" It was as if he had completely forgotten the fact that she was going to a grandparent as well. For all that matter to him, was how proud he was of Bishop. This boy had taught him how to love-- how to feel. "I could not 'ave asked for a better son." He whispered, pulling him into a earnest embrace.

Sadly, the moment would be short lived, as slowly, a vine began to creep up around the ankle of the King.

◥ ◤

Back at the castle, Sophie was running her hands over every part of Odette's face whilst she rested upon the woman's hip. She was mostly trying to figure out the gender of the baby. Although she could feel it's presence-- as she was not just an oracle, but a fairy as a well-- she had not had a vision about the pregnancy, nor the birth. She figured that only one oracle was allowed to see into the child's future, and that was Bishop. There weren't many with her talents in the world, and she was sure the universe had laws about how things like this worked. Still, Sophie was very gifted. And irrespective of how tough her mother had been on her, she had learned to hone her skills to perfection. Whatever gender Odette was carrying-- that child would certainly be special. Already it's power seemed to radiate within her, and it would be both oracle and witch-- or wizard. Her only worry was-- that Bishop hadn't told her yet. Perhaps he was waiting for the right time? But Odette was already well along, almost three months. He couldn't have known all this time, and said nothing? Right?

"So, what do you want? A boy or a girl?" She spoke softly, as the female servant who had been measuring the future Queen ran off to retrieve some materials to match up against the girl's skin-- which was glowing. One might think it was because she was newly engaged, but such was not the case. "I can almost feel it's pulse." Sophie reached down with her tiny hands and pressed her fingers to Odette's stomach with a smile, knowing she was blind and may not understand words alone. "It's perfectly healthy."

◥ ◤

And the joy continued to spread, as Soarina and Indigo collided in the doorway of her chamber and refused to separate, leaving Ronan to go on about his way-- a grin plastered on his face.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Estelle was stunned by the intensity of next few moments between her and Alaric, having engaged in naught but a quick kiss only to be pulled into one of much deeper implications. She felt her body being lifted up off the horse and could practically taste the adrenaline coursing through the man as his lips crashed into hers. And before she knew it, she was being carried off into the woods as the god seemed to have completely abandoned their initial quest in favor of one of his own. It didn’t take long for Alaric to slow his pace and lay her down on the earth beneath them as his body pressed against hers and he stared down at her with eyes that did well to soften the surprised look on her face. He teased in mentioning his reward, questioning her will to deny him before resuming his assault on her senses as he closed in on her once more. The gentle press of his mouth against her skin sending a shiver up her spine as his hands ventured up her sides... It wasn’t the ideal setting. Nor the right timing for that matter. She knew their hosts were not far ahead and it would only be a matter of time before they came circling back to find them. And yet… it didn’t seem to matter as much now. The euphoria of being as close to Alaric as she was practically consumed her leaving little room for better judgment. Perhaps several weeks ago she would have denied him this opportunity. But now… when she was left with no other reason as to why she shouldn’t be completely infatuated with this man… When she too desired for this moment to last as long as he would allow it...

Of course it didn’t last. In fact just as soon as the thought was beginning to sit with her and the longing for him had almost become unbearable, Alaric ruined it with one single careless remark. And without waiting for response she soon found herself with her lips locked against his once again. Estelle’s brow furrowed as she turned her face away and wedged her arms firmly between her chest and his. One of her palms rest tightly against his collar bone as the other smacked the side of his head. Her expression was riddled with disbelief and anger towards his blatant disrespect. The very nerve! ”Alaric Axton, you are by far one of the most self entitled, arrogant, unbelievably stubborn men I have ever met! If you think for one moment that you are deserving of my body simply because of your standing then you….you….!” Estelle squirmed out from beneath him and stood as she brushed debris and leaves from her gown and hair and was thoroughly put off by the idea of engaging in any acts with him. ”I’ve slept with royalty and scum alike but not once has it ever been implied that I exchange a gift of my affections because my word wasn’t good enough. You may be a god, but you are still very much a man. And I will not, nor will I ever ‘reward’ you because of your authority over me. Your crew may think I’m your whore, but a whore I am certainly not and I won’t be treated like one!” The fairy spat as she clambered out of the shrubbery and towards the horse. They’d been alone and yet he had still managed to ruin the moment by making her feel as if she weren’t enough. Suddenly she was feeling far less confident in her decision to come along. Did he think that by making her feel inferior she would be wooed by his power and place amongst the gods? That she would feel obligated to give in to him? Was that all he was interested in? And what were to happen should she continue to deny him? Would he find such satisfaction elsewhere despite having said otherwise? ”Lets go. There’s no point in making your uncle suspect there was reason for our delay here. I suppose you’ll just have to be satisfied with my spoken gratitude. Or nothing at all.” She pouted and began to heave herself onto the horse’s saddle only to have it immediately ripped out from beneath her. The stallion let out a panicked cry as it rushed up the path from whence they were headed, clearly spooked by something in their immediate vicinity, and left the woman heaving for air as she sat up in shock. And only then did she make note of the faint shouts off in the distance… as well as the way the greenery of the forest seemed to shift and slither towards her.

Bishop was stunned by his father’s apparent switch in behavior as the realization of what Odette’s pregnancy entailed took a firm grip on both king and queen. Belva too seemed undeniably pleased with her son although remained seated upon the horse as Alexander crashed into him and pulled the prince into an embrace. He’d seen many things throughout his life time. He’d seen the dangers that await them during his journeys as a young boy, the destruction of Thalassa, the arrival of Alexander, and the hope of a place amongst this man, his father, as not a stranger… but a son. However he could not say that he had seen much in regards to himself. Odette had been a surprise to him and it was only when he had met her in person that he’d known he’d loved her. And such a development was made without the help of a vision. His relationship with her was without persuasion and like most things involving his immediate future the majority of their time together was left for him to discover on his own. He’d been wary of how he expressed his love for her as he knew what such intimacy could lead to. And yet without warning he had become completely smitten by her presence to the point that words were simply not enough to express how he felt for her. Regretfully it was that night that Odette came to understand his feelings for her. She’d never admitted to having suspected as much due to the affair but he knew. And such was why he had been hesitant to say it openly. For he knew that for her to have to find out without him saying it and being too afraid to even tell her after words…. was an act of cowardice. It was only now that he was able to look back on that night and smile. Because of it, he was going to be a father. And such was reason to rejoice. ”And I, a father.” He whispered back with a tearful glance at his mother who held her hands to her chest in adoration for the two.

However, shortly after having witnessed her elation he took note of the abrupt change of color in her skin. It became ghostly pale as her eyes widened and without warning she leaned down to unsheathe Alexander’s sword and swung it down twixt the two just as Bishop’s eyes met with a thick vine that had begun tightening around the king’s boot. But just as one was vanquished, several more shot out from the shadows and took hold of Alexander’s arm, calf, and the hand of Belva which wield the king’s blade. Bishop let out a choked gasp as he reached for his father and grab his forearm but was halted by a tightening around his neck. ”MOM! DAD!” He cried out but the vine quickly silenced him, constricting his throat at an unbearable rate. Again, he felt like nothing more than the child he’d been twenty years ago. Helpless and afraid of losing the only family he had…. And it was that very feeling that sent a dark rage burning beneath his skin, shriveling the vine and causing it break off in decayed pieces as well as turning his eyes an inky black.

Back at the castle Odette and Victoria were still trying to comprehend the mutterings of the small child on the future queen’s hip. Her small hands were gracing her stomach and although she couldn’t see it, Odette could tell the girl was smiling. ”A baby…. Are…. Are you saying I’m going to have a child?”

”But…. But that’s not possible… Did you and Bishop?”

By now both women had taken a seat next to the window with Sophie still present on Odette’s lap. She was quiet a moment but began nodding slowly as she looked up at Victoria, her eyes searching for a face she could not see. ”Yes… Yes three months ago. But I didn’t… I didn’t think that I’d… I’m going to be… A mother!” Her disbelief was apparent but so was her joy as a smile split across her face. And Victoria was quick to join in. ”Oh Odette! You and Bishop are going to be parents! I’m going to be an Auntie!” The princess laughed gleefully and pulled a moist cheeked Odette into her arms, bringing Sophie with her and placing a kiss upon both their heads. ”Oh Sophie what a blessed child you are! If I have daughters I pray they are at least half as clever as you!”

O U T F I T
        User Image
                                                                                        • User Image
                                                                                          ◥ ◤
                                                                                          Vera had seen what transpired between Alaric and Estelle-- as matter of fact, she was so distracted by their tiff, that she didn't noticed Belva thwarting the forest attack on Alexander. Quickly, she moved from the emerald brush which kept her well hidden from the group, her hand flying out as she sent more vines to attack the King-- each taking hold of a limp as they shot out from beneath the dirt that covered the path they were on. And when Bishop tried to rescue him, she snapped her fingers-- as another slithering, plantlike appendage took the boy by the neck. She could feel the darkness in him. And after all his father had done to protect his only child from himself, it seemed the royal family hadn't done much to keep him from his nature.

Vera was already running from Liam-- she did not want to flee from her own blood as well. However, it seemed that his death was the only thing that would prevent as much. Her fingers slowly came down, as she created a fist, gesturing for the vine to strangle and kill the Prince, but unfortunately, his powers had already developed. And soon, she found that he was free-- his eyes inky as the once vibrant and alive foliage, decayed before her very eyes. She was met with not only a formidable force, but a god as well. Therefore, she thought it best to quit while she was ahead. If Alexander was smart, he had been practicing with his gifts as well. She was out matched. "Well, well. Look who it is." She said, emerging from the shadows as the last of the daylight began to fade away. "Handsome as ever." Vera winked, batting her eyes as she lowered her hand and the vines fell from the elf.

He growled loudly, his gaze meeting hers briefly, as her shimmering red heels snapped the branches beneath her feet. "You almost killed my son!"

"Yes, better I kill him, then he kill you. You did a fine job of keeping him from magic." She spoke sarcastically, sucking her teeth as she approached the three. Bishop was radiating with darkness, as his father reached out to touch his shoulder. Vera merely snapped her fingers, and watched as the color began to return to his pupils, and the whites of his eyes returned. She had put it back to sleep, but there was no telling when whatever evil lay inside the boy would come out again.

"Last I 'eard, you weren't allowed to kill anyone." Alexander hissed, his head snapping her direction.

"Yes, well..." She replied, rolling her eyes. "What is it you want? I have lived here in peace for twenty years. Is she pregnant again? Not sure who the father is?" Vera said cheekily, licking her lips at Belva deviously.

"Uh, gods. I don't 'ave time to deal with this b***h right now." Alexander roared, placing a hand on his wife's leg to keep her from leaping on the witch. "ALARIC!"

The captain had barely pulled himself off the ground when he heard his uncle call for him. He was still trying to wrap his head around what had happened between he and Estelle. And wasn't sure he was mentally prepared for the mission they set out to accomplish any longer. Never before had he been rejected by a woman, let alone right before the deed was to be done. As a matter of fact, she had seemed willing-- practically melting beneath his touch. He felt her body react to him-- he had witnessed her shallow breaths and had felt her respond to every kiss. And yet, she had no interest in laying with him.

Surely, he had been a bit arrogant. But did she truly believe that he actually thought this a reward? Did she think he thought her no more than a whore, when he had clearly reacted negatively to the King referring to her as such? Was it not apparent that he thought much more of her? It was hard to believe that someone could think him so cruel. Then again, being feared was all he prided himself on aboard the Sea Dragon. Perhaps she could not see passed the past.

Alaric felt his heart sinking with every step that he took, as he exited the trees and moved to help Estelle up off the ground with one hand positioned roughly under the crease of her armpit. He didn't know what had spooked the horse, that is until he saw the glint of red up the path. The woman was unfamiliar, so he could only assume that this was the witch they had come to see.

Alaric grunted, beginning to pull his mistress along-- for he had been beckoned to move with haste by Alexander, who was now pacing in front of the horse his wife was on. "Our horse just took a vacation." Alaric chimed, as they joined the group, his eyes moving over Vera momentarily. She looked familiar... "You look like someone I use to know, lass."

"Your savior perhaps." She replied matter of factually, folding her arms across her chest.

"No. That's not it." Alaric corrected her with gravel in his tone. "You resemble the witch that held my mother captive for almost one hundred years."

"Olivera was not nearly as beautiful as I am." Vera spat. "She was an old hag. And the only reason you're alive is because I told her not to kill you when you were born."

"Wait." Alexander growled, his hand bound to shoot out and strangle Vera where she stood. "You knew my sister was alive all this time!?"

"Soarina was taken from you for a reason. I cannot interfere with your fate."

"I'm going to--"

Alaric reached out, his hand stopping the elf from attacking the woman. "You knew..."

"That your father was Ares, the god of war? Yes. He came to me."

"Aye, it seems he visits everyone but me."

"WHAT!?" Alexander frowned, his mouth falling open. "This...that...NO."

Alaric drew a breath, his sad blue eyes shifting to Estelle momentarily before falling to the ground. "Why are you here?" Vera rebutted quickly.

"I...I wanted to contact Daemos in the underworld. My grandfather, Liam, has taken the lives of my crew, and I want to make a deal with him...for their souls." He lifted his gaze. "I was told it my destiny was to return the position of the Keeper to Hades son."

"Is that what you were told?" Vera grinned. "Yes, your birth was special, but you were not meant to return Trovalos to the underworld. That would be Liam's doing."

"Did my father tell you that?" Alaric asked incredulously.

"Why yes, he did." She paused. "You were born to keep your mother from committing suicide. She was sad, and depressed...alone. And Ares loved her. The only reason the gods allowed the pregnancy, was because you would lead her back to Alexander and heal his broken heart. He is a elf who is deeply emotional, and could die of dejection. He has lost both Cavril, and Silas. Alexander has favor with Zues. And his existence, had kept balance in this world. If he should die prematurely, this Land would crumble at Daemos feet. Who by the way, is running free."

Alaric did not speak, as a matter of fact, he thought he might dissipate into thin air, given how little he felt upon hearing such news. It seemed after all this time, he was not meant to be great-- or try and earn favor with the gods. No, instead, he was simply a means for Alexander to achieve more greatness. Estelle was right. He was just as much a man, as he was anything else.... "Daemos is free?" The King asked, stepping back off of Alaric's hand, as it fell by his side.

"Trovalos has taken his spot in the underworld. Both Daemos and Liam were here not two nights ago. It's not safe. Return to the castle." And with that, the woman was gone.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Just as things had begun to escalate past the point of remedy, the vines restraining the royals fell. And it was soon revealed that the culprit behind their attack was none other than the woman they’d sought out. Bishop could feel his gut turn at the mention of Vera’s attempt to kill him and a snarl part his lips as he prepared to reach for her only to hesitate at the touch of his father. Suddenly there was a snap and he could feel the rage within drain until he was naught but mildly annoyed, his fingertips still slightly blackened as they’d been the first time he’d used his power but otherwise contained. It had felt as powerful as it had been terrifying and such fears were not left to him alone. Vera, again, opened her mouth much to the disdain of both Belva and Bishop and made a remark as to the threat he posed. He could barely concentrate on his father’s rebuttal. It was true… he was dangerous. But to suggest he might act out against those he loved….
                                                                              ”I wouldn’t….” He muttered looking to Belva with a desperate expression to which she quickly knelt over and ran a hand over his head. The queen opened her mouth to comfort their son but as soon as she attempted to do so she caught wind of the sharp remark Vera had made and immediately turned to face her. ”You insolate, heartless, gutless harpee of a b***h!” She shrieked and leaned on her saddle as she prepared to launch herself off the horse and descend upon the witch like a wild animal. Fortunately, for the second time, Alexander had managed to restrain his family with a single touch. Belva reluctantly paused and looked down at her husband with frustration but withdrew from the notion of assaulting Vera if only to abide by his wish.

Before long Alaric too came to join them with Estelle in tow who looked just as irate as she was confused by the addition to their group and the array of plant life strewn about haphazardly along the path. ”Who’s this?... What happened here?” But before either question could be answered Alaric addressed the woman before them, noting her resemblance to someone he’d met in the past. The woman seemed to think highly of herself and claimed she was the captain’s savior only to be met with a harsh tone as he corrected her in stating his recognition was of no such thing, but rather the similarities she shared with the witch who had imprisoned Soarina and he oh so long ago. Vera immediately rebutted with a look of disgust and haughtiness as she expressed her belief in having appeared far more beautiful than the witch Olivera…. and that the god’s life was only spared by her request. Estelle’s brow furrowed as the pieces slowly began to fall into place and she was not alone in such epiphanies as Alexander too seemed to come to and realize that this woman who had spoken to him twenty years prior, thrived in their kingdom in solitude, and left her child to be raised by those not of his own blood had also been aware of Soarina’s existence and yet neglected to mention as much. Well over one hundred years had passed and during that time both sides of the Helios family had suffered at the separation between them. Soarina having spent years alone and in the care of a cruel and neglectful witch while Alexander endured the guilt and pain of having lost a sister at such a young age. To know such a tragedy could have been avoided with but a single word from Vera left them not only in complete disbelief, but anger that was without equal. Bishop’s eyes burned with hatred for the witch as the queen to their side disregarded her husband’s initial desire for her to stay put and leapt from the steed’s back. Her hands clawed the air as she reached out for Vera’s throat only to be caught mid descent by Bishop who quickly pulled his mother into his arms by the waist if only to protect her from putting herself in danger at the hands of the deceptive woman before them.

”I’LL KILL HER! BY THE GODS I’LL WRANGLE HER SKINNY NECK TIL THERE IS NOTHING LEFT AND HER HEAD LOPS OFF INTO THE DIRT TO BE TRAMPLED BY TEN THOUSAND HORSES! YOU VENEMOUS WRETCH! YOU BILE FILLED SACK OF A HUMAN BEING! YOU WASTE! YOU- YOU LITTLE s**t!”

”Mother….”

”YEARS! YEARS BISHOP! FOR YEARS HE HAS MOURNED AND SHE KNEW! SHE KNEW ALL ALONG!”

By now the prince had lifted her up off the ground to carry her a safe distance from the group so that he might put her at ease but even as he walked away Estelle could still hear the enraged cries of the queen as she threatened the life of the woman who had held so much from them. It was clear to her. This witch… She was just as bad as the one who had imprisoned Alaric and his mother. And it only got worse from there. ”No….. No that’s not possible. He came to me. He said that I was to help Alaric achieve his goal and reach the underworld. You cannot possibly tell me such was a lie!” But she could see in the eyes of not only the witch, but Alaric as well, that such was the truth. For had he fought the idea of such to be true then she would have as well. It was only in seeing the man who had been the bravest and most stubborn in all the land give in to such a notion that Estelle found herself without the ability to argue otherwise. ”What kind of man lies at the expense of others….. Has he no shame?” The fairy’s eyes were downcast as the king then went on to confront the witch in regards to her having mentioned the former king of Sonitus who was now, as she had claimed, free and without tethers to bind him to the prison of the underworld. And with that, she was gone. Leaving the majority of the group bewildered and broken. They had gone into the forest with the hope of bringing peace to their lives and putting an end to the pain that plagued them…. But they left in despair and an ache in their hearts.

O U T F I T
        User Image
                                                                                        • User Image
                                                                                          ◥ ◤
                                                                                          The ride back to the castle was done in silence. Alexander held his wife, allowing her to take the reins as he rested his weary head on her shoulders. He loved Belva, and he was proud to call such a fiery woman his wife. He knew she was upset about the things Vera had said-- it was likely that even after twenty years, she hadn't recovered from when she found them in the courtyard together. But he had never been unfaithful to her, not after asking her to marry him. Yes, their relationship had started off rough, however, he believed now more than ever that this union was sanctioned by the gods. Vera had no reason to lie. Zues must have seen favor in him; especially to return his entire family-- his mother, father and sister. It was a blessing that filled him with more joy than he thought one man could feel. Alexander had wanted nothing more than what he had now. All that was left to do was secure it. Which meant that he needed to get rid of Liam once and for all. Despite Silas being gone, the gods saw fit to send him another child of the warlock. Tonight he and Ha'an would work on the specifics of the spell in the library. Therefore, he departed at the entrance of the castle from both Belva and Bishop, leaving them a kiss on the forehead, and went to find the elf so that they could get to work. Unfortunately, he was no where to be seen. And Olivera's grimoire was missing.

Alexander spent the night turning the place over-- hollering for servants, butlers and maids alike to help him search for it. But there was nothing. His heart was shattered beneath the pressure of his responsibility to keep what his children had found safe. He had trusted Ha'an, and now both he and Andromeda were gone. Once again, Liam was one step ahead of him-- which seemed to run in the family, given that his father had failed to killed the man, despite having several opportunities to do so. "FIND IT!" He growled, reaching down and flinging one of the glass tables onto the marble floor, where it shattered into a million pieces.

"Alexander, it's not here." Ana whispered, wringing her hands together as her big brown eyes filled with tears.

"And Ha'an?" The King muttered, attempting to swallow his pride. Surely, his children would find fault in him for so blindly trusting a man who had betrayed their grandfather.

"Gone."

Alexander turned, seeing a figure in the gold archway of the library. It was the form of a man, with the wings of a bird-- and he knew only one with such a silhouette. The elf was prepared to send him away; he was prepared to misdirect his anger. But when Remian stepped into the light he felt something strange, it was sympathy. The boys face was moist, and the whites of his eyes were bloodshot. "I tried to stop them. Liam was here as well."

Alexander's eyes widened as Ana's cry rung out through the dome shaped room-- Remian's chest was covered in his own blood. "No!"

The bird staggered, his body tumbling forward in slow motion, as Alexander broke into a run, catching him in his arms as they both slumped to the floor. "Who did this to you?" The elf whispered, not sure what to do, as Ana ran passed into the hallway, screaming for the medical adviser. Suddenly the room was in a buzz, as the butlers and maids scattered-- going to grab supplies to save the bird's life. But Alexander couldn't focus on anything else but what was at stake. The death of Remian would not just be tragic for this family-- the world was depending on the Phoenix to bring the sun. "REMIAN, REMIAN WHO DID THIS?" He growled, his arms tightening around his shoulders as he felt his large body trembling in his grasp.

"My mother..."

The morning came, and only those who had been awake in the dead of night knew about what had occurred in the library. But by morning, the maids and butlers were moving to each room to tell those who had come to adore the young bird about what had happened. The fact that Liam had been able to infiltrate the castle twice, was not something that Alexander wanted his people to know. However, keeping it from them the first time had been a mistake. When Silas had left them, he felt the presence of the warlock, and now he was paying the price for his pride. He had wanted to be in the infirmary to support his family once they heard the news, but the elf was far too busy wallowing in self pity. He felt responsible for this, and there were no words that could take away the anguish and anger that was building inside of him. More than anything, he wanted these betrayals to stop. How could a mother stab her own son? The mere thought made Alexander want to vomit. The sun had not come up this morning. And despite it being eight a.m, moonlight still show through his bedroom window. This was suppose to be a day of celebration, and yet he was grieving.

However, the King wasn't the only one who had been in low spirits. Alaric couldn't even bare to look at Estelle, let alone ride the same horse with her. So instead, he pulled it by the reigns and allowed her to occupy the saddle alone. He was thinking about all that had been said by the witch, and although he didn't want to believe it-- he doubted she had reason to lie to them. Perhaps she known Olivera, but she was different than her. Alaric may not have been the most intuitive, but he knew evil when he saw it. And she was not that. Perhaps she was a bit insensitive, abrasive, and overly confident, but none of that made him believe she was out to put them on the wrong path. The fact that she had come out of her home to warn them, instead of killing them on the spot with the advantage of surprise, was enough to make Alaric believe every word that had rolled off her tongue. And to think that he had no purpose-- that it wasn't he that had found favor with Zues, but his uncle-- it was almost too much to bear. He had spent his life destroying every obstacle that come to his way, to prove that he was worthy of glory. And yet, he was here to glorify someone else!

Alaric was wrought was rage, as he retired to the chambers he had been given. Ares had come to everyone and given them a purpose, yet when it came to his own son, he neglected to give him any reason for being. His mother had been fine all these years without him. If she was his cause-- then surely he no longer had one. It was all too much. But as he finally lay his head down to rest, his door creaked open, and Sophie came tip-toeing in. She didn't say anything. However, Alaric knew she was connected to him in a very invasive way. She could get into his mind. "You should be with your grandmother."

"What about my father?"

"I'm fine."

"My mom called fine-- ******** up, insecure, neurotic, and emotional. Yes, you are all of these things."

Alaric turned his head with a smirk, surprised by her language-- yet amused. "Watch that mouth, lass. You may be raised by a sailor, but you are still a lady."

"I need to tell you something." Sophie replied, her face very serious as she moved to his side.

"What is it?" Alaric rebutted, getting his elbow underneath him as he turned to face her.

"Remian is going to die." Although she had been emotionless only moments ago, she burst into tears right before Alaric's eyes.

"What time is it?" He asked, realizing he hadn't been paying attention to how long he had been moping around; his heart began to thump.

"It's morning. But there is no sun."

Immediately, Alaric was got up, throwing Sophie over his shoulder as he ran out of the room to find the bird.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Victoria had fallen asleep with no indication of where Remian had gone, but with every intention of speaking to him further of matters regarding their children. An entire afternoon spent with her pregnant soon-to-be sister in law had plagued her with the longing to rejoice in the existence of her own offspring as well. And after having confessed to as much, she had immediately brought Odette and Sophie to see the eggs for themselves. It had been a peaceful time spent together wondering what the children would be like, if the three of them would get along well enough, and how well off the women would be in teaching their children how to survive in a world filled with as many dangers as there were celebrations. However such was short lived as with the return of her parents, cousin, his woman, and brother Victoria discovered that not all shared in their elated mood. Their visit with Vera had brought out the bitter side in her mother and both parents seemed drained from the encounter while the captain and his expecting companion seemed put off by their own worries, both retreating to their separate rooms leaving Bishop and Odette to speak privately. She hadn’t admitted as much, but Victoria suspected that Bishop was aware of the pregnancy as his strange and somewhat distant mood that morning at breakfast read all too well of a man with much on his mind. And so after Sophie had retired for the evening and all else fell quiet, Victoria returned to Remian’s room to wait for him to return. Admiring the two orbs that lay bundled together on a pedestal beside the bed before drifting off into unconsciousness.

It had not been the sun that had awoken her nor the voice of Remian, but rather the urgent shouts of the servants as they scurried up and down the hall. On such a day, she would have normally assumed this to be due to the celebration that would accompany that very night but…. Something about the tone in their voices sent a chill throughout her body. The princess’s eyes peeled open and she sat up. Remian still had not returned and although such normally would have given her reason for concern, she decided not to settle with the idea that he wanted time alone before confronting her father less he be doing just that whilst she sat in his room. The notion was enough to pull her from the bedding abruptly as she scurried for the doorway, kissing their eggs before running off to her room to get dressed and finding herself satisfied with one of the few gowns she had chosen ahead of time strictly for the occasion. Granted her father would be angry but Victoria hoped to win him over with charm and remind him that tonight was not meant to spent arguing, but rather celebrating the second engagement between her mother and father and the reunion of Soarina. A smile lit her face then as she dwelled upon the fact that their family was seemingly growing with every passing day, but was immediately wiped away by the abrupt sound of her door being swung open as one of the servants burst in. ”Excuse me!?!?!?” Victoria spat amidst her surprise as she whirled to face the flushed woman on the other side of the room. ”I’m so sorry your highness but it’s urgent. The phoenix….. He’s been wounded! His mother came with the enemy in hand and they’ve run off with the grimoire….” But all else that was said fell upon deaf ears. For as soon as she’d made mention of Remian, Victoria’s body filled with a rising heat that could not be contained and dread washed over her in realizing that her fiancé, the father of what would at any given moment would be their children, was hurt. Her negligence in not having kept a close eye on him, neigh, for not questioning his absence simmered beneath her skin as she darted across the room and grabbed the servant by the shoulders. ”WHERE?!?!? WHERE IS HE!?!?”

”T-The infirmary! Oh but please your highness! He isn’t fairing well! You mustn’t-“ But she’d heard enough and without any regard as to the woman’s objections Victoria ran up the hall. Tears stung her eyes and streaked her cheeks as each window she ran past bore nothing but the heaven’s night. The halls had remained lit and despite her body telling her that it was morning she had every other reason to believe it wasn’t. It didn’t take long for her to barrel past the rest of the staff strewn throughout the halls and make her way to the forefront of the infirmary’s doorway where she was met by both Odette and Bishop followed closely behind by her mother. They too were in tears, but Victoria refused to join them in grieving before having seen him. She would not take part in their pity until she knew there was nothing more she could do for him. For all the years she’d spent feeling lost, all the days that had passed getting to know Remian, being saved by him, she could not bear losing him now.

"Tori….”

”Don’t you dare.” She breathed and shoved past the crowd so that she might go to him. The staff were reluctant at first, wanting to bait her off with promises that they were doing all they could to save him but Victoria refused to be told she could not see him. After shoving several servants to the side she pried open the room to the infirmary and slipped inside with her mother close behind only to have the doors shut behind them. Blood stained fabric filled several baskets which were being carried out to be washed and there in the infirmaries bed lay the form of what could only be described as the broken remnants of the man she knew. Healers stood close at hand, hovering near by and whispering amongst one another. All curtains were drawn back but all that shone inside was the moon’s glow and the inky backdrop surrounding it. A foreboding sign in itself. Victoria felt her heart shatter at the sight as the arms of her mother wrapped around her, allowing her daughter a moment to sob into her before deciding against weeping in front of him and walking cautiously to his bedside where she took a seat and gently grasped his hand in hers. ”…… Remi?….” She wanted to be strong. To give him hope. Even if it felt as if such were slipping through her fingers. She wanted to believe that there was still a future for him. And in order to do that, she needed to be readily available to support him.

Victoria wasn’t alone in such thoughts as Estelle too had spent the entirety of her night stirring in bed wondering if leaving Alaric alone had been the best decision. But by the time she had come to the conclusion that such was not the right thing to do, her mind had drawn away and left her to fall into a deep sleep, only awaking when it felt ready to deal with all that had transpired the evening prior. Her curtains were drawn shut, leaving her oblivious as to the lack of light on the other side and granting her a moment to herself before prying herself from the sheets and readying herself for the day ahead before making her way to Alaric’s room. Unfortunately, as she pushed open the door she found it to be without its typical occupant. In fact, there was no sign of Alaric even having been in the room although she believed as much to be due to the fact that the maid now tending to the bedding had done an excellent job of tidying up.

”Oh! Miss!”

”The man staying in this room… Where is he?”

”Then you have not heard….”

”Heard? No I have not heard. Heard what?”

The maid ventured towards the window, pulling back the curtains to reveal a darkened sky with stars scattered about. ”The phoenix. He is dying….” Estelle moved closer as her fingers trailed across the glass surface only to withdraw in disbelief. How could this have happened? ”Gods be with us……”

O U T F I T
        User Image
                                                                                        • User Image
                                                                                          ◥ ◤
                                                                                          Ronan came bursting into the chamber of the King without any regard for the man's title, or the guards standing outside the door. However, as soon as he found himself clawing for the elf, he was meet with metal, as one of each Alexander's men took either of his arms to try and restrain him. It was well know that the dragon and elf did not get along. But he was hardly here for a tiff. His outraged was caused by the news he had received from Soarina. She had been there when Remian was hurt-- as he was injured defending her. Liam had come to take his daughter hostage and retrieve Olivera's grimoire, for the combination of both had the power to destroy him. However, the young bird was as brave as he was noble. He stood in the way of the warlocks success, and therefore Andromeda was ordered to attack. Soarina said she warned him, that she hadn't wanted to hurt the boy-- but it was too late for that. Ronan couldn't fathom that the creature he was once loved was capable of such a thing. She was very much in her right mind, despite the souls that inhabited her body-- and whatever she had used to injure him, had been a very powerful weapon, something that Ronan refused to believe was even from this world.

The dragon was in a fit of rage, and his potion was starting to were off with tremendous speed. Upon his back, dark wings appeared, shoving both guards back as he stumbled still on human feet toward Alexander. The King wore a look of surprise on his face, as Ronan did not hide his dejection. "We need leave! We must take revenge!" He wept at the elf's feet humbly, hoping he would see this as the most honest he had ever been. His heart was thudding against his chest like waves upon the sand, and he didn't know how much longer he could remain conscious in such a frenzy. His body simply wanted to shut down-- he couldn't live without his son. "Please just-- give me a group of your men! I'll go!"

Alexander was silent for a moment, and Ronan was afraid of hearing the word no, come out of his mouth. But instead, the elf reached down for his arm and helped him to his feet. The dragon's eyes shown through now, no longer green-- but glowing like orbs of yellow light in the dark. "If you go, you'll die too."

Ronan's pale face overflowed with tears as he shook his head looking up at the King. "I can't do nothing!"

"Then go be with Remian."

"I...I can't see him like that! You don't know! You know what's like to be a failure of a father like I was!"

Alexander looked surprised by his statement, his azure eyes narrowing. "I know what it was like to 'ave one." Ronan could agree, Cavril was not a good man. "My father was always trying to prove 'is worth. But I realized that, I would 'ave rather 'ad 'im 'ere being nothing-- then have lost him trying to be something."

It was in that moment that the dragon noticed that this was no simple elf-- this was a leader with knowledge beyond his years. For he had said exactly what Ronan needed to hear. And in that moment, he fell into Alexander's chest, embracing him. "Please don't let my son die." He whimpered. "I need him. Victoria needs him...they...their having twins."

He felt him stiffened, and he feared the worse. "She's pregnant?"

"No...no. Remian laid two eggs."

"And she..."

"Fertilized them with her blood. Your blood..."

Suddenly, both men were weeping, sinking to the floor in a mixture of grandfatherly saddness and happiness that only they could understand.

Downstairs in the infirmary, Remian found he was not alone long. Although he was having trouble staying awake, he swore to himself that he would not pass from this Earth until he saw Victoria. He believed the sight of her, was enough ease the pain. The nurse had done everything she could for him, and now healers were standing scattered throughout the candle lit room in the hopes that their chants would mend what had been broken-- but they hadn't seen it, they hadn't seen the dagger his mother had plunged into him. They had not seen the disappointment in her eyes when he did not turn to ash that Ha'an could consume, as promised by Liam in exchange for Soarina-- who they had abducted from her chamber. Whatever this weapon was, it's magic could not be undone. Now that his eggs were separated from his body, they held his power to bring the sun. And therefore, it would rise again once they were hatched. For some reason, it made him proud to know what his grandfather hadn't gotten what he wanted-- that his mother had betrayed her son for no reason at all. She thought that giving him her power, would make the elf love her. But instead, she lost everything. Liam and Ha'an had taken off together, leaving Andromeda to exit the castle alone in a fit of rage. Soarina cried over his body and went to find help, and that's when he left to inform Alexander of all that had happened. The King's concern over what had occurred was refreshing and beautiful in the bird's eyes. To have been held by his future father-in-law was more than he could have ever wished for-- even despite the dire circumstances. If this was the way he was to die, then so be it. He trusted Victoria to be a wonderful mother. And he hoped she would marry, so that his children would have a father. But somehow he knew she wouldn't; their bond would transcend death. He was the only one for her.

"I am alright." He whispered gruffly, as Victoria appeared with her mother, and had a seat beside him. Her hand was warm, but he could not feel it. Most of the nerves on his left side were damaged from being stabbed in the heart. "I have something for you." Luckily, his right side still had mobility, as he reached into the pocket of his navy pants and removed a shimmering ring from his pocket. After he and Belva had talked, Remian had gone in pursuit of token of his love. "But first, a joke." He cleared his throat, shifting his head on his pillow to look at her. She was always lovely to him, but today, she outshone stars. "What is the difference between a bride and a groom?" Remian didn't know much about being funny, but he had asked Sophie for a joke that would lighten the Princess's spirit when she came to see him. "The bride gets a shower, and for the groom...it's curtains." He didn't know what the joke meant, but the child had found it funny. "This is for you. Something you can always me by." Remian hadn't the strength to put it on her finger, but he offered it to her, so that she might do it herself. "I love you very much. Do not ever forget that."

Ares found himself distraught by the situation that had befallen the humans. For a life of darkness was not one he had foreseen for Alaric. As he wished only the best for his son. The plans for the boy's life, had not been set in stone. And it seemed those who could see into the future had altered the destination that Ares had set in place for the pirate captain. Liam had tapped into a power that even the god stay away from, as it came from an evil place of demons and shadows. He was ruining everything. And now, it seemed that his son would have glory-- but only in death...

Alaric soon arrived at the infirmary, having taken plenty of wrong turns, no thanks for Sophie. He got a feeling that she was trying to avoid having to see Remian again. And despite him not knowing the man for very long, he had a great deal of respect for his humility and kindness. He reminded him of Jolly-- and allowing someone else so innocent to leave this Earth pained him. However, before he could make his way inside, he found his mother sobbing outside the door. Her body was shaking, and Alaric found himself drawn to comfort her. He placed Sophie down, and moved forward to embrace her. "What's wrong?" She didn't answer at first, her face finding his chest as she wept. "Mother?"

"Remian..."

He understood her heart, and just how big it was. The fact that was grieving did not surprise him. "He was a good kid."

"He saved my life. Andromeda was not trying to kill him. She was trying to kill me! Liam may be forbidden by Olivera's spell to lay a finger on me, but she's not."

Alaric looked down, lifting his mother's chin so that he could see the truth in her eyes. "He doesn't even know you. Why risk his life?"

"Sweetheart, there are some men in this world who breath selflessness. They don't know arrogance, or confidence. They just know right from wrong."

Alaric felt like he too had been stabbed. His own mother thought these things of him! As did Estelle! As did his father! They believed that he did only for himself. And now, he could see that such was nothing less than honesty. He released her in that moment, and Soarina shook her head furiously, reaching for him but he shrugged her away. "No, that's not what I meant!"

"It is." Alaric rebutted, as he felt for the handle and entered the room. There were many standing around, crying over the Phoenix-- and the captain too felt like he might break into billions of tiny pieces. For when he died, no one would care. He would never have his crew back, his father abandoned him, his mother thought him heartless, and Estelle believed he would never change. He had no purpose. But he could give himself one.

In that moment the room began to quake, as the marble floor beneath his feet cracked and his eyes went black. Winds began to shuffle through the room, as lightning struck the ground outside and thunder rumbled in the distance. Without much thought as to what he was about to give up, he lifted his hand as a beam of white shot from his palm, causing those who had been moving to aid the bird to stop, in awe of the display of godlike power.

Remian lifted weakly from the cot, as his wings shot forth in defense. "NO! STOP!" But it was too late. Alaric's life flashed for his eyes, as the wound that had been in the chest of the bird transferred and appeared in his own; crimson spouts of blood began to leak from his bare chest, as he hit the ground with a thud.

The son of Ares was dead.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Despite as much pain as she was certain he was in, Remian somehow managed to claim otherwise although it was clear by the hoarse tone of his voice that such was weighing heavily upon him. She wanted to hold him, to pull his body into her arms and reassure him that, yes, he would be alright. Unfortunately his fragile state prevented her from doing just that and in fear of making things worse Victoria was forced to sit idly by as he suffered. Even so, Remian refused to allow her a moment without distraction as he then produced a ring. One that was both beautiful and filled her with sorrow in realizing that although the gesture was there it did not mean that he would live to fulfill their vows together. But he didn’t allow her to dwell on it for long as he then recited a joke that she was certain couldn’t have any worse timing. Still Victoria let out a laugh and wiped at her reddened eyes only to let out a groan shortly after. ”Oh Remi, that’s terrible! But I can’t say I adore you any less for trying.” Her lips quaked as her smile faded and she slipped the ring on her finger, pulling Remian’s hand close and kissing it gently as what she could only describe as words of defeat rolled off his tongue and sent tears rippling down her face once again. Her smile had reappeared but the amusement was not there. ”No… No don’t say that. You’ll always be there to remind me, won’t you? We will see each other every morning… We’ll raise our children together. Teach them to be as strong, kind, and loyal as their father… I’m too selfish to let you go Remi.…. I’ll wrestle the gods for you if I have to.” She whispered as her fingertips brushed over the top of his head, pushing back strands of hair. Already she could see the bandages covering his wound begin to seep with red fluid and it was apparent in Remian’s tone that this was indeed what he believed were his final moments. But Victoria couldn’t accept it. It was too much to ask of one man who had everything to live for. Never before had she met someone so deserving of life, so grateful for all he had, and considerate of those who were naught but strangers to him. ”You are everything this world needs, if not more. And I could not be any more proud to love someone as brave, forgiving, and honest as you.”

Just then the doors to the infirmary opened once more allowing her cousin to slip inside followed shortly thereafter by Odette in Bishop who lingered behind as the captain approached. The windows lit up as lightning struck the earth surrounding the castle and illuminated the room with an unsettling amount of energy and before she knew what was happening she was being pulled away from the bed by her mother. There was a blinding light followed by Remian’s shouts and everything in that moment told her he was dying. That somehow the gods had outdone her will to hang on to him and his very soul was being ripped from the room. ”REMIAN!” And then…. All grew still. There was a brief thud and the sound of footsteps in every which direction as she ripped away from her mother and reached out for her fiancé who she could now see sitting up in his bed. His bandages were lopsided and the color had returned to his face… but such could not be said for Alaric who lay slumped on the ground. Blood poured from the wound on his chest and Victoria felt a wave of realization hit her as she turned back to Remian, her hands falling over his torso and shakily peeling back his bandage to find that nothing lay beneath. Sobs immediately flooded the room as she pulled the bird close to her. Her mind was plagued with both joy and grief in knowing that she had regained the love she’d almost lost but at the cost of Alaric’s life. He’d saved him. He’d saved Remian. And she was just as grateful as she was sorrowful for the sacrifice he’d made.

Back in Alaric’s room Estelle sat in silence and watched the night sky as it shrouded the city in darkness. Before, such would have seemed beautiful. But now it merely resembled a blackened abyss with flecks of light that provided little to no hope of a morning to come….. Or so she thought. There. Just beyond the horizon. An orange glow began to rise, slowly at first, and then faster. The sound of thunder rumbled off in the distance and the castle shook violently only for the storm to die down within seconds afterword leaving the woman stricken with fear and uncertainty. Was this what the end of the world felt like? Were they all to die? Just then the evolving light burst into a magnificent display, banishing the moon and the stars to the darkest corners of the earth and allowing Sonitus to bask in the light of day. It was the sun. ”Miss! Miss!” The servant had returned, dropping the day’s laundered sheets on the guest floor and grabbing Estelle by the hand ecstatically. ”The phoenix, he lives! It’s a miracle! By the gods, we’ve all been blessed!” Estelle’s breathes came out in huffs as she recovered from the moment’s despair and took to the maids pace as the two ran down the hall for the infirmary. But when they reached the doorway they did not find the faces of those in rejoicing in the boy’s miraculous recovery, but the shame filled expressions and mourning gaze of those who had witnessed a death. Had the young man not survived? Then how was it that the sun had come to welcome the day? Suddenly the form of Bishop and Odette came back out of the room both of which looked distraught and in pain. The future queen was still frantically wiping at her cheeks as the latter of the two ran his hand over her back comfortingly. ”What’s wrong with you? Is this not time for celebration? Why is it you weep when we have everything to be happy for?..... Where is Alaric, have you seen him?”

”Oh Estelle… I’m so sorry…” It was a tone that sent her stomach turning and her heart beat spiraling out of control. Something was wrong…. But she refused to believe it. ”Sorry about what? I’m fine…. Now will someone please tell me where Alaric is?” But no one answered. Instead, Odette’s muffled cries only intensified as she buried her face in Bishop’s chest. ”Fine… I’ll just look for him myself.” Knowing full and well that the woman had no intention of turning back, the servant closest to the door pushed it open and allowed the hesitant fairy to enter. All the while the sound of her pulse began echoing in her ears and left her void of her hearing as she entered the massive doorway…It had all happened so quickly. One moment she was looking at the phoenix cocooned in the princess’ embrace and the next her smile was faltering, her eyes carrying her to the bloodied mass that lay on the floor. There was a scream that reverberated off the walls and it took several moments for her to realize that it was that of her own, as were the tears. ”NOO!” She cried and crumpled to the floor as she hovered helplessly over Alaric. Estelle pulled his massive frame into her small one and cradled him against her as she wept only to pull him away in disbelief. ”No…. no no no…. Alaric…. ALARIC! WAKE UP! DON’T YOU DARE DO THIS TO ME! WAKE UP RIGHT NOW!” She was screaming at him now but still there was not so much as a movement from the god even as one of her small fists struck his arm. Blood had smeared across her arms and hands and in seeing herself practically drenched in what should have been keeping him alive, she fell apart. It felt as if the world was crumbling around her despite his death having provided stability… as surely there was no other answer to the young bird’s health and the captain’s own demise. Estelle looked up desperately at the healers scattered about the room and when none moved to help her she cast an accusatory stare their way.

”DO SOMETHING! YOU HAVE TO SAVE HIM! PLEASE!!! I’LL DO ANYTHING JUST MAKE IT STOP!”

But she was only met with silence. Her hands were pressed against the wound now in an attempt to stop the flow but blood was pouring through her fingers faster than she could speak. His flesh was cold… and his eyes were empty. "Why won't it stop?"

”I’m sorry. But he is gone.”

Unable to bear the sight of the woman’s desperate attempts to revive the corpse of her nephew, Belva succumbed to her own tears and fled the room to find her husband. Remian had returned to them… And Alaric had gone.

O U T F I T
        User Image
                                                                                        • User Image
                                                                                          ◥ ◤
                                                                                          When Alaric opened his eyes he realized that he was no longer in the infirmary. Instead he found himself high above it, looking down upon the castle, with the entirety of Sonitus at his finger tips. In addition, the captain was now clothed in white, and the gushing wound that had appeared on his chest before his death was no longer a threat-- as it seemed to have never existed at all. He thought that perhaps he was dreaming, for it wasn't possible to have survived the pain he had inflicted upon himself. The act had been selfish, and yet, selfless all at the same time.

Alaric had wanted nothing more than to know his purpose; for no pirate felt fulfilled without their heading. So despite leaving behind his mother, Estelle, and Sophie-- he was sure they would get along just fine without him. Everything that had been said in his regard, had proven true. He didn't know what it was to do something that wasn't for his own gain. And so, he had made a decision, one that had left him wanting. It was now that realized his shortcomings-- that he hadn't told Estelle how much he cared about her, or how she had changed his life for the better. He hadn't even had the chance to apologize for making her feel like nothing more than his whore, which she surely was not.

Moreover, he had taken Sophie from her mother just to abandon her. Although Alaric hadn't dwelt much on the way she so easily referred to him as her father, it would be a lie to say that it didn't touch him. And his poor mother-- she would forever believe that it was her fault that he had taken on this task. She had merely done what any woman would for her son. She told him the truth-- for once in her life, she looked into his eyes and said what was on her mind, rather than hiding it, or biting her tongue for someone elses sake. Unfortunately, it was too late to go back now. What was done, was done. He simply needed to move on.

Alaric's gaze shied away from the castle below him to what surrounded him, as he realized he was not standing on solid ground at all, but among the stars in the night sky. In the distance, there was a light-- that of the sun, which was finally starting to rise. And despite his desire to panic, instead, a smile passed his lips. It was often that he praised himself for his work, but this time-- he might have actually deserved such.

Alaric drew a breath, feeling the press of the night air on his back as he turned to see what had caused it. Only to find that he was stunned speechless by a presence that made his knees buckle. It was only then that he thought he might tumble to the ground and crumble into dust, but such was not the case. On the contrary, he found himself feeling like he could leap-- fly if Ares had wanted him to. For the god wasted no time-- as his colossal hand reached out and pulled Alaric closer. "It is alright son." His voice echoed, as the man finally found the courage to glance up.

He noted the locks of long blond hair, and the similar blue eyes of his father and felt that he might weep. "No. This isn't possible. I must be dreaming."

"And dream, you will again. But this, this is very real."

Alaric swallowed, not sure if he could trust giving into the idea that he was here...possibly in the heavens to live out eternity with his father. "I...I thought I'd wake in the clutches of Hades."

"And you would have. However, you have showed my father that you are more than the arrogant fool that his son is."

"Zues?"

"He was impressed by what you did for the phoenix. Although foolish, you saved a great deal of people. The bird had laid his eggs, but they are not hatch for another three years, and three years of darkness would bring a cold plague upon this land, and kill every human in the course of a short year."

"Does that mean I have...earned my place here? With you?"

Ares smiled, his face lighting up just as bright as the stars behind him. "Yes."

Alaric felt his breath become shallow. This was all he had ever wanted! He had proved himself worthy. And he was ready to become a god. "Such is what I am truly meant for. I have sailed the seas, slain monsters, and overcome every obstacle that has blocked my path! This is what I've wanted. Nothing more." His father looked proud. He didn't need for him to say anything at all. And how he had known it was him, without introduction, was enough to speak for their bond, which transcended the psychical, and went right to spiritual.

"Yes, this is what you wanted. But is it...what you desire?"

Alaric thought for a moment, wondering what he was really asking him. Did he not want him here? Was there no place where he could be free to be who he was? "Aye."

"You'd be leaving Sophie, and Soarina....Estelle."

"I have already left them!" He snapped. "I'm dead."

"Maybe. But I can bring you back."

There was a shift in the air-- this news was unexpected. "Why?"

"Because I love your mother. And she will not live without you. Sophie will left in Estelle's care, and when she finds out that she's not with child...she will be devastated."

"What? She's not pregnant?"

Ares smile had vanished, and he suddenly he had a look upon his strong features that read as something more along the lines of nervousness. "Mortian is in the castle, with a woman named Ana. I told Estelle to stay with you, because I knew your journey would lead her to Sonitus, where she could be reunited with the child. He did become very ill, but I healed him, and the family he was with was afraid that whatever he had would spread-- so they sold him. Mortian was on a slave trade ship that made port in Sonitus, where Alexander's cousin Lestat, did a raid on one of the vessels and rescued the baby imp."

"So why is she so sick!? Is she going to die!?" Alaric growled, snatching his arm away from his father in a panic, prepared to jump from the heavens onto Earth to be with her.

"I cast an enchantment on her. She was no longer fertile, due to the brutality she faced at the hands of Corvis." Ares spoke quickly to quell his concerns. "If you desired to have a child with her, I wanted you to have the choice."

Alaric eyes widened, as he ran a hand over his face from the overwhelming amount of information he was receiving. "So what about my mission? I thought you wanted me to go to the underworld."

"I did. But Liam is strong. He has ties with Hades that I cannot break. He has changed your future."

"I need to go to Estelle." Alaric blurted. Not sure why his heart felt like it might burst from his chest.

"So then, you decided to go back?" Ares looked sad then, and the captain couldn't help but be moved.

"I want to be a god."

"You cannot have both." His father rebutted firmly. "If I revive you, you will lose your powers. You will be what your mother is, part human, part witch, and part elf. But no part of that will be me. You will only resemble me."

"I--"

"Alaric please. Do not give up on love."

His eyebrows fell. "Love?"

"Is it not obvious? Estelle is in love with you."

"She..." He didn't know if he believed such a thing. She certainly did act like she loved him. He had thought she wanted nothing more than stability-- a place where she could be safe. "She doesn't even wish to lay with me. Surely, sex is a part of this love."

Ares laughed, clapping a hand on his son's shoulder, as something strange began to happen around his feet. An eerie red circle had formed, and a violent wind ripped up through the heavens. "What is happening!?" He roared above the rustle of the gale.

"Remian is trying to bring you back."

"Why?"

"Because son, that's what selfless men like you do." Ares patted his face, and kissed his forehead. "I love you. God or not, you will always be my one and only."

"You already knew, didn't you?"

"That you would want to go back and be with Estelle? Yes. I did." In that moment, his father lit so bright that it was blinding-- causing Alaric to throw up his hands and shield himself, as the winds that surrounded him began to consume him.

◥ ◤

When Remian heard the helpless cry of Estelle, he felt convicted with all his heart. His body was trembling as he held Victoria. He was happy to have her, but was crestfallen by the sight of the man that lay upon the floor of the infirmary, leaking crimson all over the polished marble floors. Alexander would never forgive him for this. He had only a day with his nephew, and now the man was gone because he felt he had something to prove. Alaric may have been rough around the edges, but he was good-- somewhere deep down, he was something special. And the world was going to lose him because the young bird had been too weak to retaliate against his own mother. Indeed, he loved her. But she was a mere shell of her former self; something told him, that she was never going to be that woman who had spent nights reading him to sleep as boy, ever again. And the sooner he faced that reality, the better. This was his fault. Therefore he too would die, trying to fix it.

Remian gently pulled Victoria from his chest, kissing her mouth with a gentleness that almost couldn't be put into words. More than anything, he cared for her. She could not be replaced, and all he did from now on, would be to honor her. He knew that the tears in her eyes, were those of joy-- but could she really love a man who had taken the life of her cousin? "I love you." And should he survive, he would spend everyday telling her so.

The room was a frenzy of feet, as Soarina ran in to scoop up Sophie and shield her eyes from the sight of her dead father. The child sobs were enough to break his heart, and the twinkle of terror in the eyes of her grandmother only confirmed his decision to bring the man back. He could transfer his spirit energy into Alaric. Despite never having done it before, he had read of many phoenix's doing so to save those that they loved. The only difference was, he was lacking strength-- after laying twin eggs, and suffering a fatal injury-- he was physically healed, but mentally drained. This could have very well killed him, but he didn't care.

Remian reached down, and snatched his staff from his side, as his wings flapped with the furriness of a hurricane, snapping the curtains down from the metal poles which held them in place-- causing them to flutter to the ground. The pole grew six feet from where he sat on the bed, his free arm wrapped tightly around the waist of the Princess, as the other slammed the end of his weapon down onto the marble floor. It cracked, as it had beneath the weight of Alaric, but this time it ran across the room to where he lay in the arms of Estelle.

Remian's strawberry colored hair had lifted off his shoulder as if he was submerged in water, and his eyes glowed amber like coals, whilst a red circle formed around the dead body. Once it was complete, a gust of wind flared up through the ground. And in that moment, Alaric's spirit passed back into their realm.

It hadn't taken long for the King to come bursting into the room with Belva in tow, and Ronan not far behind. But before anymore tears could be shed, everything stopped. The wind was sucked up into Remian's staff within the blink of an eye, as he finally let out a breath of relief. "He is alive."

Alaric shifted uneasily in Estelle's small arms. He had a large, firm body, that simply didn't fit well up against her. And yet, there was no place he would rather be. His eyes opened lazily, his body still wounded-- although he would recover quickly, due to the energy that Remian had passed onto him. "Make it stop, lass?" Alaric asked softly, getting a palm planted firmly on the ground so that he could prop himself up-- his intimidating bloody frame, leaning over the woman lovingly. "That's what bandages are for, not your hands..."

His lips fell over Estelle's smoothly, as he breathed into her. "Have a bit of respect for you captain when he's dead, eh." Alaric lifted his other hand, as it fell over her hair and pressed against her cheek, titled her face up to get a better angle for their kiss. He preferred to pretend that no one else was present-- forget his injury, and make her his own.

"If everyone is done ******** around. I 'ave an engagement party starting in less than three 'ours. Get this s**t cleaned up." Alexander huffed, although a smile shown on his face-- directed momentarily at Remian, and then Alaric before exiting the room, his wife in tow. However, Ronan was far from ready to pretend that he hadn't been overly emotional about the situation. He went barreling through the room, and jumped on the bed, knocking the cot over that Remian was on-- taking both the bird and fiancee to the floor in an embrace.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Estelle was practically winded as she watched Alaric’s eyes open, questioning if everything from the moment she’d walked into the room… had been nothing more than a hallucination. And this? His miraculous revival at the hands of the man he’d just saved? Surely it was nothing more than wishful thinking. A dream that had overtaken her….. Yes surely after having found the captain dead in the middle of the infirmary she had returned to her room and sulked in her loss only to fall asleep and dream of that which she could not have. That which she’d lost. And yet as Alaric’s hand came to rest upon the side of her face and pull Estelle into his now warm body, his lips colliding with hers in an abrupt display of passion and adoration, she was without a doubt that it was real. He was real. Vera may have claimed that Alaric had lived out his purpose in life but it was apparent now that the gods were not prepared to take him. There was still so much he had yet to accomplish on this earth. And she looked forward to staying by his side for each and every day, every moment, that he worked to do just that. Tears were streaming down the fairy’s face as her arms trembled only to lift them up and wrap them desperately around the man’s neck. Her hands slipped between strands of his hair and embedded themselves in place at the back of his had as their kiss deepened. She simply could not bring herself to let him go. Not for a second. ”How…? I thought…. I feared…. That you’d left me.” She whispered and let out a shaken breath only to pull in once more. Her eyes shut as she frantically pined for him, her hands slipping to the back of his neck and shoulders just as she came to and realized that he was indeed still wounded. And as much as she wished to merely continue embracing him, she was far more afraid of him losing any more blood than he had then releasing the man. ”You’re hurt..” She sniffed and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand before shakily reaching out for one of the healers who immediately neared with a roll of bandaging in hand.

Estelle moved out of the way briefly, her hands still resting upon Alaric’s shoulders much to the dismay of the healer who did his best to work around the woman as she stared at Alaric in complete and utter captivation. How was it that just yesterday she had dared argue with this man? Was he not the only one she could bear to see herself with? The one who had saved her, provided her with a home, and a means of living? And yet that was only the beginning. She knew without a doubt that she loved him. It was a feeling she’d thought herself unable to feel after having been betrayed by Corvis but sure enough Alaric had slipped inside her mind and heart like none other had. He was truly magnificent. And she’d been a fool to say anything but. ”I’m sorry… Alaric I’m so, so sorry for what I said yesterday. It was not at all meant to come in such anger… It is not that I wish to deny you. I care for you more strongly then I could ever begin to say. I’m just afraid…. I’ve been blessed with so much. I’ve been blessed with a family, a home, and a life beyond the prison Corvis had provided for me. I’ve been blessed with you. I’m merely afraid of losing such to someone more deserving… Do you understand?” The healer mumbled something inaudible as he moved to the other side of the captain to begin tying off the bandaging, doing his best to ignore the intimate discussion between the two. But Estelle was oblivious. ”And I promise to teach our son to be just as strong and brave as you’ve shown me to be.” She knew now, she was ready to be a mother. And she couldn’t be any more proud to know that Alaric too wished to be her son’s father.

On the other side of the room, Victoria found herself celebrating the life of her own significant other in a far more lively fashion as both she and Remian were taken to the ground by Ronan, his arms wrapping around the two as she did the same. Her laugh was unable to be withheld as she buried herself in the warmth of both the bird and his father and placed a kiss on either of the men’s cheeks just as a shadow loomed over them. Looking up, Victoria met the gaze of her brother who’s soft expression was only disrupted by the redness in his eyes as he looked upon the three admiringly. Remian was one of Bishop’s closest friends and never before had he developed such a liking for an individual as quickly as he had the young bird. To have seen him nearly pass due to the betrayal of the one who’d raised such a kind and understanding man had stung him beyond comprehension…. And had all gone dark in the wake of Remian’s passing, Bishop was certain his soul would have as well. ”I….” He wanted to say something. Anything that would help to express his relief in seeing Remian alive and well but he simply could not summon the words to do as much. ”I’m glad to see that you’ll be able to make it to my wedding. I’m not so sure I could follow through without my best man present.” It was his way of asking if the bird if he’d do him the honors of taking on such a role… But Bishop was having trouble stating it properly. So, instead of pressure him any further he decided it would do good to address the man who had saved Remian to begin with. Certainly the prince hadn’t thought much of Alaric in some sense but he’d never believed him to be heartless. And today he’d only confirmed as much. ”Thank you. For everything you’ve done for us.” There was much more to say but it was obvious by the woman knelt before him that Alaric was occupied with plenty enough. Today would be one that lived on in the hearts of many. And such tales would be passed down of the day the sun had almost gone out… and the man that had saved it.

O U T F I T
        User Image
                                                                                        • User Image
                                                                                          ◥ ◤
                                                                                          He had forgotten-- about the baby that is. Estelle wasn't pregnant. Mortian was here, and waiting on his mother. Therefore, Alaric had missed out on what was a very important part of the infants life. Still, that didn't lessen his desire to become it's father figure. Although first, he would need to mend things with the child he already had-- who was clutching Soarina in the corner of the infirmary, waiting for his moment with Estelle to end, so that she too might welcome him back into the world.

Deep down, the captain believed that Sophie knew what was going to occur, before she had come to tell him the news of Remian's death. Nut he doubted he would ever know for sure. His daughter was a mystery to him. Luckily, he had many years ahead of him; years he would spend trying to better understand what made her so unique. In addition, his relationship with his mother was in need of repair as well. And having given up his life as a god-- Sophie, Soarina, and Estelle were now his reason for being. They gave him purpose.

He finally knew what it was like for people to genuinely care about him-- to not be afraid of mutiny around every corner. He couldn't imagine that any of these women would ever betray him. And it suddenly felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. For it wasn't his conquest that had given him passage into the heavens, but something as simple as doing the right thing. Surely, he could be a captain, and sail the seas-- but he no longer needed to prove anything to himself. He had truly seen and done it all, at least all that was out in the world for him to do. For the first time, he felt fulfilled. For the first time, he was proud. And those that had died in his honor, had not gone without reason. Yes, he missed them. But it would only allow him to appreciate those that remained with him-- that much more.

"Lass, if I taught you one thing," He started, feeling the soft press of her velvety fingers tips against the bare skin of his shoulder. She was covered in his blood, although such seemed to be the last thing on her mind. Estelle was far too busy spilling secrets that she likely wouldn't have otherwise divulged, were it not for the trauma she had just experienced. He could see in her eyes the relief, fear, and anxiety he had caused. Her words were true, albeit, it wasn't like his mistress to keep her fiery personality behind bars. She meant what she had said, but she wouldn't hold to treating him kindly for very long-- that much he was sure of. Alaric was prone to accidentally pushing her buttons, and yet, Estelle wanted to be wanted by him. And that was likely the most attractive quality he found in any woman thus far. There was no one that could take her place.

"It was that if someone stands in the way of something...or...rather someone that you want...you put a bullet between their eyes." He winked at her playfully, only to wince slightly as the healer finished wrapping his bloody wounds-- pulling tight the cloth as if to urge them to stop speaking of private matters so openly. He was a middle aged gentlemen, who had likely loved and lost. But Alaric didn't think what he had to say could wait. "Uh, Estelle..." He managed softly, his hand reaching up to lay overtop of hers, which rested on his shoulder. "I need to--" But before the healer could move entirely out of the way, Sophie had collided into her new father's chest, knocking him backward, and forcing him to let out a startled laugh. Her small arms weaseled around his neck, as he groaned from the pressure on his fresh wound. "I'm alright, Sophie."

"I know..." She whispered, his face moist as she placed a kiss on his cheek. "I was just worried...that you wouldn't come back." There was a hint of something strange in her tone, as if she was cognizant of the deal Ares had offered him.

"And leave you behind? Never." He rebutted, reaching up to pat her back roughly, whilst he weakly prompt himself back up on one arm.

Alaric then caught the eye of Bishop, who surprised him with a rather moving bout of gratitude. "It's what I do." Alaric replied to his cousin, with a brief nod of his head.

"I..."Interrupting the moment, the stammering of his mother could be heard, who was still a ways off-- as if she was afraid to approach. He could see her hands trembling from where he sat.

"It's fine mother. I know you meant well."

It was obvious she was fighting tears, even though they were already streaming down her face. And in no time she joined Sophie-- plastering herself to Alaric's chest. However, they weren't the only ones engaged in a loving embrace. Remian had to admit that his father had put on a few pounds. His love was always accepted, but the bird felt like he could barely breath. Ronan's weight, in combination with the grip he had on the back on his neck, was enough to make a grown cry; the dragon was weeping like a small child who had just found his lost toy. "I am happy to see you too, uncle." He choked, as Ronan proceeded to kiss his son's face all over. But eventually, got to his feet. "I just...need a breath of fresh air."

Remian stood, reaching down for Victoria, who he left with a peck on the lips. "You both should get ready." His eyes fell specifically to the princess then. "Your parents will not be happy if their only daughter is late to the festivities."

Hastily, he moved to Bishop, who he reached out and awkwardly embraced-- both his large arms engulfing the boy, as he pulled him tight into his bloodied chest. The infirmary was a crimson masterpiece. "I do not know what a best man is. But I assume such a position is very important. As it includes the word best, and man, juxtapose to one another. Therefore, I would be honored." Remian released his soon to be brother in law, only to pass by Alaric with whom he exchanged a knowing glance before vanishing as he exited the chamber.

"He's right. I've known Alexander for a day, but he doesn't seem like the forgiving kind." Alaric chimed, wondering where the phoenix had gone. His departure seemed strange. And he worried that his absence would leave him with another fatal wound. He wasn't sure why showed so much concern for the stranger, but he felt connected to him somehow.

"He's not." Soarina smiled. As she got to her feet, reaching down to pick up Sophie and put her on a hip.

"Well then," Alaric said with a chuckled, struggling to stand at first. He pretended not to see the look that his mother was giving Ronan. The man approached, placing a hand on the small of her back and lead her out of the infirmary-- both of them exuding an understandable amount of happiness. Still, he couldn't help but wonder if there was something he had missed.

"Estelle." He said finally, ripping his eyes away from the doorway momentarily with a heavy sigh. "I want to give you something." Alaric reached up and ran his thumb over her cool, moist pink cheeks. "We should dress, but...I'd like it if you met me in my room as soon as you were done." Suddenly, a look of horror came over his face. "But it's not...a reward.... I'm not looking for a reward! Just...I want to give you one! But it's not sex!" Alaric thought for a moment, his face running deeply red from embarrassment, as both his cousins were still in the room whilst the servants scurried about getting the area clean.

"That is, unless you want it to be." He grinned foolishly, hardly able to help himself. The image of their bare bodies pressed together was enough to consume his embarrassment with arousal. "Aye. I can simply tack that onto the end if need be." With that, he kissed her forehead and went to see if he couldn't find this...Ana.

In the meantime, Alexander left Belva to prepare for tonight's events in their chamber. His heart was light from the crisis that the gods had a hand in helping him avert. And although he realized that there was still a matter of Liam, and the missing grimoire page that had been stolen from the library-- he decided it best not to worry about it for the time being. Instead, he met Scarlet in the Great Hall to make sure everything was perfect, and took his seat on the throne that had been prepared for he and his bride to be. Alexander had also written a speech for Belva-- one that he was greatly nervous, yet anxious to give. The King could only hope that the night was as promising as he anticipated.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Estelle hadn’t known Alaric to be a mysterious man. Not in the sense that he withheld what immediate thoughts were on his mind, and the fact that she was finding him doing just as much now intrigued her as well as gave reason for suspicion. It baffled her the way he stumbled over the mention of sex when before it was something that seemed to fit so naturally into his vocabulary. But now…. Now not only was he refuting the idea of engaging in such acts with her, but he was openly encouraging her to avoid assuming as much as well. That wasn’t to say she believed him to have lost interest. No, he had made it clear it was still on his mind but his intentions lie elsewhere. It was just that which had left her uncertain of what it was Alaric intended to ‘reward’ her with as she had no inclination that he had intended to before hand, suggesting that it was an idea that he had come up with on the spot…. And still she couldn’t help but find it odd. Then there was the matter of what he’d been trying to tell her. He hadn’t had the chance to before Sophie had come and she believed that it might still have something to do with this surprise he had in store for her… but she just couldn’t be certain. And so after having parted ways and returning to her room Estelle did as was suggested and dressed in one of the many gowns the royals had delivered to her quarters, a small crown adorning her head as Victoria had insisted after coming to check on her. It wasn’t subtle attire by any means but something about the way it reflected off her body as if it were made of armor felt suitable. And so after a brief glance in the mirror she headed off down the hall and approached the captain's door, her knuckles hovering over its frame hesitantly before giving a light knock. Oddly enough she felt nervous. He hadn't so much as given her an inkling of information and thus her mind was left to wonder what it was that await her on the other side. The anticipation alone was antagonizing and before Estelle could do anything to stop herself, she was reaching out for the bedroom handle.... tugging it open and preparing herself for whatever it was that she was to confront.

By the time Odette, Victoria, and Belva had finished dressing and were helping the queen with the final touches to her gown and hair, dresses had been strewn about all over the floor and an array of bobby pins, hair ties, and tiaras lingered on each and every open surface within arms reach. A lot had happened within the short hour of having parted from the infirmary and many were still recovering from the shock…. But almost all were prepared to leave their grief behind and take to the celebration ahead. Including Victoria. There had been plenty of tears shed over the course of the day and now she merely wished to spend the night celebrating her mother and father’s union, as well as her own victory in having Remian’s life spared. Alaric’s deed had not gone unnoticed by the princess and once given the opportunity; she had promised herself that she would express her gratitude appropriately. ”Will you dance?” Belva’s voice broke through her daughter’s train of thought as she stood up, releasing the hem of the queen’s golden attire and straightening out her own. ”Perhaps. That is, if Remian wishes to dance with me.” She snickered in recalling their night at the bar and the way he twisted his body as he attempted to mimic the movements of those around him. It would forever be a memory in which she cherished alongside what she hoped would be many, many more to come. ”And you? You ought to. It is your party after all.”

”Yes well let’s hope I don’t pop out a hip bone. And you Odette? How are you fairing?”

”Rather well actually. Though I don’t think I’ll be dancing tonight I’m afraid. The blind aren’t very apt in large crowds where your feet aren’t meant to step on your partners. At least this one isn’t.”

Victoria frowned and tugged on the future queen’s arm lightly after having reached out for her in hopes of persuading the woman otherwise. ”Oh but you must! Dance with me then! I promise I’ll be gentle.” The women laughed amongst themselves before making note of the time and deciding it was best they not wait any longer. Both daughter and soon to be daughter in law stood on either side of Belva as the three rushed down the hall, exchanging in hushed tones of amusement before reaching the doorway to the main hall and allowing the servants to open it for them. Light flooded them as did a wave of music, scents, and sights, all of which were equally as beautiful as the next. Belva stood awestruck as she crossed the room only to lay her eyes upon the one thing that could have possibly outshone the rest with little to no competition. There sitting atop a throne for all to see sat Alexander. His attire was a close second to being as dashing as the man wearing it and she was left practically speechless as she approached him, her arms reaching out in front of her and wrapping around her husband as she took in the very essence of the man she’d married. ”Zander…. It’s absolutely mesmerizing.... As are you.”

O U T F I T
        User Image
                                                                                        • User Image
                                                                                          ◥ ◤
                                                                                          Remian wasted no time. His feet carrying him to the courtyard, where he had felt the presence of another. One with an aura much like his own, only it had been tainted by a darkness that even the sun couldn't blot out. From behind a distance shrub, his mother shown herself. She had no fire on her hair, nor her wings. And upon her face she wore a sullen expression. But the young bird was more interested in the piece of paper that lay in her hand. It was exactly the same as the one he had pulled from his staff when he, Victoria, and Bishop had returned from their journey to see the white witch. "Have you also brought Ha'an and Liam? Here to finish what you started, mother?"

Andromeda didn't respond at first, but she eventually shook her head-- moving her lips slow form words. "That dagger was not intended for you."

"Before I let any harm come to the King's family, I would rather die." He replied firmly, although his bottom lip was quivering like a scared child. It wasn't that he feared the woman, but that he loved her. And his heart had practically shattered when she betrayed him the way she had. He had hoped that she would fight whatever plagued her-- battle to be a part of his life, a part of her grandchildren's lives. There was no way she hadn't felt their presence. The twins filled the castle with an energy that no phoenix could deny. Surely the day of their hatching, would be the most memorable of his life. He and Victoria had created something beautiful, and the gods had given him a chance to experience it to the fullest.

"You a much like your father."

"I AM NOTHING LIKE THAT MAN!" Remian growled, almost spouting fire from his mouth in disgust for Ha'an; someone he had held in high regard until last night.

"No, not him. Ronan..."

The anger dissipated, almost as soon as it appeared. And he was left bewildered. "You knew?"

"Of course." She replied simply, her feet carrying her forward, only to make Remian stumble back. "I am not here to hurt you."

"That does not mean I want to be near you."

Andromeda nodded sadly, understanding his distrust. "Here. I took this from the vault in Helena this morning. It won't be long before the warlock realizes it's missing." She paused, holding out her hand for him to take it. But Remian did not reach for it immediately. He wanted more than anything to believe that his mother had seen the error of her ways. Her love for the elf had misguided her, and caused her to be led astray.

"I cannot."

"But you must!" Andromeda shrieked. "After I saw you fatally wounded, I knew I could not live this way-- with my heart divided."

Remian's eyes grew wide. "You killed him?"

"I had to." She whispered. "He attacked me. He was angry that you had not died when the dagger struck you. It was a very powerful weapon, son. And the only reason you did not turn to ash, was because you are no longer one phoenix, but three." Tears appeared in her eyes, and begun running down her face like water from a fountain. "I hide their birth from him."

A small smile tugged at the corner of Remian's lips, for he knew that this emotion came from a very special place. "Victoria will not forgive you. But I will...in time."

His mother sighed, slumping her shoulders in relief as she moved forward to push the parchment into his hand. "Please give this to Soarina. And tell her I'm sorry." With that, Andromeda spread her wings and soared up above the castle into the darkening sky.

In the distance, Remian could already hear the Harold's horn-- the guest were arriving. On quick feet, the bird rushed inside to find the Liam's daughter.

◥ ◤

In the meantime, Alaric found himself wondering aimlessly about the castle for hours in search of Ana. Until he was finally directed to the castle's nursery. Many who lived this lifestyle, hadn't the time to give their newborns the constant attention that they need. Therefore, Alexander had a place built, where the royals and nobles could drop off their children for the day if need be. And surely, that was exactly where he had found her. She was surprised to see him, and even more shocked when he questioned her about the baby imp her husband had found on a slave vessel. But in time she came around to the idea of showing him where she was keeping Mortian.

Ana moved to a curtain that divided a small corner of the large area, full of bassinets and toys, pulling it back so that Alaric could make his way inside. He found himself entering with baited breath, unsure what to expect. He had never held a child before-- not one so small and innocent. However, as he looked down upon the boy he felt his heart nearly leap into his throat with joy. He had never seen anything more precious. "It's Estelle's?" Ana asked curiously, reaching in and pulling the small wide eyed infant from the crib, to place in Alaric's awkwardly cradled arms.

"Aye."

"How do you know?"

"My father...he...sent me a letter about it. It's a long story, lass."

She laughed, as Mortian cooed softly, drool falling off his lips as he reached up and clawed at Alaric's chin. "He likes you..."

The captain wasted no time thanking the woman, and leaving her with a bit of coin from his pocket. He was unaware that she did her job not for the money, but for her King and Queen. But she did not refute the offer. In turn, he rushed up to his chamber where he was bombarded with servants who were looking to get him dressed for the event-- to which he simply agreed, leaving Mortian to flop around on the soft cushion of his bed. Alaric found it strange, but the entire time he was being measured, his eyes never left the baby. He had all these fears that he might roll off and hit his head, or begin cry, but neither of these things occurred. And once he was fully attired in something that wasn't much different than the usual, he shooed them from the room.

Not long after, came Estelle's knock on the door. Alaric tripped over his own feet at the edge of the bed, causing Mortian to giggle, and kick his tiny, pale feet wildly. Unfortunately, he had no idea how to pick him up properly, and spent far too much time trying to get the child positioned in his arms-- when suddenly the door opened up. The captain turned, startled by his mistress' entrance, but offered her a smile anyway, as Mortian stuck his finger into the man's mouth. "Look who I found. Your not pregnant after all..." Alaric whispered softly, knowing that they would be attending the King and Queen's engagement party with a one year baby who was covered in naught but a blue diaper and his own drool. Still, he couldn't help but think that he would be the luckiest man there. For Estelle was more stunning than the stars in the night sky. "That dress is enough reward for me, lass."

◥ ◤

And as happy as the new parents were-- so were the jovial crowd of Sontiusians who were making their way through the corridor in droves, piling into the Great Hall, where Alexander was just greeting his beautiful wife. The quarters were decorated in shimmering white curtains, to represent the purity of their union. And joyous music filled the space from the top to the bottom. In addition, glass tables lined the center of the room, where guest would be allowed to sit and eat, once the King completed his speech. But among those who were innocence, there were two cloaked in indigo-- plotting vengeance. Silas and Liam wove in and out of the unsuspecting folk, in the hopes of gaining their opportunity to steal back what had been taken from them.

"My Queen..." Alexander barely choked the words. He was a very blessed man to have a woman so beautiful find favor in him. For twenty years they had lived together, and never had she been more elegant or radiant. The more years that passed, the younger she became. "Yes well, I wanted everything to be perfect." He said, rising from the seat to meet her embrace.

The room was filled with idle chit chat, that rose even above the tune that the band was playing nearest the stage. However, Alexander had a voice that seemed to command the attention of all. "Please, could I-- EXCUSE ME!?" He snapped, gently allowing his hand to fall and take that of his wife's, whilst he stepped forward. Suddenly the room was eerily silent, the music having fallen off immediately. The elf rolled his eyes at the band, giving a sigh, before turning to the people who were still filing in. "I'd like to thank you all for coming, especially on such short notice. This morning was rather...unbearable, but with family and friends...it seems that even the impossible, is possible--" His eyes shifted momentarily, seeing Remian, Soarina and Ronan as they pushed through the crowd to get to Victoria, Odette, and Bishop, who were close to the stage.

"The sun almost didn't rise this morning, but as you can see, we always preserve." Alexander turned to look at Belva, taking both her hands into his own and pulled her into him, so that he might peer into her soul. "Albeit, I would not be able to stand 'ere as the man I am today, without this woman. She 'as given more than I could ever imagine. And will continue to give until the day she dies. She is my 'eart. And should I lose 'er, I would surely perish. I want to marry 'er for as many times as she will allow-- I'd do it every second...every minute of the day if she wished." He had been speaking to the crowd, despite having lost himself in her luxurious pools of indigo. However now, he spoke directly to Belva. "I love you. You are everything to me. All that I am. All that will be." And with that, townsfolk, nobles, and royals alike burst into a cheers, as Alexander leaned down to kiss his spouse.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Estelle was speechless. Granted there was still much to be said in regards to how she felt upon seeing the child she'd dreamt about since having escaped that prison, she simply could not find it in her to muster up a word worthy of gratifying such a situation. This was her son. The boy she'd so carelessly given away in hopes of securing the affections of a prince was now here in the arms of her captain and she was mere feet away from being able to touch him. He was not sick, nor was he buried beneath the earth to rot and be forgotten by the mother who'd neglected him as she'd thought, but rather he was alive and well... he was healthy. Estelle's heart ached as her jaw gave slack and her lips parted only to let out a gasp as tears began to spill down her face. Her expression contorted to one of both grief and immense joy as she slowly stepped forward and placed her hands over the lower half of her face. The fairy's gaze drifted from the loving eyes of her child to those of Alaric before at last she gave in and wrapped her arms around the man's neck. Her lips pressing to his and releasing him if only to look again at the child cradled so perfectly in his arms. Yes, with Mortian's arrival came the notion that her faults in the past had not been written off. And if there was any doubt as to whether or not she would have to tell him of all she'd done wrong by him, such was made clear now that she would. But that did not matter. She trusted what Alaric had said during their ride into the woods the day prior and if at any time Mortian chose to hate her for what she'd done, then she would simply have to live with knowing that she'd tried to right it and that no matter what she would always love him. Even if such emotions were no longer reciprocated in learning the truth. It did not mean she would stop being there for him. What was important now was that he was here and not only had she been given the second chance she had sought but she was also blessed in knowing that he would be raised by a man both deserving and wanting of the title as the boy's father. In truth, she knew there was no one else she would have wanted.

"How.... He was here? I don't understand...... How did you find him?" Estelle whispered as she wiped her face with the back of her hand and smiled down at Mortian, her fingers brushing over the top of his fine, wavy, brown hair just as another thought occurred. Immediately she pulled away and doubled back by several feet until she was a decent distance away from the child, her expression both hurt and shocked. The pregnancy. Alaric's words had not been overlooked and although there wasn't a doubt in her mind that this was the son she'd given away, she had also thought herself to be pregnant. She'd been ill, retching constantly in the morning and feeling fatigued. If such was not due to her bearing Mortian then.... "I'm sick..... I shouldn't be here, he can't get sick again. It'll kill him!" Her voice was suddenly panicked but despite this she found herself reluctant to leave. She had waited so long to be able to see his face again and pay witness to that precious, precious smile that seemed to radiate to all those around. Even now as she had separated herself from him she could feel the softness of his skin lingering on her fingertips. Estelle knew not how Mortian had come into better health but surely it was a struggle. His immune system was weak and she feared that should she further expose him to what it was she had, she would only relive the tragedy she'd thought to be true only weeks ago.... She wanted nothing more than to hold him. To call to him and be able to mother him as she ought have but was it worth the risk of never being able to do so again? She'd been prepared to wait nine months for this moment. It wouldn't kill her to wait several weeks more. "He's more perfect than I remember." Her tone was breathless as her hands remained lifted as if daring her to hold the child against her better judgment. They trembled at the mere thought to the point it was almost torturous to be in the same room as him. Still.... There was a sense of adoration for the way he looked at Alaric, his large blue eyes staring up at the captain as if he'd spent all his life being there..... being his father.

Estelle wasn't the only one left overwhelmed with emotion. Belva, although amused by Alexander's initial tactic in gaining their guests attention, was left with a swelling surge of pride and affection for the man before her who so easily portrayed his love for her for all the kingdom to see. The queen met the man in a kiss and placed either hand on the side of his face as the warmth of several sweet tears slid down her cheek. For someone who had found it difficult to admit to his feelings even in private, to do so for her now before their guests meant unfathomable quantities to her. She had never doubted his feelings for her in all the twenty years they had been married nor had she requested him to express as much openly. Thus, the fact that he'd desired to do so on his own made the moment all the more special to her. And it seemed that those in their company could agree as their claps and cheers rang out throughout the castle, only settling once the band struck a chord and began playing once again. Belva watched as her children took their engaged counterparts in hand and egged them on towards the festivities, casting them a brief wave and a smile as they vanished into the crowd, leaving her to gaze upon her king in infatuation. "Surely the gods found favor in me long before having deserved it. For having been bestowed a husband so brave and admirable, for having known someone and been given the opportunity to spend my life beside one as indescribably wondrous as you is by far the most valued and cherished gift I have ever received. And I look forward to spending, naught but just the next twenty years, but all eternity as your wife. Alexander Helios, I love you." She said with a smile followed by a short incredulous laugh as she ran her hand over the side of the elf's face. For surely there was no one as grateful as she for having been blessed with such a wonderful family. They were riddled with flaws and yet nonetheless just as perfect.

O U T F I T

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff