Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Remian saw Victoria down below as she chased after him on her horse. And in honesty, he was surprised by the speed she had managed in a very short amount of time. It seemed she was no longer as inexperienced with riding as she had been when they first met a week and a half ago. Although he couldn't hear her, he doubted that anything she had to say was going to relieve the emotional turmoil he was experiencing-- only time would heal his wound. Or at least that was what he had always been told.

His mother had dealt with matters of the heart everyday since he had hatched. To compare his situation to hers was indeed criminal, but he didn't know how to else to deal with the idea of being rejected before he even had the chance to fully expose himself to the object of his affections. How he had even found himself in this position was still a bit of a blur. He remembered not caring for her at all only a few days ago. He wasn't even sure what had changed. Perhaps it was the journey that drew them together? She was everything he hadn't wanted in a significant other, and here he was, prepared to court her if she allowed it.

Then again, maybe that wasn't the proper way to grab the attention of the Princess. She was unique, and therefore he couldn't approach her the way he did everything else-- with this preconceived notion of how to handle things. There was no book for Victoria-- no instruction manual. And yet he thought he could apply such to the situation. In addition, he had no right be upset. He hoped that the more he told himself this, the easier facing her would become. But now, given his cruel words, he would need to apologize twice.

Just as he realized how foolish he had been, and prepared to drop down and speak with the woman like an adult-- Cato reeled back and threw her to the ground, covering her body in a cloud of sand. Remian's eyes widened, as Ronan and Bishop rushed to catch up with her. "VICTORIA!" His wings immediately seized flapping as his body began to plummet downward toward her in hopes that she hadn't injured herself in the fall. But what came next, was something he would have never expected.

Out of fear, his wings snapped, and propelled him back up as a rusted spear shot up out of the sand. "Remian! Get the Princess!" Ronan called, as he and Bishop were not close enough to assist. But before the bird could take another dive the ground began to shake. More spikes had made themselves known, popping out of the dirt-- sharp and pointed and more deadly than the fin of a shark.

Her brother cried, as Victoria whipped her head around to find that she was trapped in the claw of a beast so terrifying, that Remian had forgotten every bit of the training her had undergone for the past one hundred years. The ripple of silky crimson hair was all he could see from above, before she was pulled underneath. But she would not sink to the depth on her own. Another had captured both Bishop and Ronan and threatened to sink them as well.

A body had revealed itself-- the head of a creature he believed had been spewed right out hell. Remian narrowly avoided it's teeth as it shot up in the hopes of consuming the phoenix whole. In the time it took him to dodge the attack, and remove his weapon from his side the creature had slunk back beneath the sand as if it were naught but water, and took his companions with it. The last sound being the yelp of Victoria calling out his name.

He dove downward and flicked his wrist blowing on his staff as he prepared to sink into the hole with them. But it closed up just as he hit the ground with a thud. Remian let out a loud graveling cry, as he weakly got himself onto all fours and pounded his fist into the dirt. Unfortunately, such actions were to no avail. He was alone now, in the desert-- nothing but land surrounding him for miles. The bird tried to stand, but his legs were too weak, and he feared his arms were about to give out on him as well. His breaths were heavy, and he felt like his heart was cracking-- threatening to shatter and leave him here to die.

Even his wings had given up on him, falling over his sides like a wet towel; they were heavier than they had ever been. And this pain he was left with-- it was almost unbearable. He felt sick, and tired, and angry all at the same time. Were they dead? Had he had just lost everything? Remian was beside himself, laden by the overwhelming desire to sob. But he knew what Ha'an would say; crying would do him no good. It would not save his mother, or rescue his father, his only friend...nor...her...he didn't know what she was-- yet still she was important-- if not the most...

"Victoria?" He said softly, his fingers spreading out over the sand as he grasped some in his fist and turned his hand over to watch it slip through his fingers. "I am sorry." Admittedly, this was doing nothing but easing his own guilt. Remian slowly got up, his knees knocking together as he began dragging himself away from the place where they had been buried. Only to have his legs practically vanishing from beneath him, as he fell back to the ground.

He sighed heavily and turned himself over on his back, bringing his weapon to rest on his stomach. It was there, as he lay being caressed by the sun that he noticed a slight difference in the weight of his staff. He pressed on the groves in the side and sat up, as the side popped open and a note fell out written on a piece of parchment. He quickly unfolded it and read it aloud.

"Remian, hopefully it did not take you long to find this. I assume your staff is like your third arm, and therefore I pray it does not take you long to discover this. When I was kicked out of Rivdar, I fell in love with the white witch Kadavera, and she and I had plans to take back my Kingdom. Unfortunately, she was far better than I, and wanted to do so without murdering my wife-- who I wanted to see pay for her treason. It was then that I turned to Olivera. We needed to work closely together, and soon I found myself as a target for her affections. When she found out that I loved Kadavera, she chased her into the desert. For fear of being killed, she sought refuge in the Temple.

By now, I'm dead. Daemos has put it in Liam's head that I am a threat to him. He will use the grimoire to create his own book, like the one Daemos had by finding one hundred people willing to sacrifice themselves for him. And being as he is King, it won't be difficult-- then he will only need the blood of the Keeper to make it complete. To save your mother, you will need to trap the souls in the grimoire after it has been transformed into a the Book of Howls, and then drop it into the lava in Ashu. As for Kadavera, she and I still talk, although my wife is unaware and I am not exactly proud of myself. You must only say, Hasvan iagait gravasu, while inside the oasis by the old Ruins of Revell to gain entrance to her abode."

Remian took a moment to let the words sink in-- before he shot up into the air like cannon ball and flew toward the dip in the land where the group had spent the night previously. He could only hope that there was still time for his companions.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The room felt cold in comparison to the desert terrain it hid beneath and had she not been dragged down through the golden sands herself Victoria would have never believed that such a structure lay beneath the wasteland. ”Tori….?” Bishop groaned from across the room and without so much as waiting for the permission of the cloaked figures she shoved past him and knelt down at his side. ”You said he was okay….. His head. He’s bleeding.” The figures moved closer and leaned over Bishop simultaneously before nodding in agreement. ”He will live. It is but a mere surface wound. One that will be taken care of shortly, I assure you. We have already taken your companion to the throne room to meet with Kadavera. Come. Let us be on our way.” But Victoria had no intention of leaving her brother behind. He was wounded and a place of unfamiliarity. To leave him now when he needed her most was just as bad as to ask her to commit treason. And Victoria would not have it. In one quick movement she rose her blade towards the figures and pointed it at them one by one to create a perimeter around Bishop and herself in hopes of warding them off. ”I’m not leaving him. He is my brother and I refuse to abandon him in the presence of strangers while he is unable to defend him self. Now if you don’t mind….. [******** off.” The figures seemed unphased by her crude language but did not step any closer until one reached out a hand. Victoria immediately moved to strike but just as she was about to bring the blade down upon the pale wrist but just as it was about to make contact… she felt the warmth of a hand wrap around her own to stop her from lashing out. ”No….. She’s right Victoria. I’m fine. Fighting will do you no good. They appear to be many… But they are one.” Victoria stared down at her brother and allowed her sword to dematerialize before falling back down to his side and helping him stand. Her fingers brushed over his brow where the gash bled down his face and expressed a look of confusion in response to what it was that he said. It wasn’t until she turned back towards the cloaked figures that she understood….. The way they moved in unison, how the fabric of their white cloaks seemed to sway together as the breeze from the draft above wafted through the room….. How all neglected to speak…. All but one. ”Kadavera….” The name came out as effortlessly as a breath but was spoken with just as much disbelief as she felt. The figure that had reached out for her lifted her hands up towards the hood of her cloak and as she did so her companions merged with her, having been nothing more than mere illusions to create the idea that she held strength in numbers. The white witch removed her hood and exposed a face of true beauty. Her long silver hair whisped about majestically beneath a peculiar golden head piece and as she shed the white fabric draped over her shoulders a gown adorned in shades of vibrant red, purple, and golden hues was revealed.

She smiled pleasantly upon looking at Bishop and clasped her hands together before nearing the boy and placing both on either side of his face. ”My how you have grown….. The last time I’d seen you, you were but a babe in your mother’s arms. Forgive me for not having been able to introduce myself formally. But there is little protection outside of these walls and I dared not risk it. Oh, but look at you now. You certainly do have Vera’s eyes….” Kadavera’s attention was then drawn towards Victoria who still wielded a look of disdain and wariness for her surroundings, but was nevertheless treated just as kindly as her brother was. ”And you must be Victoria. My my, you certainly have taken after your grandfather’s side. You’re rather a feisty one aren’t you? I suppose I can’t blame you…… I apologize for the poor form of transportation my dears but riding by carriage isn’t really an option here in the caverns of the desert and sand beetles don’t come cheap. It was the best I could do without frightening the lot of you but it seems I’ve been unable to do even that….. Come. We can speak in the throne room where your friend is waiting and I will gladly answer all that you ask of me.” The woman turned then and began exiting the room, leaving both Bishop and Victoria to decide on their own whether or not to follow her. But without anywhere else to go, they didn’t have much of a choice otherwise and made haste in jogging after her to keep up. ”How do you know my grandfather?” Victoria did not waste time waiting to reach the throne room before she began demanding answers from the white witch as she was eager to escape the fortress the woman had built and re-unite with Remian who’s whereabouts were unknown at that moment. She could only hope that he was safe and unharmed. ”I believe I met Cavril after he sought out my sisters and I in hopes of finding a means to reclaim Rivdar and take back his throne. I admit that he and I grew quite fond of each other during that time…. It was such a strenuous period in his life….” Victoria fell behind as she paused mid-step and reflected upon what it was that Kadavera had just shared, only picking up the pace once more to further interrogate the woman. ”You were in love?” For some reason she found that difficult to accept. ”Is that so hard to believe?.... Yes, the man and I did form a relationship, but I feel that such feelings were largely based on the rejection of his wife after having been outcast. He’d lost everything. I suppose things would have stayed that way had he not sought to kill her. I refused to use my magic to commit such an act and refrained from helping him any further in his conquest. And so he sought out my sister, Olivera. Shortly after she too came to see his charm but was disappointed to find that he did not love her as he loved me and sought to kill me as a result. And so I ran. I’ve been here ever since then. Would you believe that you are among the few who sought me out for a visit? It’s a rare occasion mind you. They come but they don’t come often….. And then there was that couple…”

By then the three had reached two large ceiling high double doors at the end of the corridor and with a seemingly effortless push, the white witch opened them and allowed her nephew and his sister inside. There was a myriad of seats on either side of the room, fit for an audience, but all lay bare but one in which Ronan had been carefully placed across. After giving him a brief look over and finding nothing immediately wrong with the man, Victoria returned to Bishop’s side and watched as Kadavera ascended her throne and took a seat before them. ”Ask, and I will answer.”

”You spoke of visitors. There were others before us? Besides our grandfather?”

”Yes though there were few that managed to survive longer than a days time. The desert gets to them before I do I’m afraid. I don’t remember them but there was a pair in particular…. One of which I will never forget. A man and his wife. They sought me out in hopes of finding a way to conceive a child as the woman was proven to be barren after many attempts. Little did they know that his wife was with child when she arrived and it was by misfortune that she came to pass. I am…… ashamed to say that I did have a very brief affair with the man as he was troubled by the death of his wife and, I without company for years. I preserved the child within his wife but before I could tell him as much, he parted ways. Once the infant was ready to leave his mother’s womb I brought the child to him and it is to my knowledge that he was raised by his father in a village a days travel from here. Sadly many misfortunes have befallen that blood line. And I do believe it is not the last…..” There was a moment of silence that befell the room before Bishop finally willed himself to step forward but before he could speak, Kadavera stood and approached him with a sympathetic gaze. ”Yes…. I know what it is that troubles you, Bishop Alexander Helios. And believe me when I say it is the same fear all we who possess power face. But do not fret. For although you were born with a great darkness within you, your spirit is as pure as mine and your heart belongs to those you love. You were brought up in good hands. And I trust that whatever trial you and your companions face you will be able to overcome it. Do not fear what makes you who you are Bishop. You are strong.” Bishop’s brow knit together in a pained expression as he looked away and Victoria could have sworn she saw a tear in his eye as his aunt embraced him. Still, it was good to know he was not without hope. Nor was the rest of them. For they needed to hear such words now more than ever.

O U T F I T
                                                                              {Out.Of.Cupcakes: }
User Image

Remian flew as fast as his wings could carry him, dust flying off his back like a cape in a wind. He pushed his body to the limit, finally given a burst of hope as he secured the letter in his staff, and committed the incantation to memory. He then slammed his hand overhead, clapping the palms tightly together as he change trajectory. His body quickly folded over itself until he was in a dive position, headed straight down into waters of the oasis below, having barely missed ramming right into a few of the pillars that stuck up from the sand of the desert.

Remian's wings locked on his back as he scrunched the muscles as tightly as he could, trying to lessen the blow. His body burst down beneath the cool of the crystal waters, as he chanted the words over and over again. If this didn't work, he hoped that the gods took him-- that he would die hitting his head on the bottom of this oasis and be lost to the stars. This was his only chance to save his mother, and he was not a failure; not when it came to her. She had never once failed him. She may not have been the best mother, but Andromeda was all he had.

Remian attempted to open his eyes just as a burst of white light blinded him. He reached up, almost as if in slow motion, his arms covering his face instinctively as he continued to plummet downward into the unknown. And it was then, that he realized he had done it. Cavril had not lied. He could feel the presence of his companions, along with another. And from what he had heard about the white witch, she was a formidable foe; although pure in some respects, Remian was beyond angry with her for separating him from some of the only other people in the world that meant most to him.

In addition, he still couldn't be sure she would even want to aid them in defeating Liam. But that seemed to be the new direction the the group would have to take, now that Victoria no longer had the blood of a Keeper flowing through her veins. There was much to be said, and the bird didn't want to waste anymore time. If Kadavera was in love with Cavril at some point, then perhaps he could appeal to that side of her. However, there was no telling what danger they were facing right now, given the creatures that the witch had surrounding this place. Was she that fearful of Olivera that she was willing to kill anyone who tried to get in contact with her? What if her grandson thought to come visit?

Remian was beside himself with inquiries and questions, as his body finally leveled. He was headed in feet first now, as he dropped from the ceiling into the room where Ronan, and the heirs to Sonitus were talking with Kadavera. He landed on the marble floor, upon one knee, his other leg supporting his weight as the water from the Oasis beat down over head through the strange vortex that had opened up in the the ceiling of the Temple. The liquid covered the floor, spilling in every direction, as he stood up and snapped his wrist forward; Remian's staff grew immediately, as he breathed deep and the portal above closed. His wings although wet, sprung out like that of an eagle from his adrenaline and he looked on at the four breathlessly whilst droplets fell from every part of his soaking wet exterior.

Amber eyes darted around the room to make sure their was no threat, before he realized where he was. He removed his mask, and the pole in his hand shrank, as he bolted right past everyone in the room to Victoria. He had never felt such relief in his life, it was as if his heart was swelling too big for his chest. "Thank the gods, you are alright." He whispered, lifting her chin with his free hand and placing a moist kiss on her forehead, before looking her over to make sure she wasn't injured.

"Yeah, because I'm chopped liver." Ronan interjected, rolling his eyes.

Remian's hand ran over the glowing skin on her face-- his fingers hardly giving his brain time to process that this was not an illusion. He reached up and pushed his palm over her forehead to rid it of loose strands of crimson, then kissed it again. Thereafter, he swallowed hard and looked toward Kadavera, who had Bishop in her arms. He had never seen his comrade so content; such was enough to quell his own anger."Hello, your highness."

She blushed slightly from his formal greeting. "You must be son of a Phoenix."

"I am."

"Why are you here?"

"The grimoire that belonged to your sister, Olivera, is now in the hands of a warlock named Liam. Cavril left me a note inside a compartment on my staff. It said that you were a former lover of his, and would be willing to aide us in our quest for peace. He had forced us to retrieve the grimoire to give to Liam, because he threaten the lives of his family. He said, that it could be transformed into the Book of Howls. And that it could trap the souls from the last book that proceed it-- that now haunt my mother."

"Yes, since Victoria is his granddaughter. That can be arranged."

Remian did not want to tell the group what he knew. He feared how badly it would hurt them. "How do we kill Liam?" He assumed that was why Cavril wanted them here. If not to create a book of their own, it was to defeat the one who already had the object in order to obtain it. She thought for a moment, as Remian looked back toward Victoria, his hands having slipped down to her bare shoulders, as if she would vanish if he let her go.

"I don't know if that's necessary. A shock to the brain should fix him."

"And if it does not?"

She hesitated. "If it doesn't, I have a copy of the spell my sister made to kill him. Cavril gave it to me for safe keeping."

"Bishop uses dark magic. Well it be still be powerful enough?"

"Bishop is destine to be as Liam. A warlock, not of good or bad. However, Liam does not possess a heart like his. Because of that, what he does to himself is necessary. But he was destine to be in the shadows. My nephew was not." She snapped her fingers and a piece of parchment appeared for Bishop to take. "You'll need a few things. But I have faith in you."

"...Just so that you are made aware, Olivera is dead. You no longer have to be a prisoner here." Remian said, looking back at the woman briefly. "Your son, he had a child recently. You should go see him in the nearby village. He was the one who told me about you."

She shook her head. "No, I nursed a child in the womb of a dead woman. A child that should have never been born. Because of my undying compassion, the world has paid dearly. This is where I belong so that I cannot be manipulated. By Daemos, nor his seed."

Remian's mind swiftly began putting the pieces together, so rapidly that he thought he felt the room spinning. Suddenly, there was heat. And in the blink of an eye, he realized that they were back in the middle of the desert-- the hot sun pounding down upon their bodies.

Ronan frowned, doing a full turn before he ran his fingers through platinum strands of his wild hair. "You talked to someone in the village. A child who told you about the Temple? Daemos son?"

Remian was just as surprised, his hands running down the shoulders of Victoria as he looked her in the eyes. "I had no idea..." He sighed. "We should return to Sonitus."

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Victoria’s mind was pulsating with all the knowledge she had obtained within the short period in which they had left Sonitus. And it seemed that Bishop too was just as overwhelmed as he draped his head onto his aunt’s shoulder and succumbed to the exhaustion that had been haunting him since their departure from Olivera’s fortress. They wanted it to be over. Both children had had their fair share of trials over the span of the last few days but Victoria especially was prepared for it to end. She’d felt as if she had failed long before she’d even been given a chance to prove herself worthy of the life she’d been born in and in having met both Remian and Ronan she had discovered far more about herself than she was ready for. She learned that she was spoiled, ruthless, and without courtesy. Years she had spent mulling about in Sonitus’ pubs had been wasted catering to her own selfish desires when she should have been preparing herself for the responsibility entailed with becoming a queen. Victoria was afraid of growing up…. Of falling in love and putting herself in a vulnerable position and more importantly being relied on as she was now only to fail those who needed her. There had not been one moment where she had been able to progress through their journey without relying on the help of others. Especially Remian. The boy had opened himself to the idea of sharing an interest in the princess and in her own stupidity she had cast him out. Why he thought she was even worth a second glance was beyond her. She did not deserve his kind words, his looks of adoration, nor the attention he offered her. Her family had done wrong by his and just as the old saying went, the apple didn’t fall far from the tree. ”There was another. Another man in our group. What happened to him? Where is he!” Victoria wasn’t quite sure where her sudden aggression stemmed from. But there had been this sudden…. longing… A need really, upon thinking of him and she knew then that they needed to leave and find Remian so that she might make things right with him. There were far more important things happening in that moment but she found herself unable to stray from that desire alone. The white witch pulled away from Bishop then and gave Victoria a look that implied that she was prepared to remind the princess she was in no place to demand such things other than what Kadavera had already offered but before the words could leave her lips the sound of rushing water broke out and the ceiling began to spew forth a downpour. And with it lay the angelic form of none other than Remian himself. Victoria’s eyes widened and her lips parted in speechlessness as the man stood and gave a quick look around the room before heading straight towards her. She expected nothing more than the same indifferent look she’d received prior to the attack and lowered her head slightly with a shift from one leg to the other. But instead, she was surprised to feel the gentle touch of his fingertips beneath her chin as he lifted her gaze towards his own before placing a kiss upon her forehead. Victoria’s entire body flooded with warmth and sent a strange chill down her spine. His hand moved strands away from her face and she felt her own fingers began to creep over his sides as he kissed her for the second time. And just as the first, she was mystified.

Victoria would have forgotten their entire situation had she been allowed to and focused solely on Remian’s touch as she finally spoke his name. ”Remian….” She wanted to try. She wanted to see what this could become. It was the first time she’d ever wanted to open up to another before and to let it slip through her fingers when he was clearly offering her another chance would be foolish. There was going to be a lot of explaining needed on her part but she hoped it wasn’t too late to let him know….. that if anyone wasn’t good enough, it was her. Victoria listened attentively and watched as his lips moved but was particularly confused by the words coming out of his mouth. Kill Liam? The white witch spoke of an alternative but Remian seemed absolutely certain that there was no otherway. And she couldn’t help but agree in finding out why. The warlock had used their grandfather as a means of retrieving the grimoire. And in turn Cavril was the one who had taken the blame. Victoria turned to see Bishop look away and cross his arms in frustration, no doubt upset with how easily he had fallen for Liam’s tricks and learning that he too would become like the warlock just as he feared. Fortunately, his judgment would not be entirely tainted by the darkness within him and, as his aunt confirmed, his sanity would be spared. Still it was a weight on his shoulders that would not be lifted so easily and had Victoria half the control needed over her emotions in that moment she would have gone to her brother to reassure him that all would be well. But alas the woman was still under the spell of the man in front of her and it hadn’t taken long before her eyes redirected back towards Remian’s dripping form. Her gaze dragging over every inch of his chest, face, and neck before enveloping her arms around him entirely and pressing the side of her face against his bare torso. And just like that….. They were back in the desert. She could feel the almost suffocating change in temperature as the sun beat down on them and groaned as she pulled away. Ronan made mention of Daemos offspring who Remian had made contact with and she looked up towards the young bird as they waited for a response only to find that he was uncertain of the child’s identity. Still, the fact that he had come so close to their previous foe’s heir was somewhat daunting and left Victoria with a sickening feeling in her gut. ”My parents won’t at all be happy about this. My grandmother included…” She wasn’t sure what their family would do once notified of Liam’s betrayal let alone hear what she had to say about it. For if it was true, and her grandfather was being manipulated by the warlock…. Victoria would travel to the ends of the earth to free him and bring him home where he belonged. ”We best make haste. There’s no telling how far along Liam has gotten. And in his state of mind it would be best to let Sonitus know it should be prepared for the worst. He’s a powerful man….. and a dangerous foe.” Bishop muttered as he mounted Icarus and yanked on the horse’s reigns to steer him back in the direction from which they entered the desert.

”Ride with me.” Victoria turned back towards Remian with a seriousness in her tone but immediately suppressed her aggressive look as she took Remian’s hands in her own hesitantly. She didn’t expect it to feel natural…. But it did. ”Please. I-I…… I need to talk to you….. Alone.” She hissed as she noted Bishop’s closeness and watched as he gave an amused huff and trotted off ahead of them. She pulled Cato over by the reigns and ran a hand over his pale mane before gently ascending onto the saddle and looking back down at Remian. Even now he proved just as magnificent as he had before. It was strange to think that she expected these feelings to suddenly vanish within the blink of an eye, but Victoria was unfamiliar with such sensations and wasn’t entirely sure how such things worked. How relationships worked. She knew it wasn’t going to be easy and that she ran the risk of hurting them both by giving into this strange temptation. But she no longer cared. For once she was concerned about the well being and emotions of another. A man at that. One who deserved to know how she felt and what she thought of him even if it sounded foolish, sappy, or even felt embarrassing. It was far more painful knowing he didn’t know and felt lesser because of it than it did to humiliate herself in front of him. And so for the second time that morning Victoria reached a hand down for him and bit the inside of her cheek as she waited for him to either accept or decline her offer.

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian was pleased with the knowledge they had attained, and all they had accomplished-- despite it having fallen right in line with Daemos plan. It was a complicated web that their foe weaved, but the bird finally felt like they were about to tug on just the right string to send him tumbling into despair-- left to guard the gates to the underworld for all entirety.

He had almost given up, and despite how brief it may have been, to feel the arms of the woman he felt very strongly about was all the confidence he needed to continue on with this pursuit of not only his mother's freedom, but that of the worlds. Yet, that didn't make him feel any less anxious about what she had to say to him. There was a sense of urgency in her voice that was frightening, as she hurriedly took his hand and pulled them farther away from both Bishop and Ronan, who decided to turned their horses around start back from whence they had came.

Remian couldn't help but glance down upon Victoria's gesture with uncertainty. He wasn't wearing anything around his neck, yet it felt like he was being choked-- forcing him to hastily think of some way to cohesively explain what had happened earlier, before she made situation worse-- by poking fun at him, or out right rejecting him to his face. It was easier to just accept that they were going to go their separate ways after this was over. He owed her an apology for how selfishly he had acted. She was perfectly happily with her life the way it was, and he had no right to try and weasel his way in, especially when he had almost no intentions of staying behind if this plan to save his mother succeeded.

Therefore, it was best that he laid all his cards on the table, but realistically. Then they could go back to being friends. In addition, it would help him better focus on the mission. He had direction now, and although he dreamed of finally knowing what it felt like to have someone genuinely care for him just as much as he did-- Remian was cognizant that now just wasn't the appropriate time. Victoria was significantly younger than he was, and he did not want to be the anchor that kept her from being able to soar when she wanted to. He wasn't interested in something physical, and he knew that was likely all she desired.

"We do need to talk..." He echoed, watching her as she mounted the horse and offered him her hand a second time. Remian drew a nervous breath, his eyes falling to her outstretched limb with great sorrow. It would have been best just to let her talk first, but this couldn't wait. "Victoria, it is no surprise that I like you. Is it?" He whispered, finally, after a long time of silence. There companions had already started past the ruins near the oasis they had stayed in the night prior. "You are smart, beautiful, and ferocious as a mountain lion."

The bird sighed, shaking his head as an overwhelming amount of heat entered his tan cheeks and turned them as amber as his eyes. He reached for her hand, and cupped it in both of his own, examining how perfectly it fit into his palm-- like a puzzle piece-- specifically designed for him. His heart skipped a beat, as she tried to convince himself that this was for the best. "Unfortunately, you and I are very different. And we come from worlds, that are worlds apart."

Remian cleared his throat and released her hand, mounting Cato behind her without so much as a warning. He knew that if they waited any longer, they would fall too far behind their companions. "I know you did not mean to offend when you said what you did last night. However, you were right. You deserve to be happy. So it is best that you do not let me complicate your life."

He slipped his arm around her waist and dropped his hand on opposite leg, as if to belt her to a seat-- and took both of Cato's reins into his other hand before snapping his wings and letting the horse take off after Bishop and Ronan. "I apologize for how I behaved. It was childish..." He managed barely, before his voice simply trailed off. He wasn't sure if it was the sound his heart pounding that distracted him, or the beating of hooves against the hot sand.

However, he was lucky. As something miraculous happened in that moment. Off in the distance, just beyond the forest, the Night Edge's could be see clearing the treetops, and headed straight for the group as they proceeded toward the fringe of the landscape. It would less than an hour, before the ship was able to pick them up and take them back to Sonitus in record time. It was likely they had heard of the trouble they had run into back into Salia. Their killing spree had likely upset the King, and forced the merchants from the port. Either that, or they were being hunted, and Phineus had wanted to get to them before they were made an example of in front of an entire people.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Victoria was ecstatic to hear Remian agree to speak in private and even more so to know that he still thought so fondly of her despite what had happened. She was going to make this right. She was going to tell him all it was she felt about him and then perhaps they might-……. But he wasn’t finished….. Words could not describe the sickening array of sensations that flooded through Victoria’s small frame as Remian looked upon her hand with such sorrow and regret. And as soon as he did Victoria felt the corners of her mouth drop into a frown. She didn’t understand what the look meant nor why he seemed so bewildered after having just admitted his feelings for her. But she knew…. She knew something horrible was going to happen. And it did. Victoria looked down at his hands as he folded them over hers and felt her brow knit together in confusion before having to drag her gaze back towards his face. The look was still there. And this time there were words to follow. Different worlds. Of all the petty excuses she had ever heard he had chosen one of the most over used, stereotypical, and infuriating lines of rejection in existence to illustrate how incompatible they were for one another. It was her own fault of course…. She had allowed him to continue to assume she fell in correspondence with this belief. And now she was paying the price. Victoria could no longer meet Remian’s gaze but instead ripped her hand from his as soon as he released it. The turmoil and crippling ache resonating from deep within her chest was unbearable, bubbling as if it were poisonous bile that had been forced down her throat. In a sense it was, as she had not said what she had in opposition to his attraction to her with legitimacy nor did Remian know the full conversation she’d had with Bishop that had pushed her to that point. No, he was far too concerned with making assumptions and cutting her off when it was her who had something to say. And without an opening to explain, nor the strength required to do so, she slumped forward where she sat and practically doubled over as she felt his arm slip across her torso and onto the opposite leg. ”Look! Up ahead!” Her angered and equally hurt expression was hidden behind curtains of crimson locks as she cast a slight glance upward only to do a double take as her eyes fell upon the Night’s Edge. The appearance of the ship so far out in the desert was cause for worry but Victoria was still finding it difficult to care about much else other than the heart wrenching realization that Remian hadn’t any interest in giving her a second chance as she had hoped. Still, he spoke of her wanting to be happy. But what chance was there of that now? ”Happy [********] day.”

It had taken an hour of painfully silent riding until they finally reached the airship which had, by then, thrown down a ramp for their horses to board. Before even having been brought within twenty feet of the vessel Victoria ripped herself apart from Remian and slid off the side of Cato to walk the remainder of the way. But as usual she found herself unable to do as much without having the last word and after casting a look back at Remian she found herself unable to turn away. She squared the man off with her arms crossed and looked at him for what felt like the last time. ”It sure looks like you have me all figured out don’t it? That I’m just some spoiled brought up b***h who’s got it all planned. I mean, I’m a ******** princess right? I won’t change. You said it yourself, I deserve to be happy. And according to you that means continuing on the way I always have. Bars, Rum, and bastards…..You really had me going Remi boy. You really did. All that nice talk, telling me I was beautiful, feeding me that sappy s**t and making me feel as if I could better myself. That, gods forbid, I might actually care about someone other than myself! And here I was starting to think that I….. That we- You know what? You’re right. It doesn’t matter. Your mind’s been made up. And I’m not about to force feed you my ‘affections’.” She turned away trembling from head to toe but just as quickly whipped back around pointing at him with as much fire in her eyes as there was in his soul. Her lips quivered as she spoke and her voice broke as the words left her feeling just as miserable as she looked. ”And don’t you ever talk to me about ’complicating’ my life. These past few days have been as complicated as it gets with you. You think you know me better and what’s best for me by listening in on an argument I had with my brother, you go on ahead…… This has been a nice talk. A real ******** pleasure.” Victoria turned and pushed past the small group of men that had gathered at the bottom of the ramp consisting of the captain, the cabin boy, and a deck hand, and barreled up the walkway. She paused for a moment as she crossed paths with Phineus and let out a huff. ”Take me home.” And then she was gone. All that remained was the resonating sound of one of the lower deck bunk doors being slammed shut as she ran off with the cabin boy running after her in hopes of consoling the enraged woman.

Bishop hadn’t at all expected things to go as they had as he was quite certain Victoria had been prepared to confess her slow blossoming feelings for their companion. And in a way….. she had. But without the slightest intention of pursuing them. He didn’t know what it was that had set her off nor why she had chosen now of all times to lash out at Remian, but he had a sneaking suspicion it was fear. Bits of the young man’s conversation with his sister had broken through and it was clear to him that in hearing what he thought was Victoria’s rejection, he had sought to do the same by letting her go to pursue whatever was her heart’s content without knowing that such was for him. In a way Bishop did feel partially responsible for the turn of events but felt that it was best to allow things to run its course without interference. However, there was no harm in speaking with his sister as he was certain that having been so close to what could have been only to be shut down was enough to knock her clean off her feet. Victoria wasn’t used to being told no. And if that was indeed what Bishop had done then there would be plenty more theatrics ahead. And so after having taken the reigns of his horse and leading it aboard the Night’s Edge he descended the stairwell and approached the room in which the cabin boy was waiting outside of with a look of concern. ”Is…. Is she going to be okay?” Bishop shrugged with a slight grin and lay a hand upon his shoulder before pushing the door open with the tip of his boot. ”More or less.” He left the boy in the hall and shut the door behind him before turning to find Victoria pacing across the room. Her eyes red but without tears to show for it. ”He didn’t even give me a chance to explain. He just ******** stood there looking miserable as ever and then told me we were too different. That we’re worlds apart! What am I supposed to say to that Bishop? Oh I know you just said no but how about we have a go at it anyway! He acts like he knows me and what I want without even asking. He just based our entire relationship off of something I said in the heat of an argument. One that you instigated, I might add!”

”Is that really the problem?”

Victoria paused mid-step and looked back at her brother with a look of defeat. He knew the answer. He always did. ”No. The problem is that he’s right. He does know me. And that’s what hurts. Because I wanted to be different. Or at least I wanted to try. But he just assumed what I felt and started shoving this idea that I wanted nothing to do with him down my throat…. And then I just…. I got scared. I felt like he was jumping ship. So I jumped too….. I really ******** this one up haven’t I?” She asked with a sigh and lay on the bunk across the room with the side of her face mashed into the bedding. Victoria knew she’d only made things worse for herself but hoped that perhaps it might be a means to an end of the mixed messages the two of them had received. But what of these feelings? She had hoped they would simply vanish along with the remains of whatever possibility of starting something mutual with Remian, but even now she felt the longing to be close to him. To hear his voice and see those eyes of his looking upon her adoringly. So she started to debate the matter. And before long an idea came to mind. What if he could be substituted? It wouldn’t be the first time a woman settled for less…. And after getting a taste of the affection offered her from Remian she found the idea of being left alone unbearable. She couldn’t have him…. But she could have someone else. ”Bishop… Is that boy still in the hall?”

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian knew, once she ripped her hand away from him, that she had not taken to heart what he had said prior to his rejection of the idea of them together. All she had heard was what seemed like an excuse for his behavior, based on how incompatible they were. But when he had mentioned them being from different worlds, he wasn't using a line on her-- as a matter of fact-- he had never heard the phase before. He had spoke quite frankly, and was putting off the fact that he believed he wasn't good enough for her, by simply admitting that him trying to pursue a relationship given the distance between Sonitus and Ashu was foolish.

Remian would have to return to his mother. And although he had been alright with the idea of leaving the Volcano behind-- it was only because he was starting to feel as if this mission was for naught. He had thought that leaving Andromeda to her own destruction, and possibly fighting to preserve the world alongside whatever armies took up their weapons against her was the only way. But now he had hope. It wasn't that he actually believed Victoria couldn't change. In truth, he had believed that baring all of himself to her, would assist her in being able to leave the romps with strange men behind. Alas! The conversation had gone terribly wrong. And he had not only assumed the worse about where this was headed, but offended her in the processed.

The Princess ripped away from him, after an hour of dead silence, and began spewing fire in the bird's direction. He narrowed his gaze, feeling bits and pieces of his heart break and fall into the cavity just below his chest. As everything on his body heated up ten times hotter than any flame, and he was left without a word to say. Why had found himself falling for this woman, he didn't know. She chose the worse times to speak, and rejected him just as he believed she would. However, she didn't even bother to keep what was going on between them a private matter. Nay! She decided that it was best to yell at him in front of everyone; to make assumptions about what he had said, instead of just asking him what he meant.

Remian was beyond insulted by the way she addressed him. And by the time she went storming off in the direction of the ship's ramp, the bird had lost all interest in an apology, or better yet, an explanation. There was no hidden meaning in what she had said. And he had misunderstood nothing. She was upset, not because he had turned her down, but because she believed that he was claiming she was incapable of change. Something Remian had not even alluded to in the slightest. His declaration about her deserving to be happy, was simply meant to be taken as if was stated. She had said she enjoyed her life the way it was. She liked to drink, and fawn of over handsome men-- and yes, he was aware that she afraid of falling in love. She had made all that clear. He didn't want to to step in, and ruin everything! Victoria claimed she didn't want the burden that came with 'caring' and he honestly desired to see her happy. But all she could hear was what she wanted to hear. And there was nothing left to do. It was over. He was done with her.

Remian dismounted Cato after she had run off, leaving the men at the base of the ramp to stare him down until he brought the horse up the ramp by the reins, trying to ignore every merchant who was now passing judgement on him. He was beyond embarrassed, and disappointed in himself for thinking that he could have any kind of relationship with Victoria-- that they could actually communicate like adults. Everything was about her. She was beyond selfish. And didn't bother to think about how anyone else felt before she spoke. It was sickening. Alexander, although a good man, had passed on traits to his daughter that would be hard for any suitor to look past.

Even Phinues seemed a bit confused as she stalked by him, both Bishop and the cabin boy going after her. One of the crew came to retrieve their horses, as the ramp was raised and they prepared for departure. Ronan eyed his son, but didn't speak. Instead, he went and pierced himself on the rail, expect he was in elven form now, and had simply tossed his legs over the side of the Night's Edge, admiring the view. "Trouble in paradise?" Phineus asked softly, just as the cannon fired air into the sails and the vessel began up into the sky toward Sonitus.

"I offended her."

"Yes, I can see that." The half-giant laughed. "She is spectacular. It is strange-- like looking at my brother in female form." He turned his head and made eye contract with Remian, who was of similar height. "Her father, Alexander was stubborn, and cruel. He said whatever his heart desired and cared not who he caused pain. When we first met the Queen, she was actually on the run from Daemos, her husband, and stabbed Alexander when kidnapped her. He was hellbent on killing her and getting revenge for what she had done to him. They bickered, and fought like children before it became apparent to me, that my brother thought he was defending himself by neglecting his true feelings. When really he was hurting himself."

Phineus shrugged his large shoulders. "Victoria is no different. She lashes out at those she obviously cares about. Or your words wouldn't have meant anything at all." He glanced back at the scenery momentarily, as if recalling a memory. "Too much pride. But I've learned it can be overridden, Remi."

The bird was surprise to hear such things about the King and Queen, as they seemed to be more in love than any couple he ever had the pleasure of meeting. After twenty years, it seemed Belva was still just as stunned when he walked into a room as she would have been when they had first fallen in love. "Then I should go apologize?"

Phineus smiled. "I'm not sure what you did to offend her. But since she is a spitting image of Alexander, I'm going to assume it was something petty. So perhaps it's best you be the better the person, and do what you know she won't."

Remian understood, and nodded his head at the wise man before leaving his side and proceeding down below the deck. Fortunately, she wasn't hard to find, as the cabin boy was standing just outside the door like a sullen puppy dog. However, he didn't bother to acknowledge him, since he was obviously here for the wrong reasons-- wanting to console the Princess while she was down in the hopes of another lip locking session.

From here, he heard Bishop rebuttal to whatever Victoria had said previously, and then she went on to talk about how Remian had been right. And how she was afraid that he was 'jumping ship.' And then...and then she asked about the cabin boy. For some reason, the bird was even more angry now then he had been before. Surely, she had admitted to thinking she wanted something with him-- anything. But now, Victoria was simply going to run and jump into the arms of a man to help make her feel better about the argument? Perhaps he was wrong. But given the context of the conversation. He likely wasn't.

Was this going to happen every time they fought? Was she going to seek out whomever was willing to hold her and caress her when he wouldn't? Phineus was right. Alexander had only been hurting himself, and the Princess was following right down that path. Remian turned around and looked at the boy standing behind him, with a snicker before proceeding to his own room-- where he would stay until they arrived at Sonitus, and he could even farther away from this vile woman.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Victoria’s initial plan had been to simply spend all of these pent up emotions on another man. One that was too blind to see her flaws and wouldn’t have cared otherwise. One like the cabin boy who continuously pined for her attention. Unfortunately the boy’s clingy nature and almost obsessive doting was proving fairly difficult to overlook and more often than not, in the time that they traveled from the desert to Sonitus she found herself merely walking around with him following close behind, talking, watching, and fawning over her to the point it was becoming fairly annoying, fairly quickly. This wasn’t at all the way she had felt about Remian. And the more time he spent away, the more she yearned to be near him. Still there was little else she could have done otherwise as she was certain she’d ruined everything between them the first time around and obliterated any chance of repairing it the second. There had been one instance however where she had found hope in the man. Amidst the cabin boy’s continuous blabber she had picked up on a few comments that had piqued her interest for the first time since he had opened his mouth. Victoria had been leaning over the railing with the bridge of her nose pinched between two of her fingers. Her migraine had worsened with the passing of the hours and the young man’s continuous chatter seemed almost never ending and without purpose. ”…….but of course I thought otherwise. I mean you are a princess after all. And I suppose it didn’t entirely surprise me that there was the possibility that he liked you, having gone to check on you and all. He didn’t knock but I thought he might. Perhaps I shouldn’t be telling you this…” The boy just as easily moved on to another topic but in hearing him refer to Remian and how he had approached her room the day she had lashed out at him, her hands dropped and she whirled around to face her new plaything with a hungry look in her eye. She needed to know more. ”He came to my room?!?! Why didn’t you ******** say something! What about him! Did he say anything?!?!?” Her heart was racing as she grabbed the front of the cabin boy’s shirt causing him to flush a bright pink much like he had the day they spent pent up inside one of the storage rooms, lips locked up until the moment they were attacked. Strangely enough she had found no desire to so much as lay a hand on him up until now and had even made a point to lay down a few rules stating as much. But despite this, he seemed content with so much as being allowed to breath the very same air. It was just a number of things that she found frustrating about him. Remian hadn’t worshiped the ground she walked on. And she’d [i[liked that about him. He had treated her like a human being when she’d asked him to and yet somehow maintained his respect for her title without offending her. And all she’d ever done in return was spat in his face. The reminder was painful enough. Knowing he wouldn’t be coming back…. That was unbearable. Still, the cabin boy’s words had brought the slimmest of hopes and she was desperate to hear more. ”Yes well….. No… As a matter of fact he didn’t say anything really. He waited and we, I’m embarrassed to say, listened as the walls on this ship aren’t prone to blocking out the sound of a dispute even behind closed doors. And then he laughed and left.”

”He laughed?” The boy was clearly over exaggerating the incident as he had noticed the light in her eyes upon having mentioned the other and had taken note of the threat he posed. He didn’t want to lie to her. But he also didn’t want to lose her to someone he felt treated her like anything less than a goddess. And so he refrained from correcting his statement and went on to confirm her fears by nodding vigorously. ”Oh……” Her heart sunk at the mere thought of Remian having laughed upon having heard her confessions and a continuous throbbing ached throughout her chest as her hopes were once again dashed aside with such little effort. There were several occasions later on that night where she had wandered to his doorway and several the following day as well up until she was at last caught in the act. Bishop had been wandering out of his room just as Victoria was working up the nerve to lift a closed fist to knock but upon doing so her brother rubbed his eyes and let out a dazed yawn. ”What are you doing?” He asked. His half conscious mind was far too withdrawn to understand that he had just interrupted an important moment and Victoria immediately pulled her fist back before straightening her spine and shooting him a scowl. Nothing! Mind your ******** business and go back to sleep.” Bishop gave a shrug and did as told, lazily lifting a dismissive hand as he turned tail and shut the door behind him. Victoria let out a bewildered sight and returned to the sanctity of her room where she knew she would get little sleep in knowing tomorrow would be just another day of avoidance from the man. Morning came with its aches and pains which stemmed from the repeated tossing and turning in which Victoria had fought the urge to barge into Remian’s room, beat the young man who followed her during the hours of the day, or worry about how her parents would welcome her that day knowing she had done little to better the fate of the world. She yearned to see her parents again and to feel their embrace and as the day went on the feeling had yet to fade as quickly as the sun did. And by the time afternoon had come, they arrived in Sonitus’ port. She eagerly packed her things and strapped them onto Cato in unison with Bishop and his horse and as the lot descended the ramp she found herself lagging behind tremendously slumped forward and gritting her teeth as the cabin boy called after her. ”I-I’ll be waiting for you when you get back!” She slammed the palms of her hands against her head and dragged one over her face before moving to wrap her wrists around Cato’s reigns and give them a swift whip. The duo took off up the path as the wind rushed past them, propelled by the force in which she was riding and adjusting to the stinging sensation at the back of her eyes that she blamed on the air’s current. She wanted to go home. She wanted to see the faces of her uncles, their children, her grandmother, her grandfather. She wanted to feel her father’s arms around her and feel the warmth of their bond. And she wanted her-

”MOM!!!!” Belva was practically bouncing on her heels as she saw Victoria riding ahead of the rest and watched as her daughter jumped off Cato, much earlier than she should have and tumbling to the ground as her steed came to a skidding stop only to jump back up and run to her mother as the queen met her half way and enveloped her in her arms. Victoria could smell the sweet scent of the sea wafting off her mother and filling her with an immense sense of nostalgia as she clasped her mother’s weeping form against her own. She’d seen a strange sadness in her mother’s eyes before even having approached but did not question it as they held onto each other before pulling apart just enough for Belva to grab Victoria’s face in her hands and kiss her forehead lovingly Bishop was soon to arrive and as he gracefully dismounted he froze in seeing his mother smiling tearfully at him. The two stood in silence for a moment before rushing towards one another and embracing much the same as she’d done with Victoria. It felt as if the weight of having parted from them had been lifted. But still much else remained. Bishop ran a hand over his mother’s cheek and felt her cool fingers wrap around his as she lay hers on top. Her smile clearly meant to express the joy she felt in having been re-united with her children but a sadness all too clear to the young man who had seen the nymph through more trials than most children would ever see their parents endure. Something wasn’t right. ”What’s wrong? What happened?.....” Belva opened her mouth to speak but could not find the words to tell them what had happened. And all that they had learned in their children’s absence. In seeing the covered sorrow intensify he pulled his mother back into his embrace and quickly led the lot up the steps to the castle doors with a concerned Victoria in tow. Both of which were eager to speak with their father and see their family for what felt like the first time in decades.

O U T F I T
User Image

Alexander was pacing back and forth when Victoria, Bishop, and Bevla finally entered the castle. They weren't alone, and were soon followed by Phineus, Ronan, and Remian. And as happy as he was to see that they were all alive, there were pressing matters at hand; the most prominent of them, was descending the main staircase into the foyer right this moment.

He eyed his mother briefly, as she attempted to pull a large, wooden, antique suitcase down the steps. It contained some of things she had gathered from Rivdar during the retrieval of her body-- many of them were forbidden potions-- some so potent that they could send the Kingdom up in flames if she wasn't careful. Over Indigo's shoulder was a small bag of her essentials. And running down her face was a cascade of tears that proclaimed her vengeance to the world.

Unfortunately, it was only the adrenaline that was giving her this much ferocity, for she was no match for their foe on her own. If they were going to wage war against Helena for the sake of her husband-- then they would have to do so tactfully-- or Alexander risked losing everything he held dear. Had he not needed to worry about his mother blowing the single most important advantage they had-- which was surprise-- he would have allowed her leave and pursue this foolishness to the end. Because somewhere deep down, the elf was aware that his parents had fallen in love all over again, and should something similar have happened to Belva, he would risked it all and die to be with her.

Yes. It hurt him to know that he would never see his family 'whole' again-- that he had lost his father at the hands of Daemos. For Liam, was only a pawn in a scheme much better than himself. Alexander regretted not killing him when he had the chance. He gave the man too much time to think. And now, Cavril was gone.

"You're safe." He breathed, approaching his beloved children. As always, he offered Bishop a kiss on the forehead, before pulling Victoria into his arms. He squeezed her tight and fought the urge to ask about each and every thing that had happened while they were away from him. Every second he had worried about the dangers that would befall them; unaware that this was within the stars of the enemy. Alexander pulled his hands up to his Princess' face and kissed her on either cheek, before looking up at the others who had entered his home. Ronan was unrecognizable to him, but once he opened his mouth, it was hard to ignore the similarities he had to smart mouthed dragon who had insulted him a week ago.

"I am leaving, don't try to stop me!" Indigo sobbed from the bottom of the stairs, finally getting the beautifully craved chest to the base. Her back was turned to the group, as she attempted to waddle backwards pulling on the brown leather handle that stuck out of the side in the hopes of actually making it out of the door. But Alexander was far too exasperated with her reckless behavior to just let her go.

[******** get it together, woman! You're not going anywhere."

She spat on the ground at her own feet in response to his command, and dropped the case immediately. It hit the marble floor with a loud thud, and enough strength to put a crack in the foundation. Indigo whirled around and began waging her finger at Alexander, using her other hand to lift the hem of the canary yellow dress she was wearing. Her mixture of platinum and onyx hair was pulling into a bun, and there was a lovely tiara on her head. However, the woman's face was all but pleasant. It was twisted in an expression that contained more lethal components than any weapon. "Do you think you can tell me what to do because you are King? Did you not fall out of me? I give the [******** orders when it comes to this family, ALEXANDER! Not you!"

"Yeah! Is that what you think?" Alexander laughed, showing no remorse for his words, even as his mother moved closer with cool and calculated steps. "If you go rushing into Helena, any chance we 'ave of ambushing Liam is lost!"

It was her turn to chuckle. And boy did she. Her eyes were bloodshot, and she looked half crazy, when she stopped to digest what her son had just said to her. "Do you think I care about the element of surprise? I don't. I do not care. I want my 'usband back! I want the man that love back! Do you 'ear me? I made you with that man! 'E is my soul! And without 'im, I cannot live. So you might as well drive a stake through my 'eart right now!" Indigo took two more steps forward and pushed her pointer finger into Alexander's chest, looking up at him consumed in anger and saddness.

He could see that this was too much for her. The idea of having finally attained what she desired all her life-- only to have it ripped away just as quickly, was killing her. She was dying. Fortunately, he could sympathize. "Stop being so dramatic."

"ALEXANDER!' She screamed in frustration. "Do you care about your father at all? Even a little bit?"

"Yes. I do. Which is why letting you die in the pursuit of 'im is something I'm preventing. Not because I care, but because I know 'e would care. 'E didn't die, so that you could sacrifice yourself."

Suddenly, there was understanding in the woman's eyes, as she fell into Alexander's chest in surrender-- weeping. "'Ow then," She whispered, as he brought his arms up around her in hopes offering comfort. "'Ow do we get 'im back?"

"I may have a solution." Remian spoke up, moving from the entrance of the castle to the center of the room. His dark, foreboding wings were spread in a rather defensive manner, that made Alexander slightly nervous. And he didn't feel any better when he removed his weapon from his waist and shook it. It grew to full size, and side popped open, reveling a piece of parchment. Moreover, he was staring very intensely at the King, as if he were trying not to looking at anything, or anyone else. Perhaps he was avoiding the sad faces, but Alexander was far too smart to fall for that. There was no way this boy spent even the smallest amount of time with his baby girl, and did not find himself drawn to her. In addition, Bishop had proven rather terrible at fending men off of Victoria, and Remian was likely no different. It was a foolish thought given the serious situation, but he was a father-- so sue him.

Indigo quickly fled Alexander's embrace and moved in for the parchment, which she quickly unraveled and read silently. "'E was cheating on me!" She exclaimed incredulously, holding the letter up and waving it above her head like a mad woman.

Remian quickly cleared his throat and tried to make the best of the situation as she haughtily turned to him and grabbed him by the belt of his pants pulling him close-- making his face deepen red. "The grimoire..." He choked, trying to keep from receiving the woman's wrath. "Cavril's letter said that once it was turned into the Book of Howls, we could use it to contain the souls in Ashu."

"And my 'usband?" Indigo growled.

Remian nodded. "Cavril had given...his..."

"HIS WHAT? LOVER? GO AHEAD. SAY IT BOY."

"...yes that. He had given her a copy of a spell he was going to use, when Liam was his enemy. If a shock to the head doesn't cure him. Then Bishop can surely destroy him."

Alexander turned, and looked at his son, his heart heavy at the thought of forcing him doing something that his former father had wanted him to have no part of. "There 'as to be another way..."

"When we resurrect Cavril, I'm going to kill 'im." Indigo mumbled finally releasing Remian.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Victoria reveled in the feel of her father’s arms wrapped around her and the warmth radiating off of his skin as he pulled her into his embrace, and returned it eagerly. She burrowed into the man before she was pulled back with her face gently cupped between his palms as he kissed her cheeks and in turn she smiled up at him with an admiring gaze. Her eyes glistened as the princess took in every one of her father’s features and saw the spitting image of his own, reminding her of how she had grown up wanting nothing more than to be exactly like them. Both Cavril and his son had proven to be strong, brave, and understanding. And although they both had their fair share of trouble when it came to love they had always managed to persevere. So where had she gone wrong? ”Grandma?” Victoria was pulled out of her self evaluation momentarily as her attention went onto Indigo who had begun to tug a large fossil of a chest down the stairway. Tears were streaming down the beautiful woman’s face which was contorted by sadness and despair. Victoria had never seen her family so distraught… And so she began to worry. It seemed that word had traveled of Liam’s betrayal and the manipulation of her grandfather. And it was their grandmother who intended to retrieve her husband from the grips of her former lover. Victoria watched with a look of inward sympathy for her grandmother and turned to Belva who nodded in solemn agreement. The two held one another’s hand and in turn the queen took Bishop’s as well as three watched Indigo’s condition rapidly deteriorate before their very eyes. There was a moment of bickering amongst the elf and her son who was quick to remind her that by so openly inviting Helena to war she would be exposing them to Liam and revealing their intentions. Her father was right. They needed to catch the warlock off guard. But that didn’t make things any easier on Indigo who was still just as quick to snap back at her son for having demanded she put a stop to her behavior less she wished to get them all killed. She was in pain. It was no surprise. But what Victoria couldn’t understand was why their grandmother would want to be so reckless and put both they and their grandfather in harms way by trying to make an open attack on their enemy. It wasn’t until her father spoke of the matter that she came to find out just how much she didn’t know when it came to the severity of it all…. And just how far Liam had gone. ”….Dead…. He’s-…” Victoria choked on her words as she looked to both the king and her grandmother who had now begun to embrace one another in hopes of offering comfort in the midst of their family’s loss. Her heart plummeted into the pit of her stomach and a gut wrenching ache wracked her small frame to the very core. Her body shook and her knees felt weak as she registered what it was her father had said and tears began to whelm up for the first time since she was but a child. It was heartbreaking. Victoria could feel her eyes burning as they threatened to give way but even in her shock she refused to weep. Not here. Not when they could see. And not where he could see.

Remian had known all along. And yet despite this he had withheld such information from them. Victoria wanted to be angry with him. She wanted to hate him for having kept something so vital, so horrific from her only to find out like this. But she couldn’t. She cared far too much for the bird to not be able to understand why he might not have done so. It was possible he had been trying to protect them. Had they found out while they were away from home they would have been well out of reach of their family and without anyone to console them during their time of grieving. It would have been pure torture knowing that they were here and in pain and she would be without a way of contacting or comforting them in their sorrow, and eventually such plaguing thoughts would have hindered the task at hand. Even now she wasn’t quite sure what to do with herself and began moving about the room erotically before backhanding a vase off of its podium and shoving her way past her companions and out the door. Victoria could still recall her last conversation with her grandfather. She could still hear his voice as she had spoken to him, hugged him for the first time in her life and inevitabley the last. How long had it taken for Liam to kill him after she had gone? Did he suffer? Did Liam force him to endure the pain of knowing he’d lost everything just as he was to be reunited with his family? The questions came in waves and the idea of her grandfather’s final hours having been spent in the company of the man who had stolen his life in Rivdar all those years ago made her sick. And she wasn’t the only one. By now Belva had gone after Victoria leaving the more stoic of her children with a kiss on his forehead and a squeeze of the hand. Indigo had begun waving the note Cavril had left Remian and assaulted the boy as he went on to speak of the grimoire and the only way in which they were to defeat their enemy. There were only two options, one of which would be far more effective than the other. And yet still their father wanted to do everything in his power to protect his son from having to endure such risks. Bishop’s eyes were red from restraint as he swallowed hard and blinked through the tears slowly creeping down his face. He loved his family more than he feared the risks. He could only hope that he could convey such feelings to them. ”I know…. that it is not the ideal choice. But…..” Bishop knew. He knew it was time for him to step up and not only here with the ones he loved but in his other relationships as well. He would be a king one day. Someone responsible for the lives of many. And he hoped that when that day came he would have a queen at his side to help guide him down the right path. But for now he needed to reassure his father that he would be capable of handling the responsibility that came with such tasks and that he was willing to make things right for their sake if not the world’s.

”There are things I said to him…. Horrible things. Things I’m not proud of and if given the chance I would do anything…. Gods… I would do anything to take them back. And I only hope that I can redeem myself to him now even though he is no longer here to tell how sorry I am for having assumed he would wish anything upon us even remotely of ill will. We spoke to her, Kadavera. She said that I was fated to be a warlock like Liam but gave me faith that I will not fall to the same shadows he bows to now….. Even if there was another way to defeat Liam, this is the one I would wish to use…. I want him to know what happens when you commit such acts and expect to rid yourself of the consequences.” Never before had he felt such rage within him. And although frightening, it was also pleasant to be so sure of what he wanted. ”I’m going to make sure that you and our family are safe. That Sonitus continues to thrive and that Helena will be ripped of its power and its people given a leader anew.” His mind throbbed as the tears began cascading down his face and his mouth trembled as he spoke. He was going to kill Liam for what he’d done. For having stolen the life of a man he loved dearly. And for whatever guilt Bishop felt for having thought ill of his grandfather for the acts the warlock had forced him to commit, he would make him suffer for that as well. ”I’m going to make him burn”

But Bishop was not alone in his guilt. Victoria hadn’t gotten far when Belva caught up with her just as her daughter reached the castles front steps. She paced back and forth with the fury of the gods burning within her and in believing herself to be alone had also allowed her own tears to be shed. It wasn’t until she heard the faintest of breaths that she turned to see her mother at the top of the steps gazing upon her with a solemn expression. ”I’m so sorry Tori… We sent for you both as soon as we found out. We didn’t…. We didn’t think it right to allow you to find out any other way-“

”I was there.” Victoria growled through her sobs as she continued to pace and looked back up at her mother with anger, not for the queen but for her own part in the matter and how foolish she’d been. ”I was there when he had us take the grimoire. I was right ******** there but I couldn’t see it. I thought that he had a reason for wanting to put us in harms way for the sake of revenge. That he deserved to be able to make Liam suffer for what he’d done. The warlock was right in that [******** room and I missed it! I could have saved him. I could have stopped Liam then. I could have taken the grimoire, I could have done something but I just…. I left. I left him alone with that man and he killed him mom. He killed him and I still can’t get it out of my head. He was right there. Right there. I could feel him I could hear him. But I didn’t see Liam. And it rips me apart inside to know that while I was relishing the idea of being with grandpa for the first time in my life, that snide b*****d was hiding in the shadows. I left him…. and it’s my fault.” Victoria cried and collapsed onto her knees. Belva hurried down the remainder of the steps and knelt down before her daughter as she wrapped her arms around her in a comforting embrace, running her hand over the back of her hair as the princess’ body shook beneath her. ”No… No it’s not your fault. If anyone is to blame it is us. We should have killed Daemos but we allowed ourselves to feel content in knowing he would live the rest of his days in isolation and a mental purgatory for having taken his life for granted. We’ve made so many mistakes in the past Victoria. But we learn from them. This was not your fault. Liam is a powerful man and one of many secrets as was your grandfather. He is a formidable foe and under the control of a man proven to be even more so. You couldn’t have known…” Belva lifted her daughter’s face in her hands and ran her thumbs over her cheeks to clear away the ever flowing tears that continued to race over her flushed skin. ”Your grandfather loved you. And I know without a doubt he knew you loved him and would have done everything within your power to protect him.” Victoria’s sobs left her winded and as she stared back into her mother’s indigo irises and found the same strength in them that she saw in her father’s. There had been times during her youth that Victoria too had searched for such expression in her own eyes but upon looking in the mirror had seen nothing of the sort. So why was it she lacked such bravery when others were able to possess it with little effort? Had it not been there days prior? Had she not earned it? So where had it gone? ”Why do I feel like this? Mom, what’s wrong with me?”

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian felt his heart breaking at the sight of the family so put asunder by the death of the former Keeper. And although he didn't normally wear his heart on his sleeve, his inner conflict was evident. As Victoria left the castle and Belva went after her in the hopes of consoling her, the bird was seen looking after the two-- as if he was longed to go and offer comfort as well. But something was stopping him.

Alexander would have liked to take the credit for his fear, however he knew the the last few days held secrets that neither would tell him. And it was apparent that his son was hellbent on revenge for his grandfather's death. Mostly for the wrong reasons, but the elf knew that was partly his fault. He had taught Bishop to be strong for both his mother and sister, yet never warned him of what such strength could make a man feel in a situation where that simply wasn't possible.

Alexander had a hard time admitting his weaknesses, and telling them to the boy he was raising was almost an impossibility. In a way, his pride was still his greatest saboteur. It greatly pained him to see that Bishop felt like the weight of Cavril's resurrection was only on his shoulders, for surely it was not true. The man had done this to himself. He was the cause of this pain. Instead of accepting his punishment, he tricked Daemos into taking his place. And now...he was getting his vengeance. All that they could do now, was try and make the best out of the situation.

Alexander glanced at Remian, before approaching Bishop and pulling him into his arms to allow him a shoulder to cry on. It was never easy for a man to weep in front of others. So he respected his choice to do so freely. "I want you to listen to me, son. This is real dangerous stuff you're getting into. Do not let that anger and guilt you feel control you. There are fantastical elements that make you who you are, but beneath all of that-- you are a 'uman. And we all make mistakes."

He breathed, regretting what he about to say before he said it. "My father was good man. Despite all the bad 'e 'ad done. And so is Liam. So before you do anything brash, we'll try and knock some sense into the man, before we cut 'is 'ead off 'is shoulders and burn 'is castle to the ground. Not to mention, I say things I'm not proud of all the time. My father and I weren't exactly on speaking terms." He leaned his head down and kissed Bishop between strands of his tawny hair. "I love you."

Alexander could feel the moment starting to get him. And unlike his son, he did not wish to cry in front of their guest. So he patted his back briefly and left him, to speak with Remian. He was grateful that the bird had kept the bad news from his children until they were home safe. Therefore, irrespective of his daughter's affections for him, the boy at least deserved to know that the Kingdom was grateful for their safe return-- that he was grateful.

For a time, Remian had been staring off at the open doors of the castle, wondering if Victoria was even more furious with him. He knew that keeping something like the death of their grandfather a secret, was a huge risk. But it was something he did not have the right to tell. His job was to get her home safely, and he had done that, right? So why did he feel so hallow inside? If the wind were to blow, he would likely float away, never to be found again.

This was the strangest thing he had ever felt. This was true pain. He reached up with a nervous hand and ran his fingers along the nape of his neck in the hope of easing his muscles. Unfortunately, his body felt so tense that it only proved tiresome to move. Indigo had left him at least, and found Ronan and Phineus, who offered her an embrace-- as they talked about the next step in the pursuit of Liam.

However, Alexander was walking toward him, which only made his temporary paralysis, more permanent. Remian did not move, or breath. He feared that he was too obvious. Any man could see the way he looked at her. "'Ow long?" He asked, standing in front of him, but off the side, so that the bird could only see him out of the corner of his eye.

"How long?" Remian inquired in a firm tone, hiding his fear.

"'Ow long did you know my father was dead?"

"Four days."

"And you never told them?"

His wings that had gone into resting, sprung out again causing a wind to ruffle through the quarter. He felt attacked for some reason or another, and turned to look at the King with resentment in his eyes. "Is that what I should have done? Broken their hearts, with no one there to pick up the pieces?" Remian shook his head, answering his own question. "I know what that feels like to have no one, when someone is all you desire. Family is the most important thing in this world to me. And this not mine. They deserved to hear this news from you-- from theirs. Not from a man they meet only a week and a half weeks ago."

Alexander narrowed his gaze, and his crimson eyebrows fell before he pursed his lips together and nodded his head, causing Remian to swallow nervously. "I see."

It was unnerving that the elf was taking this so lightly. This was his father after all, and despite what Ha'an had done, the bird knew he would not have been able to contain his saddness if he was murdered in cold blood. "Are you not grieving?"

"Do I not look sad?"

"You look..." Remian searched from the word. "Indifferent."

"My father and I 'ad a relationship based on lies. 'Is death was a noble one. It is the only thing 'e 'as done, that I'm proud of."

There wasn't much to say after some like that, and the two merely stared at one another waiting for the other to make a move. But it was proving difficult not to be in awe of the King. He was strange, and mysterious-- he was fire. Fire like Remian had never seen before. The Princess had inherited such a glow. And upon her, it was perfection.

"Are you going to go after Victoria?"

"It is not my company she seeks."

Alexander smiled so suddenly it caused the bird's wings to fall; his heart was pounding. "I find that to be a very good thing. For your sake..." And with that the King proceeded out of the front doors where he found both Belva and Victoria and allowed them to seek refuge in his loving arms. "It's going to be alright." He promised.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Belva and Victoria easily merged into the king’s arms as he approached and found comfort in the presence of one another as they heard his words of promise. And although in her mind she knew that she should have been reassured by this, there were some things her father could not fix, nor would he condone such thoughts had she found necessary to relay all that she was feeling to him. And being that she was also uncertain of where her mother’s ability to withhold secrets from her husband, she felt it best to wait until she asked to speak with the queen alone to discuss the matter of her bizarre affections for the man she had accompanied for the past week. ”I hope you’re right.” Was all that Victoria could muster as she rest her head against the crook of her father’s neck and shoulder and watched through the now open doorway as Bishop slowly ran a hand through his hair and approached Remian. Even through her tears the bird managed to look as magnificent as ever. Such only made it all the more painful to know that she had lost her chance with him. Had she known he was awake that night she knew that she would not have dared to speak so freely and with as much sarcasm as she had. She wanted to tell him all that was on her mind. To let him know she was willing to change for the sake of making him happy if not to better herself in his eyes. Never before had Victoria so much as thought of changing her habits for a man. In her eyes, they had all been the same. Mindless bastards waiting to prey upon those who were weak. Taking all that they found appealing to the eye and willing to bend to her will if she so much as batted an eye lash in their general direction. She knew that she was nothing more than a piece of meat to them. And had she given them a chance, they would have broken her heart in two. Something she had done to those she’d encountered in an attempt to turn the tables and pull the odds in her favor. But Remian….. He had never so much as tried to insinuate that he was attracted to her body alone nor had he fallen under the stereotypical categories she was able to label most men under. He was different, refreshing, humble, sweet, inexperienced, knowledgeable, fierce in battle, and innocent all at once. It was a whirlwind of odd qualities and together they created the perfect storm. He was perfect. And why it had taken her so long to see that before was beyond her. ”I think I need to go for a ride. Clear my mind some and pull myself together.” She said with a sniff as Victoria dried her face with the back of her hand and slowly pulled from her parents and giving them both a kiss on the cheek. ”I’ll be back before nightfall. I just need some time. I…. I want to keep going. I want to go with Bishop to stop Liam and put an end to this." Belva nodded silently but did not agree nor deny her daughter’s request as she knew that there was no stopping her even if she had wanted to. She’d inherited the spirit and determination of her father. And for that, Belva couldn’t be more proud. It didn’t take long for Victoria to peel herself off of the ground and cast one final look towards the doorway where the fading sun’s rays crept past the doors and shone down upon Remian’s brilliant ebony feathers and strawberry hair….. She needed a drink. Without so much as bothering to stop by the stables to retrieve Cato for the ride into the center of the city, Victoria broke for the one place she had considered a home away from home up until the past few days. The pub.

The bartender was happy to see her as were the usual patrons. The arrival of the royal heirs hadn’t gone unheard of and the evening at their favorite pub had started off with a bang. Unfortunately Victoria was in no mood to celebrate. Between the herd of men on either side of her and the music blaring over the sea of dancing bodies and laughter, she had managed to consume well over her fair share of alcohol and was well on her way to a very, very unpleasant awakening the following morning. However it was not her impending hangover that Victoria had on her mind but rather the glistening eyes of Remian, the warmth of his skin, the sound of his voice, even the scent of smoldering stone that seemed to waft off of him reminding her of his origins. There were those around her, men who were pining to impress her with their own tales or asking to hear hers. But Victoria was quick to shoo them away and before long she was left at her booth alone. Her vision had deteriorated tremendously as did her other senses as the hours progressed and before long she was the spitting image of a bitter drunk lurking around the pub. She rose her hand sloppily for another serving as the bartender neared and glanced up in time to see a young couple embracing one another in a loving, yet clearly intoxicated, gaze before locking lips hungrily. The bar tender poured her another serving with a somewhat worrisome look on his face before he followed her gaze unto that of the man and woman and gave a soft smile. ”Make a good pair, those two. To be married soon.” But Victoria had stopped seeing the brunette and golden haired man she was latched around and had instead envisioned the very man she had begun to long for. Remian. And the woman he held? Daliah. Victoria grit her teeth almost uncontrollably and glared at the couple with fire burning on the tip of her tongue. ”He’s too young. She’s not right for him. She’ll hurt him!” She hissed and pushed back her seat much to the surprise of the man. Her mug went flying through the air and shattered just above the couple as she darted across the room and barreled right into them, ripping the woman off of the man aggressively. ”Get the ******** off of him-…..” She looked back down towards the young man who was looking up at her with disbelief and watched as Remian’s features faded within moments of having neared him and returned to that of the young engaged man. She turned to the woman who had also returned to her original appearance and scowled before tossing her aside just as the music died down. It felt as if thousands were staring at her. But all Victoria could be bothered to care about, was leaving. She snatched up a mug from one of the nearest patrons and stumbled out the door and into the alley where several rats scurried and looked down into the cloudy beverage within. There was so much swarming about in her thoughts in that moment but the most prominent was regret. She should have told Remian what she was thinking instead of relaying all of what had plagued her onto her brother who’s interests did not lie in fixing his sister’s affair. If anyone deserved to know how she felt, it was Remian. And time and time again during the nights spent on the Night’s Edge she had neglected to so much as utter a word of truth to him. It wasn’t fair. And she wanted him to know that. She wanted him to know just how stupid she was for letting think what he had and for having been to stubborn to tell him the truth. But what about now? After all, she’d already ruined their relationship. Even if he didn’t forgive her, what was there to lose in telling him the truth? Victoria smiled sadly at the thought and proceeded to stumble along with the mug tightly hugged against her body, having decided to use it as a token of apology. It would be a long walk home. And an even longer one due to her drunken state. But she was willing to go for as long as it took to get back to the angel she had been so blessed to meet.

After his sister’s departure and the parting of his father as well, Bishop was left to mull over his own thoughts and take into account all the king had said. There was something refreshing about having spoken to his father that gave him the courage to pursue what he needed. There had far too many things he had been putting off or neglecting all together in fear of losing them. But now…. Now he understood that to have gone without doing what it was that one should have done was far more torturous than to lose it without having made the effort to begin with. He had a lot of responsibility now that he was older. Much more than he’d had as a child. He’d done what he thought was right for Victoria and still felt that such was true. But there were still parts of their relationship that he had allowed to crumble. She trusted him with her feelings. And in having allowed her to suffer such emotional turmoil with Remian he had allowed her to ruin their relationship altogether. The two had gotten off course. As Bishop had seen a future for them. But if she continued the way she was….. If he didn’t help somewhere down the line….. then he feared that such visions would not come to fruition. The same could be said for himself and Odette. He had put his own feelings for the woman off for far too long and in his fear of out living those he loved, Bishop had refrained from expressing such emotion to her. She knew he loved her. But he had not once said it. It was much like many things that went unsaid between the two as there were some instances that need not words to communicate what was on their minds. But this was not one of them. She deserved a life with a man who cared for her more than he cared for himself. A place where she would be safe…. Happy. And he could provide her with just that, and much more. She knew more about him than he knew about himself and that alone was something rare. She was a part of him and understood him far better than most with the exception of his parents. And it was time that he did right by her. ”Remian?........ Might you accompany me?” He would be the first that Bishop had ever brought to meet Odette. But over the course of their time spent together Remian had proven to be more of a friend than anyone he had grown up with. And right now, that was what he needed.

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian wasn't sure how to feel about Alexander's threat. He was sure it was real-- as his daughter was likely a precious gem in his eyes. But the bird had no intention of ever hurting her, or allowing anyone to do so. As long as he was here, she would not fall at the hands of an enemy-- not unless their foe did so over his rotting corpse. If this journey had proven anything, it was that Remian was capable of doing whatever it was he set his mind to.

Three weeks ago, he had departed from his mother as a scared little boy, but now, he felt like a man. He had discovered things about himself, and the life he hadn't lived that he would have never known should he have continued to live under his mother's curse. Andromeda was going to wake up one day and see that the world was not nearly as dark and scary a place as she had made it out to be. There were good times, to balance the bad. And it all made for a life filled with wonder and surprise.

Remian would not go back to the place. He would tell her the truth about what Ha'an had done-- he had tricked her and lied to her. He had forced his own son, to give up his seed just because he was angry. Surely, the bird was capable of forgiveness, but they would not continue to live a lie. His mother may have betrayed Ha'an at some point, but the worse had been done by the elf's hand way before then. More than anything, he desired to start over with the only woman he ever loved. She just needed to trust him. Yes, it would be hard. But they had made it this far together.

Remian couldn't imagine her simply giving up. She had at least fifty more years to live. She could do so with a man that actually loved her-- not one who was merely pretending. Naturally, such thought made him think about how the King was dealing with the idea that a man might be trying to court his daughter for the wrong reasons. Remian was in a terrible situation, and obviously trying to escape it by any means possible. But that was not all the reason he looked at Victoria with such intensity. He saw in her all the things that he was afraid to be-- at least openly.

She had such vibrancy and vigor that hit him like a wave crashing over the shore. He hadn't known that this was going to happen. And yet it did. Regardless, Alexander did not have to worry about his daughter falling for anyone. She had made it clear that she wanted anyone and everyone that would have her-- but only for the moment. So perhaps the Argos family was fated to care, without being cared for. It seemed even Ronan had dealt with such heart break. It was time Remian came to grips with the awful truth. Victoria was not the one.

His eyes left the back of Alexander's flowing cape, and came upon Bishop as he approached. The bird was no fool. He knew that the man had been thinking about his love as well. And he had been meaning to talk to him about such. Indeed, he had wanted to meet Odette. But now was not the time. The Prince could likely see every future, expect his own. And if he did not go and tell that woman how he felt-- that he wanted her-- the window would close...and he would left feeling the way Remian did right now.

"I know where you are going. And as much as it would intrigue me to see you and the woman you love reunited. I must decline." On his face, he wore a smile; he reached up to remove his mask so that his friend could see the sincerity of his full expression. "Now is a time for you both to be alone. So that you can tell her how you are feeling, open and honestly." He looked down on Bishop and bow his head slightly, before putting a hand on his shoulder. "You are so lucky to have someone that feels for you. You deserve it."

Remian realized how sad he was suddenly becoming, as his smile practically melted from his face. He was now looking at his companion with indifference-- the same he had accused Alexander of having. It was hard to be sad, or happy. There was much to rejoice about, and yet there seemed to be even more to mourn. He was beyond conflicted, and would not be proper company for Bishop. "Let her comfort you while you grieve. And know, that I am there in spirit."

In his heart, Remian truly cared for this man. He didn't know where the spark had come from, but he was oddly familiar. Perhaps parts of him, reminded the bird of himself. He couldn't be sure. So, despite not knowing what it was like to have a sibling-- he could only assume that this was what brotherhood felt like. "When you return, I would love to hear how things went."

It was obvious that Remian had a heavy heart, but he put on one last smile, before departing from him and starting down the large corridor that eventually lead to several archways which allowed him entry into the courtyard. It was a beautiful sight; almost surreal. An escape from the darkness that seemed to surround him at every turn. It was barely noon, and he did have a chamber here in the castle. But Remian couldn't imagine spending another day in bed.

Aboard the Night's Edge he had been tempted everyday to leave and venture onto the deck. But the fear of having to confront Victoria was enough to keep him hidden. He had moved too fast, and wanted too much. Things had been fine before he started adding pressure where there should have been none. Regardless of her not being the one, it still hurt. Remian was cognizant that he was being selfish. It was a quality that he didn't think he possessed. However, in the case of Victoria, it came almost instinctively...

Outside, he was alone for quite sometime-- hours in fact. Ronan had come to visit with dinner before he was distracted by a female gardener, and really that was all the company he had until the sun started to fade behind the horizon in the east. He watched as the sky turned an array of dynamic and vivid colors-- a mixture of blues, pinks and purples that lifted his spirits slightly. And it wasn't until it started to get dark, that Remian began to worry; it wasn't normal worry either. No, instead it was this aching pain in the pit of his stomach. He felt sick. He waved his hand into the air as he finally escaped the verdant foliage and stepped onto the path. "Excuse me. Has the Princess returned?"

The armored guards, standing upon the decorated patio exchanged glances briefly but did not reply. And Remian scoffed, wondering if he was invisible to everyone. At least there were the floating lanterns to keep him company-- they were lit like stars in the night sky.

"No, she 'asn't." Came a voice, as the bird lowered his gaze, and found that Alexander had appeared on the stairs. He looked regal, dressed in navy and gold trim, with a long flowing cape and sparkling crown upon his head.

"Please do not find offense in this. But I worry for her. She is...volatile."

The King thought for a moment, descending the stairs, as he walked up to Remian. "Like 'er father?"

He swallowed a lump in his throat and shook his head. "In general."

"I was prepared to send a few men to get 'er. She promised to return by nightfall. And I began to worry the moment she left my sight."

"If you allow it. I will retrieve her."

"Yes, I'm sure you will." Alexander replied, narrowing his gaze before turning and starting back inside. "You 'ave an 'our. And keep your filthy [******** 'ands to yourself!" He growled over his shoulder, causing Remian's eyes to grow wide with surprise. Now he had more than one reason not to pursue Victoria. He father was bat s**t crazy. And the bird didn't want to wake up missing his fingers, or worse...just missing.

With a deep breath, in the hopes of relaxing himself since his muscles had just tensed in places he didn't even know he had them-- Remian spread his wings and took off toward the heavens.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
=User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bishop had understood perfectly and although he’d been eager to show what he hoped would soon be his fiancé to his newfound friend he understood what Remian meant in speaking of the importance of discussing his feelings with Odette in private. Remian was right. And Bishop had every intention of turning what had been a night of sorrow into one of rejoicing if only for a little while in the midst of his loss. However he was not alone in such thoughts. For Victoria too had made plans to make light of her night by confessing what it was she felt to the one man she had ever bothered to care for. It had taken her seemingly well into the night and so far she had only managed to travel a third of the way back up the road and towards the castle. The mug was her only companion and seemed just as eager to share what lie within it as she was as it sloshed around in her arms, spilling its contents across the stone path. The stars were glorious from where she stood as she had managed into a slightly less busy part of Sonitus and there seemed little to no lanterns set out here for the occupants to see at night as very few bothered to wander the streets alone in this portion. She’d had the idea of taking residence in several stables along the way. But as soon as she turned to face one she knew that what she felt simply could not wait until morning. She needed to speak with Remian, and she needed to do so soon. By now the moon was at its peak in the sky and as she moved along the night life slowly began to pick up. Stray cats wailed in the distance and there was the silent skitter of feet every now and then as she shuffled past the structures on either side of her that were illuminated beneath the night sky. It was fairly quiet in comparison to the day and the loudest noise was by far the sound of her own feet pattering against the ground as she walked. Victoria looked down at them, strapped in her green laced sandals, and smiled at the sound that erupted from them. There was a moment where she stumbled and came to an abrupt halt but strangely enough…. The sound did not stop until well after she had. Victoria’s brow knit together curiously as she broke into a sudden jog (still staring at her feet) and stopped just as quickly to find the same reaction. Such a peculiar discovery left her somewhat amused despite the need to remain alert as it was clear…. She was by no means alone. Still Victoria decided to ignore this and continued on her way just as a shadow slipped up beside her. There was a sudden jolt as something swung low, ripping her leg out from beneath her while a gloved hand grabbed her shoulder and gave her a good shove to the ground laying flat on her back. The mug went clinking away, rolling off into the shadows much to the dismay of the princess and leaving her crestfallen over its disappearance despite the pain wracking her head from the impact of the cool stone beneath her. ”Not a whore, this one” The figure called over his shoulder before leaning over her. ”Though she most certainly smells like one.” Victoria winced at the reference made to her intoxication and made an attempt to sit up. There was a cry as a black boot came crashing down on her shoulder and it wasn’t until well after the fact that she realized it had come from her. She didn’t understand what was happening…. This was her home. She was supposed to be safe here.

”What’s this?” Another figure approached, obscured by the darkness surrounding them and yet holding a far more intimidating tone as he reached down and ripped her coin pouch from her side and weighed it in one hand. ”A rich b***h. Then again what royal isn’t.” His companion scoffed at the comment and gave his comrade a slight nudge with his arm. ”Royal? You don’t honestly believe that do you? What the ******** would a royal be doing out in these parts so late at night? You’ve been smoking far too much out of that pipe of yours old man. Wouldn’t hurt you to lay off the gin either.” But the older gentlemen wasn’t at all deterred by his friend’s idle banter and instead reached down and grabbed Victoria by the hair, forcing her up and using his other hand to get a hold of her chin. Turning it from side to side in observation. ”I’d know the king’s daughter if I’d seen her. You didn’t grow up here…. The royals may be of rich blood but their children wander this kingdom as freely as you and I. Like [******** rats if you ask me. No, she’s royal all right. And her daddy will pay a shiny new coin to prove it.” Victoria’s fear and aggression had escalated immensely within the time the man had laid a hand upon her and just as soon as he’d finished his sentence, he let out a wild scream. Victoria sunk her teeth deep into the man’s palm as he tried to rip his appendage away from her and released the clump of crimson locks only to slam the closed fist against the side of her head. She released him if only briefly and managed to grab for the knife on the bandits belt before slamming it shakily into his gut leaving him to scream even louder as he backed away with his arms clutching his stomach in pain. Alarmed by how quickly she had managed to disarm the older man, the younger of the two immediately jumped in. Victoria was far too drunk to be able to carry on a fight on her own and the fact that she had been able to take on one of the two alone was miraculous in itself. Unfortunately she wasn’t nearly as lucky with the second. He grabbed her wrist and gave it a sharp twist, causing the princess to shriek in pain and drop the blade she’d armed herself with and crumple beneath the sheer force of him as he lifted his other and tightened a grip around her neck. Victoria could slowly feel the energy draining from her as she was denied air and her throat became constricted beneath his increasingly strong hold on her wind pipe. She could practically feel him sneering as she began helplessly clawing at his arm and reaching for his shoulder if only to cause him enough injury to release her. But he was left unaffected by this and it seemed that with every movement she made things only seemed to worsen.

It didn’t seem fair to her. Here she’d been prepared to make things right…. To turn her life around for the better and hopefully re-obtain the affections of the young man that had stayed by her side during the course of the past week and a half. She didn’t feel right dying without having been able to prove to Remian that she was worth his time. That she cared and wanted to change for him and him alone. She no longer found an interest in the life that accompanied one’s days spent in pubs drinking away her youth. He had introduced to her a whole new list of feelings she was still struggling to understand. But they were wonderful. And she didn’t want to let them go. She didn’t want to let him go. How would her father react? Or her mother? Would they be able to bear the loss of their daughter alongside that of Cavril as well? It made her feel sick to think of such things but Victoria was without any way of combating her attacker. And so in her mind’s dwindling state of consciousness she could only hope that they wouldn’t be too heartbroken by her death as she was certain that she was without help. She hadn’t told them where she was going. And thus far she hadn’t seen a soldier for miles around. It was a shame really….. She was at the peak of her youth, one of the most important times of her life…. She was falling for a man and yet hadn’t even the chance to reap the rewards.

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian was beside himself with worry; as the longer he searched and came up with no result, the more possibilities of terrible things that could have happened, filled his mind. The birds palms were sweating, and his hands were shaking-- his entire body was trembling. And yet, Sonitus remained tranquil from above, and there was no sign of Victoria.

Should something happened to her, it was likely that Alexander would blame him-- but even worse than that, he would blame himself. Remian had allowed his feelings of self pity, due to his unrequited feelings, get the best of him. Her family was grieving, and certainly not in their right mind. In turn, he should have left hours ago in search of her. He would have much rather had her cursing and sending him dirty looks than the King anyway. At least when she did such, the hairs on the back of his neck didn't stand up for fear of his life. Then again, Remian was witness to seeing the woman in action. She would have been an outstanding sparring partner, and could likely take him in a fight if given enough motive.

He no longer under estimate that woman. When they first met, he made the mistake of judging her before he truly knew her. And even now there was so more to discover. Remian wanted to know anything and everything about her that she desired to share-- should she choose to. It was a beautiful notion, but it was riddled with 'what ifs?' He was concerned not only for her safety, but his sanity. He didn't want to live in a world where the brightest star in the heavens was blotted out by the shadows. The mere thought of never see her again, took the air right from his lungs.

Remian sought Victoria out with even more resolve this time, he was determined to locate her and bring her home safe. The wind was pounding his wings as he continued, the dark feathers upon his back ruffling in the harsh breeze, as he beckoned them to flap fast and with even more tenacity every time. His amber eyes scanned over the premises, looking for any semblance of the woman he cared for, until finally a sound piqued his interest.

Remian stopped abruptly, his wings moving in an awkward motion to keep him from going forward or back as he hoovered there for a moment in the sky. The noise was that of a male screaming in agony, and as soon as the bird was able to pinpoint where it came from, he flipped over backward and cut downward through the air toward the ally where it had come from. When he landed, however, he had a very hard time processing what was happening. And the mixture of rage and sickness he felt, could not be quelled.

There were two men, cloaked in black. One with a knife he was pointing at in his gut, and the other holding the most precious thing in the Kingdom-- nay, strangling. Remian felt his heart shattered, as he removed his weapon from his side and flicked his wrist. The man looked startled, as he dropped Victoria, allowing her semi-conscious form fall the ground. She had a bruised shoulder and her cheek was red, instead of pink and rosy like her remembered. These men had assaulted her; they had hurt her.

Remian was almost in tears at this point, his hand gripping his pole so tight that he thought it might snap in half. The man behind him had stopped wailing, as the man in front of him tried to put on a brave face. "What are you? Her guardian angel?" He chuckled.

Remian blinked twice, trying to rid himself of this crawling feeling of hatred and pure grief that was enveloping his form so quickly that he thought he might die where he stood. "I am no angel." He warned, his hand reaching back as he heard the man behind him stumbling forward. Remian didn't bother glancing over his shoulder, he merely snatched the knife from his gut, before he lifted his arm and slit the man's throat.

The younger's eyes widened as the older man fell over dead at the bird's side, his blood staining the ground as Remian tossed the knife down onto his body as if he were nothing but a pile of garbage at his feet. But his eyes and body remained faced the forward. "Look, we weren't going to hurt her. She was just...she stabbed my partner."

"And I killed him. So please. Attempt to give the same punishment. I implore you."

This bandit could see something debilitating in the way this bird was looking at him. His eyes were focused, his chest heaving and in and out, and his lips moved so carefully it was enough to make his legs give out from underneath him. However, he didn't run. His eyes were focused on the coin pouch next to the corpse of his older companion-- the one he had taken off Victoria. "I don't want any trouble."

Remian laughed. It was strange and eerie coming from him; it echoed off the surrounding buildings. "I think it might be a bit late for that. Do you?"

"She's alive, for ******** sake. Just take her." The assailant said, his foot reaching out and kicking her side slightly, as if to push her toward the bird. But all it did was enrage Remian farther. How dare he do such a thing? As if she was nothing but a worthless trinket! He raised his hand, disregarding the use of his staff, and waved it once as fire danced over his palm-- seemingly appearing from no where.

The man quickly turned-tail and began running in the opposite direction, but like a rope it snapped out and wrapped around the neck, causing the bandit to cry out loudly in shock. Remian grabbed end of his whip and yanked on it, sending him tumbling backward as he cried out, his voice barely louder than the sound of his sizzling skin. Eventually, his body began to blackened in color, with flicks of amber between the crack-- before he was naught but a pile of ash.

Remian took a death breath, and rid himself of the fire, putting his staff back at his side as he approached the limp body of Victoria. He dropped down to his knees, smelling the alcohol on her right away, and scooped her up into his arms. "Please say something to me." He choked, looking down upon her beaten form with regret. "Victoria? Please." Remian pleaded again, as he slowly got one leg prompt up underneath him and took off into the night sky to get her home.

He flew slowly, his body horizontal to the ground, hoovering over her, as they headed for the castle. The bird had her pulled against his chest, his eyes not focused on the path ahead, but her beautiful face and crimson colored hair. The Princess' warmth was the only thing keeping him from losing his grip on reality.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff