Welcome to Gaia! ::

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
          User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Estelle winced as the hag began cutting loose the stitching binding her red and swollen flesh together only to be scolded immediately after. ”Don’t fuss child! You’ll disrupt the process.” She huffed and let out a disappointed sigh upon examining the threads, noting the sloppy craftsmanship and neglect in properly sealing Estelle’s wounds. ”This wasn’t done by a healer, that’s for certain. The fairies are good people. But brutal to those who break the rules. You’ve gotten yourself in quite the pickle haven’t you dear? Doesn’t have anything to do with that lover of yours does it?” Again the witch insisted upon referring to the captain in an affectionate way but Estelle couldn’t bring it upon herself to correct her a second time. ”Loves a tricky thing I suppose. Never much liked it myself. Too god damn messy if you ask me. It’s no wonder you’re leavin em. I’d done the same to Richard had I not caught him knocking boots with my sister. Now he spends his days watching over me.” Struck by the strange similarities between them, Estelle couldn’t help but inquire further. ”You killed him?” The witch laughed gleefully before returning to a more serious demeanor as she addressed the assumption in question. ”Heavens no! I blinded the poor b*****d. His gawkers are up on the top shelf to your left. What about you? What tales hide behind those peepers of yours?” She turned to look in disbelief but immediately felt the hag’s bony fingers wrap around her skull and face her forward. ”He told me he loved me. And I tried to kill him.” The witch snorted at the thought and shook her head in disapproval. ”I can see why your relationship is such a ‘success’.”

”It didn’t start out that way.”

”No?”

”No. I loved him back…. And there was a time that we thought we might…. Start a family…. And get married.”

”That so? What happened then? I don’t see you pawning off a wedding ring.” Estelle grew strangely quiet as she stared off towards the front of the shop. And despite the prodding and poking of the witch as she began pouring ointment after ointment onto the wounds she did not make a sound. ”Dear? You haven’t keeled over on me have you? You wouldn’t be the first mind you…..” But she was no longer focused on the hag and the procedure being performed on her back, but rather memories of the past. ”He made me give him away…” The hag paused for a moment holding a damp cloth against Estelle’s back as her wrinkled brow knit together before growing soft in expression. ”A child….” Still she did not move but instead continued to stare dully ahead as if put in a trance. ”He was beautiful…..” The hag placed a hand on her shoulder before then quickly resuming the process of rubbing potions into her skin before at last backing away from the fairy and peering down upon her sealed wounds with pride. ”Ah ha! Not bad at all if I do say so myself.” Estelle was torn from her thoughts of self loathing and reminiscence of the past as she turned to take the mirror the witch offered her, angling it down at her back and examining the large scars that remained where her wings had been. ”The flesh is still tender to the touch and will be for some time. A lot of magic went into binding it together. Your kind does not naturally heal where something ought have been. I’m sure I don’t need to explain to you that what you’ve gone through is much like losing a limb in itself. It’s going to take time for your body to adjust to the loss. But you need not worry about infection….. Take care of yourself love.” Estelle quickly moved to pull out the pouch of gold to deduct what she owed the witch but was immediately stopped. ”Now don’t you bother with that.”

”But you said-“

”I know what I said. And now I’m telling you not to bother……. Here.” From her pocket the hag produced the pocket watch, chalice, pearl necklace, pen, and thimble seemingly from thin air before stuffing it into Estelle’s own pockets. ”I need not your goods. Nor your lovers. Now run along. It’s about time I close shop.” She said as she began shooing Estelle out the front door of the pawn shop and onto the street. ”Thank yo-“ Estelle turned to look back at the hag but just as she did so she found that the entire structure had…..well….. vanished. She glanced around in awe and reached out a hand but just as she did so a tear a slit in the air appeared and from it peeked out the witch as she pressed a vial into the fairy’s hand. ”If you ever run into that b*****d again be sure to pour this into his drink. It’ll have him sick for days. Now go along you’ll look strange standing there like a dolt.” She croaked and quickly shut the door once more, revealing to Estelle that the building hadn’t vanished so much as it had been cloaked. There was a smile that began to form at the corners of her lips as she moved to walk away but as soon as the fairy turned she caught sight of an all too familiar form walking down the side of the road vertical to the alley in which she stood. The captain. Quickly she pulled the coat over her shoulders and began making a run for it in the opposite direction, ignoring the strange looks she was receiving from the those she pushed past as she padded along on bare feet and adorned in a covering far too big for her. It was only when she tripped over that her escape was put on hold as she was sent flying across the road and landing flat on her stomach. All the goods including the coin she’d been given having scattered before her as she scurried about in a desperate attempt to shove it all back into her pockets. But just as she reached the other end and reached down to pick up the gold chalice she felt the cool touch of a blade gently press against the bottom of her chin and urge her to look upward. ”The thieves are breeding well I see. You’re not too bad on the eyes at least.” Estelle spat at the man’s feet as she pulled away from the blade, shoving the chalice into her pocket and standing before him indignantly as the two men behind him laughed in unison. ”I’m not a thief.”

”Ignoring the fact that I just witnessed you stuff a myriad of items in your pocket along with a good deal of coin, none of which are relatively found being carried around by normal folk, I’d have to disagree. For I find it fairly odd that someone even with as pretty a face as yours can afford such an impressive coat and yet lack the some of the most basic of necessities such as shoes.” He remarked back as he wiggled his blade around her feet causing her to jump back slightly and further amuse the trio. ”And yet…. This doesn’t quite deter me. Nothing that can’t be fixed after all. So I suppose I might move on to my initial question and my over all reason for having approached you which is….” He sheathed his blade abruptly before moving out his hand as an offering for her to take. ”…to invite you to have a drink.” She hadn’t realized until then that a bar stood not but ten feet behind him. And where there was drink, there was often food. And after having spent two days without a crumb to fill her belly she found it nearly impossible to deny the man’s request, eagerly taking his hand as a way of acceptance.

O U T F I T
                                                                              {Out.Of.Cupcakes: }
User Image

Artist Page ~ I do not own these pics. Aenaluck does.
User Image
                                      He had been walking for a long time, and the vile had only just begun to heat up in the palm of his hand. Already he could feel himself starting to lose control of his rationality. In his mind he was devising ways to make her pay for running off from a man who had given her naught but another day to live. This woman was beyond ungrateful. And surely the gods would see fit for him to kill her by his own hand before the crew, for the sake of making an example out of her blatant disrespect. He had shown her kindness, when her homeland had shown her callousness. How dare she run this far from his grasp? Had she not taken his coat, finding her would have been an impossibility.

The streets weren't particularly crowded, yet there was a good volume of traffic moving back and forth on the dirt path. And although he wasn't known by the Kingdom, it was possible that someone in it knew his image. He was a wanted man; someone who had looted many a castle in his day. Despite his lack of fear, Alaric was not without logic. If he was approached, he would never find that which he sought. Returning to Moriel at this point was impartial; they would see his ship from a mile away and know it's threat. No, he hadn't thought this all the way through. He had been far too blinded by large breast and a pretty face to see that such were nothing but a trap. Alaric finally understood Stout's request that he return promptly. This was a foolish pursuit in the first place. This bitches blood should have joined the other's the moment they got back to the Sea Dragon. And now he had to make it right.

In his free hand he clasped the handle of his postal beneath the expensive, heavy material of his cloak as the heat in his hand became almost unbearable. His eyes shot up, but saw nothing but an empty spot on the path. So he proceeded, only to have a sudden movement out of the corner of his eye catch his attention. She was on the move-- already heading through the crowd in an opposite direction. Alaric growled loudly dropping the vile into his pocket as he quickly pursued her, leaving a pile of people in his wake as he pushed over men, and woman to get to her. However, he was still several feet behind the woman when she tripped and went sputtering across the path. He stopped abruptly, seeing three figures moving in on her as his fingers wrapped around the handle of his weapon.

The captain moved to bush off the path where he waited to see what they would do to her. Perhaps if he could rescue her again, she would see that his intent was not to hurt her...yet. But such hope was lost on these men. They too saw her beautiful face and lost their wits. Again, he was farther pushed into a state of bewilderment as she took the man's hand who once held a blade to her chin to lead him into a nearby pub. Alaric stood in disbelief, running his tongue over his front teeth indignantly. Surely she did not see favor in this dark haired man-- whereas she saw nothing but a monster in that of her savior's?

He was beside himself with rage at this point-- an emotion he didn't feel often. He had no idea how to put it aside, and therefore planned to enter the establishment and rip this man's arms from his body. Then he would kill her and be done with it! How foolish he had been to think she knew anything about what made a man desirable, certainly it was small arms and unkempt facial hair. Alaric was physical perfection, and anyone that didn't think so was a fool. He had learned such at a young age from Olivera. Her vanity knew no bounds. And she believed that beauty was the most important thing in the world. As did he. "Dead, the lot of them." He grumbled moving forward, just as someone reached out and snatched his arm.

"Please sir, please help me!" Cried a woman as Alaric was forced to spin around. She fell into his chest, her entire body shaking against him as she got lost beneath his cloak. "They're going to kill me! By the gods, please don't let them kill me!"

Not only did he wear metal braces around his biceps, but his forearms had them as well. They aided in situations were he was expected to combat with no weapon, and needed to block an attack. And that he did. His arm came up, just as the guard's sword came down and pushed it aside as sparks fell from his wrist from the impact. The man in metal armor stumbled backward, as two other's on horse's rode up. "You might want to watch where you're swinging that thing, mate." Alaric hissed, his eyes full of rage.

"You are harboring a fugitive, give her to me." The man demanded, holding out his free hand. The captain grabbed the woman's arm that lay against him and pulled her back to give her over when he realized that she wasn't a woman at all. She was but a girl, no older than fifteen-- tall for her age, but with many more years to live. Alaric fought his need to be understanding, but he couldn't move. "What are you waiting for!?"

She whimpered up at him, her eyes pleading and cheeks stained with tears. "What did she do?"

By now, the entire quarter was quiet. People had stopped walking and talking, just to see what was to transpire between them. "That is none of your concern."

Alaric removed the pistol from it's holster and showed the nozzle to the guard. He wore a helmet, but his face was exposed. "Would you like to rephrase your statement?"

The man sighed heavily, rolling his eyes. "She is to be sold on the market."

His heart ached. "Into slavery?"

"It was by request of her parents to keep the farm. And she was bound to it. But she assaulted her master and fled." Alaric didn't think. He was a man of action, but normally his logic kicked in. Unfortunately, he was too upset to think. His gun fired and the bullet passed through the man's forehead immediately, causing him to fall over dead in the sand.

The girl squealed as he pushed her aside and the other men quickly jumped from their horses. The market was in an uproar as people ran screaming from the sight. Both grabbed him by the arms and forced him down onto the ground, but Alaric could only wonder what kind of king would allow such a thing to go on in his city. He remembered when he was a boy. He remembered the decision he had to make. He was reliving it all over again. But the girl, she was safe. Her small feet carried her away from the scene as she looked back at him with gratitude in her tearful eyes.

It wasn't long before other men of the King's showed themselves, with an angry wharf rat in tow. "There she is! That is the woman who assaulted me!" And in an instant, such were descending upon his prisoner to take her off to the castle dungeon as well...

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

She’d been moments away from enjoying a decent meal when a sudden commotion broke out behind her causing the man who’d intended to lead her into the pub to come to an abrupt halt, retracting his offer and slowly dropping his arm back down to his side as he made note of the peculiar scene evolving before them. Estelle turned to see the captain with what appeared to be a young girl smothered into his chest pleading for his help. Her brow knit together in pity for the child as she knew that sympathy was simply something Axton proved incapable of and drove her all the more to hurry off before she was subject of the man’s attention once more. ”Please, will you not take me inside?” Estelle urged the gentleman in front of her, hoping to coax him further as she pressed her hands against his biceps pleadingly only to feel him wrap his own around hers with a subtle smile. His eyes were still transfixed on the captain and girl as he remained enthralled by their strange interactions with one another. ”All in due time my dear. But first I would like to see where this performance takes us. Oh look. The cavalry has arrived.” Estelle looked back yet again in time to witness as one of the armed men lashed out at the captain, his blade striking a band around the pirate’s forearm and sending an array of sparks in whichever direction before the knight was shoved back. It was then that his brethren arrived to inform Axton of the girl’s status and upon being questioned of the crimes she’d committed the man was met with reluctance. She didn’t like where this was going. The air reeked of boiling blood and it wasn’t long before it was spilt as the captain pulled out his pistol and sent a bullet through the man’s head. The streets erupted with terrified screams as those walking by ran for cover and took shelter in the nearest facility. Including the man who’d she’d been hoping would do good by her in offering her a meal and drink. The knights plowed into Axton and took him to the ground thus eliminating the possibility of him following her. But just as she was to depart and put distance between them she heard a familiar voice cry out. Estelle whipped around to see several more knights running towards her with the now drenched man she had shoved off the docks. She had barely gotten four steps in the opposite direction when she felt an entanglement of fingers wrap around her hair near her scalp and yank her back. The fairy let out a cry and looked around desperately as she attempted to push the man off of her but was just as quickly subdued by two others who twisted her arms behind her back in a painful position and prodded her forward with their blades to follow those who had taken Axton. The streets once again grew active as the city’s inhabitants filed out of the shops, pubs, and homes alike to watch the spectacle of a capture the king’s men had made. Some even going as far as applauding and whistling in approval as the knights waved in response. It was all too much to bear. She hadn’t even spent the entirety of one day without being placed in a cell and already she was on her way to a new one. And this time there would be no one to save her.

The prison was just as dark and unwelcoming as the one back in Moriel though unfortunately it was far less maintained. The prisoners did not beg for escape, there was no singing, and spirits were low if not non existent all together. She could relate. ”They are without hope.” It was a simple statement but one that was enough to provoke the guards as they roughly shoved her into the nearest empty cell with the Captain. Her eyes widened at their choice of cell mate for her and immediately pushed back against them in an eager attempt to escape but was quickly throne back in before having the metal barred door slammed in her face. ”And not a word out of the both of you!” And with that they were gone. Estelle immediately began searching for weaknesses in the cell by pushing at the bars, the bricks in the walls, those beneath her feet, anything that might serve to break them, or rather her, out. She didn’t want to spend a moment alone with Axton longer than she needed to. The fact that the men had been so foolish as to put them in the same building as one another was foolish…. But the same cell? That was simply too cruel. ”I only pushed him! You can’t imprison me for his own damn clumsiness!” By now she was banging on the cell as she demanded to be released but was only met with the silence from the men and the sickly coughs of those occupying the room around her. There was no escape. And there was only one man she could blame. You! Having lost her fear in a fit of rage, Estelle pointed a finger at Axton maliciously as she began pacing the cell. Only crossing it once to throw the chalice she’d pocketed from his quarters directly at him. She was panicking. ”Have you no decency? Even if only for a while would you not have allowed me time to myself to contemplate? To….. to think? To breathe, gods forbid! To-“ There was a rumble that broke the silence of their cell and Estelle’s face flushed as her hands fell to her stomach before looking up at him with a glare. It was easy to forget she was without power even in a place such as this. But it was the familiarity of a cell that gave her confidence. The ship may have been his element….. but this… this was hers.

”You’re a selfish b*****d of a man who only seeks to profit from others and keeps company in hopes of increasing your own gain.” But what of the child? He saved her and although hesitant at first he had indeed secured her escape. Estelle paused for a moment to debate the matter and sat on the cold stone ground in defeat as she pulled her arms in back through the sleeves and enveloped herself in the coats warmth. ”The girl though…. What good would it have done you?” The tone she used was far less bitter than it had been before but had gained a more curious pitch to it as she looked up at him. ”She had nothing to offer. She was too young for you to bed even if you had saved her life. And she was without coin. Without purpose to you…” Estelle stared at him suspiciously for a moment before burrowing further into the confines of the coat and allowing her eyes to close. ”It doesn’t much matter now. They’ll kill you for doing away with one of the king’s men. And although that might mean my freedom I’m certain that I’ll be soon to follow. A ruler who allows children into slavery is by no means a merciful man. I’m sure it’s a surprise to you that there are those worse than a man of such ‘nobility’ such as yourself. Try not to choke on your astonishment. I rather not spend my final hours next to a rotting corpse no matter how much more pleasant its company would be in comparison.” She was giving up. She could feel the will leaving her as she went on to speak without filter. The smell of the place, the cold, it was all far too surreal for the fairy and brought back those same feelings of bewilderment she’d felt the first time she’d been placed in such a facility after having had her wings severed. Death was a frightening concept. And whether it be at the hand of the man by her side or by that of this foreign kingdom’s king, it was coming soon.

O U T F I T
User Image

User Image
                                      Alaric was not a complete idiot. He did act out of anger. But he wouldn't have done so if there wasn't a possibility that it could benefit him in one way or another. However, he wasn't aware that things would tie together so perfectly. For he was not alone in his cold, stone prison cell. The guards had been kind enough to hand deliver the very woman he had been in pursuit of. It was no surprise she hadn't gotten away. The men she was with were spineless, gutless bastards-- who wouldn't bother to offer assistance to even the most desperate of their species. Perhaps she would understand now that he was likely her best chance of survival. As a matter of fact, he was so intrigued by her need to survive, that he was debating allowing her to live. He would only spill some of her blood once they reached Rivdar, permitting that she promise not to run off the way she had previously.

No, it wasn't that he wanted her to see him in a different light, as Alaric believed only the gods could judge him. He was in possession of a heart, even if he didn't use it much, and it was in the right place. When this over, he would give the Sea Dragon to Stout and join his mother for the rest of her days. She hadn't the chance to the see the world as he had. And with his knowledge, he could help her live to the fullest. There was only one thing standing in his way-- these damned bars!

Luckily, he had managed to grab his vile from the pocket of his cloak before they tossed it and his weapons onto the floor in the corner adjacent to their confines for security purposes. He didn't know what good the concoction would do, not until he realized that they had allowed the woman to keep his brown coat-- either they had forgotten to confiscate it, or didn't see such as a threat. The King was to decide their fate, for it was likely that the wharf rat had told them of this woman's ties to him; she had been seen getting off his vessel after all.

Unfortunately, he didn't know where they were. On the way over here, he had been blind folded. He assumed the same went for the woman as well. Which meant there was a chance that this dungeon was nearby the very castle he had come to plunder. But there wasn't much time to think. Alaric sat down against the wall, unable to concentrate as she paced back and forth, poking and prodding the bars as if there was some magical way out of this place. Such was merely the wishful thinking of a fool. Once she came the realization that this was not some elaborate trick with tapped doors and a huge reveal-- the woman turned to him accusingly and he could only let out an amused snort in her direction. "Me?"

It was not his fault that she was here. She was the one who had spat on the mercy the gods had shown her by making a man find use for her where there likely was none. This was where she deserved to be. Fortuitously, Alaric now had a plan. It would either get them killed, or assist them in gaining their freedom. But first, he would have to find her something to eat. He was sure every prison in the jail had heard her stomach rumble. It was only now that he realized that he hadn't even offered her a thing to eat aboard the Sea Dragon; not that she would have taken it.

She was already ranting about his selfishness, avarice, and cruelty. Yet as she continued, the pace of the conversation took a turn that he hadn't expected. A grin slowly began to spread across his face as pulled one of his knees to his chest; his crystal gaze falling over her as she huddled in his coat for warmth. However, it was quickly whisked away when she compared him to the King. In his eyes, the statement was an insult. She hadn't meant it to be, it was likely the only thing she said that wasn't a purposeful attack-- yet, the captain felt assaulted.

"All I have done is for the sake of a woman I love." He didn't accidentally omit the fact that this person was his mother. Alaric merely didn't think the detail to be relevant. "I haven't a selfish bone in my body. You know only my name, not who I am-- only who I claim to be." His expression was serious, and cold-- his voice reprimanding. "She is ill. And the Keeper is the only soul close enough to the gods to offer me a cure for her sickness."

He growled at her ferociously before getting to his feet. Alaric approached, reaching down to snatch his coat from her shoulders, practically yanking her arms off with it. "You on the other hand, have proven to be just an ungrateful, thief and beggar." He hissed at her, suddenly finding no favor mat all. Even her beauty could not mend the wound she had made him inflict upon himself in having to mention the mother he hadn't seen in ten years. "You will not be spending your final hours anywhere, but upon my ship. So pull yourself together."

The guards weren't far, they were in stationary positions; one by the stairs, the other across the way at the opposite end of the corridor. Hopefully, the fact that they were underground meant that they were right beneath the castle. "Saving that girl was not my intention. I am right where I want to be." Alaric flung his hand out through the bars tossing the coat onto the ground, not far from the cell.

"Hey! What are you doing!" The guard called, seeing Alaric retract his hand quickly whilst he approached. The man stopped suddenly looking down at the coat, obviously trying to remember if it had been in the cell, or if the captain had some how managed to pull it toward him from his pile of belongings that weren't that far away. "This is going back with your other things! Sit down, and wait for the King to pass judgement." He picked up the coat and as soon as he had it in his hand, Alaric popped the cap off his vile.

Flames sprang from the bottle and wrapped themselves violently around the man. He cried out as the fire began to consume him and the smell of burning flesh filled the air. His partner, seeing the sight of his comrade ablaze came running over, right past Alaric's outstretched hand. He dropped the vile and yanked the keys from his side as he ran by. "What the hell happened!?" The other guard screamed picking up the captain's emerald cloak to try and put the man out.

At this point, Alaric was frantically trying every key on the ring, swapping out the ones that didn't work until the door swung open. The other prisoners were all screaming for help now, so that they too could escape, but he had dropped the keys and was heading for the guard who had just realized that he was loose. The man ran up with his sword as his friend was turning to ash before his very eyes. However, Alaric did nothing but raise his arm to block the swing, before snapping the man's neck. "Lass, let's go..." He roared over the sound of moans that came from every direction as he gathered his possessions, hoping the woman was willing to follow without a fight; he still needed her blood.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Estelle was surprised to hear that the captain was in love as although any and all creatures were capable of such emotion she had somehow come to the conclusion that Axton was an exception to this. There was a twinge within her that wanted to feel sympathetic for him and his need to go so far to save what was likely the only piece of humanity occupying the man’s soul but was immediately reminded of how cruel he could be as he ripped the coat from her and practically spat fire as he went about rebuking her for her actions. How any woman could find favor in a man such as this was beyond her as surely he was a beast only a mother could love. Still there was something slightly intriguing about his claim of selflessness for this woman he spoke of. If she had pushed him to go this far, to kill to save her, then she must have truly been a fearsome thing to behold. However Estelle lacked the imagination to conceive an image any more frightening than the man before her. But she held her tongue. Something in the way he spoke had changed. This was earnest. She’d touched a nerve. And if that was so then she would be certain to make note of it should she ever need to use such information in the future. He needed her blood and she wanted to escape with her life. The possibility was there but the plan was unfounded. It was beginning to appear as if she might possibly have a bartering chip. Unfortunately now was not the time to strike a deal as the captain was obviously in the process of brewing an escape himself. The fairy watched with narrowed eyes as he tossed the coat out through the bars and let out a huff of disappointment as he soon lost it to one of the guards. Her gold and the witch’s potion were still snuggly tucked into the left pocket and should they be discovered she hadn’t a doubt in her mind they would be disposed of. Sadly she needn’t wait that long for it to happen. For just as the armored man lifted the skin garment it burst into a horrific display of flames, quickly catching alight on his skin and filling the air with a gruesome stench as he was slowly devoured. Estelle stood up with a look of both disgust and fear strewn across her face as the knights screams reached his companion and urged the other into action. He ran to help him but by now the damage was done and there was nothing left for him to do but hope that he went quickly. Little did he realize that while he had been rushing to the blazing man’s aid the captain had managed to snag the prison keys and was well into the process of breaking them out of the cell. She watched in stunned silence as he desperately sorted through the keys before at last finding the right one and opening the cell door. There was a moment of realization on the knight’s part as he turned to witness this but instead of fleeing the captain continued to express his daring and unpredictable nature by taking on the armored man head on. She flinched as the metal band on his arm clashed with that of the blade the knight wielded but the duel did not turn into a battle so much as it did the man’s demise. There was a quick twist, a snap, and the sound of a body colliding with the cold stone floor as Axton disposed of his foe and grabbed his belongings before calling for her to follow. Estelle blinked several times in her stupor before turning to face the prisoners who begged for their assistance. She too could recall the desire to escape as she’d sat within the cells of Moriel and how hopeless she’d thought begging to be. Fortunately for these men and women such would not be the case.

Estelle bent down and swept up the keys in her slender fingers and tossed them into the hands of an elderly gentlemen who reminded her much of Barnabas before hurrying to follow in pursuit of the captain, smiling to herself as she reflected upon her good deed. ”Ohhhh wait. I forgot to ask them to share my bed. We should turn back.” She murmured sarcastically. The sound of shouting could be heard from behind as they rushed down several corridors and it was only then in their hurry that she caught sight of an old over used stairway leading up and out of the facility. Estelle grabbed the back of the man’s shirt to get his attention and began tugging him in the direction of it only to shove him to the side behind a pillar as the door swung open. She moved to the other side and peeked around as two men walked through and past them, allowing them passage outside of the prison. ”….today. A third of them don’t even belong here. Bunch of coin clams, the lot of them. Ol king cole is complaining about not getting his fair share of the profit but the real crime is what we’re getting paid to put up with these filth ridden vermin.” The heftier of the two complained as they turned round the corned. ”You keep talking like that and someone’s gonna hear ya. Then you’ll be one of the vermin too.” The two men laughed at the thought and proceeded on their way, leaving Estelle with a sick feeling in her stomach as she pushed through the doorway and out into the open. It would seem that even in a kingdom as diverse and opportunistic as Tavare it was not untouched by corruption. It made her wonder how long it would be before the very people she’d released were locked back in the prison cells for one or another crime their king sought them guilty of. It was apparent that in such a place, it wasn’t difficult to be found guilty. Even the young were susceptible to the king’s disturbed laws. ”A man who steals from his people and forces them into poverty… This land isn’t without reward. Travelers are practically crawling all over the docks. What is the purpose of forcing one’s subjects into such minimalistic conditions if wealth is practically swimming across the ocean just to get here?”

It wasn’t an effort to start conversation but rather an open pondering. Estelle had seen plenty of corruption and knew what temptation could do to men. But what she didn’t understand was the desire to rule others only to completely disregard their own needs for one’s own. The purpose of being a king was to maintain and better a selective piece of land and offer it leadership. Wealth could be obtained by other means with or without the title. This king, whoever he was, was deliberately making the lives of those beneath him insufferable to the point that they were forced to sell their children and loved ones simply so that they might survive. She only wished her reason had been as noble. For although there hadn’t been an exchange of goods for her child, that by no means meant that she had done so with whole hearted acceptance that it was for her son’s own good. He was but a babe and knew not his mother’s betrayal for the sake of Prince Corvis acceptance. It had been a foolish decision. One she regretted dearly. But unlike the young girl in which the captain had saved, had Estelle been given a second chance she would not have sold her child for the sake of keeping her home. In her eyes nothing was worth her baby’s life. She only wished she’d realized that sooner.

O U T F I T
User Image

User Image
                                      Alaric was not surprised when she handed the keys off to one of the prisoner's. It was an act of kindness that was undeserved, and would likely end up becoming a problem for them later. But he hadn't the time to explain to her the logistics of self preservation. There wasn't any time to waste, and therefore they needed to make haste. Unfortunately, such couldn't be done in a professional manner, due to the fact that she felt the need to make his wounds deeper by mentioning his initial reasoning for his keeping her alive. Yes, it bothered him that she found no interest in laying with him-- not even for a night. And to make it worse, she thought it was something to joke about freely. Had he not displayed himself as a man to be feared? He was her captain, no? So where was the respect that he had demanded from her less than twenty four hours ago?

Alaric let out a sound that was not a sigh, nor a growl, but somewhere in between. His eyes rolled back in his head in exasperation and he swatted behind him as if she was pest orbiting his masculine frame. He was cognizant that getting angry with her would not result in her death; should he kill her now, her body would be void of blood by the time he had got back to the ship. So he endured her sarcasm for the time being because he wasn't left with much of a choice.

Alaric ascended the stairs ahead of him, but as they came into the upper corridor, he felt her tiny hands pulling on his cloak which he only just put on. Apparently, she wanted his attention for something, but he wasn't exactly prepared to give her anymore reason to tempt his hand. However, it didn't seem she was in need of his permission. She had suddenly pushed him up against a pillar that lay near the exit to the prison. Two guards entered-- the wooden doors swinging open to give way to their entry as they spoke freely of the King. It was not strange to Alaric to hear such things, but as he looked down on his new partner in crime, he could see that such news offended her. Perhaps she didn't leave her tree much, but the world was a much crueler place than it had ever been.

To survive, one needed to be strong and have the will to do so-- no matter how unevenly the odds were stacked. It was something he had learned the hard way as a child who was forced to sell himself into slavery. His master had been unforgiving, barbaric, and sadistic. And prior to that, most everything else he knew came from Olivera. She tried her damnedest to keep he and his mother from spending too much time together. The woman was kept busy, whilst the witch filled his mind with venomous thoughts. It was a wonder he had turned out as good as he did. He had seen evil before. And when he looked in the mirror, that was not what he saw staring back at him.

It wasn't long before the men had gone and they were able to leave without much trouble. His eyes didn't adjust easily to the sunlight however, and he reached his arm up to shield his eyes momentarily. Alaric looked around to see if he could figure out where they were, and it was as he thought; this was the courtyard of the King's castle. There was good and bad to be had with the scenario; one being that his companion had just let loose the entire jail by now. And the second, pertained to the fact that he hadn't his men to support his pillage. The captain did not trust this woman, and for good reason. She obviously didn't fancy him much. And there was good reason for that as well.

He dropped his arm out of annoyance, and glanced at her out of the corner of his eye as she began speaking about what they had overheard. It was apparent that she was merely thinking out loud, but Alaric responded-- knowing the answer. "It's a disease most trolls are born with. They seek reward for merely existing, and most don't find favor in humans. Lucky for these people, he isn't without such blood himself, or everyone who passed through this city would be locked beneath his castle out of avarice."

There was horrific sounds of a struggle coming from inside the prison, as he looked ahead and saw more guards bursting through the large marble doors of the castle and down the patio stairs. They were headed their way, and it wouldn't be long before the prisoners came filing out of the exit door behind them. Alaric reached out and snatched her wrist-- not nearly as harshly as he would have had he still been angry and pulled her aside to a nearby tree. Gently, he pressed on her stomach with his palm to force her against it-- his large body looming over her, as he peeked around the outside of the trunk.

The cry of freedom rang out through the quarter; captives came spilling out of the doors, as the the guards moved to contain them, but it seemed the task would be easier said than door. These people knew the value of self preservation and began pounding on the metal of their armor to escape the grasp of the King's men. It was a pitiful sight. But as strong as he was, he was not great enough to take on ten soldiers. So he waited. Of course, there was no reason to continue to hoover over the woman, but the brush oh her breast against his chest wasn't exactly something he was prepared to give up so quickly. A daring grin came over his face as he averted his eyes from the chaos. The guards had lost some of the men, but others were being shoved back into chains.

Alaric was six foot tall, and although it wasn't ideal, he found some benefits in the height. Still, he was much bigger than the woman he had his body pressed against, and his hand had yet to leave the her stomach as he began running his thumb over the smooth material of her white gown. His mind had already begun to wander to places it shouldn't, as he licked his lips and smirked at her. Surely she wouldn't deny him a second time...

Oh, but she would. He knew as much. Moreover, her stomach was still growling. He rolled his eyes for a second time and dropped his hand from her, starting around the outside of the tree, as it seemed the courtyard had gone quiet again. "I made port because I was looking for a chest. I must kill a werewolf, and it is said that silver is the only way to do so." He cleared his throat, aware that she was hungry. "The sooner we find it, the sooner I can take you to fill your stomach." It was a proposition in the hopes that she would not run off to separate from him again. He was promising her subsistence, should she assist him in this endeavor. Surely no one around here would be on the streets after this. In addition, she was a wanted woman...useless without her magic.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Estelle wasn’t sure what to make of what the captain had said. She’d never met a troll before let alone seen one. But she imagined they were not unalike goblins in appearance and shared a fair amount of traits similar to that of an imp. A sore subject for the fairy who had a history of interactions with such creatures in the past. ”I wonder why that might be.” She uttered with an unsympathetic tone at the mention of trolls and their indifference towards humans, and although she honestly didn’t agree with such predetermined judgment it wasn’t hard to see why any species might look poorly upon man. She too had a few in mind she would have liked to see locked up. But before she could say as much the shouts of conflict came seeping out from the walls behind her followed by the clang of metal and weaponry from the front as both prisoners and guard alike came bursting from their appointed structures. Estelle was ripped from the chaos as captain Axton pulled her aside and behind one of the few trees the king had bothered to have planted in the courtyard just as the two differing groups collided in a mass of swinging arms, chains, battered armor, and shouts of rebellion. She would have liked to see the outcome of how many lives had been spared as a result but unfortunately the position she was in forbid it. The pirate was hovering over her in a manner that left her fairly uncomfortable and she shifted beneath his touch as she felt his thumb sliding over her gown. Her brow furrowed as she looked down at his hand only to glance up and find that he was no longer persistent in watching over her shoulder, but rather staring at her. Her face burned and twisted into an expression of disgust as he licked his lips and grinned down at her. And had her stomach not spoken up, she would have. It was enough to deter the man’s lustful gaze as he cast a roll of his eyes and released her before then suggesting they make a bargain. It was obvious that he was offering her food in exchange for cooperation and although she desired to refuse him simply for the sake of doing so, she couldn’t help but find it incredibly tempting. Her stomach had a mind of its own it seemed and eagerly drew her attention with another rumble at the proposition of filling it. Estelle clutched her mid section with a pout before returning her gaze to that of the pirate and gave a reluctant huff. ”Fine.” She wriggled away from the space between both captain and tree and quickly made her way across the courtyard as the guards began escorting what remained of the prisoners back to their cells, leaving the entrance into the castle unprotected.

She slipped into the opening and allowed the captain to take the lead. As although she was familiar with the layout of Moriel’s fortress, Tavare’s was a mystery to her and therefore made her feel somewhat helpless in assisting him in search of the chest. He was a pirate. Surely this sort of thing, stealing, pillaging, crime….. It came easy to him didn’t it? It made her rethink his statement. He spoke highly of himself…. As if she knew not who he was. In a sense he was right. But there was little that he had yet to stun her with. Yes there was the occasional ‘good’ deed on his part but in the end even that much proved to be for his own benefit. He had already admitted that he hadn’t intended on saving the girl. She’d seen as much for herself when he’d been prepared to hand her off. But at the last moment he’d changed his mind. It was only until he had mentioned it that she’d realized that such might have been a way for him to gain entrance into the castle without suspicion. But that still left the purpose for them being here to begin with which was the woman he supposedly said he loved. A fact that she was easily growing less and less sympathetic to as he had already proven to be a man willing to spare a woman’s life should she offer her body in return. And by the way he addressed her own being despite having said he loved said woman….. Estelle was growing more and more wary of him if not curious all together. I’m not a thief. Nor a beggar.” She hadn’t realized that what he’d said had bothered her until now and even that much was frustrating. She didn’t want this man sensing her soft spots as he was undoubtedly use it against her. Still she did not feel comfortable with having her name openly tarnished more so than it already had been. ”I didn’t beg you, nor anyone for that matter, to save my life. I can’t help it if the gods are indecisive in my fate but I won’t question them for it. No, I plan on living for a long while. I have a second chance and I’m not about to let anyone take that from me. Not even you. So I hope you have your wits about you when you do decide to try and take my life, Captain Axton. Because I plan on putting up one hell of a fight.”

The corridors of the palace were a splendor to the eye and despite the seriousness of the topic she spoke of, Estelle couldn’t help but be drawn to all the castle had to offer. She walked behind the man whilst her eyes continuously looked up at the ceiling towering above, the paintings hanging in pristine condition on the walls, and the pillars of marble and stone that reached from top to bottom of the structures height. All her life she’d been surrounded by the beauty of Moriel’s architecture that she’d forgotten that there were other such building’s outside of the kingdom that had yet to be seen. And she thought it foolish to ignore such sights now while she had the chance….. possibly her only chance. The captain had made it clear her days were numbered. And although she did hope to live and fight for whatever years the gods would allow her there was no mistaking the undeniable strength of this man. Should she be forced to fight him for her life she knew that she would be overwhelmed. The best she could do was hope that another opportunity to escape presented itself. Until then it was best to enjoy her life for what it was worth. ”This entire palace is practically molded out of the wealth of his people! Look! Not one pillar is made of a common stone. This man is obsessed with rarity and riches.” She scoffed in bemusement and picked up a vase off of a side table as they walked along. The art on it was magnificent but the labor likely put into it was grueling. The king was no more a ruler than she was a god. He was a dictator. A man seeking a means to unending wealth. ”I don’t suppose you have the slightest clue where your chest might be found? Say we do happen upon it. Just how do you suppose we carry it out? Surely we can’t go back the way from whence we came. It’s only a matter of time before the guards return to their stations and- ooooooh!” Estelle’s hands gripped the sides of the vase as she held it up to her face and peered inside to reveal a translucent jewel encrusted bottom. As she pointed it towards the light her eye was dazzled with a strange kaleidoscope effect as the beams were captured in the gems and caused an array of color to dance about in an illusionary form. Consumed by what little entertainment it provided, she continued to walk about assumedly behind the pirate she’d accompanied. But after bumping into him and refusing to detract her attention from the object in hand, Estelle began to slowly wander off in a different direction completely. Pushing through a pair of large engraved doors and into the throne room.

O U T F I T
User Image

User Image
                                      Entry to the castle was easy, it was navigating the structure that was proving difficult. He had never been one to lusted after the wealth of other men, albeit Alaric was finding hard not to marvel once he was standing in it. The young pirate captain took only what he needed, nothing more and certainly nothing less. Despite this woman's claim, he was far from greedy, as it was never riches he was after-- but glory. And such came in a much different package.

Alaric believed his struggle against the Keeper would show the gods just how powerful he was. He deserved to be up there with them, not ruled by them. His mother didn't have much time left; maybe fifty years, and then he would left to wander this Land alone. He had no friends, no more family-- nothing. What he desired most was to leave this place. His new companion may have been appalled by the callousness of man and magical creature alike, but she had not seen all that he had seen. Already the blood of sixteen beings lay beneath his ship, and not one was worthy of the life the gods have given them. Alaric waged war, and the shed blood of those unfit to have it. And he would continue until the gods saw that his cause was just.

But perhaps he was just afraid of being alone in a world like this-- one where he could only see the fight and struggle ahead. In the gaze of every person whose eyes he had ever looked into, he saw pain. Alaric knew that agony all too well. All he had ever wanted was a chance to spend time and get to better know the woman who had brought him into this world. But twenty years had been consumed just trying to earn such time. Still, he hadn't given up hope, and he hadn't stopped praying, which is why her mention of the powers that be indecisiveness regarding her fate, made his blood boil.

Luckily, the exasperated expression on his face could not be seen. His back was toward her, as he continued on through the empty corridor of the first floor of the beautifully decorated building. The walls were lined with expensive paintings, the floors were polished to a shine, and the ceiling was sustained by great white pillars. He sighed heavily as she continued on talking, obviously not intending to stop until he indulged in mindless banter as well. Alaric didn't want to admit it, but he was lost. This place was much bigger than he expected, and he didn't even know where to start looking. It would have been easier to corner the man and torture him until he gave up the whereabouts. However, trolls were magical creatures. The blood of one lay in the vile beneath the Sea Dragon, and he had acquired an injury obtaining it in a battle upon a bridge. He did not wish to see that conflict again.

"The gods are not indecisive. Your fate has been chosen to be dealt to you by my hand. Either I let you live, or I kill you. You may put up all the fight that you want. But I assure, the outcome has already been decided by them. It is just that I have yet to discover it." Alaric had a certain gruff to his voice. It wasn't much different than usual, but the tone sounded hesitant. He didn't want her to know that he was thinking of allowing her to live. It was a display of kindness he did not think she deserved. "You have failed to realize just who you are talking to. Surely you are not a thief, for thieves are clever and perceptive. You are neither."

Again, he found insult in her inquiry. Certainly she did not think him weak. His body was in top physical condition, and carrying something as trivial as a chest was not a serious concern, was it? "I can lift three times my own body weight. My hands are weapons that cannot be--" He turned then and realized that the woman was no longer on the same path as he; his words had gotten lost in the clouds, as she had opened a set of double doors that lay in the very center of the corridor.

Moreover, there were footsteps in the distance, and he was going to be seen if did not find a place to hide. He thought to call out to her, but knew not her name. Normally, such was the first thing one learned about a new acquaintance. Oddly, he hadn't even bothered to ask. Maybe he didn't care. Whatever the case, plan A was not going to suffice. Alaric wondered if this was her plan all along. Would she run into the throne room and tell the King that he had kidnap her? It wouldn't have been the first time he was betrayed. Then again, he couldn't call her a traitor. She was hardly loyal to him. Unfortunately, he hadn't time to think about it. Instead he moved to the stairs and slid between them and the wall as the guards passed him by.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Estelle continued to mindlessly fawn over the vase and the secrets it held, walking into the middle of the throne room in awe before her attention was brought to what would appear to be a strange smear on one of the gems. And then it moved. Her one opened eye widened as the figure shifted and immediately pulled it away from her face upon hearing the sound of a man clearing his throat. It was in doing so that she found herself face to face with the king of Tavare. A man of both troll and human blood, he stood a few inches shorter than herself but what he lacked in height he made up in charm. Yes, it was true. He had a pretty face. But so did the captain and If there was one thing she’d learned in observing both men it was that looks could be deceiving. This king was by no means a kind man. Spoiled, rotten, and as greedy as they came. Looks meant nothing to her in terms of a man’s worth. And she knew better than to make the mistake of assuming outward appearance reflected anything of importance that lay within. ”What the hell are you doing here, I said that I wanted a moment alone can’t you see I’m-“ The king had merely glanced her over before assuming she was nothing more than a servant. But upon closer inspection he soon discovered such was not the case. He watched her with a look mixed with utter confusion, noting her bare feet and vase in hand, but did not speak for a good several moments before descending his throne by three steps. ”Who are you? I know not your face. I’ve not seen you amongst my committee nor the servants….” There was a peculiar sparkle in his eye that caught her attention. One that she’d seen in both the prince of Moriel, the father of her child, and captain Axton. This man was intrigued. ”Estelle Fareye Whitlock, your highness. I’d curtsey but I’m afraid my gown wouldn’t do much to compliment the gesture.” Oddly enough the king seemed amused by this. Even going so far as to chuckle a little as he sat upon the steps of the throne. ”Fair enough. So then why in the gods names are you here….. Estelle Whitlock?” She was having a hard time reading this man. Was he of great temper? Little patience? He had humor. That was a good sign. But just how easily amused was he by a pretty woman? And would it be enough to weasel out the information they sought? ”Imprisoned, I’m afraid.” The king’s smirk dropped almost immediately as his face hardened. ”Imprisoned…”

”I’m afraid so. A man fell off the docks while trying to help me off of a ship and he sought to use it as a means to have me arrested I’m afraid. Bitter woes over not having been rewarded for his heroic attempts but as you can see I was without a coin on my person. So I was taken to a cell. It was by sheer luck that I escaped.”

”And so you thought to come here, of all places?” He was curious now. Undoubtedly her blunt honesty had surprised him and left the king baffled into hearing her out. It was a good sign for her but would leave him a great deal shorthanded in the amount of chests of silver he had laying around. ”Well why wouldn’t I? I did come all this way to see the king of Tavare after all. It would be a shame to be hung without doing as much.”

”I’m not looking for a wife.”

”And that’s a shame, though I’m not looking to marry…. Do you find wrong in simply wanting to meet his highness?”

”No. I do not.” His gaze had softened a great deal as she drew closer and sat a few steps below him and gently ran her finger tips over the lip of the vase. She could see his eyes wandering over her in a manner that made her skin crawl with disgust but she continued on with the charade if only to fill her stomach once she was returned to the ship. ”And what of that?” He asked with a nod towards the vase. Estelle looked down at it with a brief frown before offering him a smile and placing it beside the king as he eyed her suspiciously. ”Oh, well unfortunately I have a hard time keeping my hands off of pretty things.” The king grinned in approval as he tilted her head back towards him with his thumb and forefinger. ”As do I. This castle in its entirety is proof of that.” It was an opening to bring up the subject of the chest but she needed to make sure that it was he who made mention of it. Not her. Any reason she gave him to suspect that she was anything less than an admirer would be taken and she had no doubt that he was just as powerful as those who’d gifted him life. He had magic within him. And whereas it may have lay dormant for now it would only take one misstep for him to unfurl his wrath upon her. She needed to tread carefully. ”So I have heard. It is said you have treasures from the world over but surely this place, this temple you call a home is by far the most magnificent.” His grin widened revealing several pointed teeth that confirmed rumor of his being part troll. But was more important was that he took the bait. And thankfully, he did. ”Oh but it is only the start. I plan to expand my kingdom ten fold. And where as some of my possessions did fall into my hands by mere fortune from those traveling to and fro, it is the ones that I obtained myself that I am most proud of.” He had moved to sit beside her know. Leaning against the stairs on one elbow as he faced her and watching as she moved to do the same. ”You’ve traveled? But how is that so?” She was nearly there. ”Don’t be fooled my dear. I may have the obligations to king but I am as free to do as I please as you are. I’ve traveled more than most men my age. From the hidden caves of Lindora, to the islands of Caridovis, and up into the mountains of Ezlin. And from those places alone I’ve obtained an enchanted gem, a golden harpoon, seven rare goblets of old, and a chest of silver. Each piece having been pilfered from the caves themselves. “

”The caves of Lindora? I’m not quite sure I can believe that. Such is a dangerous place. Surely nowhere for a royal to be found.” The king frowned in not having immediately swooned in hearing his accomplishments and pursed his lips in thought. ”No I suppose a human wouldn’t. But you all have such little ability to comprehend matters outside of your own realm.”

”I don’t mean any disrespect in correcting you your highness…. But I am no human.” The man’s brow rose in shock before giving her a look of doubt, shifting slightly as he gestured towards her back. ”I’m not quite sure I can believe that. I sense no such presence proving otherwise, if your appearance alone wasn’t a give away in itself.” Estelle smiled at him and brushed her hand against his own subtly as it rest on the step between them. ”Well then I do believe we have a problem.” But the king did not back down. Instead he grinned, having leaned towards only to draw back a little as he called for his guards. ”Men!” Estelle feared having been found out but was relieved as once his men arrived he did not instruct them to take her. ”Bring me my chest.” the armored guards gave a quick salute and ran off, leaving the two alone if only for a moment before returning and carrying a large trunk that, once open, revealed piles upon piles of silver. The men were quickly dismissed out the doorway thereafter and the king returned his attention onto the woman at his side. ”You have no reason to doubt me. I am what I say I am. You on the other hand are a mystery to me.” She’d done it. She’d passed the opening on to the captain. But now she was stuck without any reason as to how she might dismiss herself. Estelle smiled sheepishly before deciding it would be in her best interest to continue to play along and turned around to expose the freshly bound scars on her back. She could feel the man’s fingers trail over them lightly as he spoke in awe. ”A fairy…..” There was a moment of silence. One that made her fear the possibility that her reveal might have very well given him reason to cast her back into a prison cell or kill her on the spot for her obvious shame in having committed a crime worthy of severing her wings but instead…… she felt the warmth of his lips press against her neck as his hands slowly snaked around her waist in a ravenous form of possessive lust. Estelle squirmed and a chill went up her spine as she searched the room around her for a means of leaving but found herself without one. Leaving her vulnerable and in a terribly awkward and dangerous situation.

O U T F I T
User Image

User Image
                                      Her name was Estelle; that would have been his last guess as he didn't think the name fit her as well as Jocelyn, or Heather. It wasn't terrible by any means, Alaric just didn't find it suitable. Perhaps he wouldn't have been over thinking it, if the fact that not knowing it hadn't played so well into the scenario they found themselves in.

She was not in danger, at least from his vantage point. The main hallway was vacant of any guards, and he was crouched down looking in through the crack in the center of the double doors. The captain was armed with his pistol, which still had four shots, and his dagger. Should the King become an issue, he would slit his throat and take the woman out the back. Or, if he was found out-- he would simply kill the both of them.

However, it seemed he had underestimated her value. His men thought it bad luck to have a female on aboard a pirate ship, and such had kept them from adding any members of that particular gender. But Alaric had failed to see how easily women managed to sneak their way into the hearts of men, especially one as beautiful as Estelle. Surely he had seen woman with curvier hips and thinner waist, but by no means was she not one to behold. And this King did do so. Alaric could already see the sparkle in his eye. He was intrigued by her honesty, and her soft voice echoed off the walls of his shimmering chamber.

Little did he know that she was merely attempting to get information out of him, without being straight forward. However, it was her honesty that had granted her permission to stay in his presence. A man like this hoped to possess such a woman, for if he hoped to keep his trinkets from greedy hands, he was likely in the market for someone who was true blue. And although he said he wasn't looking for a wife, it seemed his body wasn't quite up to speed with his mind.

As soon as her hand brushed his, Alaric could see that the man was having a hard time containing himself. He wanted her to see his glory, so that he may share in hers. The captain feared things would get physical soon, and he hadn't anything he could use to find the chest-- but then he called for his guards. Immediately, his fingers reached for the gun on his side, however it wasn't needed. Instead of the men arresting the prisoner, like Alaric thought, they were commanded to bring there leader's treasure from the caves so that Estelle may see that he was no liar. And the pirate nearly jumped out of his skin at the sight.

Had he have come here in the night, the search would have taken hours. In addition, there would have been casualties on both sides. There wasn't even a guarantee that he would return with what he sought. Of course he had a contingency plan, but none of that mattered now. Alas! There it was! His crystal blue eyes shown brighter than the pieces of silver that practically overflowed the wooden trunk they were held in. He was in disbelief that keeping this woman alive had actually been received well by the gods.

Now there was simply a matter of the King. He was still talking with Estelle, who obviously hadn't thought of a plan of escape. Alaric wasn't even sure if she wanted to. From where he knelt, her act-- if it was one-- was rather convincing. Albeit, it was hard to believe that she would show interest in a man like that, when she had him to gaze upon.

Killing the man in the market had been easy. Such was a crime punishable by death, but it would not make him a wanted man. But should he disregard royalty with just as much ease, his face would be on every poster from here to Helena. So Alaric waited. Luckily, he didn't have to do so for very long before the King was distracted by the taste of the former fairies skin upon his lips. And now it was clear that she was uncomfortable. Why it was any matter to him, he wasn't sure. Stout seemed to think it was normal for men to move in on unsuspecting women, however Alaric saw a lack of honor in actions such as those. A man should request the touch of his company if that was what he desired-- not force it. She was but a stranger. And he was the King. He thought himself worthy of all...

The captain was done thinking about how entitled some men believed they were, when they had worked for nothing their entire lives. The mere notion made his skin crawl. Therefore, he got to his feet and slipped into the room, closing the door and pushing down on the handle to lock it. Alaric removed his hood, revealing his face as the King quickly turned his head to see who had entered unannounced. He opened his mouth to shout but the man put an end to that quickly, showing him the nozzle of the pistol he had plucked from his side. There was a click that resounded off the walls as Alaric pulled back on the hammer.

"You know what this is don't you, your highness?" He mocked the King with a smug grin, his eyes trailing to Estelle who he could see was certainly out of her element-- the troll held onto her, pulling her over his chest so that he would not be hit by a bullet. "I care not for women, men or children. So should I decided to shoot you, none will stand in my way." His finger was on the trigger, however it was no longer pointed at King, but Estelle, as he had pulled her into such a position. Alaric's eyes fell momentarily to the chest on the floor, marveling at the spectacle of silver pieces before him. He could fashion at least a dozen weapons for the deed of killing a werewolf. His heart was swelling with pride.

"But she is an awfully beautiful lass. And I will need a bit of assistance to carry this out." That was a lie, he could very well take it on his own. His concern was making sure that the King didn't make an false moves whilst he got the chest to the double door behind his throne. There were exits and entrances all over the chamber, and he feared guards would be on their way to check on the King again soon. And although Alaric didn't trust Estelle, a bullet would not kill him, but a slash from the dagger on his person, would. In turn, he reached down with his free hand and yanked her from the King's grasp, shoving his gun into her hand.

"If he moves, shoot his testicles off." He adjusted her tiny fingers around the handle of the weapon and lifted it to the right spot just between the King's leg and gave her a playful wink before moving toward the chest. Alaric closed it quickly, turning the key that was in the hole and putting it safely into his pocket before he took the handle on one end and began dragging it across the floor toward the back door. There, he pushed the exit open and gazed out to find that it led into another courtyard-- one much different than from whence they came. He wasn't sure if it lead out into the town because the verdant bushes swirled around creating a maze.

"We should make haste." Alaric called to her, reaching down to lift the heavy chest onto his shoulder.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Estelle became subtly more aggressive in her attempts to squirm out of the king’s grasp but he seemed just as unwilling to release her and it was only upon hearing the sound of the throne room doors being shut and locked that the man tore his attention away from the fairy. Estelle too looked to see who it was and immediately felt a sense of relief in seeing captain Axton. Something she’d never thought possible. He raised his pistol towards the king who then in turn used her as a shield to block any attempts on his life. And as if to somehow destroy what little faith she’d had in him in that moment, Axton informed the noble that even should she be in the way it would not stop the captain from killing him. She meant nothing to this man and she’d been foolish in thinking his presence meant anything more than a means to an end for her. ”B-b*****d…” She choked out as she stared down barrel of his gun, uncertain if she was speaking to the king or the man in front of her. But he wasn’t finished. Just as Estelle had begun to expect a bullet to lodge its way into her skull, the pirate went on to claim her beautiful. That he needed ‘help’ carrying the chest out of the castle, something she knew full and well was a lie if there ever was one. Still she did not fight him as he tore her away from the king and placed the pistol in her hand. Aiming it towards the royal’s crotch and offering her a wink before hauling the chest of silver past the throne and towards the doors to reveal yet another magnificent courtyard on the other side. Unfortunately Estelle was far too focused on the lethal weapon in her hands to appreciate the beauty the garden had to offer. Her limbs quaked with each breath she took as she glared at both the king and the gun knowing just how terribly wrong it was for someone like her to possess such a device. She was a woman of poor judgment! And one without experience at that. As simple as such a weapon should have been to use the fairy was without the slightest knowledge of how such things worked and nervously turned it around towards her to inspect the barrel only to be startled by the sound of the captain’s voice as he called for her. She juggled the pistol in her hands before gripping its handle firmly and pointing it at the king with every temptation of firing but instead settled with the idea of leaving him to dwell on his humiliation as punishment enough. That, and the idea of actually using such a contraption terrified her half to death. ”Right! Coming!..... And you! Don’t you ever lay your hands on a woman ever again you…. freakish little pervert! Or I’ll come back and….. and use this!” She screeched at the king and waved the gun at him sloppily before slamming the doors shut and hurrying after Axton to rush off with their treasures.

The majority of their trip back to the ship was spent slipping past unsuspecting guards while others ran to the castle upon hearing of the king’s apparent attack and Estelle toying with the new trinket she possessed. It hadn’t come to her attention until well into their travel that such a device could very well set her free. She was armed now. And the captain was without defense. She paused as the docks came into view and Axton hurried ahead of her towards his crew who were now cheering as he approached with prize in hand. Estelle however was suffering from a much more complex decision and was in no rush to join him. The pistol lay cocked in hand as she slowly lifted it up and pointed it towards the back of Axton, her arms shaking violently as she placed a finger on the trigger and without warning…… She fired. ”CAPTAIN WATCH OUT!” But it was too late. The gun had gone off but although she had fired at the pirate it had come nowhere close to hitting her target and instead left her stumbling back until she landed on her backside and clutched her hand groan. To say it was the worst pain she’d ever experienced would be a fallacy as surely the severing of her wings had secured the category. But this… this came close to second. Surely she’d been holding it wrong. Or in the very least, hadn’t fired it right as she was positive it was to be him who was left injured. Not her. ”I….. I think I shot myself! Or It bit me or…. I….. I-It was an accident!” Estelle was without knowledge of what damage such weapons did as she had never before been injured in battle nor shot for that matter. Fairies were peaceful and without need of such devices as this, usually relying on their magic and hand to hand combat alongside blades and weapons of the like to do their bidding. Pistols were as foreign to her as the concept of death. Fairly new and unwelcomed. Estelle nurtured her injured hand with a pout, wincing as the throbbing sensation increased and letting out a small cry as she tried to clench her fingers together. The fairy glared down at the pistol given to her and immediately gave it a shove in the pirate’s general direction to get it as far from her as possible before clambering to her feet and avoiding any further eye contact with the man and his crew as she quickly moved ahead with her head held high and began boarding the ship.

Unfortunately the attempt on the captain’s life was not taken with a grain of salt and just as she boarded the vessel she received a quick kick to the rear that sent her flying across the deck and onto her hands and knees. Estelle forced herself back on her legs as she clutched her hand to her chest and looked up at the men now surrounding her with every intention of rebuking them for their actions but was silenced by the amount of blades pointed her way. ”What do we do with er cap’n?”

”Slaughter the b***h. She’s as lousy a deckhand as she is a sharpshooter.”

”A waste o space that one. Can’t spread er legs as far as er eyes. Ain’t no use for a woman like that on board.”

”You saw the whore! She tried to kill em stone cold where he stood! We should-”

”Food.” She interrupted after glancing back down at her stomach and left the crew in stunned silence. ”What?”

”Food. Captain Axton said that if I helped get the chest he’d provide me with a decent meal….” The crew erupted into a wave of laughter as one of the men closest raised his sword overhead and prepared to do away with her. ”I say we lop off er noggin and call it a night.”

O U T F I T
User Image

User Image
                                      Alaric was thrilled when the docks came into view. It was likely that the King would be sending his guards to thwart them soon, yet he was still chuckling to himself at the way Estelle had waved his pistol at the King threatening to come back and use it, should he handle a women with such disregard in the future. He had to admit, her will to seem threatening was rather assuming, if not endearing in some strange way. She had a will to live, but lacked self preservation-- however, such things could be taught. It was a surprise she had survived this long. Then again, the woman was a fairy. Such were peaceful creatures who knew not the dangers of the real world. He did see pain in her eyes, but he doubted she had faced anything truly agonizing in the time she had been alive...even if it was beyond his thirty years.

He was but a child in the eyes of many, that is until they had to face his sword. Alaric was forced to grown up very young, and it showed, as he aged considerably in the time he had lived. But the process had slowed down once the Sea Dragon came under his command, albeit stress was still something he knew all too well. He held himself to a high standard. He was not above discipline, and would do so to himself if he fell behind. Already time was running out. Alaric had promised his mother that he would return in ten years-- his window was closing fast. But there was a light at the end of the tunnel. It made him wonder if he had been wrong about Estelle. Perhaps he was not her gift at all, but his. Given everything that had happened today, they were equally useful to one another. He had saved her life after all. But only time would tell.

Alas! His thoughts were cut short by gunfire and the cry for him to beware from the rail of the ship which was preparing to pull away from the dock, before the guards descended upon them like flies. It would have been a lie to say that the sound did not startle him. He dropped the chest on the wooden plank that jutted out into the ocean and reached up to check himself for wounds, but it seemed he had been spared. Therefore, Alaric looked behind him to see that Estelle was not without her own tricks. She likely did not want to return to servitude aboard his ship, and such was understandable. He had been prepared for her to shoot him, but after all this time of walking, he assumed that the promise of food was enough to keep her sated. He wasn't sure he was wrong. But his crew seemed to be.

The men who once cheered now snarled at Estelle who lay in the dirt, clutching her hand in pain from the recoil of the weapon. Had her palms not been so small, and had she actually been holding the weapon right, she wouldn't have injured herself. Unfortunately, it was likely that she had broken a finger or two. Alaric hid his smile, pulling his hood up over his face as he picked the chest back up and started toward the ramp. Once he was on board, Stout approached patting him on the arm, a smile on his face. The man was proud, but it was obvious that he was afraid to say anything in regards to his feelings for fear of expressing that he had doubts.

Alaric merely nodded his head, glancing over his shoulder to see if Estelle had followed. She appeared on the deck not too soon after, an apparent look of hunger and agony on her face. But before he could question her, the crew was already roaring about her punishment. All had seen or heard her attempt on his life. And none took lightly to such betrayal. She received a swift kick to the rear, as someone went to retrieve his weapon from the dock so that they could finally depart. Estelle was sent across the way on her hands and knees, but settled on her legs as the crew inquired of him what they should do to her. However, he was still hiding his expression beneath the emerald of his cloak, saying nothing.

Suddenly she looked at them with eyes that did not plead, but rather requested their attention. The woman was ready to receive her reward, but these men had not been their to witness the deal they had made; they only knew vengeance. Alaric doubted some of them even cared that his life had been in danger-- this was about bloodshed. Many pirate reveled in the death of others, and although he was no different...his revelation about Estelle's usefulness made him reluctant to grant their wish. In honesty, he no longer needed her. It was clear she did not plan to share his bed, and would likely never come around to the idea. Yet, killing her did not appeal to him anymore; the thought did not leave him roused.

Alaric wasn't a man of his word. But today, he would be. So he raised his hands in the air to quiet his men whose laughter rung throughout the port. And then...an action enraged him to the point of tearing his cloak from his body. It fluttered to the ground as he seemed to simply appear before the man who had raised his blade against Estelle. His speed stunned the group to silence once again, whilst he gripped the man by the neck forcing the sword to fall to the deck. "W-wait, please."

Alaric's gaze was cold, and there was no reckoning with him. "HOW DARE THE LOT OF YOU ACT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!" There was no sound, as even the wind ceased to blow.

Stout reverted his gaze, sure that someone else was about to die, and it would not be a merciful death. "I-I, she tried--"

"WHEN I LAY BLEEDING, THAT IS WHEN THE LOT OF YOU GET TO MAKE DECISIONS ABOUT WHO LIVES AND WHO DIES."

The eyes of some of the crew moved toward the skies as it was not yet night, but gray clouds were moving in at an alarming rate-- like some sort of witchcraft-- but much more powerful. "Captain please...we need to go." Stout whispered, moving toward with a outstretched hand, although it was obvious that he feared touching him. "Just kill him, we need to leave."

"AM I HOLDING UP PROGRESS?" Alaric's eyes had gone dark, as if he had no pupils at all, and thunder cracked in the distance-- his voice almost as loud.

"No, sir. I fear there is a storm coming."

"THEN GET TO IT."

Stout swallowed hard, looking down at Estelle before turning and raising his hand into the air. "You heard the captain."

In mere seconds all hands were working to get the Sea Dragon onto the ocean and as far away from port as possible. Alaric removed his dagger then and plunged it into the gut of the man he had by the neck, watching as he turned to naught but ash and floated off into the air. Immediately, his whits returned. And the sky above began to clear, which did not go unnoticed by his first mate. The captain turned and looked down on Estelle, his gaze indifferent, before he took her by the arm and forced her to her feet. He was not gentle. "You are nothing but a magnet for trouble." He growled, pulling her toward the stairs and below deck toward the kitchen.

Alaric was quiet for a moment, until he opened the door and pushed her inside. "Your fingers...are they broken?" His inquiry was strange, he wasn't even sure he cared. But he asked anyway.

The room wasn't very big. There was an old table with enough benches for twenty men, and adjacent to it was a door alongside a window-- behind it was the cook, Eager. "Provide her with some fish." Alaric grumbled, as the unfamiliar pirate raised his eyebrow at the woman and got to work. Fortunately, there was a sink in the corner. He removed a piece of cloth from the inside of his boot and wet it, bringing it over to Estelle so that she could wrap her hand.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

It wasn’t so much the idea of dying in that moment that had frightened her, nor seeing the man who’d raised his blade perish, but rather the skies. Never before had she seen such a display of power and was at a loss as to how the captain had managed to demonstrate such witch craft without so much as muttering a spells worth let alone possess an artifact able to trigger such a reaction. Not once had Estelle sensed magic within the man and although her own was gone and she was naught but a mortal in this form after having been drained of her gift she usually had a knack for being able to determine these things without her fairy born attributes. But Axton…… He did not seem magical in the least bit and as far as Estelle was concerned he was most certainly human. So how had he done it? Had the knife that had reduced his crewman to ash also been capable of producing such illusions? No…. No it had all been too real. The skies above had appeared just as quickly as he had before the man and rumbled with enough might to sink the entire ship, as did he. But surely there was an explanation. Perhaps it was merely a coincidence. But then…. What of the storms abrupt dispersal? ”I would like to keep my arms attached to my body if that’s no trouble.” She hissed though was slightly more wary of the man as he began tugging her towards the stairway below deck. All the while muttering over her own attraction to trouble. Me? You’re the fool who put the gun in my hand! It should have been your testicles I shot off in that throne room for so much as pointing the damn thing at me in the first place! You-” But before she could express her anger in having felt threatened by what he had said to the king she was immediately taken aback by his next inquiry. Estelle hopped up on one of the stools and attempted to clench her fist once more but only found pain in doing so. ”I do not know what broken feels like…..” It was a lie. She did know what broken felt like. Just not in a physical sense. Still, instead of focusing on the meaning of broken the fairy found herself immersed in the pain of her first two fingers as she tried yet again to close them to no avail. It was an excruciating sensation that left her seething as she lay her head on the table stretched her hand out dully. ”J-Just cut them off. I’ll grow new ones right?” The concept of a broken bone was lost upon her. As although she understood the effects it could have on a human she did not think such would be the same for her as a fairy. With or without magic. The cook laughed with the shake of his head before approaching with a plate stacked with several cooked servings of fish. Immediately Estelle retracted her injured hand and began using her other to pick up flakes of the meat and shovel it into her mouth with little to no restraint. And although such food may have thought to be bland by some, Estelle was no one to judge. To a woman who had gone without a meal for two days it was as if she had been served one of the most exquisite delicacies in all the land. And she did not pan on allowing one bit to go to waste.

”I’m afraid that’s not how it works ma’am. Once you chop em off, there ain’t no growin back.” Estelle paused to swallow the lump of food in her mouth before blinking at Eager and the captain in disbelief. ”They won’t? You mean I’m going to be stuck like this?” The cook’s brow furrowed for a moment as a smile lit his face, his head shaking in rejection to the idea. ”No ma’am Just sore for some time. Try not to jostle em.” Estelle looked back down at her injured hand and frowned as the information registered with her. All the while continuously pressing bits of fish between her lips until she was forced to bring up an equally important matter. ”How do I fix them?” Eager rubbed the back of his neck before looking to his captain sheepishly, uncertain of how to explain such concepts to a fairy. ”Well…… with time. Or a healer I suppose. But more importantly time.” It was pathetic really. Not only had she just learned she was incapable of using a weapon properly but now what little defense she could have used in fighting of the captain should he decide to kill her at any given moment was now no longer in affect. She had been useless before without her magic. But now she’d managed to make herself even more impaired. She was beyond useless at this point. ”I don’t have time.” She spat as she snatched the cloth the captain had offered and began wrapping it tightly around her fingers before returning to her meal. How long would it be until he made up his mind? Surely he knew now that she hoped to end his life before he could do as much to her. So just how long would it be until he decided he could no longer risk keeping her around? She wanted to prolong the process for as long as possible but not knowing whether or not she would be dead tomorrow morning or within a month’s time was strenuous on her. At least in Moriel she had known when it was and had time to prepare herself. But with Axton she was constantly on her guard. Stressed by the grueling possibility that she might have to fight for her life at any moment should he choose to turn on her as he did his crew. These were men who had spent years at his side. People he’d gotten to know. Her on the other hand….. She was just an ingredient.

The realization was sobering and left the fairy feeling ill as she refrained from stuffing her face any further. By now she was certain her stomach would burst from all she’d consumed in such a short amount of time but she was far too forlorn to be pleased with the feeling. She was full…. But she felt empty. Estelle pushed the plate away as Eager came and removed it from the table and stared at the wood where it had been. Burrowing holes into its surface with her pouting expression. She felt…. grumpy. Then again there was little else talk of death could do to a person especially when it was your own that was being discussed although such had yet to be so in this case. Still she did not push her thoughts in the open as she doubted the captain would be so eager to talk of such matters with her let alone bargain. She had nothing to give. But he had everything to take. ”Will it hurt?” Her tone was but a whisper by now as she continued to dwell on her demise but Eager was far too busy preparing the nights meal for the rest of the crew to notice the change in disposition. ”Nah. So long as they’re set right and you don’t worsen their condition n keep em still they should be fine.” But Estelle was no longer talking about her hand. The pain of having been separated from her child was strong as had that of her wings being ripped from her back by blade. But death…… If it was quick enough was there a chance that she would feel it? The only people she’d ever seen pass was the queen of Moriel and she was but a child then. Unable to comprehend the sickness plaguing the woman and the suffering she’d felt until at last her mind lay to rest in her bed with Estelle’s mother, the king, and the prince at her side bidding her farewell. Her own mother had passed in her sleep and therefore she assumed it had been without pain. But her sickness had not been of the body so much as the mind in reaping the guilt she’d brought upon herself in leaving her husband. Such regret had been felt by Estelle as well after giving up her son by request of Prince Corvis and there had been times where she too thought it might kill her. But this…… If she was to die at the hands of Captain Axton…. A death of physical means…… was there a chance that it would be too quick to contemplate the agony? She didn’t want to suffer. But she knew that such fate was not up to her. The pirate had made it clear that he was in control of her now and with what power she’d seen Estelle wasn’t sure if there was any hope in escape or fighting. She wanted to avoid having to think about such gruesome situations in the future. And so another idea presented itself. The element of surprise perhaps. She’d been sloppy in her attempts before. But if she tried to free herself when he least expected it…… ”Ma’am?” Estelle looked up at the cook hesitantly as he gestured towards the new serving. ”Oh, thank you but I think I’ve had plenty. Give me a chance and I’d probably devour your entire kitchen if you allowed it.” It was a jest, one that earned her a chuckle from the cook, but Estelle still remained solemn and she rubbed the bridge of her nose tenderly. She had plenty on her mind.

O U T F I T
User Image

User Image
                                      He would teach her to shoot. It was the oddest of decision's he had ever made. But without her magic, she would need another way to defend herself. His weapon was one of most important things he possessed, therefore, he knew where to get another if it ever became necessary. In addition, his decision to keep her alive meant he would need to properly train her-- make her strong.

The sullen look on her face as she conversed with the cook, wrapped her hand, and consumed her dinner, was not something he would allow on a daily basis. She had been given a second chance-- she said so herself! Not to mention that he hadn't bothered to expound upon the fact that she had just attempted to shoot him, as it was that action which forced him to see the untapped potential in her.

He knew Estelle had the will to survive, but this display was the nail in the coffin. Had he had shared the same quality, he would have broken under the pressure of his captain-- who showed him no remorse, even despite his young age. He knew it was hard for her to think that this was a life at all. But it was the one he was allowing her live. Had it not been for his hand, the guillotine would have severed her head from her body. She was allowed to live, however, this would not be the same routine she was use to. Estelle would need to toughen up if she wished to show the gods that they had made the right decision in sparing her.

Right now, she was broken. Indeed, she did know what if felt like. Maybe not physically, but mentally; such an experience was without equal. Death was a mysterious thing, not many lived to tell about that which went through ones mind just before they went cold. And although he was empathetic toward her, he knew that in time the pain would pass. Eventually, Estelle would realize that he was not her enemy. Alaric could have told her as much, but she wouldn't have believed him.

Should he have actually wanted her dead, she would be, just as he had told the King of Tavare. Any hesitation he showed, meant that it simply wasn't meant to be. Surely, he was an awful man, but his fate was not one the captain chose to dictate. For with power any man could be corrupted, through no fault of their own. He was a troll, and greed was merely in his nature. Alaric was a pirate-- to expect him not to steal was foolish. But a priest who showed no mercy, when he preached it-- was something entirely different. Alaric didn't think himself the judge, jury, and executioner, but at times he had been. And given the situation with Estelle, he proclaimed himself such in her regard.

When she had finished eating-- declining the cooks offer for another helping, he interjected. "It will be night fall soon, and by morning we will be making port just outside the Nattic Forest. I have decided you will come with me in search of an species needed to open the portal." He spoke in a soft tone, which was unusual for him. However, he did not want Eager to hear how kindly he talking to his supposed 'whore.'

The red haired man disappeared behind the door and Alaric pushed his tongue through his mouth, trying to figure out how to ask her to rest without sounding like he was concerned. She would be of use to him, should he run into another male leader-- albeit the woods only held the dangers of ravenous beast, and there no need for the con of a woman. Still, Alaric had seen how his crew treated Estelle. Should he have left her on the Sea Dragon, his men would have detached her limbs from her body and hung her from the sails by the time he returned. He had given her his word that she would die by his hand; he planned to stand by it.

"Please take refuge in my quarters, and I won't disturb you." It was obvious in his eyes that there was more he wanted to say, but for some reason he was struggling with it. "I am grateful for today." Alaric got up from the bench and started around the table, only to hesitate once more before departing and allowing her time alone. "And it did not escape my grasp that you may be trying to kill me." An amused tone took his voice, as a thoughtful smirk graced his lips. "Next time, try harder love."

He offer the woman a playful wink, and patted her roughly on the back as if to say 'better luck next time' prior to exiting the kitchen completely. Alaric hadn't slept in two days, but he felt overly energized by the silver chest he had acquired. He planned to marvel in it's for a time glory, then take a great deal down to his gunner so that he could manufacture several weapons for when they came across the werewolf that he was required add to his collection. The captain was nearing victory. And it wouldn't be long until he was reunited with mother. He missed her dearly, and her memory was what kept him focused on the task at hand.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

It didn’t alarm her that the captain knew of her intentions to kill him so much as it did surprise her that he seemed so casual in knowing as much. It was almost as if he doubted her ability to carry through with her attempts. And although such an assumption should have offended her, Estelle knew better. He was right. If she was to continue on the way she did and attack him on the slightest whim without planning ahead it wouldn’t get her anywhere. Now that he was aware of this it was unlikely that he would continue on without taking precautions. No, she needed a new strategy if she was going to make it off of the ship alive. And so after accepting the captain’s offer to use his quarters Estelle departed from the kitchen and made her way into his bed where she was rewarded with several hours in which she lay restless within the confines of his room before a new method came to light. It had been obvious. Painfully so. Why the idea had gone amiss in her desperation for an escape was beyond the fairy but she was sure now that this was the only way. She had arrived upon the ship by row boat and it was only now that she realized it possible to leave the same way. It was true, hours had passed since they had departed from Tavare’s shoreline and to attempt to row back by small boat would take far more time to reach it than it had by boat. Not to mention the number of enemies they’d made within the few hours of having stayed there. But maybe, just maybe if she was able to make it further along the coast line she would happen upon the outskirts of the kingdom and out of harms way where she could restock on supplies and go about on her way to make her home elsewhere or travel to a distant land if it called for it. Either way it was a far better chance then she had out here. The crew and captain planned to kill her eventually. And although she knew nothing of swimming and the threat of a storm or unknown vessel appearing along the way frightened her she knew that she would rather take her chances with such than wait around for the inevitable. She couldn’t take the captain’s life. But she could escape with her own. Estelle wasted no time throwing herself out of bed as soon as her mind presented itself with this option and wandered back to the kitchen where she snatched an empty potato sack before then returning to the captain’s quarters and looting what items of use she could find. A map, a compass, a canteen, a small knife, some rope, a pouch of gold, and a book were all she thought worthy of tossing into the sack along with a loaf of bread and a serving of dried fish she’d nabbed from a pantry.

There was a sense of urgency coursing through her as she slunk down the hall past several open doors in which crew members were playing cards with one another, telling stories, or simply enjoying one another’s company before the long day of labor began the next morning. But not once was she seen. The deck was dimly lit and allowed her plenty of cover amongst the shadows to make her way across unseen by those keeping watch. Estelle slipped the stuffed potato sack into the row boat, careful not to rock it too much as she stood on the ship’s railing and clambered inside. She was unfamiliar with the pulley system but had hoped that what little she’d seen the crew do in bringing her aboard would be enough to work the mechanics herself. Unfortunately…… She was wrong. There was a loud clank as Estelle tugged on one of the levers causing it to unwind and send her and the rowboat into a rapid decent. It was enough to alarm some of the night watch who began shouting in outrage upon having first suspected the pulley to have come undone only to discover that it was really the product of their prisoner’s desperate attempt to escape. ”Stupid b***h! SOMEBODY LEND ME A HAND DAMN IT!” One of the men yelled as he snatched the unwinding lever and brought the rowboat to an abrupt stop just ten feet above the water. The force of it was enough to jerk the small vessel and throw Estelle down on top of the sack which was now spewing its contents along the bottom of the boat from the impact. Amongst them fell the knife and as she glanced back up at her captors she couldn’t help but take note of the bloodlust in their eyes as they snarled down at her and began reeling her back in as three men took hold of the lever. She couldn’t go back. If they managed to pull her back in they would surely kill her and Estelle wasn’t so sure if the captain would be able to arrive as quickly to stop them as he’d done the first time. And so she did the only logical thing she thought possible in that moment. She began cutting the rope. A wave of anger washed over the crew as more moved in to join them, cursing her all the while as one side of the pulley grew thinner and thinner with each slice she made through the binding until at last one entire side was dangling above the water. What few items she’d packed spilled into the ocean below but Estelle no longer cared about making her task as easy as possible as clearly this moment would determine her survival whether it be a few minutes or the next several hours until in an empty boat. They would kill her. And to die by sea alone with her thoughts and memories was far more tempting than to perish at the hands of these men.

Had she not been prepared for the drop of the other half of the row boat Estelle would have inevitably fallen into the murky depths below and drowned. But as fate would have it she managed to grab hold of the lip of the small boat at the last minute and in a final stitch effort to free herself, used one hand to begin slashing away at the only thing keeping her and the boat from crashing into the water below. The men were growing more frantic now but so was she. And as she landed the sixth blow upon the rope a loud snap rang out along with the sound of her body and the vessel colliding with the ocean beneath them. Estelle’s lungs filled with water as she panicked, reaching out until her fingertips touched the oar hooked to the rowboat and grabbing hold of it. By sheer luck the boat had managed to land without obtaining any major damage. Several oars were missing leaving her with one but for someone of her limited strength it was all she could handle. The fairy clambered inside, shivering as the ocean released her and the gods spared her yet again from the wrath of the men aboard the ship as well as the unforgiving sea. She cast but one final look up at the men as they began screaming orders, some calling for their captain, before grabbing hold of her oar and began paddling away from the vessel as it continued on in the opposite direction. She’d done it. She’d managed to outsmart the b*****d. And although she’d just barely began putting distance between herself and the pirate ship, already she could feel a great weight being lifted off her shoulders. Even should she die out in open waters it would have served her better in knowing that she had managed to escape Captain Axton and avoid his cruel mistreatment of her blood. He’d been wrong. She would not die by his hand. Not today. Not ever.

Estelle kept an eye on the fleeting ship all the while searching the boat for what little might have survived the fall into the ocean and was pleased to find that the package of dried fish was amongst her remaining supplies. She assessed the sides of the boat and ran her hand over what appeared to be a crack hull of the boat but…. Was drawn away from it as something peculiar caught her eye. The night proved difficult to see what lie within the ocean beneath her but what light it did provide shimmered off the surface and illuminated approximately twelve feet down before being swallowed up by the black abyss. However something about the current was strangely unsettling. Scales. Thousands of them. What had at first appeared to be a continuous school of fish migrating beneath her was now understood to be large reflective scales shimmering beneath the night sky. And although beautiful it was also incredibly alarming. Estelle’s breath caught as she watched the long form slip down below and for several moments following there was no sight of the entity leaving her questioning if she’d seen it at all. But just as she began to reassure herself that such was merely a figment of the mind produced in the stress of just having narrowly escaped death, a splash sounded from behind her. The men aboard captain Axton’s ship were no longer screaming but instead looking towards her with dull awe stricken expressions. Frozen in place as if stricken with mind numbing terror. She didn’t understand it. Not at first. It wasn’t until a low rumble quaked the water around her and caused her to slowly turn towards the source of the rippling movements that she found a large shadow slowly casting over her. And it was there behind her small rowboat that she was faced with the face of death itself. The beast was silent at first as if speculating her existence as she’d done it only moments ago. Much like the men aboard the vessel she too was stricken dumb by the sheer sight of it. The glow of its emerald scales beneath the moon, the height of its massive shimmering body, and the soulless eyes that pierced her own. She was without a thought. Without a prayer. And as it’s screeching voice emitted across the ocean and revealed its carnivorous teeth Estelle could hear her own scream parting from her lips as the beast came crashing down upon her. Slamming into the row boat and crushing it beneath its weight as her small form was thrown into tides below.

O U T F I T

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff