Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

It was easy for a drunken fool, to mistake a good time with an actual meaningful event. As he had always thought himself unattractive, and simply undesirable. Therefore, as he lay upon the floor, with this woman on top of him, his body brimming with an yearning that he had never felt before. Such was a mixture of arousal and infatuation, but certainly not love. Unfortunately, he didn't know the difference. For some reason the sudden emotions and feelings that this woman had stirred up, coupled with the many drinks he had downed, made for something that Remian could not discern.

So as Daliah was ripped from his body by Victoria, he gazed up at his new companion with a dazed smile of acknowledgement. Not because he was happy to see her, but because he couldn't wait to tell her the news. All that was left was the actual daunting task of getting up off his back, since the room was still spinning. But luckily, the Princess was more than happy to offer a hand. She leaned down and grabbed his arm, as he rolled forward and finally got some traction beneath his feet to stand in an upright position, although still slightly slouching.

"We are getting married." He whispered, dropping his head down on her shoulder to get closer to her ear, but also, for some much needed support. Alcohol on an an empty stomach, when this happened to be his first time drinking, was a formula for disaster. Albeit, he was too high up on adrenaline to feel his stomach starting to sink under the pressure. "She is the one. Daliah is the one. So pretty, and perfect, and..." His voice trailed off as his eyes peered though the crowd over Victoria's shoulder.

There, in plain sight, was the woman he had just been talking so fondly of, dropped down onto her knees kissing a man that he believed to be a dwarf. He was short, and round-- his cheeks rosy and his stubbing fingers running all over the back of his future wife! Remian didn't know how to feel at first. Perhaps his eyes had been playing tricks on him. But it wasn't long before they pulled away, and stood to her feet, only to have the smaller gentlemen led her out of the pub. Now he was feeling ill, his legs felt like they might collapse underneath him.

"Sh-she is gone. She left...with...but...I thought..." Remian's amber eyes lost their shine, as he crumpled onto the floor at Victoria's feet. His knees folded beneath him, and he sat back on his heels, dropped his forehead into her belly. "She lied to me. She said I was the most handsome man in the bar. And then she leaves with....with a dwarf..." He sighed heavily, feeling like his heart had cracked in two, and shattered into a million pieces in his chest. Remian had thought that kissing was special. His mother had always told him that a single kiss was all she ever needed to know she in love with Ha'an. But now it seemed he was just as loose as Ronan, or Victoria. He put his lips on a woman who had already been unfaithful to him, only moment after the relationship had started.

Remian didn't want to think about it anymore, but the scene was playing over and over again in his head. Why had she said such nice things, only to run away from him? Was she lying? Was he every bit as unlovable as he thought he was? "Victoria, my mask." He whispered, softly into the bare part of her belly-- that was exposed in her organic elvish clothing. His arms gently lifted and rested around her waist, his hands clasping over the bump of her rear and resting there comfortably as he sulked internally over the loss of his love. Remian hadn't even realize how inappropriate this may have been, or how informally he had referred to her. He merely wanted comfort. And right here, right now, he felt comforted.

"I should not have taken it off. I scared her away." By now, the bar wasn't nearly as loud. It was filled with people who had far too many drinks, or were so preoccupied with the date they had acquired during the festivities that they didn't notice the broken bird on his knees before the Princess. Remian turned his head and rested his ear on Victoria's stomach, hugging her lower body closely to his chest. "Other than that, tonight went well." He was proud of himself, none the less. This was something he would have never thought to do in his life. And he couldn't help but be grateful for the experience.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Married? They had only just met and already he was going on about spending the rest of his life with this woman. Victoria had clearly underestimated Remian’s seclusion from the opposite sex. One kiss, and he was hell bent on matrimony in what had only been a matter of hours. ”Oh for the love of the gods…. Remian, it doesn’t work that way. You can’t-“ His head slumped down on her shoulder as Victoria’s brow rose in surprise, her hand gently patting his back as he continued to express his infatuation with Dahlia only to hear him cut short. Victoria frowned and pulled him back just enough to see his face as he cast a forlorn look over her shoulder and in following the man’s gaze she too discovered what he had seen. There not but ten feet from them stood a man short in stature with his wandering hands running over the very woman who Remian had been spending his time with. Whatever feelings he had for her…. It was clear she did not share as much for him. Victoria turned to further explain this but stopped in seeing the look of bewilderment on his face. The need to make a sarcastic remark, her bold persona, everything evaporated within moments of staring into those sad and broken up bird eyes of his. ”Oh Remian….” She sighed. But it only got worse from there on out. Remian dropped down to his knees in defeat, coiling his arms around Victoria’s waist and man handling her back side in the process causing every hair on her head to stand up and her skin to flush a bright pink. He blubbered on about how Dahlia had lied to him and said that he was the most handsome man in the bar, that having taken off his mask must have frightened her. It was by far the saddest thing she’d ever seen. Victoria’s expression softened as she watched Dahlia leave with the other man and a strange anger bubbled within her in knowing that she had allowed him to fall victim to such pain. Before, such an incident wouldn’t have bothered her as she and Dahlia were quite alike. But of all people Remian did not deserve to feel this way. He was innocent, sweet, and kindhearted. Nothing like most men who spent their time in a place like this. It made Victoria feel ashamed….

”Hey, don’t you say that. She may be a b***h but she was damn right about you being the most handsome fella in this s**t hole. Don’t throw in the towel just yet. You’ve got hundreds of years ahead of you. And I’m sure somewhere along the way you’ll find yourself a woman. The right woman. Just not here. And certainly not in any bar in the future. The only women you’ll find in a place like this are hags like her and cold, unforgiving harpies like me. You’re a good looking guy Remian. Unfortunately you have shitty taste in women when your drunk.” Victoria wiggled down to his level until his arms were slipped over her shoulders and grabbed hold of his torso before helping to pull him back up to his feet where she draped one of his arms across the back of her neck for support. She gave him a gentle smile and bumped him playfully with her hip before deciding that it was about time they brought their late night rampage to a close. ”Come on Casanova. Lets get you in bed…” Together the two worked their way towards the door, Victoria supporting Remian in his drunk and broken hearted state as they escaped the smell of alcohol and intoxicated stares of what patrons lingered behind. The streets were barren and the night dwindling. They would be lucky if they managed to get even half the sleep they required for the long day ahead but at the time that was the least of Victoria’s worries. Remian had enjoyed himself and that much she hadn’t needed to force him to say. It seemed that despite the rough ending, the bird was able to look past what ill feelings Daliah had left him with and take into account the rest of the night before hand. And for that much, Victoria was proud of him.

”You did well for a first timer. I’ve never seen a man so quick on his feet in the midst of a tune. Had I not heard so for myself, I would have believed you came out of your mother’s womb dancing.” Her tone was but a whisper as she eased them into the comfort of their rented out room finding that Bishop and Ronan still lay fast asleep. And despite stumbling over several cushions on the way in they managed to stay that way. ”What do you get when two drunks walk into a dark room?” She joked and gently eased him down onto the couch he’d been sleeping on prior to having woken him and placing his mask beside. Victoria waited for a moment, sitting on the edge of the seat as she watched him before moving his hair away from his face and patting his cheek. ”Get some sleep. Got a rough morning ahead of you.” And with that she left him to return to the slumber she’d neglected to partake in whilst she had the chance. Morning wouldn’t be far off. And before they knew it the day would be hammering away at them. Merciless and brutal.

O U T F I T
                                                                              {Out.Of.Cupcakes: }
User Image

The morning was rough. He woke before the sun, but not prior to all his companions surprisingly. He had been heavily under the influence the night before, and couldn't be sure if his uncle was present when the two came stumbling through the door. Remian had been more focused on how kind Victoria had been during their venture to the pub. Despite his anger previous to the festivities with how she had tricked him into a night of sin, he had actually enjoyed himself. He partook in his first drink, learned to dance, and had gotten his first kiss-- although he was embarrassed by the way he had acted after Daliah moved on. What had made him think such a woman would be interested in him? He was different than these people, human or fantastical-- he was neither. And his dream of having a soul-mate was a foolish one.

In Ashu he hadn't only indulged in non-fiction writings, but Ronan had brought him back quite a few tales that people had shared on paper that weren't actually accounts of history, but made up from the mind. He had this idea of how love was suppose to happen, which likely wasn't realistic, especially given his parents situation. And after Bishop had told him about Belva and Alexander, Remian should have known that not every situation was love at first sight. The sea nymph had gotten pregnant by the elf while she was married to another, and yet anyone could see that they had a perfect marriage and two beautiful children. Last night was a moment of edification that he would never take for granted. For if he had not seen for himself that a single kiss meant nothing, he would have never believed it.

Luckily, he was back in his right mind. And it was a good thing too, given that they had a tough journey ahead. Unfortunately, Ronan was no where to be found, and Remian couldn't help but worry that his uncle had gotten into a bit of trouble-- or rather, a mess of a dilemma. It was sad that he didn't believe a hundred and eighty year old dragon couldn't take care of himself. But he wasn't exactly a saint in human form. No doubt, he was a creature that knew hardships and war, however that was all the more reason for him to take advantage of the time he could escape a world that was all business, and partake what he believed to be some much needed pleasure.

So why was it taking him so long to depart from the Inn in search of his uncle?

His eyes drifted back to where Victoria slept, as his hand slipped into the pocket of his trousers and removed the rose, fuchsia colored hairpin he had purchased the day before in Salia's bustling market. Although he had given thought to giving it to the Princess, he had changed his mind several times during the day. But after the way she exposed her heart to him last night, there was no doubt in his mind that she was deserving. Remian use to bring gifts for his father all the time, in the hopes that he could somehow weasel his way into the man's heart by demonstrated just how much he thought of him. Things never went exactly how he hoped, albeit the man was always grateful. It was just the anxiety beforehand of how the person would react to such things. And what would a gesture like this mean coming from a bird she just met.

Remian eyes averted from Victoria immediately as they boiled over with concern. She looked peaceful resting there on the bed off in the corner of the large room they shared, and by the time all his thoughts subsided, he thought it best not to wake her, or make the situation more strenuous on himself with Ronan's life possibly hanging in the balance. Therefore, he approached with the hairpin in hand and sat himself on the edge of the bed beside her. She was turned toward the ceiling, her skin almost glowing as the sun kissed it through the open window. Remian had wanted to make this quick, given the circumstance, yet it was in that moment that he noticed something he hadn't before. Victoria was fascinatingly exquisite when she wasn't talking; a rare occurrence-- a phenomenon, so to speak. It was almost perplexing, and his eyebrows knitted together in bewilderment as he looked upon her in awe.

"Strange..." He whispered, lifted his hand as he gently opened the metal clasp to the pin and clipped it onto a lock of crimson hair before standing, taking up his bag, and starting from the room with purpose. His legs were moving faster than his mind could process; he couldn't be sure why. Remian proceeded down the hallway, but wasn't shocked to find his uncle just managing to make his way out of a room that was marked with a golden star at the end of the corridor.

The same middle aged woman who had so graciously given them one of the best rooms the Inn had to offer was hastily pushing him out and shaking her head, as he seemed to be pleading for a few more moments. She was wearing a smile, so Remian was at least happy to see that even in all his uncles indecency he was always able to make a woman unapologetic for giving up whatever innocence they had left, but the young bird hardly thought now was the time for such antics. Then again, it wasn't as if he had spent the night reading himself. In turn, he could not reprimand his uncle, even if he wanted to-- and boy did he want to. For if this woman did not have to get back to work, Ronan would have stayed in that room half the day, and precious time would have been lost on their pursuit of Olivera's grimoire. The dragon was in his trousers only, with his boots in hand as the woman pushed his silk shirt into his arms and placed a chaste kiss on his lips before closing the door.

He watched his uncle's shoulders slump as he did an aboutface, but as soon as he took notice to Remian, a smile plastered his lips. "Remi! My favorite nephew!"

"I am pretty sure I am the only one you have."

"Which makes you the shoe in for favorite."

He rolled his eyes. "What were you doing?"

"I should be asking you the same the thing. I woke up, and you and the Princess had gone sneaking off across the street." Ronan grinned devilishly as he started to put his shirt on. The duo began through the lobby and outside of the Inn to collect Bishop and Victoria's horses from the stable.

Remian's face was almost as red as an apple by the time they reached the door. "We were in pursuit of the enemy."

"Is that what they call it now a days? I need to get up with the times."

He couldn't have been more embarrassed, and decided it was best to lay down a few rules. "It would be best if you keep the lower half of your body under the control of good logic and morals. If you have forgotten, let me remind you, my mother's life is at stake here." Approaching the barn attached to the Inn on the right, Remian pointed out the two horses to the stable boy, who quickly brought them out for the pair.

"I love your mother, more than you know." Ronan said, putting on his serious voice, and placing a hand on his shoulder. "You know who else I love, and am proud of..."

"Who?"

"You. I saw you last night."

"You mean you followed-- wait, you love me?" Remian had wanted to be angry, but it dissipated quickly beneath the weight of his uncle's confession.

"Yeah, of course I do. I mean, I thought that was a given." Before he could react, the young bird had already tossed his arms around his uncles shoulders and was squeezing him to death. Ronan could only laugh, as he embraced him in return, before Remian finally pulled himself together. His heart was practically bursting at this point, as he had longed to hear such a thing for many years. "So how about that girl?" Ronan asked, pulling away with a firm hold on his shoulders. "Did you make it to the bedroom?"

And...he was back to feeling exasperated almost immediately. "I am not you, uncle."

"No, no, of course not. You're going to die before your two hundred from stress. Me? I'm going to live forever." He chuckled, but the conversation ended there, as the dragon dressed his human form, and the young bird put back on his mask The duo then proceeded to wait on their companions.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Morning had come, merciless as ever, and with it a headache that would have impressed the gods had they the capacity to feel the pain inflicted upon her from a night of drinking. She could feel the warmth of the sun caress her face and yet had no intention of getting up. If anything Victoria would have returned to the endless slumber she’d hopelessly pursued after her and Remian’s late night escapade but it seemed something else had managed to captivate her attention. Or rather, someone else. The man hadn’t been among the first to wake but he most certainly wasn’t the last and in having felt his presence whilst he sat beside her Victoria couldn’t help but be intrigued. Whereas she usually might have confronted him from the start, she found his silent observation rather curious. There was a silence before he spoke, though clearly unaware of her now alert state as her eyes rolled about beneath their lids in search of the reason for his sudden closeness. Just then there was a slight shift as Remian lifted his arm and she could feel something lightly tugging back strands of her hair. And then he was gone, having abruptly parted ways without the slightest intention of waking her or explaining himself at that. Victoria pried an eye open in hopes of confirming his absence and in doing so, clambered up from her bed to inspect herself in the wash room. There in the mirror staring back at her was the reflection of a woman she knew all too well, albeit tired and something peculiarly different. In the place where she had felt Remian’s touch lay a beautiful flower hairpin adorned in bright fuchsia petals and green bud leaves crowning its underside. She stood there for what felt like several hours in stunned silence before she brought up a hand to run her fingers over the top and gently stroke the piece. ”I take it you two are getting along?” Victoria jolted upon hearing Bishop’s voice turning to see her brother lingering in the doorway. But although his voice held a certain amount of amusement, his expression had yet to catch up as he rubbed his eyes sleepily. ”What this? Oh it’s nothing he just……” But what could she say? Other than those within her family Victoria had never received a gift before, given the exception of her suitors. But this was different. This felt more…. Personal… ”It’s okay to be surprised, Tori. That’s sort of the point.” Victoria withdrew her gaze from the reflection once more to cast Bishop a scowl. ”No one asked you.” She hissed after having crossed the wash room and shoving him away from the doorway, shutting it firmly behind her and pressing her back against it to ensure he would not re-enter…. And yet….. in her brother’s absence she found that in despite of being uncertain, she was smiling.

Victoria did not immediately join her companions but rather decided to take the opportunity to give herself a quick wash up in the inn’s soothing waters, re-adorning the hairpin and admiring herself one last time before parting from their room. Bishop stood in wait just down the hall but did not further pester her over the subtle change in behavior between herself and Remian although having clearly witnessed as much. Instead the two walked in silence as they made their way out of the lobby and bid their host farewell only to find that Remian and Ronan had already brought the horses out front and were awaiting their arrival. There was a slight build of nervousness in seeing the young bird as she was not quite sure how to respond to his gift and could not recall having last felt this way before. It was a new and unnerving situation in which not twenty years of experience could provide her with the wisdom needed to express her gratitude. She’d never received something from a man as usually whatever it was that the opposite sex could offer, although in a physical manner, she was willing to take before hand. This however….. This was a foreign situation to her. And she hadn’t the slightest idea what to do in return. ”Ah, thank you for-… Well the pin too of course…. And the horses- … I…” Bishop watched on with a grin from ear to ear as his sister awkwardly accepted Cato’s reigns from Remian and clawed for the words needed in order to thank the man without looking like a fool only to do just that in the process. ”Tori?” Bishop called in hopes of encouraging his sister but it merely earned him another dirty look. Thoroughly frustrated with herself, Victoria reverted back to the only way she knew how to communicate her appreciation. It had only taken a matter of seconds for her to grab the crest on Remian’s chest and pull him down to her height where she was able to give him a quick peck on the side of his face above his mask before releasing him immediately after. ”Thank you.”

Not waiting any further, Victoria then proceeded to grab Cato's saddle and mount her steed before watching Bishop do the same. Still having neglected to wipe the smile off his face. "We should get moving. There's no telling what's waiting for us in Olivera's home. I've heard tales of magic laying dormant for centuries before being re-awoken in the presence of un-welcomed guests. If her grimoire truly was one of her most prized possessions I doubt the woman would have left it unprotected." In hearing mention of his aunt Bishop's amusement began to fade as did his smile. With all the encouragement he'd received from both Remian and his grandfather before hand, he was still finding it increasingly difficult to maintain a steady heartbeat. He'd seen what dark magic could do to both mind and body. Olivera had been morphed beyond recognition. Her face and body disguised by a myriad of spells in order to hide her true form. Liam too had suffered from the power he held and had gone to great lengths to ensure he preserved his sanity, cutting open his head and shocking his brain into submission. And even so, many feared him due to his unpredictable and at times volatile nature. It was everything Bishop feared. The yearning to destroy, the inability to control one's actions, the loathing of those around him.... His father had sent him away in hopes that he would never possess such abilities and now here he was chasing it. But he knew...... If he wanted to help his mother and father, the phoenix, and Remian, he would need to do his part. Even if it meant risking his humanity. "We were advised that the king might have his own forces at work. We will need to be cautious nonetheless."

O U T F I T
User Image

Bishop wasn't the only one grinning like an idiot when Victoria approached Remian just outside the Inn. He was surprised to see the beautiful fabricated flower that rested in her hair, and just as shocked to learn that it was his son who had given it. Last night, had he not been plagued with the tantalizing thoughts of spending his time with the woman who had so graciously invited them to stay at their Inn, he would have stayed to see how the bird had fared with the woman he was courting. If anything, Ronan believed that they looked like a bunch of misfits, stuck together for a sake of something trivial-- a committee of party planners perhaps-- especially given the silk clothing he was wearing. Nevertheless, the Inn Keeper had seen favor in them.

If the potion allowed, he would have given himself something else to wear this morning, but alas, it was a one time only thing. Should he need new attire, he would have to ask Remian to lend him some coin. It seemed the boy was spending it on anything these days, given that the trinket in the hair of the Princess was likely much more expensive then most of the people in the market could afford. The boy didn't know the value of money. He had never been out in a place like this, and where he came from, rubies were in abundance. He could have bought a small village with the single jewel he had provided the Inn Keeper, which was why she was so willing to spend the night with his dear old dad after the lights went out.

In honesty, Ronan had really enjoyed her company. It was nice to see a smiling face. But her business came first, and as soon as the sun came up, he was shooed from her chamber. Still, what little he did see of Remian at the pub last night was refreshing. Albeit, he didn't want the young bird to follow his example, and lead a life of pleasure before business. However, he did want him to learn the value of fun. There was nothing wrong with enjoying oneself every once and a while; no real woman wanted a man that a stick in the mud. And it seemed last night Remian had learned as such, from the most unlikely teacher. His gift was a symbol of his appreciation no doubt, but Ronan was no fool. He could see that deep down the token was a step in a direction-- down a path-- that neither of them were ready for yet. But he wouldn't jinx it with words.

He merely watched as Remian swallowed hard, his eyes averting to the ground as Victoria thanked him again, and placed a kiss on his cheek. Then, he lifted them just as she turned her back to mount her steed, his eyes trailing over her form, before he glanced at Ronan. "I'll catch up." He said quickly, trying to hide the smug smile on his face.

"Do you even know where we will be?"

"You have a map. Show me."

Remian drew a breath, obviously nervous about the idea of separating. Not because he couldn't handle himself, but because he feared the dragon finding trouble with booze and women. Regardless, he approached Bishop, and allowed him to hand over the map from his belongings. It was drawn on a fresh piece of parchment, which his son began to unravel upon his approach, then pointed to the west side of the Salia just beyond a small patch of foliage. "I can meet you by sundown, it'll take at least that long for you to get there." Remian looked as if he wanted to ask more questions. But instead, he reached into his pocket and removed his pouch of coin for Ronan to take. "You're a mind reader now?"

"I do not want you to have any excuses for being tardy." The young bird replied, rather seriously, before mounted Victoria's steed. He had no idea what his uncle was up to, and didn't feel the need to ask. Although he would have preferred him in a scalier form, he knew that when he could, he liked to indulge in the life of an elf. Should a battle arise, Ronan would be quick to revert back to a dragon, so for now, Remian decided that he could deal with not knowing that was going on in his head.

He didn't know a great deal about Ronan, beyond what it was he chose to share. And much of that could have very well been a lie. He claimed to love being a dragon, yet, being in a human-like body was when he seemed most tranquil. Fortunately, his mother had taught him never to pry into anyone's past. Sometimes, one would find out something about another that they didn't even wish to know in the first place. It could damage relationships, and Remian was quite content with the odd bond that he and Ronan had for now. It was Victoria that concerned him...

He wasn't sure what this feeling was, but he was oddly warm in his center. And despite her having kissed his cheek out of spite before, she was doing it for opposite reasons this time. She had truly show gratefulness for the gift he had given; something he didn't think her capable of. But despite the stunning moment, he tried to put whatever this was behind him. Unfortunately, he was now feeling odd about touching her. Before he had seen her as nothing more than a nuisance, but suddenly he desired to respect her boundaries. Still, he had been made painfully aware that her riding wasn't great, and he couldn't very well let her fall off the horse because he was fearful of invading her space-- or worse-- finding their closeness alluring.

By the gods! He did not want to discover himself in the gravitational pull of another woman-- a Princess nonetheless; one who could be found in the arms of a cabin boy that she hardly knew.... And then he realized that his worries were for naught. He knew very well who she was, and a single twinge in the pit of stomach meant nothing. Therefore, his arm immediately slide down underneath her own, his palm falling between her legs onto the saddle, as he spread his wings.

Remian eyed Bishop, making sure he was ready, whilst his other hand moved to rub the side of the horse and calm it's spirit. He flapped them once, and the group took off down the relatively empty dirt path, toward the western exit of the city. Gently, he shifted his hand from the saddle, to her inner thigh and pulled her tight against him as they neared the gate some time afterward; his other, stole both the reins from her, as he proceeded to direct the creature through the thick of trees that loomed overhead.

The young bird glanced down at Victoria over her shoulder to make sure she was alright, as she was heavily upset with him the last time he had taken control this way. "I never asked," Remian started, over the pounding hooves of the horses. "What is his name?" He didn't think he needed to clarify who he was speaking about. He obviously knew who Bishop was. "I feel his saddness lifting slightly. Perhaps...he and I just needed the same thing...someone to show us happiness."

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

It didn’t take long for Ronan to dismiss himself from the group. And although she was curious as to where the dragon was looking to run off to Victoria was far too preoccupied with thoughts pertaining to their destination to pry any further. Strangely enough, the king of Salia and his interest in Olivera’s home had never crossed her mind. The land seemed like a peaceful one and without interference of a higher government. Not once had she seen a guard lurking about in the shadows and for some reason that worried her. And yet despite this she managed yet again to loose interest in the king and his men…. And redirect her attention towards Remian. The man had chosen to ride with her as he’d promised before having in Salia, an involuntary agreement she’d thought had been broken by their fight aboard the Night’s Edge but was quite clearly reactivated upon having found her intoxicated within hours of venturing off with Ronan and returning with bottle in hand. She did not fight him off nor did she acknowledge his decision to join her. But rather, froze as he lay his hand on the saddle between her legs and flapped his wings, initiating the ride towards their destination. The reigns swung loosely in her hands as she attempted to concentrate on the task at hand but found it increasingly difficult to do so as Remian’s hand slid up her inner thigh. Victoria’s back straightened and her eyes widened as they shot down to look at his placement just as he began pulling her against him. Her back colliding with his abdomen and crest as he did so. And if that action alone wasn’t enough to startle her, the proximity between them only managed to decrease if at all possible by this point. Although his actions may have been seen by outsiders as lecherous, or lustful in some ways, it only proved to show just how truly innocent this man was. He did not act in hopes of appearing as such, but was simply immune to the meaning that could be implied in doing so. He was oblivious to what was inappropriate and likewise prone to acting without full understanding of the world and its views. In that way, he was harmless. But that didn’t mean his actions went without a reaction.

Victoria’s heart was beating in her just as hard as Cato’s hooves were colliding with the road. Horrifyingly enough her attempts to remain calm were futile as her face heated up and turned several shades of pink as Remian leaned over her shoulder and spoke. ”….His name is Cato….” She managed and quite possibly made the worst mistake she’d ever made by far in that moment by looking at Remian. He truly was stunning, even as the wind whipped through his hair and his cat like irises glanced her way she found herself drawn to such charm. Had he been any other man, she would have demanded the stop riding immediately so that she might indulge in her desire to caress his face in her hands whilst their lips met in a surge of passion and, what she believed was, harmless fun. But Remian wasn’t any other man and to direct such behavior towards him felt… wrong. He simply didn’t know any better. But damned be all, he could be absolutely precious when he wanted to. Such was the case in having mentioned he and Cato’s sadness being lifted once shown happiness. Victoria looked back up at Remian with a softness in her eyes but remained serious nonetheless. ”It’s merely a matter of showing that there is more to life than what is perceived. And that one’s worth should not be judged by strangers nor in some cases themselves until they are confident in knowing who they are. And that’s where the true work lies. In discovering as much. Guidance only shows you what paths are available. It’s up to you to choose whether you wish to take it….. And Cato.” She said as she shifted against him, placing her hands atop his legs so that she might balance herself better… although the firmness of his thighs most certainly did not go unnoticed. Victoria knew his comment had little to do with Cato, it was unlikely having two people practically spooning on top of him had much to do with his mood, but did find comfort in knowing her horse was feeling better. As was Remian after having experienced a night of celebration.

"However I would be careful of what you wish for. There's plenty more to come. This is only just the start. And you better believe I have more up my sleeve than a night indulging in drink. Your in for one hell of a ride Remi boy." She announced with a sly smile, her confident exterior returning as she reached back and patted him on the cheek. Bishop had now moved close by their side but seemed unaware of the words passed between his sister and Remian due to being distracted by thoughts of home, Odette........ and the four knights that lay ahead. They were nontraditional in uniform, adorned in dark shades of green, and their faces painted to match the shadows of the foliage just beyond. They too seemed just as surprised to see them as they were, but such did not last long. The lot ran off into the cover of the trees, scattering and seemingly vanishing without so much as announcing their purpose.... all but one who pulled out a bow and arrow, aiming to fire. "s**t...."

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian was profoundly listening to Victoria's response. She was similar to two sides of a coin. However, neither being a true portrayal of whom she was inside. He had told himself that he was cognizant of who she was, but honestly, not even she knew that much. Therefore, he was reminded that his overconfidence, was only a way of protecting himself from what he might have felt for her after how kind she had been to him last night. And he was well aware of how quickly she was to kiss and tell.

Remian had always been the type to say nice things for the sake of others, and it was a possibility that she had only done so to keep him from weeping in the middle of the pub. Albeit, he was a bird who had only shed tears a single time in his life. His father saw them as weakness, and demanded that he keep his emotions controlled at all times. So Remian, much like his mother who wanted to do everything and anything she could to see the elf happy, repressed his outward display of emotions. Even smiling had become difficult for him.

Nevertheless, he still didn't feel as if Victoria had done or said those things for the sake of his feelings. Her countenance had changed, she seemed almost demure when she spoke to him. Perhaps it was the speed of his horse, or the intimidation of his wings-- but he doubted that she was even paying attention to such things. He could sense her aura, and feel her heart; she was not frightened as she had been before. No, she was focused.

Although, he had to admit that he was less concentrated than she; the hand that she had placed on his leg did not go unnoticed, and it was odd that such a gesture had managed to grab his attention-- as he had her inner thigh pressed firmly in his palm. Yet, it seemed to mean something different coming from Victoria, whereas his actions were nothing more than a safety measure, he couldn't be sure why her hand lingered on his limb. And then, to add to his awkward assessment, she teased him-- patting his cheek accordingly.

He averted his amber eyes, if only to keep the heat from his face; should she have been able to read his thoughts, he would not have been able to hide his embarrassment. Because truthfully, the mere idea of having more nights of equal fun and heartache was actually an appealing one, as he was learning now that there was more to life then the path of the straight and narrow. If Ronan and Victoria could live life by the seat of their pants and still lead royal lives, then certainly he could maintain his training and partake in a bit of fun now and then.

"Did you really mean it?" His calming tone almost blending with the beat of Cato's hooves against the ground. "About my dancing...did you--" Her hissing of a profanity cut his inquiry short. He had been so distracted by his budding friendship that he didn't notice the threat that had disburse from the path. Now he could see and hear their enemy. Remian didn't know if they were men of the King's, but just in case they weren't, he wanted to be ready.

He reached down and pushed on Victoria's shoulder, letting up off her thigh, as he slipped his head beneath her armpit. In one smooth motion, he tossed her onto his back, her torso resting between his set of fully spread wings. The Princess was left with one arm around his neck, whilst his hand reached into her bag for her bow and arrow, which he lifted and loaded, but did not fire. His fingers that were clenched the base of the arrow were steady, despite it worry, and both his and Bishop horse had come to a stop. "We do not have time for games. Either you tell me why you are here, or I start killing people." He held no remorse for his enemy. And saw their deaths as a means to his end.

"We cannot let you pass, turn back now, under order of the King, Fezion."

Remian did not hesitate, his eyes already having located one of the men up in a tree and his aim steady on his energy. "Your King is without knowledge of what danger his Kingdom is in. And therefore, I must decline...respectfully."

"Nothing worse than the witch Olivera, under whose tyranny we have suffered." Said a different voice this time from another space in the thick of verdant forest.

"I assure you. This evil surpasses any and all hardships you and your people have faced."

"He can see me..." Said the man, whom Remian had his arrow on. "Yet he does not fire." His target swung down from the trees and landed in front of Cato, as the young bird let down the bow and arrow in his hand fall; he had never shot one before-- but he read a book or two about it. "Olivera's home is dangerous. Our King fears waking a curse, and having our land fall into darkness again."

Had they not been noble men, he would have killed them and been on his way. But he decided to leave the explaining to his companions, since they were of royal birth. It was likely that news of their leave from Sonitus had likely already spread. "Perhaps the Prince could put your mind at ease." Remian glanced at Bishop, wondering if he was ready to reveal himself, before glancing over his shoulder at Victoria, whom he had thrown onto his back into order to shield from harm.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Victoria hadn’t the time to assess the situation before she was abruptly thrown onto Remian’s back, her arm wrapped around his neck whilst the other dangled at her side before instinctually wrapping beneath his arm and laying her hand flat against his chest. She debated rebuking him for having forced her to take cover behind him, thus exposing the bird to oncoming danger but found herself strangely distracted by how soft and beautiful his feathers were. It was such a trivial observation and by no means made at an appropriate time. And yet much like she had after having first met him she found her finger tips lightly brushing over them to savor the feel with the limb cast around his neck before concentrating on more important matters. By now Remian had drawn the bow she had brought along just as Bishop reached for his own. But as the men began conversing amongst themselves the Phoenix lowered the weapon and her brother neglected to raise his. The rangers spoke of their lord, king Fezion, and his intent to shield his people from any further harm brought down upon them in disturbing Olivera’s abandoned home. Now Victoria was smart. But she was also terribly impatient and she knew that this conversation would take far too long. She sought an end to this confrontation and passage to their destination, without bloodshed, as quickly as possible even if it meant barreling through these men and hoping for the best. However Remian was much more tactful when it came to such things and had called upon Bishop to aid them in reasoning with the men. Her brother dismounted his horse in means of showing he was at their level and slowly approached, only stopping when the man in the middle of the road lifted his bow once more. ”We do not wish to bring harm unto the people of Salia. There is a darkness far more powerful than that which lies dormant behind the walls of Olivera’s home. And if we do not make haste in disposing of that threat, all will suffer. Not just your people but mine as well. My father came to this place to dispose of Olivera and I was there to witness her demise first hand. Rest assured, we are knowledgeable in her workings and will not be reckless in searching her home for what we seek.”

”Your father…… The king of Sonitus? You are his heir? And she. Is that not your sister?”

”I am. And that she is.”

”Then you know better than anyone why we are unwilling to risk it. You are a long way from home, your highness. It was unwise of your father to send his only children to run such a tedious errand. One that is for naught, I am afraid. Had you sent word before hand I might have shown you leniency but alas my loyalty lies with my king and I bend at the hand of no man but that of my ruler. Leave this place I will not tell you a second time.” Victoria got the sense that this was no longer about the protection of Salia’s people. The men were clearly sizing Bishop up….. And wasting valuable time. ”This isn’t a ******** pissing contest. Move your a** and tell ol king Fuzzy to hire men with more wit and logic. For you have neither. Get out of the way or-“ But she was stopped as Bishop held a hand and gave her a look. Pleading silently for her to mind herself as flaring tempers would only make things worse. ”Victoria, please. Let me handle this. Sir you must understand. We can not leave without obtaining what it is we’ve come for. I promise that we will depart as soon as we’ve done as much but hear me out when I say-“ Bishop’s hands were held out before him as he stepped closer and just as his left foot hit the dirt a whir hissed through the air and cut him off from speaking any more. He hadn’t idle time to react before the arrow struck his right shoulder, knocking him back into the dirt with a hushed gasp as he clutched his arm in agony. Victoria felt her heart jump into her throat as a scream leapt out of her with such intensity, she was quite certain she might burst. ”BISHOP!” He let out a choked breath as he winced and held back the urge to cry out. Victoria on the other hand was less controlling of her emotions. Especially those affiliated with rage. ”I’LL ******** KILL YOU!!!!” It had taken only a matter of seconds for her to summon her father’s blade and throw herself off Remian’s back. She ran at the man just as two more arrows were fired from the ranger’s companions and had she not fallen forward, they would have struck her.

Victoria hit the road with thud and felt the air rush out of her lungs from the impact. Looking behind her she caught sight of Bishop who had managed to grab her foot in hopes of stopping her from obtaining injury as well as put an end to her sudden blood thirst. But it was of no use. Victoria kicked his hand away and turned back towards her brothers attacker with gritted teeth, swinging her blade wildly at his lower half from where she lay and grinning as she felt it wedge into his leg with a sickening tear. His screams rang across the trees causing the rest of his brethren to come out of hiding and run to assist him. Their weapons drawn and their eyes filled with determination. Unfortunately for the man she’d attacked, Victoria had not intent of parting her attention from him and began pulling herself closer in a crawl before she managed to hover over him. ”You ingrate. I hope my grandfather finds joy in seeing your soul rot in his care.” She hissed and raised the blade one last time before silencing his cries.

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian thought that Bishop was handling the situation well, as for some reason, he held far more optimism given the situation, then he should have. Despite the fact that Salia had been a place seemingly without order, the forest was likely riddled with marksmen in camouflage. And the only reason they didn't strike immediately, was because they spotted the woman in the young bird's lap. Had Victoria not been here, they would have struck, and carried their bodies out to the river. There was no doubt in his mind that this King would do anything to protect his Kingdom from falling under such strong magic again. But he thought that perhaps his men would listen to reason from a man with the royal title of Prince. And even farther more, it seemed the man had acknowledged Bishop's truth.

Unfortunately, the marksmen was unwise to speak ill of their father, whom Victoria was very fond of. Despite Remian's own ill feelings toward Ha'an, he would not dare allow a stranger to speak badly of him. She lashed out with a firm tongue, one he knew she had inherited from the elf, and the look on the man's face became less than pleased. There was no time to react, as he lifted his bow and shot an arrow at Bishop who tried to hush his sister's outburst, but it was too late. Their enemy had not taken kindly to the Princess' harsh words, and fired his weapon at her brother. It whizzed through the air, causing Remian to snap his head backward in shock. Had Victoria not reacted with such haste, the bird would have already disposed of the man. She clamored off his back, summoning the Keeper's sword with a swiftness like he had never seen before. Already the other's were targeting her. As she moved to avenge, she stumbled forward, and hit the ground.

Remian could see that Bishop was in pain, and that was the second thing that delayed his hand. As he dismounted Cato to rush to his aide, two more arrows could be found soaring through the air, their destination the heart of Victoria, but she was now wildly swinging her sword from the ground at the lower portion of the man before her. Remian immediately dropped to his knees in the greenery, his wings confining to his back so that he wasn't made a bigger target. "Please let me..." He whispered from his side, looking down on the grimacing expression of the Prince. He placed a hand on the opposite shoulder giving it a bit of pressure, then reached down to pluck the arrow from the other. It was fairly quick, but certainly not painless. His eyes however, softened once he realized that Bishop's spirit energy had not decreased, and he was not fatally wounded. Such was a relief. Remian, having recalled the gesture that Victoria had given him, offered it to his friend. "You are going to be just fine." He managed, patting him on the cheek before getting to his feet.

The girl was not far, and her attempt at harming the one who assaulted her brother was not futile. The marksmen cried out in agony as the blade consumed his essence; a shimmering dust outlined his body, as it began filing into the weapon with great speed, causing his companions to look on in horror. This allowed Remian a chance to arm himself, as two other men were moving swiftly on either side of him through the trees to attack the group from behind. His staff was in his hand within seconds as he got to his feet; he then flicked his wrist. His hand reached up and open his mask as he blew on the metal of the pole, heating it to a scouring temperature.

Enemy number one and two ran forward from the front, once they realized that their companion was likely gone for good. Both dived forward for Victoria as he reached down and grabbed her, pulling her backward by the ankle as they landed in the grass. Three and four were in pursuit from behind, firing arrows as they ran to attack Remian. He whirled around, dodging one and catching the other in his free hand just before it hit his chest. He clasped the wooden stick and turned back around, as one had picked himself up off the ground, only to have the bird plunged the arrow of his comrade into his heart. He cried out, stumbling backward, as two was now standing up and three fired around shot from behind. Remian shifted right, as it soared through the air, hitting two in the chest.

Now he only had enemies behind him. Three and four were upon him, when he whirled around for a second time, his staff running clear through the chest of the man on the right, as the one on his left removed a sword and dropped his bow. He swung overhead as Remian ripped his pole from the heart of three, whose body began to convulse, before his center slowly began to turn to charred ash and spread. Four screamed in anger as he waved his weapon around crazily, (witnessing the death of the others had not been easy on him). Remian swiped under his arm, and turned, hitting him in the butt with a swift kick. He tumbled forward onto his own blade, which pierced him up through his chest right beside Victoria.

All five men had been disposed of in a very quick fashion, leaving the young bird relieved as he shrank his staff to put it away. "We should hurry. We are not safe here." He reached down and took Bishop by his good arm, to gently help him to his feet. Once again, his uncle wasn't here when he needed him.

When he was sure the Prince was alright, Remian reached down for Victoria's hand. "That went well..." He mused, almost teasingly...

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Just as quickly as Victoria felt the satisfaction of watching the life drain from the ranger beneath her, it was torn away and replaced with fascination. The sword she wielded repossessed the man’s soul leaving the body to disintegrate into shimmering sand before vanishing completely. Leaving not a trace behind to prove he’d existed to begin with. Victoria reached out and brushed her hand over the place where the body lay as the weight of what she’d done settled in. But she hadn’t a chance to reflect on whether or not it was right or wrong. There was a sudden grip around her ankle and for a moment she considered the possibility that Bishop had recollected himself. She turned to scold him for getting up so quickly to aid her only to find that it was none other than Remian. There was an abrupt tug and she felt her body drag across the grassy clearing just as two men struck where she’d previously been kneeling. Her eyes widened as she then took into account that they were still very much engaged in battle and turned over onto her back in time to witness what yet again could only be described as an awe inspiring battle between Remian and the enemy. As gentle a soul as the man was in personality, he had the ability to do a complete one eighty when the time came to use force to achieve their goal. He certainly was a force to be reckoned with. And to be reminded of the power such a kind creature possessed was just as humbling as it had been the first time she’d seen him strike with purpose. When all was said in done both royals were left speechless, although one due to pain rather than the reason of having seen all that their companion had managed within a timely period. Victoria glanced beside her at the corpse left to ruin beneath the sun and immediately turned away, sitting up as she watched Remian help Bishop to his feet. Thankfully the bird had managed to remove the arrow whilst keeping her brother intact. And although it had been removed, she could tell by the way he winced that the pain still lingered. She took the young man’s hand as it was extended towards her and smiled in hearing his sarcasm. The first time she’d ever heard him use such a tone since having met him. ”You mean as far as you saving our asses again? Yeah. I’d say it did go pretty well. You’re quite the brute beneath all that soft tissue now aren’t you?” She jeered with a laugh and prodded his mid section with the tips of her fingers as if to further make her point before walking towards Bishop.

”I’m…. sorry. I didn’t know-“ But he merely shook his head and smiled. ”It’s fine. How do you think I managed with mom and dad at seven?” Victoria cast him a look of astonishment before replacing it with one of suspicion. ”You were shot with an arrow at seven?” He pursed his lips before denying as much, admitting it to be a mere falsehood. ”No but I thought it might make you feel better if I said as much.” Unfortunately, Victoria found no such amusement in her brother’s antics. ”a*****e!” She shouted and struck his arm with a closed fist only to hear him groan with pain in response. ”Oh gods, I’m sorry!” But as quickly as it had appeared the pain vanished and in its stead was a look of amusement followed by an eerily mischievous grin. ”Wrong arm.” Victoria scowled and turned away angrily before mounting Cato and lending Remian a hand. You can get on by yourself, asshat.” She hissed to her brother and looked ahead down the path and beyond the corpses to be left in their wake. ”Remian’s right. If the king is as no nonsense as his men claim then we should move forward before the next watch arrives to see what we’ve done. I doubt they’ll be half as pleased to see their men scattered about in bloody disarray.” Bishop nodded sullenly as he climbed onto the back of Icarus and let out a deep sigh as he allowed the throbbing in his shoulder to settle before reaching into his back and pulling out some cloth, tying it tightly around his wound and pulling the ends with his teeth to keep it from shifting. ”At least we can find comfort in knowing Ronan won’t have to encounter the same troubles. We’ll be laying out a clean path for him should follow in our wake.” Victoria snorted at the thought, slightly annoyed by the dragon’s convenient disappearance. But she knew that to stay mad at him was impossible. The two were far too much alike and admittedly she did think fondly of the man. He was much like the distant relative she’d always wished she had as there were few within her own family she could relate to in the conquests of drinking and seeking out company of the opposite sex. ”Yes well I suppose you’re right, though I doubt he’d need our help even then.”

The short amount of time that passed after having begun their tread towards their destination was made in silence until Victoria. It wasn’t until the adrenaline had cleared from her system and the anger from having seen Bishop injured vanished that she was able to recall their conversation prior to the attack. ”Bishop did you know that Remian can dance?” A smile spread across her lips as she decided to break from the silent treatment she was handing down to her brother and turned to give him a quick glance in time to see a look of surprise cross his features. ”Is that so?” He asked and smiled at Remian as he searched for confirmation on his sister’s claim. ”It most certainly is. I saw it with my own two eyes. It took him a couple of drinks but he was finally able to wring the energy out of him and put it to some use. You wouldn’t know it but there is a party animal deep down in the crevices of that gentlemen-like exterior of his. Quite the lady killer too. Had a gal all over him. I had to pry her off in fear she might have devoured him whole should no one have stopped her. Yup. We’re going to have to keep an eye on this one.” Victoria let out a quiet chuckle and gave Remian a light bump with her elbow before turning back to look ahead at where they were going. She wouldn’t openly admit it….. but he was starting to grow on her. Almost infectiously so.

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian was happy to be back on schedule. He watched carefully as Bishop mounted his horse, prepared to aid him should he need assistance. Then took Victoria's hand and allowed her to assist him onto Cato, before they began their trek again. And despite wanting to help with the despute the brother and sister were having, his mind was on the men that they had left in their wake. Could they have honestly been under such strict orders, to attack whomever seemed to be on their way to the now unoccupied home of Olivera.

On the map, it seemed to be a small village of some sort, and there had to be others living there-- unless the witch had drove them all away, or the King had mandated an evacuation after the curse on Salia was lifted. Somewhere deep down, he didn't want to believe the King's guard would be willing to harm anyone of royal heritage, especially a man as special as Bishop. Remian had come to believe that there was only a single bloodline that carried the gift of sight, and it was possible that he was the last of his kind, just as he was the only Earth Spirit the world had left. Should he be killed in battle, the sun would be blotted out, and the world as they knew it would seize to exist.

Although he was aware of the importance of his life, he also knew the value of family. If his mother was taken from him, there was no doubt in his mind that he would simply die of dejection. The woman had taught him all that she knew, and for many years had given him her undivided attention and love. And regardless of some of his reasoning for this journey being a bit selfish, this was for the best. Despite his misgivings about Cavril. He hadn't yet to put his finger on what bothered him about the Keeper, but he was sure that there was something about this journey that benefited him. In addition, he still feeling strangely about Ronan running off. It wasn't like him to leave when there was work to be done.

Therefore, he thought it best to worry about the two when the situation called for it. For now, he wanted to enjoy the company of his companions, who seemed to talking to one another again, even if was at the young bird expense. The mention of his dancing made his face feel warm, albeit, his now rosy cheeks were hard to pinpoint hidden in his incredibly tanned sink. His arms were hanging by his side now, and Victoria had control of the reins. The group had moved farther into the woods at this point, and were finally starting to come out on the other side.

Ahead the thick of trees was beginning to clear, and there destination was starting to come into view as the sun set in the west. There was a part of him that worried about the wound that Bishop had suffered getting infected. But hopefully, he could find someone easy in the grimoire to heal himself. Of course, that would likely take some prodding on his behalf, since the Prince didn't seem too keen on dark magic.

Andromeda had made it clear that the warlock of the Kingdom Helena, was very odd indeed. He was a man of two personalities, because of the amount of darkness his body held; it worked against him daily, and because of this he was forced to shock his brain into forgetting entire days sometimes. It was a story the Remian had found difficult to believe. But after hearing the lengths that Bishop's father went through to keep him from falling to the shadows, the young bird was starting to believe that this magic was just as dangerous he had been told. Still, there was no evil in this Oracle. And he could not believe that a book could change his heart. He pure, and worthy of any throne-- a prodigy for the world to see.

"I..." He started, seeing the surprised expression on the face of his friend. "It was my first time. And I did have quite a few beverages..." Remian's voice lowered to a whisper as they trotted along, finally coming onto a pathway which led into the village of cottages not too far ahead. It appeared to be abandoned; there was no one occupying the streets from what he could see. But an inexplicable chill ran over his body nonetheless, which caused him to shiver, and lose his train of thought for a moment.

"She was beautiful, your highness. I must admit. Very good at the art of dancing, and willing to teach me..." He tried not to think of how quickly she had left him, knowing it would only hurt him. "I learned a great deal." Remian concluded with a sigh, as he glanced at Bishop. "I thought I loved her. But I do not think I quite know what romantic love is. As I have not spent time around many women."

He thought for a moment, afraid that any inquiry would be considered prying, when he was only curious. "Surely, a man with your authority has such knowledge." Remian hesitated, but tried not to over think the question, for fear of not asking it all. "As heir to the throne you will have to marry, and I recall your grandfather asking you about a woman named Odette. You didn't respond. So now I find myself wondering about your relationship with her." It hadn't come out like he wanted. But it did leave room for Bishop to decline responding at all should he wish.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Victoria couldn’t help but smile as she listened to Remian elaborate on his ability to dance after having been taught by the woman he’d met in the pub. Although he didn’t boast, she could most certainly tell that he was excited by the experience and possibly even proud of what he’d learned. Strangely enough she found it endearing. Yet another feeling she was unfamiliar with and a reoccurring theme when it came to their companion. She’d been right to think him unlike most men. He was modest even in speaking of how he overcame his own obstacles where as the majority would have gladly taken the chance to brag or blow it off all together. ”Hey don’t sound so down about it. Love is a complicated thing. Some people don’t find it until they’re old wrinkly prunes with nothing better to look forward to. If you over think it you won’t recognize it the moment it comes flying and nails ya one in the face.” Bishop nodded in agreement but as quickly as their discussion had begun to pick up, it broke into absolute silence. Odette. Bishop hadn’t gone an hour without thinking about her and the mere mention of her now made his heart ache with longing. He missed her terribly but although his eyes spoke as much his mouth refused to admit it. ”She is….. very dear to me. I met her in my earlier years around the age of fourteen. The thicket where she and her father live was always rumored to be inhabited by a wicked man or some sort of entities, evil in origin. I happened upon her in partaking in a dare. And she was by no means an evil spirit, cannibal, or demon of the like as the rumors said. To be honest, she was and is quite possibly the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes upon. We became friends rather quickly after she discovered my ability and in finding my discomfort at the time for possessing such powers she spoke of her own ailment. Admittedly I was so taken by her that I hadn’t noticed she was blind until she mentioned it.” he smiled then as he reminisced in the years they spent in one another’s company. Spending hours talking about trivial matters or even silence. Simply knowing the other was there had been more than enough to comfort their troubled minds growing up. ”I am no expert on love, nor do I claim to be. But to say that I have not felt it would be a lie. I wish I could put in words all that one experiences in sharing such a sensation with another but I’m afraid all I can tell you is that it is a state of…. Of knowing. When you feel it, and believe me when I say you will one day, there will not be a single doubt in your mind that that’s what it is.”

Victoria neglected to interrupt during her brother’s speech, not out of indifference or because she was avoiding the conversation all together, but because in secret she too was interested in what he had to say on the matter. Victoria had never been one to seek out such a relationship with another and for good reason. She was afraid of getting hurt. She knew what opening up and showing one’s vulnerable side could lead to pain. Possibly even rejection. And she refused to allow herself to be subjected to such emotions as Remian had in the pub. To feel such suffering would be the end of her. She took pride in others seeing her as someone to yearn after and holding a confident and bold persona. And in order to uphold such a reputation, she had always been the first to leave the relationship and therefore break the hearts of her suitors. Unfortunately she couldn’t deny the regret and shame she’d felt in seeing Remian treated the same way. It had made her think twice about the way she treated others. But she wasn’t quite so sure it was entirely enough to truly make her change her ways. ”Yeah. Well I guess that’s one way of looking at it.” She muttered and shifted uncomfortably before drawing her attention to the cluster of old buildings up ahead. The sun was slowly parting and making way for moonlight but there was still time to make camp if need be. Honestly, staying in such a place even after having reached the grimoire did not appeal to her. These were unfamiliar surroundings shrouded with a dark past and untold secrets and dangers that lay dormant in the shadows. Should something happen while they were here there was no promise of a clean escape. ”Do you not believe in love, Victoria?”

”Don’t be a wise a**. Of course I do. I just don’t think it’s for everyone. You have to be deserving of it. You have to want it. And you have to meet someone who’s right for you. Not everyone is as lucky as you are. We all don’t just walk into the woods and find the person we want to spend the rest of our life with.” Bishop smiled as his sister went on to state what she liked to believe was a ‘realistic’ view of the world and people’s ability to find the one they were meant for. She claimed not to want it. But she’d seen the anger in her eye upon having found her previous boyfriend with another. She wanted to be loved just as badly as anyone else. It was only a matter of opening up an allowing someone inside. Something she feared deeply. ”Luckily for you, Remian, you have the personality just about every young lady is looking for. Your compatible with just about anyone. It’s only a matter of finding the right girl for you.….. We should probably pick up the pace. This place gives me the heeby jeebies.” And with that she gave a firm whip of Cato's reigns, causing the horse to quicken its trot.

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian was pleased when Bishop began to talk of Odette. He didn't seem at all concerned about sharing such personal information, although it seemed that he had upset Victoria a bit. The rambunctious spirit she held, became much calmer at the mention of the topic of love. And he wondered if she too had been wondering about such a subject. Perhaps she had only found the cabin boy back on the Night's Edge alluring for the sake of possibly falling for him? Or maybe it was easier to run around the way that Ronan did, pretending that sex and company for a mere night was enough to keep one sated.

Remian could only hope that wasn't the case. She was a young woman, a Princess at that; if she was not saving her lips for a single man, then he hoped she had at least reserved her body. It was really all he could do to navigate away from the thought, in order to keep himself from worrying that she was broken, just like his uncle. As much as he loved Ronan, his life style when he was in human form was rather destructive, and being as he and Victoria had gotten along right off the bat-- it was obvious to him that they had compatible personalities. Still, he thought more of his new companion than that; men were often held to a different standard, such behavior was tolerated. But in a woman, it was looked upon with great disdain-- or so his mother had said. Remian didn't want Victoria to end up alone. All people deserved to be loved, by not just family, but friends...and a spouse.

It was apparent that her brother had already found the girl who held his heart. Unfortunately, it was also just as apparent that he missed her dearly. Such made the bird's heartache, since it had been he that drove a wedge between them with this journey. Bishop deserved to smile, and he hadn't seemed truly happy since this trek began. The situation reminded him of how dejected his mother had been after she and his father separated. Remian didn't know that he could be around those of a crestfallen nature without desiring to help if he could. "I find favor in your story, albeit, I am sorry about the fact that you have to be away from her. Surely that must be difficult, as even in my mother's state of mind, I have miss her presence every since I departed from her almost two weeks ago."

His attention wandered from the Prince, to the Princess, as she began to speak on how she felt about love, and how she believed that Remian needed to simply find the 'one' that was right for him. As kind as her words were, she was misinformed. "You mean to tell me that every girl is looking for a man that will outlive them by at least seven hundred years...who knows nothing of lightheartedness, nor spares a single life belonging to that of whom he believes to be an enemy? That she would pursue one who cares not for his own face, and constantly seeks out the love of his mother and father even when such affection are beyond repair?" His question was rhetorical, as he knew Victoria only assumed she knew him, when in fact, she was merely an acquaintance. "There is much you do not know about me. What is on the surface, is merely what I allow you to see. The bird inside, is much more morose than I care to share, and I assure you, as I am, no woman would have use for me."

Remian had talked himself into a very dark place. He could feel his bones stiffen, as he tried to pull himself together. Above, heavens had become an array of purple, navy, and gray-- to create a night sky that held a great deal of murkiness to it. Some of the stars were visible however, as the moon was full and loomed overhead in a foreboding fashion. But before anyone could respond to the words he had said, Remian spread his wings and flapped them several times to simulate flying, as he rose up off the horse and into the air slowly, just above Bishop and Victoria. "I will move ahead." He glance over his shoulder, seeing a man on a horse not too far in the distance. "My uncle is close."

The young bird preferred not have the sympathy of others. And believed he already allowed his emotions to get the best of him. If his father could see him now, he would certainly be disappointed. Therefore, as soon as the words left his mouth, he flew ahead up the incline toward the hill where a castle had been built. Remian was left to believe that this was the home of the witch Olivera, giving him more chills to made every hair on his body stand up. Wind hit him in the face as he neared the stone porch of the imposing structure, whilst he looked upon it with great concern. He could feel evil in this place, and worried about what waited for them inside. Remian then landed in front of the steps, and backtracked toward the black picket fence which surrounded the place in order to unlock the gate for his companions, just as Ronan was catching up to them.

The dragon's human form was newly attired in clothing more suited for battle, and on his sides were two kitana's for protection. He grinned upon ridding up next to the royal children and looked on ahead at the castle momentarily. "I saw you ran into trouble." His iris moved over the former home of the dark witch and his smile vanished. "But this looks far worse than the King's marksmen." Ronan made note of the material on Bishop's shoulder, and the crimson that was bleeding through it. His hand reached for Cato, and he removed a vile from Remian's bag. It was filled with a shimmering white smoke, which he tossed to the man. "Should heal you, kid."

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

It hadn’t taken long for things to go sour as was the usual occurrence after Victoria opened her mouth. It seemed that even in attempting to encourage Remian that such emotions were not out of his reach, nor was the idealistic life he yearned for, she’d managed to only cause him further anxiety. She knew it wasn’t her fault so much as it was his reluctance to view himself as someone worth knowing. His own self value and confidence was low. And again Victoria found herself cursing his mother for having raised him in such a confined and isolated area. Yes, Remian was different. But not in the way he supposedly felt he was. He was without someone to whom he could compare himself and therefore did not understand that yearning to be loved especially by one’s parents was natural. That everyone neglected to appreciate their appearance nor did they all have friends to whom they could turn to in their time of need. Even Victoria lacked as much as she felt she didn’t need any…. Or perhaps didn’t want to go through the effort of earning someone else’s trust. Despite this she had felt some sort of likeness towards Remian and was drawn to help the man see the world through eyes anew. And that was more than she could say for most. ”He’s not mad at you, you know.” She turned towards Bishop as he watched her with his usual expressionless stare, her brow knitting together in defiance. ”Does it look like I ******** care if he’s mad at me? I didn’t do anything to him.” Victoria had hoped to leave it at that but as she looked back to watch as Remian’s wings carried him further ahead Bishop spoke once more. ”I think you do…. I know you do.” It was bold of him to confront her. Surely he knew that. But apparently Bishop cared not for Victoria’s temper as he knew better than anyone that it was harmless when paired with the inner conflict she was facing in that very moment. Excuse me?

”We’ve only just met Remian but I would like to think of him as a friend. Which makes me want to help him and see him happy. You on the other hand who strays from any relationship outside of our own family whether it be romantic or a platonic friendship-“

”Because I do not desire it-“

”….Right. And yet you still seek to expose Remian to the life beyond his mother’s boundaries. To teach him how to enjoy himself. So what’s your excuse?”

”I didn’t think I needed one. I’m bored. He’s a project. Just leave it alone Bishop.”

”If you were bored then you would be looking for something far less time consuming to keep you at bay. And you’ve never bothered with others in the past.”

”Since when did you start to give a s**t about who I spent my time with? Last I recalled, you’re the one who idly sat by as I cozied up to every man in Sonitus with a drink in his hand. And this one time I’m not openly grabbing at a guy and suddenly you feel the need to mention it? What makes Remian so different?”

”That’s what I’d like to know.”

”Gods Bishop! He’s just a kid! He doesn’t know any better!”

”He’s more of a man than any of those men you fool around with in the pubs.”

”He doesn’t know any better….”

”You’d be surprised.”

”OKAY! I CARE, YOU [********] NUISANCE! He doesn’t know any better! He doesn’t have friends, and he certainly doesn’t know how to be happy or how to take the opportunity to feel as much when it’s staring him in the face! And it pisses me off because I know that he deserves more than that! He’s a nice boy, he’s kind, and you and I both know that in this world no one caters to the weak of heart. He may know how to protect himself in a battle but when it comes to shielding himself from the emotional pain inflicted by others he is absolutely defenseless. He’s allowed himself to live without joy because he has low self esteem and thinks he is undeserving of it. And that….. is by far the saddest thing I’ve ever heard. So yes. I ******** care if he’s mad at me. Because I saw how upset he was in the pub when he thought he found favor in another and that b***h smashed that moment of happiness to smithereens. I saw myself in that girl. And I don’t ever want to be the one held responsible for him experiencing anything less than pleasant. Because he’s innocent. Okay? You happy with yourself? Feel like a more intellectual being yet? Victoria thinks the bird boy is nice and would like to make friends and see him smile! ……… Go ******** yourself. I’m so done with you.”

Bishop wasn’t quite sure how to handle his sister’s outburst as clearly there was a lot more to it than she was letting on but for now what little she had admitted was enough for one day. It would certainly put him back on her bad side for having pried when he himself had trouble expressing his emotions to those he cared about. But he was worried about her. And therefore despite her wrath he felt that in the end it would be worth it. It was then that the sound of hoofbeats was heard approaching from behind and before long they were joined by none other than Ronan who had armed himself to the teeth in armor and two rather impressive looking blades. Victoria let out a relieved sigh in having been re-united with the only one she felt capable of understanding her train of thought and leaned over to grip both of his shoulders before giving them a light shake and re-releasing him. ”Glad to see you safe and fully clothed.” She teased but the gumption in her tone had suffered dearly due to her spoiled mood. Bishop nodded and thanked the dragon as he handed him a vial of unknown healing abilities and pried open the cork from the top, watching as the smoke within swam towards his bandaging like a piranha attracted to open flesh and seeped beneath it. There was a subtle burning sensation before it cooled down and within a moment’s time he found that the only pain remaining was a subtle soreness in his arm. He gently unraveled the makeshift bandaging to find that nothing more than a small scar lay beneath, much to his relief. ”Thank you again. Something tells me finding a healer in this place would be unlikely…..”

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian was not angry with Victoria. If anything, he had been trying to explain to her that his saddness ran much deeper than she would ever know. Should his mother passed away, he would go soon after-- either by the hands of the gods, or his own. He couldn't bare the idea of being alone; it was a like a sickness that plagued him. And therefore, he was willing to hold onto anything, or anyone that showed him even the least bit of affection. In turn, he then found himself fearing how easily they could crush his heart should they choose to. He didn't mind being emotionally vulnerable, as he was so most of the time. Remian merely worried that one day he would expose himself to the wrong person, and be less of a man then he was when they had found him. The bird couldn't imagine being more broken than this. Surely his mother was brave for enduring the loss of the only man she had ever romantically loved. But he was not nearly as strong, or as worthy of such. So should he actually find someone who saw favor in him, and they were to simply depart-- he would be no more.

Luckily, last night he was far too intoxicated to know if his feelings were real. Love wasn't always a two way street, that much he knew. But hopefully Daliah was not the woman the gods had ordained for him. He needed a woman who was true-- faithful, and kindhearted. One who would care for him, hold him, and kiss him whenever the moment was right. Certainly he would not be compatible with someone like Daliah, who filled his head full of nonsense, just because she wanted to get him drunk, smooch him to death, and move on to the next available sap. Regardless, he had learned something from the experience. And he needed such things to arm himself, should he actually move to pursue a soul mate in the future. Despite believing he wasn't much to look at-- definitely not a trophy for the wall-- he did believe there was someone out there for everyone. Victoria was most certainly wrong in believing that love wasn't for all. Remian even believed that his uncle had cared for someone once. He never talked about love, but that was all the more reason he had to believe that Ronan had at some point fallen for someone. Perhaps it was the reason for why he was the way he was now.

Unfortunately, he didn't have much time to sort out his thoughts. Although he had gone ahead to escape the overflow of emotion he felt in mentioning how useless he would be to anyone given his inexperience and poor state of mind-- he was now here to make sure that the grounds were clear of anything that could pose a threat to the future leaders of Sonitus. He moved down the rocky landscape, and across a small patch of water that lay between the black gate and castle, toward more mountainous terrain. It was for the best that they leave the horses here, rather than have them travel less that stable ground. Remian lifted his mask, and bent down, gently blowing on the chain and padlock that held the structure closed. The heat was enough to loosen the gear inside, and when he reached out to jiggle the lock open, it came loose with ease. He tossed it away, and unwrapped the chain, as the group trotted up the path one by one, since there wasn't enough room to move side by side.

He noted his uncle taking up the rear. The dragon's elven form was properly attired for battle, and that eased the mind of the bird who worried he had stayed behind to cause trouble. "I would leave your horses here. We have to travel down this slope, across the moat, and back up the hill to get inside. Your steeds, although noble," His amber eyes found the sullen face of Cato, "will slow us down." Remian was concerned about resting tonight. And he didn't think it was best that they go back to Salia after what had happened in the woods. So they would be needing to find another place to stay once the grimoire was found. These houses, albeit abandoned, were not safe either.

"Remi, my favorite nephew. You'll be happy to know I didn't spend all of your coin!" Ronan grinned as he dismounted his new gray Stallion and tied it's reins to the end of a metal piece that stuck up out of the gate that lined the path. He then plucked the pouch from his waist and passed by Bishop and Victoria to hand it over to Remian, whom looked down at it curiously.

"What did you do to it?"

His uncle laughed abruptly, reaching up to place a hand on his shoulder. "Would you stop being so ******** paranoid." He then slipped his hand into the pocket of the bird's trousers and dropped the coin inside. "I went to get some clothes and a horse, it's not like this form has wings."

"I needed you." Remian informed him seriously, looking down on the dragon with a bit of disappointment in his eyes.

But Ronan only smiled. "You always think that you need me. And one day, when you actually do. I'll be there."

It was unable to helped-- the feeling that he got when his uncle showed faith in him. Sometimes, he didn't realize that this was a form of trust. "Uncle, that was a really nice to say..."

"Yeah, kid! Save it." Ronan interjected, tossing his hand into the air as he passed by.

Remian could only roll his eyes in exasperation, knowing the moment had been ruined, just as fast as it had been made. Right now, they were standing on a bit of slope, that led toward the thin canal they would need to pass through. Then, they would climb the mountainous hillside to get to the stone steps which lead into the castle. He didn't want to be rude, and with how he had so quickly run off, he decided to offer Victoria a hand descending the side of the jagged rock. His eyes found hers, after he glanced back to make sure his uncle hadn't tumbled down into the water, and extended a hand for her to take should she need it.

"Here...let me assist you." Remian's tone suffered in his brooding state, but he would not let his manners do the same.

"Bishop, I'll race you! Last one across the moat is a rotten egg!" Ronan called over his shoulder, almost at the canal's edge already. The group didn't know it, but something lurked below the water...a creature waiting to devour those who sought to steal from his mistress.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff