Welcome to Gaia! ::

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She continued to wait for several more minutes before Remian made it clear that riding with her was not at all his intention despite having made talk of doing so prior to boarding the Night's Edge. Victoria was not only surprised.... but slightly disappointed. She did not understand the latter of the two as only moments ago she'd been dreading the moment he mounted Cato but assumed it was due to their previous argument that he'd refused to do so and in turn the same reason she felt as she did. She needn't have those traveling with her thinking she was out to hurt or even kill them. Even if she had hated Remian to that extent she most certainly wouldn't regard his life without value. All life was precious in her eyes and to take that of another was to be done in defense of oneself or those incapable of doing so. Not for sport. It wasn't something to be taken lightly nor was it something to regret after the fact. There was a certain amount of respect that was required.... perhaps not for the person.... but their mortality. It was a complicated system of beliefs. One she didn't expect Remian to understand no matter how many books his mother had provided him with in the years he'd spent under her wing. She wasn't even sure if such a peculiar array of mixed thoughts could be defined in textbooks. Even so, she cared not for explaining herself to the likes of him. If he wanted to sulk over an old quarrel then so be it. As for Victoria.... Well she was prepared to take her anger out on whoever gave her the opportunity and afterwords, leave it at that. Fortunately there was at least one who seemed to look out for them where their spirits were concerned. Ronan was quick to make light of the situation and subtly poked fun at his nephew in doing so. A dragon of her own heart. "Why, that there is an excellent idea! But, oh, where will we find someone in all of Salia who remembers the location of Olivera's home, perhaps even visited such a terrible place? Bishop?"

Her brother lifted his eyes up from the journal he had pulled out and shut it just as quickly as Victoria had spoken, her tone dripping with sarcasm. "That was twenty years ago. Forgive me if my memory is a bit rusty. The last I saw of it, it lay further up in the higher region of the kingdom...... But I certainly do not recall Salia having been so well expanded. Things have changed plenty since then. I wouldn't be surprised if it was torn down or moved. Perhaps abandoned all together. Look at these people... Do you really think that they would want to be reminded of such a dark time?" Victoria pursed her lips in thought as she scanned the kingdom only to find the back of Remian. His bare chest had not gone unnoticed and she was finding it increasingly difficult to concentrate simply knowing he was facing the other way where she couldn't see it. "Yes, well I'm willing to bet money that it's still there. These people didn't exactly sound too aware of the power behind dark magic. If anything, the fact that so many had neglected to leave the city during the early stages of Olivera's arrival makes me think that they were either too comfortable with the situation or in awe of her power. Either way, they made a stupid decision, simply rolling over like ******** dogs."

"What else could they have done, Victoria? She was a powerful woman. You don't know if that's how it happened. There aren't any accounts written down before hand and little was heard from Salia after she arrived. She was a greedy, blasphemous thing of the shadows that fed off the pity and despair of others in pursuit of beauty and the love of a man unwilling to give it."

"A kingdom follows in the example of its ruler. If their king was quick to heed the demands of one woman without a fight, his people would recognize that fear as their own. That is why a nation needs a strong leader. Someone willing to take that risk." Bishop nodded slowly, seemingly satisfied with her response but did not entirely accept her way of thinking. For he knew first hand the devastation Olivera had caused. "Well played. But I think you underestimate the sincerity of the situation. Suppose that's easy to do..... After all, seeing this place now one would never think it had been riddled with a plague so long ago." Victoria shook her head and drew a quick breath. "Deformity and plague aren't the same. All beauty fades with time." She paused then as they slowly closed in behind Ronan and looked down at the disguised dragon with an amused smirk. "Well..... most of the time. You certainly clean up nice. Need a ride stranger?" She offered with a laugh only to see Bishop subtly shaking his head in reaction to her gesture. "Oh for ******** sake, if you and birdy over there don't lighten up for five ******** well deserved minutes then maybe we should just pair off. Because I don't think I can stand another moment with sour puss and you acting as if you have a brick shoved up your a**. Ease up. Breathe. And try not to choke on your own pride because your sure as hell suffocating me." Victoria gave a quick slap on the reigns of her horse and made way ahead of them in a quick trot in hopes of putting some distance between them, already having returned to her fuming before the real work had begun. Given what Bishop had said, she'd already formed a plan in her head to speak with the oldest of the city. Surely they would have been around long enough to remember such events in detail. And if not...... well something told her the drunks in the nearest tavern would have an earful to share.

O U T F I T
                                                                              {Out.Of.Cupcakes: }
User Image

His transformation would have been painful, had he not made it several times in the past. He couldn't simply roam around in his reptilian form, or people would start seeking his kind of for extinction again. Because if the dragons were still alive, that could very well mean the Pheonix was too. Remian's wings were a concern, but he did not have the complete form of an Earth spirit, and could pass as an unknown species of a human crossed with a large bird. Even he hadn't seen all that the Land had to offer. And it was possible that a species with dark feathers parading their backs was lurking around somewhere. It was a lot harder for Ronan to fit in, however. This form wasn't one he took often. He wasn't even sure his son had seen it before. This mixture of platinum hair, and that of his mother's fiery red, had created the strawberry colored locks Remian was born with. However, he was not sure where the boy had gotten his build. Andromeda was a particularly large woman, but she wasn't tall, nor was he, standing an inch shy of six feet. His son towered over those around him, in an almost intimidating way, without meaning to be. Perhaps that was the reason he had such a hard time making friends.

Ronan had made light of the situation with Victoria, but he knew that it bothered Remian. And not because he was worried about her safety. There was something about her that he liked. Even if he hated everything else. The young bird had a big heart, and did not want to see the Princess's crushed by those around her. Despite the fact that boy had never known love, he knew of it, and he had seen first hand what it could do to a person. Ronan had never made a connection with a another, the way he had with his son-- someone he was forced to call nephew for the sake of an elf that he loved dearly.

Ha'an was not a bad man. But the fact that he wanted to keep this a secret, regardless of no longer having any relationship with Andromeda, was something Ronan could not understand. This was his son, and one day, he would be blessed with beautiful grandchildren; grandchildren that would call him uncle. Perhaps he would outlive Ha'an, and be able to reveal the secret to Remian then. But he worried that it would end his ties with both him, and his mother. She would have been appalled to know that her egg was not fertilized by the elf she loved, but rather someone she didn't know at all. Ronan had many secrets. And the only person that truly knew him, was Ha'an. He had taken Andromeda in, but he hadn't told her much about his past or where he came from.

"Would you look at that," He replied to Victoria with a sly grin, falling behind Remian, who had picked up his pace for one reason or another. The entrance to the city was near, and Ronan could already smell freshly baked goods, and hear the music that drifted from the town square. "I do clean up pretty well, don't I?" He winked at Victoria, and could sense his son shudder at the sound of his voice; there was much less gravel to it, then when he was in the form of a dragon. It sounded much more natural coming from elvish lips. "Just because my nephew declined, doesn't mean I will." Ronan was dressed in a black blouse, trousers, and boots; the simplest combination of clothing his mind could come up with. He had a rather thin frame, and the material felt comfortable enough.

He jumped up on the back of Victoria's stallion with ease, and slipped his arms around her body. It had been a long time since he held a woman, and he had to admit-- Remian didn't know what he was missing out on. Perhaps he was pushing the entire procreation thing too hard. But this woman was perfect. The boy was simply blind. He dropped his chin onto the Princess's shoulder and sighed. "So, do you even know where we're going?" But before anyone could respond, Victoria had taken off. She passed both Bishop and Remian, obviously fed up with the way the two of them were acting. And in honesty, Ronan couldn't blame her. This trip was turning out to be much less fun then he had hoped. Sure, the fate of the world was at hand, but this was the first time his son had been out in the world. He would have hoped that he could have at least seen some light in his eyes.

In addition, Remian insisted on wearing that mask. His mother had explained to him the reason behind it. But Ronan only found it foolish for her to condone his lack of confidence. He had no one to impress. If Ha'an didn't love him for who he was, then he wasn't worth the time or effort. "Hey, why don't you and I do our part by asking around the tavern?" His grin grew wider, as his grip became tighter. "We'll leave those two to sulk, and write in their journal."

The duo couldn't see Remian, but his anger was growing with every passing moment. He was tired of Victoria talking to him like he was some kind of peasant-- as if he wasn't putting his life on the line for a mistake her father and mother had made; they had inflicted this upon the very woman who bore him. And perhaps they weren't the only ones to blame, but right now, it didn't matter. He desired to put the pressure off on someone else for the moment, because he could barely contain his indigence. Remian jumped onto the back of Bishop's horse, as his wings spread at an almost violent velocity; they flapped once, and the stallion took off past the Princess and his uncle into the city. "Meet you back here at nightfall?" Ronan called, his voice dripping with humor. But Remian had nothing to say to either of them.

Once they had entered Salia and started on a slow trot passed a few of the townsfolk into the Square, the young bird dismounted the horse and walked beside it. "I apologize. I am just tired of being teased. I am use to my uncle, but him coupled with your sister is enough to make want to pull my own feathers out." He whispered, avoiding eye contact with the Prince.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Victoria felt a bitter sensation rest in the pit of her stomach upon seeing Remian join Bishop and gallop ahead of them into the city. Yet, it was hard to be kept in a foul mood for too long with the proposition of a drink having been put in front of her. Victoria did not at all seem to mind the closeness of Ronan nor his seemingly flirtatious manner as it wasn't too far from her own. And in that, she found comfort. "Who am I to deny a pretty face?" She chuckled and patted his cheek as the man's head rest upon her shoulder and gave Cato a slight bump on the sides with her heels. He broke into a trot in pursuit of Bishop's horse but she quickly led them down a different path in hopes of avoiding any further conversation with the two men. Bishop knew her well enough to know where to look if they found anything and she knew he would come and check on her within an hour or two even if he hadn't. Salia was a jovial place. One that she hoped would do well in exposing both Remian and her brother to a lighter mood and freeness of spirit. She knew that the first of the two was far too sheltered and seclusive to appreciate all that Salia had to offer. But she had not forgotten the promise she'd made to herself. She would break the man's outer shell, even if it left him hating her afterwords. For he and this city were much alike. Salia had years of despair, treachery, and damnation haunting its past and yet the kingdom had found a way to move on. Perhaps it was possible for Remian to do the same. What better place to start? "For one as polite as he is, he's certainly stubborn. Full of secrets and thoughts he refuses to share openly. Whether he fears doing so or simply finds those around him unworthy of knowing is irrelevant. But if he continues on this way he's going to die from a stroke at a young age. In all my days I have never seen someone so..... determined to live a life in solitude. He had to have had one friend. Anyone. A passerby, a whore, hell I would even settle with knowing the kid had a damn dog at some point." She shook her head in an attempt to free herself from the irrational and frustrating thoughts pertaining to Remian and hopped off her horse before tying Cato to a post outside of one of the first taverns they'd happened upon. And by the sound of the laughter, smashing of glasses, and shouts from within she could tell they were in for one hell of a ride.

Bishop on the other hand was much more preoccupied with calming Remian and reassuring him after the rather furious assault of words Victoria had thrown at him as well as the teasing of his uncle who Remian confirmed he did not entirely enjoy being berated by, especially combined with Victoria. It was true, the two of them were destined to wreck havoc if left alone for too long. And Bishop was slightly worried that their flirtatious nature might lead them into a whirlwind of trouble. It didn't take a genius to know where his sister's thoughts lie. And that was usually wherever the most men were. "No, no it's fine. I can understand the feeling..... Victoria is.... as abrasive as they come. And that's my way of putting it lightly. She does not fear speaking her mind and I'm afraid that's where the trouble lies with her. She's uncensored and without restraint as always..... But do not let that give you reason to think that she feels poorly of you. To be honest I've never seen her care enough to speak as much to anyone, albeit brutal in form. I think she's worried about you. Possibly envious." Realizing he might have openly implied something he ought not have, Bishop jumped to correct himself only to find that doing so was just as difficult as reciting an entire book by memory after not having read it for several years. "This is Victoria's first time being outside of our kingdom. She won't admit it, but I'm most certain that she is a bit wary if not afraid. She finds comfort in interacting with people. Blending in as quickly as possible by whatever means..... even if it involves associating with the opposite sex in a less than appropriate way. It's how she conforms. But she sees you and how resilient you are, how you hold yourself without the help of others and she yearns for that. I'm not saying I support her behavior. But I will admit that I've never moved to put a stop to it as I believe the only way she will learn is by figuring things out for herself. Unfortunately for you, she doesn't plan on giving you the same luxury."

He finished off with a sheepish smile hoping that Remian would understand at least some of what he'd meant. However, Bishop's ending statement had been a warning. As this was only beginning. He knew Victoria was likely planning ways to expose Remian to the world even now..... It was only made worse by the fact that she had Ronan at her disposal as well. "Hopefully some time away will allow them and you a bit of peace. I can only hope they are more productive than what I'm left to assume they are doing right about now." And Bishop had plenty of reason to worry. For as soon as Victoria had gotten through the door she'd already made up her mind that by no means was she going to leave this place with a dry throat and a kiss good night. And it seemed that the men and women at the bar were just as eager to welcome them. Victoria didn't waste a moment further choosing a place to sit and popped down next to the most muscular and ravenous eyed brute she'd laid eyes upon. Not nearly as appetizing to look at as Remian was, nor as strong, but she decided to banish such thoughts as soon as they'd gave way into her mind.

O U T F I T
User Image

Ronan was so thrilled to be in a bar with women, he didn't know what to do with himself. He knew that Victoria was upset with Remian and Bishop, but he wasn't sure what he could say to make things better on this end. He hadn't found anything the Princess had said or done offensive. If she wanted to make out with the cabin boy, what the hell was stopping her? Certainly not him, and for certain, not his son. The young bird couldn't very well go around telling royalty what to do. As it was obvious that her own father tried to turn a blind eye to the way that she was, due to obvious similarities. How could he reprimand his daughter for following his example?

Remian would simply have to grown up in his way of thinking. A kiss, nor sex, was for life. Not even marriage lasted that long. Ronan had never been in love, and didn't care to find himself in such a predicament. He liked to live life on the edge, and he did not fault Victoria for wanting to do so either. Still, he was the adult here. And he couldn't very well let her go running off into trouble. His relationship with Remian was already suffering, and did not want to end it by coming back with a dead girl-- or worse, no girl at all. He needed to keep his wits about him, he needed to-- "Hi, what's your name?" Came a soft purr on his left, as his lime green eyes immediately left Victoria and went to a thin brunette on his left. Her fingers were already moving up his arm, and suddenly he couldn't remember what he was thinking about.

"Available, what's yours?" He inquired with a cheeky grin, unable to help himself. Ronan may not have remembered who had accompanied him here. But he knew exactly who he was leaving with.

"Right now..." She cooed softly, leading him toward the bar for drinks. He followed in a bit of daze, remembering the days when he had been able to bed women morning, noon, and night. His life as the adviser to the King of the Dragons had consumed most of his time for fun, but his spirit had not been lost in the pursuit of a better life for his kind. He couldn't be himself around them, nor could he mate, or indulge in times like these. Part of him knew it was better that way. A spirit like his was rather destructive in any human-like body, especially his own.

In the meantime, Remian was having a hard time wrapping his mind around the information that Bishop had given so freely. Surely, Victoria did not want such knowledge divulged-- that is, unless she had no idea her brother knew that she felt such a way. The Prince was a prodigy after all, and likely very perceptive. He could see into the future, and had known his sister since her birth. He could probably deduced a thing or two, without being told. Just as Remian believed he knew more about his mother and uncle then they knew about themselves.

He was almost positive that Ronan was not just a dragon. At least not fully. He made the transformation far too easily, no matter how frequent. And seemed to know a good deal about his father, although supposedly he and Ha'an had just met when he came to dragon country in pursuit of the Phoenix for Cavril. Not everything about him added up, and Remian prided himself on being a rather astute young bird. Still, he did not push the subject. He didn't want for anything to be shared that wasn't done so willfully.

Despite the torment his uncle put him through, he had missed his presence in the fifteen years they had spent apart-- since the arrival of the souls. The two had a very deep connection, one different then that he built with his mother. He felt he could be himself around the dragon, and express his darkest concerns without judgement. Should he need to talk about a girl, that his mother would not approve of, or a change that his body was going through-- Ronan had always been there. To think that he could have someone by his side, that didn't have to be there, but chose to be, was nice.

The fact that Bishop tried and comfort him with his words, meant a great deal to Remian. "Then perhaps it is I who should envy her. I was taught to be reserved, and kindhearted since I hatched from my mother's egg." He drew a deep breath, having a brief look around at the array of shops that surrounded them. There were merchant tables plotted down on the path, and tents as well, all offering trinkets and wares for purchase. He had been so angry, that he hadn't the chance to truly take in the sites.

The sun was relatively high in the sky, and it would be a few hours before dusk. "If you are left to assume that they are running around with the opposite sex, getting intoxicated, and starting bar fights, then let me confirm your assumptions; that is exactly what they are doing." Remian drew an exasperated breath, trying not to think on the subject for too long. "However, that does not mean you and I can not make use of the time."

He wanted to offer kind words to the Prince, but he had none. The young bird had no faith that his uncle, or Victoria, could override their need for pleasure, in order to get down to business. "I have always wanted to visit a library." Remian said, glancing up at his companion with a bit more light in his eyes and color in his tanned face. "It is possible to enjoy oneself in the company of books, and learn something at the same time. Maybe we could find a thing or two about Olivera there?" He asked hopeful that Bishop would comply.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Bishop's eyes softened in hearing how it was that Remian was raised and nodded slowly in understanding. It was difficult to see the benefit in how he behaved without having been able to partake in the fruition of such values in the outside world. He'd been taught a certain way, yes, but for what? His mother had not allowed him the luxury of leaving their abode and therefore he was left with no one to whom he could express such behavior nor to whom he could relate to. Much like his sister, Bishop too hoped to see the day when Remian found happiness. Not for his own satisfaction. But to know that the Phoenix offspring had found enjoyment in his life and as a result his restless spirit would be put at ease. "Such qualities aren't necessarily your undoing. In a world such as this there can never be too many kindhearted people. Every parent wishes to teach their children the ways of which the world is lacking. There is goodness in you, both inherited and taught. Now it is only a matter of being able to show others as much and find who you are without the persuasion of those around you. We all need a chance at discovery." He said with a smile. Unfortunately he did not find as much comfort in having his fears reassured. Bishop trusted Victoria's ability to defend herself but to a degree. She was a wild woman who knew not what damage the words that came out her mouth could do. Should she choose to speak as freely as she had with Remian and he, he doubted she would go without incident. "I suppose you're right. Hopefully they do well in looking out for one another. There is an old saying about two heads being better than one.... Perhaps two misguided and foolish ones will equate to that of a logical one?" Bishop shrugged as the worry grew but thankfully Remian managed to remedy his mind of such thoughts with the mention of literature..... and the heavenly building that held such resources. "Agreed. Salia's library is bound to have records of some sort. And plenty of other things to help pass the time. Who knows, maybe we might also find something pertaining on how to deal with overbearing relatives." It wasn't much of a joke, as he rarely attempted to make as much. Victoria had always been the 'funny' one. But it was something. And right now it felt nice to be able to spend time with someone with the same interests. In fact, Bishop was quite certain he might have found a friend in Remian.

Victoria, however, was making friends of a different sort. The man sitting next to her hadn't needed too much persuading until the two had begun to strike up conversation over trivial matters. It had helped that a bar fight had broken out on the other side of the room for the two of them to laugh over until their eyes found one another and their lips met. Ronan had gone rather quickly but she did not find fault in having done as much. She would have done the same given the chance, albeit a different end entirely. She spent the majority of her time without words in the man's presence as the two of them worked their way into a secluded corner off to the side of the bar. Sadly their fun came to a halt when one of the bar patrons carried the fight a little too close, knocking over their drinks and tossing a drunk their way. He stumbled upright and upon meeting Victoria's narrowed gaze he moved closer, pointing a finger at her accusingly. "Your that girl..... The one from Sonitus... Yeah that's right! The daughter of the man who saved this s**t hole!" The man she'd been preoccupying shifted uncomfortably and cast her a suspicious look. His hands slowly slipping away from the side of her face and the middle of her back. "Sonitus? A royal?" He asked in disbelief. She frowned as she searched for a way to explain the man's gibberish but for once found herself speechless. "Yeah, she's a royal alright. But look at her now! Nothin but a filthy whore in the slums of Salia. How bout a kiss?" The man's alcohol riddled breath flooded her nostrils as her eyes brimmed with the fire of the gods. The drunk pursed his lips and made the sounds one might use to beckon a mutt, taunting her. And she succumbed to the rage built within. "You [******** piece of s**t!" Victoria hurled her body at the man, taking him to the ground and bludgeoning his face with her fists. She paid no mind to the men cheering her on nor the look of calm disposition served by the man who had been kissing her moments ago. It felt as if every fiber within her was going to erupt as the man's words flooded her thoughts. Ringing out like a bad melody. Whore whore whore whore whore whore. And when the anger finally eased in the slightest it was then that she realized...... She had armed herself.

The other customers had fallen into a hushed silence and she could feel the hilt of her father's blade firmly pressed against her palm as the other end wedged into the wood next to the beaten man's face. He held up his hands shakily and off in the distance she could hear the sound of the tavern door closing behind a patron who sought it fit to leave in that moment. Her face burned with anger but nonetheless she removed her weapon without further incident and beckoned it to return. The blade disintegrated as the eyes of those around her averted and the low hum of voices returned followed by the clinking of glasses as everyone slowly returned to what they'd been doing. Looking back, she saw that her 'date' had vanished. Without anyone to distract her and the desire to be in the company of a man having gone, Victoria did the only thing she felt right at that time. She left. The woman hauled herself off the drunk man and made for the door and just as quickly mounted Cato. She knew that Ronan had unfinished business and unless his plans changed she needn't worry about his whereabouts nor did she wish to be a third wheel. And so with a bottle in hand Victoria lopped down the roads of Salia, following the array of people going about their way and giving no heed to where she was heading. She didn't know where the others were. Nor did she care. For at this point she wished for no man to see her this way. There were few things that managed to break down her rough and blunt exterior but being labeled as a whore.... and being announced as a royal in front of another..... it had been too much. The anger from earlier had still been brimming and that combined with the alcohol and the harsh words of the drunk gentlemen followed by the look of rejection handed unto her once her identity had been revealed was like unleashing all of her fears at once. What she needed now was an inn to rest her head and time to shake off her clouded judgment.

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian heard Bishop's joke. And although it wasn't a good one, it was very obvious that the young bird had found humor it in. He let out a huff of air, and felt the edges of his lips curve into a smile, as he looked away from his new companion and shook his head at the ground. "I doubt there is a book for such things. Which is ironic, given that I learned most of what I know from the pages of one." His voice came down to a whisper, knowing that both he and Bishop held heavy hearts. He knew that Bishop worried about his sister, but there was also the matter of his aunt's grimoire. The Prince was being introduced to a magic that had drove his birth parents away. Surely it was dangerous, as he had been told all his life that he needed to stay away from such things. And yet, here he was, actively pursuing that which could be his undoing, when he had many years of living ahead of him.

Still, Remian did not doubt his ability to subdue whatever ill feelings and urges the magic brought upon him. And if he could not, then the bird would be here to make sure that he did not push himself beyond his limits. Finding Daemos was important, but he would not allow him to give his sanity for the sake of a location spell. There were other ways to find a man. If this did not work, Remian would track down the son of a b***h, the only fashioned way. He and Ronan would prowl the skies of each Kingdom until they located him. He would not give up his pursuit, but he would not force his first friend to suffer either. Bishop was brave for agreeing to do such a thing, although Remian did not know his father, just from hearing about the man's sacrifice, he could see that they were very much alike. He was certainly nothing like the elf who had raised him. And it was a good thing. He didn't think he was capable of surviving this trek with more than one Victoria lurking about.

"Then let us be on our way." Remian said, his tone holding a bit of amusement, as he took one of the reins belonging to his horse and started them on their way toward one of the main paths which was connected to the square. He stopped at one of the tables, where an old bearded man was setting up his display. "Excuse me good sir, I was wondering if you knew where the cities archive is located?"

The elder, who was warped in a great deal of material for the warm weather, began talking softly to himself as if he was trying to recall, still working on making his wares presentable. "Ah yes! I think it's not far from here. Down that road there--" The man suddenly realized who he was talking to and stopped what he was doing momentarily. His eyes fell over Remian's dark feathers, as the words were taken right from his mouth; he had began to point, but now he seemed frozen in both fear and excitement. "Are those for sale young man?"

"No sir, they are not. Unfortunately, they are connected to my back."

"I...I have never seen anything like it." Remian felt his heartbeat speed up; he had been afraid of drawing unwanted attention, or scaring off those who could be of service to him. "So beautiful..." He whispered, his outstretched hand moving to run over the anomaly.

His words were like a knife, that plunged into his heart. But in a very good way. No one had ever seemed to find anything about him physically appealing. If they had, they had never said so. "Thank you..."

The man quickly pulled his hand away and smiled. "Did you want to buy anything sonny?"

Remian's eyes fell to the table, filled with different things. The man had been so kind that the young bird didn't want to present himself rude. As he had told Bishop, it was becoming of him to be kind to those who showed him favor. And even those who did not. He thought that perhaps it was time he tried to prove his gratitude for Victoria saving his life, since her brother had made it clear that she had actually been worried about him-- and hadn't only been concerned about practicing her elvish magic. "This." He whispered softly, reaching out for the pink flowered hairpin that lay on the maroon cloth of the merchant's table. Remian quickly slipped it into his pocket and removed a few coins for the man.

He took them and nodded his head in gratitude several times before pointing back behind them toward a different path. "That way to the archives."

Thankful for the assistant, he pulled the horse back around and started them off the cobblestone road onto a dirt path, which lead them up toward a dead end; the building seemed to cut the street off and the doors were opened wide to allow them to entrance.

Meanwhile, Ronan was hauled up in the bathroom of the tavern with the very pretty woman who he had met upon entering the establishment, and was just getting his hands positioned right when he heard something outside of the door-- silence. He knew that in a place like this, in the middle of the day, such was unheard of. And as much as he wanted to finish what he had started here, with what was arguably the most beautiful woman he had ever seen-- he had responsibilities. Victoria was alone in a bar full of drunken men, and his son would never forgive him if he allowed anything to happen to her. Therefore, he kissed the brunette's forehead and mouth quickly with an apologetic breath. "My daughter in law may be in a bit of a tiff...we'll have to resume this another time." She pouted at him, her sparkling emerald eyes pleading for him to stay. "Oh gods, don't do that lady." He groaned, almost melting as she reached for his arm, but he was already gone.

Slipping out of the cramped quarters and into the hallway, he peered into the main room of tavern. Victoria had been pounding on the face of a man, who had likely said something she did not like-- but she was now armed. Her father's sword glinted, in the dimly lit bar as she quickly returned it to whence it came. And then she made her leave. Ronan growled, and looked up toward the heaven's begging the gods to bring her back so that he could return to the woman in the bathroom. But after a moment or two passed, he jogged from his corner and out of the building, his eyes looking down the path to find Victoria. He caught up with her, eventually, but hung back a bit not to startle her. "Are you alright, kid?" He asked softly, his hand reaching for her shoulder and resting there for comfort. "Let's find an Inn. I could use a nap..." He offered kindly. Remian had all the coin, but he would be willing to foot the bill later; that was just the kind of bird he was.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

The library was a splendor in itself. Lined from wall to wall with thousands upon thousands of pages ranging from fiction, to the history of Salia, even maps pertaining to the construction of the city before Olivera’s arrival. Important documents were set on the bottom floor in a smaller more secluded and maintained area with staff lingering close by. Bishop had been allowed access into the room under supervision but found that most of these documents were mere contracts and treaties signed by the new king as well as construction orders for the areas in which Salia had expanded and after hours of searching the shelves outside of the room he’d begun to lose hope….. That is….. until a light haired older gentlemen presented himself and offered his help should they need it. After further conversation the elder revealed that he had been present during the time of Olivera’s rule and had paid witness to the descent of Salia in the wake of her demise. Together the three went about one final search of what the man now claimed was one of only two remaining history books detailing the layout of the city and the events of her rule. And upon finding it Bishop found it was much more than what they could have hoped for. Documentation of her home had been kept within the yellow, aged pages as well as first hand accounts from several occupants of Salia during the time of the plague cast upon them. Sketches, journal entries, the book had it all. Unfortunately, being one of only two books of its kind meant that lending it out was unlikely and so they were left with no other option than to transfer the location of the Witch’s home onto a newer map then and there. It took a great deal of time and two sessions of recollection later for the elder and the men to pinpoint the correct location depicted from the older map onto the newer one. And even in doing so, there was no promise of complete accuracy. But it was a start. ”Thank you. I can’t begin to express how much this means to us.”

”Oh but I know all too well. I know a determined face when I see one. You two are bright young boys. And I wish you luck in your search. Be careful lads. There is no telling what darkness lies in a place like that. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the king has put it under close supervision.” He hadn't thought about that prior to having met the man, but Bishop could understand why the king might have chosen to do as much. After having suffered beneath Olivera for so long and falling victim to the woman's wrath, what king wouldn't want to prevent such damage from ever having reoccurred? Victoria may have very well been right albeit for a different reason. Olivera's absence may not have been enough to comfort the people of Salia and in an attempt to control whatever darkness was left within the confines of her home, patrols or even a barrier may have been placed around it. They would need to be prepared for whatever obstacles they were to face in approaching such a place and might very well need the permission of the king in order to surpass it. Something Bishop intended on speaking about with the entire group once they managed to regroup. "How did you like it? I know it's new so they're probably still adding to it. But I think it was a good place to start. Did you find anything of interest?" He asked as he mounted Icarus and the two began to stray from the library back towards the main road into the city. Despite the time consuming process of seeking out the information of the home's whereabouts Bishop had managed to pry away at a few other covers. Most containing depictions of legendary creatures throughout the land. One of which spoke of the phoenix although it most certainly did not look anything the way Remian did, much to Bishop's amusement. It was strange how skewed one's perception could be by the tales of men..... There had been one other book...... detailing the the studies of a physician's findings in having observed infants stricken by blindness. A man of heavy belief that such handicaps were the result of exposure to magic. An absurd belief in its own but a theory Bishop found interesting in Odette's case. It made him wonder..... It also made him yearn to hear her.

Unfortunately his time with Remian had a limit and no sooner had they left the library behind did they bump into two familiar faces. One of which seemed slightly put off. Much more than usual. "Victoria?" Bishop called suspiciously as his sister looked up from her now empty bottle and drummed her fingertips against its smooth surface in a clearly agitated fashion. "What?" She squinted as she attempted to focus on who it was that had called her name and upon recognizing her brother, her face lit up in delight. "Bishop!" She squealed and began clambering sloppily off her horse, her brother doing the same although far more gracefully. "We were going to get a room. In an inn. Separate rooms..... Oh look you have a friend." Victoria moved over towards Remian and grabbed his face gently with one hand while the other stroked his hair lazily. "Isn't he pretty Ronan? Look at how pretty he is. Not like the drunks, this one." Bishop grimaced and gently removed his sister's hands from Remian before turning her face in one of his. "You're drunk...." Victoria glared at him and scowled as she slapped his hand away, pulling back as if he'd deeply offended her in stating her intoxication. "Barely. Not that you wouldn't know. Don't act like you didn't see it coming." But Bishop did not react in regards to her accusation. It wouldn't be the first time he'd foreseen something like this occurring. But to say he did so now was far fetched and illogical. She would never had cared so much about him having known as much before hand..... Something had changed? "What happened?" His voice had become slightly more stern but Victoria gave no notice and instead looked away promptly with her arms crossed. "If you don't know then you never will. And if you do..... Well then you're just being an a*****e by asking." Without further explaining herself she moved back towards her horse and began jumping up in an attempt to mount it only to underestimate the height of the steed, repeatingly doing so until she at last gave up and stood next to it without the sense to even be embarrassed by her actions.

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian was happy to have Bishop along. For once he found his way inside of the large building, he thought he would never again find his way out. Salia's archives were abundant with historical records, birth certificates, and journals brimming the bookshelves that covered every inch of the once visible walls. The scene itself was overwhelming, and to actually have a task with no where to start felt terribly daunting to the young bird. Even Bishop seemed a bit frustrated with the amount of information they would need to sift through to find exactly what they were seeking out, but luckily, the workers of such an establishment weren't too far off.

It was strange that their intentions weren't questioned, especially since Olivera was such a powerful woman, and there was no telling what they could find hidden in her home. But once the older gentlemen had spoken up, Remian knew all too well why such information wasn't kept under lock and key. The King had his eye on this piece of property. He likely had the place booby-trapped should any try and procure anything from the witches home. Unfortunately, that wasn't going to be enough to keep them away. Although, he did worry about news of their inquiry in the library getting to the King's ears before they had even gotten a chance to properly locate the whereabouts-- using the newer map they had requested.

It was likely they could meet up with royal forces and be thrown in jail for treading on such thin ice. Not only that, but word of the departure of the Prince and Princess of Sonitus may have traveled by now. And it wouldn't be a surprise if word of Bishop's real heritage was well known in a city like this-- one that had suffered for so long under the rule of his aunt. There was no way that this trip to Olivera's was going as planned. Cavril had made it sound easy, but Remian had already established that he wasn't exactly the most upfront and honest man when it came to certain things. Not only that, but the young bird knew a great deal about the Keeper's past. He hoped he wasn't merely a pawn in his plan. And that Phineus' idea to go to him for assistance didn't put his mother in even greater danger.

Now that Cavril was had the authority he had been seeking long ago, Remian didn't believe that his mother's powers could be of any use to him. Unfortunately, he would never know the real motives behind any of these people. Perhaps he was just paranoid, but that wasn't always a bad thing. Regardless, he put on a brave face for Bishop. Whatever happened, he would not let any harm come to his companions. That is, if Ronan hadn't already gotten Victoria into a heap of trouble. Only a few hours had passed since they had separated from them, and Remian could only pray that more time would be needed for shenanigans to ensue. The two were likely still at the bar, so tracking them down wouldn't too difficult.

The duo left the archive with exactly what they had come for, and a few extras to keep them busy whilst they were hauled up in an Inn for the night. He preferred not to do too much travel by the light of the moon, it could be deceptive. He had learned such when he and Ha'an trekked the woods outside of Ashu. Although this wasn't a forest by any means, they had no idea where they were going just yet. And it would be much easier to find their way in the morning. After last nights fiasco, he could have used some time alone to read. It had been four days since he had met these people, and eleven since had left the warmth of his castle. He missed the comfort that the pages of a book could bring to his unsettled mind.

So when when Bishop spoke, he nodded vigorously, tapping the burlap bag he had thrown over his shoulder. "There was a book about the Temple, the one your aunt Kadavera takes up residence in. I was interested in what lay and wait there for us when we arrive. I assume that being granted passage is something that does not occur often. I am not exactly pure of heart." He spoke softly, his voice echoing in his mask. Remian wondered if Bishop had found anything of interest, but before he could ask, he spotted Victoria and Ronan not too far off. Her brother called for her, and eventually, she came out of her drunken stupor long enough to acknowledge him.

His uncle rode behind her, grinning sly as the Princess slid of the horse to greet Bishop. Remian had to admit her being intoxicated was the least of his worries. At least he had kept an eye on her. And that was all he could ask for. However, he wasn't particularly happy with perpetually being the target for her antics. He was already well aware that this woman had no respect for his personal space, and so when she approached, wreaking of alcohol, and proceeded to stoke his strawberry locks-- he was not at all surprised. Remian raised a curious eyebrow as he looked down at her; not considering what she had said a compliment, but as more mocking. Ronan however, could only laugh. "He is very pretty, wait until puts on that dress we bought him."

It was obvious, even if Victoria didn't want it to be, that she was upset about something. But it seemed to be something she didn't want to talk about. However, his uncle was more than happy to share. "Small bar fight. But she's fine. Handled it like a pro."

Remian's brows knitted together in disbelief. "You let her get into a fight?"

"I didn't let her do anything." Ronan replied. "It was more of a one sided kind of thing. Her fist in someone else's face."

"Incredible." The young bird hissed removing his bag and securing it on the back of Bishop's horse before he pointed behind him. "Get down."

"Oh come on now--"

"I said get down. You get to walk now."

"Oh no dad, don't make me walk." Ronan pleaded, his expression never faltering from a smug grin as he jumped down, just as Victoria was trying to get up.

Remian watched painfully, as she tried several times, only to give up on the task. He soon approached her, slipping his hand under her legs, as the other gripped her back and tossed her up onto the horse without much effort at all. He then mounted the steed behind Victoria, his arm slipping underneath hers, as his palm landing promptly between her legs on the saddle-- to keep her from being able to wriggle away from him. His large body towered over hers as he reached for the reins with his free hand and gestured with a jerk of his head for Bishop to follow.

A few minutes passed before they approached a sturdy stone building, which was well decorated and bustling with visitors moving in and out. A middle aged woman rushed up to the four right away; her smile couldn't be more inviting. "We are the most luxurious Inn in Salia! And we'll be sure to make your stay here an unforgettable one for the right price!" Her eyes showed a bit of nervousness as she looked at Remian. He didn't release Victoria, but he did let go of the reins and reach into the pocket of his trousers. From it, he removed a ruby, one that could only be found in Ashu, and offered it to her. Her smile vanished for a moment, as she blinked several times at the jewel incredulously. "Oh please!" She cried, her face lighting up ten times brighter. "Right this way! Right this way! We have the perfect room for you all."

"I'd like to know where her room is..." Ronan said, titling his head whilst he watched her backside, as she scurry off inside.

"Just...incredible." Remian muttered under his breath, finally jumping down from the horse to allow Bishop and Victoria to be on their way to the stable.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Victoria did not resist Remian’s help nor was she entirely capable of registering what was happening as he picked her up. She looked at the man with a pout and opened her mouth to further inquire as to what it was he was doing only to be tossed atop Cato and firmly put in her place. Victoria looked down at the muscular arm preventing her from jostling about and pushed her palms against it, gently testing how reliable it was as if it were nothing more than a post, something inanimate and detached from his person completely. It didn’t take long before the lot began to move down the road in hopes of finding an inn willing enough to accommodate the strange group. Fortunately, it didn’t take long. Whether by coincidence or sheer luck Victoria was pleased to see someone so eager to take them in. And although intoxicated, gratitude was not beyond her. She watched as the middle aged woman went about making an exchange with Remian and laughed giddily in hearing Ronan’s remark, thoroughly amused with the dragon as always. ”I don’t suppose she’d be needing a hefty tip if you did.” Remian on the other hand wasn’t nearly as thrilled with Ronan’s behavior and went on expressing as much in subtle rebukes before dismounting Cato and allowing her and Bishop to take the horses to the stable. Her brother was silent for the most part as they lead the two down the side of the building and around back. But as soon as they reached the seclusion of the stables and began unsaddling the horses for the night, he jumped at the opportunity and found it as good as any to bring up what had transpired in the bar. ”Were you hurt any?” Victoria sneered as she averted her gaze and further expressed her discontent in speaking on the matter by focusing solely on the task of unbraiding Cato’s now wavy mane and running her fingers through it. ”Do I look hurt to you?” Bishop sighed in defeat and gave a shrug, his hands slapping against his trousers as he accentuated his bewilderment. ”No….. You look-“

”What? I look like what?” But Bishop knew that whatever he said at this point would only be ignored. So he decided to use a different approach. ”Mom waited twenty years…… twenty years to hear dad say he loved her. And the look on her face when he finally did…. Victoria maybe if you waited for somebody to look at you the way mom and dad look at each other, or love you the way they do, then you might not always feel the need to be accepted by every man who happens to glance your way. Who knows, you might even find that it was worth the wait.” She wasn’t sure how to respond. And so she didn’t. Instead Victoria stormed off ahead of him in pursuit of Remian and Ronan with Bishop hot on her heels as he attempted to keep up with her. The two followed in silence as the woman then led them to their room. Had Victoria anything to say after that, it was forgotten as soon as the doors opened to reveal their suite. It was a large, spacious room that would have accommodated well over the quantity their group provided, and then some. Large glowing bulb like lanterns hung from chains and illuminated the room with a light that sent warmth throughout her body. Cushions were strewn about the bedding, seating, and platform as did containers of burning aroma sticks that only helped to lure her in all the more. Her eyes softened as she spotted one bed in particular, its fabric reminding her of that used in their own home. ”Praise the gods.” She groaned and threw herself into the luxurious comforts of the bedding and before long, the princess was fast asleep.

Sadly pleasure only managed to last for so long and somewhere during the hours of the night she managed to re-awaken to a sound that only trained ears could pick up on……. Music. In her groggy state Victoria was able to haul herself from where she slept and towards the window across the room where Remian lay, rubbing her eyes sullenly. It was then that she was abruptly tugged out of her drowsiness by the sight of not one, nor two, but three couples running hand in hand towards a small building that practically spewed with light upon having the doorway opened. Joyous melodies erupted from the structure alongside the distinct sound of merry laughter in what Victoria could only assume was a pub that had broken into celebration for one reason or another. It would be a tedious chore, trying to fall back asleep knowing that such events were happening just yonder their window. And after having her night ruined by the drunk in the tavern south of the inn, she couldn't help but feel as if she'd been robbed of her one night to enjoy herself In Salia. Ronan too had abandoned his time of freedom for her sake. The guilt of having made him do as much had yet to wash from her. And so with every intention of waking the man to come join her in the festivities, Victoria turned and started for Ronan's bed. But she never made it that far. For as soon as she did so her eyes lay upon the slumbering form of his nephew. She'd promised both the man and herself that she would expose him to all the world had to offer. And yet, thus far all he had managed to do was scout out a library. One of the least sociable and exciting places in all the city. Although he seemed happy with the time spent there, Victoria knew that it would do little for him. No, Remian needed to learn how to have fun. To find passion within him, to dance, to laugh....... to smile. What better way to teach him as much than in the night at a pub in a foreign city? "Remian. Remian! Gods, please wake up!" She hissed in an urgent tone and gave the man's shoulders a firm shake. And the more she did so, the more she believed that this was indeed an emergency. His future happiness was at stake.

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian was pleased with the room. It was nothing like any of the other places he had stayed. Granted, they all were nice, but none were as inviting as this. He did not doubt that it was the most expensive Inn in the city, and he had gotten it for a single ruby from his castle. There were many where that came from, although people outside of the Volcano would not have known it. He assumed in a place like this, such a sparkling gem would fetch a pretty penny, and it seemed he was right. Albeit, the young bird had been hoping for separate rooms. Still, he couldn't fault the woman, as he hadn't exactly opened his mouth to specify his desires, mostly because he had no idea how transactions like these worked in the real world. No one else complained, and so it was probably best that they didn't split up, even if the city did seem rather benign.

Remian took up comfort on one of the cushion maroon colored couches in the lower part of the room, with his bag, which he had almost forgotten to snatch from Bishop's horse before he put it away in the stables. He was happy he hadn't, since almost everyone had gone to sleep as soon as they entered the abode. It hadn't exactly been a long day, but after last night it wasn't likely that anyone rested well whilst the merchant crew of the Night's Edge worked on the ship. The vessel had taken quite a few critical hits, and would probably be in the Salia port for the next few days for repair.

Remian was actually hoping to find Olivera's home as quickly as possible and fly to temple without being too much trouble on the captain. He seemed like a very kindhearted man; one who didn't often use the word no. And he couldn't be quite sure if that was a good or a bad thing. He certainly didn't want to be anybody's burden. The reason for the attack last night hadn't exactly been obvious, and he didn't wish to cause the crew anymore problems-- despite paying Casey fairly well for his services. Remian was stuck between being considerate, and getting this journey over with as fast as possible. He had to admit thought, it was nice to be in the company of others when there wasn't any talking going on.

Ronan had gone off into the corner by the window and fallen asleep in the sill just as the sun was falling below the horizon; Victoria had dropped down on the nearest bed. And Bishop had gone off to scourer the pages of whatever books he had found at the library. Remian could only hope it made for a good conversation. When it came to Victoria, the young bird knew he needed to better control himself. He didn't want to her brother to think that he was trying to keep her from doing the things that made her happy. But certainly he had to understand the pressure that both Alexander and Cavril had put on him to bring them both back safely. He hadn't been in a bar fight before, but he knew that good people did not spend there time in such places whilst the sun was still up.

Perhaps his concern seemed ingenuous given the things that happened between him and the Princess. But despite not liking the woman, he surely would never wish to see any harm come to her. Remian may have had no remorse for those he killed, and was a bit desensitized to things that most people considered to be horrific, but he was not a monster-- he was far from it. Should he have to witness the suffering of any of the three he was traveling with, it would break his heart. On the other hand, he couldn't be so sure the same went for Victoria. Yes, she had saved his life. Maybe she had even been worried; but how much could a woman who liked to torment him, really care about his well being?

Remian tried not to dwell on the question for too long. He found the sofa, and sat down, taking up most of the two person seat on his own, and placed his bag on the ground, sifting through it for the book. But he found it hard to focus, even with the silence in the room. His mind traveled back to his mother. Regardless of her acting like she didn't enjoy his company anymore, he knew that wasn't entirely true. There were moments when he saw the old her trying to breakthrough. He couldn't help but wonder how she was doing; and not too much more time passed before he was asleep with the book face down in his lap. His eyes had been feeling heavy, to the point where he was no longer able to resist.

Unfortunately, he wasn't able to stay in a restful state. A few hours passed before his ears perked at the sound of a familiar voice-- that of Victoria. She was hissing in his direction like a serpent, and his eyes shot open in alarm. Remian sat forward, as his wings springing free of the couch and spanned beyond it, causing a wind to ruffle through the room-- touching every piece of lose fabric in the vicinity, and causing an eerie noise. His hand immediately reached out and grabbed that of her wrist as he stood up. He was already fearing that she was hurt, or had left while he was asleep and been followed back to the Inn.

"What? What is it?" He whispered, sure not to wake the others, if it were a false alarm. "Are you alright?" Remian's grip wasn't too tight, but it wasn't exactly gentle either, as he pulled her into chest and lifted her chin with the other hand to look her over. His amber eyes trailed her neck and chest momentarily, before he drew a sigh of relief. She was not injured. As soon as his fingers dropped from her face, they fell to his hip. He snatched the pole from his side, then with a flick of his wrist it was full sized; he was ready to protect her, should worse come to worse.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

His reflexes were amazing and his aim, incredible. Almost too incredible. In the short amount of time it had taken for Remian to awaken he had somehow managed to not only subdue Victoria within his grasp but arm himself as well. She could hear the click of his staff in his hand and feel his muscles tense after having removed his hand from her face. But Victoria remained frozen on the spot. ”I uhm…..” She was without an excuse. It was a half assed plan if there ever was one and Victoria couldn't help but feel somewhat foolish for having pursued this without thinking ahead. She could feel the rhythm of his heart as her palm pressed against his chest and her fingertips gently dragged over his skin as she closed her hand into a fist, pushing off him just enough to where there was some space between them to recollect her scattered thoughts. She needed to say something. And fast. "I saw Daemos." It was by far the worst lie she'd ever told but in doing so she knew that there was no taking it back. The best she could do was roll with the punches at this point. "Across the street. He ran into a pub. I don't suppose he knows we're here and I think it best to keep it that way. If we're lucky we can sneak up on him and get a closer look. He won't recognize me nor you. But my brother..... I fear his souls might sense his presence as well as your uncle's." The more lies rolled off her tongue, the better she played it off. It was a poor story all together but she was betting on Remian's goodness of heart to be gullible enough to believe it, paired with his lack of sleep of course. Instead of fighting Remian's hold on her Victoria slipped her hands around the rim of the metal belt like armor strapped around his mid section and used her weight to pivot them off the sofa and onto their feet, her eyes desperately searching for something else to look at other than the gloriously tanned skin presented before her. She'd been right. The man at the bar wasn't nearly as muscular.

"We must make.... haste!" Haste? Victoria was baffled by her sudden change in grammar as well as the sudden strength she found as she began relentlessly tugging on Remian's arm and leading him towards the door. What she'd really meant to say was 'Get the ******** out the door right now before the b*****d gets away' but for some reason she didn't think that he would take her as seriously. No, Remian seemed much more taken to those of a softer nature. Like her brother. The difference between them was night and day and in observing this she'd come to the conclusion that if she wanted Remian to do anything she wanted, she would need to do as Bishop had suggested and behave a bit nicer. Unfortunately she'd never been one to take other's advice. "We need to get moving." She didn't wait for him to respond at this point and grabbed Remian's hand in her own before slipping around the obstacle course of shadowed furniture before making it too the doorway. She made diligent work in opening it as quietly as possible and shutting it behind them after having exited the room before proceeding to lead Remian out into the lobby, exiting the front doors, and making their way onto the open road where the music of the pub became much more clearer. People were still filtering into the structure and with each swing of the door her ears were flooded with the melodious sound of laughter, enjoyment, and music, all of which was dripping with intoxication. It was perfect. "This way." She said with a smile and continued to drag him along without so much as stopping before barreling through the doorway into what could only be described as one of the happiest sights she'd ever had the pleasure of seeing. Men and women danced around the room in a circular pattern whilst the band played at the other end of the pub. Drinks were being spilled across the floor and those who weren't taking part in the merriment of dance were clapping to the rhythm of the song weaving throughout the room. At the bar many sat laughing til tears streaked their faces and a few had even gone so far as to dance in the fashion of the can can on the counter tops.

Victoria was pleased with having gotten Remian this far but knew she was now due for an explanation. One pertaining to the truth. "I suppose I didn't see him after all. Must be my mind playing tricks on me." She said slyly and looked up at the man with a grin that stretched from ear to ear as she released his hand and crossed her arms in front of her. "Look, I know it's late. And I know I'm the last person you want to be spending the night with. But I promised to show you what it was like to live. To experience the world first hand even if it left you hating me. Well here is your chance no? Look at these people. Look at the way they smile and laugh. You just know that they're happy.... that they're having fun. Now it's your turn. There are plenty of women in here who would jump at the chance to speak with a bachelor like yourself who's just been pushed out of the nest, so to speak. Consider this your first lesson." She said with the wave of a hand and went up behind him before giving a bump with her hip to propel him forward. "Dance."

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian was suspicious. Victoria hadn't exactly gone into detail about where, or how she had managed to catch sight of Daemos. Nor was he aware that she even knew what the man looked like, given the fact that she had been born after he was cast out of Sonitus. In addition, she seemed distracted when he inquired about what was wrong. With the way the Princess had attempted to put space between them, Remian thought perhaps he had invaded her personal space, but given the dire circumstance, he doubted that such should have been of any concern to her. She could reprimand him later.

Fortunately, she seemed to pull it together in due time, tugging on the metal belt her wore around his waist, in the hopes of getting him to the proper destination quickly. He did not lag behind, nor did he try to lead the way. There were several things he needed to focus on at a moment like this, and the first was keeping his wings from smacking into every single thing they passed. His heart was pounding in his throat at the thought of coming face to face with their enemy this early in the journey-- and he worried about Victoria being able to defend herself should he be overwhelmed by whatever forced Daemos had at his disposal.

Victoria had indeed proven that she could handle herself in a fight, however, this was not just any enemy. If even Cavril thought Daemos a formidable opponent, then indeed he was. Remian could not take lightly the threat of an malicious man. Which made him wonder why he would run into a place full of people. By now, his identity had probably spread throughout the Land. Unfortunately, he didn't have much time to piece everything together, because next thing he knew they were fleeing into the street-- out of the doors of the Inn.

It was a particularly beautiful night, only enhanced by the sounds of melodic tunes, coupled with joyous laughter and merriment. Remian's ears practically yearned to hear such things, as his life had hadn't been filled with much happiness. He was more content with having both his parents around. Fun was not something his mother allowed him to have much of, since she believed hers stories pleased him enough. And they had, before he knew what the world had to offer. The idea of going back to the Volcano now, wasn't nearly as appealing. Should he have had his choice, he would have found a nice place by the river to live. Water was not only beautiful, but relaxing, and he didn't find himself needing company, since he had lived without it for so long.

Victoria was nearing the pub, with him still in tow, so to speak; and barreled into the door as if an army was going to be waiting for them. But as his amber eyes scanned the area, he saw nothing suspicious-- rather, he thought the scene shocking. She continued to pull him forward as he took in the surroundings; half naked women, drunken men, strange movements, and kissing-- there was a great deal of kissing-- some females were slouched in the laps of whomever they could find, their lips assaulting each other in what Remian would only describe as a appalling fashion. It wasn't long until she stopped him. And he found he was already winded by the unfamiliar territory.

"I did not see anyone suspicious, then again, I do not know what the man looks--" Suddenly she was speaking. The young bird's gaze found hers quickly, trying to focus on what she was saying over the mindless banter and frequent cheers of the people surrounding them; there was a mixture of young and old, appealing and not so much. And that was when he realized that they weren't here for Daemos.

How gullible he had been! Concerned with her safety, only to find her mocking him again! He was so angry he didn't know what to do with himself. Remian wanted to take her face between both his hand and squeeze it until it popped. But she was moving, and he as soon as he reached out to grab her, he found himself stumbling into the middle of the chaos. Oh how he was tired of this badgering! He had merely one night's rest, a moment to-- "I am so sorry, I did not mean to..." His eyes fell upon a girl unexpected in a place like this. She was fully clothed in a brown dress, and her dirty blond hair was tied up with ribbons and flowers. Remian's gaze immediately softened, and his face ran red.

"It's alright really!" The girl said with a laugh. "I'm Daliah. You must be new around here." He said in a slightly elevated tone, so that he would not struggle to hear her. "I've never seen anyone with wings like yours." He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. She laughed at his silence. "Did you want to dance?"

Dance? He knew not how to do such a thing in free form. He had been taught the proper way to ballroom dance, however that did not seem to be in style in a place like this. "I do not know how..."

"Do you not know your name either?" Her smile seemed to glow like the very moon in the heavens; so yes, he had forgotten his name momentarily.

"Remian."

"I like it..." She said softly, taking his hand. He glanced back angrily at Victoria, knowing that she was enjoying this. Soon, he was in the middle of the room with Daliah, who gently prodding him with her body, bumping him with her front...and oh dear...her backside. Remian was feeling his legs tighten, and his palms start to sweat, as he tried to keep his wings from springing out and killing everyone in the vicinity. But the girl was only amused by his discomfort, just as Victoria had been, but in a way that didn't make him indignant, but rather embarrassed. "You have to move your hips like this..." Their was only two men on flutes, playing the music, and they happily moved through the crowd for motivation. "See..."

Remian's eyes were drawn to the shape of her body-- her hips swiveled in a hypnotizing motion. "I am not sure that my body moves like that." He replied, standing almost a head taller than than anyone else in the pub. Still, no one seemed afraid, or put off by his presence.

"Oh sure it does!" She laughed, "You may just need a drink or two..." With that, she scurried off to the bar, as he turned to look at Victoria with reprimanding eyes.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

He was angry, she knew. The look on his face said it all as he reached to grab her only to be propelled into the crowd Victoria couldn’t help but feel some what triumphant in having gotten him here. And her small victory only seemed to spread. Not only had he been devoured by the mass of dancing bodies, but Remian had also managed to quite literally stumble upon a woman no older than she. The two exchanged in a brief, albeit awkward, introduction causing Victoria’s lips to curl into a devious smile as she witnessed his uncertainty. The girl however was far more experienced in such situations it seemed as she was quick to dismiss his peculiar behavior and took delight in further immersing him into the crowd. Their bodies bumped in the usual manner two might if they were engaged in dance….. only Remian was not dancing. Victoria was moving slowly along the outside of the crowd in observation, reaching the bar just as soon as the woman stopped to speak with Remian before skittering her way to ask for two drinks. The bartender obliged and the blonde moved to pay for her order but Victoria quickly lay a hand on her shoulder to stop her as she hopped up onto one of the stools. ”Don’t bother love, I’ll take care of the tab. You just go have fun. And put as many drinks in that boy as you need to get him to loosen up.” She smiled and nodded, taking the two mugs and thanking Victoria before running off to rejoin Remian who was staring the princess down with a reprimanding look. But Victoria merely smiled and tipped the imaginary hat she wore his way before downing her own glass, crossing her legs and leaning back with her elbows resting on the bar as she waited. Hoping that Remian wouldn’t be so stubborn as to refuse to indulge in the drink offered to him. Not wanting to further intrude by having the added pressure of her watching their every move, Victoria then proceeded to spin around and make small talk with the bartender and the gentleman to her right as she continued to order her drinks.

She would stop every now and then to look back and check on Remian but trusted that the lively and yet kind woman he was with was taking good care of him. And for the most part, Victoria felt comfortable avoiding her usual habit of crawling into the nearest man’s lap and siphoning the very breath from his lips. It was late in the night and she needed some wits about her if she wanted to keep an eye on the bird. She wanted him to have fun, yes. But if the girl tried to coax him out of the pub then Victoria would need to stop her as quickly as possible. She didn’t want to have to explain to Bishop why Remian was missing that night and why they may have to return in nine months in search of a smaller version of the man. She didn’t think Remian was moronic enough to commit such acts in one night. But that was the funny thing about alcohol. It did strange things to ones judgment. "Is that your boy?" The bartender asked and gestured towards Remian and the woman. His cheeks were rosy, his body plump, and he bore a smile that could go for miles without faltering. "Hardly a boy. And hardly mine. Just a band of misfits traveling across the land is all. He doesn't get out much so I thought it would be nice to give him a proper night in Salia." The man nodded in understanding as his eyes glinted beneath the light towards the mass of dancing patrons. "Ah, I see." His smile widened, if such a feat were possible, and the man slipped two fingers into his mouth before letting out a loud whistle towards the band and giving them a thumbs up. Just then the music grew a decent tone faster and much more festivious than before. Victoria laughed joyously and shook her head at the man in disbelief. "Thank you, I think that'll certainly do him in." He gave a sharp nod of amusement, his hand wrist deep in a glass as he wiped away its contents with a rag. "Well serves him right, leaving a pretty lady like you to drink alone! Men these days don't know how to treat their women the way they used to."

"Oh, no we're not.... I'm not his..."

"Too rich for your blood?"

"Somethin like that....."

"Ah well he's lucky to have such a good friend! Not one of mine would be half as eager to pay for my drinks." The two shared in a laugh as the music flooded the room alongside the pleasant laughter of those around them. It was strange, taking the time to really absorb the atmosphere. And Victoria couldn't really say she had ever been in a place so full of joy as this one. Not in a good long while. Sonitus had its fair share of celebrations but nothing could beat that of a city having escaped darkness. The bond these men and women had over the events of the past was strong. It wasn't easy to recreate nor destroy. Salia had truly found happiness. That much was evident in its people. She only wondered if it was possible for someone who had suffered his fair share of trials and lived in seclusion for an unspoken amount of years for so long to be able to find as much.... Unfortunately such would only be revealed at the end of the night.....

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian rolled his eyes at Victoria as she looked on at him alone on the dance floor. Daliah briefly engaged in conversation with the Princess, before rejoining him with two mugs in her hands. Both looked ready to spill over, so he offered her help with one. His hands reaching out for the beverage, only to make the girl's, whose affections he had managed to steal in a few short moments, eye's light up with delight. He had wanted to deny the fact that he was eager to drink, but he was already holding the glass, and believed it would be rude to decline after she had so kindly paid for it. Not only that, but she seemed rather thrilled to be in his presence. It made him feel strange when he looked into her eyes; for without saying a word she had practically invited him into her world.

Still, he did worry about his mask, and what lay beneath it. His face was scarred from his constant manipulation of fire. And certainly Daliah would lose interest once she saw the markings. But perhaps it was for the best. It wasn't as if there wasn't work to done tomorrow. Already he had allowed Victoria's bad habits to rub off on him. Here he was with the opposite sex, and alcohol in hand. He did not see this night going well at all. Albeit, he didn't know much about public intoxication.

However, there were small celebrations in his father's village, as they weren't without their share of activities. Remian would watch from afar usually, and never partook in such things. By the morning, people were passed out all over the place, without recollection of what had happened, or how they had gotten there. He feared that being the case with everything that was at stake, but before he could speak his mind, Daliah was already reaching for his beak.

"How do we take this thing off, hum?" She asked cheerfully. Remian's eyes opened wide in shock, his head shaking left to right to make her let him go, but she didn't. Her tiny fingers were running through the strands of his strawberry hair now, looking for the strap that held the metal to his face. "Goodness you're tall." She said with a small laugh. "I'd remove it for you, but I'm on my toes already."

Remian was still silent, unsure of what to say, or how to tell her that he preferred to stay hidden. And it was precisely that time spent without speaking that made it all the more difficult. There was pleading in her gaze as she looked up at him, but no demand. He was simply being asked to do something-- and not told. There was something strangely endearing about the way she attempted to get to him to do what he clearly did not want to. "My face...it is..."

Daliah's chestnut eyes began to sparkle. "Handsome?"

Remian's brows knitted together contemplatively, wondering why she would say such a thing. "Hideous."

She laughed out loud, slapping him on the shoulder, before taking a swig of her beverage. "I'll be the judge of that."

He sighed, deciding that his word would not be enough for this woman. Therefore, he reached up with his free hand, and removed the mask on his face, placing it on the table nearby with a heavy crack. She jumped slightly from the sudden sound, but didn't flinch at his appearance as the young bird nervously averted his gaze. He felt exposed without his beak, and paranoid. However, the brush of her fingers against his lips, forced him to look at her again. "You're such a liar." She retorted, raising her glass. "To the most handsome guy in bar."

Remian likely wouldn't have understand what she was getting at, had she not been gently tugging him closer by the band around his waist. The compliment was enough to make him smile. It was faint, but there nonetheless. He tapped his cup against hers, and watched as she titled her head back to chug the entire thing-- and he followed right behind her. It wasn't long before he found that the room was spinning, and not in a good way. Remian was on his third drink within the hour,and Daliah on her fourth or fifth, as the two swiveled their hips and raised their hands in the air to the music whilst the festivities continued.

The bird was feeling like his body wasn't his own, nor was his mind. As things he normally wouldn't have done, or said, seemed to be coming to him rather naturally. "I hope that girl over there isn't your girlfriend, because I really like you." Daliah finally called, her arm snaking up around his neck, to bring his ear to her lips. He leaned down slightly, intoxicated not only by the alcohol, but the smell of her hair and sound of her voice.

"What girl?" He asked, slightly dazed.

"You know, the redhead you came in with."

Remian frowned. "We have just made...acquaintances."

She giggled. "So, you haven't even kissed her?"

He thought for a moment. "I have never kissed a girl in my life." His words were slightly slurred, but understandable.

"Is that so?" Daliah replied, dropping her mug on the ground and tossing her arms up around his neck as if on cue. Her mouth found his abruptly, and Remian's eyes shot open wide in surprise; he immediately lost the traction beneath his boots and fell over backward onto the floor from the added weight. The girl landed on top of him, clamoring over his body as he practically melted beneath her in crowd. An incredible amount of warmth filled his entire being, as he tried to figure out what to do with his hands and his lips, but it apparent that she didn't care about his inexperience in the matter. For Daliah was just like Victoria in the way of men, only looking to kiss and tell-- nothing more, and nothing less.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

The drinks were going down faster than she could count. Not only on her part but Remian’s as well and by the time he had reached his third, she was on her fourth. The man sitting next to her had gotten increasingly handsome with each swig and by the time her half empty mug slammed against the counter, she was face to face with him. Both leaning forward in their seats as if daring one another to make the first move. The music had become muffled as she focused with all her might on the gentleman’s lips as they moved to form words but she was far too distracted by the pink hue of his cheeks and the sparkle in his eye to be bothered with a response. ”Hm?” She questioned and the corners of his mouth lifted into a grin. Giving a short laugh before his hand graced the side of her face and pulled her into a kiss. She felt her legs slide off her stool as his other arm wrapped around her waist and hauled her onto his lap, feeling the warmth of his body as he pulled her close. But that was the least of her worries. As much as she enjoyed his touch, her mind still lingered on Remian and how the boy was fairing. The last she’d seen he’d been guzzling down his own drink and had removed his mask before hand much to the pleasure of his ‘date’ for the evening. Still, despite how well off he seemed to be doing she was still worried about his inexperience with women and began to question if leaving him unsupervised was the best decision after all. Her head turned slightly as she went to look for him but she could feel the press of her suitor’s palm against her chin as he attempted to guide her attention back towards him. His lips crashing into hers although her eyes lingered on the crowd. He was dancing……. Remian was dancing. There was a feeling of pride that seeped through Victoria then as she saw the look of enjoyment on his face. And she would have continued to watch him had the man before her not been so persistent. She could feel his hand loosen from around her waist and venture down her back, uncomfortably so. Victoria rolled her eyes after having tried to pull away only to find that his hold was firm. And it would seem she was not the only one with problems of her own.

Just as quickly as the girl Remian was dancing with wrapped her arms around him, the two vanished into the abyss of dancing bodies with a loud clatter on the floor. Victoria rolled her eyes in amusement before lifting the nearest bottle and smashing over the top of the head of the man she was kissing, causing him to slump back in an unconscious state and allowing her to hop off his lap to make her way over to the two lovebirds preparing to build a nest together on the floor of the pub. ”Alright that’s enough for tonight lady. Get off my bird.” She said with a chuckle and grabbed Daliah by the back of her dress and dragging her too her feet with ease before standing over Remian with a smile on her lips and her hands on her hips. ”Well aren’t you the loverboy! Come on handsome. Up and at em.” Victoria grabbed hold of his forearm and helped the man to his feet before beginning the process of dusting him off of whatever dirt and grime he may have collected from the pub floor before doing the same for his hair and walking around to the front of him once more. Well? What’s the verdict? How are we feeling right now? Come on kid, give me something to work with. You in there?” She jeered and gave his boot a light kick. ”You just can’t find good winged fellas these days.” She wanted to see just how intoxicated Remian was before he continued on any further as well as find out if he was managing to have as good of a time as she’d come to believe. But more importantly, he needed to understand that there was a limit. Not to what he was allowed to do, but what he should do. After all, pubs and alcohol weren't everything. There was much, much more to life that he had yet to experience. And though she couldn't show him it all in one night she was proud that he was able to experience this much.

O U T F I T

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff