Welcome to Gaia! ::

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Victoria wanted to take her anger out on Remian but in behaving so innocently and hearing the way he spoke of his family she couldn’t help but somewhat pity the man. It was clear now that her own family wasn’t the only one suffering from this development and had she been in his shoes, she was certain she would not have been nearly as well behaved. She would do anything for her mother and father. Even kill. It was only by coincidence that such was being asked of her now. ”Well I suppose I can’t exactly hold you accountable for that then. I do not know what it is like to lose a parent as I’ve been blessed in having both since my life began. But should that ever be taken from me I suppose I might be just as desperate as you are if not more so to restore the order of things. Which is why I find your behavior particularly strange. Do you always let women walk all over you and tell you what to do? Or am I simply that terrifying?” His eyes were downcast and whether this was from his own bewilderment or the desire to avert his gaze she did not care. If they were to travel together she would need him to be straight forward with her. There was no room for dancing around ones feelings when lives were on the line and if he continued to restrain himself then it would only prove to make their journey all the more difficult. ”Look at me when you speak. And don’t you dare look away. If you proceed with as much hesitation as you’ve shown since your arrival then how do you expect to help your mother? If we are to travel together then I need to know what it is you have on your mind. We’re going to need to trust each other in the sense that if you are feeling a certain way about something, you will tell me and likewise with myself. Though I doubt I’ll have nearly as much trouble looking you in the eye as you seem to have with me.” She said with a sneer and walked over before resting a hand on his cheek.

”Besides. Who wouldn't want to look at such a pretty face?” Victoria released him as she’d done before and hopped onto the Phoenix’ son’s bed, crossing her legs and resting her chin in the palm of one hand as the other gestured to the spot in front of her. ”Well? Don’t just ******** stand there. Come sit. I’m not about to travel alongside someone I barely know and expect to trust you so easily and I’m sure you could give less a s**t about me. And you don’t have to. But if you don’t mind I’d like to get an idea of exactly who I’m dealing with here. So how bout it? Lets start from the top. I’ll ask you something and if you want, you can do the same. Don’t worry I won’t hurt you. I just want a better feel is all. Let’s start with you. Now I'm no expert but growing up I was told to stay away from fire. How exactly does one go about raising a bird baby in the middle of a volcano. And do you have a nest?” But it was more than that. She didn't understand Remian. He spoke valiantly of his mother and clearly cared for the woman but should her father deny his request, the man would simply back down without a fight? Victoria wanted to know what it was that made this man tick. He lacked passion. Something everyone needed in order to thrive. To live. But this boy hadn't known the meaning of the word as everything about him spoke of days spent within isolation. His lack of sociability for someone his age was intriguing. And she truly wondered just how deep his isolation ran.

Unfortunately Bishop was having just as much difficulty discussing matters with their father. Alexander's tender approach only made what he had to say all the more difficult and the fact that he had so easily deciphered the look on his face was just as startling. But the young man maintained his calm demeanor and shifted beneath Alexander's gaze as he recalled how endearing the man had always been. Bishop's admiration for his father had never once faltered and although there had been instances in the past where the king had been reluctant to listen to the boy, he had never thought lesser of him. Even now, Alexander's desire to seek out what it was his son had to say was somewhat encouraging and provided the boost Bishop needed to bring up what it was he'd seen. "Victoria will part ways and go with Remian and Ronan. I saw it before but I had not thought it.... right to tell you before hand as I did not want anyone to feel hostility in receiving our guests. Remian means no harm to Victoria and I trust that he will take good care of her...... As will I. I know it was not asked of me but I would like to accompany Victoria in this journey if only for my own peace of mind as well as your own. But I will not go without your permission. I only hope you will consider my offer. I want to bring her back to you safe. I want to offer you that security in knowing I she will not be without my aid...... if you allow it." Bishop had never been one to ask anything of his parents let alone something that carried so much weight with it. But this was something he knew his mother and father would struggle with. Letting go of their only daughter and putting her life in the hands of complete strangers was difficult. He wished to ease the blow by offering his company and in turn, fulfilling the vision he had foreseen. "I have not yet spoken to mom concerning such matters as I did not think it right to do so without addressing you first. She is.... not pleased in hearing what must be done to right the wrongs of the past. I felt that with your support on the matter she might come around to the idea."

O U T F I T
                                                                              {Out.Of.Cupcakes: }
User Image

Alexander heard the words of his son. So all that was left to do was appreciate his honesty and give his blessing. However, it was strange the way he spoke. Bishop often seemed to be an outsider looking in on the Helios family. And although the elf had given the boy his first and last name, his way of thinking was strange. The fact that he wanted to go along did not soften the blow. If anything, it made Alexander feel like he might start to weep right here and now. Should he lose his daughter and his son in one fowl swoop he would be left with nothing. The relationship that he and Belva had rested on the children they had raise together. And should one of them simply vanish without a trance, it would difficult to hold their marriage together. If anything, he had wanted his son to stay and be by his side to continue to learn the ways of being King. After all, the elf had decided that no matter boy or girl, Bishop was his first child and had a right to the throne. He was a perfect son, even if he was allowing his sister to date boys. A subject that Alexander had yet to forget, and would address once this was all over.

The elf had thought about sending his brothers along with Victoria, but Silas was planning a wedding, and Phineus' brother Beau had passed away; he was the only one left to keep a close eye on Balthier during this time. Requesting that either drop their plans would be selfish of him. Alexander could only be proud that Bishop was so brave in this time of need. He had started out in this battle, and he wanted to end it. It was no surprise that his daughter probably already planned to go, whether he approved or not. And she would likely be happy to have her older brother with her. Still, before he gave his blessing, something needed to be addressed. "Son, you are the first person besides my own mother and father to ever 'ear the words I love you come out of my mouth. I 'aven't even said as much to Belva..." He admitted, tightening the grip on his shoulder. "I know you've 'ad to be strong for all of us. And that can't be easy. But if you think that both of you leaving me is making me feel any better, I may 'ave to slap you." His eyebrows knitted together as he reprimanded his son briefly. "You are not adopted. You are my child. A Prince, who will be King soon."

Alexander held his tears the best he could. "You're also an adult, whose choice I must respect. So if you desire to go, then go. But don't--" He growled. "DO NOT let your sister date boys. She isn't allowed, not until she one hundred years old Bishop!" His azure eyes were serious, but his lips smiled as he kissed his forehead. "I know she is with that bird, go get 'er. I'm not ready to be a grandfather yet." With that, he gave him a gentle shove in the right direction and sent him off, before entering the chamber where his wife sat on the edge of the bed sobbing. He came and knelt down before Belva, knowing just how she felt and rested both his hands on her knees as he looked up into her saddened indigo eyes. "I'm going to stay 'ere with you, because let's face it. If I leave, you're going to want to go too, and we can't leave Sonitus vulnerable." He reached up and took her face into his hands pulled her lips down to his, as he kissed them tenderly, missing the intoxicating taste of her lips. "Bishop is going to go with Victoria and Remian. I think it's best this way. And I think they'll be safe. We can't protect them forever." He ran his thumbs over her cheeks, feeling the moisture beneath his press as he wiped them away. "And to think, I dream of 'aving more..." Alexander patted her face as he stood and sat beside her for comfort, should she need it.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

No manners, indeed. This woman was like a male trapped in a female's body. She wasn't at all like the ladies that his mother had promised he would meet when he was older. Andromeda told him that he would need to chose a mate so that he could procreate and produce more phoenix to keep his kind moving on. She had been the last of their breed, as they had been hunted to the last one. Ronan had taken her in to make sure that she was protected, and he thought the elves would be the last to be so greedily seeking her out. But it wasn't just them, the Keeper was once human. And Remian new more about him than he admitted. Although, his personality was something unexpected, that didn't take away from his reputation. Cavril was a fierce warrior back in the day. His mother had even expressed having romantic feelings for the man at some point. Alas, his eye had always been on another from the start, and that was when she met Ha'an. He had lived in the castle and was adviser to the man for a long time until the war. Rivdar was said to be a spectacle of a Kingdom. All who hadn't seen it, couldn't even imagine what it was like to be there. Even the heaven's seemed to shine upon it like a spotlight, highlighting the gods most prized possession. So it was a surprise that it had met such a shattering demise. If there was one thing nice about Victoria, it was that she was dressed like elves from his books. In his spare time he would read about certain cultures, and it seemed she had a good grasp of the costumes they wore to honor the forest. To his knowledge there were only a handful of elves left in the world. Although he was one of them, the fact that he had wings was much more prominent, and his pointed ears were hidden by his fiery red hair.

"The only woman I've ever truly known, was my mother." He replied softly. "She did not allow me to contest her rules." It was a simple and honest answer. Remian was fairly obedient all his life. This was the first time he had ever gone against his mother's wishes. "And I am only hes--" He almost stumbled away from her in shock when she touched his face. She knew nothing of personal space or boundaries. "--hesitating...because you are a Princess, and deserve a certain amount of respect. I cannot simply undermine your authority without feeling somewhat guilty. You had requested to go with me, and I respectfully declined." He still did not look at her. If she believed she was intimidating him, well it was working. Remian wasn't even sure that it was appropriate for them to be in a room with a bed together. She was a woman-- one he found grossly unattractive-- but a woman known the less; one with a very angry father.

"I'd prefer to stand." He said simply, finally raising his eyes to look at her curiously when she spoke of his home. Victoria was prying into his personal business, and he did not like it at all. "Our home is built above the lava, and we are resistant to it's heat." Remian scoffed, now very offended by her asking if he had a nest. "I am not just a bird. I am a Phoenix, an earth spirit of fire. No. I do not live in a nest." His tone was not angry still, just firm. "Do you live in a pile of leaves just because you are an elf? Should I ask the fairies if they live in a tree?" He shook his head, trying to hide his frustration. "I assure you. You could not hurt me. Even if you wanted to. I am much more formidable then I look. How will you defend yourself?" Remian was curious as to how well she would do in combat. He couldn't protect her all the time. And in honesty, he didn't want to.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

The talk Bishop had with Alexander had done a number on the boy emotionally. Something he wasn’t proud of. As a child Bishop had always been eager to express how he felt with his parents but as the days passed by and he grew older he found himself retaining thoughts on a whole new level that he had hoped would go untouched. On the outside one might have thought he were an empty shell, capable of nothing more than logical decisions and earnest actions based on what he felt was best for the family and their over all survival. He did not share an attachment to those outside of the circle formed at a young age and if anything it was for the benefit of those who might seek as much. Odette was a perfect example of this. He did have feelings for her, that much was certain. But to expect him to openly express his fondness in courting her, much less saying it would have left her sorely disappointed as he was incapable of doing so. It was for her sake, or so he claimed. There were details about him and his roots that had not been discussed openly with her nor had such topics been brought up in the presence of his mother and father. Had the overseer been alive, Bishop often wondered if he would have understood the burden in knowing exactly what he was, what he was capable of doing, and the power that lay dormant within him. There had been times in the past where Bishop had found himself missing his biological father, not for comfort, but rather answers. Had Alexander been able to tell him all he wanted to know about his future and what the gods had in store for him, he would have asked. Alas the only one who had seen such things had been the overseer and it had been well over a decade since his death. He loved Belva and Alexander with all of his heart and although they were not his biological parents he had never cared for them any less than had they been. But to deny there weren’t…. differences between he and Victoria would be a lie. She shared a bond with them that he would never have no matter how close they were. One bound by blood. And in that sense, he envied her. He envied her mortality. He merely wished she wouldn’t take it for granted. ”Yes sir.” Bishop said with a soft smile as his father dismissed him and savored his words of affection as they swam through his mind. Departing with a sense of ease as the moment lightened his thoughts and let out a sigh in beginning his pursuit of his sister who by now was probably bombarding their guest with inappropriate gestures and foul language.

And he couldn’t have been more right. For in Bishop’s absence not only had Victoria managed to intimidate Remian but insult him as well, causing him to ramble on in metaphors of how he was as much a bird as she was a forest animal. Still, she did not find this speech in any way demeaning and would have smiled at the mere sound of his frustration had she not been so caught up in his earlier remark concerning her title. There were few things that managed to bother her as Victoria was made of confidence, daring attempts, and brash decisions. Which is why she looked upon the term princess with as much distaste as she did. It was accompanied by the exact stereotype she was now beginning to feel Remian expected of her. And that wasn’t going to fly in the least bit. ”Hold on to your knickers there lil lady, I’m only teasing. Besides, I figured in my initial groping that you weren’t exactly akin to your foul brethren do to your lack of ticks. You don’t laugh much do you? I’d say as much for smiling but…. Well… You know.” She swung her legs back over the side of his bed but neglected to remove herself from it due to her reluctance to leave him with the impression that she was at all prepared to leave him any time soon. No, she had a lot planned for this boy. He was going to be her own personal project. ”A man of mannerisms. Not sure if I ever really liked that in the opposite sex. Too many rules about what you should say, what you shouldn’t, what’s appropriate, and what of the like. Listen, I may be born into royalty but don’t ever mistake that for meaning that you should treat me any better than the next person to walk by you down the road. Because when it comes down to it, royalty, wealth, fortune, it doesn’t mean s**t. We all live and breathe the same air and when my gramps comes a knockin, we’re all buried in the same soil. The after life holds no regard for men of wealth and neither should you. Yes, there is an amount of respect deserved for those like my mother and father. But that is because this is their land and these are their people and they’ve done something to earn the loyalty and praise of those around them. They are good leaders. Responsible leaders…..” Her brow furrowed as she shifted at the thought of her mother and father and all that they had done for their kingdom. And she wondered, would there ever be a time where she would be able to live up to such expectation as their daughter when she wed and came to rule a kingdom of her own? ”Look, what I’m trying to say is that if you let people treat you like s**t because they hold even the slightest bit of importance, then they will. I haven’t earned my respect yet. I don’t govern a nation, take care of millions, nor do I own any of this. This is my parent’s legacy and one day it will be my brother’s. So don’t treat me the way you think you should, treat me how I deserve to be treated. You’ll disrespect me all the more by doing the first of the two.”

Victoria let out a sigh and ran a hand through her hair with the roll of her eyes as she prepared to address the second dilemma Remian had presented, which was her ability to defend herself. Clearly, his interaction with one woman alone had left him unexposed to the reality of what women were capable of as he seemed to think that the fact she was both royal and a woman somehow made her all the more incapable of protecting herself against the enemy. ”Hey, don’t you worry about me. Just because I have breasts, doesn’t make me any less capable of kicking your a**. I don’t mean to brag. So I won’t. Taking a life isn’t something to view lightly nor is it a laughing matter. Not that I’m worried about you laughing, since you’ve shown your just as capable of being amused as a ******** twig. No, I can take care of myself. You just worry about where we need to go and I’ll do the rest. You needn’t lift a pretty little feather.” She said with a grin just as another voice interjected. ”No, but a helping hand is always appreciated.” Bishop stepped in the doorway and beckoned Victoria with his finger, causing her to groan and push herself off Remian’s bed. ”Dad sent me to make sure you hadn’t all out assaulted our guest with your lecherous hands and foul mouth. I’m glad to see he’s still intact. I hope she didn’t cause you too much trouble but I think it would be naïve of me to think she was at all polite in my absence. I’m surprised you didn’t throw her out the window. No one would have blamed you. I certainly wouldn’t. Don’t worry. I’ll be by your side during your travels to make sure she doesn’t get out of hand. I’ve been allowed to accompany you, should you agree to have me.” He said with a smile to which Victoria merely rolled her eyes in response and let out a huff. ”Yeah? Well welcome to the group….a*****e.”

On the other side of the castle however, things were less light hearted as Belva was still drowning in her own sorrow at the thought of losing one of two people she loved dearly. Should either of them choose to go, she knew her heart would grow heavy in their absence. But they had no choice. Someone needed to put a stop to the madness brought by Daemos and the souls he’d imprisoned in that damnable book. And it was by fate that the only ones capable of doing as much just so happened to be her husband and daughter. She couldn’t imagine her life without either. So how was she to cope? Just then the sound of the door to their bedroom opened and the sound of hushed footsteps pattered across the marble floor. Alexander knelt before her and as he spoke she felt a smile subtly etch its way across her lips at the mention of wanting to follow him. He knew her all too well. Belva sighed against the touch of his lips against her own and a sense of relief washed over her as he held her face twixt his hands. She nodded quietly in understanding of his decision to allow Victoria to leave but it did not make it any easier to accept. And had he left it at that, she would have expressed her hesitance in knowing that either of them would be forced to do as much….. had he not mentioned wanting more children.

Belva’s tears halted briefly as she expressed slight surprise in hearing him utter the words. To say that such things had never come to mind would be a lie as she had deeply enjoyed raising both children. But the last thing she’d expected was for Alexander to want more. After how distant he’d been, she’d thought that if anything he’d been disinterested in doing anything with her, let alone raising another child. It was uplifting to hear and she could feel her lips curl into an undeniable smile as the idea simmered for a moment but refrained from showing too much in fear of alarming him. Instead, Belva wrapped her arms around his torso from where she sat at his side and gently rest her head in the crook of his neck. ”More children…” She whispered as she mulled over it for a brief moment and nodded. ”I could see that. Though….. If it is what you really want….” Belva paused and looked up at him with a pleading look and wiped beneath her eyes before offering a smile. ”We’re really going to have to work on how your mother dresses our children.” She joked but slowly found herself growing worried again at the mere mention of them. ”They’ll be okay… won’t they? W-We were good parents. We taught them all we know….” She could feel the tears whelming up yet again at the thought of both of their children leaving with strangers to fight the battle they had neglected to finish when they had the chance. She knew it was the only way. But she still feared letting them go. ”We haven’t even the slightest idea how long they’ll be gone.” She sighed and shut her eyes. ”So until then…. We must say that they will be home, tomorrow. And hope that one day it will be true.” She lifted one hand and took Alexander’s, locking her fingers with his as she settled upon her decision to remain strong and trust that they would return in time. ”They will be home, tomorrow.”

O U T F I T
User Image

Rather than continue to try and comfort Belva the traditional way, with empty words and promises. Alexander agreed with her notion of hope, and would allow her to grieve when she felt the need. Perhaps, had she not been so open about the idea of children, he would have thought differently and prompted her to be strong in this time of need. But right now, as he looked down into her pleading eyes, and longing expression he could only think about making her forget the pain that Daemos had caused. Whereas he was concerned with this being his father's sin, it was also that of her first husband's. And although he had never been very close with Cavril, she had loved a demon at a some point in her life-- shared a bed with him-- wanted a future with him. Alexander still blamed her for nothing that had happened, even if she had been willingly blind to terrible things the man was doing. But he could understand why she grieved so.

He too was sad, but his pride was strong. And he was proud of both Victoria and Bishop; there was nothing better than finding that all his hard work in raising them had paid off. There wasn't anything more satisfying them seeing them go off into the world, as difficult as it may be. "They'll be 'ome tomorrow." Alexander repeated, reaching out to lift her chin with his opposite hand and squeezed her tight under his left arm. "I love you, woman." He whispered softly allowed his lips to run over her water in the sanity of their own chamber. It was easier to say then he thought it would be, but it flooded him with emotions soon afterward that made him want to show her. Maybe it wasn't the appropriate time. But he didn't care. Belva had given him the best gift any person could give another. And he was a selfish man, who desired another; as many as she was willing to give, he would take. Alexander gently removed his hand from her chin, and slid it under the crease of her legs to pull her into his lap, cupping her against his body as he kissed her and moved them into bed.

On the other hand, the conversation in Remian's room was not going nearly as well, and would not end in baby making of any kind. As a matter of fact, he had half a mind to rule out women completely. Victoria was not the first female he had met. His father's village in the jungle like woods outside of Ashu had it's fair share of girls around his age. And his mother had even encouraged him to mingle should he hope to ever get the experience needed. But his time with Ha'an had been limited. So he found that when he did visit, his interest never lay in the opposite sex. Albeit, there were some that he did find attractive. He seemed to be fond of the shy and timid type. His mother had always spoke highly of women who spoke properly and were well educated. Which was why he didn't think much of Victoria. She wasn't in the least bit eloquent. And had no filter whatsoever; she lacked any respect for Remian at all. He understood that she was a Princess, but as such, she was required to host her guest a certain way. Or at least, that was what he had read in a book at some point during his teachings.

So with all the negative she had stacked against her, why did he find himself intrigued by her statement which refuted his use of her title? He was gathering that she found it offensive, and wished for him to treat her like anyone else. But she wasn't just a commoner on the street. She was of royal blood. Even more so then her brother, who would be taking the throne. Another situation that baffled him. Surely it wasn't usual for the adopted child to take over the Kingdom of the parents when they had a blood heir. Then again, nothing about this family was normal. Remian opened his mouth to offer an apology, as he hadn't meant for his use of the word to sound as if he was exalting her for the sake of making her feel unworthy-- if that even made sense at all. Somewhere deep down, he actually understood where she was coming from, and found himself intrigued by her manner of thinking. It seemed Victoria sought to earn her honor and glory, rather than inherit it. And such a foreign ideal pushed most of his angry thoughts aside, leaving him in a state of bewilderment.

"I am sorry, Victoria, that was not my intent--" He hesitated, almost choking on her mention of breast, as his eyes were immediately drawn to her chest. Remian hadn't notice them until now, but they were full and round and.... Suddenly Bishop appeared like an apparition in a dream, returning the young bird back reality rather swiftly. He almost slapped himself for being tricked into glancing at them at all. In honesty, he was happy to see the Prince. For he wished to discuss and gain knowledge from a talk with him. But he assumed that they would need to prepare for their journey. Remian wished to depart as soon as possible. And since Phineus would be leaving in the morning, he hoped that they could catch the Night's Edge back to Balthier and begin their trek from there.

"No, not all. She was very hospitable and friendly." He replied, knowing that speaking ill of anyone was not in his nature. The woman had tried to be those things. And that was what mattered most. "You are welcome to join, your highness. However, I do have one request, before you make your leave. We need a place to start in the hunt for Daemos. I was hoping that perhaps your grandfather would be more willing to talk to you about the details of his whereabouts so that we might begin our hunt tomorrow." Remian had killed men before. He found that it wasn't very difficult when it was in the defense of the ones he loved. Victoria was right. It was nothing to take lightly, but this man did not possess a wholesome spirit. And he had no problems chasing him to the ends of the earth in order to gain his mother's freedom.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Both Bishop and Victoria seemed pleased by the idea of talking to their grandfather as he was by far one of their favorite relatives. And although Victoria hadn't had the honor of meeting him in person, that did not mean she was any less close to him. Spending as much time as she did with her grandmother, Indigo, often allowed her to visit him more frequently than most although Bishop too often found times throughout the week to speak with the man. The young man found his father's neutrality on most topics refreshing, despite this having been a dangerous trait in the past. Surprisingly enough, he had been the only one Bishop had spoken to in regards to his friendship with Odette. "Not a bad idea at all. Though I warn you, it is unlikely we will receive a direct answer. But he most certainly could give us an idea of where to start. Bishop backed out of the doorway and beckoned the two to follow with the wave of his hand to which Victoria grinned and took Remian's, hauling the man out of the room and releasing him once they caught up with her brother. "I remember ascending Ashu with my parents. It's a beautiful place, albeit riddled with danger for those unfamiliar with its terrain. That journey is what sealed the fate of my parents and bound them together. My father may have continued without us to destroy the book but he carried all of our burdens in doing so. And for a while, we thought he'd died up there at the peak of the volcano. Thankfully the god's had smiled down upon them on that day and he was spared by the strangest of circumstances, as they've continued to even til now." Bishop continued to look forward as he spoke, his expression calm and almost serene as he reflected back on the time spent with Alexander and Belva as a child and what had been the start of their life as a true family. He knew what it felt like to lose a parent. And had he not been taken in by the two he now called mother and father, there was no telling how he would have turned out. It made him sympathize with Remian and his desire to restore the bond with his own mother all the more as such a loss could make or break a man. "We found the means to an end in destroying the book of howls but by no means did we intend to make our problem your own. And I hope you can forgive us for that. But do know, we will do everything we can to make things right. And your mother will be freed of the soul's influence. My family found peace, in the end. And I hope to make it so that you too might experience as much."

The winding staircase was tedious to ascend but it was far more accommodating now that it was just the three of them using it whereas it had been much more of a nuisance prior when the entire family had sought an audience with the keeper. Hopefully, their lack of a crowd would help to persuade their grandfather in speaking more openly on the matter. For without his guidance they hadn't much of a means as to where they should begin their search. "So.... You, Ronan, and your mother all live inside Ashu? Alone? You said your mother is the only woman you know. Isn't there anybody up there? Like.... I don't know... A lady bird per say? Friends?.... A ******** tavern? I mean there has to be someone around. Your mom didn't just lay an egg and hope for the best after all. Right?" Bishop gave Victoria a sharp look before letting out a sigh and straightening his collar. "I've met his father. Once. But yes, there are others on Ashu. They just don't all live within the volcano as his mother does. His father maintains a village within Ashu's forest. He allowed us to stay there when venturing to destroy the book, at grandfather's request. He was good to us and very hospitable...... tho I suppose it wouldn't be easy to say no to grandfather otherwise, even if he wanted to." Victoria's eyes gleamed as she listened to her brother's explanation and a grin slowly crept onto her face. "And he seduced a phoenix? Wow. I'm impressed. Remi's dad's got game."

"Not every relationship is about sex, Victoria."

"Oh, but it is. It has everything to do with sex, Bishop. Especially with men. Wealth, fame, and fortune. There is no honor when it comes down to it. Take that away and a man is left with nothing but his primal desires and an eye for the nearest whore. Brains over beauty was never a valid theory to begin with."

"But instead they get you."

"Yeah..... yeah they get me. But they don't." Bishop rubbed his temple in frustration with where their conversation had gone and immediately wished to put a close to it without brushing off his sister's problem completely. "Not all men are like that, as I'm sure you know. Which is why I think you should stop looking in the bar for men to feed your ego.... And maybe give them something else to look at. Develop an actual relationship for once."

"Yes well I can't very well wear my minds worth now can I?"

"That's not what I meant."

"You heard him ladies and gentlemen, my brother wants to spill my brains out across the streets for all to see!"

"Metaphorically, yes."

The situation had clearly lost it's seriousness and as such Bishop was determined to redirect them to the task at hand. The young man reached out a firm hand and pushed open the door to the tower room. A wave of cool air washed over the group as did an eerie silence but both siblings were used to as much, only hesitating to enter out of the bashful reluctance to ask anything of the keeper. Finally, after several moments they filed in, one after the other and stood before the large mirror. "Grandpa? I know your busy... But might you have a moment?" There was an extreme difference in Victoria's manner when dealing with family, and those outside of the palace. She held a great amount of respect and admiration for her parents and grandparents and therefore she wanted to do all she could to make sure they felt her worthy of their own. And so, her usual blunt and abrasive behavior was often put aside or exchanged for one of subtle means.

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian as surprised when Victoria reached down for his hand, and his entire body immediately tensed causing his wings-- which he often could not control-- to spring out in defense. However he did his best to calm himself down before he alarmed his host again. He made no plans to run away from this situation, even if he preferred never to be touched by the likes of any but family. It was obvious that Victoria did not know the different between what was proper and inappropriate given that he was stranger. Yet, he had already established the fact that she lacked manners; so why this surprised him, was without a clear answer. Albeit, he didn't oblige her by squeezing his fingers around her palm. Instead, he just followed beside her, trying hide his uncomfortably. And it only grew worse as they climbed the stairs and neared the tower, where they had been earlier in the company of the Keeper. He did not fear that man, but rather his granddaughter who spoke so openly about rather taboo subjects in the presence of a male guest.

Remian was shocked to hear that Bishop had met his father. He wasn't exactly a kind man, and thought all to be his enemy, or that of his ex-lover's. But if Cavril and Ha'an had known each other in the past, it made sense that he would allow his son to stay in the village-- even despite how dear he felt each and everyone of those people. "I have no friends. And have no use to a woman." He assured them quietly. But he had no response for whether or not his mother had laid him, or bore him like a human would. As a matter of fact, it was something that hadn't come to mind until she brought it up. It was curious to think that he had come from an egg. Especially after having been so upset about the idea of living in a nest. He was part human, and part elf. He wasn't all bird spirit like his mother.

What Remian did know about sex, was very limited. He had seen a naked woman before. And had felt immoral feelings in the past, but they were fleeting. Only one had shown interest in him ever, and he had turned her away when she showed up in his cabin without proper attire-- she was clothed in nothing but her own skin. Remian had his heart set on a certain kind of woman. And one that would simply offer herself up without knowing him at all was not the sort. Victoria stuck him as somewhere in between. She was curious about physical bond, and mental likely frightened her. He knew this because she wanted to touch him without his permission. And talked about men as if she knew them, but it seemed she had never really spoken with one-- only 'boys' had entered her life. Still, she had the glow of innocence. He saw it mostly in children. But both Bishop and Victoria were still pure in a sense; being an Earth spirit had it's advantages.

"My mother seemed to think the same thing at one point in her life." He interjected once he realized that the two had fallen off in their conversation. "There was a time when she found herself infatuated with your grandfather. I heard that many other's were biding for his heart. And not because he was a good man, but because he was considered very handsome. Sexual attraction is important to keep a certain amount of spark, but the knot to tie things together should come from somewhere else. Perhaps, the way she smiles, or laughs-- or maybe her knowledge of different cultures, or experience on the battlefield." Andromeda had found Ha'an admirable, but what she claimed to like most about him was his desire to protect. It showed him capable of caring. "If you only see a person physically, it's not likely that the relationship will last."

It was then that Bishop pushed the doors to the chamber open, and they were allowed to enter the quarter. Victoria still hadn't released him, and he was feeling slightly unbusinesslike by the gesture now that he would need to formally address the Keeper. So he wriggled his fingers from her grasp and averted his eyes from her to look up at the mirror adjacent from them as Bishop requested a conference with his grandfather. A rippled took over the reflective glass and Cavril appeared. He looked unenthused at first, but upon seeing the three, smiled gleefully. "My beloved grandbabies!" He practically cheered. "I was afraid it was your grumpy father, or nagging grandmother. I didn't feel like explaining myself through clenched teeth."

Remian once again was put of by this man's friendly demeanor. He seemed to switch his seriousness off and on like a sconce. He did not want to accidentally find himself on the man's bad side. "Bishop, 'ow is Odette? All is well I assume. She is fairing alright with you leaving? I assume you knew so before today?" His cerulean eyes shifted to Victoria. "Tori, torturing our guest I 'ope. You wouldn't be Alexander's daughter if you didn't 'ave a little demon in you." Cavril offered her a wink and glanced at Remian indifferently. "I will not 'old the sins of your mother and father against you. What do you need?" He asked quite frankly, his smile vanishing.

Remian cleared his throat nervously. "I do not know of these sins you speak of..."

The man looked surprised. "I could see why your parents would keep that from you."

"If you could clarify, what did my parents do to make you look at me with such...distaste. It was you who hunted my mother, was it not? If any one should be angry, it should be me." He did not raise his voice, but his tone was firm. Remian hadn't realized it, but Cavril's gaze had offended him. It was the same way his father looked at him. He was nothing to no one anymore.

"You 'ave fire in you, phoenix. Which is not surprising given that Ha'an was my best friend and the best man at my wedding." He sighed. "I had been searching for the last earth spirit for a long time. It's said that when they die, they turn to ash and rise up from it anew. I was not foolish enough to believe that your kind laid golden eggs, but I did know that consuming the ashes would give me power beyond my wildest dreams. As a King, I was always after more authority. And Ha'an was the general in my military. I sent 'im out in pursuit of the dragon country because I 'eard they were 'arboring the phoenix. But when 'e returned, 'e told me that the creatures 'ad relocated and could not be found. As a man I trusted, I believed him. 'Owever, I found later, that 'e 'ad fallen in love with your mother when 'e found 'er with Ronan, and brought them back to the castle. Andromeda lived among us for a time, and even your uncle-- disguised in 'uman skin-- the both of them. Eventually, your mother told Indigo the truth, and thinking that I would stay with 'er, and not run off into battle, my wife told me. Ronan took your mother and fled Rivdar and I chased them back to their 'ome soon afterward, enraged by the betrayal. There I lost the battle. And it was revealed to me by Andromeda that my wife loved another. But when I returned, it was too late. She was 'ad a two years old daughter who did not belong to me, and Ha'an 'ad fled into the woods to escape my wrath."

Remian was left breathless by the story. It seemed his mother had not been unfaithful, but instead had ruined Ha'an relationship with Cavril and was ultimately the cause of Rivdar's demise. It was well known that the Keeper had burned down his home hoping to take back his throne from his wife and her lover. "Daemos. I would like to know where he is? We need a proper place to start."

The Keeper laughed, not moved emotionally by his own tragic past. "You are all questions."

"I wish to depart as soon as possible. So that I may return your grandchildren promptly. I want no more heartache to befall any of those I, or you care about ever again."

Now Cavril was touched, so much was seen in his eyes as he drew a breath. "What an oddly respectable young bird, the phoenix 'as produced." He blinked once or twice, trying to hide his adoration. "Daemos was 'ere only a few days ago in Rivdar in the 'opes of 'aving me aid 'im in procuring another Book. But I declined, as there is nothing else I need from 'im in return. I already 'ave his soul once 'e dead. And I wish to see an end put to 'im swiftly. You'll need to do a location spell now. 'E could be anywhere by now."

Remian frowned. "I know nothing of magic, your grace."

"Bishop can do it. 'E is the son of a great white witch named Vera. She will not be willing to 'elp since she fears his dark magic, so you will need to visit Olivera's first home in a village outside of Salia and retrieve 'er grimoire."

It was strange to hear that the Prince was capable of such evil. Remian had sensed nothing dark about the man. "Wouldn't using that power hurt your grandson?"

"I trust that 'e can 'andle a spell or two. But I warn, Daemos will sense the magic and come after the book. Kadavera is the youngest of the three witches. Take the book to 'er temple and 'ave 'er destroy it once the spell is complete." Cavril paused. "This is a very dangerous journey, but I 'ave faith in all three of you."

To hear such words from a man with such a great presence, made Remian feel a bit more drawn to this family then he had previously. He had been blind to how they accepted him with open arms until right then.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Although they were now in the presence of their grandfather, Victoria's thoughts still lingered unto what it was Remian had said before and despite having ripped his hand from her own she had neglected to turn away from the boy. He hadn't a friend in the world..... It was only then that she truly could sense the isolation this young man had been put through all his life. She hadn't much considered it before but when he spoke of the only woman he'd ever known to be none other than his mother it had been more than a mere choice of company. He was truly without companions and had it not been for Ronan and the phoenix, he would have truly been alone. She was royal and free. Despite her father's protectiveness over her person she had never been denied the opportunity to step foot outside of castle grounds. But Remian.... For him this was the first time having so much as left the misery of his own home let alone the land surrounding it. And although she too had neglected to so much as venture beyond Sonitus gates she was far more experienced socially than he was. More developed in a way. There was now a reason behind his strict manner of speaking, his tense form, and his polite and reserved behavior. How frightening this all must have been for him. And to now be thrown into such responsibility... To be forced to save the rest of the world without so much as having seen what lay beyond his own abode.... It was not living. Hell it was barely breathing. Remian was a captive within his own family and had his only family not been compromised, Victoria got the distinct feeling he would have remained solitary til the end of his days. Even Victoria with her many questionable relationships and the broken hearts she left in her wake, had friends. To be without someone to talk to and know not what it meant to laugh and have fun... Well it was simply unheard of.

"Grandpa...." The keeper's past in full color and detail was a tale she had not heard nor had Bishop. In fact, the boy was still just as startled by their ties to the seemingly anonymous relationship the phoenix had with their family. Everything was intertwined. Their fate had clearly been designed by the gods long ago as meeting Remian now surely was no coincidence. No, there was a story to be told here. And one to be made. But just as quickly as their attention had been strewn to the connection between themselves and Remian, Bishop and Victoria were presented with a problem anew. "And if I fail?" Bishop whispered as he had never, not once, used magic and with good reason. All his life the boy had been reminded that to do so would be his undoing and that the reason the overseer had chosen Alexander and Belva to raise him had been due to the danger of having possibly been exposed to such evil through subtle means. His own mother had abandoned her responsibilities in frustration over the matter and had not spoken to him in twenty years. It was true, he had questions about his past as well as if such power could somehow be siphoned out of him so that whatever danger there was in him possessing such abilities would be eliminated but his attempts to contact her afterwords had been met with silence and so he had been forced to believe that to bottle up such power would be the only way of controlling it less he want to end up like Liam who was just as insane as one could possibly get and twice as frightening. He didn't want that. He didn't want to be unstable and feared. He simply wanted to be... mortal. Like his sister, his mother, and his father. He didn't want to have to think of what he would be doing in five hundred years nor how far along his family would have progressed. He didn't want to live longer than those he was surrounded by now. He didn't think he could handle it, to know they were all dead and he was still waiting for a purpose beyond simply watching all pass before him. Still, it was his burden to bear. And if it meant correcting the mistakes made in the past and ensuring the survival of his kingdom and all those that thrived upon the land then he would do what he needed. "We will do what we can.... We will prevail by all means necessary. Thank you grandpa. You're wisdom is always appreciated." Bishop finally said with a nod although his mind was throbbing with thoughts pertaining to the nightmares he'd been having and the fear of falling victim to the darkness within.

"Hey grandpa? Remian says he doesn't know any girls and he doesn't have any friends. Can you believe that? I mean look at this face. What's not to love?" Victoria leaned over and gave the phoenix son's face a good squeezed twixt her hand while the other pointed at his torso and distinctly mouthed 'Have you seen these abs?' Bishop was quick to pull his sister's hands away from Remian gently and shook his head in disapproval. "Remian's relationships are his own Victoria. He need not make them for the satisfaction of others." Victoria shrugged sheepishly but quickly disagreed. "That may be so but it only means he's missing out on so much. That's okay. We can make up for it as we go. I hope you brought nerves of steel Remi boy because your going to need em. By the time this is over, your mom's temper will be the least of your worries." Her grin mimicked that of her father's in that moment as she turned to Remian with a daring look in her eye. He may have lacked the experience before, but now? Victoria was going to show him how to live.

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian was surprised by Bishop's reluctance. His grandfather had obvious confidence, that his own birth mother had failed to in his abilities to control dark magic without giving into it. What he did know about such things, were all bad, as nothing good was ever documented in history when it came to witches that were born with authority over the shadows. In the time when his mother was teaching him about the world, he had heard of only one warlock who overcame the darkness inside of him-- the very man that Cavril had lost his wife and Kingdom to. Although Remian hadn't been aware of the intricate details that involved how the Keeper had found out about his wife's betrayal, their tragic love story was well known by his mother. And she showed no shame in telling it. Perhaps for Indigo's disloyalty in telling Andromeda's secret she had thought both were deserving of whatever came out of the news.

He could only assume that the two had been close. And Remian wondered if he could find out anything about his mother he didn't already know from the former Queen. Maybe it wasn't right to pry, but he was curious about the past now that Cavril had so freely shared such information with him. Then again, he was the man who had tried to kill his mother, and lied to his own son about aiding a very dangerous enemy. Now he was curious if he even had the entire story. Although he highly doubted that the Keeper was able to be outwitted, Remian was pretty sure that he was missing an important piece to this puzzle. But decided it was best not to poke and prod the man any farther. He had come to be pointed in the right direction, and it seemed they had their heading. So he thought that perhaps now was as good a time as any to get away from Victoria.

Here they were standing in front of a very powerful being, and she was squeezing his cheeks together like his mother use to do when he was but a boy. It was terribly embarrassing, and all he could do was sigh heavily as his lips mushed together and his eyes drooped in frustration. He averted his gaze from the mirror toward the ground, while she teased him. She wished only to shame him, when he opened up to her and answered her questions truthfully, and he merely desired to retreat to his quarters to be apart from her for even a moment. This woman was beyond exasperating. He did not know how she would function on a trip across the earth. Although Remian had never traveled before, he knew how to conduction himself around people. Victoria resembled his uncle, who often got himself into trouble outside of dragon country. He had made many enemies and saw the same in the future of the Princess. Luckily, Bishop was there to offer help, pulling his sister away from the young bird, asking her politely to mind her own business.

"Yes! My dear," Cavril laughed lightly, his eyes illuminating at the sight of his granddaughter's happiness. "E is quite charming, and extremely muscular. Do you exercise in that Volcano of yours?"

Remian reached up and touched his face which actually felt sore from her touch. "My mother requires for me to train daily. It is actually the only thing my father has ever praised about me." There was saddness in his tone, but not written on his face.

Still, it did not get past the Keeper. "You know, I wasn't even aware that Ha'an was seeing Andromeda. 'E never touched, nor looked at 'er when people were around. I was quite the same with my own wife. And only recently learned that she thought it was because I didn't love 'er. Do you think your father doesn't love you Remian?"

He thought about it for a moment, trying not to let the realization manifest in his expression. "He does not love me. Of that, I am quite certain." His heart was pounding, almost knocking on the metal plate upon his chest.

But Cavril only offered him a smile. "You are a very depressing person to be around."

"I am sorry, your grace. That was not my intention."

"I know. It's just in who you are." He reached up and waved to them with a black gloved hand. "Be safe, I will be 'ere if you need me. I 'ave no doubt that Alexander will be giving you his sword Tori, so we shall be in contact." With that, his image vanished, leaving only the reflection of the three in the quarter.

Remian tried to slow his heart with a deep breath, as he looked at his new companions apologetically. "If it is alright with you two, I would like to return to my chamber. It would appear that conversation is not my strong suite. And I would simply like to be left with my thoughts for a moment." He had heard Victoria mention showing him what he was missing out on, since he had been locked away in Ashu all his life, but such activities did not appeal to any parts of him. Not with her. "However, I will join you for dinner." Remian left them as quickly as possible; hoping he would not be followed, or bothered until it was time to eat.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

There was something strangely sorrowful in hearing Remian admit having felt unloved by his father. It seemed with each passing moment she was discovering a new humbling and dark secret about the man's life that made her realize exactly how lucky she and Bishop were to have Alexander and Belva as their parents. This boy's mother seemed content in keeping her son locked away from the world, all the while enticing him with thoughts of what lay yonder only to deny wandering any further than Ha'an's village. She wondered if he even knew how much of a prisoner he'd been. By the sound of it, Remian was in line with his mother's thinking in believing she knew best for as he'd mentioned earlier he had never disobeyed her. In fact the boy almost seemed..... without soul. He was molded out of the experiences his mother had allowed him to have and frozen in a state of childish obedience. Either he loved her too much to go against her, or he feared what would happen should he try. Victoria wondered how he'd even managed to come this far without her protest. Had he run away? Did she even know he'd gone? Would she notice? She wanted to ask him, but after their grandfather had vanished Remian too decided to part ways. She did not interject as it was clear he was already strained by what interaction he'd had and there was no doubt that her own presence had overwhelmed the sheltered man. And so she let him go without further incident. The two turned to watch him leave, gazing upon the peculiar wings tightly folded against his back. Victoria lifted an arm up on Bishop's shoulder and leaned on him with a serious expression on her face though did not avert her gaze away from Remian even after he'd left the room. "He hasn't a soul in the world to look after him.... does he?" Bishop glanced over at her as he was slightly taken aback by her lack of lively conduct. It was unusual for such a remorseful tone to come out of such a wild woman as only moments before she felt content in harassing the boy. "No.... Not like most. Though I suppose you giving him a hard time didn't make him feel any better about it. You could do well in lightening up on the way you treat him. He's been through enough and he's out of his element."

"Yeah like that's going to happen." Just quickly as her sympathy had appeared it disintegrated as Victoria removed her arm from Bishop and sauntered across the room. Reaching for the handle and tugging the door back open as she prepared to leave her brother behind. "I mean it Victoria. He's in a fragile state of mind and you have a tendency to go too far. Ease up a little." His steps had quickened as he attempted to catch up with his sister who was already descending the stairway. But she showed no sign of leniency. "He's a grown man Bishop. He can take care of himself. He doesn't need your help." She called over her shoulder as she continued on ahead of him. Bishop by now had broken into a soft jog and was growing more agitated with each passing word that parted from her lips. "Yes, he is. And as a gentlemen he thinks it somewhat honorable to respect you despite you having neglected to give him as much. All I ask is that you hold back. Just until he gets his footing." She had reached her bedroom by now and had been about to close it but Bishop was just as quick. He slammed his palm and foot against its frame and gave her a look of determination as he let out a pleading sigh. "Please. You said so yourself. He has not one friend. He doesn't need to be treated this way." She pursed her lips for a moment but did not appear at all serious in doing so as she made a look of mock thought and nodded before it turned into a roll of the eyes. "Despite what you believe to be true, I don't intend to hurt him. Nor do I find his pain entertaining. In fact I hope to do the opposite. He needs to learn what it's like out here.... out there. What is one's life worth, have they not shared in laughter or partook in dangers, risks, and moments of joy? Where is the thrill? I wish to give him that much before he leaves and returns to his dear ol mother. This might be his only chance at freedom. What sort of person would I be if I did not push him to take it?" Bishop looked at her with a baffled expression, his lips curling into a confused smile as his eyes narrowed. "I thought you said he didn't need help. And this is any different?" She stared at him blankly as if he'd asked her something profoundly unreasonable. "Yes." And with that she shut the door.

Victoria could already tell that dinner would be... tense... as both she and Bishop would be leaving in the morning and this would be the last dinner they shared with their parents until their return. Possibly the only one entirely should they fail. That being said, Victoria was determined to leave her parents with the perfect image of their daughter and had gone through great lengths to pull out one of the very few dresses occupying her wardrobe. But after she'd struggled with several servants to put the damnable thing on, it proved just as difficult to walk in and she fought to exit her bedroom with piles upon piles of fabric in her hands as she scooped up the front of her gown to avoid tripping and pushed through the doorway. Unfortunately, she had not gone unseen as Bishop stood mere feet away, looking at her as if her skin had gone blue. His lips cracked into a smile but Victoria was not nearly as amused. "Help me you a**! I can't ******** see my own feet!" Bishop let out a laugh as he stepped towards her and allowed his sister to take his arm. The two walked down the hall until they were greeted by the double doors leading into the dining room and although they were early, they were by no means the first to arrive. There at her place on one side of the king's chair sat their mother who had yet to stop smiling from the moment she'd left her own room. Belva's heart was fluttering about and although there had been plenty worrying her before, what had occurred between her and her husband had infected her spirit. He loved her. It was such a simple phrase and yet coming from Alexander..... for the first time in having known him.... it meant the world. The queen stood from her chair upon seeing her children and tears broke through as she saw just how dazzling the they looked for the occasion. Without hesitation she threw her arms around them and both daughter and son found themselves a bit broken in that moment as the gravity of the circumstances befell them. There was silence for some time and after idle compliments on one another's appearance they took their seats..... well.... two of them did. Victoria stumbled to her chair only to trip several times, cursing beneath her breath as she fought her dress all the way up until the moment she sat down. The tulle of the gown popping up and practically blinding her in the process as she then swat at it until she was able tame the fabric enough to see the table, her arms crossed and a pout on her lips as she glared at the cloth adorning it.

O U T F I T
User Image

Although, Victoria and Bishop weren't the first to arrive, Remian was certainly the last. He had contemplated not going at all, despite giving his word that he would. But his poor stomach was aching from hunger since he hadn't had anything since he arrived this morning. Many servants had come to check on him, but he was too shy to ask for anything from them. He didn't believe in a life of people waiting on him hand and foot. If he was hungry, he very well had two legs that could carry him down to the kitchen for something small.

Unfortunately, leaving the solitude of his chamber was a frightening idea. Enough to make the thought of starving much more appealing to the young bird. If he was dead, then this burden that he had taken upon himself to bare, would end. However, there was still the possibility of ending up with the Keeper, which meant that he wasn't even safe from this family in the underworld. He had hoped that he lived a reserved enough life to end up in the heavens with the gods. But it was often hard to know when one was doing right by them.

Remian wasn't here just for his mother. Even if she could not be saved, he would continue on in the pursuit of ridding the world of these creatures-- demons that were not yet dead, but certainly not alive. Once warriors, he knew now that these men had crossed over into a world between worlds and would be formidable opponents, ones not so easily defeated with the cool steel of his blade. Remian had spoken about knowing about nothing of magic, but he wasn't without power of his own. Should he choose to open his beak, he could expel fire like a dragon.

Most thought that there was nothing beneath the metal like contraption on his face, but beneath the mask, were a pair of lips and a nose. He didn't take much pride in his appearance however, which was why his mother had devised the mask not long ago. Not because she thought him hideous, but because she couldn't bare to see him grieve. He did not think himself nearly as lovely as she, and had vein like lines that ran from across his cheeks up toward his eyes. Sadly, the mask didn't cover everything. But most believed it to part of his face. And he preferred it that way.

In addition to being able to breath fire, as it were; he would also manipulate flames as well. It had been something that came with being an Earth spirit, but he was also part elf, so keeping it from taking such a detrimental toll on his body was difficult. His use of such magic was the reason his face had began scar, as he had not been born with these markings. Remian had many short comings, but his lack of confidence was by far the worst. He was not a man pride like Alexander, or a being that knew not the difference between good and bad, but only the way to get what he wanted when he wanted it, like Cavril. Nor was he Bishop, afraid to love because he had the gift of agelessness. He wasn't even like Belva, who desired to have the full attention of those around her. No, Remian was unique. And it wasn't even the judgmental eyes of those around him that he feared, but his own.

His mother would have had more children had she had a man to fertilize her eggs. So she was counting on him to one day find a woman in his father's village and make her grandchildren so that she might have more family. However, he wished for nothing more than to be by himself for the rest of his life; consumed by his thoughts he almost missed the knock on the door. Remian stood from the comforting sheets of the bed and went to answer, finding himself looking at the mother of the three children who had taking such a liking to his uncle. She was dressed in a lovely gown, yet was draped in an assortment of a male clothing, over her shoulders and the crease of her arms. Her golden eyes sparkled up at him, when she noted him standing before her. "Oh dear, I didn't even introduce myself! My name is Ana, and the man you met earlier was my husband Knives." She smiled brightly.

The name had rung a bell. "Yes, Knives Lestat. Phineus and I traveled here on a ship he use to captain. His crew asked me to give him their greetings."

"I'll be sure to let him know." Ana replied, but had not come for small talk. "I brought you some things from his closet. Did you want to change for dinner?"

Remian had never heard of changing just to eat, but he assumed that in a castle everything was always a huge event. "I am sorry," He whispered. "What I have on is very difficult to remove."

Her gaze played over the plate on his chest for a moment, and her smile slowly faded, realizing that he was probably right. The crest on his chest didn't even seemed to have any strap holding it on. "If I may ask--" Ana's tiny fingers reached for it, and gave it a firm yank. "How does that stay put...like that?"

"Paste."

"Paste? Like a glue of some kind?"

"Yes, my mother created it." She looked curious. "It will come loose in the bath, with enough water."

"I see. Well, then." Retracting her fingers, the woman swallowed. "I will see you downstairs in the dinning hall." Ana quickly scurried off, leaving Remian feeling strange once again. As if he should have accepted her offer, if only to try and fit in. But there was no use. He would be on his way again very soon. Although, he found the offer extremely kind coming from one that was not paid to serve him.

For only a short while, he paced in the chamber before departing and wandering out into the hallway. Remian attempted his bravest face as he descended the stairs, and upon seeing him two guards came immediately and lead him toward the a set of heavy double doors at the end of one of the narrow corridors; they went ahead and opened the doors for him and immediately his dark feathered wings spread forth behind him as he entered. His poor heart was pounding, as he wasn't sure what this evening would entail. It was likely the King was upset about both his children leaving him in the pursuit of an old enemy.

The long marble table was set with silverware and plates, surrounded by the Helios family. Also Silas and his fiancee Nora, Phineus, Indigo, Ana and Lestat, along with all three of their children were present. In addition, were Atticus and Rochelle. At the very end of the table was his chair, where he could look across and be face to face with Alexander. Remian fought to retract his wings as his seat was pulled out for him by one of servants and he sat down. "Better late than never, I always say." The half-giant smiled at him, knowing that the young bird did not want to be here. It wasn't a surprise that Ronan wasn't around. He didn't believe in human traditions. And had probably made a bed for himself in the stable.

"Only because you're usually the last one." Silas said with a laugh on his right.

"Before we eat," Alexander interjected, his eyes burdened, and his wife's cheeks moist with tears. "I just want to say that the gods 'ave never failed me in the past. My throne was taken from me, but I was given another. My parents shunned me, but now welcome me with open arms. I 'ad no family, and now I am surrounded by loved ones. I 'ave faith that this was always the plan. And I trust Remian to protect the 'eir to Sonitus, and my beloved daughter Victoria." He had taken Belva's hand under the table."Can you do that?"

The young bird was surprised to hear such words. His eyes held no fear, and were sure. And it seemed he believed that Remian's cause was divine. Luckily, he was good at one thing. "If your children do not return to you. Nether will I."

Alexander raised an eyebrow. "Because you'll be too ashamed?"

"No." Remian could see how much these people cared about another. His eyes shifted to the Princess, who was not dressed in her usual attire, but much more elegantly in a dress white as freshly fallen snow-- and just as beautiful. "I..." He averted his gaze to his lap immediately. "Because I would perish in their defense."

Alexander smiled, but Remian did not see it. "Then, perhaps we should eat, and get you all off to bed."

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Dinner had gone by without so much as a note worthy comment and other than the infatuated looks their mother was giving their father, there was little Victoria found interest in. besides Remian that is. His remark as to falling at the hand of their enemies in her in Bishop's defense was indeed a noble one. To give one's life up for those he had not met was a selfless act. Still, there was a dreariness about him that still weighed heavily on her mind. Even as he sat with the rest of them and was left to eat he did not seem to enjoy it. She began to wonder if he'd possibly been born this way... If it was as her grandfather had said and Remian was simply brought in this world a miserable being. Had he nothing at all to be joyous over? Nothing to smile about? Granted their situation wasn't ideal and they would soon be facing a formidable foe.... Victoria thought that making light of such a topic or avoiding it entirely for the sake of giving her parents something to smile about was the best course to take for now. But Remian..... He seemed forever damned to be plagued with thoughts of his mother and the details of his relationship with his father and whatever else there was to weep over. She was not unsympathetic but rather curious as to how he was even capable of functioning in such state of mind. And even more fascinated by his eagerness to free his mother in knowing that it would only force him to return to the sorrowful life he'd lived before. He needed to know. Clearly Roran had neglected to teach him as much about what the outside world had to offer and if this was in fear of Remian's mother or simply out of respect, Victoria did not care. Someone needed to show him that life was not meant to be wasted in isolation and that guidelines were only for those afraid to live. There was excitement in being alive. Beauty. Passion. All of which the young man lacked internally. Even when saddened he seemed reluctant to express as much and had he control over the way his eyes moved about or even the manner in which his wings spread she had no doubt that he would have preferred to remain expressionless altogether. But Victoria was determined to show him that his life need not be a story built on tragedy. And although blunt, forceful, and brash in nature... her intentions were good. She only hoped he would come to see as much in the end.

"Come on. Get your a** up." Victoria coaxed herself out of bed before dressing in her usual leafy attire, bothering not with the added weight armor would give her. If her grandfather was right and her father would be giving her his sword, she knew there was risk in going without defense in close combat. But she was hoping that in minimizing the load she had to carry it would allow her to be quicker on her feet. That, and she simply could not be talked into wearing anything else. If it became burdensome, then she would purchase something on the road. Until then she was sticking to her own theory. Bishop on the other hand had chosen to wear something a bit more logical. He was familiar with the blade but preferred the crossbow as it allowed one to keep their distance while still taking in the opportunity to land a fatal blow. He would rather avoid combat unless absolutely necessary but knowing his sister he had high doubts they would go without making enemies along the way. The two met in the main hall where they proceeded out front to be greeted by their mother and relatives who had come to see them off. Again, tears were spilt and Belva neglected to hold such emotion back as she pulled her children into her cool embrace, her skin cold even under sun, as was the nature of her kind. It was something Victoria often found strangely comforting and buried her head in her mother's shoulder as she fought off her own tears. Bishop managed to stay as calm as collected as usual and she envied her brother's ability to do so even in knowing how long it would be before they saw their mother and father again. Victoria could already recall the days of her younger self as she walked hand in hand with her father or rest on her mother's hip. Or even as she sat on the steps of the throne, playing whilst the sounds of the council's voice boomed across the perimeter and her father sat with a serene expression on his face. Smiling as he glanced down to catch her looking up at him. They were memories that lay fresh in her mind as if they'd all happened within the past few days.

Even now, she still felt like a child in her parent's presence. And as Belva released them and held them and looked Victoria in the eyes she could feel it. An absurd feeling in her stomach.... the fear of leaving. She had yet to step outside of Sonitus and already she was feeling home sick and missing her parents before having so much as left their sight. Could she really do this? "I love you." She choked as the tears stung her eyes. She knew she needed to be strong. But in finally being faced with the separation of those who'd raised her, it was growing increasingly difficult. "And I love you." Belva whispered as she placed a hand on both children's faces. "Be safe.... Both of you. And do not leave one another's side." Victoria let a grin slip then and gave a quick shrug. "Don't worry mom. We'll be okay. We got this. We'll be home before you know it." Belva nodded but gave way to sorrow just as quickly and pulled them back into her arms in fear of letting them go. Bishop smiled weakly and ran a hand over the back of their mother's hair. "It will be alright. Dad and you raised us well. We're going to make you proud."

O U T F I T
User Image

Alexander had never prided himself on being a good judge of character. However as he lay in bed that night beside his wife, he found that for the first time in many years, he was not dreaming about having more children, but instead, was thinking the ones he already possessed. He had wanted to rest, and close his eyes if only to give his mind a break. Yet none came. The elf couldn't even be sure that Belva slept. He was only present in body after all. Mentally, he was some where else entirely; contemplating all that could possibly happen on this journey.

There was no doubt in his mind that Remian could handle himself. Albeit, the boy didn't seem to get out much. Still, Alexander doubted that would keep him from saving the soul of the only person who had ever showed him love. He had wanted to dislike the young bird, but all could do was admire him. His courage could not be explained in words. And although he was hard to be around because of his very dark and strangely unique aura, Alexander trusted that he spoke nothing but the truth. Should they face Daemos, Remian would be the first to die in the line of duty, even for people he did not know. He was born noble; taught to be such by his mother and father. He knew only stories and rules do to the shelter of the Volcano, but he would soon learn that no book could prepare him for real life.

His daughter would be safe. It was only her heart that he worried about. Alexander had been brought close to Belva because of the uncanny situation they had been thrown into together. The elf may have been old in his years, but that was what had made him wise. And he had bore witness the way his daughter looked at Remian. He was new and different to her. She had yet to meet a real man in her lifetime. He worried about her falling in love, or vice-versa. It may have foolish for him to think such now, when it was clear that such was far from the boy's mind. But his eye had been drawn to her at the table. And it was subtleties like that, which caught Alexander's attention. He knew that when his little girl returned, she would not be the same. She would finally be someone that Bishop would need at his side when he became King. He had sheltered Victoria and kept her from the world. Therefore, he couldn't be more sure that this was what she needed to experience in order to truly discover herself. Alexander had been forced to grow up very fast, and it didn't turn out to be a terrible thing for him in the end. He was only a good King now, because he had gone through hardships. And it was through tough times that Belva came to be a fearless Queen. This was the kind of adventure they should have wanted for the future leaders of Sonitus, right?

Morning came all too soon, as the sun rose up over the horizon, and eventually came rushing over the rooftops of the Kingdom-- barreling in through the open curtains of his chamber. Alexander dressed appropriately for the occasion after Belva had gone. She wasn't aware, nor was Lestat, but Ana still made all of his clothing for him. In a strange way, he considered her as more than a cousin-in-law, but like a sister. Not only that, but she had been a servant most of her life. In addition, she was painfully aware of the elf's fear of getting old and dying whilst Belva remained young and beautiful. Although she and Lestat were both human and destine to die much sooner than any magical creature, she could sympathize with the fear and assured him that the gods had everything under control. Alexander knew it was best to simply talk with his wife about it. So he would-- in do time. For now, he was headed down into the foyer to see his young ones off into the world.

Belva, Bishop and Victoria were already there. And of course, the woman had already begun with tears for the send off. But he tried to remain strong in his approach. Hearing the wise words of his son, whom he approached from the back, he placed a hand on one side of his head and pulled it to his face to kiss his cheek. "We are already proud." Alexander assured him, knowing that Bishop needed to hear such words. "Tori, I need to give you something." The elf announced, gently pulling her from her mother's embrace and into his own. He held her there for a moment in strong, loving arms before his hand took her own. His other reached for the knife on his side and as soon as he stepped back, he cut a slit in her palm with the blade. Crimson blood began to leak from the wound immediately, as he did the same to his palm on the opposite side with haste. Then he clasped their hands together tightly as if they were giving a handshake. A wave of electricity shot through his body as a wind ran through the foyer, and the grand sword that the Keeper had given him rippled through his body and into that of Victoria's.

He released her, watching as it materialized for her to take and their wounds began to heal. "Use it to protect yourself, and keep in touch with that son of b***h you call grandfather." Alexander instructed softly. "It's powerful, but do not fear power." He looked at Bishop, knowing that he too would have a great weapon-- his aunt's grimoire. Something that Cavril had been reluctant to tell the elf, and refused to tell Belva. "Now go. Remian and Ronan are waiting."

And indeed they were. The bird had not slept. That morning, just before sunrise, he found his uncle in the stable to discuss the burden of two more travelers. The King's words at the dinner table had made him concerned about his ability to protect others. He had only ever been responsible for his mother. Because he loved her, giving up his life would have been easy. But he was not certain that if death came knocking at the Princess' door, if he would let her answer-- or do it for her-- as he had promised her father so boldly at table last night. Remian felt like he had lied. He had never done that before...

"It's called guilt, Remi. And it's not that big of a deal." Ronan said, kicking his clawed feet through the hay against the wood to test the sharpness of his nails.

"I told him I would protect these people. And let me remind you, I am not particularly fond of the redhead." He breathed the words, pacing back and forth in front of the dragon, liable to make fire with his tracks.

"Would stop that, you're making me dizzy!" Ronan snapped, his wing reaching out to poke his shoulders.

"She is rude, and pushy...always touching me..."

"Do you want to slap her?"

"No." Remian replied.

"Then just tell her to stop."

He thought about it for a moment, his feet hesitating. "I do not wish to hurt her feelings. Perhaps this is the way she has been taught to greet people. I am not one to simply dismiss someone's traditions."

Ronan laughed. "You haven't known anyone whose traditions you could dismiss."

"She is also without even a single manner..."

"The girl's a fox, Remi."

His feet had started up again, but stopped just as quickly. "You mean a demon?" He asked curiously.

But his uncle rolled his golden eyes in response. "No, a*****e. I mean she's hot."

"Have you...touched her? I did not experience this...heat...you speak of." Remian frowned, finding himself a bit confused by Ronan's complaint. Whereas his had been valid, he found the idea of her being hot to be neither here nor there.

"Are you even from another planet, kid? I meant that she is appealing to the eye."

"Well...yes." He said without pausing to think. "But that is beside the point that I am trying to make. I am starting to think you haven't been listening at all..."

The conversation ended abruptly, with the dragon lifting his wings and flying clear out of the stable, leaving Remian alone with his thoughts. Most of the time, he and Ronan were on two completely different pages, and today was no different. His uncle would become frustrated and end the conversation without so much as a goodbye. He was starting to worry that no one would ever understand him. Perhaps it was he who had the problem, and not those surrounding him. Had his mother done something wrong in raising him? Then again, it probably wasn't right of him to complain about someone who had to come to his aid. It wasn't exactly in his nature to be this way, but he was feeling overwhelmed by the pressure.

Eventually, he exited the stables. Not the way Ronan had, but on two feet. Bishop and Belva would have their horses, but he nor his uncle needed such. Phineus was waiting at the gate with his own steed for the Prince and Princess. They were to depart from here, and board the airship for a three day trip to Salia.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Victoria looked down at the sword bestowed upon her in awe, feeling the weight of it in her hands as she lifted it up only to turn abruptly back towards her father. The tears had at last managed to fall as she threw herself around her father for the last time in what she believed would be a long while. Savoring the moment and absorbing the strength of the man who had raised her. When she finally pulled back she wiped the streaks from her face and let out a soft sigh as she slowly nodded in understanding. It was time for them to leave. "Love you daddy." She whispered and kissed her father on the cheek before walking off with Bishop, the latter of the two casting a reassuring smile over his shoulder. "They're going to drive each other crazy while we're gone." Bishop jested and put his arm around his sister who was frantically trying to wipe away the remnants of her tearful goodbye. She let out a small laugh and nodded accordingly at the thought of their parents being left behind with nothing to preoccupy their time but one another. "They'll be at one another's throats, having nothing better to do." The two looked at one another in knowing that the idle talk of whether their parents would get along was merely a way of assuring the other that things would return to some form of normalcy while they were away. "We will be home tomorrow." Victoria gave her brother a peculiar look but did not question the meaning of what he'd said nor where he had devised such a short time line. Instead the two continued to walk on in silence towards the stables in time to see a winged figure soar out of the doorway and into the skies above, abandoning the earth and its occupants below. "Now where do you suppose he's off to?" Victoria asked as she closed her hand around the hilt of the sword and had prepared to clip it to her side only to have it vanish before her eyes. She blinked several times but had seen her father perform such acts often enough to know that she and the weapon were now linked and oddly enough, it had done her will. "I don't know. But I'm sure he'll be back in due time. Come."

Their horses had been prepared the night before by the servants of the castle and although Victoria had yet to ride her new stallion, word had reached her that it had in fact, been trained prior to having been brought to the running of stallions. However, knowing how pleased his sister was with the horse Bishop had refused to tell her any more of what the letter the breeder had sent him revealed. It would seem that her horse had been avoided under circumstances of superstition. The previous owner had died in a skirmish between bandits and outlaws and the stallion had been found dragging the corpse along with several others that had been tied to its saddle into town. An act of barbaric proportions that had left it in a sullen and uneasy state under the weight of the decayed bodies. The breeder who had taken it in was a man of many beliefs who claimed the stallion was the harbinger of death, unknowingly scaring off those who might have intended to purchase it by retelling the tale of its appearance into Sonitus. But all Bishop saw was a broken horse with a sad past. And therefore thought it irrelevant. "Early bird catches the worm I see." Victoria chided as she moved towards her steed, she'd dubbed Cato, and lead him out of the stable as Bishop followed with his own, only stopping to open the third stall which held a horse that had been specifically prepared for Remian. "Hope you slept well. Long day ahead of us. Mom had a horse readied for you. Unless of course you want to ride with me." It hadn't even been an hour and already she was teasing him. But it helped. After the heartfelt moment with her parents, she needed something to keep her from thinking of her mother's tears or her father's embrace if only for a little while. They needed to get moving. "I doubt even those incapable of riding would volunteer to do so Tori. You're as hazardous as you are cruel. Now leave the boy be...."Bishop said coolly while his gaze wandered ahead.

"Bishop? You alright?" The boy broke out of his trance long enough to answer his sister with a brief nod. "I... never knew I had another aunt. Olivera was the only one i had the 'pleasure' of meeting. I suppose we can only hope this reunion goes a bit more smoothly. We should get moving. If traveling with mom and dad has taught me anything in the past it's that daylight is a fleeting entity all in its own. We should put as much distance between us and this place as we can in one day. Use the light to our advantage. Traveling in the dark isn't generally a good idea." Victoria nodded and followed her brother as he led the way out of the stables, glancing up at the sky as they exited and wondering if Ronan would return before then. "How you doing back their Remi?"

O U T F I T
User Image

Remian did not desire his own steed. It would be easier if they only took what was completely necessary. And he hadn't brought much with him from home to begin with. He had an abundance of coin in a suede pouch on his hip, and a few supplies on the ship. But for the most part, the bird had nothing to carry but himself. So when Victoria offered for him to ride with her, the idea actually appealed to him, although Bishop did have a point. Although the Prince talked poorly of his sister aloud, Remian knew that look of admiration in his eye all too well.

Even though he was aware that his father did not love him, he spoke the same way when Ha'an was mentioned. There wasn't many good things he had to say about the man, but that didn't matter. Deep down inside, he loved his father, and didn't matter what awful things he did or said-- Remian would always have adoration for him because they shared the same blood. Family was a funny thing. One couldn't choose them, as they could a friend, and therefore, they were all the more special; liking them wasn't necessary, but you would always love them. Remian found himself wondering what it would be like to have a sibling. It was odd, the things he was starting to think about now that he had witnessed the inner workings of a real home. A place that was a safe and loving, with many moving parts.

As they exited the stable, he trailed behind, leaving the horse they had given him with the help, deciding to stick with his decision to rely on the wings the gods had gifted him. But he did not wish to go flying through this city. He would draw attention to the sight of Prince and Princess' departure. And that would likely raise questions in the minds of the townsfolk. Ronan had likely already departed, as he could see a shadow in the distance, as Phineus galloped down the path directly underneath it. The two were already headed toward the docks, it seemed.

It was almost noon already, despite having gotten prepared very early that morning for their departure. Given the fact that Remian had hoped to have been gone already, he wasted no time interjecting into the conversation, if only to show Bishop that he was here for comfort. It was obvious that his sister's attention had already been lost once he expressed the fear of meeting more family. As always, she seemed to be concerned with the young bird, who was trailing behind them unknowingly on foot.

"The Keeper mentioned that she was a white witch. Not all are bestowed with such a title." He did not want him to confuse the term with one that simply used light magic. "She is filled with nothing but goodness, a priestess if you will." Remian reassured him. "She may not be happy about us bring such evil into her temple, but she is nothing like Olivera."

He had heard of the witch from his mother. And to learn that Bishop had descended from such a family was a bit of a surprise. Witches could usually only procreated with beings as powerful as they were. And there was only one warlock, and one wizard in the world that could match that kind of strength-- Liam and Cavril. He wondered who the Prince's biological father could be. But such an intrusive question could be asked once the two boys made a proper bond.

Remian's wings sprung up abruptly, the velocity in which they rose sending a gust of wind through the quarter which lifted a cloud of dust around the group. Both horses, fearing for their lives, neighed and picked up in speed tremendously. In turn, he burst into a run after them, slapped both hand on the butt of the Princess' horse as he jumped up and opened his legs to mount it. He smoothly slipped an arm between the V that Victoria's body made in conjunction with her limb, gently taking one of the reins to steady himself-- and patted the side of the horse with his other hand, to calm it's spirit.

His wings flapped once, then retracted, as they moved toward their destination at a much quicker speed then his companions were likely use to. Every so often, he would spread the cluster of dark feathers on his back and snap them to keep the pace, as he leaned in over Victoria's right shoulder. She had a heavy heartbeat. He knew so, due to the increase in energy. He moved his hand, down the rein and gently ran his fingers over her hand before engulfing it in his own.

Remian offered her the same question in response to the one she had asked moments ago. "I think I should be inquiring about how well you are fairing, Princess." He replied, cracking his wings again as the horses proceeded through the city, running along the shore of the canal that ran through Sonitus. Their hooves pounded the sand, and they were like blurs in the distance to anyone watching. The Night's Edge wasn't far from here. The three would board her and be on their way in time. Bishop seemed worried about the night, which meant he did not know that they would be traveling by airship just yet.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Bishop had nothing but bad experiences to relate with his mother's side of the family as a child and therefore could only hope that Remian's optimism was well suited as he truly wanted to take the man's encouragement to heart. Olivera had been a frightening woman. One of greed and selfishness who depended upon the love and praise of others to be happy. In being denied as much she had fallen victim to the dark influences of her magic and gave in to what ill intentions her heart desired, stealing the life of his aunt who had been but a child and manipulating his father and Silas in hopes of winning the affections of Cavril who had no interest in her. She'd lived a miserable, pathetic existence. One clouded by poor judgment and a mind obsessed with one man. She'd spent one hundred years trying to ease her way into the keeper's heart all the while stealing Alexander's as he was the only one Cavril truly loved. In retrieving it and breaking the spell cast upon his father, she'd almost killed him. He hadn't the slightest doubt that whether or not she knew he was her nephew it would have made no difference. His father had done the world a favor in ending her life. And yet reminders of her existence were still ever present when he looked in the mirror. There were days he did not see himself. But rather something dark and untouched. Knowing that this aunt was a white witch did help to some extent but it also gave the subtle fear of rejection. Vera had been a light magic user and feared his presence. Would this woman, too, see the darkness that brewed within him and refuse to help in aiding them? It was possible. Still, grimoire or not they would be entering her abode with the shadows. As he was just as capable of dark magic as Olivera had been. it was up to his aunt and her alone how they progressed from their on out once they'd reached her.

Such thoughts, thankfully, did not last long as both his own horse and Victoria's grew restless in hearing Remian unfurl his wings and as a gust of wind shot out across the surrounding area both steeds were spooked into a full out gallop. Bishop had learned how to ride at a young age under the careful supervision of his father and quickly adjusted to the change in pace, leaning forward and encouraging his horse onward. Unfortunately Victoria was far less experienced as she had become accustomed to riding with Bishop if not walking at his side. That, paired with the fact that Cato was her first stallion and had only come into their possession mere days prior proved to make his sister all the more unstable in handling the sudden outburst. Cato's hoof beats assaulted her ears in a rapid pattern as did her heartbeat. She'd inhaled past the point of filling her lungs as her eyes grew wide and she tightened her grip on the reigns. Cato's braids flailed about wildly and the passing structures were but a blur as they whipped by. It wasn't until she felt the warmth behind her and the subtle touch of Remian's hand as it closed over her own that she was able to release the breath she was holding. Cato fell into a steady groove albeit his pace did not lessen. It had merely been contained. "Oh I'm just ******** peachy, thanks for asking. A bit young for a stroke at my age but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger I guess." She spat but upon realizing just how close he was a spark of mischief lit her gaze and a grin slid across her face. "I should kick your a** for that. But since your hellbent on coming to my rescue I figure my brother is right. Maybe I should treat you a little nicer." But by no means did her tone hold sincerity and as if to further prove her point Victoria whirled around. She grabbed Remian's jaw twixt her fingers and thumb and planted a firm kiss on the side of his face just above his mask on his temple. "My hero." She mockingly swooned just as The Night's Edge came into view.

Bishop let out a huff of amusement and shook his head before pulling on the reigns of his horse as it came to a skidding stop mere feet away from Phineus. He hopped off the side and gave the stallion a quick rub on the snout and turned to his uncle, practically beaming with inner joy. "It's been a long time since I've seen this ship. Still as magnificent as ever." It had been the first time he'd ever been on an airship and the last up until this defining moment. "Yeah well then why don't you ******** marry it." Victoria pipped in as she ripped herself slowly and painfully off Cota as if the ground below her were covered in venomous serpents. "You alright Tori?" He asked with a smile to which Victoria scowled in response. "I'm great! Apparently this whole princess thing entitles you to one knight in shining armor." Remian's use of the word hadn't gone unnoticed and in truth her sudden sour behavior was more out of embarrassment for having been unable to control her own horse rather then out of anger. It didn't help that Remian's touch had left her with a tint to her facial complexion.

O U T F I T

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff