Welcome to Gaia! ::

if people can tell me some tips for using vocaloid and utau programs it would be helpful...

3,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
wait wat r we talknig about? >O>
the evil crow1111
wait wat r we talknig about? >O>

well you know what vocaloid is right? lol.. if not you should look it up... if you do know it will be cool if u have specified what you are confused about XD
Evie_03
if people can tell me some tips for using vocaloid and utau programs it would be helpful...

There's really no tip since it's a very simple process. You just write the notes (or import a midi of the notes) in the editor, enter lyric, then adjust parameters if you feel like it and that's all you really need. The music creation and mixing are pretty much done in other programs like Cubase and FL-Studio, unless you're doing an a capella.
cubase is good program to use.
If you guys are having trouble with UTAU, try right-clicking the center of the screen and select the second option.

I got sooo bored of having to do that, so I fall under the catagory of Akita Neru. xp (Gets too impatient to finish songs)

Oh! I actually like an english VOCALOID!!

Prima is cool. whee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqHv0QAFq6M
Zpander
If you guys are having trouble with UTAU, try right-clicking the center of the screen and select the second option.

I got sooo bored of having to do that, so I fall under the catagory of Akita Neru. xp (Gets too impatient to finish songs)

Prima is cool. whee
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqHv0QAFq6M

she seems to be pretty cool! more singers! yayz! razz too bad that utau is like only one thats free and all other programs= 149 dollars

1,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Zpander

Prima is cool. whee

I opened one of the voice banks and with a japanese to romaji translator I changed all the wav filenames from japanese to romaji. Now I can just open a midi and change the lyrics into syllables I understand. Only problem is that I had to spend a lot of time changing all those filenames xD.

By the way I know Kasane Ted's voice is derived from Teto but does anyone know if he's available for download? I really want to try using him T.T
yesi-chan
Zpander

Prima is cool. whee

I opened one of the voice banks and with a japanese to romaji translator I changed all the wav filenames from japanese to romaji. Now I can just open a midi and change the lyrics into syllables I understand. Only problem is that I had to spend a lot of time changing all those filenames xD.

By the way I know Kasane Ted's voice is derived from Teto but does anyone know if he's available for download? I really want to try using him T.T

if you ever finish it makesure to upload it on youtube and post the link here razz

1,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Kaito -iVocaloid-
yesi-chan
Zpander

Prima is cool. whee

if you ever finish it makesure to upload it on youtube and post the link here razz

Lol well I got Teto singing without having to write in japanese but there are only so many syllables she can say so finding the perfect song for her to sing that I can actually understand is becoming quite a task. (Especially since I don't know japanese and finding my way around the program has been hard too) I even went ahead and went through a lot of trouble with a sound editing software to change Teto's pitch and get close to having Ted xD but like I said i can't find songs for them to sing. I did get them to sing a scale xD If you want I can post that on youtube lol.
yesi-chan
Kaito -iVocaloid-
yesi-chan
Zpander

Prima is cool. whee

Lol well I got Teto singing without having to write in japanese but there are only so many syllables she can say so finding the perfect song for her to sing that I can actually understand is becoming quite a task. (Especially since I don't know japanese and finding my way around the program has been hard too) I even went ahead and went through a lot of trouble with a sound editing software to change Teto's pitch and get close to having Ted xD but like I said i can't find songs for them to sing. I did get them to sing a scale xD If you want I can post that
on youtube lol.

well i can make vocaloids sing in scale so thats fine and I can understand japanese so I wouldnt need any tutorials on those parts either

1,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Kaito -iVocaloid-

well i can make vocaloids sing in scale so thats fine and I can understand japanese so I wouldnt need any tutorials on those parts either

I just saw like 5 mins of a video from nico nico douga on how to work UTAU, lost interest then basically everything else I found out on my own. But I sooo need the program in English to be able to make them sing better and what now cause it still sounds too weird and not at all how those Japanese geniouses at nico nico douga do it xD
Kaito -iVocaloid-

Wait. ...than... Can you understand the tutorial of how to make voices? All I did was replace Teto's voice files with mine, and it sounded horrible... crying
Zpander
Kaito -iVocaloid-

Wait. ...than... Can you understand the tutorial of how to make voices? All I did was replace Teto's voice files with mine, and it sounded horrible... crying

yes I can. but if its not worked with Japanese letters it will sound bit weird... so to work out these vocaloids, u wil have to know how to sound different in ways of lets say....

"iku" and if that sounds bad u would type "ikuuu" or "iiiku" or "iiikuuu" or "icku" because when you sing there is pronounciations...

the thing with utau is that its more robotic than the real vocaloid so far... so its really difficult to make it sound good unless, you know the characteristics of the program and what it is good for.
User Image

Bleh. Posting on main account. [Ish Teto x3]
The UTAU is great, but the program sucks.
My sister downloaded a thing to make Miku sing before.
She failed. 8'3

Art above not by me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas