Welcome to Gaia! ::

Crayon Sex Vomit
I am extremely disappointed in what dir en grey has become. I understand that they want to please their American fans, but I feel that they are going about it the wrong way. They shouldn't have changed to be more like the American rock bands. They lost their identity that was so special to all their fans by doing so.

For those of you who like the new dir en grey, I congradulate you for listening to a great band, but you should listen to what they used to be if you haven't yet. Some great songs that I would recomend are : Jealous, Dead tree, Saku, obscure, [kr] cube, or anything from gauze or even macabre.

I hope this trend of Japanese bands becoming more Americanized doesn't continue.

At this point, I will only be a fan of what Diru was, not what it is now. I will only love what I have been, and I will never love what this band is anymore. I wish they wouldnt have sold out for Americans, who probably wouldnt have even liked Diru before they sounded like Korn.

I miss the quality of the lyrics and music and rhythms. Maybe one day, they'll go back to how they were best.

~You may hate me so long as you fear me.~

i don't see how their new stuff is any more americanised than obscure, dead tree and saku. their songwriting is getting better in my opinion, and no more american.

oh and, the whole vulgar album is WAY more american than their newer stuff, imo. it seems like your judging them by their singles and videos, rather than the albums.
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit
I am extremely disappointed in what dir en grey has become. I understand that they want to please their American fans, but I feel that they are going about it the wrong way. They shouldn't have changed to be more like the American rock bands. They lost their identity that was so special to all their fans by doing so.

For those of you who like the new dir en grey, I congradulate you for listening to a great band, but you should listen to what they used to be if you haven't yet. Some great songs that I would recomend are : Jealous, Dead tree, Saku, obscure, [kr] cube, or anything from gauze or even macabre.

I hope this trend of Japanese bands becoming more Americanized doesn't continue.

At this point, I will only be a fan of what Diru was, not what it is now. I will only love what I have been, and I will never love what this band is anymore. I wish they wouldnt have sold out for Americans, who probably wouldnt have even liked Diru before they sounded like Korn.

I miss the quality of the lyrics and music and rhythms. Maybe one day, they'll go back to how they were best.

i don't see how their new stuff is any more americanised than obscure, dead tree and saku. their songwriting is getting better in my opinion, and no more american.

oh and, the whole vulgar album is WAY more american than their newer stuff, imo. it seems like your judging them by their singles and videos, rather than the albums.

The whole feel of their "new single" was way off of what diru is, even though it's more like "was" now. This song is so horrible. They seem to be losing their lyrical value. If I wanted to hear what they are talking about, I would pay attention to the attention hungry emo kids.
They are way more americanized now. They don't have that same "oomph" they used too. Now they are just kind of bland like all the other american bands that they sound like now.

There is nothing wrong with judging them by their singles. If most of the singles are good, the album is good, if not, it isn't.
Crayon Sex Vomit
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit

The whole feel of their "new single" was way off of what diru is, even though it's more like "was" now. This song is so horrible. They seem to be losing their lyrical value. If I wanted to hear what they are talking about, I would pay attention to the attention hungry emo kids.
They are way more americanized now. They don't have that same "oomph" they used too. Now they are just kind of bland like all the other american bands that they sound like now.

There is nothing wrong with judging them by their singles. If most of the singles are good, the album is good, if not, it isn't.

listen to vulgar. the guitar riffs are completely american. their music is more passionate these days, and i think the marrow of a bone has way more "oomph". have you heard 'the repetition of hatred'? it does way more than anything on their previous albums...

but that's just down to taste. six ugly and vulgar where the most american things dir en grey have ever done - since then the quality has increased, and become more emotional, in a good way. they've evolved. imo. x_x

edit: the only thing that HAS become more american is their image, and videos. but that's not important as far as i'm concerned.
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit

listen to vulgar. the guitar riffs are completely american. their music is more passionate these days, and i think the marrow of a bone has way more "oomph". have you heard 'the repetition of hatred'? it does way more than anything on their previous albums...

but that's just down to taste. six ugly and vulgar where the most american things dir en grey have ever done - since then the quality has increased, and become more emotional, in a good way. imo. x_x

Well in my opinion, Marrow of a Bone was completely distasteful. Yes, I do own the CD and Have listened to it over and over and I honestly ONLY like `The Pledge`. :/ I hated the lyrics, I mean Do you honestly want to listen to Kyo swear his face off? Doe that really make a song? No. Especially when the Swearing is only there to make it seem more `angry`. Sure vulgar as you say may be 'american' But what do you call this stuff?

It sure isn't all as emotional and pretty you people think it is. As I recall, The band wanted to get a message across.
Now people are really not gonna care avbout what they're singing about even more so than during the VK era. Most all of you people will only listen to Dir en grey because you think it makes you cool to fit in and that they're `metal` and Metal music is the only thing you can tolerate.

If you actually listen with your heart instead of your overly inflated brain you can tell Dir en grey is slipping. And to be honest I think it's the new fans. :/ The new fans disgust me. I'd be slipping too if I hd to deal with them.
Crayon Sex Vomit
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit

but that's just down to taste. six ugly and vulgar where the most american things dir en grey have ever done - since then the quality has increased, and become more emotional, in a good way. imo. x_x

Well in my opinion, Marrow of a Bone was completely distasteful. Yes, I do own the CD and Have listened to it over and over and I honestly ONLY like `The Pledge`. :/ I hated the lyrics, I mean Do you honestly want to listen to Kyo swear his face off? Doe that really make a song? No. Especially when the Swearing is only there to make it seem more `angry`. Sure vulgar as you say may be 'american' But what do you call this stuff?

It sure isn't all as emotional and pretty you people think it is. As I recall, The band wanted to get a message across.
Now people are really not gonna care avbout what they're singing about even more so than during the VK era. Most all of you people will only listen to Dir en grey because you think it makes you cool to fit in and that they're `metal` and Metal music is the only thing you can tolerate.

If you actually listen with your heart instead of your overly inflated brain you can tell Dir en grey is slipping. And to be honest I think it's the new fans. :/ The new fans disgust me. I'd be slipping too if I hd to deal with them.

actually, The Marrow of a Bone is the first heavy metal album i've ever liked. and so far, the last. i don't like it because i want to look cool - i listen to pop, prog, indie, techno, hip hop, or whatever.

and i think some of the lyrics on marrow of a bone are awesome. but that's not what's important - it's the emotion he puts into singing it. it's more of an artistic thing - you take it as it is. don't pull it apart.

it's kyo's vocals on the marrow of a bone, and the new single, that make me love them so much - it's a portayal of emotional extremes, and for me, completely meaningful.
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit

actually, The Marrow of a Bone is the first heavy metal album i've ever liked. and so far, the last. i don't like it because i want to look cool - i listen to pop, prog, indie, techno, hip hop, or whatever.

and i think some of the lyrics on marrow of a bone are awesome. but that's not what's important - it's the emotion he puts into singing it. it's more of an artistic thing - you take it as it is. don't pull it apart.

it's kyo's vocals on the marrow of a bone, and the new single, that make me love them so much - it's a portayal of emotional extremes, and for me, completely meaningful.

I've seen them put more emotion in some of their earlier lives than that of the lives for these CD's.

Marrow of a Bone And Dozing Green sound Exactly alike, no matter how you look at it. The transitions from one cd to another was one of the things I admired about Dir en grey. Their style had always changed but no matter what they held true to what they were first created for. I will always love Kyo's writing, but the fact that it's slowly decling into what mainstream is depresses me. And don't go on about how I must be a Japanophile and love their VK days cause they were so sexxiii. Please give me a break. I listen to many many bands, because I like their music, and how they affect on me.

When I listened to Dozing Green, I was nothing more than disappointed. The lyrics may have been catchy, but they have yet to prove to me that their new style will TRULY get the message out.
There have been songs of Dir en grey's that have made me want to cry bcause THEY had sheer emotion.
This however made me want to puke. :/
Nothing really defines Dir en grey as much as it used to. TThe only thing is that could be a factor is Kyo's writing itself, but that's slowly going away too.

We're all entitled to an opinion. And This is mine.
You don't have to agree,
I really don't care.
I'm just saying my point of view on this since most eveyone I've seen have been freaking out about what to me is a mediocre Single.
Crayon Sex Vomit
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit

I've seen them put more emotion in some of their earlier lives than that of the lives for these CD's.

Marrow of a Bone And Dozing Green sound Exactly alike, no matter how you look at it. The transitions from one cd to another was one of the things I admired about Dir en grey. Their style had always changed but no matter what they held true to what they were first created for. I will always love Kyo's writing, but the fact that it's slowly decling into what mainstream is depresses me. And don't go on about how I must be a Japanophile and love their VK days cause they were so sexxiii. Please give me a break. I listen to many many bands, because I like their music, and how they affect on me.

When I listened to Dozing Green, I was nothing more than disappointed. The lyrics may have been catchy, but they have yet to prove to me that their new style will TRULY get the message out.
There have been songs of Dir en grey's that have made me want to cry bcause THEY had sheer emotion.
Nothing really defines Dir en grey as much as it used to. TThe only thing is that could be a factor is Kyo's writing itself, but that's slowly going away too.

You don't have to agree,
I really don't care.
I'm just saying my point of view on this since most eveyone I've seen have been freaking out about what to me is a mediocre Single.

if anything, kyo's writing and vocals is becoming less mainstream. it's more raw - the high pitched screeching he does now is awesome.

i don't think they're trying to fit in with america - they're trying to leave the whole visual kei s**t behind them - and the shallowness of the japanese mainstream.
in my opinion, their old music was too melodic, and lacked any real, true emotion. they're a totally different band now, a better band.

but yes, let's just agreeee to disagreeee
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit

You don't have to agree,
I really don't care.

if anything, kyo's writing and vocals is becoming less mainstream. it's more raw - the high pitched screeching he does now is awesome.

i don't think they're trying to fit in with america - they're trying to leave the whole visual kei s**t behind them - and the shallowness of the japanese mainstream.
in my opinion, their old music was too melodic, and lacked any real, true emotion. they're a totally different band now, a better band.

How long have you liked Dir en grey? O:
Crayon Sex Vomit
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit

You don't have to agree,
I really don't care.

How long have you liked Dir en grey? O:

since late Vulgar. I have all their other albums, and I really like them, but in a totally different way.

6,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Well, let me start out by stating that Crayon is a complete idiot who either cares nothing about poetry or she just listened to Dir en grey because it was underground. Dir en grey is NOT becoming more American. No American artist has made a video that comes close to what dir en grey has created, chewed up, and spit back out in a very disturbing way.

And, imo, Dozing Green kicks a**. Its like The Final+Zan+Clever Sleazoid+AGSoM+Something Familiar+Something completely new. I love how the song changes from something Ominous and dark, to something heavy and metal to something soft, and yet to even something sounding like its the ending of a very sad film.

BTW, I soppose I can slightly hear a bit of an "American" sound, but thats only because Dir en grey is Progressive in music and incorporates all sorts of sounds into it. If you listen closly enough, you can also hear a Jungle/African feel.
An Obscure Death
Well, let me start out by stating that Crayon is a complete idiot who either cares nothing about poetry or she just listened to Dir en grey because it was underground. Dir en grey is NOT becoming more American. No American artist has made a video that comes close to what dir en grey has created, chewed up, and spit back out in a very disturbing way.

And, imo, Dozing Green kicks a**. Its like The Final+Zan+Clever Sleazoid+AGSoM+Something Familiar+Something completely new. I love how the song changes from something Ominous and dark, to something heavy and metal to something soft, and yet to even something sounding like its the ending of a very sad film.

BTW, I soppose I can slightly hear a bit of an "American" sound, but thats only because Dir en grey is Progressive in music and incorporates all sorts of sounds into it. If you listen closly enough, you can also hear a Jungle/African feel.

I totally agree with you here. I just watched the video, and thought it was amazing. It's fast paced, yet slow at the same time. And the video...it's like a war movie, yet an actualy PV, mixed in with just a little of the weirdness of Dir en grey. Nothing really to add to what you described here...

And the song...it made me feel really happy, yet I felt sad at the same time. Nothing like what "The Final" does to me, but I still feel the same passion and energy that he puts into it. It's just kinda creepy, the way he sings. It sounds like, to him, it's not just music. It's a way of life, it's what he does; what he loves; and he puts his soul into every single word. And that scream at the end...I actually cringe every time I hear it. It's really chilling, but I love it at the same time.

.___.; This has turned into a real rant here.
Hypi
i copied the link of the video in the Vul Gar Den blog, and found it on youtube. i then commented. since then, it's been completely ********. i think i broke youtube. =(

seriously, the more i see this video, the more i think it's my favourite by them - the song as well.

and can anyone tell what manga's being used in the video?

I bet Toshiya drew it. XD
KoYami-sama
An Obscure Death

I totally agree with you here. I just watched the video, and thought it was amazing. It's fast paced, yet slow at the same time. And the video...it's like a war movie, yet an actualy PV, mixed in with just a little of the weirdness of Dir en grey. Nothing really to add to what you described here...

And the song...it made me feel really happy, yet I felt sad at the same time. Nothing like what "The Final" does to me, but I still feel the same passion and energy that he puts into it. It's just kinda creepy, the way he sings. It sounds like, to him, it's not just music. It's a way of life, it's what he does; what he loves; and he puts his soul into every single word. And that scream at the end...I actually cringe every time I hear it. It's really chilling, but I love it at the same time.

.___.; This has turned into a real rant here.

agreed

after that overly long argument with Crayon I was beginning to think I was the only one ^^;
Kyo's lyrics are tiring. You know what he says in that song?

I close off my breathing because I was amazed by the maggot infested eyes
The heart that I had calmed down spills a tear
The refreshing sun
The sound of rain, mixing while making sounds

Making my ripped heart dance, I ask emptiness
White voice, spilled breath, In the Sun

The erotically open wound
It disappears as nothing, the wind of dogma

Your heart that starts to melt
Murky dark morning, the goodbye that echoes

Making my ripped heart dance, I ask emptiness
I only want to be alone right now

One flower of spring, the crybaby neck and even you, crawling on the ground

Love Me
Abandon Hope

----
Shut up, Kyo. Stop using "ripped chest"s and "Your melting heart"s and stupid s**t that you've already used a billion times in every single thing you've written, from the very start of your career. Expand your vocabulary.

Sound wise I liked the beginning, but the high voice ruined the whole thing. Why sing in a way that you KNOW you can't sing live?

Because fans go crazy and claim that Kyo is amazing when he doesn't even sing half of each song. That's probably why.

Also, I don't get why Kyo feels that "In the sun" is so important that he has to use it 3 consecutive years in a row. How about trying "In the bathroom light"? Sounds grotesque and emo sounding enough to me.
If he says it, I called it.

PS
Hypi
actually, The Marrow of a Bone is the first heavy metal album i've ever liked. and so far, the last.

You should listen to more bands. Because Diru is probably the least hardcore compared to the heavy metal bands in the world.
I just finished watching the PV and the only thing I really liked about it was at the beginning, Kyo dancing. Plus the guitar sounds pretty good. That's about it. I'm not to fond of Diru's new stuff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff