Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with akanemutt13

Magical Girl

Kaidan
Apparently Kaoru has a monthly column in Ongaku to Hito. I wonder how they managed to pull that off. Mag doesn't really seem their style. (In which I mean five staff writers of eight reviewed the new Kazuya Yoshii album, but zero reviewed deg's new one despite the fact that they ran a new release feature on it...)

Is that a pop magazine? He did do Jessica?

Magical Girl

~shalle~la~rilla~
I am really not feeling Kyo's hat in this pic.

Does anyone still read/write fic? I just went through and read some old fic I had saved for the nostalgia of it. because i still have all of chantrea_johari's fic saved

Weird hat is weird...

Magical Girl

Toki Bird
~shalle~la~rilla~

Does anyone still read/write fic? I just went through and read some old fic I had saved for the nostalgia of it. because i still have all of chantrea_johari's fic saved

I still do.
Not really long stories, just drabbles.
I have a fic I found on my cloud that I wrote that I've picked up.

I still haven't listened to Arche, anyone know where I can?

hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Ferocious Bunny

~shalle~la~rilla~
WraithRhionann
~shalle~la~rilla~

omg, That hat... I can't... *dead* rofl
Exactly what kinds of fics? I've written one but it's been forever since I've done anything like that

The hat is rather marvelous/horrifying. it kinda looks like Pharrell's. It also makes Kyo look like a grumpy old man XD

I used to write incredibly bad slash (way... way back in the day, god I must have been seventeen O_o) and now I've found that vaguely slashy implications or just character exploration fics are more my thing (side affect of studying English lit for six years without a breath).

I guess it could have been worse. I saw Uruha and Hyde wearing these big, floppy, black hats that I swear I've seen in the ladies hat section and thought they should be granny's funeral hat or something.

The one Dir en Grey fic I wrote was more of a crack but I've done other stuff that's slash. Haven't had time to write anything for ages though. Too busy with crochet stuff atm

Ruthless Informer

Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Kaidan
Apparently Kaoru has a monthly column in Ongaku to Hito. I wonder how they managed to pull that off. Mag doesn't really seem their style. (In which I mean five staff writers of eight reviewed the new Kazuya Yoshii album, but zero reviewed deg's new one despite the fact that they ran a new release feature on it...)

No, it's a pretty indie rock mag. Usually in Japan, when it comes to rock music, magazines are split between visual and not. Generally the two don't mix. So I would expect Kaoru to have a column in something like Fool's Mate or Shoxx rather than magazines like Ongaku to Hito or Rockin'on Japan.

(Though it seems like deg are trying to spread themselves everywhere. They used to be a FM mainstay, now they actually are in Rockin'on. This truly is a strange new world.)

Jessica the song? I...don't really get why one song made years ago would make much of a difference...

But whatever. It's a pretty neat article talking about the surprising amount of time it actually takes to record an album...and damn does that boy have an accent.

Fanatical Muse

14,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Survivor 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
~shalle~la~rilla~
LOL YES. I hadn't seen it that way, but you're totally right. Or it looks like it could be in response to that Pregnancy Announcement meme that was floating around. "No Kyo, you are not the father" XD

HA! That's even more fitting than my suggestion before.

~shalle~la~rilla~
These gifs also are pretty hilarious, if only because Kyo obviously looks so frustrated trying not to laugh / wanting to laugh. ((The eighth one even looks like he's biting his lip to keep from smiling rofl ))

Nice~ It warms my heart to see Kyo smile so openly.

I was wondering, have you (or anyone else) read the joint interview with Kyo & his favorite director,Alejandro Jodorowsky? It was a pretty interesting read from both sides. Kyo + Jodorowsky interview (tumblr link)

Magical Girl

Kaidan
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Kaidan

No, it's a pretty indie rock mag. Usually in Japan, when it comes to rock music, magazines are split between visual and not. Generally the two don't mix. So I would expect Kaoru to have a column in something like Fool's Mate or Shoxx rather than magazines like Ongaku to Hito or Rockin'on Japan.

(Though it seems like deg are trying to spread themselves everywhere. They used to be a FM mainstay, now they actually are in Rockin'on. This truly is a strange new world.)

Jessica the song? I...don't really get why one song made years ago would make much of a difference...

But whatever. It's a pretty neat article talking about the surprising amount of time it actually takes to record an album...and damn does that boy have an accent.

Accent?

Jessica is very heavily pop influenced IMO

Don't feel like Dir has been "Visual" for quite some time honestly.

Ruthless Informer

Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Accent?

Yeah, I don't have it with me right now (at work, lol), but he definitely writes with a regional dialect. Back when I was all degsuperfan, my Japanese was pretty weak, so I never caught it before, but it's pretty clear in the writing. I'll pull out an example later on, if you want. It just makes reading the article a bit...amusing, linguistically.

Maybe that's why Jessica was so bad...

Anyway, in comparison to bands that never hit the visual cash cow, they are still pretty visual. I'll admit, though, they're quite a bit toned down from where they were.

Magical Girl

Kaidan
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Accent?

Yeah, I don't have it with me right now (at work, lol), but he definitely writes with a regional dialect. Back when I was all degsuperfan, my Japanese was pretty weak, so I never caught it before, but it's pretty clear in the writing. I'll pull out an example later on, if you want. It just makes reading the article a bit...amusing, linguistically.

Maybe that's why Jessica was so bad...

Anyway, in comparison to bands that never hit the visual cash cow, they are still pretty visual. I'll admit, though, they're quite a bit toned down from where they were.

That sounds really interesting, is that a thing people from Osaka have? I was under the impression they were all from Osaka.

Jessica wasn't bad... IT WAS s**t

I see what you're saying but I find it very hard to categorize them as visual now a days, I see visual as dressing the part being the biggest factor, then the vocal style next, then the instrumentality of the bands, to me visual is very bass and drum focused with well placed guitar that invokes emotion good and bad. I think it might be because I think of Kamijo as the tippy top prime example of visual and that may make it so I don't have that firm a grasp

Ruthless Informer

Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
That sounds really interesting, is that a thing people from Osaka have? I was under the impression they were all from Osaka.

I see what you're saying but I find it very hard to categorize them as visual now a days, I see visual as dressing the part being the biggest factor, then the vocal style next, then the instrumentality of the bands, to me visual is very bass and drum focused with well placed guitar that invokes emotion good and bad. I think it might be because I think of Kamijo as the tippy top prime example of visual and that may make it so I don't have that firm a grasp
It's not quite Kansai-ben. I'm all up in that. From what I remember, he's from...not quite Kansai. They're all from around this area, from what I remember. I know that when I went up to Nabari, here in Mie, someone told me it was Die's hometown (gorgeous in the fall). Kyo is from Kyoto...wikipedia says Kaoru's from Hyogo, Toshiya's from up in Nagano (ugh, cold D: ), and Shinya's the only one from Osaka. I think Hyogo's got their own dialect out there. But yeah, aside from Toshiya, they're all in the general Kansai region.
lol Oh man, my supervisor just caught me laughing at that...I think I'm the new office weirdo.
Oh man, Kamijo and his label army of copy/paste, cookie cutter bands. Yeah. That crap was pretty iconic of that set of visual, but...the thing about visual is that it has a lot of sub-styles under it that can make it vastly different from band to band. Then you've got FRANKLY AWFUL s**t like Sekai no Owari going around further muddying the water with that weirdo in the clown mask parading all over TV, WHAT IS THE POINT OF THAT THING, I ask you! In any case, maybe I'm just stuck in my opinion that once visual, always visual.

Anymore, I've spent most of my time actively avoiding visual bands, as I find them to be too prone to following the kata, like enka performers. They begin by copying those who have come before them, perfecting the act, before they are allowed to branch out and show some uniquely identifying characteristics, like deg did with Kuroyume. But that's just my theory.

O.G. Rabbit

User Image

does anyone else want to take this photo and put it in a victoria's secret magazine?

Magical Girl

~shalle~la~rilla~
User Image

does anyone else want to take this photo and put it in a victoria's secret magazine?

I want to cry...

Magical Girl

Kaidan
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D

It's not quite Kansai-ben. I'm all up in that. From what I remember, he's from...not quite Kansai. They're all from around this area, from what I remember. I know that when I went up to Nabari, here in Mie, someone told me it was Die's hometown (gorgeous in the fall). Kyo is from Kyoto...wikipedia says Kaoru's from Hyogo, Toshiya's from up in Nagano (ugh, cold D: ), and Shinya's the only one from Osaka. I think Hyogo's got their own dialect out there. But yeah, aside from Toshiya, they're all in the general Kansai region.
lol Oh man, my supervisor just caught me laughing at that...I think I'm the new office weirdo.
Oh man, Kamijo and his label army of copy/paste, cookie cutter bands. Yeah. That crap was pretty iconic of that set of visual, but...the thing about visual is that it has a lot of sub-styles under it that can make it vastly different from band to band. Then you've got FRANKLY AWFUL s**t like Sekai no Owari going around further muddying the water with that weirdo in the clown mask parading all over TV, WHAT IS THE POINT OF THAT THING, I ask you! In any case, maybe I'm just stuck in my opinion that once visual, always visual.

Anymore, I've spent most of my time actively avoiding visual bands, as I find them to be too prone to following the kata, like enka performers. They begin by copying those who have come before them, perfecting the act, before they are allowed to branch out and show some uniquely identifying characteristics, like deg did with Kuroyume. But that's just my theory.

Very educational,,,

Ruthless Informer

~shalle~la~rilla~
User Image

It almost looks like Kaoru took the sleeves off of and stole Toshiya's dress from way back.

O.G. Rabbit

I had this amazing dream last night that Dir en grey was touring the North America again and they were playing right down my street and the music was beautiful and I woke up in a state of such ecstasy...

and then I realized it was a dream. Shucks.

I think they're going to announce another tour after the new year.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff