Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ferocious Bunny

Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
WraithRhionann
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
WraithRhionann
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
WraithRhionann

To each their own I suppose. That video though. I'm going to go rock in the corner for a little while and maybe one day I'll listen only to them and decide I like the music. Saku freaked me out a little when I first saw the PV and now I like the song alright.

Agreed to your above point, you like what you like, I like what I like and I respect your opinions mostly because you also like Dir en Grey lol

Saku made me a Dir en Grey fan

Yes, we can agree on Dir en Grey. I forget which song I really connected with first but right now I have Lotus as my ringtone.

I have Mama by Kyo. Sukekiyo ruined it so I had to honor its death.

I didn't even know that was out there. The music in the original version seems to have kind of a jazz feel to it, imo.

That's what made it good... crying

It's growing on me, I like his vocals a bit more in that one.

O.G. Rabbit

Is anyone else getting an X Japan feel from Revelation of Mankind?
Something about it from about 2:00 onwards, especially at 2:29, some of the chord progressions just sound... a lot like X Japan but I can't put my finger on what song exactly.

Ruthless Informer

Apparently Kaoru has a monthly column in Ongaku to Hito. I wonder how they managed to pull that off. Mag doesn't really seem their style. (In which I mean five staff writers of eight reviewed the new Kazuya Yoshii album, but zero reviewed deg's new one despite the fact that they ran a new release feature on it...)

O.G. Rabbit

I am really not feeling Kyo's hat in this pic.

Does anyone still read/write fic? I just went through and read some old fic I had saved for the nostalgia of it. because i still have all of chantrea_johari's fic saved

Tipsy Kitten

~shalle~la~rilla~

Does anyone still read/write fic? I just went through and read some old fic I had saved for the nostalgia of it. because i still have all of chantrea_johari's fic saved

I still do.
Not really long stories, just drabbles.
I have a fic I found on my cloud that I wrote that I've picked up.

I still haven't listened to Arche, anyone know where I can?

O.G. Rabbit

Toki Bird
~shalle~la~rilla~

I still do.

I think you can listen to parts of Arche on YouTube if you just type it in the searchbar...
A couple of V-Kei DL sites might have working links, and it's def. on Piratebay by now. Other than that, you'd have to get it on iTunes.

I'm graduating from Uni tomorrow, so I'm considering getting back into fic writing because Diru's new album has inspired me, but I haven't done it in so long that I'm afraid it's going to be complete crap XD

EDIT: this looks like it has the full playlist of songs.

Tipsy Kitten

~shalle~la~rilla~
Toki Bird
~shalle~la~rilla~

I still do.

I think you can listen to parts of Arche on YouTube if you just type it in the searchbar...
A couple of V-Kei DL sites might have working links, and it's def. on Piratebay by now. Other than that, you'd have to get it on iTunes.

I'm graduating from Uni tomorrow, so I'm considering getting back into fic writing because Diru's new album has inspired me, but I haven't done it in so long that I'm afraid it's going to be complete crap XD

EDIT: this looks like it has the full playlist of songs.

Congrats!

and thanks for the playlist.

Fanatical Muse

14,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Survivor 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
~shalle~la~rilla~
Something about it from about 2:00 onwards, especially at 2:29, some of the chord progressions just sound... a lot like X Japan but I can't put my finger on what song exactly.

I listened to that part & I think I know what you meant by it. It sort of sounds like "Rose of Pain" from their album "Blue Blood".

On-topic: Did anyone buy the special versions with the DVD? If so, how's the DVD? Is it any good?

O.G. Rabbit

Sukeban-Kure
~shalle~la~rilla~

I listened to that part & I think I know what you meant by it. It sort of sounds like "Rose of Pain" from their album "Blue Blood".

On-topic: Did anyone buy the special versions with the DVD? If so, how's the DVD? Is it any good?

I'm glad you heard it too, I wasn't sure if I was going crazy XD

I didn't get the special version this time, but there are some gifs from a performance of Hageshisa floating around on Tumblr and it made me want to see the video. Unfortunately, I have yet to find it.

Ferocious Bunny

~shalle~la~rilla~

omg, That hat... I can't... *dead* rofl
Exactly what kinds of fics? I've written one but it's been forever since I've done anything like that

Fanatical Muse

14,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Survivor 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
~shalle~la~rilla~
I'm glad you heard it too, I wasn't sure if I was going crazy XD

I didn't get the special version this time, but there are some gifs from a performance of Hageshisa floating around on Tumblr and it made me want to see the video. Unfortunately, I have yet to find it.

Yeah, I had read your post awhile back (before I replied) & I got really curious, wondering what song you may have been thinking of.

In this gif of kyo. . .

User Image

. . . Doesn't he look all amped up, like he just won a bet that involved a lot of money or something?

O.G. Rabbit

WraithRhionann
~shalle~la~rilla~

omg, That hat... I can't... *dead* rofl
Exactly what kinds of fics? I've written one but it's been forever since I've done anything like that

The hat is rather marvelous/horrifying. it kinda looks like Pharrell's. It also makes Kyo look like a grumpy old man XD

I used to write incredibly bad slash (way... way back in the day, god I must have been seventeen O_o) and now I've found that vaguely slashy implications or just character exploration fics are more my thing (side affect of studying English lit for six years without a breath).

O.G. Rabbit

Sukeban-Kure
Yeah, I had read your post awhile back (before I replied) & I got really curious, wondering what song you may have been thinking of.

In this gif of kyo. . .

User Image

. . . Doesn't he look all amped up, like he just won a bet that involved a lot of money or something?

LOL YES. I hadn't seen it that way, but you're totally right. Or it looks like it could be in response to that Pregnancy Announcement meme that was floating around. "No Kyo, you are not the father" XD

These gifs also are pretty hilarious, if only because Kyo obviously looks so frustrated trying not to laugh / wanting to laugh. ((The eighth one even looks like he's biting his lip to keep from smiling rofl ))

In a relationship with akanemutt13

Magical Girl

WraithRhionann
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
WraithRhionann
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
WraithRhionann

Yes, we can agree on Dir en Grey. I forget which song I really connected with first but right now I have Lotus as my ringtone.

I have Mama by Kyo. Sukekiyo ruined it so I had to honor its death.

I didn't even know that was out there. The music in the original version seems to have kind of a jazz feel to it, imo.

That's what made it good... crying

It's growing on me, I like his vocals a bit more in that one.

More range

In a relationship with akanemutt13

Magical Girl

~shalle~la~rilla~

I don't like X Japan... >.>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces