55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Alura19
Nyadriel
Alura19
Fireweed_Weed
It was meant as a literary reference as pertaining to extremism and public shaming
rolleyes

Either way, public shaming is never "out of style" as you put it. It never will be.
Obviously that song is right and 'only stupid people are breeding'

Well then. That means that there is not even one single person in the whole human race that is not stupid. Right?
(not even have heard the song much less heard of it)

Magical Genius

Nyadriel
A lot of people don't have kids, granted it's not the majority, but the majority are idiots.
Also it's Harvey Danger, Flagpole Sitta.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Alura19
Nyadriel
A lot of people don't have kids, granted it's not the majority, but the majority are idiots.
Also it's Harvey Danger, Flagpole Sitta.

I am sure the minorities are just as stupid in some way or another since no one is safe from that.

Out of touch with most of today's music since I never hear of him. I like the old stuff.

Magical Genius

Nyadriel

I am sure the minorities are just as stupid in some way or another since no one is safe from that.

Out of touch with most of today's music since I never hear of him. I like the old stuff.
I don't disagree with that statement at all.

It's an older song, '90s I think?

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Alura19
Fireweed_Weed
It was meant as a literary reference as pertaining to extremism and public shaming
rolleyes

I got what the A stood for, that was why I said she hadn't committed adultery.

Magical Genius

I'm surprised that the long-term ramifications of this aren't being considered, especially considering the forum in which it's being discussed. A lot of companies now 'google' potential employees as part of their hiring process, granted this might dissipate into non-existence by then, but what if it did come up? That's not the impression I'd ever want my superior to have.

Magical Genius

Fireweed_honey

I got what the A stood for, that was why I said she hadn't committed adultery.
I know, but I thought if I changed the letter I might be a little ambiguous in the reference.

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Alura19
I'm surprised that the long-term ramifications of this aren't being considered, especially considering the forum in which it's being discussed. A lot of companies now 'google' potential employees as part of their hiring process, granted this might dissipate into non-existence by then, but what if it did come up? That's not the impression I'd ever want my superior to have.

I'm pretty sure that companies forgive transgressions of a 10 year old. It's when you are posting naked pictures of yourself (like my cousin) or talking bad about your current and past employers (again, cousin) or have pictures of you partying every weekend (swear, again, cousin, someone needs to take her computer away) that they get weary. They can't come out and say, "We're not hiring you because you lied about your age when you were 10". They more care about who you are now, not who you were when you in fifth grade. And if my cousin, who has public pages with her nudies and party pics and daily posts from work talking about how much she hates them (unless they feed her) can get a job, this little girl can when she's old enough to work.

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
If she's already defying the rules at 10 years I think a little public humiliation is warranted. Next lock out her ability to create social media accounts and chat rooms on her accounts or not let her on the computer again till she's more mature to handle the responsibilty.

Magical Genius

Fireweed_honey
I didn't say it would prevent her from being hired, I said it would leave an impression on future associates. It's a social media stigma that might be an embarrassment in her future, that was probably not intended, but those are current realities.

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Alura19
Fireweed_honey
I didn't say it would prevent her from being hired, I said it would leave an impression on future associates. It's a social media stigma that might be an embarrassment in her future, that was probably not intended, but those are current realities.

My bad, I must have misread that. I thought you were talking about getting jobs.

Magical Genius

Fireweed_honey
No worries ^.^
I think my biggest problem is people (the dad in this case) don't understand how far reaching and permanent the internet is. It's a lesson yes, but, it could be a life long lesson that will follow her forever. I think the fact that we're discussing it on Gaia is a testament to that.

Enduring Bard

I think that at the end of the day, all that matters is that she learned her lesson and that she is safe.
I understand that it can be very emotionally distressing to a young child to be embarrassed like that, but I think that the alternative could have been so much worse.
Kids don't realize or even care about the dangers of the internet. I know I didn't. I'm sure that by now everyone can fill in the "what if" situations.
But then also, children do what they want. I'm just glad that her father was able to find out before it was too late (kidnapped, raped, 11 & pregnant, etc). It's just so alarming how young these kids are. At 10 (I'm 20 now) and 11 years old, kids are doing things I didn't know or would even care about doing (twerking and social media) at that age.

Adventuring Lionheart

11,275 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
Valiant Corvus
I see nothing wrong with this.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Fireweed_honey
Alura19

I'm pretty sure that companies forgive transgressions of a 10 year old. It's when you are posting naked pictures of yourself (like my cousin) or talking bad about your current and past employers (again, cousin) or have pictures of you partying every weekend (swear, again, cousin, someone needs to take her computer away) that they get weary. They can't come out and say, "We're not hiring you because you lied about your age when you were 10". They more care about who you are now, not who you were when you in fifth grade. And if my cousin, who has public pages with her nudies and party pics and daily posts from work talking about how much she hates them (unless they feed her) can get a job, this little girl can when she's old enough to work.

What kind of job does your cousin have, though. Not all companies are checking yet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff