Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Nyadriel
Fireweed_honey
Alura19
I'm surprised that the long-term ramifications of this aren't being considered, especially considering the forum in which it's being discussed. A lot of companies now 'google' potential employees as part of their hiring process, granted this might dissipate into non-existence by then, but what if it did come up? That's not the impression I'd ever want my superior to have.

I'm pretty sure that companies forgive transgressions of a 10 year old. It's when you are posting naked pictures of yourself (like my cousin) or talking bad about your current and past employers (again, cousin) or have pictures of you partying every weekend (swear, again, cousin, someone needs to take her computer away) that they get weary. They can't come out and say, "We're not hiring you because you lied about your age when you were 10". They more care about who you are now, not who you were when you in fifth grade. And if my cousin, who has public pages with her nudies and party pics and daily posts from work talking about how much she hates them (unless they feed her) can get a job, this little girl can when she's old enough to work.

What kind of job does your cousin have, though. Not all companies are checking yet.

I think it's a call/complain center for Time Warner, but with the pictures she posts, it's more like a long nap time.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Valiant Corvus
this is my fall avatar
This Is NoMerycy

The key word here always has to be sometimes. Sometimes a child will respond better to being taken aside and dealt with quietly. Sometimes they won't. She just might be one who doesn't listen to words alone. We don't know. I think we just need to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and move on. :/ What he did wasn't inherently wrong, so, whatever. Live and let live.
Anyone who believes that you can just take them aside and talk rationally with a child has obviously never been a parent.

Especially if the kid in question acts like ,well,Joffery.x-x;

(Hope the quote works this time.x-x wink

Lonely Poster

8,850 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
5'9 and 10-years-old? Holy s**t.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
This Is NoMercy
Calling her a brat is a bit harsh don't you think? neutral

Anyways, I find this ******** ridiculous. Just ground her and take away her computer for a few days. Humiliation is not a proper punishment, especially over something this minor. Like seriously, I hope you all never have any kids

Believe me, if parents think they will get more respect in return for antics like these, then they're dead wrong.
What they'll get instead is a child who no longer feels he or she can trust the parents.
Yes, children need boundaries, guidance and family rules. What they don't need is to feel betrayed by the people who should ultimately take care of them.

The Internet is forever. Things go viral in a crazy-short amount of time.Would you want all the dumb stuff you did as a kid broadcast for all to see?
When you google yourself in the future, do you want the first thing to pop up to be a picture of you being humiliated by your parents when you were ten? Like, how do any of you possibly think this is in any way a good idea.

We are also too conditioned to make excuses for this. I mean look at how 'funny' parents humiliating their children is supposed to be or how destroying or threatening to destroy their child's things (rememeber that hillbilly dad from a few years back who shot his daughter's laptap because she had the audasty to (gasp!) complain about chores on facebook.) is considered a'okay and a good way to keep a child 'in line'.

And honestly all of this just seems like an easy way for lazy parents to pat themselves on the back for doing a "good job" instead of actually taking to their kid and trying to see what the problem is. I mean, why do that when you can just upload pics of your kid looking stupid on Facebook and have millions of strangers gush over how amazing you are for being a bully to your own kid. rolleyes

Nah, she's a brat. And a bit skanky if she's jumping into it that early. Girls being so obsessed with having boyfriends is creeping me the ******** out. If this was a swapped article from three years in the future talking about how she was dumb enough to meet one of her "boyfriends" and got assaulted, I can't honestly say I'd feel bad for her. I look down on anyone who goes to meet someone from the internet without friends and a plan.

Do you really think they could enforce the computer thing well enough, both because she had been hiding this for so long AND because blocking kids from technology is starting to be considered abuse in some places? I hope your kids don't get murdered one day.

Nah, there's some serious props with this type of action. Facebook Dad is still one of the coolest dads ever, and it comes with an important lesson; don't try to talk s**t about the parents who take good care of you, give you expensive things, and require very little of you in return. That will bite you in the a** so quick. There's also that kid who bitched about getting a Captain America toy from the church Christmas tree and his grandmother made him unwrap his brand new playstation and say goodbye to it because that and all his other presents were going to charity. You don't complain about a toy because it won't let you play GTAV. You say thank you and just don't ******** do anything with it. Maybe find a friend who might like it.

Notice how I don't know the names of any of these people. I don't care about the person because the story itself is a fantastic warning to kids. It's the easiest way to say "If you do this, this will happen." And if you're one of those people still pratting on about the internet being forever, you obviously know nothing about the human attention span. The thing about being viral is the flare of popularity and the incredibly short life span. Watch the Youtube rewinds and ask yourself how many of those things you would remember without seeing that video. Many of them were considered damn near godly inspired when they happened.

He could just shoot her if that makes you more comfortable. Since you know it's still considered HIS LAPTOP since, he was paying for it, he pays for the power it works on, he pays to get it fixed, he pays for the software that needs to be installed, he pays for all her other s**t, and she couldn't even hold a job for, what was it, two months? There was something about that. And it wasn't just complaining about chores. They required the bare minimum of her; I can look it up and list everyone if you want, and she blocked them from her Facebook and shitposted them to her friends like she was a big badass, when she can't even support herself without them. And the number one reason I think she deserved this was because she had the nerve to insult a family friend and treat her like a ******** maid, when that woman was helping them out in return for them being nice to her. That's the truly hard thing because it makes you wonder about her and her financial situation that they've got a barter situation going on. If you don't want to be treated like a selfish t**t, don't be a selfish t**t. It's that simple.

Because it's so easy to forget how this is also a warning. How many of her "boyfriends" do you think will end up seeing this? How many people do you think were reminded of catfishing and predators? Also, you complain about that. Do you complain about other pictures posted to social media by parents?

Fluffy Fatcat

11,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Heckler 50
this is my fall avatar
            I sense I'm gonna get a lot of troll flak for this, but whatever.

I support low and medium-grade humiliation as a parenting tool. I mean, it just might because I hate kids, and the thought of knocking the 13-going-on-30 ones down a peg makes me incredibly happy, but I think if a child has the gall to defy their parents' rules so brazenly, or to act so unbelievably stupid and put themselves in danger, the least a parent should do is make them wear a shirt

And let's be real. The design of the shirt isn't horrible for a ten-year-old. I don't mean the writing, but the graphics and such. Some ten year olds must think that kind of style is cool. At least it's not bubble letters, flowers, and Dore the Explorer. And even if it was, who's it hurting? If the kid gets bullied for it I see where some people might complain, but if that was the case she could just put a sweater on and the issue's solved, or if she wasn't allowed to take one with her, she could spill something on herself at lunch and go to the nurse for a new shirt. And for the barrettes and such -- kids wear that crap, so it's not like she'd even be the only one.

Really this is getting blown a little out of proportion. He didn't hit her, he didn't lock her in the car, he didn't deny her food. Maybe he got her laughed at a bit, but the way she was acting to warrant this? I think laughter at her expense for a day is a very mild punishment for that. People need to grow up and let others parent their kids how they see fit (within reason, of course; abuse is not okay so don't take that statement as supportive of it -.-)

This ^

Wintry Dragon

5'9" at 10 years old?
I'm really a shrimp. emo

I think he's actually being nice and didn't writ "Jailbait" directly on the shirt.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff