Autobots or Decepticons?

Autobots 0.2540415704388 25.4% [ 110 ]
Decepticons 0.22632794457275 22.6% [ 98 ]
Triple Changers! 0.085450346420323 8.5% [ 37 ]
I like them all 0.43418013856813 43.4% [ 188 ]
Total Votes:[ 433 ]

Valiant Jackling

SenatorShockwave

Like, it's not a problem with just mine. It's a problem reviews have noted. The cockpit doesnt peg in very well to his waist so he's constantly popping apart. And his wings sometimes fall from his back.

Same with the re-release Grimlock, really. The original (circa 2005) was pretty solid, from what I've heard. For some reason the re-release had QC issues. It was pretty rare to find one with a good set of legs.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Erailea
SenatorShockwave

Like, it's not a problem with just mine. It's a problem reviews have noted. The cockpit doesnt peg in very well to his waist so he's constantly popping apart. And his wings sometimes fall from his back.

Same with the re-release Grimlock, really. The original (circa 2005) was pretty solid, from what I've heard. For some reason the re-release had QC issues. It was pretty rare to find one with a good set of legs.

Kinda glad I talked myself out of getting him awhile back... Had I only done with the $200 mess that is MP Scream.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Anyone looking for Wave 4 Deluxes, and maybe even the Wave 3's, BBTS has them all in stock. emo

Valiant Jackling

SenatorShockwave
Anyone looking for Wave 4 Deluxes, and maybe even the Wave 3's, BBTS has them all in stock. emo

I actually saw Ironhide and Prowl in Target last week. Passed 'em up though. Wish I could find Sunny. I don't have a single figure of him in my collection and don't feel like paying $23+ after shipping just to get him from BBTS gonk

On a slightly different note, I saw leader Thundercracker today. Spiffy looking character, very tempting, but I ultimately left him behind. Now, had he been Starscream things might have ended differently...

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Erailea
SenatorShockwave

I actually saw Ironhide and Prowl in Target last week. Passed 'em up though. Wish I could find Sunny. I don't have a single figure of him in my collection and don't feel like paying $23+ after shipping just to get him from BBTS gonk

On a slightly different note, I saw leader Thundercracker today. Spiffy looking character, very tempting, but I ultimately left him behind. Now, had he been Starscream things might have ended differently...

I have CW Thundercracker... and Takara MP Starscream... Both regrets.

Valiant Jackling

SenatorShockwave
Erailea
SenatorShockwave

Lol. Can't really win, can you. I guess If I ever saw MP Starscream at TRU I'd pick him up, if I had the extra cash to do so, just because the cost difference between the Leader and MP isn't much right now. I suspect TRU will jack the price on the MP, though. They always do on the popular, high end figures stressed

Chances are I'll never see either of them to be tempted anyway. TRU isn't close enough for a regular check in and my Walmart and Target rarely restock their shelves these days.

Oh well. Money saved.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Erailea
SenatorShockwave
Erailea
SenatorShockwave

Lol. Can't really win, can you. I guess If I ever saw MP Starscream at TRU I'd pick him up, if I had the extra cash to do so, just because the cost difference between the Leader and MP isn't much right now. I suspect TRU will jack the price on the MP, though. They always do on the popular, high end figures stressed

Chances are I'll never see either of them to be tempted anyway. TRU isn't close enough for a regular check in and my Walmart and Target rarely restock their shelves these days.

Oh well. Money saved.

I know the feeling. There's 3 Walamarts in my town alone. Along with a Target and TRU.
Then counting the 4 closest towns to this one, There's like 7 Walmarts, 3 Targets, and 2 TRUs.
And they all pretty much suck. (Sans 1 Walmart and 1 Target as I haven't really gone to there in a long while).

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Pawn shop nearby has a MP-01 in box and everything from the 20th Anniversary.

Should I get it? It's only $120.

Valiant Jackling

SenatorShockwave

Personally, I own MP-10, so I'd skip it. I don't have much need for "duplicate" MPs when there are others on my want list.

But if you don't have MP-10 (or the original MP 01) or want to own every MP of your favorite characters, I'd say go for it... if the reviews on the figure are any good. I've never looked into it to know.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Erailea
SenatorShockwave

Personally, I own MP-10, so I'd skip it. I don't have much need for "duplicate" MPs when there are others on my want list.

But if you don't have MP-10 (or the original MP 01) or want to own every MP of your favorite characters, I'd say go for it... if the reviews on the figure are any good. I've never looked into it to know.

I have an MP-10 as well. I just thought it'd be nice to have an MP-1.

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
SenatorShockwave
Erailea
SenatorShockwave

I have an MP-10 as well. I just thought it'd be nice to have an MP-1.

I have MP-1 and I like it, but it isn't really to scale with the others, so I'd say if you already have MP-10 it may not be worth it. Then again. I don't have MP-10 so I can't compare the two.

Valiant Jackling

Well, I got my wish. I found Sunstreaker. Two of them, actually... and didn't buy either. The figure is so bulky and unappealing it's sad. These combiner figures seem prone to the "no shape, no grace" issue, as far as I'm concerned.

Oh well.

Valiant Jackling

I found Leader Ultra Magnus... and had to leave him behind *cries*

Of course I had to find him the week I plan to buy my own helmet for horseback riding lessons and the week before I need to buy another lesson package to continue longsword training *sigh*

Primus mocks me from his place of slumber.

Valiant Jackling

That "Gah!" moment when you're re-organizing your toy collections and in so doing run out of shelf space before everything is put away...

I turned the top of a bookcases into a Starcraft shelf and now all the TF figures that were are on it are homeless... as well as a few from other shelves I shuffled around while dusting today. But I really needed a good place for my Starcraft statues. Kerrigan fell off my desk a few weeks ago and snapped her wing in half gonk It doesn't help the statues are horribly designed. They're top heavy and the bases, which you have to peg their feet into, don't offer a strong enough connection to keep them in place. Jim Raynor is the worst... he was actually the one who "killed" Kerrigan <.< He fell over out of the blue (for the upteenth time because his stand is the shitty-ist of the three) and took her with him. The only one who has a good base is Zeratul... if you have him facing the right direction, otherwise gravity sends him toppling instantly.

I'm hoping their new location will keep them stable since their backs are to a hard surface. If not, I might have to glue them in place...

But now I have no idea of what to do with the dozen and a half figures I moved.... gonk

Hallowed Phantom

26,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
I'm a big fan of the G1 and Beast Wars cartoons. I'm a collector too and I'm proud of what I got right now.

-Transformers: Robots in Disguise Classic Megatron
-Shattered Glass Megatron
-Shattered Glass Rodimus
-Shattered Glass Optimus Prime version 2
-Shattered Glass Drift

I also have almost all of the Transformer comics printed out by Dreamwave before they went bankrupt.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff