Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Autobots or Decepticons?

Autobots 0.2540415704388 25.4% [ 110 ]
Decepticons 0.22632794457275 22.6% [ 98 ]
Triple Changers! 0.085450346420323 8.5% [ 37 ]
I like them all 0.43418013856813 43.4% [ 188 ]
Total Votes:[ 433 ]

I came to this tread and I find I'm not the only one who has next to nothing available. One time a month or two ago I was at a walmart and there were 20 or 21 pegs designated for transformers (including the mash-up, though larger boxed toys are on shelves below). On those 20 or 21 pegs there was a total of 25 toys! As you can image, a lot of pegs were empty which just reflects poorly on the store, frankly the rest of the boys toy department wasn't much better.

Being in Canada the prices keep me from collecting. I managed to find at that same store by some miracle on a visit all five parts of Defensor. I had (and probably still do if I knew where to look) the original Defensor and it would be kind of neat to get the new one. Not gonna happen as $35 for the main body and $20 for each limb. I know it's bigger but I'm not sure that the entire original cost $35 total when I was a kid. I know inflation happens but those limbs are not only expensive, the same class in the RiD line were only $16 and that size was $12-$14 only about five years ago, if that.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
KaguraOfTheWind
I came to this tread and I find I'm not the only one who has next to nothing available. One time a month or two ago I was at a walmart and there were 20 or 21 pegs designated for transformers (including the mash-up, though larger boxed toys are on shelves below). On those 20 or 21 pegs there was a total of 25 toys! As you can image, a lot of pegs were empty which just reflects poorly on the store, frankly the rest of the boys toy department wasn't much better.

Being in Canada the prices keep me from collecting. I managed to find at that same store by some miracle on a visit all five parts of Defensor. I had (and probably still do if I knew where to look) the original Defensor and it would be kind of neat to get the new one. Not gonna happen as $35 for the main body and $20 for each limb. I know it's bigger but I'm not sure that the entire original cost $35 total when I was a kid. I know inflation happens but those limbs are not only expensive, the same class in the RiD line were only $16 and that size was $12-$14 only about five years ago, if that.

So long as SOMETHING is sitting on the shelf, unless the Department Manager of Toys goes out of their way to manually order something, it won't come in.

So as long as there is a Rattrap or some Wave 1 Combiner Deluxe or voyager or leader or whatever, sitting there, nothing new will come in 95% of the time.

Says the guy who works at a Walmart and knows how s**t like this works.
The thing is I grew up in the 80's and I see all these empty toy shelves (not to mention the over inflated prices) and I remember how it was back then and it just makes me want to weep at how bad it's become.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Managed to get a Universe Hound.
Got my hands on a Drift as well.
PLUS, a friend got me a TFCC Chromedome
AND I found an in box AM-11 Arcee at my local pawn shop and grabbed it... And also grabbed the Universe Powerglide and Stormcloud they had. emo

Valiant Jackling

I haven't been on the internet much for the last three weeks. Any big, important TF news come out as of late?

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Erailea
I haven't been on the internet much for the last three weeks. Any big, important TF news come out as of late?

Some Titan Wars info leaked.

And Maketoys revealed that their 3P Tailgate comes with a Uni Cyclonus upgrade kit.
SenatorShockwave
KaguraOfTheWind

So long as SOMETHING is sitting on the shelf, unless the Department Manager of Toys goes out of their way to manually order something, it won't come in.

So as long as there is a Rattrap or some Wave 1 Combiner Deluxe or voyager or leader or whatever, sitting there, nothing new will come in 95% of the time.

I'm lucky over here, our walmart doesn't have much variety, only the deluxe combiners and some megatrons, but they keep up to date with what they do have. We got defensor around early july. Not to many collectors where I live so I can save up the money I need.

Now if only hasbro would re-release blackjack so I don't have to pay $30 for him.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Yokai Girl
SenatorShockwave
KaguraOfTheWind

I'm lucky over here, our walmart doesn't have much variety, only the deluxe combiners and some megatrons, but they keep up to date with what they do have. We got defensor around early july. Not to many collectors where I live so I can save up the money I need.

Now if only hasbro would re-release blackjack so I don't have to pay $30 for him.

Ech I'm honestly not into 99% of this line.

I got the three figures I wanted and six I didn't really want. And have UW Defensor on preorder till I decide I dont want him. - w-

Valiant Jackling

SenatorShockwave
Erailea

Some Titan Wars info leaked.

And Maketoys revealed that their 3P Tailgate comes with a Uni Cyclonus upgrade kit.

Neither of which really interest me xd Guess I didn't miss much. Lol

Valiant Jackling

My niece knows me well xd She insisted on giving me RID Grimlock for my birthday. He's been one of the very few RID figures I've been tempted to pick up heart

My sister gave me a couple of the Construct Bots kits too heart

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Erailea
My niece knows me well xd She insisted on giving me RID Grimlock for my birthday. He's been one of the very few RID figures I've been tempted to pick up heart

My sister gave me a couple of the Construct Bots kits too heart

I got Strongarm and Bee plus their reprolabel kits. I enjoy them.

Valiant Jackling

My geek side is crying. Apparently Hasbro re-released MP Starscream and Takara is coming out with MP Ironhide.

I want both so bad, but I just started horseback riding lessons and German Longsword training crying

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Erailea
My geek side is crying. Apparently Hasbro re-released MP Starscream and Takara is coming out with MP Ironhide.

I want both so bad, but I just started horseback riding lessons and German Longsword training crying

MP Starscream is kinda bleh. It's the MP-11 mold and it doesnt come with the coronation stuff, but it does come with a stand. BUT he doesnt peg together very well.

Ironhide though... Do want. AND they hinted at a Hound.

Valiant Jackling

SenatorShockwave
Erailea

MP Starscream is kinda bleh. It's the MP-11 mold and it doesnt come with the coronation stuff, but it does come with a stand. BUT he doesnt peg together very well.

Really? Well that sucks. My re-issue Grimlock is loose in the legs, which was pretty frustrating in and of itself sad

Hound would be fun, but he's not a "OMG I gotta have it now" figure, like Ironhide is for me.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Erailea
SenatorShockwave
Erailea

Really? Well that sucks. My re-issue Grimlock is loose in the legs, which was pretty frustrating in and of itself sad

Hound would be fun, but he's not a "OMG I gotta have it now" figure, like Ironhide is for me.

Like, it's not a problem with just mine. It's a problem reviews have noted. The cockpit doesnt peg in very well to his waist so he's constantly popping apart. And his wings sometimes fall from his back.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff