Welcome to Gaia! ::

I can see SOOM for the MD fantasy dolls, and FL for their MNF and cute as hell Pukis.

But really. Don't people get tired of people have the same sculpt as you. Looking the same etc.
I don't really mind seeing the same sculpts repeated over and over again. Many times their owners do something just a bit different, and I find that interesting. Personally, I like box openings just because I like to see the "unveiling," so to speak, but I'm not looking at them for potential future dolls or anything like that, so even if a doll doesn't fit my tastes I don't really care. I'm also the kind of person who doesn't care if other people have dolls that look like mine--what matters to me is that the dolls that I have are the dolls that I wanted to have, not that they're unique or unusual. I know that's really important to others, though~

Fluffy Prophet

I wish someone else had a DM Aileen, so I could see what different things they do with her. Honestly, if you google her or search DoA, I'm the only one.
Speaking of popular companies, Fairyland continues to blow me away, If I were a doll I think I would be her: collectasy
and I still love Zaoll even though everyone has her.

Sparkly Genius

I have a bit of the same feelings, Fin. I like a few other people to have my doll just so I can see, but I do still feel special to have a doll not too many people own. I think I would just feel weird if I owned a doll and knew someone else personally who also had it (kind of why I don't want kid delf bory) because I guess I sort of feel like I should give other sculpts a chance to have a home too? ha ha.
I am not a huge Fairyland fan myself, but that doll you just linked to is gorgeous. I think I don't really like their regular style for myself, but sometimes they have really unique and interesting dolls that grab me, or owner pictures convince me otherwise.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

I don't think of my dolls as 'oh this sculpt is popular, so I'm not going to get it' or anything like that

if I love a sculpt, I buy it. Case closed. I'm not going to search for a more perfect doll, just because I fell in love with one that's popular. Yeah, Koujis mold is popular, but whatever. There's not one out there that looks exactly like him. Sinc every face up differs on the artist. Clothes can be different, wigs. Personalized things, ect. That's why I count all of my dolls as irreplacable. I won't be able to get another one that looks exactly like it. If say Ren fell and broke, I couldn't buy another Yder, or a head and say its Ren, because, well, it wouldn't be. It would be another Yder.

That's why I don't bother fixing scratches usually. I made them on my doll, and now it just adds to them. Shows their love in a sense. Yes, I want to pain the scratchs along Rens and Koujis eyes black, again, but... That's about it. Ren has scratches among scratches [and dirt] along his jaw line and a gash on his forehead, and the scratches will stay~

But yeah--that's my say. I buy what I like, not based off of what other people like/don't like. Honestly, I don't stray far into the doll community to care and see. You guys are all I talk to.

Fluffy Prophet

XFateX

There's not one out there that looks exactly like him. Sinc every face up differs on the artist. Clothes can be different, wigs. Personalized things, ect. That's why I count all of my dolls as irreplacable. I won't be able to get another one that looks exactly like it. If say Ren fell and broke, I couldn't buy another Yder, or a head and say its Ren, because, well, it wouldn't be. It would be another Yder.

I agree totally. There isn't another Arlette in the world because of what I've put into her.
@ Spore: I wasn't into fairyland at all until the doll meetup, they look so much better in person.
Especially the Minifees, this one
User Image
and this one
User Image

6,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
Hello everyone. I am Spore and Saffron's cousin, we'respiralling [previously sox_assassin of 7 years on gaia, recently hacked.. or something]. 3nodding

I am also into BJD and awaiting the arrival of my first doll which happens to be one of the popular sculpts mentioned just above, haha. sweatdrop (LUTS KDF Boy Bory, who I have named Ciel Avery Valdis). I've been falling in love with him over and over for months now and just recently purchased him on the 8th of July! I am VERY excited for his arrival.

I agree with the people that are saying every doll is completely different, even if it is the same sculpt. The way I will dress him and personalize him is going to be unique from the others I've seen (Btw, Fate- Your bory makes me very anxious to get my little one home, he's so beautiful!). Even if it may sometimes be similarly dressed his personality and background information are going to be very specific to him. I wouldn't not buy a sculpt because it's popular. If I fall in love with the doll, then I am going to want to purchase them, which is exactly what happened with Ciel.

I do agree with Spore that it might be a little strange to purchase the same sculpt as a close personal friend. But, there are tons of dolls out there so it's very easy to fall in love with a bunch of them! heart 3nodding
Hi, Spiralling! =D
Welcome~! <3 Can't wait for Ciel to arrive, I like his name by the way. c:

I wouldn't not buy a sculpt just 'cause it's popular, either. Migidoll's Ryu is a pretty popular sculpt but that doesn't change the way I feel about him a bit heart

@Finlet: The doll you linked to is really pretty! I can definitely see the resemblance of both parents companies there.

Fluffy Prophet

Nice to meet you Spiralling, I think everyone likes Bory, he's popular for a reason.

After my daughter got a bbb march, her best friend chose the same sculpt. they look totally different though, Millie wears handmade items, her friend wears skipper clothes, Millie has crazy butterfly makeup, her friends is default, Millie has long pink pigtails, her friend is ash blonde.
I would find it weirder if my friend copied my look or backstory than the same sculpt.

Sparkly Genius

@Fin - That second doll you posted is pretty. I like her natural faceup.

@werespiralling - Heya, cuz, thanks for joining us ^^ Ciel better hurry up.

Desirable Genius

@ Finlet
(from 2 pages back XD)
all my boys are indeed MSD @w@ Hyde and Torin around around 44 / 45 cm and Asaro is 42 cm. On top of that, Torin has fluffy hair and boots with a 2cm thick sole so he seems rather tall in comparison to my other ones, especially Asaro. Torin's heavy thanks to his mod and boots. XD He can easily carry Hyde and Asaro -not at the same time though XD- Hyde can easily hold Asaro but his legs slide apart when he tries Torin XD only when being supported by something, he can hold Torin. So Asaro seems tiny =P
I'm sparing for an SD though c: (at least, I hope I will manage it XD)
Your who-protects-who "logic" seems good XD But it's more because of their background story, that I think Asaro is the most fragile. Though his cute appearance and his now sweet behaviour, he seems alright. But actually he's very broken and Hyde was always there to put him together c: Torin is from a whole different story but as a doll he gets along well with them ;D also as a person, Torin is more fragile than Hyde. But Torin has to be strong somehow -at least seem so- because he's a guardian angel ^^

I wrote way too much .__.'' am on the boring tour >///<

I usually try to look for things that aren't popular XD it's a bad habit of mine. So I was a bit o___e'' when I figured out DollZone Hid was a (slightly) popular mold.
But he's love (^ o ^)/ and still very unique c: (and probably the most annoying and stubborn Hid =P)

Sparkly Genius

Neooooo~ I mailed your letter today! I hope it gets to you soon.

Fluffy Prophet

Neo Masamune-sama
@ Finlet
(from 2 pages back XD)
all my boys are indeed MSD @w@ Hyde and Torin around around 44 / 45 cm and Asaro is 42 cm. On top of that, Torin has fluffy hair and boots with a 2cm thick sole so he seems rather tall in comparison to my other ones, especially Asaro. Torin's heavy thanks to his mod and boots. XD He can easily carry Hyde and Asaro -not at the same time though XD- Hyde can easily hold Asaro but his legs slide apart when he tries Torin XD only when being supported by something, he can hold Torin. So Asaro seems tiny =P
=P)

I love hearing more about them, I didn't mean to project characteristics onto your dolls, that's not one of my bad habits normally. It's sweet that they would protect Asaro. All three of them are so unique.
I want some of SOOM's MD YoSD size dolls D: *drools over Beryl, Afi, Ai, etc*

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I love Soom's Fairies! I always wanted one, but never did like how small they were. >.<
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items