Welcome to Gaia! ::

Texting Texter

Kawaii Neko Pocky
Crafty Ace
XFateX

I guess my biggest concern and issue is she is older and before certificates and everything so I'm afraid others will assume recast. :/ I'm not her original owner either but she was back from 2011.
Nothing on her says recast though. Blah.

I just want moolah for my con!! Haha

I know how that is. I had to rush sell a doll so I could move once.

As someone that recently bought fairyland, and knowing just how recasted they are everywhere, yeah, even I get skeptical about the "Pre-Cert" models from fairyland. All I can say is that if you can find a screenshot of the receipt, that helps (Even if its from the previous owner) same with some good res and focused pictures of inside of the head at the markings.

Did you know that recently there's been a crop up of people buying recasted limited sculpts and then buying the legit fullsets to help disguise the recast? There's also people that have been selling their doll certs to recasters so that THOSE could get copies made to be sent out with the dolls. It's honestly disgusting.

Yeah I don't usually buy a doll unless it has a CoA. Unless it is a company that is not recasted or has a head label/plate or something.

No I haven't heard that or seen that (I am part of some recast friendly groups, I am not a hateful person and I will not hate someone for owning one) but I could see that happening. I am sure if people weren't so "witch hunt" driven, people wouldn't have to feel the need to disguise their recasts as legits >_<
But oh jesus, the doll certs are terrible though. I don't agree with that at all!

I'm anti-recast, but I'm not all witch hunty about it. I get that some people buy them on accident or because they don't know better, but if you know better and still willingly go and buy a doll from a recaster (not second hand) that's adding more recasts to the market and your actions are heavily frowned upon by me.

The whole thing with the fullsets isn't even to just disguise them, it's so they can turn around and sell what was maybe a $300 investment and end up getting $800-$1500 back by selling it off as legit. Active deception.

Aged Senshi

7,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Junior Trader 100
Crafty Ace
Kawaii Neko Pocky
Crafty Ace
XFateX

I guess my biggest concern and issue is she is older and before certificates and everything so I'm afraid others will assume recast. :/ I'm not her original owner either but she was back from 2011.
Nothing on her says recast though. Blah.

I just want moolah for my con!! Haha

I know how that is. I had to rush sell a doll so I could move once.

As someone that recently bought fairyland, and knowing just how recasted they are everywhere, yeah, even I get skeptical about the "Pre-Cert" models from fairyland. All I can say is that if you can find a screenshot of the receipt, that helps (Even if its from the previous owner) same with some good res and focused pictures of inside of the head at the markings.

Did you know that recently there's been a crop up of people buying recasted limited sculpts and then buying the legit fullsets to help disguise the recast? There's also people that have been selling their doll certs to recasters so that THOSE could get copies made to be sent out with the dolls. It's honestly disgusting.

Yeah I don't usually buy a doll unless it has a CoA. Unless it is a company that is not recasted or has a head label/plate or something.

No I haven't heard that or seen that (I am part of some recast friendly groups, I am not a hateful person and I will not hate someone for owning one) but I could see that happening. I am sure if people weren't so "witch hunt" driven, people wouldn't have to feel the need to disguise their recasts as legits >_<
But oh jesus, the doll certs are terrible though. I don't agree with that at all!

I'm anti-recast, but I'm not all witch hunty about it. I get that some people buy them on accident or because they don't know better, but if you know better and still willingly go and buy a doll from a recaster (not second hand) that's adding more recasts to the market and your actions are heavily frowned upon by me.

The whole thing with the fullsets isn't even to just disguise them, it's so they can turn around and sell what was maybe a $300 investment and end up getting $800-$1500 back by selling it off as legit. Active deception.

Yeah I would rather buy secondhand than new. You are right, more will be on the market when people buy new. I don't like when people have 20+ recasts and still say they cannot afford legit... they can, but they choose not to sad

Oh wow, that's stupid then! How pitiful.

Aged Senshi

7,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Junior Trader 100
dinnermess
I actually want to downsize, I have too many to actually pay attention to?
But I am oddly sentimental and I'm worried they won't go to a 'good' home.
I hate it lmao, stop that, me.

I want to downsize but most of my dolls would be hard to find and replace them if I want them back. I would rather have it and not need it than not have it and need it.
It has already happened, I sold a body and now I am trying to replace it again >_<

Texting Texter

Kawaii Neko Pocky
Crafty Ace

Yeah I would rather buy secondhand than new. You are right, more will be on the market when people buy new. I don't like when people have 20+ recasts and still say they cannot afford legit... they can, but they choose not to sad

Yeah, definitely a flawed argument if you can afford a ton of recasts but not one legit. Even then, there's companies like Impldoll that have MSDs that are around $150. I have a Yosd and an MSD from them, and the Yosd I have is AMAZING. I had thought that they would be cheap and not that great, but it's the best resin of any of my dolls, (even if a little shiny, but that's solved by a sealant coat) and her posing is phenomenal! Sure, their face sculpts are hit and miss, but my Yo came with fantasy parts, a third hand, came in gray skin and even had horns and a bow and arrow and she was under $150. (Actually she was a free gift cause I ordered an MSD during an event.) Oh, and both dolls came with a free doll carrying bag that's really super nice.

Texting Texter

dinnermess
I actually want to downsize, I have too many to actually pay attention to?
But I am oddly sentimental and I'm worried they won't go to a 'good' home.
I hate it lmao, stop that, me.
I feel ya. I recently sold off the first doll I ever bought and it took a ton of willpower to not run back into the post office and ask for the package back. But she went on to go and be someone else's first doll and I see pictures of her all the time on BJD addicts.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Sometimes, I don't care if owners disguise or call out their dolls as legits. Whatever, it is what it is. They're YOUR dolls. It's just when they try to sell them as legits to make 2-3 times the profit they got from when they bought them, then lie to the poor victim...

I personally wouldn't buy a recast, and my line up consists of all legit dolls, but considering the sensitivity of the subject, I try not to wrap myself in it too much. Do I think it hurts the BJD community and the artists? Yes, of course! But sad enough, there ar eknock offs of EVERYTHING, so... It comes to no surprise to me...

I am back and forth on the 'second hand to new thing'. Second hand you can get mega deals! But if I'm buying for certain characters, sometimes I want that FRESH resin smell to know I created it myself (In a sense.) My dolls are mostly heads I've bought myself and bodies I bought second hand (When it comes to my MSDs at least. Sometimes, You can't have luts bodies over and over again. xD)

Aged Senshi

7,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Junior Trader 100
XFateX
Sometimes, I don't care if owners disguise or call out their dolls as legits. Whatever, it is what it is. They're YOUR dolls. It's just when they try to sell them as legits to make 2-3 times the profit they got from when they bought them, then lie to the poor victim...

I personally wouldn't buy a recast, and my line up consists of all legit dolls, but considering the sensitivity of the subject, I try not to wrap myself in it too much. Do I think it hurts the BJD community and the artists? Yes, of course! But sad enough, there ar eknock offs of EVERYTHING, so... It comes to no surprise to me...

I am back and forth on the 'second hand to new thing'. Second hand you can get mega deals! But if I'm buying for certain characters, sometimes I want that FRESH resin smell to know I created it myself (In a sense.) My dolls are mostly heads I've bought myself and bodies I bought second hand (When it comes to my MSDs at least. Sometimes, You can't have luts bodies over and over again. xD)

I totally agree with this smile

Aged Senshi

7,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Junior Trader 100
Crafty Ace
Kawaii Neko Pocky
Crafty Ace

Yeah, definitely a flawed argument if you can afford a ton of recasts but not one legit. Even then, there's companies like Impldoll that have MSDs that are around $150. I have a Yosd and an MSD from them, and the Yosd I have is AMAZING. I had thought that they would be cheap and not that great, but it's the best resin of any of my dolls, (even if a little shiny, but that's solved by a sealant coat) and her posing is phenomenal! Sure, their face sculpts are hit and miss, but my Yo came with fantasy parts, a third hand, came in gray skin and even had horns and a bow and arrow and she was under $150. (Actually she was a free gift cause I ordered an MSD during an event.) Oh, and both dolls came with a free doll carrying bag that's really super nice.

I really like 5StarDoll dolls, I have ordered one but it is yet to ship. Mirodoll is pretty bad, I can't really speak much good of them sad

Texting Texter

this week I managed to get the energy to try out a new pattern. I made this high waisted skirt for my little Madeline. Found out she can also wear my yosd's shirts since she's got a small chest. Anyways! I even added extra snaps on the back of the skirt so it can be worn as a strapless dress too. It's got some champagne gold tulle sewn in under it to create more volume.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Texting Texter

Here it is as a strapless dress. Currently I'm liking it way more as a skirt paired with the brown top.

Aged Senshi

7,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Junior Trader 100
Crafty Ace
Here it is as a strapless dress. Currently I'm liking it way more as a skirt paired with the brown top.

That is so cute! Good job! I love your Momo! I wish I could own one, she is totes adorable!

Texting Texter

dinnermess

Welcome to the thread! Your husband collects with you? That's awesome! Your dolls are also adorable. I'll admit though, never seen The Doll Master. I got into the hobby because I came across this picture: Dollzone Hong in high school back in...2004 or 2005. From there I learned more about bjd's and in 2012/2013 I bought my first doll, a Souldoll soulkid D.Maillo, months later I got an Iplehouse JID Tania.

Where abouts in the world are you? Are you on DoA?

Kawaii Neko Pocky

Thank you! Madeline is a cutie. I'm not a fan of her wig and will be looking to find a different one if not make one for her myself. I was having an issue with getting her to stand, but then I actually put hot glue on the bottoms of her rabbit feet and pressed them down onto a silicone mat while still hot to make them flat and smooth. Now she grips smooth surfaces super well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff