Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Mecha

35,450 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Monster Hunter 100
Holy crap, it's been a long, loooong time since I popped back in here. So, uh, hi again?

Also, have a picture of Seiji (my Volks School A hybrid), because I've finally got him pretty much the way I want him. I was considering redoing his faceup to be more colourful, but I've gotten really attached to the green and black.
User Image
The Furry Fuzzball
Suko_Elric
The Furry Fuzzball
Suko_Elric
The Furry Fuzzball

THEY LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see them in eyes and wigs too! Mitsuko is going to be so excited to see her sister's new look! XD
Evelyn Totly Grew Up, Into Her Bus- Uh, Body I Mean!
XD

rofl rofl rofl BRILLIANT!!! XD

*giggles quite girlish-ly*
(wiat, i AM a girl!)
LOL
Thank You! I Try~
She Is Thinking Of Mitsuko, Reaha Misses Dressing Up, Especially Since She Actually Hasn't Been Out Since Her Original "Fang Removal" By Asenva BJD, Where She Received Pink Lips. That's When Evelyn Was Born, And Reaha Sorta... Slept For A ... LONG Long Time....
I MISS HER!
TwT
*Tears Poor Down My Face As I Strike In A Dramatic Pose*
User Image

*cracking up* Ohmigosh, you're so funny!
Don't worry Reaha! You'll be awake again soon! I'm gonna miss Evelyn too, though. All these wonderful girls.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

So my Kelp split has arrived
HEre's a few photos

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

User Image
And these I'm in love with them hands.

Interstellar Loverboy

34,675 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
random question...
I remember one time while lookign for dolls, and comparing them, that there were these hadns that had fully jointed fingers... I was wondering if there was hands like those that would fir nicely for DoT wihtout looking totally ridiculous..

IRL Mecha

35,450 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Monster Hunter 100
Intimate Rain
random question...
I remember one time while lookign for dolls, and comparing them, that there were these hadns that had fully jointed fingers... I was wondering if there was hands like those that would fir nicely for DoT wihtout looking totally ridiculous..

I've heard/seen that Dikadoll jointed hands work pretty well. I don't have any DoD dolls, so I don't have any ref pics myself, but I did find this pic from someone on DoA.

Interstellar Loverboy

34,675 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
Those look nice. I found a site that listed many different doll makers stuff, and dikadoll selection through that site wasn't that good... the only male hands that was same size as my coming doll, had these super long nails that I dont' want my boy to have. There was this other one that had pretty nice ones in decent price, don't remember what maker, but I just might have to get them
Hi, I'm 14 years old and I really want to buy either a Granado Katrien or a recast of the Switch Rusi. How do I go about convincing my parents to let me buy one? I would have to get someone to do the face up (i have no artistic ability) and i would also have to pay for everything. They understand this and still wont let me get one. What should i do?

Obsessive Cultist

Oh - my - God
I am seriously getting so frikkin tired of this recast s**t just ebfwfugwegfwez *throws something*
;__________________;
Hatsya

Oh - my - God
I am seriously getting so frikkin tired of this recast s**t just ebfwfugwegfwez *throws something*
;__________________;

Um... What happened? No one was talking about recasts, to my knowledge... Are you okay? Did something recast- related happen to you? *concerned*

Barraka1987's Princess

Fuzzy Friend

15,425 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
annabellegraverobber
Hi, I'm 14 years old and I really want to buy either a Granado Katrien or a recast of the Switch Rusi. How do I go about convincing my parents to let me buy one? I would have to get someone to do the face up (i have no artistic ability) and i would also have to pay for everything. They understand this and still wont let me get one. What should i do?

Hi, Im Faith. I Just Turned 24~
Dolls Are Wonderful!

Hun, Please Just Understand, Recasts Are A Touchie Subject Since In Most Cases They Are Not Liked In The Doll Community. In My Case, I Understand The Recasts, And While I Dont Support Them Exactly, Since They Steal Profit As Well As The Name Of The Doll From The Artist And Company, I Do Understand How Some People Find That,
"Oh Shoot, Do You Mean To Say I Just Bought A Recast, Even Though I Love Him/Her Just As Dearly As A Real Doll?"
Or
"I Can Never Afford A Real Doll, But Since You Got Screwed With A Recast, Ill Take It Off Your Hands, I Love Him/Her!"
You See, If Its Allready Around, Or Been Bought, And Floating Around, Get It Since As I Know All Too Well, Some People Cannot Afford A Doll. Otherwise Thats My Views.
Most People Dont Like Recast Supporters Tho. So Head's Up, Here, Keep THis In Mind....
smile

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Hatsya

Oh - my - God
;__________________;

I understand your frustration.. but please remember she's young anda newbie to this all. ^^;; -pets- It's okay Hatsya!! It's okay!!

annabellegraverobber

Hello and welcome.
We're glad to see someone else interested in dolls. Please realize though purchasing recast dolls is a touchy subject with many collectors. Basically it's someone else stealing teh pattern of a doll someone else made and making a profit off of it by selling a cheaper version.
I would say to use caution when speaking of purchasing or owning recast dolls...
Also, if you have a recast, many artists may not want to paint a face on teh doll, being against it.

As for getting your parents to understand your want of the doll, it may be tough. My parents were against it and I wasn't able to get my first doll till I graduated high school, could afford it completely on my own, and complete payment for him. I wouldn't go against your parents as it may cause problems. Simply keep saving up money and when you're able to either persuade them or become more independent, you can purchase teh doll of your choice.

Obsessive Cultist

Suko_Elric
Um... What happened? No one was talking about recasts, to my knowledge... Are you okay? Did something recast- related happen to you? *concerned*

See post before mine.

XFateX
I understand your frustration.. but please remember she's young anda newbie to this all. ^^;; -pets- It's okay Hatsya!! It's okay!!

You're right, you're right. Education is the way here, I'm getting way too frustrated with this, but it's just tiring. A few days ago two new people came into a German community I frequent, promoting recasts like hot cakes and it makes me incredibly sad how acceptable stealing has become in this hobby. And how dishonest people are. And now this here. Again.
I mean yeah sure, she's young, she's new, but if you're old enough and have read enough about these dolls to even know what a recast is, then you surely also understand that you're fine with art theft and then coming into a thread this way is still kind of shameless imho.

Interstellar Loverboy

34,675 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
This has nothing to do with BJD's but I wanted tos hare this with you all. Christmas came early:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Freaky Fusion Catacombs Playset by Freyrferret, on Flickr

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Hatsya
Suko_Elric

See post before mine.

XFateX

You're right, you're right. Education is the way here, I'm getting way too frustrated with this, but it's just tiring. A few days ago two new people came into a German community I frequent, promoting recasts like hot cakes and it makes me incredibly sad how acceptable stealing has become in this hobby. And how dishonest people are. And now this here. Again.
I mean yeah sure, she's young, she's new, but if you're old enough and have read enough about these dolls to even know what a recast is, then you surely also understand that you're fine with art theft and then coming into a thread this way is still kind of shameless imho.

I know. But I still give anyone the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes, especially when you're not an artist, you don't really think of much harm in it. It's tiring, but yes, you're right. IT has comea round more. I think with the growing hobby, it's becoming much easier to find recasts and they're much more accessible than they ever were. Plus a more younger crowd is growing, and usually for a beginner, affordability is a big deal. And obviously a recast is going to be the cheapest option. :[

Ishtear's Wife

Angelic Gatekeeper

17,375 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I'm over moon! My little boy finally arrived. He's such a cutie. He poses really well. I was able to get him to squat without falling over and I got him to stand on one foot with the first try! Illusion Spirit's white skin matches Fairyland's wonderfully...if anyone is interested for hybrids.

My boyfriend named him Liam because I was struggling and couldn't think of one. I think it really suits him. I haven't received his wig yet so I put this old one of Minhyun's on him so he wouldn't be bald. It's far to big but the hoodie keeps it on.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Liam
by Stokiaci, on Flickr

Fate - He's really handsome. Are you keeping him as is or are you sending out the hooves?

Intimate Rain - Wow that's a pretty cool doll house. I'd use it for my tinies.

I usually stay out of recast talk because I'd probably get pretty heated and hurt people's feelings and that would bother me(I don't like confrontation). I don't support recasts in any capacity. I don't think it's okay for any reason. I do feel sorry for those who are sold recasts in a scam but you should do your research and ask for pictures and proof that the doll is legit before purchasing. IF you knowingly purchased a recast you will lose all respect from me. Saying recasts are cheaper and using that as a reason to validate them is unacceptable to me. There are plenty of companies who offer more affordable dolls. I feel like that there are so many options out there that you should never feel tempted to buy a recast. People do it because they don't care and have to have the "it" doll so they can compete with everyone else. They don't care if they are hurting others.

Anyway, I'm going to play some Dragon Age Inquisition now...and Liam is going to watch.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff