Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

Hello! Please call me: Sherilyn or KyiaKyia (DOA username)
About you:I'm 21yrs old. I live in Northern California, sadly there are no other dolly people here.... That I know of. Maybe 100 miles away.
How you got into the hobby: I went searching for barbie hair tutorials. I had sorta attempted making dreadlocks on one I had. Let's say the thing was ugly after. I found stuff about rooting, somehow went and found a page about Volks dolls. (I believe Kun had just come out?) It was love from there. I was 14 or so around the time I found them. smile
Your dolls:
Name:Gywn
Sculpt: Feeple65 Chloe with default face-up
Date Received: May 19th 2011,
Personality/Backstory: She doesn't quite have one yet. I'm still figuring it out.
Favourite aspect of the hobby: The community, duh! There's so much resources for someone to use with their dolls.

6,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
Welcome! C:
Ooh, I love that sculpt. She's beautiful! Post some pictures for us to ogle over. heart

PS. I tried to make my avatar look like someone (need to fix hair with two other items in the future). Guess who it is. It took me six years to decide on all this stuff so I hope someone can guess right. gonk

Dapper Dabbler

Zelda!? Either way, it looks lovely. smile

I have some pics up on here. I need to put up a few new ones with a few pieces of clothes I just received. You can see a pic of that in this link. smile

6,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
Teacup Rabbit

I have some pics up on here. I need to put up a few new ones with a few pieces of clothes I just received. You can see a pic of that in this link. smile

Yes. I tried for Zelda but a few things I couldn't afford because I had to buy so many things... Couldn't afford the essential pixie and I want another head piece and hair that I did on tek tek but whatever. XD
Your doll is gorgeous! I love how she looks with the darker hair!

Fluffy Prophet

Teacup Rabbit

wow she's gorgeous! I love fairyland

Fluffy Prophet

Oh.. someone had a picture request of "your dolls wardrobe"
OMG I'm shocked Arlette has so much. The tally was insane!
User Image
tally:
1 vest, 1 jacket, 1 sweater
23 dresses
15 shirts
7 pants
8 skirts
and 2 mermaid tails.

Dapper Dabbler

I love the darker hair on her too. whee Also love love fluffy hair on her. I didn't want to fuss with the mohair wig while I was getting things right for her test knit sweater, so she's wearing a fur wig with white and raspberry right now. I happily found she's rather close in body width to 18inch dolls, so that's making knitting for her easier.

@Finlet: Oh my wow! lol

6,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
Wow, and here I thought I was doing alright with my little collection of clothes so far. eek
She's so spoiled! She's sitting there like, "Yeah, man."
Two mermaid tails? Now that I would love to see picture of modelled.

I still don't know how I feel about mohair. I am very conflicted on to whether it can look good or not. It reminds me of those trolls when I was little. Their hair ... whee

Sparkly Genius

aurae
Nora looks adorable! That hat matches so well, even if it is too small~

Thank you! It was an awesome coincidence that Sox's mom made it that colour! I had to force it on her lol

@Sox - Thanks! I like your avatar a lot, very Princess Zelda. And it's not Nora's fault, she has a big head XD The hat needs to be bigger around and longer to cover her massive forehead haha.
Being back at work is the worst. They are doing a lot of dumb changes and I am annoyed =(

@Saff - There is no time D: I am off at 5 tomorrow night if you want to try to work on it (somehow we always get sidetracked though lol)

@CB - Man, I remember my babysitting days... somehow I always got the demon children. I hope your kids are not too awful to you.

@Teacup Rabbit - Welcome and nice to meet you! That pic you posted the direct link to is stunning! She seriously looks real.

@Fin - Wow, Arlette has so much stuff!

Sparkly Genius

Nora wants to show everyone that she likes animals as much as Madison does:

User Image

Dapper Dabbler

soxassassin
Wow, and here I thought I was doing alright with my little collection of clothes so far. eek
She's so spoiled! She's sitting there like, "Yeah, man."
Two mermaid tails? Now that I would love to see picture of modelled.

I still don't know how I feel about mohair. I am very conflicted on to whether it can look good or not. It reminds me of those trolls when I was little. Their hair ... whee
The black wig you saw is actually mohair. :3 Its sewn onto a wig cap like normal wigs.

@ Spore XP: Thank you!

Desirable Genius

clicky this doll is adorable >w<''

I'm going to sketch some more.. @w@" .. *hops away*

edit:
I totally forgot I wanted to write about a dream I had XD about BJD.. was really weird and I can't remember a lot from it..
One side of Asaro's face-up was totally ruined, like.. it was all gone O.o'' I totally freaked out because he looked weird with one side of his face blank and I was wondering if I should do his face-up myself or let it be done by someone else and then alike how it used to be.. e__e''
Then I was looking around, as if I was in some kind of shop, at SD dolls, but strangely enough it was just SD heads on a MSD body so ofcourse it looked ridiculous.. a huge head on a smaller body.. so I was thinking they were ugly XD (I have the feeling it's because it's hard for me at the moment to imagine an SD body in comparison to an MSD)

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Beween my three boys, you'd think I'd have some sort of clothing collection. But I don't
Ren has 4 shirts. [counting a vest.]
3 pairs of pants.
Arm warmers.
[Uggh. Well, I guess if you count his Zack costume, he has 5 shirts, 4 pairs of pants, shoulder pads, 3 belts, suspenders....]
And a pair of shoes

Kai has 2 shirts and one pair of pants
and Kouji has a jacket, since nothing else fits right. Oh. And shoes.

5,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
Finlet
Oh.. someone had a picture request of "your dolls wardrobe"
OMG I'm shocked Arlette has so much. The tally was insane!
User Image
tally:
1 vest, 1 jacket, 1 sweater
23 dresses
15 shirts
7 pants
8 skirts
and 2 mermaid tails.
Cute puppy and outfits.
Welcome, Sherilyn~ Your girl is very pretty!

I think your avatar looks super-cute, Sox! Very recognizable as Zelda. I hope you're able to get the other pieces you wanted at some point, even if they're very expensive.

Arlette is definitely rollin' in the clothes, Fin! I think it's cute that she has two mermaid tails. Seeing that makes me want to try and consider the clothing that my dolls have...but I think if I laid it all out I'd be embarrassed about having accumulated so much stuff.

Spore, that picture of Nora is adorable! Aww, bunnnyyyyyyyyy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff