Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Soooo I just bought a sketchbook specifically for the purpose of sketching clothing out then trying to pull it apart visually to make patterns.

I maaaay be getting in over my head.

Smitten Duck

Finlet
@ Spore: I love your new place! a little sunshine won't be too bad. I use uv-cut spray so that should help.
@ Nizaya: beautiful pictures! I almost ordered a Dikadoll Maria to be my Heidi, I love the sculpt.
@ Yuki: I'm pretty sure I can handle that facup, atleast you know what my faceups look like in person by Cici! how's she working out for you, btw?
oh yay thank you! How much do you charge? I'm loving cici! She is so cute! I'm still waiting on her wig but I put her silver eyes in and I think they will look so pretty against the white wig!

Smitten Duck

Spore XP
@Nightwitch - Ah, the violin poses are fabulous! I adore the sound of violins and wish I had learned to play. D;
lol I don't usually do many posing pictures, just basic little photostories for the most part. This photostory is probably the most posey I have ever gotten, but my 5SD Ria is an amazing poser. I think my bigger dolls need some sueding and thicker string.

@Yami - Sounds like an eventful day! smile I like the hat.

@Nizaya - Welcome! Lovely dolls, Alloise is particularly gorgeous smile

@Yuki - That faceup is so cute! I suggest Finlet XDD

@Finlet - Ah thanks! Most of my dolls' bodies have been sprayed over with UV cut as well so I am not freaked out n__n
I know. I think its such a sweet face up! And if I decode to get a little fee pipi I will make it a girl but I don't like the default face up. I was going to get bisou but he more I look at her them more I realise she looks like my ex..she has his lips and it weirds me out lol. Well if you reccomend her and she reccomends herself.than that's who I'll have do it ^^
Sorry for typos using my phone

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
So I was watching the new Faceup Stories, and Nicole did a thing on Brush-on Sealants. I have to say this WOWO!! I rather do this then paying an arm and a leg for sealants, AND you can do faceups all year round without worrying about humidity or temperature, AND you can do inside without worrying abut toxic fumes. I am going to do an experiment on a headcap later using a spray bottle.

Sparkly Genius

@Nightwitch - Aww thanks, glad you liked my photostory. I am still going to use your tip of trying out the poses, that's great advice.
5SDs are awesome, I will promote them! ;D My boy was a perfect poser right out of the box - I didn't have to do anything with him. I have found sueding to be an absolute must for my single jointed girl - I had such mixed feelings about her before I did it because her body drove me insane, but as soon as I put the hot glue in there, I fell back in love with her. I can definitely understand your feelings about it though. It gets really gross quickly and needs to be touched up often. It has helped my smaller dolls become more awesome, but I find the bigger the doll, the less of the difference it actually makes. If I intended to resell any of my dolls I wouldn't have done it though, I wouldn't like to be a new doll owner getting a gluey jointed doll lol.
Don't apologise for the length :O I text block all the time ha ha.

@Eludya - That's a really cool idea smile I don't think that's intense at all because as far as I have seen your doll fashions are fantastic.

@Yuki - Your ex looking like a littlefee XDD I wonder how he would feel about that?

Just took Spore to the fort down the street and got a photo for Crobi's Gangnam Style contest. It was really windy so I didn't get to take any others. His wig blew off and into some leaves and now I have to pick all the pieces out sad Photo soon

Sparkly Genius

My contest entry for Crobidoll's "Oppan Arab Style" Event:
User Image

Please click the photo to check out my entry on facebook and like/comment, as the most popular photo is a prize winner!

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
I wish I had a crobidoll to enter :c I

Shikairu Nara's Partner

Lonely Phantom

16,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Hallow's Back to School Pic
User Image

Fluffy Prophet

@ Spore: that pic is seriously awesomesauce.
@ Lady Cressida: dammit and I just spent $60 on more sealer >< I've heard that airbrushed sealant chips easier though.
@ Yami: pretty Hallow ^^ I love her blue hair.

If I'm not on for a while, it's cause I'm going on a short mini-vacation motorcycle trip with Dave, but I'll be back wednesday night. My Mom is staying with the dogs and Fizz and incase any packages arrive.

Sparkly Genius

@Cressida - It's too bad only dolls from the company are allowed to enter sad
@Yami - Thanks for your entry! I entered a photo into your guild`s fall contest just now.
There's only one week left to get your BTS photos in, other folks
@Finlet - Thank you! Enjoy your little excursion ^^

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
.... soooo here I am trying to place my order finally, it's $733, and it's coming up with a $140 shipping charge.

What.

Just shot emails off to DM to ask what's going on, if the free shipping is a refund or if maybe I actually do have too much stuff on here. Which is bad. I don't really want to have to turn around and ask people for shipping fees too, especially since that means more Paypal fees coming out of the money being sent.

Edit: One of the Louisville girls was online so I was able to talk to her, she's been in Dollmore GO's before and they generally have to go in and edit the shipping amount before they send the invoice, so hopefully this will work out when I get the invoice to Paypal. This is ... kind of scary actually, waiting on that. I think it's night time over there though so I may not hear anything for like 8 hours I guess.

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
D: O_O;;; 140 in shipping ...x-x;;; yuck...

that is the kinda numbers I am used to seeing though for shipping fees.. between all of the massive boxes we get D: but that's still a lot... D:

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
User Image

Finlet: ALL sealants eventually chip, even MSC. I think it depends on how many layers you do as well. It's great for me since I can't get my hands on MSC like most people can, AND my humidity season starts from September all the way to June, so this way I can still do face ups and not worry about going outside when it rains or cold out to spry cause of the toxic fumes.

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
Ehhh I suppose if I were desperate I could do the liquitex thing... but I hate when the doll feels all tooth-y from the sealer afterwards I like my MSC and Zoukei combo.. Perfect tooth while working on them, then silky powder finish~

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
@Ciel - I think they have to manually go in and take the shipping charge out. And being that I put in my order around like, midnight or 1am or so for them.... yeah. I'm sure you know what times of day the folks there are active compared to us. I figure I should hear something in the next couple hours.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff