Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Genius

@Choco - It is a great vacation, lots of time to relax. smile

@Stoki - Oh no, you need to relax a little! I have to say that boy Soa pic still really reminds me of Nana Osaki from... Nana.. XD she's so cute.

@Neo - Byebye Memoria!

@Ros - Definitely hard to transition a tiny puki into an older doll. Dreaming Doll AIri is so cute! I can sort of see a little resemblance. Sharics is an interesting size. My friend has a 50cm SoulDoll and I do like it.

Max is getting all the attention up here, since his Link costume works so well in this environment. Perhaps I will go take some pics of Maddy now smile

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
I love everyones gender bending pictures *x* its my favorite subject and i hate that I cant participate cause of lack of clothes and wigs, I've been reading gender bending manga and catching up on the ones I half read thanks to this thread XD

T_^ sad but happy news at the same time, my dollzone moon is with Mint on card and will be shipped in a few days *x* so happy about that. crying sadly the convention is on friday and I leave before mail time if it comes on friday.
Thanks, Rosyln! But she's all woman now! There ain't no goin' back. User Image

I want to show you guys my beautiful Byung Joon. He went through some trauma. I hated the faceup IpleHouse gave him (he's a Barahan), as it looked nothing like the default was supposed to, so I had it wiped. I sent him to a faceup artist that totally wrecked him. She sealed in these awful black smudges all over his head. Totally sloppy work. And she cut his ear! I left her some negative feedback on DoA and someone saw it and offered me a free faceup! ^^ So here's how he looks now:

User Image

There are still black smudges on his eyes like eyeshadow, but they don't stand out as much. You can really only see it if you're in his face looking at it. The resin just got so stained by the bad artist that it wouldn't all come off. But this lady did a very nice job and did just what I wanted for his faceup. ^^ What do you think?

This is his IpleHouse faceup:

User Image

I hated it. xp

Fluffy Prophet

Fin Raziel

he's beautiful! I like his eyebrows a lot. What did the bad artist do to stain him so bad?
Finlet
Fin Raziel

he's beautiful! I like his eyebrows a lot. What did the bad artist do to stain him so bad?
Thank you! I love his eyebrows, too. heart She did a great job.

I asked the other person to give him black eyebrows and black eyeliner. So she painted those on him, but she smeared it all over his head while she was at it! Just being sloppy, I guess. Then she put sealer on it. And she coated it so thickly his face was white. WHITE! He's a tan doll! mad

I was really shocked because her sample pictures were awesome, but the way she painted my doll (and my wife's, which turned out a hundred times worse) looked like some child was fingerpainting. I'm not exaggerating at all. Look how she did my wife's doll's lips:

User Image

And yes, that's tape on the eyelashes. TAPE! After we'd asked her to keep the doll's original lashes she threw them away and taped these cheap plastic ones and didn't bother to tell us.

Gosh I'm still steamed. lol But she did give us a full refund. She's not doing faceups anymore, either, thankfully.

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

@Neo; Aw, I'm sure Memoria will be fine, the person she's going to will be super happy with her. ^.^

@Roz; I love those two sculpts you're considering for grown-up Malaren and Rinnie. <333 Like srsly, so gorgeous.

@Raziel; Jezebel is amazing! x'D I can't believe you had such a perfect doll for the gender bender theme.
Also, I feel so bad that you and your wife got horrible faceups from that person. gonk I don't know what they were thinking when they did that. But it was incredibly sweet for someone to offer you a free faceup. ;___; He looks so good now! Nothing like the Iple faceup, which has giant eyebrows and is definitely not really pretty like the website photos... xD

@Pug; Omg do it. >_>

@Stoki; Be proud that you're doing such a good job under so much stress! I hope you don't have to work so much overtime soon, that really sucks and I'm sure it's wearing you down like crazy. But I'm sure you will be happy to see your pay check, too. 3nodding

Also, sad to hear about Featherfall. :c I hope that maybe I have the chance to order from them before they shut down.

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
Fin Raziel

Eek thats horrible that the person charged you and messed your doll up >.< she should give you back extra money for cutting his ear, its good that there are nice people on DOA that would give a free faceup to help your doll out. x.x i have mutalated my own mini mermaids head, but if i ever get a blank head again i am going to pay someone to do it for me instead of ruining another dolls head

Ishtear's Wife

Angelic Gatekeeper

17,375 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Today is my only day off this week and I got all my errands done early so that I can spend the rest of my day with my poor neglected Soa. She's angry at me because she's been put away for about 2 weeks now.

Ros - I can't really see Soa as a boy either. It was very fun participating in the contest though. I can't wait for next month.

Spore - Hehe, She does look a lot like Nana!! I've never noticed that until you pointed it out.

Saff - It's been one hell of a time for me. I caught an employee stealing, and since the store manager is away I had to do the dirty work of firing that person. I've never fired anyone before. It was really hard. Luckily, my supervisor was there to help me out. I can't wait to see my check! Alot of the extra money is going to be set aside for my Daniel. I can't wait to get him home.

Fin - Damn, I don't even know what to say. What you had to go through with your Barahan is one of my BJD fears. The way he looks now is perfect. He's one of my favorite Iplehouse dolls. I can't imagine having a doll that you love so much but he/she just isn't perfect due to the faceup. The complete lack of respect of that person really pisses me off. I hope you never have to go through that again.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78936930@N06/7678201632/
Group shot of the BJDs I now have..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78936930@N06/7678200276/
Annnnd a closeup of Kumi, with her new tarutaru nose job.

Shikairu Nara's Partner

Lonely Phantom

16,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
@ Raziel- So glad to see that the Face up issue got resolved I would have been blooming mad over that >,<

@ Stokiaci- Well atleast you have a day off even if it is your only one for the week, spoil your dollieh while you can XD

@ saffron- I just had to listen to an hour long rant about your comment LOL My transgendered friend was all *reader digest version* That doll shouldnt count because she is dressing for the correct sex she feels she is not because she is a guy cross dressing as a girl... x.x I was slightly amused and will never ever let my freinds on gaia again. Personally tho I dont care what every one does with their dolliehs XD

@ Every one else - A Doll's Heart is going to have several contests with cool prizes comming up so stay tuned. Also I have one payment left on my girl before she should be getting shipped home * squees happily*

Desirable Genius

Demi arrived today at her place, so I'm glad she arrived safely ^^

I don't really have something to tell besides that XD
I was busy getting gifts for Kawaii-chan's wedding. (No idea what her fiance likes so I got stuff I hope she will like @w@), and I'm busy making 1 gift for her XD
Besides that I just watch the Olympic Games with mom and cheer for random countries.. XD I'm hooked on the Japanese gymnast team though

And the wait continues @w@''.. I'm partly very impatient but on the other side, I can wait for a bit more ;D

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

@Stoki; Oh jeez. x__x At least you did your duty and actually caught the person. They deserved to be fired. It sounds like your supervisor has been a real help, so that's good. :3
I can't wait for you to get your Daniel either, he is just so gorgeous~ <3 I can't even imagine how great it will be to see him next to Soa. >w<

@Taruun; Aww, I love your doll family so much right now. Kumi is SO adorable, it's so good that you ended up buying her. :'3

@Yami; My reaction to what your friend said: it is just a doll and it is just a silly photo contest. xD LOL wow.
Oh? What doll are you buying? :0

Edit:
@Neo; Oh good, it's a relief to hear she's home now! ^.^
Ohh what did you get for Kawaii-chan?
I haven't been watching the Olympics but gymnastics is usually my favourite thing. >.> The only thing I've seen so far is that Korea lost the fencing medal in a really shitty way. x__x
Saffron Blehckchah
@Raziel; Jezebel is amazing! x'D I can't believe you had such a perfect doll for the gender bender theme.
Also, I feel so bad that you and your wife got horrible faceups from that person. gonk I don't know what they were thinking when they did that. But it was incredibly sweet for someone to offer you a free faceup. ;___; He looks so good now! Nothing like the Iple faceup, which has giant eyebrows and is definitely not really pretty like the website photos... xD

Thanks! I had meant for her to be sweeter, but the long, curly wig ended up not looking as good on her as a female. I had actually bought that shorter, choppy wig for another doll, but after I tried it on her, I realized that was definitely the look for her! Really sexy, especially with the animal print dress. heart

I'm glad someone agrees with me about the IpleHouse faceup! I thought the same thing, the eyebrows were too bushy, and they were brown! And his wig was gray, not black like pictured. And they gave him really long, curly eyelashes. With all the orange makeup, he looked like a clown! All I wanted was for him to look Asian, like he did on the website. I've decided never to get an IpleHouse faceup again. I just don't trust them. lol

Fearmyboxers
Eek thats horrible that the person charged you and messed your doll up >.< she should give you back extra money for cutting his ear, its good that there are nice people on DOA that would give a free faceup to help your doll out. x.x i have mutalated my own mini mermaids head, but if i ever get a blank head again i am going to pay someone to do it for me instead of ruining another dolls head

I think the only reason she gave me a refund was because she thought I was going to sue her. I definitely didn't allude to anything like that, but I did let her know that you can't just go and buy a new head from IpleHouse, and that I would have to pay $700 for a whole new doll. She said, "I don't want any trouble!" and issued the refund right away when I told her I wanted it. But she also tried to blame me for the damage! She said it was probably my box that had caused the black smudges (which is impossible, since the box was new and not black, and the black smudges were paint that had been sealed with the faceup!) and the bubble wrap that had cut his ear. I have never heard such nonsense.

Stokiaci
Fin - Damn, I don't even know what to say. What you had to go through with your Barahan is one of my BJD fears. The way he looks now is perfect. He's one of my favorite Iplehouse dolls. I can't imagine having a doll that you love so much but he/she just isn't perfect due to the faceup. The complete lack of respect of that person really pisses me off. I hope you never have to go through that again.

Yeah, he was the very first doll I ever sent off for a faceup, and I was nervous to begin with, but after that I was just mortified. It worked out in the end, at least. He looks better than ever. He's just how I wanted him to being with. 4laugh

Yami_No_Requiem - I was very very angry, but he looks good now and he's safe at home. And after my feedback it looks like she won't be scamming anybody else!

Sparkly Genius

@Fin - Oh gosh, I remember when you got your Iple boy and his faceup was weirdly orange. That sounds like an awful experience, I am so glad you got him fixed up for the most part. He looks really lovely now. The work on your wife's doll makes me cringe. I hope that she gets fixed up to D;

@Stoki - Ha ha yeah, I don't think Nana would ever make a face like Soa's though XD Soa is just too sweet looking. Yikes, dealing with an employee stealing would be rough. Employees get caught stealing all the time at my job. It's so pitiful. I don't know how anyone could live with themselves after doing that.

@Taruun - Oh my goodness, she is sooo cute! Kumi makes a perfect little Taru to match your big boys. And are those freckles I spy on her faceup? She is adorable.

@Yami - I see your friend's point, but for the purpose of the contest it is still showing a sculpt dressed as both a male and a female so it works.

@Neo - I have not watched a wink of the Olympics this year (well, there is no TV here anyway so I guess I can be excused) - feel free to cheer for Canada on my behalf! XD

I got a message from the user I purchased my SD Star from, she has been shipped smile I tried to check the tracking but it is not coming up so hopefully she is on her way.

***Also, voting for the Gender Bender photo contest will begin the next time I get on my computer (tomorrow or the next day), so submit any last minute entries and stay tuned!

@ Spore XP:
I'm not getting rid of my PukiFees cause I just love them! But I did want older versions of them to where I can take more styles of photos of them.
Airi is adorable isn't she? xD She wasn't my first pick for Rinnie but my bf said that she had a shy look about her that would fit her.
I was honestly debating Dollzone Cosmo for a while there and then I slapped myself in the face because I don't want any more that size! xD He's got the youthful look that is required for Malaren/Issac. :3 Not to mention with the right faceup he won't look like he has mascara on.

@ Fin Raziel:
You're very much welcome! Well, then she is a gorgeous lady. xD Also...that girl, I'm so happy she's not doing faceups anymore. Just grrr, I can't believe she would do that to someone else's doll.

@ Saffron Blehckchah:
Thankies. heart I'm still not very positive on Airi but I honestly think she stole my wittle heart. :3

@ Stokiaci:
Like I said, she's just too cute to look like a boy. xD

Edit:
Going to upload my gender bending photos now!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff