Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been clinically diagnosed with both ADHD and OCD, and it isn't easy, but it isn't severe retardation.
I don't belive they're fads, expecially since I've only met around 3 to 4 people who have any clue as to what OCD is, and the people I've met with ADHD have been diagnosed, and most likely taken medication.

Of course, as most things, stupid stereotypes lead to stupid people.
It seems people think that ADD means you have the attention span of a goldfish, but in reality, it means you have a disability to process information at an effective rate.
People also seem not to know that Adderall and Rittlin(sp...) are not the only medication for such disorders. Fact is, both of those are horrible medications that have little to no effect on the chemisty that causes these disorders.

People also think that OCD is when someone needs everything to be neat and tidy.
Not so.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder has little to nothing to do with cleanlyness, and is more about just having compulsions.
People ask why I do the things like wash my hands, or not sit in a chair, and all I can answer is my OCD is the problem.
Because in reality, there is no rhyme or reason to it. I'm not afraid of germs, I just feel extremely uncomfortable doing it.

And anyone who says that their OCD doesn't like it is both a moron and a fool.
You are OCD, not the other way around. The OCD is not a sentient being controlling your every movement and action. It is something that you have complete control of.

I have a mental disorder. It's called Trichotillomania. I excessivly pull my hair out. It's like emo kids cutting themselves. </3 Just can't stop it, i'm supposed to get professional help. xD

Beloved Gawker

Forget OCD and ADD; I'm much more fond of the "eccentric" label. It may just be the rich-man's crazy, but it's quite fun to be regarded as an attraction simply because of the way you like to act.

Eccentricity also allows for more variety. cool It's easier if it comes naturally, but it can also be an act put up. Quite fun, either way. 3nodding
My sister has ADD.... So it never goes out of style for me.

rofl
as a person diagnosed with ADD, i get really annoyed when ppl pretend to know what its like, and when i tell ppl, they usually dont believe me, "you cant be ADD, your teh calmest person ive ever met!!", psha, im ADD because ive got the attention span of a soap bubble, not because i bounce off of walls
most ppl think that ppl with ADD are supposed to be annoying and bouncy, and i admit when i was young i was, but now im quiet as a mouse, antisocial even, probably due to the side effects of ritalin, and what this s**t about ritalin being BS, ritalin is a stimulant, it wont produce a vegetative state in anyone, egotistic b*****d, im smart as hell, ppl tell me all the time, i may not attribute it to ADD or ritalin, but believing that ritalin is bad is just ignorance
SITM
Shinobi White
ADD isn't a mental disorder.

Ritalin is.

No, seriously. I'm ADHD. My grandparents refused to medicate me, and they might have gotten in trouble with Child protection for that, except---

I'm extremely intelligent and ambitious, able to do anything that I truly want to. One of the most capable and powerful living things on the planet. A grace to humankind, if you'll pardon my blatant egotism.

And that ritalin would have left me in the condition the psychiatrist condemned me to - "Almost vegetative, unable to live a normal live".

I've seen people with "severe ADHD". What it realliy is is ritalin poisoning. That's what causes them to sit there drooling, incapable of speech. Is the bullshit overprescribed drug that the Clinton b***h calls a "Godsend".
ritalin will have the opposite effect on those who don't actually have ADD

but my brother was fine on. He did switch medications, but just because it wasn't the best out there. For instance, he had to take two half doses a day, now he only has to take one.
ADD is a gift not a disorder. That is my point. So called "medication" destroys a perfect mind.
Chaotic Fury
I've been clinically diagnosed with both ADHD and OCD, and it isn't easy, but it isn't severe retardation.
I don't belive they're fads, expecially since I've only met around 3 to 4 people who have any clue as to what OCD is, and the people I've met with ADHD have been diagnosed, and most likely taken medication.

Of course, as most things, stupid stereotypes lead to stupid people.
It seems people think that ADD means you have the attention span of a goldfish, but in reality, it means you have a disability to process information at an effective rate.
People also seem not to know that Adderall and Rittlin(sp...) are not the only medication for such disorders. Fact is, both of those are horrible medications that have little to no effect on the chemisty that causes these disorders.

People also think that OCD is when someone needs everything to be neat and tidy.
Not so.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder has little to nothing to do with cleanlyness, and is more about just having compulsions.
People ask why I do the things like wash my hands, or not sit in a chair, and all I can answer is my OCD is the problem.
Because in reality, there is no rhyme or reason to it. I'm not afraid of germs, I just feel extremely uncomfortable doing it.

And anyone who says that their OCD doesn't like it is both a moron and a fool.
You are OCD, not the other way around. The OCD is not a sentient being controlling your every movement and action. It is something that you have complete control of.
well, perhaps it varies by region, but there are a lot of people, and I mean A LOT, around me who use those terms. I used to be one of them, but then my brother cracked down on me, and I learned to shut up about those thing (that and I'm no longer 12)

but some of these people would be perfectly fine, except music (the song "these words" makes a reference) and the rest of the media makes it sound "cool" to have a disorder
Shinobi White
SITM
Shinobi White

Ritalin is.

No, seriously. I'm ADHD. My grandparents refused to medicate me, and they might have gotten in trouble with Child protection for that, except---

I'm extremely intelligent and ambitious, able to do anything that I truly want to. One of the most capable and powerful living things on the planet. A grace to humankind, if you'll pardon my blatant egotism.

And that ritalin would have left me in the condition the psychiatrist condemned me to - "Almost vegetative, unable to live a normal live".

I've seen people with "severe ADHD". What it realliy is is ritalin poisoning. That's what causes them to sit there drooling, incapable of speech. Is the bullshit overprescribed drug that the Clinton b***h calls a "Godsend".

but my brother was fine on. He did switch medications, but just because it wasn't the best out there. For instance, he had to take two half doses a day, now he only has to take one.
ADD is a gift not a disorder. That is my point. So called "medication" destroys a perfect mind.
I'm sorry, but somone who when not on meds will stop, mid conversation, roll down the window and yell at geese is not "gifted" (or not in the sense you're talking 'bout')
takkun20
as a person diagnosed with ADD, i get really annoyed when ppl pretend to know what its like, and when i tell ppl, they usually dont believe me, "you cant be ADD, your teh calmest person ive ever met!!", psha, im ADD because ive got the attention span of a soap bubble, not because i bounce off of walls
most ppl think that ppl with ADD are supposed to be annoying and bouncy, and i admit when i was young i was, but now im quiet as a mouse, antisocial even, probably due to the side effects of ritalin, and what this s**t about ritalin being BS, ritalin is a stimulant, it wont produce a vegetative state in anyone, egotistic b*****d, im smart as hell, ppl tell me all the time, i may not attribute it to ADD or ritalin, but believing that ritalin is bad is just ignorance

I hate to say that Ritalin is a horrible medication.
It doesn't help at all with the disorder.
Stimulants are not good for ADHD or regular ADD, because while they boost brain activity, they do little to help attention span.
As I've taken both stimulants and non-stimulants, I can honestly say that non-stimulants do alot better for ADD
I have no disorder sad
Shinobi White
SITM
Shinobi White

Ritalin is.

bah haha gift? my a** its a gift, ritalin may not have helped but it sure as hell didnt hurt, ive taken it for the better part of 8 yrs and the only real negative side effect ive encountered is insomnia, and loss of appetite
LikeOmgitohsoverytrue
Obessive Compulsive Disorder.

Say, you have to check your locks 50 times in a day.

That's OCD.

Obsessive part is the thinking about it. The compulsive part is doing it.

So you cannot be "OCD" over a guy, if you just think about him all the time, but never interact.

That's OBSESSIVE.
Period.
SITM
I'm sorry, but somone who when not on meds will stop, mid conversation, roll down the window and yell at geese is not "gifted" (or not in the sense you're talking 'bout')

obviously youve never met a real person with ADD
takkun20
Shinobi White
SITM
Shinobi White

Ritalin is.

bah haha gift? my a** its a gift, ritalin may not have helped but it sure as hell didnt hurt, ive taken it for the better part of 8 yrs and the only real negative side effect ive encountered is insomnia, and loss of appetite
The insomnia is obviously why you do not remember the stunning intelligence and perfect comprehension of the world you had before the poison wrecked you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff