Welcome to Gaia! ::

I always see emo little MySpace kids going around screaming "OMG I'M SOOO BITCHY BUT THAT'S BECAUSE I'M JUST SORT OF BIPOLAR LOL </3 </3 <3"

Apparently, I'm not cool because I don't have a disorder.

Maybe they're just using their fake disorders as excuses to act out/get attention?

neutral
Webejebus
Actually, I have OCD.
Example: I can't eat with a spoon with a green handle. I just can't. I, seriously, can't.
Or, I can't listen to any song I heard before I was 12. Or else I'll cringe and have to leave the room.
There are others, but, at least, I don't have to swallow before I begin a sentance.
... actually, it used to be that bad.
how often do you run into green handled spoons, may I ask?

as for the other stuff...
cry

Timid Elocutionist

Incarncarncarne
On the internet, mental disorders are a fad.

Just because you are a perfectionist, it doesn't mean you are OCD. You aren't Adrian Monk. You are missing the point. You aren't cool for pretending to have a mental disease when you don't.

(You does not mean anyone in specific.)
*glomps* Ah, sorry, I have a compulsive (not obsessive-compulsive!) tendency to glomp people who make references to shows I don't hear enough references to... xd

8,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
hm. well I for serious have ADHD ... doctors told me so, and people point it out all the time they are like "you've got adhd don't you?" the only reason I'm not on rittlin is because my parents think that the medication will screw me up. O.o but, I do get quite pissed when like everyone is saying that they are ADD or ADHD or something like that because it makes it seem like its not even serious. I can't effing concentrait half the time and I constantally do stupid things like tap my foot or something and when I talk I repeat myself and can't seem to put together cohearent sentances sometimes. argh. its like a burden.
SITM
shogouki
I've noticed this, too.
I've seen threads titled "WHAT'S YOUR OCD?" and s**t like that.

Just because you have abit of an obsession doesn't mean you have OCD. rolleyes
actually it has been said that most people do have minor cases of OCD, but it isn't dianosed until it starts to affect your life. That said, even people who have small amounts of it shouldn't joke about it, when there are some people out there who can't live normally because of it

I think you have OCD. You won't stop talking about OCD.
Gyakuten no Megami
I don't know what I have. I had ADD when I was younger, but then the last time I went to a doctor- weirdo doctor, does ADD show up in a blood test or did the insurance not cover it so they paid in blood?- they said it was something else. So I've decided I'm just painfully shy and a terrible procrastinator. But, yeah... WHY DID I TELL STRANGERS THAT?! You must think I'm being an attention whore, shy people don't spill their guts on the GD's carpet. Oh, well. Anyway... OCD. There's these kids in Geometry who are always joking about how much each other's sloppy work bugs them because they're OCD... They're not, they're just obsessive about the frayed edges of each other's notebook paper and all the erase marks. Anyone ever watch the show "Monk"? An obsessive-compulsive detective. It's pretty good if you don't die of exasperation because he's meant to be following a suspect but has to poke streetlights and tell strangers they have dirt on their faces... I may be masochistic, actually, because it's agonizingly exasperating but one of my favorite shows. I'm sorry for rambling. It's the power of suggestion, I'm trying to be what I'm supposed to be......

*zips up mouth*
I wouldn't be sure how people test for ADD or OCD, but usually it shows up in behavior... not blood. All I know that my brother's test got cut short cause his toddler, ADD self, was tearing up the docter's office

8,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
SilverStrife
I always see emo little MySpace kids going around screaming "OMG I'M SOOO BITCHY BUT THAT'S BECAUSE I'M JUST SORT OF BIPOLAR LOL </3 </3 <3"

Apparently, I'm not cool because I don't have a disorder.

Maybe they're just using their fake disorders as excuses to act out/get attention?

neutral

when people say they are bipolar (unless they truly are) I want to punch them. because My mom is bipolar and its like insulting to her for these other fools to go around saying it. and it bothers me because I could end up being bipolar too. :-/ how ever, I won't know untill later in life. ah. it just makes me so mad.
D:

i know what add is.

but what in ******** is ocd.

lol okay.
well when i was like ten, i would pretend that all my friends had a different disorder.

i was the 'schizo'
I used to have bad ADHD....I dont know why I dont have it anymore. But i used to be on meds for it and now I twitch because of them.
Gyakuten no Megami
Incarncarncarne
On the internet, mental disorders are a fad.

Just because you are a perfectionist, it doesn't mean you are OCD. You aren't Adrian Monk. You are missing the point. You aren't cool for pretending to have a mental disease when you don't.

(You does not mean anyone in specific.)
*glomps* Ah, sorry, I have a compulsive (not obsessive-compulsive!) tendency to glomp people who make references to shows I don't hear enough references to... xd

Good show. Watch it all the time.

I'm OCD in that in groups of 10 or more people, I rearrange them to make patterns. If I don't, it drives me insane. My mind HAS to see patterns in everything. It's caused me no small amount of distress, seeing things and tweaking out because there's no pattern and being unable to arrenge them so there IS a pattern. Obsessive aspect is wanting everything to be easily understood and pattern-like, and compulsive aspect is rearranging things which aren't in patterns to fit a pattern.

It's kind of derived from the Asperger's, but I don't care. It's one of my kinks, label it whatever you like.
SITM
Webejebus
Actually, I have OCD.
Example: I can't eat with a spoon with a green handle. I just can't. I, seriously, can't.
Or, I can't listen to any song I heard before I was 12. Or else I'll cringe and have to leave the room.
There are others, but, at least, I don't have to swallow before I begin a sentance.
... actually, it used to be that bad.
how often do you run into green handled spoons, may I ask?

as for the other stuff...
cry

Actually, I run into plenty green handled spoons.
Yeah...
Oh, and I can't eat peanuts. Peanut butter is fine, but not peanuts.
And I have to have at least 1 empty cup on my desk, at all times.
And I can't wear shoes of the same pair. So, I alternate between two pairs of the same shoes. xD
It's hard to explain.
<3
Portable Cheese
SITM
shogouki
I've noticed this, too.
I've seen threads titled "WHAT'S YOUR OCD?" and s**t like that.

Just because you have abit of an obsession doesn't mean you have OCD. rolleyes
actually it has been said that most people do have minor cases of OCD, but it isn't dianosed until it starts to affect your life. That said, even people who have small amounts of it shouldn't joke about it, when there are some people out there who can't live normally because of it

I think you have OCD. You won't stop talking about OCD.
it sort of is the discussion at hand here... along with ADD and ADHD

they are most ill used mental disorders (that I know of)

I guess bipolor and scitwatitspelled could be close running

8,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
SITM
Gyakuten no Megami
I don't know what I have. I had ADD when I was younger, but then the last time I went to a doctor- weirdo doctor, does ADD show up in a blood test or did the insurance not cover it so they paid in blood?- they said it was something else. So I've decided I'm just painfully shy and a terrible procrastinator. But, yeah... WHY DID I TELL STRANGERS THAT?! You must think I'm being an attention whore, shy people don't spill their guts on the GD's carpet. Oh, well. Anyway... OCD. There's these kids in Geometry who are always joking about how much each other's sloppy work bugs them because they're OCD... They're not, they're just obsessive about the frayed edges of each other's notebook paper and all the erase marks. Anyone ever watch the show "Monk"? An obsessive-compulsive detective. It's pretty good if you don't die of exasperation because he's meant to be following a suspect but has to poke streetlights and tell strangers they have dirt on their faces... I may be masochistic, actually, because it's agonizingly exasperating but one of my favorite shows. I'm sorry for rambling. It's the power of suggestion, I'm trying to be what I'm supposed to be......

*zips up mouth*
I wouldn't be sure how people test for ADD or OCD, but usually it shows up in behavior... not blood. All I know that my brother's test got cut short cause his toddler, ADD self, was tearing up the docter's office

they ask you a bunch of questions and they make you do things and depending on your age they might make you take a written test and they like observe what you do and how you act. pshaw they told me I had it real bad and wrote me a prescription (mind you I was like cool but my mom never filled it xd I don't even remember that much about the test
So idiot on my bus once said "I have ADD and ADHD."

Which means they only have ADHD. rolleyes
I have ADD phases. An OCD but my OCD isn't like noticeably bad.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff