Welcome to Gaia! ::

Webejebus
SITM
Webejebus
Actually, I have OCD.
Example: I can't eat with a spoon with a green handle. I just can't. I, seriously, can't.
Or, I can't listen to any song I heard before I was 12. Or else I'll cringe and have to leave the room.
There are others, but, at least, I don't have to swallow before I begin a sentance.
... actually, it used to be that bad.
how often do you run into green handled spoons, may I ask?

as for the other stuff...
cry

Actually, I run into plenty green handled spoons.
Yeah...
Oh, and I can't eat peanuts. Peanut butter is fine, but not peanuts.
And I have to have at least 1 empty cup on my desk, at all times.
And I can't wear shoes of the same pair. So, I alternate between two pairs of the same shoes. xD
It's hard to explain.
<3
I can't eat peanuts xp but I know it's not the same
Well.

I do have ADHD. And a slight case of OCD.

But I don't use them as excuses for anything. I'm hardly affected by them at all. >_<;

8,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
SITM
Portable Cheese
SITM
shogouki
I've noticed this, too.
I've seen threads titled "WHAT'S YOUR OCD?" and s**t like that.

Just because you have abit of an obsession doesn't mean you have OCD. rolleyes
actually it has been said that most people do have minor cases of OCD, but it isn't dianosed until it starts to affect your life. That said, even people who have small amounts of it shouldn't joke about it, when there are some people out there who can't live normally because of it

I think you have OCD. You won't stop talking about OCD.
it sort of is the discussion at hand here... along with ADD and ADHD

they are most ill used mental disorders (that I know of)

I guess bipolor and scitwatitspelled could be close running

LMFAO. schizophrenia?! -.- my god. so few people actually have that. and the people who claim to have it wouldn't have the slightest idea how it actually works. and bipolar is a chemical imballance in the brain. causing the emotions to work extreamly ... um... to the extream? but OCD and ADD/ADHD are extreamly over diagnosed disorders.
ADD isn't a mental disorder.

Ritalin is.

No, seriously. I'm ADHD. My grandparents refused to medicate me, and they might have gotten in trouble with Child protection for that, except---

I'm extremely intelligent and ambitious, able to do anything that I truly want to. One of the most capable and powerful living things on the planet. A grace to humankind, if you'll pardon my blatant egotism.

And that ritalin would have left me in the condition the psychiatrist condemned me to - "Almost vegetative, unable to live a normal live".

I've seen people with "severe ADHD". What it realliy is is ritalin poisoning. That's what causes them to sit there drooling, incapable of speech. Is the bullshit overprescribed drug that the Clinton b***h calls a "Godsend".

Timid Elocutionist

SITM
Gyakuten no Megami
I don't know what I have. I had ADD when I was younger, but then the last time I went to a doctor- weirdo doctor, does ADD show up in a blood test or did the insurance not cover it so they paid in blood?- they said it was something else.
I wouldn't be sure how people test for ADD or OCD, but usually it shows up in behavior... not blood. All I know that my brother's test got cut short cause his toddler, ADD self, was tearing up the docter's office
Perhaps they were just trying to see if I would sit still. Maybe I was acting so edgy about seeing a psychologist they thought I was simply half-monkey. Or maybe they were just being thorough... Oh, by the way, everyone who isn't on meds because it might screw them up... Mine make me not want to eat more than two meals a day and not want to sleep at normal hours. Oh, and I think they might be half the reason I'm shy. Dunno. I've heard they can make people kind of quiet. It's the not sleeping that's the most annoying, although sometimes I think my two-years-younger sister wouldn't be as tall as me when I've stopped growing and she hasn't if I ate more... MORE RAMBLING! Hark at the self-fulfilling prophecy!
For those who don't know, here's the explanations for these acronyms.

ADD - Attention Deficit Disorder. You don't really pay attention, ever.

ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Akin to ADD, except that instead of being unable to pay attention, you pay attention to multiple things which are useless. ADHD is also known as a "gateway" to other mental disorders, as many ADHD people have a variety of other mental disorders.

OCD - Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. A disorder in which the mind, stimulated by a fear or intense desire, performs ritual "compulsions" to ease the "obsessions". A lot of people mistake perfectionism for OCD.
Erin Germain
SITM
Portable Cheese
SITM
shogouki
I've noticed this, too.
I've seen threads titled "WHAT'S YOUR OCD?" and s**t like that.

Just because you have abit of an obsession doesn't mean you have OCD. rolleyes
actually it has been said that most people do have minor cases of OCD, but it isn't dianosed until it starts to affect your life. That said, even people who have small amounts of it shouldn't joke about it, when there are some people out there who can't live normally because of it

I think you have OCD. You won't stop talking about OCD.
it sort of is the discussion at hand here... along with ADD and ADHD

they are most ill used mental disorders (that I know of)

I guess bipolor and scitwatitspelled could be close running

LMFAO. schizophrenia?! -.- my god. so few people actually have that. and the people who claim to have it wouldn't have the slightest idea how it actually works. and bipolar is a chemical imballance in the brain. causing the emotions to work extreamly ... um... to the extream? but OCD and ADD/ADHD are extreamly over diagnosed disorders.
I do have friends who are like "OMG I'M LEIK ST. JIMMY FROM GREEN DAY" which makes no sense to begin with...

but I also add that because my brother has to tendency to accuse me of haveing, just because I like making little worlds in my head
rolleyes

OCD is an excuse for people.
ADD is an excuse for lazy parents (90% of the time).
OCD people straighten pictures.
ADD people are heavily medicated.
Schizophrenia actually has multiple aspects, not just delusions.

8,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
Shinobi White

Ritalin is.

No, seriously. I'm ADHD. My grandparents refused to medicate me, and they might have gotten in trouble with Child protection for that, except---

I'm extremely intelligent and ambitious, able to do anything that I truly want to. One of the most capable and powerful living things on the planet. A grace to humankind, if you'll pardon my blatant egotism.

And that ritalin would have left me in the condition the psychiatrist condemned me to - "Almost vegetative, unable to live a normal live".

I've seen people with "severe ADHD". What it realliy is is ritalin poisoning. That's what causes them to sit there drooling, incapable of speech. Is the bullshit overprescribed drug that the Clinton b***h calls a "Godsend".

you and me, we are alike. except I don't mess with egotism ... because it'll get you attacked. only thing in my way over half the time is myself though, I get so sidtracked easily .... which makes it hard to finish things
emo kids think its cool to be bipolar lololol

I had bad add when i was little. So bad that I would "timetravel" space out.

I space out during class and before i know it its been 10 minutes and immall HOSHIT D" :>

8,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
Incarncarncarne
Schizophrenia actually has multiple aspects, not just delusions.

Schizophrenia ... hm. its something else for sure. You hear/see things, its just madness. if anyone has ever seen Beautiful Mind, that guy was schizophrenic. its really rare though. less then 1% of the WORLD has it. (not exactly directed at the person who I am quoting. just an add-on)
Shinobi White

Ritalin is.

Ritalin is a very old and out dated medication. There are many more safer medications for add and adhd.
The Essence of Evil

OCD is an excuse for people.
ADD is an excuse for lazy parents (90% of the time).
OCD people straighten pictures.
ADD people are heavily medicated.

Yes, me having OCD is the excuse I had for not being able to speak properly, because I had to wait for me to develop saliva in my mouth to swallow before I actually spoke a sentance. Yes, of course. I see your logic now. OCD is my excuse for having to leave the room if I hear any music that I heard before I was 12 years old.

Of, ********, course.

For someones who's as ignorant as you are, it's a wonder you don't have ADD.
Shinobi White

Ritalin is.

ritalin will have the opposite effect on those who don't actually have ADD

but my brother was fine on. He did switch medications, but just because it wasn't the best out there. For instance, he had to take two half doses a day, now he only has to take one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff