Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lebenswelt
As much as it pained me to read Queeny of Hearts post because of the grammar (which may or may not be related to having English as a second language since clearly her primary is Spanish), she was pretty spot on in the summaries of why it's important to read the context surrounding a verse. I love how everyone bashed her grammar, but didn't bother trying to beat down the real point of her post.

As it was also said, those all are from the Old Testament. A *lot* of stuff changed when Jesus came. Yes, those things all still happened (slavery, some form of sexism, etc) but that was just how things were then...hell, that's how things were up until a couple hundred years ago. Racism and sexism are still a problem, but it's not how we are *supposed* to be acting. It's just how we humans with our rebellious free will choose to live, regardless of what we are supposed to be doing.

If you (OP or anyone else) don't believe in God, or the Bible, that's fine. But you should at least try to understand it before you bash it. I don't mean just read it for things you can throw into the world hoping to turn Christians away from their life choice, either. I mean *really* give it a chance. If you have done that, and still come up that it's not for you and you still don't agree, that's your choice and you are far more likely to be respected on both sides of the Bible argument.

Agreed, especially in the last paragraph. You're not helping by bashing something that you haven't even read in it's full entirety. It's basically comparable to people who have a fit about how they dislike Twilight, yet have never read the damn series XD Read the bloody book before passing any knowledgeable judgment upon it. The same with religious folk; it doesn't help when you're bashing someone who doesn't understand your beliefs. So all in favor of diplomatically educating one another say "I" without having a bash festival *loudly says I*

For those on Queeny's a** about her grammar, shame on you. "Levitico 25: 35-55 (sorry, i have the bible in spanish but its the same)," take a context clue from that. Obviously English is her second language, give her a break.

Note: I'm of neutral stance on this since my belief system is based on something totally different XD, but Queeny is my GF. It makes me wonder how her and I can be completely optimistic about each others beliefs though they differ from one another ^(o.o)^ Hrmm, I wish there was more optimism in the world *scratches the side of his head*
The bible is hypocritical to me.

10,150 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
It's s**t like this that makes me "Spiritual but not religious". Religion does bad things to good people, just like politics.

2,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
MissVioletSkie
User ImageI get more and more strange...

User ImageUser Image Religion and Politics are human made.
Meaning they truly don't matter, in any way.
User ImageUser Image

...I'm going insane User Image
Except that politics actually affects your life. Religion is fiction, Politics is not.

2,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
Azure Wulf
Lebenswelt
As much as it pained me to read Queeny of Hearts post because of the grammar (which may or may not be related to having English as a second language since clearly her primary is Spanish), she was pretty spot on in the summaries of why it's important to read the context surrounding a verse. I love how everyone bashed her grammar, but didn't bother trying to beat down the real point of her post.

As it was also said, those all are from the Old Testament. A *lot* of stuff changed when Jesus came. Yes, those things all still happened (slavery, some form of sexism, etc) but that was just how things were then...hell, that's how things were up until a couple hundred years ago. Racism and sexism are still a problem, but it's not how we are *supposed* to be acting. It's just how we humans with our rebellious free will choose to live, regardless of what we are supposed to be doing.

If you (OP or anyone else) don't believe in God, or the Bible, that's fine. But you should at least try to understand it before you bash it. I don't mean just read it for things you can throw into the world hoping to turn Christians away from their life choice, either. I mean *really* give it a chance. If you have done that, and still come up that it's not for you and you still don't agree, that's your choice and you are far more likely to be respected on both sides of the Bible argument.

Agreed, especially in the last paragraph. You're not helping by bashing something that you haven't even read in it's full entirety. It's basically comparable to people who have a fit about how they dislike Twilight, yet have never read the damn series XD Read the bloody book before passing any knowledgeable judgment upon it. The same with religious folk; it doesn't help when you're bashing someone who doesn't understand your beliefs. So all in favor of diplomatically educating one another say "I" without having a bash festival *loudly says I*

For those on Queeny's a** about her grammar, shame on you. "Levitico 25: 35-55 (sorry, i have the bible in spanish but its the same)," take a context clue from that. Obviously English is her second language, give her a break.

Note: I'm of neutral stance on this since my belief system is based on something totally different XD, but Queeny is my GF. It makes me wonder how her and I can be completely optimistic about each others beliefs though they differ from one another ^(o.o)^ Hrmm, I wish there was more optimism in the world *scratches the side of his head*
You dumbass, it being her second language isn't an excuse for using txt talk. I don't use German txt talk now do I? And to be honest, maybe only 5% of CHRISTIANS have even read the ENTIRE ******** Bible. So you might want to read it yourself before you tell the opposition to read the whole thing.
Colm-kun
Azure Wulf
Lebenswelt

You dumbass, it being her second language isn't an excuse for using txt talk. I don't use German txt talk now do I? And to be honest, maybe only 5% of CHRISTIANS have even read the ENTIRE ******** Bible. So you might want to read it yourself before you tell the opposition to read the whole thing.

Angry much? Tap into some inner peace my friend and why are you dubbing me a dumbass XD? By saying that, you're basically crapping on my peaceful approach to this topic. Plus you just made yourself look like a fool because for your information I have read the Bible. I have also read the Koran and I'll continue to read religious texts so I can understand where everyone's coming from. But arguing these types of topics will get nobody anywhere because you can't change peoples' beliefs. Some of you can tell them that the bible is wrong, hypocrisy, or full of s**t, and they'll still follow what they believe. Some of them can tell you that you're going to burn in hell, shove mini bibles down your throat, and you'll ignore it all because you believe what you believe. Hence why I was all for diplomatically educating one another and enhancing one's optimism instead of watching the bashing I see in this thread.

Queeny is just bloody learning and she's doing damn well if you ask me, so stop being a douche to her. Everyone that I've known who has started with English as a second language started off with broken a** grammar. Some of what she's writing looks like "txt talk" because you'd probably understand that more compared to her attempting to spell the entire word, which is difficult for her at the moment. At least she's working on it diligently so she can continue her second language education in the states. But unless you're some kind of prodigy at learning multiple languages, then kudos to you *salutes*

P.S: Generalizing people isn't too nifty. I hope you're not implying that I'm a Christian because I'm waaaaaaaaay out of the religious spectrum XD Spirituality for the win!
Rairi Sakurai
II iGoRawrz II
Miss-Lolita-Lace
This is why I don't believe in everything the bible says.
My religion is based on christianity, however,
it isn't the same. I pick out certain things from the
bible that I believe to be true, and stick with those.
The bible itself says that everything is flawed.
The bible was made by man, was it not? Therefore
the bible itself is indeed flawed as well.

true.

but follow the passages like the 10 Commandments, that tell you how to live a happy life, doesnt neccessarily make you christian

But aren't the first three about God, the Jewish/Christian one?
1. you shall have no gods before me
2. do not make graven images
3. do not take the lord's name in vain
4. keep holy the sabbath
Colm-kun
Azure Wulf
Lebenswelt

may i ask where you got those stats from? xD reading isnt memorizing, btw. and i can type as i want =)
@azurewulf: thankies sweetheart <3 <3 <3
Queeny of Hearts
Colm-kun
Azure Wulf
Lebenswelt

may i ask where you got those stats from? xD reading isnt memorizing, btw. and i can type as i want =)
@azurewulf: thankies sweetheart <3 <3 <3

sora geting lonleh
II iGoRawrz II
okay, everyone keeps saying "men had all autority during the time the bible was written" and "the bible was written by humans".

from a religious person's point of view, the bible was supposedly passed down from God, and God told people what to put in it.

so God is sexist?

God wasnt sexist God told people what to put yes but they put it so people of the time could understand it.

2,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
Azure Wulf
Colm-kun
Azure Wulf
Lebenswelt

Angry much? Tap into some inner peace my friend and why are you dubbing me a dumbass XD? By saying that, you're basically crapping on my peaceful approach to this topic. Plus you just made yourself look like a fool because for your information I have read the Bible. I have also read the Koran and I'll continue to read religious texts so I can understand where everyone's coming from. But arguing these types of topics will get nobody anywhere because you can't change peoples' beliefs. Some of you can tell them that the bible is wrong, hypocrisy, or full of s**t, and they'll still follow what they believe. Some of them can tell you that you're going to burn in hell, shove mini bibles down your throat, and you'll ignore it all because you believe what you believe. Hence why I was all for diplomatically educating one another and enhancing one's optimism instead of watching the bashing I see in this thread.

Queeny is just bloody learning and she's doing damn well if you ask me, so stop being a douche to her. Everyone that I've known who has started with English as a second language started off with broken a** grammar. Some of what she's writing looks like "txt talk" because you'd probably understand that more compared to her attempting to spell the entire word, which is difficult for her at the moment. At least she's working on it diligently so she can continue her second language education in the states. But unless you're some kind of prodigy at learning multiple languages, then kudos to you *salutes*

P.S: Generalizing people isn't too nifty. I hope you're not implying that I'm a Christian because I'm waaaaaaaaay out of the religious spectrum XD Spirituality for the win!
That didn't tell me anything. All you did was elongate the phrase "Uh-uh-uh-uh your stupid!" People who learn ANY language don't shorten the words, that only leads to them not even becoming close to learning the language. Good job you read two ******** books, you still don't know everything about a religion so why don't you just shut up and go ******** your Bible and your Koran. You say I look like a fool, but you don't see me. You see text on a screen. Just like how you see text on a book page. "Spirituality" is a joke made up for people who didn't want to get caught in arguments, but you came in anyway and decided try and guide me to my "inner peace" wow what a ******** retard.

That's not a real statistic you ******** gimp, it was an educated guess. And I'm pretty confident I'm fairly accurate.

"You're not helping by bashing something that you haven't read in it's full entirety." If you actually believe that how can you not apply that to people? Hypocrite. No one gives a s**t about how much religious text you read, it doesn't make you special. It just makes YOU another fool who thinks he's got something to say. It's been done before, be original for once.

I suggest you take a step back from the keyboard and take a step forward to your Koran. Since you love reading so much. I honestly don't know what good either you or your "gf" thought you could do, all you do is piss people off with your sense of overflowing self worth. You're just as expendable as the rest of us. Get over yourself. You aren't "knowledgeable" or "special" just because you're apart of the half-assed label "Spiritual" which you probably don't even know what it even really is without using your amazing ability to copy and paste s**t from the internet.
Colm-kun
Azure Wulf
Colm-kun
Azure Wulf
Lebenswelt

That didn't tell me anything. All you did was elongate the phrase "Uh-uh-uh-uh your stupid!" People who learn ANY language don't shorten the words, that only leads to them not even becoming close to learning the language. Good job you read two ******** books, you still don't know everything about a religion so why don't you just shut up and go ******** your Bible and your Koran. You say I look like a fool, but you don't see me. You see text on a screen. Just like how you see text on a book page. "Spirituality" is a joke made up for people who didn't want to get caught in arguments, but you came in anyway and decided try and guide me to my "inner peace" wow what a ******** retard.

That's not a real statistic you ******** gimp, it was an educated guess. And I'm pretty confident I'm fairly accurate.

"You're not helping by bashing something that you haven't read in it's full entirety." If you actually believe that how can you not apply that to people? Hypocrite. No one gives a s**t about how much religious text you read, it doesn't make you special. It just makes YOU another fool who thinks he's got something to say. It's been done before, be original for once.

I suggest you take a step back from the keyboard and take a step forward to your Koran. Since you love reading so much. I honestly don't know what good either you or your "gf" thought you could do, all you do is piss people off with your sense of overflowing self worth. You're just as expendable as the rest of us. Get over yourself. You aren't "knowledgeable" or "special" just because you're apart of the half-assed label "Spiritual" which you probably don't even know what it even really is without using your amazing ability to copy and paste s**t from the internet.

XD Do you seriously need that many f-bombs to attempt to get your point across? And did I say I knew everything about religion? Nope, I sure didn't. I also don't believe that I'm of special caliber just because I'm spiritual; I'm just like any other person with different beliefs. Sure, who gives a rat's a** if I've read two books so far; the difference between you and I though is that I respect other peoples' beliefs. I don't go around saying that's "half-assed" or telling people to go ******** a religious book xd That's just extremely rude and that's what I'm trying to get at: why don't people just respect each other instead of unnecessarily bashing one another?

At least I'm attempting to be a peaceful person here and telling both sides that they should be a tad bit more optimistic. I often see these threads and they usually lead to hateful comments and it worries me, because instead of working towards understanding one another, we're heading in the opposite direction.

Though, I don't need religious text to be for optimism; I just truly brought it up only to respond to your, "So you might want to read it yourself before you tell the opposition to read the whole thing." If you suddenly don't give a crap that I read it then hell, oh well, who cares, whatever floats your boat. Also, I read these books because they're interesting and it's nice to know others' belief systems. I don't read them so I can attempt to be labeled "special." No ones special; we're all equal.

"[...] all you do is piss people off with your sense of overflowing self worth [...]"

Truly, I think the only one I'm pissing off is you *looks around for other responses* and about the overflowing self worth, again with the special argument? Seriously? I mean, that's basically all you're telling me: that you think that I think I'm special (which I don't think I am), to go ******** or read a book, that spiritualism is a joke and an excuse, and all of this is mingled in an unnecessary assault of cuss words rofl

Again, with Queeny, she doesn't use "txt talk" 24/7, so no worries about her learning the English language. Trust me it used to be worst than that; at least I'm weaning her away from it wink

2,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
Wow. That was the most worthless post I've seen in three months. You don't really have anything to say I can see. You're just rambling and trying to be right. I completely respect other peoples life choices, but when they (dumb-asses camouflaged in polite mannerisms like you) even exert or try and say they are right about something you can't see or prove in any way, or any amount is when I start doing this. I have many Christian friends, I'm the only atheist in my family. You do realize that unlike your half, my side of the argument is clouded by biased?
varavex
Wow.
I don't even see why half of you even try with
some people, if they don't believe then they don't
You cant force them to.
So let them do their s**t and we will do ours.
Of course, ill be laughing while we watch them burn
In hell ;]

atleast i'll find some friends down in hell wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out