Welcome to Gaia! ::

Darek Khort
Since I am not religious I believe that the bible was written by humans; and at the time of writing the bible society had different views from those of today, so those types of phrases in the bible are nothing to be amazed.

Well obviously the bible wasn't faxed down from heaven.
II iGoRawrz II
Lady Kayura
Taking things out of context is a poor way to debate. If you read a whole work of literature, it makes more sense. Of course, this is implying that after reading it, thought occurs and some sort of understanding is reached. I think, however, that's asking far too much from people.

uuuum. most of those are pretty clear.

unless the next verse says "...jk"

ugh, this is why i hate talking to people who haven't put in the proper time to understand the concept of this, in order to get that the verse is truly saying you must read other chapters. It isnt like a twilight book where everything is explained in order..... one thing that is said at the beginning of the book may be explained in more detailed near the end... all the data is scattered in a way. You have to read the entire damn thing to fully understand anything....

although may people don't read the entire bible its best to do so in order to get the colored/ more detailed pic instead of the black and white version...

6,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Yeah, the Bible is really messed up.
    #2 reason why I stopped being a Christian.
Remember people, the Bible has been written by men OF THAT TIME. Views like sexism have been influenced into the Bible, so it is not exactly what Catholocism or other religions like that are preaching.
half these verses are from the old testament and ALL are during time of war against someone who is an enemy of god, and you might want to read the verses before them and after them
Such is the essence of the bible; violence, male chauvanism, and killing the infidels.

Interesting Autobiographer

11,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
One day I will be happy..

Get over it.

Its written nothing you can do about it.

SUcks huh.
Give me Comments plz!
Ryujin_masamune
Queeny of Hearts
Ryujin_masamune
Religion is pure crap and evil, most of the wars are started because of religion. And why? because they take the Bible, Koran or what ever to seriously. The bible and such is just a guideline to live a good life to love the ones you care about and to be a good neighbor and such.
There is no god the only god is you. You are the one who has to lead your life not some sort of God who you cannot see or has not been proven that he/she/it excists.

actually.... no
governants take excuses to make war and take what they want from em
i saw that on class xP
so they wont care if they take a religious excuse.
unless they r radicalist as musulman ( or however is said in english )
and as i said to rawr, its not my fault u havent met him yet
so dont say taht something doesnt exists cuz u havent had the experience =)

I just don't believe in something that is not proven or i cannot see. At first people thought God lived in the clouds and that the clouds were heaven but we have gone beyond that and there is no god there. No i refuse to let my live be controled by something that i can't prove it excists as a matter of fact i won't let my live be controled by anything or anyone.

and thats ok dude!
its perfect for me
better decide what u wnat than bein hypocrite
but as i say: respect
if u dont believe cuz u dont see cuz u dont feel bla bla bla its ok with me
just respect that i do believe =)

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Yup, all Bibles should be sold like this.

User Image

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Profitable 100
I think you should read the stories in their entirety.

God is not sexist. He created man first and he created man to be the head of the household.

God did not say to bash babies against rocks. If you read the Bible you'd know that Christ is refered to as the solid rock on which we stand.

Yes, slaves were a part of the Bible and some of them were treated pretty badly but times have changed and so have the way people treat slaves.

Before you accuse God of all these things you should actually take the time to learn why he had men write it down in what became the Bible.

Hilarious Lunatic

9,425 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Natalia93

God is not sexist. He created man first and he created man to be the head of the household.

based on JUST WHAT YOU SAID you are a hypocrite.
That statement is SEXIST.

Thank you for wasting our time.

2,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
Queeny of Hearts
ok rawr, u r taking just phrases and dont understandin the whole thing
did u read the whole thing? i doubt it
u just go and take what u want to start bullshitting
and im gettin tired of ur ignorance
here is my response to each of the phrases u "analized" ( conviniently )

Levitico 25: 35-55 (sorry, i have the bible in spanish but its the same )

in this part talks about doin good to ur brother. The point is, it said before that phrase: "if someone comes and sells to you cuz of their debts, treat em as guests and after everything paid, returned em to their family" meaning that: slaves of that time where cuz of the need, and for that doesnt mean u have to be rude with em. It was like a job that time if u didnt knew.

Timoteo 2: 1-15

Again u didnt read it all xD Talks about doin good for God. First of all i`ll teahc u a bit of history, my dear rawr: Women in that time where xtremely under man`s control, and no, that didnt had to do with God, but with man`s mentality those days. So, after that sentences u put, it says that she has to learn to listen. Just like Jesus` mother, learn to listen what God says and keep it in their heart. It didnt said: treat em shitty, or anything like that. Women werent aoud to teach since man wouldnt listen, cuz of machismo ( i dunno the world in english, sorry ).

Salmo 137: 1-9

GOSH! i did laugh alot when i read it complete, cuz once again u didnt read it all xD!
Its talking about cities!!!! pfft!
Its talking about soemone who is heading to Sion, and they cam efrom Jerusalen
later on they say about the daughther of Babilonia ( a CITY! ) and its says it will be destroid
later it says ur phrase that u take it as if it was taking of humans.... xD

Oseas 14

so know im starting to think u look at this on internet and thats why u didnt got the chance to read it, since theres no 16 versicle on chap 13, that phrase is from chap 14, versicle 1.
its like God`s punishment, since before Christ, God was seen like punishing and not compassive from humans... believe me it didnt meant literally, and it was a way of sayin bad things would happen. But it didnt said its ok to abort or anything

Exodo 21 1- 11

Its very clear to me u dont understand historically what was goin on that time. Its causes us confussion ( well, for u it does ) since nowadays its wrong to be slaves. But that time, as i said before, was like a job: a way of payin debts. If u continue to read it says if she doesnt marry ayone of the family, she might be free to go.

ay rawr, i dunno what to say to u anymore
all this things ur posting its cuz ur finding a way to justify why u cant understand
but as i said in some of ur last threads: it not my, not ay other catholic or christian that u havent had God in ur life.
Stop sayin stuff just to contradict religion, real atheist dont really care about our stuff and concetrate on theirs, u should do that too if u dont really wanna hear reasons, and just gonna take what its good for u and that helps u contradict
As I respect ur desition of not believin, plz respect mines of believin
Cuz i do kow about this and its clear u dont even care about reading the whole thing
and just to end: if u really wanna do soemthing, do it for urself and dont search stupid stuff on internet, get the reaserch urself! ad maybe u can read and undestand why they r sayin that
also some history courses might be ok for u xD
Everytime you type, your God kills an unborn baby.

Hilarious Lunatic

9,425 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Colm-kun
Everytime you type, your God kills an unborn baby.

I luld
Wow.
I don't even see why half of you even try with
some people, if they don't believe then they don't
You cant force them to.
So let them do their s**t and we will do ours.
Of course, ill be laughing while we watch them burn
In hell ;]

2,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
varavex
Wow.
I don't even see why half of you even try with
some people, if they don't believe then they don't
You cant force them to.
So let them do their s**t and we will do ours.
Of course, ill be laughing while we watch them burn
In hell ;]
And you shall be raped by the flying spaghetti monster's noodley appendage.

Coming into a thread just to PMS doesn't really make you any better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff