on the internet.
ok maybe two.

but i've learned not to trust anyone unless
i've talked to them lots.

As always, I still get paranoid xD

oh i am too
XD

very.
but after awhile you just cant but trust some people.
: )
Robynne
[Head Like A Hole]
Robynne
there is really only one person i trust implicitly
on the internet.
ok maybe two.

but i've learned not to trust anyone unless
i've talked to them lots.

As always, I still get paranoid xD

oh i am too
XD

very.
but after awhile you just cant but trust some people.
: )

My one question that I ask to some:

"Are you willing to take a bullet in a vital area?"

User Image
Hell no. I talk to people but what's the point in trusting anyone on the internet?
Anyway, to give an actual reply to the topic;

I have a myspace, but yes I do think people who put way too much info online are idiots gonk
I have an online friend that I've known for more than a year, but I'm not gonna go and give him my address no matter how much I trust him online, there's still a possibility he could be an old man that hangs out on neopets at midnight in his heart printed boxers eek
Actually, if we still keep in touch and we're still good friends in about 4 years, I'm thinking of asking if we can meet. I mean, we do live in the same county and all.

..wow, I just rambled there whee
On my myspace page, I give mostly true information, but if I think it gets too personal, then I just leave it out of what I say about myself. Ex: I say what school I go to, but I don't post up my entire class schedule so someone can follow me around (and I've actually seen people who've posted up their schedules too...)

=-=-=-=-=-=
For your second question, actually, to be honest the only people I do *completely* trust online are the people with a myspace, it's not enough for me to be talking to them for a few weeks, I need to see pictures and comments from their friends and stuff.
=-=-=-=-=-=
I think myspace's privacy policy is just fine, it's the people that use myspace that make it seem like such an unsafe site because some people put up pictures they're not supposed to (ex: half naked pictures of them)
=-=-=-=-=-=
Gaia's privacy policy, I think, is the same, minus it being an unsafe site, because the admins actually crack down on the people who violate the TOS, unlike on myspace where the staff can't see absolutely everything.
I trust a lot of the people on the internet.

I'm lucky nothing dangerous has happened to me, actually.

>__>
i have dated on craigs list and have been recognized on the strrets of holywood thanks to myspace it is a little creepy considering the fact that all my myspace friends are storm troopers and comic book nerd ....
"Do you trust people on the web?"

Only after a wide number of replies and PMs and maybe even then no. Also, if I "trust" someone in the net it takes a whole lot more to trust them in reality. I don't met in real life ppl that I met online (this can change, but after a lot of chatting ...I don't really trust most humans afterall ninja domokun )

"Do you have some way of forming trust with people on the web?"

After a lot of chatting, but even then it generally stays in the 'trusted in the net and nowhere else' category.

"How do you view the privacy issue on myspace.com?"

Haven't use it.

"How do you view the privacy on Gaia?"

It's fine.

Hygienic Raider

15,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
D: Iknowrly.
SadlyI trust alotofpeopleon theinternet. :/
K apperantly my spacebars messing up a bit.. k maybe not.
But anyway, I have a myspace, there's not alot of information on it. My name and state at the most, should take out the more important part. On Gaia I trust anyone, and thats a good thing for *****. D:
emwo12003
D: Iknowrly.
SadlyI trust alotofpeopleon theinternet. :/
K apperantly my spacebars messing up a bit.. k maybe not.
But anyway, I have a myspace, there's not alot of information on it. My name and state at the most, should take out the more important part. On Gaia I trust anyone, and thats a good thing for *****. D:

So wait, you aren't the 56 year old Indonesian man?

(No ***** are going to emmie's door D< wink

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Webcam is your friend. biggrin

And if you think about it, a lot of normal decent people use the internet, and I bet they outnumber the scary freaks. So, you could probably avoid meeting any of those bad people. Besides, a good number of them are obvious. If you're female, and the person who just IM'ed you start asking for your bra size, that's an instant indicator to flee the scene. 4laugh

But I do admit that I'm going to meet a few people I know from Gaia, someday.

But then, no ***** is going to go for me, considering i'm 26. xd
I probably trust people online way too easily...

But I have an extremly good sense of when people are lying to me... even on the internet.
Wasn't there a big scare about this lately? Look-people who are on Gaia aren't really diffrent from those on Myspace. It's a matter of how much they want to give away about themselves.

Do you trust people on the web? No.
Do you have some way of forming trust with people on the web?
Yes, if I know them in person.
How do you view the privacy issue on myspace.com?
I don't talk to people on myspace that I don't know personally. My myspace is friends only. smile
Lily8987
xd I was going to come in here and laugh at you xd But internet ppl....trust....me? Nu! I assume everyone is a middle ages bald greasy man who wants to touch young people, or a creepy old lady who wants to terrorize people O_<

Well thats just mean...
I trust people I meet online about as far as I can throw them. They're okay to talk to, but I'm not giving them any personal information beyond my first name (which is popular, so I don't think there's any threat there), age (which I lie about, frequently xD), and state (though that's probably unwise, since it's a nowhere state).

Generally, meeting someone you've met online in person is stupid. In fact, I can't think of one instance where it's not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff