Welcome to Gaia! ::

KILLING IN THE NAME OF

******** YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME 0.43367346938776 43.4% [ 85 ]
Rage against the machine :o 0.56632653061224 56.6% [ 111 ]
Total Votes:[ 196 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

The background:

Myspace.com, the site that makes dating sites cringe, is very popular among some people nowadays.

People are allowed to put pictures of themselves up on their Myspace page, and they can also put information about themselves.

Some put personal information. And you really don't know who is on the other side of the screen.

Some people actually meet others that they've met on myspace.com.

It's a rather dangerous thing.

The details:

Internet privacy is important now. There are plenty of people on the web, and nobody knows if that picture is real, or if google provided the picture. There is no definite way to know if that 17 year old guy from NYC is actually a 57 year old man from Wisconsin, who wants some of that not-legal a** from a girl.

Questions for Discussion:

Do you trust people on the web?

Do you have some way of forming trust with people on the web?

How do you view the privacy issue on myspace.com?

How do you view the privacy on Gaia?
Gaia, Anime Myspace. With smaller profile pages.
the only way that i truely trust a girl is if i talk to em a lot
they know a lot about girls, and there anatomy
and have multible pictures, including pictures with family members

or if they have a webcam
xd I was going to come in here and laugh at you xd But internet ppl....trust....me? Nu! I assume everyone is a middle ages bald greasy man who wants to touch young people, or a creepy old lady who wants to terrorize people O_<
People are idiots for posting real information, from where they live, to how old they are.
It's like asking for someone to rape them.

neutral
BUT THEY WERE RENEGADES..OF THEIR TIME AND AGE YAH THEY WERE RENEGADES OF FUNK HUAH!
If girls want to post slutty pictures and put their email, address, and phone number on there. Let them. Just goes to show you they aren't the smartest person alive.

I do have a myspace, but I don't do that. It's just wrong.
MySpace can go die scream
I tend to not trust people period, online or off. It makes life so much simpler that way.
There are a small handful of people online that I trust. Not from here (well, one, but I knew him from before)... they're from about four or five years ago. One of them has already died. I read her obit in the paper.

For the most part, though, I don't trust people online.

My older bro met his fiancee online, so I guess not everyone is lying.
Sei Zu Raku
People are idiots for posting real information, from where they live, to how old they are.
It's like asking for someone to rape them.

neutral

Myspace.com= Rape case waiting to happen?
I thought those news stories were lies. I thought, "Hey, who would ever think of reading my about me on myspace? Who would think of IMing me? No one, haha."

But this kid from school, who I never spoke to in my life, knows all my friends names, all about us, our screennames, everything. How, you ask? MySpace, of course. He looked at our pictures, just walks up to us and says "This is Brianna, Hayley, Sarah..."

and I`m just like
"Oh crap. You read that, mate?!"

Ja. I ran home and editted my myspace like hell, then made it private so only my MySpace friends could view it.
I don't trust a single word I read on the internet anymore...

Tipsy Genius

Dude i saw your title and was seriously about to flame you lol but i totally agree! you own ._.
I have a myspace, but with fake pictures and info.
I did get my pics from google, by typing in steroids..
cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces