Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sneer
If you get into fights, then you can't be the steriotypical 'nice guy'.

Sure I can - like I said, I used to be agressive when I was younger, probably because I was brought up in a Christian school and the teachers picked on me, so I rebelled a lot. The fact I am now more reserved hasn't changed anything about the size of my muscles now has it? In fact, i've worked out a lot since then.

In fact, i've gotten into fights after i've settled down and still proved i'm not a p***y. 5 chavs attacked me a couple of months ago, one armed with a plastic pipe, and I still managed to give one a bloody nose and cut anothers lip.
it works like this for most girl....thay love the bad boy type untell they git bored with it...i just went thou this myself...thats why i only date metal heads
Sneer
Girls who say that they want a nice guy don't know what they want.
Nice guys are pussies. They can't take inititive and are cowards.
They sob and are either laughed at or pitied. Not loved.

Girls who say they want a nice guy really just want a guy that cares for them.

It isn't always like that, I never fall for the most attractive guy. Okay you like them in the beginning, but the ones I have crushes on are mostly smart, funny and not too populair. I can't help it, But i'm a dominant person who likes to lead the group. A soft guy is perfect for me.
I hope one day I meet a nice guy. I hate it when women constantly let men treat them like dirt. Doesn't every girl want to be treated like a princess?
My situation:
I've always been a nice guy, helping people and being pretty idle most of the time. Letting other people do pretty much what they want while I myself didn't do much at all. I was happy, not a worry in the world. Nor a girl.
Last two years or so I've kinda changed; I still don't care what people do - neither do I care for them much at all. I never hurt people, I'm never mean to them but I don't care much for them either.
A year ago I met this wonderful girl and eight months ago we officially announced our love.
We're still together, as happy as ever.

My 2 cents:
Being a nice guy seems to put you in the position of "friend you can discuss problems with" while being a little tougher makes you the "hot guy I'd like to be with". Still, I think nice guy is a preferable condition. A guy who is nice but acts a bit tough is probably the 'ultimate' - 'cause then you attract females who don't know you, and when they get to know you they see what a nice guy you are =D

On the topic of domestic violence; No one has the right to hurt anyone else unless it is in self defence purposes. The kind of girl who is attracted to the extreme bad boys have some responsibility though, they should be able to see the pattern of society and have some precaution. It's still the man who is the wrong-doer if he hits his wife though, no doubt about it! But if you match up with a nice guy you most likely won't get hurt.

Girls: Watch out for the trouble-makers, try to find a decent guy instead.
Guys: Watch out for the trouble-maker-seeking girl and keep up the good spirit and niceness. You will find a nice girl who followed my advice wink If you like to and feel good doing so, you can act a little tough, it's just a part of the game (like make-up or whatever) but be nice!

Thanks for reading =) heart

/Siouxsie, the cool nice guy =D
bad boys are attractive because of just that-they are bad boys, and there is always something going on. however, eventually most ppl get over bad boys, because they are so full of themselves.....nice boys are hot.
Sanshima Reina
I hope one day I meet a nice guy. I hate it when women constantly let men treat them like dirt. Doesn't every girl want to be treated like a princess?
so true. i want a guy thats sweet and isnt gonna treat me wrong.
To be honest, i've never really felt for a "bad-guy" until just a week ago... but i'm pretty old fashion so chanse are this wont happen again.
Some women cant help the fact that they like dominant men. Sometimes this is a result of some sort of abuse when they were younger, and other times it's just because they like being taken care of. If it is the first case then i dont think that they are responsible for being abused because it is a psychological issue, not a preferance. On the other hand, women who just like men like that, yes, i think it is somewhat their fault.
i myself am a shy person(in real life) and dont like bad boys who atract attention. dont get me wrong i sometimes dont crazy things.....but i regret it tomorrow. and when i do something totally stupid its around my freinds who are just as insane.
charlenebug53
bad boys are attractive because of just that-they are bad boys, and there is always something going on. however, eventually most ppl get over bad boys, because they are so full of themselves.....nice boys are hot.
i completely agree. I have this really smart, nice guy in my lab group for science and i really like him because of that. I think bad boys are somewhat not attractive because if you look at their life, you can see that they're not going anywhere. Succeeding in life is much more attractive. But bad boys can be irresistable because of their sex appeal. sweatdrop
Laenis

It's not inviting abuse, but one thing leads to another. If a person advertises the fact they are agressive and domineering, you should maybe consider the possibility they are agressive towards people they are in relationships with.

As I said, not all dometic abuse is committed by bad boy types - hell a lot of it is committed by women, although some like to pretend it isn't. On the other hand it's far more likely to come from people who do openly act like that.

Just because someone advertises themselves as being thusly, doesn't mean they will be with you. I have a friend (yes, we're still friends) that I was dating for a while who, to most, would be viewed as the "bad boy" (okay, he really was, he got into fights a lot and did stupid s**t), but that's not who I knew him as. Note, We were friends for years before getting involved with each other, so I do know him on a different level than most. But he went through a hard time and we stopped dating then. Still friends to this day though.
Anyway, what I'm getting as is that sometimes you can't judge someone by how they act in social situations, because sometimes they actually are a different person when alone with you. And I don't think there's a correlation between public aggression and domestic abuse. I mean if you even go around and survey people who have been in abusive relationships, I don't think the majority of them will tell you "He was always an aggressive guy", I have a feeling the majority of them will say "He was always sweet, everyone loved him, and then suddenly he just changed" because to be blunt, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. It's easier to keep controll over someone who has witnessed first hand, your kindness, even when you're being unkind, than to keep someone who's witnessed your apathy and rudeness when you're treating them even worse.
However, I'm not saying that every girl should go out and date a "bad boy" because a lot of them are just plain a** holes and won't change, not even for you.
It's quite a problem. but luckily there are women who swim against the flow. In this day and age it's less to do with physical dominance. Don't know if my kids would turn out to be wussified smart asses.. but I'd like to think it's a good thing! Almost all modern problems require or need a lot more brainpower to side with it.

A little aggressive muscle isn't a bad thing all the time though.
You need someone to balance you out, but the whole "watch out I'm mocho" thing has got to go. I have a very hyper active personality, so I need someone who knows how to have fun and be romantic but knows when to get down to business. heart I believe all girls have something programmed into them though that makes us fall for the hot guys, I believe I have beeten that and I know others can. Once you figure out who you are you can figure out what type of guy would suit you best. Sorry I went a little off topic...Oh 4laugh well
TPauSilver
I don't think anything gives a man the right to beat a woman. Nothing. I'm sure she didn't pick him thinking "yay, I'm going to suffer domestic violence" and he didn't tell her "hey, I'm going to beat you". We believe the best in people so women don't believe thier SO will hit them, and when they do they blame themselves though it isn't their fault.
Please shut up. No one was talking about that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff