Welcome to Gaia! ::

Again, it sounds to me like you're stereotyping with no factual background, or time taken to research.

There is just about always to an extent a dominant person in a relationship, to different degrees. Sometimes, the dominant person just happens to be male. That does not mean that they're prone to agression and violence against their partner. It means they are dominant in the relationship, and nothinmg more.

What's even more fun, is that I've seen quite a few of the so called "bad boys" being submissive in their relationships. And it just so happens that they didn't go randomly retalliating against their partners by slapping them around either.
Unfortunately, I've only ever fallen for assholes. There was only ever one person who wasn't an a*****e, and even he wasn't completely sweet.

Never been beaten, though.
Being a nice guy has never worked out for me.

You don't have to beat your girlfriend, you just have to be able to beat everyone else.
Hard_Gay
Again, it sounds to me like you're stereotyping with no factual background, or time taken to research.

There is just about always to an extent a dominant person in a relationship, to different degrees. Sometimes, the dominant person just happens to be male. That does not mean that they're prone to agression and violence against their partner. It means they are dominant in the relationship, and nothinmg more.

What's even more fun, is that I've seen quite a few of the so called "bad boys" being submissive in their relationships. And it just so happens that they didn't go randomly retalliating against their partners by slapping them around either.

It's not something i've gone to the effort of researching...it's just I had to study domestic violence in sociology, and what struck me was a lot of the personal accounts mentioned that the females initially liked the fact their man was so "masucline".

I do know a lot about the whole dominance and submission stuff - i'm a submissive male myself. However, I wouldn't be attracted to an ex-con female who wielded a knife or anything - whilst she probably is dominant, it wouldn't be in a way i'd enjoy.

I think i've confused the issue by using the term "Bad boy". I'm not talking about men who just put on some image of being tough but it is clearly just that. I'm talking about people who are openly agressive, violent and sexist. In those kind of cases...it's pretty wise to keep away from them, and yet they are often surrounded by women. I always wonder - surely they know they are heading for trouble?
Yellow-M
I have noticed that women go for pretty boy loners. It's a credit to their stupidity if they stay with them and they turn out to be no good.

Us nice guys like girls that go for dangerous guys, so we're just as stupid and generally never learn either.

It's true and don't take it the wrong way because I'm being honest. smile
'Bad Boys' are appealing because you are sure they will stand up for you no matter what. Apart from that, they are the guys you can see yourself having fun with by taking risks in the future. 'Nice Guys' you can't be sure of because they don't display a very 'rough' kind of nature. You can't be sure they'll run away if someone tries to take your purse. When you have 'sure' and 'not so sure', then you tend to go for the 'sure'.

Personally, I like both, but now I tend to stay away from the 'less manly' kind of guys because my last attempt to talk to a nice guy (because I liked him) turned out um...he was gay. Something that I thought I could point out right away, but it turns out it wasn't so. I don't know, but I usually tend to fall for the nice types of guys who also have to be appealing to the eye. This is where pretty-boy loners come in. Pretty-boys, to me, are the most appealing types of guys out there. When they're lonely you just want to take them home with you, although you're not going to do it. I'm not sure what exactly it is, but you feel more comfortable going to talk to them than a football player with all his jerk friends. confused
Hobbes
Being a nice guy has never worked out for me.

You don't have to beat your girlfriend, you just have to be able to beat everyone else.

Nicely said. biggrin What was your name again? wink
Girls who say that they want a nice guy don't know what they want.
Nice guys are pussies. They can't take inititive and are cowards.
They sob and are either laughed at or pitied. Not loved.

Girls who say they want a nice guy really just want a guy that cares for them.
Just because you're an a*****e doesn't mean you're abusive.
I'd never. never strike a woman.
Hmmm that is peculiar.

My boyfriend is well dominant, lets say. But he would never hurt me. The only time that he's violent is playing football neutral

I know he would never hurt anyone outside the game, and definately not me.

But i know some girls who are in that sad situation though sad

-Kato heart
The thing about that is that "love" is more often than not just feeling safe around someone else. This is why a female would seek out a male partner that can kick any random bystander's a**. They want protection, and love.

But, I've gotta say, I'm against violence, so I don't want that kind of guy. 'sides, I took martial arts classes for a while and now I use a bowflex, so I don't think I'd have to worry about it. And anyone who touches my plants without caring hands will feel the wrath of someone who's been using a bowflex. xd
Sneer

That's true. Unless they like emo boys.
ScarletKisses
Yellow-M
I have noticed that women go for pretty boy loners. It's a credit to their stupidity if they stay with them and they turn out to be no good.

Us nice guys like girls that go for dangerous guys, so we're just as stupid and generally never learn either.

It's true and don't take it the wrong way because I'm being honest. smile
'Bad Boys' are appealing because you are sure they will stand up for you no matter what. Apart from that, they are the guys you can see yourself having fun with by taking risks in the future. 'Nice Guys' you can't be sure of because they don't display a very 'rough' kind of nature. You can't be sure they'll run away if someone tries to take your purse. When you have 'sure' and 'not so sure', then you tend to go for the 'sure'.
This of course is the mighty irony. Self serving showboats are not what you're looking for in long term relationships. They're only good for one thing razz
Sneer

Like I say, i'd like to think of myself as a nice guy, and if you think i'm a p***y i'd welcome you to prove it. I've being in more fights than I remeber, and lost very few smile

There is no link between people being introverted and physical weakness. It's just dominant guys are more likely to throw their weight around and challenge people. Doesn't mean they'll win - a lot of boxers are shy people. Haven't you ever seen when a dumbass meat head challenges a quiet person and gets their a** kicked?

4,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
I agree with the earlier statement that bad boy doesn't necessarily mean domestic violence. To me a "bad boy" is someone who doesn't care about rules, what people say, tell them not to do, the kind that carries lighters even if they don't smoke, tell stories about getting kicked out of the mall. That kind of thing. I suppose an aggressive personality goes with that, a lot of guys I know like that carry knives and have guns at home.. Its scary.

I used to be someone attracted by boys like that. But then I found that I was really just scared of them, and I really didn't want to be involved with people like that. Not that I judge books by covers.. I try to get to know people first, but if the bad boy thing goes too deep, it scares me away. A little bit of it is attractive.

But shyness can be attractive too, cute. Tenderness and kindness are the words that make girls' hearts flutter.

Its all about personal preference. I've found that more sexually active people go for the bad boys further, like end up dating them and staying with them for a while, rather just having infatuations about them.
Laenis
Sneer

Like I say, i'd like to think of myself as a nice guy, and if you think i'm a p***y i'd welcome you to prove it. I've being in more fights than I remeber, and lost very few smile

There is no link between people being introverted and physical weakness. It's just dominant guys are more likely to throw their weight around and challenge people. Doesn't mean they'll win - a lot of boxers are shy people. Haven't you ever seen when a dumbass meat head challenges a quiet person and gets their a** kicked?
If you get into fights, then you can't be the steriotypical 'nice guy'.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff