Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chaos Dirge
Nightfire666
Inconspicuous Obviousness
Nightfire666
Well, by the dictionary definitions of the word 'hardcore', it could really only be used as a way to state that someone dedicates a decent amount of their time to video gaming, thus fitting one of the "properly" recognized definitions. But there is also the need to compare. Hardcore wouldn't be hardcore, unless there was a norm, which, really, there is none. So, by comparison, it wouldn't come down to "This person is a hardcore gamer, this person isn't," it would come down to "This person devotes more of their time and has more skill in the way of gaming than this person." This doesn't mean that the other person is suddenly any less of a gamer. That was my point.

Thankyou, I agree...if i'm understanding this right.

Just because you are hardcore does not mean you are any less of a gamer.

Essentially, yes, that is what it comes down to. The rest of it is just a sense of opinionated bull crap from those fitting within the basis of the term "gamer".
Actually she got it wrong again.

She is attaching to much on the hardcore part. Its being hardcore doesn't make the gamers any less of a gamer. >>

Crap. I suddenly feel baited.

Dangerous Genius

Nightfire666
Chaos Dirge
Nightfire666
Nightfire666
Well, by the dictionary definitions of the word 'hardcore', it could really only be used as a way to state that someone dedicates a decent amount of their time to video gaming, thus fitting one of the "properly" recognized definitions. But there is also the need to compare. Hardcore wouldn't be hardcore, unless there was a norm, which, really, there is none. So, by comparison, it wouldn't come down to "This person is a hardcore gamer, this person isn't," it would come down to "This person devotes more of their time and has more skill in the way of gaming than this person." This doesn't mean that the other person is suddenly any less of a gamer. That was my point.

Essentially, yes, that is what it comes down to. The rest of it is just a sense of opinionated bull crap from those fitting within the basis of the term "gamer".

She is attaching to much on the hardcore part. Its being hardcore doesn't make the gamers any less of a gamer. >>

Exactly why I got frustrated, now you know why I left. and now I leave again.
Chaos Dirge
Nightfire666
Chaos Dirge
Nightfire666
Nightfire666

Exactly why I got frustrated, now you know why I left. and now I leave again.

What the-...goddamit stop lurking and talk again D:< You left me confused and that wasnt very fair.

I said what I said, now stop interpreting what I said differently.
And yes I was wrong, i'll admit that, but what your saying is not what im trying to say.

Just because you are NOT hardcore does not make you any less of a gamer.

Omnipresent Krampus

There's no such thing as hardcore. That's just a lame definition that people came up with so that they can claim to be better than someone else. If you're not at their level, you're not "hardcore" enough.
Heck, a friend of mine thinks I'm "hardcore" because I can play GH on Expert and because I finished GoW on God Mode. Yet another friend of mine thinks the opposite. I simply play to have fun. I don't do it so that someone can claim how awesome I am. But that's off topic.

Game ARE easier now. For example, I had a game called Adventure Island 2 for the NES and it was incredibly hard. It wasn't only because I was a kid and I wasn't as skilled as I am now, but we only had 3 lives, no cheats, no memory cards, no special weapons or armor, no shortcuts, no Gameshark and no strategy guides. It was just a little guy armed with an axe and that's all, good luck. So nowadays, even if there's a game that's like 100 hours long where you only have a toothpick as a weapon, we have all that stuff so it's much easier to beat a game.
You guys have to remember if you've been playing games for a long time games nowadays probably seem easy because you have a lot of experience with games.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff