Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Genius

Inconspicuous Obviousness
RAFAKUN MORRY
hard core games to me are a bunch of elitist that arent satisfied whit a game difficulty unless you are able to die in one shot form any unavoidable attack of any monster .

now on topic i can agree that it is true many of the games lately ( not just LOZ btw ) have become rather easy to conquer for ether the fact of there being to many weak enemy's or the puzzles being to simple , it would be cool if all games had a hard mode changing not only the number of enemy's but the enemy's A.I. and the puzzles complexity ( like how different OoT is from master quest )

See, I guess thats where I differ from most people in this discussion, is that I see the "hardcore" title not as someone who is a pompous elitest, but someone who enjoys playing video games alot more than the average person and is willing to go a bit farther than nessesary when beating a game.

And once again, you didn't get my message, I do believe that. I just post that in every thread so that a debate doesn't pop up that lasts all of 50 pages like in the older days when me and 3 other people wer arugeing against 20 people what hardcore was. I don't view Hardcore as a title when it comes to gamers, I view it as a compliment and it shouldn't be treated as anything other. Note, the real definition I pointed out doesn't argue with your's because its the same definition. But you are acting like the word Hardcore belongs to you in this post. The word is something that has existed for 60 years, you don';t make up the definition for it when the definition exists.

That is why Hardcore doesn't exist to me, because people make up their own definitions. Those don't exist. If you read my posts you would have got that.
Langlen
RAFAKUN MORRY
hard core games to me are a bunch of elitist that arent satisfied whit a game difficulty unless you are able to die in one shot form any unavoidable attack of any monster .

now on topic i can agree that it is true many of the games lately ( not just LOZ btw ) have become rather easy to conquer for ether the fact of there being to many weak enemy's or the puzzles being to simple , it would be cool if all games had a hard mode changing not only the number of enemy's but the enemy's A.I. and the puzzles complexity ( like how different OoT is from master quest )

See, I guess thats where I differ from most people in this discussion, is that I see the "hardcore" title not as someone who is a pompous elitest, but someone who enjoys playing video games alot more than the average person and is willing to go a bit farther than nessesary when beating a game.

However, the majority of gamers who call themselves "hardcore" are elitist ********.

That's why there's such a negative viewpoint towards that term, and that's part of hte reason I hate to separate gamers into "classes".

I know...and im saddened that so many of them are like that, and that they have such bad names...but in the end I would still like to become a "hardcore" gamer

And I don't mean to be an elitest, but I don't like being grouped in with the stereotypical girls who play only japanese RPGs and all of us just being called gamers. I'm sorry, but I dont think my time spent playing video games for hours and hours and going farther than others should be under the same name as them.
No offense to those who play only Japanese RPGs by the way sweatdrop

5,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
one of the hardest games i've heard of is Demon Soul...when you die, then enemies become stronger...and the first boss you fight kills you every time...its...insane
RAFAKUN MORRY

its hard to keep a straight definition to the title wen ALOT of people ruin it .
whit so many of so called hardcore gamers being pompous elitist its hard not to think as every so called hardcore game to be well a pompous elitist .

in any case the thing whit the game difficulty is actually easy to fix bi giving a game more then one difficulty setting ( and making sure hard more IS hard ) but it would then take a lot longer for the game to get released specially if they dont limit the extra difficulty to just enemy health and attack power but even altering the A.I. and changing the locations of things in the map .

Dangerous Genius

Langlen
RAFAKUN MORRY

However, the majority of gamers who call themselves "hardcore" are elitist ********.

That's why there's such a negative viewpoint towards that term, and that's part of hte reason I hate to separate gamers into "classes".

I know...and im saddened that so many of them are like that, and that they have such bad names...but in the end I would still like to become a "hardcore" gamer

And I don't mean to be an elitest, but I don't like being grouped in with the stereotypical girls who play only japanese RPGs and all of us just being called gamers. I'm sorry, but I dont think my time spent playing video games for hours and hours and going farther than others should be under the same name as them.
No offense to those who play only Japanese RPGs by the way sweatdrop
Why not? Those JRPGs last a while as well you know some can go longer than the games you play. They would be Hardcore by the real definition. You aren't any better than a elitist, you are one if you consider yourself any different. Accept it.
Chaos Dirge
RAFAKUN MORRY

And once again, you didn't get my message. I do believe that. I just post that in every thread so that a debate doesn't pop up that lasts all of 50 pages like in the older days when me and 3 other people wer arugeing against 20 people what hardcore was. I don't view Hardcore as a title when it comes to gamers, I view it as a compliment and it shouldn't be treated as anything other. Note, the real definition I pointed out doesn't argue with your's because its the same definition. But you are acting like the word Hardcore belongs to you in this post. The word is something that has existed for 60 years, you don';t make up the definition for it when the definition exists.

That is why Hardcore doesn't exist to me, because people make up their own definitions. Those don't exist. If you read my posts you would have got that.

Then I guess I don't understand in the end.

And no I do not believe the word belongs to me, i'm just simply stating what the definition means to me. I know what it means but im stating how I view it, everyone interprets that definition or sees that definition in a different way.

I'm sorry if you think that I am trying to create a new definition for it, im not.

And if im still not getting the point, please explain it to me, because I do not want to end up as someone who blatantly states their point and refuses to accept others. Sorry if this is tiring sweatdrop

IRL Exhibitionist

11,300 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Novemberists
Hardcore in general doesn't exist. The term itself is a ridiculous title people use so they can make their E- p***s larger.

But I don't have a p***s... and I aspire to be a "hardcore" gamer.

But if not hardcore, what would you call someone who has the "talent" or ability to play video games well and in a large amount.

Either a gamer or someone who lacks a life perhaps? You shouldn't have a need to label yourself anyways. And even if you did, Hardcore gamer? Seriously? Why not just say I'm a douchebag with security problems so I must justify my small pee pee by saying I'm ******** better than you will ever be.

Not trying to be mean or anything, just callsit as I seesit 3nodding
Hardcore: being so without apparent change or remedy; chronic: hard-core inflation; hard-core unemployment.

If your hardcore, you will only play the NES, never moving on.

If you think Majora's Mask and OoT were hard, you have problems. Maybe you just think that it's harder because of the, "LOLOLOL I LUV GMEZ EVRY1 ELS LUVS MY p***s IS HUGE."

Play the original LoZ.
RAFAKUN MORRY
RAFAKUN MORRY

its hard to keep a straight definition to the title wen ALOT of people ruin it .
whit so many of so called hardcore gamers being pompous elitist its hard not to think as every so called hardcore game to be well a pompous elitist .

in any case the thing whit the game difficulty is actually easy to fix bi giving a game more then one difficulty setting ( and making sure hard more IS hard ) but it would then take a lot longer for the game to get released specially if they dont limit the extra difficulty to just enemy health and attack power but even altering the A.I. and changing the locations of things in the map .

What is a hardcore game D:> I guess I still dont understand why people keep saying that.

Even with it taking more time, don't you think it would be better for wait longer for a better quality game? I mean honestly thats why i'm so excited this year because all the delayed games are finally coming out. Of course when they delayed it I was a bit dissapointed, but its nice to think that they have more time to improve a game.
Yeah, the Zelda series lost any bit of challenge starting with TP. Actually, maybe with WW...even that was pathetically easy.

And yes, Nintendo feels the need to dumb down their games nowadays...they even made some ridiculous patent for some system that lets the game play itself for you if you think it's too hard...

Dangerous Genius

Chaos Dirge
RAFAKUN MORRY

And once again, you didn't get my message. I do believe that. I just post that in every thread so that a debate doesn't pop up that lasts all of 50 pages like in the older days when me and 3 other people wer arugeing against 20 people what hardcore was. I don't view Hardcore as a title when it comes to gamers, I view it as a compliment and it shouldn't be treated as anything other. Note, the real definition I pointed out doesn't argue with your's because its the same definition. But you are acting like the word Hardcore belongs to you in this post. The word is something that has existed for 60 years, you don';t make up the definition for it when the definition exists.

Then I guess I don't understand in the end.

And no I do not believe the word belongs to me, i'm just simply stating what the definition means to me. I know what it means but im stating how I view it, everyone interprets that definition or sees that definition in a different way.

I'm sorry if you think that I am trying to create a new definition for it, im not.

And if im still not getting the point, please explain it to me, because I do not want to end up as someone who blatantly states their point and refuses to accept others. Sorry if this is tiring sweatdrop

You, are the reason I do that... You are making your own definition to it, you even admit it in your own posts. You can't interpret this different when you do it collapses on itself.
Sacrifice of Life
Yeah, the Zelda series lost any bit of challenge starting with TP. Actually, maybe with WW...even that was pathetically easy.

The only Zelda game that I felt had any challenge to it was AoL.

Dangerous Genius

Scarlet Bomber
Hardcore: being so without apparent change or remedy; chronic: hard-core inflation; hard-core unemployment.

If your hardcore, you will only play the NES pong, never moving on.

If you think Majora's Mask and OoT were hard, you have problems. Maybe you just think that it's harder because of the, "LOLOLOL I LUV GMEZ EVRY1 ELS LUVS MY p***s IS HUGE."

Play the original LoZ.
The Enforcer666
Novemberists
Hardcore in general doesn't exist. The term itself is a ridiculous title people use so they can make their E- p***s larger.

But I don't have a p***s... and I aspire to be a "hardcore" gamer.

But if not hardcore, what would you call someone who has the "talent" or ability to play video games well and in a large amount.

Either a gamer or someone who lacks a life perhaps? You shouldn't have a need to label yourself anyways. And even if you did, Hardcore gamer? Seriously? Why not just say I'm a douchebag with security problems so I must justify my small pee pee by saying I'm ******** better than you will ever be.

Not trying to be mean or anything, just callsit as I seesit 3nodding

I'm sorry you have such negative views on "hardcore" gamer (I dont even know why I bother to quote that damn thing anyways) But I guess in the end it is because you want to be better than everyone else, but I still say its a privelage and something to work towards. Not something to slap in someones face.

Oh, don't worry! I really respect everyones views, and im trying to understand them, if you call it mean, I say its to the point, thankyou so much for your comments and views ;w;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff