Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inconspicuous Obviousness
RAFAKUN MORRY
RAFAKUN MORRY
hard core games to me are a bunch of elitist that arent satisfied whit a game difficulty unless you are able to die in one shot form any unavoidable attack of any monster .

now on topic i can agree that it is true many of the games lately ( not just LOZ btw ) have become rather easy to conquer for ether the fact of there being to many weak enemy's or the puzzles being to simple , it would be cool if all games had a hard mode changing not only the number of enemy's but the enemy's A.I. and the puzzles complexity ( like how different OoT is from master quest )

See, I guess thats where I differ from most people in this discussion, is that I see the "hardcore" title not as someone who is a pompous elitest, but someone who enjoys playing video games alot more than the average person and is willing to go a bit farther than nessesary when beating a game.

its hard to keep a straight definition to the title wen ALOT of people ruin it .
whit so many of so called hardcore gamers being pompous elitist its hard not to think as every so called hardcore game to be well a pompous elitist .

in any case the thing whit the game difficulty is actually easy to fix bi giving a game more then one difficulty setting ( and making sure hard more IS hard ) but it would then take a lot longer for the game to get released specially if they dont limit the extra difficulty to just enemy health and attack power but even altering the A.I. and changing the locations of things in the map .

What is a hardcore game D:> I guess I still dont understand why people keep saying that.

Even with it taking more time, don't you think it would be better for wait longer for a better quality game? I mean honestly thats why i'm so excited this year because all the delayed games are finally coming out. Of course when they delayed it I was a bit dissapointed, but its nice to think that they have more time to improve a game.
actually if it were up to me every game ever released would have taken one extra month to actually get released just for polishing and bug elimination , i meant it more as commercial problem then a problem for the players sense in the end its actually better if the makers take longer to make the game sweatdrop

and i meant gamer in that last one sweatdrop

also from what i have seen what people define as a hardcore game lately is a first person shooter whit alot of blood and awesome graphics and or a extremely bloody and visually pleasing GOW tipe of game.
New definitions to preexisting words won't make a word collapse; it's a fairly natural part of the English language (as well as many others). People invent new words and new meanings to words all the time. Whether they ever become legitimate in the professional world is another thing entirely but that kind of thing is quite common in colloquialism.
Chaos Dirge
Chaos Dirge
RAFAKUN MORRY
hard core games to me are a bunch of elitist that arent satisfied whit a game difficulty unless you are able to die in one shot form any unavoidable attack of any monster .

now on topic i can agree that it is true many of the games lately ( not just LOZ btw ) have become rather easy to conquer for ether the fact of there being to many weak enemy's or the puzzles being to simple , it would be cool if all games had a hard mode changing not only the number of enemy's but the enemy's A.I. and the puzzles complexity ( like how different OoT is from master quest )

See, I guess thats where I differ from most people in this discussion, is that I see the "hardcore" title not as someone who is a pompous elitest, but someone who enjoys playing video games alot more than the average person and is willing to go a bit farther than nessesary when beating a game.

And once again, you didn't get my message. I do believe that. I just post that in every thread so that a debate doesn't pop up that lasts all of 50 pages like in the older days when me and 3 other people wer arugeing against 20 people what hardcore was. I don't view Hardcore as a title when it comes to gamers, I view it as a compliment and it shouldn't be treated as anything other. Note, the real definition I pointed out doesn't argue with your's because its the same definition. But you are acting like the word Hardcore belongs to you in this post. The word is something that has existed for 60 years, you don';t make up the definition for it when the definition exists.

That is why Hardcore doesn't exist to me, because people make up their own definitions. Those don't exist. If you read my posts you would have got that.

Then I guess I don't understand in the end.

And no I do not believe the word belongs to me, i'm just simply stating what the definition means to me. I know what it means but im stating how I view it, everyone interprets that definition or sees that definition in a different way.

I'm sorry if you think that I am trying to create a new definition for it, im not.

And if im still not getting the point, please explain it to me, because I do not want to end up as someone who blatantly states their point and refuses to accept others. Sorry if this is tiring sweatdrop

You, are the reason I do that... You are making your own definition to it, you even admit it in your own posts. You can't interpret this different when you do it collapses on itself.

Its not another definition for it, its the way I view it. How does that make it collapse on itself?

And I take other peoples statement and views into consideration, and I accept them.

Again I apologize, maybe I'm just bullheaded or stupid or both.
RAFAKUN MORRY
RAFAKUN MORRY
RAFAKUN MORRY

its hard to keep a straight definition to the title wen ALOT of people ruin it .
whit so many of so called hardcore gamers being pompous elitist its hard not to think as every so called hardcore game to be well a pompous elitist .

in any case the thing whit the game difficulty is actually easy to fix bi giving a game more then one difficulty setting ( and making sure hard more IS hard ) but it would then take a lot longer for the game to get released specially if they dont limit the extra difficulty to just enemy health and attack power but even altering the A.I. and changing the locations of things in the map .

What is a hardcore game D:> I guess I still dont understand why people keep saying that.

Even with it taking more time, don't you think it would be better for wait longer for a better quality game? I mean honestly thats why i'm so excited this year because all the delayed games are finally coming out. Of course when they delayed it I was a bit dissapointed, but its nice to think that they have more time to improve a game.
actually if it were up to me every game ever released would have taken one extra month to actually get released just for polishing and bug elimination , i meant it more as commercial problem then a problem for the players sense in the end its actually better if the makers take longer to make the game sweatdrop

also from what i have seen what people define as a hardcore game lately is a first person shooter whit alot of blood and awesome graphics and or a extremely bloody and visually pleasing GOW tipe of game.

I swear, even with the delays alot of them still have bugs DD: But nothings perfect I suppose.

...h-how is that a hardcore game D:> If its really good...its hardcore?
Thankyou everyone, for your comments and viewpoints, I really appreciate them.

I'm sorry if i've frustrated or offended anyone. sweatdrop
Don't be sorry, you asked for opinions and you got them.

Dangerous Genius

Chaos Dirge
Chaos Dirge
RAFAKUN MORRY

And once again, you didn't get my message. I do believe that. I just post that in every thread so that a debate doesn't pop up that lasts all of 50 pages like in the older days when me and 3 other people wer arugeing against 20 people what hardcore was. I don't view Hardcore as a title when it comes to gamers, I view it as a compliment and it shouldn't be treated as anything other. Note, the real definition I pointed out doesn't argue with your's because its the same definition. But you are acting like the word Hardcore belongs to you in this post. The word is something that has existed for 60 years, you don';t make up the definition for it when the definition exists.

That is why Hardcore doesn't exist to me, because people make up their own definitions. Those don't exist. If you read my posts you would have got that.

And no I do not believe the word belongs to me, i'm just simply stating what the definition means to me. I know what it means but im stating how I view it, everyone interprets that definition or sees that definition in a different way.

I'm sorry if you think that I am trying to create a new definition for it, im not.

And if im still not getting the point, please explain it to me, because I do not want to end up as someone who blatantly states their point and refuses to accept others. Sorry if this is tiring sweatdrop

You, are the reason I do that... You are making your own definition to it, you even admit it in your own posts. You can't interpret this different when you do it collapses on itself.

Its not another definition for it, its the way I view it. How does that make it collapse on itself?

And I take other peoples statement and views into consideration, and I accept them.

"I hate to view girls that play JRPGs the same as me"

Again how? They play the games just as long as you do sometimes. I like JRPGs but that isn't why I got to you on this its because of the separation . by the way you view your definition they should be included yet you don't accept it. That is forming your own definition not interpreting.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Forming
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/interpreting

Interpreting is using what is in the structure already and since the structure already includes them, if you block anything from not being in the structure you are creating something and putting contradictions in the definitions.
RAFAKUN MORRY
RAFAKUN MORRY
RAFAKUN MORRY

I swear, even with the delays alot of them still have bugs DD: But nothings perfect I suppose.

...h-how is that a hardcore game D:> If its really good...its hardcore?

rolf no i mean from what i have seen a hardcore game is not bi default a good game .

seriously from what i have seen what people call a hard core game and the examples they give a hard core game is an extremely bloody and action packed game whit great graphics .

just like how a casual game ( which docent mean the game is good or bad ) bi default is a party game ( a game composed of millions of mini games that can be played bi lots of players at the same time )

IRL Exhibitionist

11,300 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
The Enforcer666
Chaos Dirge
Hardcore doesn't exist.

That said, difficulty is up to interpretation. Do you consider the Gamecube version of the OoT game more difficult? I find it easier.

Nope, I found it to be equally as boringyou've just been trolled[>_<]

I'm not a big fan of many of these newer games. Most do not present a adequate challenge. The only way for them to be...."difficult" is if there is a flaw in them, be it camera issues or control problems. I beat Ghostbusters in a few days and I thought it was going to be longer. Hell, there is a part in the graveyard that's twice as challenging than the rest of the game AND the end boss put together.

But there is a difference from difficult and just plain annoying

You missed my point. I said that cause if a game is "perfect" then it should have a degree of difficulty... which a ton of games lack. But if you have to fight with everything then yeah, it's kinda hard. Prime example is Kya: Dark Linage. Jesus Crespo that game was fun. A bit on the easy side but still fun as hell. But because of the bad camera, it made the game a challenge, which wasn't a bad thing. Hell, I actually welcomed it with open arms. It gave me something to fight with.

Quote:
, like I dont think just because the camera angle or targeting system so is incredibly stupid that the game should be considered difficult.

Once again, a bad camera isn't necessarily a bad thing, just the bad stuff shouldn't be the reason why a game gets hard.

Quote:
But I never played ghostbusters sweatdrop I'm really too much of a panzy when it comes to stuff like that.

Picture Gears of War....but with ghosts. And instead of the Lancer, you got a Proton Pack...which is better than the Lancer anyways sweatdrop It's a somewhat easy game with a hard as balls part. I really recommend playing it.
Chaos Dirge
Chaos Dirge
Chaos Dirge

Again how? They play the games just as long as you do sometimes. I like JRPGs but that isn't why I got to you on this its because of the separation . by the way you view your definition they should be included yet you don't accept it. That is forming your own definition not interpreting.

Interpreting is using what is in the structure already and since the structure already includes them, if you block anything from not being in the structure you are creating something and putting contradictions in the definitions.

Like I stated in that same comment, I don't want to be compared to people who only play one genre.

And how am I so supposed to keep my own opinion if keep accepting everyone elses as my own.

I accept their views as being plausible and bring them into consideration when forming my own opinion.

I mean, when everyone states their opinion to you, are you supposed to automatically change your views to fit theirs?
The Enforcer666
The Enforcer666
Chaos Dirge
Hardcore doesn't exist.

That said, difficulty is up to interpretation. Do you consider the Gamecube version of the OoT game more difficult? I find it easier.

Nope, I found it to be equally as boringyou've just been trolled[>_<]

I'm not a big fan of many of these newer games. Most do not present a adequate challenge. The only way for them to be...."difficult" is if there is a flaw in them, be it camera issues or control problems. I beat Ghostbusters in a few days and I thought it was going to be longer. Hell, there is a part in the graveyard that's twice as challenging than the rest of the game AND the end boss put together.

But there is a difference from difficult and just plain annoying

You missed my point. I said that cause if a game is "perfect" then it should have a degree of difficulty... which a ton of games lack. But if you have to fight with everything then yeah, it's kinda hard. Prime example is Kya: Dark Linage. Jesus Crespo that game was fun. A bit on the easy side but still fun as hell. But because of the bad camera, it made the game a challenge, which wasn't a bad thing. Hell, I actually welcomed it with open arms. It gave me something to fight with.

Quote:
, like I dont think just because the camera angle or targeting system so is incredibly stupid that the game should be considered difficult.

Once again, a bad camera isn't necessarily a bad thing, just the bad stuff shouldn't be the reason why a game gets hard.

Quote:
But I never played ghostbusters sweatdrop I'm really too much of a panzy when it comes to stuff like that.

Picture Gears of War....but with ghosts. And instead of the Lancer, you got a Proton Pack...which is better than the Lancer anyways sweatdrop It's a somewhat easy game with a hard as balls part. I really recommend playing it.

Oh, thankyou for clarifying that for me.

Hmm...rent or buy?

Dangerous Genius

Chaos Dirge
Chaos Dirge
Chaos Dirge

Like I stated in that same comment, I don't want to be compared to people who only play one genre.

And how am I so supposed to keep my own opinion if keep accepting everyone elses as my own.

I accept their views as being plausible and bring them into consideration when forming my own opinion.

I mean, when everyone states their opinion to you, are you supposed to automatically change your views to fit theirs?

But it still fits your definition.

This isn't a belief though, a definition is a fact. That is what you don't get, you can't change facts unless they are disproved.

A definition is to make something distinct the characteristics, of something. You are only adding complications.
Chaos Dirge
Chaos Dirge
Chaos Dirge

I'm sorry I think I should better explain the type of people I don't want to be compared to.

Such as, fangirls who just buy a certain video game because it has their favorite manga or anime and thats all they play. I don't want to be grouped in with them.
The way I see it, hardcore is like classifying what "kind" of a gamer someone is, which, from what I have seen and interpreted, is often thought of as a sub/category of the latter. But, if you will, pretend the two have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other, other than having to do with video gaming. Now, to say that someone is "hardcore" is a sort of comparison, because if everyone were that, "hardcore" would lose all of its meaning. If no one were "hardcore", it would not exist, so you need another thing to compare it to. Now, in other things, it could take different meanings, but within the context of video games, it needs to be compared to one of three measurements, minimum; less than/equal to/greater than. Otherwise, it doesn't really have a meaning, and it is just an empty word with no significance to anything, anywhere, whatsoever.

So, in video games, it comes down to this; devotion and skill. So, the only way to compare is to take someone who is equally/less/more devoted/skilled to another person, and compare how much skill and devotion they have to gaming. After you find that one person is more/equally devoted, you have only three results; less devoted/equally devoted/more devoted. It doesn't matter how much more or less someone is devoted, the results will always end with one of those three. There is no true meaning of "hardcore", as it comes down to those forms of comparison. You strip down the different opinions of the word "hardcore", it always comes to those two terms and their meanings, combined to make the answer.

And then you can add in the ideas of classifications, but unless someone has never played any genre of game, except for one, you can't really classify them as an "RPG Gamer", or a "FPS Gamer", as they have played another game type, so it comes down to a familiar term, devotion. Devotion to a certain genre, and therefore, you can't really classify them as such, as they just have a preference to a certain kind of game. Therefore, hardcore becomes invalid there, as well.

Now, here is the part where I contradict myself. Under the dictionary entry for hardcore, you get three definitions; 1: Unswervingly committed; uncompromising; dedicated. 2: Explicit. 3: Being so without apparent change or remedy. The important one to pay attention to is Definition 1. you could compare someone's devotion to gaming as "hardcore", in the way that it is somewhat of a drug to them, and that they devote a good chunk of their time to it, and in that form, they can be considered a "hardcore" gamer. Or they do something "explicit" with their games.

As for the topic, sure, it comes down to money, and much of their audiences starting out with newer games and systems earlier than others, as well as this being an age of "dumbing down" many aspects of life, but faulty programming can also be considered as an aspect. You add in shitty AI, don't do proper bug-testing and such, and you could very-well end up with a game that seems easier than it was intended. Time and money constraints need to be acknowledged in times of "financial decline", as well as a team of people who are idiots, although that seems to mostly fall under administrative duties.
Chaos Dirge
Chaos Dirge
Chaos Dirge

But it still fits your definition.

This isn't a belief though, a definition is a fact. That is what you don't get, you can't change facts unless they are disproved.

A definition is to make something distinct the characteristics, of something. You are only adding complications.

"My" definition? I still don't understand how you can compare my interpretation of a definition, as a definition.

I know what a definition is, and I know that my interpretation is not a definition.

I'm confused as what you want me to do? You want me to stop interpreting the definition of hardcore and accept everyone elses?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff