Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
lilloulou
AliKat1988
I am level 3 in alchemy and hoping to level up without having to spend much. I get philosopher's caches in dumpster dive all the time. What formulas rely strictly on philosopher's caches or cheap items that I can use to level up?

It would take some time, but there's level 2 components which would only rely on components. Since they are one level lower, you shouldn't fail too much.
any specific recommendations though-I am looking to identify what level 2 and 3 formulas I can do that would not require me to buy too many items-I can afford the crafting gold but not the craziness of prices on the MP.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
AliKat1988
lilloulou
AliKat1988
I am level 3 in alchemy and hoping to level up without having to spend much. I get philosopher's caches in dumpster dive all the time. What formulas rely strictly on philosopher's caches or cheap items that I can use to level up?

It would take some time, but there's level 2 components which would only rely on components. Since they are one level lower, you shouldn't fail too much.
any specific recommendations though-I am looking to identify what level 2 and 3 formulas I can do that would not require me to buy too many items-I can afford the crafting gold but not the craziness of prices on the MP.

Did you check Lei's other thread?

On the second page, from Formula 2: Hexed Leather to Formula 2: Minotaur Horn are components formulas which are needing ONLY components coming from Philosopher's cache (some of them might be directly sold in Bifrost too). Some of them are more useful than others obviously. That said, if you scroll down the page of each level, you will see some suggestions from Lei. Otherwise, sometimes it really depends on what you already own in your inventory; if you happen to have some unused items which are used in some formulas, it could help you smile

Edit: Item-wise, feel free to do them on the same level; component-wise (ie. those with low crafting success), it's best to do them 1 level lower than you are to reduce fail-rate if you don't want to spend too much gold.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
lilloulou
AliKat1988
lilloulou
AliKat1988

Did you check Lei's other thread?

On the second page, from Formula 2: Hexed Leather to Formula 2: Minotaur Horn are components formulas which are needing ONLY components coming from Philosopher's cache (some of them might be directly sold in Bifrost too). Some of them are more useful than others obviously. That said, if you scroll down the page of each level, you will see some suggestions from Lei. Otherwise, sometimes it really depends on what you already own in your inventory; if you happen to have some unused items which are used in some formulas, it could help you smile

Edit: Item-wise, feel free to do them on the same level; component-wise (ie. those with low crafting success), it's best to do them 1 level lower than you are to reduce fail-rate if you don't want to spend too much gold.
Thanks I will check that out and pass this info on to a friend who I know has stayed on level 3 as well because we both only did orb aggregates and avoided the gold sink.

Luxurious Misfit

17,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Team Moira 200
Where can I get a Toggle at? One that doesn't cost a lot on marketplace.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Hollow Kuchiki Rukia
Where can I get a Toggle at? One that doesn't cost a lot on marketplace.

They comes from Daily Chance. You might be able to get some from lite fish drops, but I'm not sure.

Fallen Wolf

29,675 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Someone needs to make a list of alchemy things we can make and what is needed to make them.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
angelsinthewindow
Someone needs to make a list of alchemy things we can make and what is needed to make them.

You mean this?

And since you didn't know about it, you should probably give this a read.

Fallen Wolf

29,675 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Platonix
angelsinthewindow

You mean this?

And since you didn't know about it, you should probably give this a read.
thanks

Original Survivor

I don't know if this is really related to alchemy, but I noticed that some component sell for far more than their respective Caches (the Topaz Cache and Cherub Feather come to mind.) I opened two and sold the Feathers. Was I just lucky in that I got a "success" both times? Does it not always give you the item? I don't understand the discrepancy between the Cache price and the component price. But then, I'm not an alchemist.

Timid Ladykiller

16,850 Points
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Bold Glow 150
Lei_Trigar
Bump~

nice botty brab ! emotion_bigheart

Original Survivor

hazashlee
Lei_Trigar
Bump~