Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Nerd

9,100 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nerd 50
今日はみんなーさん~
Hello sweatdrop I'm trying to learn Japanese on my own. I thought maybe coming here would be a good place for me to start so...Konbanwa sweatdrop

Dangerous Loiterer

DestineyzChild
Hello sweatdrop I'm trying to learn Japanese on my own. I thought maybe coming here would be a good place for me to start so...Konbanwa sweatdrop

Well, good luck!

I've been learning the language by myself for two-and-a-half years. :3

Caerthakatha
DestineyzChild

Well, good luck!

How is it going?

Dangerous Loiterer

DestineyzChild
Caerthakatha
DestineyzChild

Well, good luck!

How is it going?

I'm at a decent level and able to translate, but I've decided to take it on to university: I don't think I
    can advance much further than this without formal teaching.

Caerthakatha
DestineyzChild
Caerthakatha
DestineyzChild

Well, good luck!

How is it going?

I'm at a decent level and able to translate, but I've decided to take it on to university: I don't think I

I see. Maybe I should do that too. It's good you got so far on your own. I'm barely past the beginning.

Dangerous Loiterer

DestineyzChild
Caerthakatha
DestineyzChild
Caerthakatha
DestineyzChild

Well, good luck!

How is it going?

I see. Maybe I should do that too. It's good you got so far on your own. I'm barely past the beginning.

I would give yourself time to build yourself up to an intermediate knowledge and then think about
    whether you require formal teaching: if you live in an area with a significant Japanese population
    or have Japanese-speaking friends, you may be lucky enough to find somebody willing to let you
    practise with them. The only reason I've chosen to attend university is because I know no native
    speakers in my town, and I live half-an-hour away from the best East Asian Language school in
    the United Kingdom. xD

Caerthakatha
DestineyzChild
Caerthakatha
DestineyzChild
Caerthakatha
DestineyzChild

Well, good luck!

How is it going?

I would give yourself time to build yourself up to an intermediate knowledge and then think about
    whether you require formal teaching: if you live in an area with a significant Japanese population
    or have Japanese-speaking friends, you may be lucky enough to find somebody willing to let you
    practise with them. The only reason I've chosen to attend university is because I know no native
    speakers in my town, and I live half-an-hour away from the best East Asian Language school in
    the United Kingdom. xD

I am in the same circumstance right now so maybe classes would benefit me as well.

Dangerous Loiterer

DestineyzChild
Caerthakatha
DestineyzChild
Caerthakatha
DestineyzChild
How is it going?

the United Kingdom. xD

I am in the same circumstance right now so maybe classes would benefit me as well.

If you can find them, go for it, then. It simple enough to reach a decent, and possibly almost
    fluent, level in writing and reading through entirely independent online methods such as this,
    but if you have your sights set on being able to write by hand and speak the language, there
    is no question that you will need regular contact with native speakers.

Caerthakatha
DestineyzChild
Caerthakatha
DestineyzChild
Caerthakatha
DestineyzChild
How is it going?

the United Kingdom. xD

If you can find them, go for it, then. It simple enough to reach a decent, and possibly almost
    fluent, level in writing and reading through entirely independent online methods such as this,
    but if you have your sights set on being able to write by hand and speak the language, there
    is no question that you will need regular contact with native speakers.

You are very correct in that. When I was learning spanish at school I could read and write it but it wasn't until I started interacting with people who spoke spanish, did I actually grasp speaking it.
I don't know Japanese

emo

hehe

Dangerous Loiterer

誰かいるかな?

Bashful Nerd

9,100 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nerd 50
眠いですね~

元気ですかみんな?

Beloved Noob

Hello. I want to study Japanese. I can only read hiragana and I can recognize some kanji characters. I hope I can learn many things with you guys smile

3,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
はじめまして、CrossかJuneと申します。今大学生で、せんこうは国際関係と心理学ですで。十八歳ですよね。高校で日本語の少ない授業僕を取りました。でも、まだあまりいいんですから、お世話になります!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff