Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elfin Guildsman

Hi....!

I was just wondering , if anyone here participates in the " Runway " ? Cuz , someone told me my current Tengu avie would do great in the " Journey to the East " contest. So i was wondering... or more like asking for second opinions.
Truth though i don't think i've seen other Tengu avatars....at least from users... or if i have it has been way to few since 09...

tanatolis's Waifu

Adorable Sweetheart

15,975 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I need to SPEAK japanese!
SPEAK not type.
PLEASE can you please help me? crying
I am like N4 in japanese knowledge, but i have never spoken the language because on my UNI we just read/write/learn grammar, but never use it. crying
Please help me find people that would want to talk in japanese with me, even in exchange for speaking in english with them.
Thank you for understanding and reading this.
Hello! My name is Chibi Friandise. I am canadian. I started, there is one year to learn the language by watching anime. Moreover, I had to buy me a book containing some word. Unfortunately, I do not know the Japanese dialect, but I want to learn it. Thank you!

Divine Cleric

時々、俺があの日本語をなりたい人に「無理だよ」を言いたいだ
Sup, back here after an absence of 5-8 years. Not Japanese, but a learner here. Happy to talk to peeps here in Japanese if people are around before I disappear off the ace of the Earth again :v

ちす、八年ぶりに帰ってきました、どうぞよろしゅう m(_ _)m
that'd be cool. but I can't...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mythical Shapeshifter

19,400 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ok, I am actually living in Japan and typing on a Japanese keyboard. I've tried a few times but it won't let me comment. Any advice??

Skilled Sleuth

7,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
PixelDrems
Ok, I am actually living in Japan and typing on a Japanese keyboard. I've tried a few times but it won't let me comment. Any advice??

どんなパソコンを使っているの?

Fanatical Muse

14,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Survivor 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I've been playing around with the idea of taking the JLPT test this year for level five. I tried the practice test for level five a few weeks ago & I got through it with a few mistakes here & there. The thing that makes me the most nervous is the listening portion. I can read & write Hiragana, Katakana really well, Kanji somewhat, listening to Japanese is shaky, but speaking in Japanese is the worst since I have no partners & my sentence structure is so crappy.

It's so frustrating! I want to try, but I'm scared.

Also, can someone please help me with this message I received? I can apart some things, but the rest is weird.
…ボクは誰にメッセージを送っているのか?男?女?仕事は?

6年って結婚期間?尾崎豊については?

…真実が知りたいです。いきなり変なメッセージでご免なさい。

I think it's:

. . . Did I send you a message? Male? Female? Occupation?

[I don't know how to translate the second line at all]

. . . I'd like to know the truth. Please excuse/dismiss this weird message.

Skilled Sleuth

7,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Shinkai-Brujeria

6年って結婚期間?尾崎豊については?

I think it's:

. . . Did I send you a message? Male? Female? Occupation?

[I don't know how to translate the second line at all]

. . . I'd like to know the truth. Please excuse/dismiss this weird message.

Am I sending messages to someone? (I think. ている indicates present continuous, I believe.)
Have (you/I) been married for 6 years? What about Yutaka Ozaki?
[Last line I think you have correct.]

Skilled Sleuth

7,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Shinkai-Brujeria
I've been playing around with the idea of taking the JLPT test this year for level five. I tried the practice test for level five a few weeks ago & I got through it with a few mistakes here & there. The thing that makes me the most nervous is the listening portion. I can read & write Hiragana, Katakana really well, Kanji somewhat, listening to Japanese is shaky, but speaking in Japanese is the worst since I have no partners & my sentence structure is so crappy.

Also, good luck on the test. I'm taking the N2 in July, but the N3 kicked my butt twice before I passed, so don't give up home even if you pass the first time. As for listening practice, I really recommend watching Japanese tv shows that aren't anime. When listening to speech, I find it always helps me to be able to see people's mouthes moving. During mask season my comprehension plummets. (Also, luckily you don't need to worry about speaking on the JLPT, which has always seemed silly to me, but しょうがない。)

Shinx96's Boyfriend

Shameless Gawker

Shinkai-Brujeria

6年って結婚期間?尾崎豊については?

User Image悲鳴はまだ近く僕の周りを漂い
Who did I send a message to? A man? A woman? What's your job?
6 years is that how long you were/have been married? And what about Ozaki Yutaka?
I want to know the truth. Sorry for the random strange message.
切り裂いて離れないUser Image

Fanatical Muse

14,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Survivor 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
FireHeir

missioDei

Thank you both for you respective inputs. I really appreciate it

FireHeir
Also, good luck on the test. I'm taking the N2 in July, but the N3 kicked my butt twice before I passed, so don't give up home even if you pass the first time. As for listening practice, I really recommend watching Japanese tv shows that aren't anime. When listening to speech, I find it always helps me to be able to see people's mouthes moving. During mask season my comprehension plummets. (Also, luckily you don't need to worry about speaking on the JLPT, which has always seemed silly to me, but しょうがない。)

I'm still thinking on the idea of the test at the moment. I might just wait another year or so before I take it in order to properly study for it. At the moment, In any case, thank you for your advice & encouragement.

I'm trying exercise my reading comprehension by messaging a few VOCALOID producers in regards to covering their songs. So far, it's hit-and-miss. Like for example, I received this message on Twitter when I was talking to my favorite musician/composer about covering some of his songs.

日本語で失礼します。カバーなどはして頂いて構いませんが、動画投稿をお考えでしたら、アップロード後にそのアドレスをお教え頂けると嬉しく思います。どうぞ宜しくお願いします。

I think that the translation would be (parenthesis bits are for the sake of context in the message):

Excuse the (use of) Japanese. I don't care if you cover (a song), however if you are considering uploading a video send the address (link) and I'd be happy to see it. Douzo yoroshiku onegashimasu.

Man, reading the Kanji is hard, but picking out the contextual bits is half the battle.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff